PDA

View Full Version : aTm vs. UT

GetRDoneStangs
11-22-2009, 10:26 AM
We may as well start talking "turkey" :D :D

The Horns come to Aggieland.....do they blow out the Ags or do they have NC hopes shattered??

Lets keep it "clean" and "classy"......you noticed I even included a fun option on the poll.

Gig Em !!

Fair warning...this STAYS civil or it will go away and thread bans/warnings issued~sinton66

CueroDad08
11-22-2009, 10:37 AM
Longhorns take it, It will not matter how much. They just need the win is all they care about.

IrishTex
11-22-2009, 10:37 AM
The Aggies prove once again they can handle the Horns.

Texas A&M 20
Texas 14

dawg4life
11-22-2009, 11:31 AM
im taking the aggies 30-28. Kyle field is the difference.

87 TIGER
11-22-2009, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by IrishTex

Texas A&M 20
Texas 14 The Aggies can't hold anyone to 14 especially The Texas Longhorns. aggies might get 20 but the Horns will get 48. Another NC trophy is going to live in Austin, Tx

Pendragon13
11-22-2009, 11:34 AM
Dangerous game...Aggies are already bowl eligible and have nothing to lose....yet everything to gain as far as dignity and season ending momentum. I say the Aggies throw everything they have at Texas but still come up short...Texas 31 A&M 17.

ivchris
11-22-2009, 12:06 PM
Texas. After this year, the Aggies will need a 13th, 14th and 15th man to help.

sinton66
11-22-2009, 12:08 PM

Texas A&M 20
Texas 14

I wonder what the Vegas odds makers would say about this.:D

Txbroadcaster
11-22-2009, 12:17 PM
I think A&M comes out quick and makes it a game, then Texas wears em out and rolls

Texas 45
A&M 14

DDBooger
11-22-2009, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
I think A&M comes out quick and makes it a game, then Texas wears em out and rolls

Texas 45
A&M 14 1st half will be close, the stadium will be swaying, but a few defensive stops and it seems like this A&M team falls apart. Can't say we really know if that changes vs Texas. And I really just want a team from Texas to represent in the BCS championship. If Texas loses, that is still intact. :)

trojandad
11-22-2009, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
1st half will be close, the stadium will be swaying, but a few defensive stops and it seems like this A&M team falls apart. Can't say we really know if that changes vs Texas. And I really just want a team from Texas to represent in the BCS championship. If Texas loses, that is still intact. :)

:iagree:

slpybear the bullfan
11-22-2009, 03:55 PM
This game you will see just how "Focused" Mack, Colt, Kindle and all the guys will be. You think they aren't fired up about this one?

Gonna be awesome...

Texas Fight!!!

bandera7
11-22-2009, 04:02 PM
Ill be there...Im hoping A&M wins this one. I think we can if we get out to a hot start and let the crowd carry it from there. That being said, I do think Texas is the best team in the country, and to win this one, A&M has to keep the crowd interested and play mistake free.

My plan works :)
A&M 34
UT 28

It doesnt....UT 55
A&M 21

NastySlot
11-22-2009, 04:06 PM
i'll be there.....hoping the aggies...can get it ALL together and compete.

then i'll be off to baton rouge for the lsu/arkansas game.

grmfan93
11-22-2009, 04:11 PM
You misspelled the thread title...

dawg4life
11-22-2009, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by grmfan93
You misspelled the thread title...

I agree :D :D :D :D

jrhernandez7
11-22-2009, 05:42 PM
Texas loves hostile places, A&m will be tooting there 12th man horn an trying to convince themselvs they can play with the BCS number 3 horns in the first quarter, texas puts it on them in the other 3, 45-17 horns. There will be large number of longhorns in the stands!!! crowd wont be as one sided as might seem.

p.s also heard Texas may wear alternate jersys this game with the quote "it only takes 11" on the back

Barney Stinson
11-22-2009, 05:56 PM

TheDOCTORdre
11-22-2009, 06:10 PM
just in case this thread gets closed, let it be known I was here...

By the way Horns roll...aggies will be lucky to be in the game by midway through the 2nd

Trashman
11-22-2009, 06:17 PM

Texas 45
A&M 14

:iagree:

GetRDoneStangs
11-22-2009, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
just in case this thread gets closed, let it be known I was here...

By the way Horns roll...aggies will be lucky to be in the game by midway through the 2nd

I think if the Aggies can stay away from the the TO or penalty they may stay close...if they get behind by 2-3 TD, the youth may show

Gig Em

wildstangs
11-22-2009, 06:22 PM
Texas 49 Aggies 13

squid
11-22-2009, 06:27 PM
a game much like the Kansas game, Texas starts slow, then kicks it in to pull away.....

