PDA

View Full Version : Hey Pawdaddy, here's your crow.

big daddy russ
11-22-2009, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by Pawdaddy
Carthage WILL NOT survive against Mexia. Mark this post, tag it, highlight it, tie a string around it.......but do not forget to tell me that you were notified!

Carthage 35
Mexia 26

:D

pirate4state
11-22-2009, 02:36 PM
:2thumbsup

44INAROW
11-22-2009, 02:37 PM
rofl Russ wonder if he'll show up -:nerd:

Spread It Out
11-22-2009, 02:45 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap:

oldtownag
11-22-2009, 04:27 PM
TTT

lulu
11-22-2009, 05:00 PM
Go Dawgs:D

oldtownag
11-22-2009, 08:51 PM
Pawdaddy - I guess you changed your mind for the contest!

Pawdaddy Contest Picks (http://www.bracketmaker.com/predict.cfm?parent=632253&user=347207)

oldtownag
11-23-2009, 09:04 AM
ttt

Pawdaddy
11-23-2009, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
rofl Russ wonder if he'll show up -:nerd:

Of course, I'll show up. Heck, I never left. Yeah, I have had a plate already on another thread but if you guys wanted to razz me enough to start another, here I be!!!

Like I said Saturday, Carthage did SURVIVE! And at this time of year, that is all that is important. They did not dominate and the fumble by Mexia before half and a couple of calls late in the 4th that did not favor them were huge in how this one played out.
However, Carthage remains the undefeated, defending, DII 3A Champs and will be until someone takes it from them.

Good luck to Carthage! I still want to see a Carthage/Pittsburg matchup. (I will be for Pittsburg!):evillol: :evillol: :evillol:

jason
11-23-2009, 10:24 AM
Of course, I'll show up. Heck, I never left. Yeah, I have had a plate already on another thread but if you guys wanted to razz me enough to start another, here I be!!!

Like I said Saturday, Carthage did SURVIVE! And at this time of year, that is all that is important. They did not dominate and the fumble by Mexia before half and a couple of calls late in the 4th that did not favor them were huge in how this one played out.
However, Carthage remains the undefeated, defending, DII 3A Champs and will be until someone takes it from them.

Good luck to Carthage! I still want to see a Carthage/Pittsburg matchup. (I will be for Pittsburg!):evillol: :evillol: :evillol:

were you at the game? how did you like the stadium? i grew up about 2 miles from there...

Pawdaddy
11-23-2009, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by jason
were you at the game? how did you like the stadium? i grew up about 2 miles from there...

No, I did not make it. I listened to the call on the internet and had a buddy of mine there that kept me informed of other things going on. I have been there many times before though and really like the stadium. I was there in '81 when Gilmer beat Kermit and then Wylie on two of the coldest afternoon games I have ever been to. Sleeting, raining, wind,.......it was rough, both games. Gilmer won both and went on to get whomped by Cameron Yoe in Waco in the finals. I will be in Lufkin Saturday.

jason
11-23-2009, 10:42 AM
No, I did not make it. I listened to the call on the internet and had a buddy of mine there that kept me informed of other things going on. I have been there many times before though and really like the stadium. I was there in '81 when Gilmer beat Kermit and then Wylie on two of the coldest afternoon games I have ever been to. Sleeting, raining, wind,.......it was rough, both games. Gilmer won both and went on to get whomped by Cameron Yoe in Waco in the finals. I will be in Lufkin Saturday. the game was in forney - the stadium wasn't there in 1981....

Pawdaddy
11-23-2009, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by oldtownag
Pawdaddy - I guess you changed your mind for the contest!

Pawdaddy Contest Picks (http://www.bracketmaker.com/predict.cfm?parent=632253&user=347207)

No, my mind did not change. A few outcomes got discombobullated, but my mind did not change. But tell me, why would you bring up the contest when my name shows up #8 in DI (you're at #41) and then in DII, I am at #15 (you're at #54.)

Did your mind change?

oldtownag
11-23-2009, 10:51 AM
I believe this was your quote:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Carthage WILL NOT survive against Mexia. Mark this post, tag it, highlight it, tie a string around it.......but do not forget to tell me that you were notified!

So why did you pick Carthage to advance vs. Mexia in the contest? I guess you didn't really think Mexia would win.

Pawdaddy
11-23-2009, 11:16 AM
You are right. After I turned in my picks, I began looking at Mexia and remembering the battle they gave Gilmer last year. I argue with myself a lot more than with posters on here.:D :D :D

Jason, I did not make a game this week but I was thinking of the Gilmer game at Mesquite Memorial. My bad.