PDA

View Full Version : Pittsburg-Kennedale

bobcat4life
11-22-2009, 02:56 PM
who wins it?

kennedale9
11-22-2009, 04:22 PM
kennedale. Their deffense is to good and their offense will match up good to pittsburgs defense.

Old Green
11-22-2009, 04:46 PM
What kind offense is Kennedale running?

Buckeye80
11-22-2009, 04:56 PM
Really want to see a Pitt/Argyle matchup!

Trashman
11-22-2009, 05:00 PM
got to go with Kennedale:D

TheDOCTORdre
11-22-2009, 06:13 PM
Kennedale continues its march through the playoffs

LE Dad
11-22-2009, 06:26 PM
Pitt wins. Balanced offense, good defense. :)

:D

bobcat4life
11-22-2009, 06:41 PM
How good is Pittsburgs offense? I know they will probably be athletic, but I know nothing other than that.

LE Dad
11-22-2009, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by bobcat4life
How good is Pittsburgs offense? I know they will probably be athletic, but I know nothing other than that. Pittsburg runs the spread. They have a back that has about 1600 yds thus far. They will direct snap to him, run zone read and throw screens to him, QB is avg runner, but not a breakaway threat. QB is very good passer, they roll him out to both sides and throw fairly short passes and slip screens. He throws with good velocity and accuracy. The best way to beat them is to keep the ball out of their hands.

k-town6
11-23-2009, 06:42 PM
wildcat d will have to have another good game and the o needs to roll. we put up 21 i like our chance of winning!

MoveInDad
11-23-2009, 07:17 PM
Celina showed the way to defend (allowed 69 total yards)... if Pitt has a 1600 yd back, and a QB that can pass they're through to the next round.

Celina - Kennedale was one of the most baffling games I've ever witnessed... I hope the Coaches took responsibility for the outcome afterward in the locker room, it was their job to recognize what changes needed to be made in order to win that game.

I had written a lot more and decided better not to post my thoughts... looking forward to next year, good luck to Prosper and Argyle.

gunsmoke 11
11-23-2009, 09:21 PM
Call your coaches and tell them what they should have done. Those guys haven't won too many games over there. I'm sure they would enjoy getting on the board and watching you draw up some suggestions. Tell you what. I'll get the number for you and you can give them a call. That might be fun to watch.

bwdaggie
11-23-2009, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by gunsmoke 11
Call your coaches and tell them what they should have done. Those guys haven't won too many games over there. I'm sure they would enjoy getting on the board and watching you draw up some suggestions. Tell you what. I'll get the number for you and you can give them a call. That might be fun to watch.

:fnypost:

Stephenson
11-23-2009, 10:44 PM
Kennedale had great team speed on defense. I know I was a little surprised after what Celina did to them last year. It will be interesting to see if Pittsburghs speed can get around the edges which we just weren't able to do.

Does Pittsburgh have a big bruising runner that can occasionally run hard between the tackles and get the all important 3, 4, 5 yard gain?

Celina did do a great job of shutting down the Kennedale offense which should help Pittsburgh if they study the film in depth.

This should be a great game, and I wish we were playing in it.

RPF2666
11-24-2009, 08:41 AM
No offense to Kennedale, but I can't see them going beyond this week.

I'll take Argyle next week over either one of them.

Matthew328
11-24-2009, 09:54 AM
Pitt is really good on offense, great balance and team speed. They've got a QB who can throw and it helps a lot. I think they knock Kennedale off this week AND I think they will knock off Argyle as well!

tog
11-24-2009, 09:57 AM
Kennedale is tough.

LE Dad
11-24-2009, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by Stephenson
It will be interesting to see if Pittsburghs speed can get around the edges which we just weren't able to do.

Does Pittsburgh have a big bruising runner that can occasionally run hard between the tackles and get the all important 3, 4, 5 yard gain? Pitts back is on the small side but cat quick. He will get behind that big line a pick up 3-4 or if the D losses him he will break it big on you. If he can't get the corner they will throw a roll out screen and cut your DB's.