Texas 44
A&M 13

Phil C
11-22-2009, 07:10 PM
This is a very scary game for the Horns. You have to remember that the Aggies beat Texas Tech much worse than Texas did and that was on the road while Texas had the game in Austin. Also the Aggies play extra hard in College Station. You also have to remember that Colt has only beat the Aggies 1 of the last 3 games. The Aggies have got their acts together at the end of the year plus UT has lost Aaron Williams to injuries. Remember in 1963 when the Aggies almost upset the No. 1 Horns. They would love to do it again. This is a scary game indeed.
You also have to remember that one of our finest posters (BBDE) plays for the Aggies. That increases the risk.

OH THE WOE AND THE AGONY! :(

Bull Butter
11-22-2009, 07:23 PM
Aggies have played MUCH better at home than on the road this season, so it may not be the blowout that everyone thinks it will be. A&M's offense can put points on the board, but Texas will put more. I see it starting off close, probably within 7-10 points at halftime and then Texas will pull away in the 4th Qtr and win 44-27

Cameron Crazy
11-22-2009, 07:23 PM
Colt and Shipley will end up combining for 500+ yards. And they will kill the aggies.

IrishTex
11-22-2009, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
I wonder what the Vegas odds makers would say about this.:D

Odds makers giving A&M +22 1/2 points.

Pretty tough considering it's a rivalry game. (http://www.point-spreads.com/ncaa-point-spreads.html)

:)

NastySlot
11-22-2009, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by jrhernandez7
Texas loves hostile places, A&m will be tooting there 12th man horn an trying to convince themselvs they can play with the BCS number 3 horns in the first quarter, texas puts it on them in the other 3, 45-17 horns. There will be large number of longhorns in the stands!!! crowd wont be as one sided as might seem.

p.s also heard Texas may wear alternate jersys this game with the quote "it only takes 11" on the back

loves hostile places....what?........like uh.....where laramie?

texas wins this game for one reason....talent...all those years of top rated recruiting classes puts you where texas, florida and alabama are.

it only takes 11?..............what 11 easy games to get you a chance to play in the bcs title?

IrishTex
11-22-2009, 07:52 PM
it only takes 11

Forgive me for interupting.....but I think what they are saying is, it only takes 11 players...sort of a kick at A&M for the 12th man thing....just my opinion.

:p

NastySlot
11-22-2009, 07:54 PM
Forgive me for interupting.....but I think what they are saying is, it only takes 11 players...sort of a kick at A&M for the 12th man thing....just my opinion.

:p

yeah...im an aggie but i got it...i was being a smart @$$.

navscanmaster
11-22-2009, 08:19 PM
This same banter was said two and three years ago. Last year, the majority finally got it right. Laugh at a team that is a big rival, and the loss hurts much more. Staying classy, no predictions, just yelling hard for the Aggies!

BTHO UT!! WHOOP!!

*yes, I said UT even though I get on others for doing it. I also said this week is different. Don't waste your time with :rolleyes: and :hand: or any other whiny comments.*

Thread ban if it happens again

BreckTxLonghorn
11-22-2009, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by jrhernandez7

This is completely erroneous. Texas did succumb to the horrible Nike pro combat style unis for the game, but it says 'we are texas', and it's inside the collar. I don't see Mack ever allowing something like that written anywhere on a Texas jersey.

Uni images:
http://www.bustersports.com/blog/big-12-news/2009/11/10/texas-pro-combat-uniforms-leaked

StangEm
11-22-2009, 08:29 PM
Hons by about 60....

sinfan75
11-22-2009, 08:33 PM
I think this will be Texas' toughest game. Horns play terrible in Aggieland but they should win. Horns pull awayin the 4th. 49-24

NastySlot
11-22-2009, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
This is completely erroneous. Texas did succumb to the horrible Nike pro combat style unis for the game, but it says 'we are texas', and it's inside the collar. I don't see Mack ever allowing something like that written anywhere on a Texas jersey.

Uni images:
http://www.bustersports.com/blog/big-12-news/2009/11/10/texas-pro-combat-uniforms-leaked

we are texas?..................thats what all those weak east coast schools use...we are marshall....and ever been to a penn state game...they yell that the entire game we are penn state..

BreckTxLonghorn
11-22-2009, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot
we are texas?..................thats what all those weak east coast schools use...we are marshall....and ever been to a penn state game...they yell that the entire game we are penn state..

okay, and?

Nike made the jerseys not me. Though the "we're texas" ads may have played a part. Either way, the 'horrible' adjective I used should have been enough of a context clue to show my distaste for the jersey and the phrase. If not, well...

NastySlot
11-22-2009, 09:05 PM
okay, and?

Nike made the jerseys not me. Though the "we're texas" ads may have played a part. Either way, the 'horrible' adjective I used should have been enough of a context clue to show my distaste for the jersey and the phrase. If not, well...

oh i just thought from reading most of the post on this site everything dealing with east coast schools and conferences.. was weak and cheesy.....i get it.

lots of bashing goes on ...on this site..

TheDOCTORdre
11-22-2009, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster

and thats why I posted my post earlier:D

navscanmaster
11-22-2009, 09:08 PM

It's an Aggie tradition. You are right though, I will leave it up to the 80,000 A&M fans to yell it Thursday on national TV. Nothing else to say on this thread anyhow.

slpybear the bullfan
11-22-2009, 09:11 PM
yeah...im an aggie but i got it...i was being a smart @$$.

So were the people in Texas who came up with it. And IT IS genius.

NastySlot
11-22-2009, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
So were the people in Texas who came up with it. And IT IS genius.

came up with what....we are texas?.....or it only takes 11....easy games...................texas wins the title this year and they will be the greatest team since byu to win it............with a weak schedule......conference title game v. Nebraska.....good one.

TheDOCTORdre
11-22-2009, 09:17 PM

it only takes 11?..............what 11 easy games to get you a chance to play in the bcs title?

if that was the case wouldnt ya'll be playing for a NC? Ya'll strength of schedule is weak and ya'll rent playing for jack

NastySlot
11-22-2009, 09:21 PM
if that was the case wouldnt ya'll be playing for a NC? Ya'll strength of schedule is weak and ya'll rent playing for jack

we'll yeah your right...but the more i think about it...then almost everyone in the big xii.....could make that claim....but finally texas is going to walk into the title game....finally.....the do least with the most team is getting it done.

navscanmaster
11-22-2009, 09:28 PM
came up with what....we are texas?.....or it only takes 11....easy games...................texas wins the title this year and they will be the greatest team since byu to win it............with a weak schedule......conference title game v. Nebraska.....good one.

Ahh, what the heck. I am still saying that Texas deserves to be in the title game. That is of course assuming they beat Texas A&M first, then beat Nebraska. The Aggies are hot and cold:

TTU 66, KU 12
KU 62, TAMU 14
TAMU 52, TTU 30
OU 65, TAMU 10
TTU 41, OU 13

Nebraska is hot right now. No easy walk to the Big 12 championship. But if UT wins both games, they will without a doubt be the favorite to take it all. If they stumble, I will still have TCU (and starting FB Chris Smith from Navasota) to root for!

NastySlot
11-22-2009, 09:31 PM
Ahh, what the heck. I am still saying that Texas deserves to be in the title game. That is of course assuming they beat Texas A&M first, then beat Nebraska. The Aggies are hot and cold:

TTU 66, KU 12
KU 62, TAMU 14
TAMU 52, TTU 30
OU 65, TAMU 10
TTU 41, OU 13

Nebraska is hot right now. No easy walk to the Big 12 championship. But if UT wins both games, they will without a doubt be the favorite to take it all. If they stumble, I will still have TCU (and starting FB Chris Smith from Navasota) to root for!

i wish 1,2 and 3 would all lose.....tcu jumps up....i saw them play (utah) and they are pretty dang good......I was very impressed with the speed they have....and man will they hit you.

Txbroadcaster
11-22-2009, 09:31 PM
Texas could not help OU, and OSU having the issues they did..both were top 10 team or close to start season.

Texas also could not help Utah dropping them and Arkansas moving this year's game back to 2014.

Lets not pretend Alabama and Florida have been playing juggernauts week in and week out.

In fact in the top 12 of BCS only ONE team has played a top 15 schedule and that is Oregon.

navscanmaster
11-22-2009, 09:35 PM
i wish 1,2 and 3 would all lose.....tcu jumps up....i saw them play (utah) and they are pretty dang good......I was very impressed with the speed they have....and man will they hit you.

If the Horned Frogs get to the title game somehow, I would love to see Chris get a goal line TD. Or maybe a 4th and 20 screen pass to make the Bellville posters have flashbacks!

NastySlot
11-22-2009, 09:35 PM
Texas could not help OU, and OSU having the issues they did..both were top 10 team or close to start season.

Texas also could not help Utah dropping them and Arkansas moving this year's game back to 2014.

Lets not pretend Alabama and Florida have been playing juggernauts week in and week out.