LE Dad
11-24-2009, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by k-town6
wildcat d will have to have another good game and the o needs to roll. we put up 21 i like our chance of winning! The problem will be holding Pitt under 40.:D They are just rolling over people. I don't know enough about the Wildcat D to know if they can do it but I can promise you it will be challenged by a balanced attack. Pleasant Grove slowed their passing attack and had a 17-14 lead. The second half Pitt came out and ran them into the ground with the Burns and Manely kids.

JustAFan
11-24-2009, 10:50 AM
Wow, this sounds like a recent thread. I think it was that Celina was going to "run over" Kennedale and Kennedale would lose by 21?? Kennedale must have something going for them since they are still playing.

k-town6
11-24-2009, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by JustAFan
Wow, this sounds like a recent thread. I think it was that Celina was going to "run over" Kennedale and Kennedale would lose by 21?? Kennedale must have something going for them since they are still playing.

its about time were gettin some support.

TheDOCTORdre
11-24-2009, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by k-town6
its about time were gettin some support.

hey I give ya'll support in fact I even called the kennedale victory (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=100341&highlight=kennedale+Will+beat+celina) over Celina

BILLYFRED0000
11-24-2009, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by gunsmoke 11

Be more than happy to if I thought it was useful. You get a feel for a game and can coach if you have a clue. I thought the real issue was the mental mistakes on the offensive execution. Coaches coach and Players play. But the coaches were slow to get plays out on occasion. Too much dithering. Somebody decide and lets not have a conference while the offense is watching the clock wind down.

It looked like we were having issues with their speed but the backs did not cut inside enough. On the 55's and 34's it looked like the lead backs were getting caught up in the backfield some and the ball carrier did not cut authoritatively inside the block. And cut all the way back not just a dip and back out. The kennedale D was fast enough to pursue and close the hole. But if the second lead back would have blocked inside and then the ball carrier cut inside of that it would have been more effective. We had a real problem doing that this year. Backs kept playin a little side line willie. Romero did the best overall job of cuttin back but we just kept missing the inside move most of the time. When Jamarick hit it that one time against VA he scored. He would not have against Kennedale but it would have been 4 or 5 yards instead of 2 or 3. I also would have liked to set up a shuttle play with a fake 34 full back lead 55 shuttle pass with cody faking the handoff. He could sprint pass option or shuttle depending on the read.
Don't know why we did not run that one a couple of times.

BILLYFRED0000
11-24-2009, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
Pitt is really good on offense, great balance and team speed. They've got a QB who can throw and it helps a lot. I think they knock Kennedale off this week AND I think they will knock off Argyle as well!

They may knock off K but not A. Argyle will roll.

ssgmp5150
11-24-2009, 01:15 PM
Not even sure if Pitt will knock off Kennedale, however I am sure that Kennedale or Pitt will both get destroyed by Argyle!

Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000

TheDOCTORdre
11-24-2009, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by ssgmp5150
Not even sure if Pitt will knock off Kennedale, however I am sure that Kennedale or Pitt will both get destroyed by Argyle!

but but Kennedale was supposed to get destroyed by Celina

LE Dad
11-24-2009, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
but but Kennedale was supposed to get destroyed by Celina Just saying ... Thats what I read:D Must be true:clap: :clap:

Matthew328
11-24-2009, 03:54 PM

Argyle is good but not this unstoppable force everyone says they are. A team with speed that is balanced can give them fits.

BLACK ATTACK
11-24-2009, 04:24 PM
Argyle is good but not this unstoppable force everyone says they are. A team with speed that is balanced can give them fits.

I notice that you are from Lake Worth. Sounds like maybe you need to go visit with one of your Bullfrogs. I think that they might disagree with you.

k-town6
11-24-2009, 06:35 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
[B]but but Kennedale was supposed to get destroyed by Celina [

You tell 'em Doc! We appreciate your support and wish more people would jump on our band wagon. Seems like we are the underdog on every game, but then again that's how we like it!