In fact in the top 12 of BCS only ONE team has played a top 15 schedule and that is Oregon.

wow....oregon....if i believed everything i've read on this board...i would argue...a lot of posters say the PAC 10 is a weak conference......thanks for the info......

by the way don't you coach?....wasn't that you that posted a few weeks ago...you were about to coach in your first playoff...game? how did it go....congrats.

Txbroadcaster
11-22-2009, 09:37 PM
wow....oregon....if i believed everything i've read on this board...i would argue...a lot of posters say the PAC 10 is a weak conference......thanks for the info......

by the way don't you coach?....wasn't that you that posted a few weeks ago...you were about to coach in your first playoff...game? how did it go....congrats.

It went bad lol..but we knew it would..we were 3-7 going into play-offs..but it was 15-14 late in the 1st half before everything collapsed on us.

slpybear the bullfan
11-22-2009, 09:38 PM

Well, since you don't get it, :rolleyes: , "It only takes eleven." Its a shot at the whole 12th man thing that A&M throws around. Its unusual in that typically we just yell "Hook 'em" or "Texas Fight" or hold up the Hook 'em Horns sign, or wear Longhorn gear. You know, stuff that shows pride in our school.

You know, like you guys use a bunch of UT-Obsessive props to fire ya'll up like "t.u.", "saw-em-off", hold your hands in an upside down hook'em horns... wear the upside down horns gear. You know, nothing original about your own campus, just stuff you yell about your Rival.

And yeah, before you say it, I GET YOUR TRADITIONS. I have several close friends who went to A&M. I hear all about how much you guys hate UT. And wonder why you can't just get over it and worry about getting back on top.

[disclaimer: I generalize too much about Aggies. Lots of you guys are very cool and GET IT. Now, back to smack talk.]

Mojado
11-22-2009, 09:41 PM
wow....oregon....if i believed everything i've read on this board...i would argue...a lot of posters say the PAC 10 is a weak conference....

OMG... let's not start the conference thing again... Pac 10 does suck.... but really...

Bowls are about money and the Champ game is decided basically by computers... I would love to see 8 of the top 10 teams lose this week and conf champ week... That would put Boise vs TCU in the dance (what a great game that would be)... But even then we probably see a 1loss team vs a 2loss team... either way we're screwed

TheDOCTORdre
11-22-2009, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by Mojado
OMG... let's not start the conference thing again... Pac 10 does suck.... but really...

yeah they do if it wasnt for the pac 10, then the SEC would be the weakest conference in the land:D

NastySlot
11-22-2009, 09:48 PM
Well, since you don't get it, :rolleyes: , "It only takes eleven." Its a shot at the whole 12th man thing that A&M throws around. Its unusual in that typically we just yell "Hook 'em" or "Texas Fight" or hold up the Hook 'em Horns sign, or wear Longhorn gear. You know, stuff that shows pride in our school.

You know, like you guys use a bunch of UT-Obsessive props to fire ya'll up like "t.u.", "saw-em-off", hold your hands in an upside down hook'em horns... wear the upside down horns gear. You know, nothing original about your own campus, just stuff you yell about your Rival.

And yeah, before you say it, I GET YOUR TRADITIONS. I have several close friends who went to A&M. I hear all about how much you guys hate UT. And wonder why you can't just get over it and worry about getting back on top.

[disclaimer: I generalize too much about Aggies. Lots of you guys are very cool and GET IT. Now, back to smack talk.]

wow....i don't get it? cause is texas does it....they must have done it first so it must be the best......sorta like a hex rally....and the poor horns always in the right...they don't care too much about trademarks and etc...or the saw em off horns wouldn't have changed on all those stickers and t-shirts...nah...had to be somebody else complaining about that...cause we don't rate..right...i'll give credit where credit is due.....pretty smart how 13-0 became the bevo...pretty good...but you know with alum..like you "the university" has so much to be proud of......traditions....you all have good....one's.....don't get me wrong....i respect the horns....you guys are like the ny yankees how could anyone not like the horns...big budgets all the talent and all those titles.......just like the yankees.

hey by the way...this is the only time i will talk smack...win or lose ...i will wear my aggie ring everyday for as long as i live........and if i lose as has been so many times (from family members that are texas grads)....i will take my punishment.

Mojado
11-22-2009, 09:50 PM
yeah they do if it wasnt for the pac 10, then the SEC would be the weakest conference in the land:D

I knew you'd stick nose in hear sooner or later...:crazy:

navscanmaster
11-22-2009, 09:51 PM
Well, since you don't get it, :rolleyes: , "It only takes eleven." Its a shot at the whole 12th man thing that A&M throws around.

That is the only thing that I would say we don't "throw around." It is probably A&M's biggest tradition, silly little jabs like t.u. and saw em off are overblown t-shirt and window sticker fodder. I would burn all of those items for a chance to see the Aggies in the Big 12 championship game again. But right now, the focus is on trying to end the regular season on a high note for the next year. Also, securing a better quality bowl opponent would be an added bonus with a win. I know it pales in comparison to what the game means for UT, but A&M needs to get another signature win to make this season worth the ups and downs. It would make the offseason a lot more interesting and hopeful.

GO 12th MAN!!!

TheDOCTORdre
11-22-2009, 09:54 PM
I knew you'd stick nose in hear sooner or later...:crazy:

someone has to keep you in line:D

TheDOCTORdre
11-22-2009, 09:55 PM

GO 12th MAN!!!

you might wanna bring in all the way up to the 112th man to keep it close:D

NastySlot
11-22-2009, 09:58 PM
you might wanna bring in all the way up to the 112th man to keep it close:D

like anyone has kept it close?.......i think ou did..not too sure.

NastySlot
11-22-2009, 10:05 PM
ok...time out for me.....don't bash me too hard.....I gotta go get my daughter from the movies.

just remember.....my smack talk is all in good rivalry mode. ....just doing my part to hate UT...the one week out of the year I do...............I love A&M....c.o 93...........but i grew up in house of horns and i really respect the product they put out in all athletics.........just not this week

TheDOCTORdre
11-22-2009, 10:12 PM
ok...time out for me.....don't bash me too hard.....I gotta go get my daughter from the movies.

just remember.....my smack talk is all in good rivalry mode. ....just doing my part to hate UT...the one week out of the year I do...............I love A&M....c.o 93...........but i grew up in house of horns and i really respect the product they put out in all athletics.........just not this week

i know you said time our for you but while this is fresh on my mind, what is the proper medical terminology for you going brain dead one week out of the year:D

slpybear the bullfan
11-22-2009, 10:14 PM
...i will wear my aggie ring everyday for as long as i live........

I like to hear that! That shows pride. (I just chuckle at the UT obsession that some Aggies have. We have a few UT fans that do the same as well).

Now, lets have a good week and a good game. Lord knows I probably won't get one out of the Cowboys on Thursday! :rolleyes: :D

slpybear the bullfan
11-22-2009, 10:17 PM
That is the only thing that I would say we don't "throw around." It is probably A&M's biggest tradition, silly little jabs like t.u. and saw em off are overblown t-shirt and window sticker fodder. I would burn all of those items for a chance to see the Aggies in the Big 12 championship game again. But right now, the focus is on trying to end the regular season on a high note for the next year. Also, securing a better quality bowl opponent would be an added bonus with a win. I know it pales in comparison to what the game means for UT, but A&M needs to get another signature win to make this season worth the ups and downs. It would make the offseason a lot more interesting and hopeful.

GO 12th MAN!!!

Serious question for ya... What do you think Sherman's future is for 2010? And would a win against Texas guarantee he is back?

sinton66
11-22-2009, 10:17 PM
someone has to keep you in line:D

Dre.....you hear through your nose?????:D

navscanmaster
11-22-2009, 11:03 PM
Serious question for ya... What do you think Sherman's future is for 2010? And would a win against Texas guarantee he is back?

Texas A&M can't afford to hire another head coach. Sherman is here for a while. As for 2010, I have said it before: The Aggies need some young blood in those coveted "coordinator" and "assistant head coach" and "vice president of passing operations" or whatever they are calling the assistant coaching positions these days. Look at what Will Muschamp has done for Texas. The guy is young enough to relate to the players as they are today. He has a lot of energy and motivational skills. When you look at A&M's sideline, you see a lot of dinosaurs that sometimes don't even look like they have a dog in the fight. All due respect to those guys, they have loads of experience and success in their careers, but the game of football and the type of athlete have changed since they were successful. Sherman's offensive system can work just fine, as is evidenced by all the big yards put up with such young players. The QB Johnson is a junior, and the best two receivers are sophomores, with the playmakers behind them being true freshmen! Even the two best RBs are a sophomore and a true freshman. The Aggies big problem is defense. Consistency is killing them, and a good coach that can relate and motivate better can fix that issue. Texas, for instance, has always had a decent defense, but since WM joined the staff, they have been absolutely lights out. They may have a goofy moment when a play slips by them every now and then, but 4 out of 5 runs against them won't gain more than a yard of two. They also are well coached enough that they don't hang their heads or pout when they get penalized or beat deep. They just regroup and come back on the next play and stuff the ball back down the offense's throat.
Remember, A&M used to be known for their defense, in the 80's and 90's. But that was in an era when the west coast offense was in its infancy, spreads were limited to small, unsuccessful programs, the veer was a staple of any major program, and tight ends and fullbacks were important positions. The Aggies need a defensive coordinator who has fire and aggressiveness, a knowledge of today's complex offenses and blocking schemes, and most importantly, above all else, the boosters and alumni need to stay the hell out of the decision. I think everybody but them is sick of the "old chum" and "we owe him one" hires that have been the norm in Aggie football for so long.

statewide
11-22-2009, 11:52 PM
UT is focused on the Big 12 championship game, the Ag's will upset them again and end their hopes for a national championship.