Roll Cats!!!!!!!!!

Matthew328
11-24-2009, 10:38 PM
Not a Bullfrog, a Bulldog. Just live in Lake Worth and I attended the Argyle-Lake Worth game.

Argyle is a good team but they are not unbeatable. I stand by my statement that a team with speed and balance will cause them some problems.

BLACK ATTACK
11-24-2009, 11:14 PM
Not a Bullfrog, a Bulldog. Just live in Lake Worth and I attended the Argyle-Lake Worth game.

Argyle is a good team but they are not unbeatable. I stand by my statement that a team with speed and balance will cause them some problems.

OK....you do that. But there is a huge difference in having some problems and getting beat.

garageoffice
11-24-2009, 11:25 PM
It looked like we were having issues with their speed but the backs did not cut inside enough....And cut all the way back not just a dip and back out. The kennedale D was fast enough to pursue and close the hole.

Ironically, I sat in the stands thinking the same thing...and the opposite when Kennedale had the ball. Kennedale's backs had the speed to get outside of Celina on several occasions, but got impatient and cut it back right into the strength of the defense. But you have to remember that if it hadn't been for an impressive scramble Celina might not have scored at all.

Face it, on paper Celina should have beat Kennedale handily. Their players were almost half-again as big and just as athletic. Kennedale was playing with a freshman quarterback and, although they have backs with good speed, they don't have the strength they've had in past years. But, defensively, Kennedale just kept coming up with big plays when they needed them.

That's why they play the games, right? Because it's about the kids matching up against the kids.

It was a great game to watch...unless you like to see a lot of scoring. And if you watched closely, there were enough mistakes to go around on both sides...not just on Celina's. LOL!

ctown
11-24-2009, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by Buckeye80
Really want to see a Pitt/Argyle matchup!

You will

TheDOCTORdre
11-24-2009, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by RPF2666
No offense to Kennedale, but I can't see them going beyond this week.

I thought ya'll didnt see them going past last week:D

RPF2666
11-25-2009, 09:09 AM
I didn't, and admit I didn't.

If they played again tomorrow, I'd take Celina.

Stuff happens and sometimes the better team doesn't win!

Kennedale's special teams won the game with an assist from their defense. If Kennedale's offense doesn't do something, anything, Pittsburgh wins easily.

RPF2666
11-25-2009, 09:37 AM
And I'm not saying it because I'm from Celina.

I'm saying it because I watched the game, just to
be crystal clear.

waterboy
11-25-2009, 09:46 AM
My head says Pittsburg should win this one, but so does my gut.:D It could be that I'm a homer and Pittsburg is only 18 miles up the road from me here in East Texas, too. Seriously, I do think that the Pirates will win this one by about 7-12 points, maybe even more.;)

Matthew328
11-25-2009, 11:12 AM
Of course there's a huge diff between causing problems and getting beat, but you gotta cause someone problems to beat em right?

Pitt's very under the radar but they can play, they've got a combination that Argyle hasn't seen yet. Balanced offense w/speed that has won big games.

LE Dad
11-25-2009, 11:41 AM
Of course there's a huge diff between causing problems and getting beat, but you gotta cause someone problems to beat em right?

Pitt's very under the radar but they can play, they've got a combination that Argyle hasn't seen yet. Balanced offense w/speed that has won big games. I don't know enough about Argyle to say Pitt will win, but Pitt has a ton of weapons and the way they roll the QB makes it hard to get a good rush on them. LE took away the run and they passed. PG took away the pass and they ran. I guess if you can find someway to take both away you can win but good luck. It could come down to who gets the breaks.

BLACK ATTACK
11-25-2009, 01:24 PM

Pitt's very under the radar but they can play, they've got a combination that Argyle hasn't seen yet. Balanced offense w/speed that has won big games.

Exactly how many times have you seen Argyle play to be such an authority on what our defense can and can't do?