Gig em.

SintonFan
11-23-2009, 12:48 AM
What are thoughts on this game BBDE?

slpybear the bullfan
11-23-2009, 12:50 AM
Texas A&M can't afford to hire another head coach. Sherman is here for a while. As for 2010, I have said it before: The Aggies need some young blood in those coveted "coordinator" and "assistant head coach" and "vice president of passing operations" or whatever they are calling the assistant coaching positions these days. Look at what Will Muschamp has done for Texas. The guy is young enough to relate to the players as they are today. He has a lot of energy and motivational skills. When you look at A&M's sideline, you see a lot of dinosaurs that sometimes don't even look like they have a dog in the fight. All due respect to those guys, they have loads of experience and success in their careers, but the game of football and the type of athlete have changed since they were successful. Sherman's offensive system can work just fine, as is evidenced by all the big yards put up with such young players. The QB Johnson is a junior, and the best two receivers are sophomores, with the playmakers behind them being true freshmen! Even the two best RBs are a sophomore and a true freshman. The Aggies big problem is defense. Consistency is killing them, and a good coach that can relate and motivate better can fix that issue. Texas, for instance, has always had a decent defense, but since WM joined the staff, they have been absolutely lights out. They may have a goofy moment when a play slips by them every now and then, but 4 out of 5 runs against them won't gain more than a yard of two. They also are well coached enough that they don't hang their heads or pout when they get penalized or beat deep. They just regroup and come back on the next play and stuff the ball back down the offense's throat.
Remember, A&M used to be known for their defense, in the 80's and 90's. But that was in an era when the west coast offense was in its infancy, spreads were limited to small, unsuccessful programs, the veer was a staple of any major program, and tight ends and fullbacks were important positions. The Aggies need a defensive coordinator who has fire and aggressiveness, a knowledge of today's complex offenses and blocking schemes, and most importantly, above all else, the boosters and alumni need to stay the hell out of the decision. I think everybody but them is sick of the "old chum" and "we owe him one" hires that have been the norm in Aggie football for so long.

Very good take on it. Agree on Muschamp on what he has meant... and can see how that kind of impact would make A&M a very tough team.

Is there any real talk of turnover in the staff this offseason?

Mojado
11-23-2009, 10:33 AM
Dre.....you hear through your nose?????:D

And he talks through his A$$$$$!!!!! :D

jason
11-23-2009, 10:52 AM
texas will roll...

the a&m '12th man' is the most over-rated thing in college sports, and the home field advantage is nothing now like it used to be....

only reason the stadium will be full is because of the texas fans that make the trip.....

48-10

just curious, would aggie fans rather see a&m go 5-7 on the year, miss a bowl game, and beat texas OR go 6-6, make a bowl game, but get the crap kicked out of them by texas?

TheDOCTORdre
11-23-2009, 11:21 AM
And he talks through his A$$$$$!!!!! :D

thats just because my @$$ is smart enough to have a conversation with you. There's no use wasting my breath on you:D

NastySlot
11-23-2009, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by jason
texas will roll...

the a&m '12th man' is the most over-rated thing in college sports, and the home field advantage is nothing now like it used to be....

just curious, would aggie fans rather see a&m go 5-7 on the year, miss a bowl game, and beat texas OR go 6-6, make a bowl game, but get the crap kicked out of them by texas?

ok im going to guess you only read about college football in the papers or watch it on tv.....over-rated.....there are a lot things more over-rated..get out and go watch a game.

no matter what i would want to see the aggies beat the horns in any sport....i don't understand your math...i think a&m has six wins already.

oh yeah i'd like to see texas lose and tcu jump up for a chance to play in the title game........tcu is all around damn good....and i don't think they've gotten good with top recruiting classes and the biggest budget in college football....gotta appreciate that.

TheDOCTORdre
11-23-2009, 12:01 PM

no matter what i would want to see the aggies beat the horns in any sport....i don't understand your math...i think a&m has six wins already.

they do Jason was just asking a hypothetical question to see where the a&m fans stand.

NastySlot
11-23-2009, 12:05 PM
they do Jason was just asking a hypothetical question to see where the a&m fans stand.

yeah im slow...i got it the third time i read it sorry -jason......i want the aggies to win all the time.

i see bowl games for what they're for extra weeks to practice and a reward to the players....but i am tired of the ag's losing them.

bandera7
11-23-2009, 12:43 PM
I wanna win as many games as possible. and as we showed last year, we dont need the football win for the lone star cup...:)

pancho villa
11-23-2009, 12:47 PM
Are they playing at UT or Kyle stadium?

NastySlot
11-23-2009, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by pancho villa
Are they playing at UT or Kyle stadium?

at the stadium.

Mojado
11-23-2009, 02:26 PM
thats just because my @$$ is smart enough to have a conversation with you. There's no use wasting my breath on you:D

ouch!!! :clap:

Phil C
11-23-2009, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by bandera7
I wanna win as many games as possible. and as we showed last year, we dont need the football win for the lone star cup...:)

That is a good point but if I have a choice between a football win and a lone star cup loss (or tie) or a lone star cup win with a football loss I will take the football win every time. But that is only if I had to choose between one or the other. :)

Macarthur
11-23-2009, 03:51 PM
I also agree that this is a very dangerous game for Texas.

The Aggies are young and very unpredictable. They have tons of skill position talent so they can play with Texas given the right circumstances.

I have also been a bit skeptical this year of Texas' offense. While Colt has been good and Shipley has been huge, they have struggled at times. I know if you just look at their point totals, it would lead you to believe they are rolling over people, but I just don't think their offense has been as good. It almost sounds crazy because his numbers were rediculous last year to say he's just having an 'okay' year this year.

It's hard to put my finger on, but my eyeball just tells me that their not as good. The thing that has worked in their favor is that the Big 12 has been really down this year.

Call me crazy, but I just don't think they are on the same level of Florida & Alabama. And I was at the TCU v Utah game; I'm telling you, I think TCU has a heck of a chance beating Texas on a neutral field.

All that said, I think Texas pulls away late something like 42-28.

Txbroadcaster
11-23-2009, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by Macarthur

Call me crazy, but I just don't think they are on the same level of Florida & Alabama. And I was at the TCU v Utah game; I'm telling you, I think TCU has a heck of a chance beating Texas on a neutral field.

If Alabama or Florida had great offenses, or Texas was down in D this year I would agree with you 100%..BUT since both Alabama and Fla are just as offensively challenged and Texas does have a top flight D I think what we are seeing this year is a Texas team that is playing more SEC style football with their D.

87 TIGER
11-24-2009, 12:40 PM
ok im going to guess you only read about college football in the papers or watch it on tv.....over-rated.....there are a lot things more over-rated..get out and go watch a game.

oh yeah i'd like to see texas lose and tcu jump up for a chance to play in the title game........tcu is all around damn good....and i don't think they've gotten good with top recruiting classes and the biggest budget in college football....gotta appreciate that. a&m has a pretty big budget, so what does that say about your aggies? IMO Texas is all around damn good.

NastySlot
11-24-2009, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by 87 TIGER
a&m has a pretty big budget, so what does that say about your aggies? IMO Texas is all around damn good.

wrong....not as big as texas....going through budget cuts across the board in athletics......they need to do a better job of marketing....get those t-shirt into walmart and grocery stores.

you are right texas is good.....like i've said they will win the nc....they have the easy road....weak non-conference schedule, weak division, weak conference title game and almost two weeks to get ready for the title.

hey it's luck of the draw...and they should use it.

oh yeah i should add...they are very talented....those top recruiting classes are doing what they should do.

tigerfan09
11-24-2009, 12:59 PM
UT 35
A&M 10

NastySlot
11-24-2009, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by tigerfan09
UT 35
A&M 10

thats a pretty low score for the horns they scored 49 last year and this year they re a lot better.

OldBison75
11-24-2009, 01:09 PM
You can play this game out in this board any way you want, but there are some things that really are stupid to argue about.

1. The Aggie 12th Man tradition is one of the greatest traditions in College Football. Ther is no other program that has embraced such tradition as the Aggies. Even having a walkon player from the student body play on the special teams during the Sherill years. And, no matter what you believe, the stadium will be full every week--no matter the opponent or record---and they will be loud and they will be singing that song that Texas hates.

2. This is a game that never plays out like the polls and experts feel it should. The game is almost always a battle to the end , even if the score does not indicate it. The Aggies will not lay down for the Longhorns any year.

3. These two schools may rag on each other all the time and there may be some true hate among the fans and teams, but there is a true respect for each other. If you will remember, when the bonfire tragedy happened, Texas was one of the first universities to step forward to give honor to those lost in that tragedy.

4. The Aggies are in an athletic budget crunch right now. There is a matter of a huge loan by the university to the athletic programs that has to be paid back and it has resulted in some cuts in staff and other parts of the programs. Contact buyouts and stadium improvements have contributed to these shortfalls.

5. No matter what happens this year, the Aggies have one of the youngest and most explosive teams in the Big 12 south this year and it is only the inconsistency that come with youth that has kept them from being a force. As this group mature into juniors and seniors, the potiential for greatness is there. The future is brighter than most want to admit.

6. TEXAS A & M will retun to the upper levels of College Football soon and when they do---the taste of crow will be very bitter for many who are now quick to insult them.

THIS FROM A POSTER THAT IS NOT AN AGGIE FAN AND HAS TO LEARN TO NOT HATE THEM BECAUSE HIS YOUNGEST CHILD HAS JUST BEEN ACCEPTED FOR ADMISSION TO TAMU NEXT YEAR.

HOOK'EM HORNS FOR THIS YEAR and I'll have to think about next year and whether I can say that again for a few years.

NastySlot
11-24-2009, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by OldBison75
You can play this game out in this board any way you want, but there are some things that really are stupid to argue about.

1. The Aggie 12th Man tradition is one of the greatest traditions in College Football. Ther is no other program that has embraced such tradition as the Aggies. Even having a walkon player from the student body play on the special teams during the Sherill years. And, no matter what you believe, the stadium will be full every week--no matter the opponent or record---and they will be loud and they will be singing that song that Texas hates.

2. This is a game that never plays out like the polls and experts feel it should. The game is almost always a battle to the end , even if the score does not indicate it. The Aggies will not lay down for the Longhorns any year.

3. These two schools may rag on each other all the time and there may be some true hate among the fans and teams, but there is a true respect for each other. If you will remember, when the bonfire tragedy happened, Texas was one of the first universities to step forward to give honor to those lost in that tragedy.

4. The Aggies are in an athletic budget crunch right now. There is a matter of a huge loan by the university to the athletic programs that has to be paid back and it has resulted in some cuts in staff and other parts of the programs. Contact buyouts and stadium improvements have contributed to these shortfalls.

5. No matter what happens this year, the Aggies have one of the youngest and most explosive teams in the Big 12 south this year and it is only the inconsistency that come with youth that has kept them from being a force. As this group mature into juniors and seniors, the potiential for greatness is there. The future is brighter than most want to admit.

6. TEXAS A & M will retun to the upper levels of College Football soon and when they do---the taste of crow will be very bitter for many who are now quick to insult them.

THIS FROM A POSTER THAT IS NOT AN AGGIE FAN AND HAS TO LEARN TO NOT HATE THEM BECAUSE HIS YOUNGEST CHILD HAS JUST BEEN ACCEPTED FOR ADMISSION TO TAMU NEXT YEAR.

HOOK'EM HORNS FOR THIS YEAR and I'll have to think about next year and whether I can say that again for a few years.

Congrats to your youngest....from an aggie c/o 93....my son will graduate in the spring...and my daughter maybe two years away....but their are some ifs for her...going to lsu after the game thursday for both the lsu/ark game and to check out the campus for her......my fingers are crossed for her and A&M.

statewide
11-24-2009, 09:31 PM
I will be at the game. We will probably get killed which means the #3 team in the Nation can beat our freshmen. A&M is coming back and coming back strong, the next few years are going to be fun. By the way last time the high ranked orange came into kyle field two years ago it didn't go so good for them. Never underestimate the determination and desire of the fighting Texas Aggies to beat Texas University.

gobbler grad
11-24-2009, 09:44 PM
McCoy/Shipley...way to much for the Aggies

will hollar though, if the Aggies are able to put points on the board...

Txbroadcaster
11-24-2009, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by statewide
. By the way last time the high ranked orange came into kyle field two years ago it didn't go so good for them. Never underestimate the determination and desire of the fighting Texas Aggies to beat Texas University.

Texas was ranked in 07..but not real high..They were 14th coming into the game and had been as low as 22nd 4 weeks earlier

TheDOCTORdre
11-24-2009, 09:59 PM
Never underestimate the determination and desire of the fighting Texas Aggies to beat Texas University.

Wouldn't dream of under estimating A&M going in against Texas University, whenever the hell that game is played, however, if I were the Aggies, I would be focused on the game against The University of Texas, this Thursday, rather than a game against a school that doesnt exist.

bwdaggie
11-24-2009, 10:06 PM
... BECAUSE HIS YOUNGEST CHILD HAS JUST BEEN ACCEPTED FOR ADMISSION TO TAMU NEXT YEAR.

GIG 'EM AGS!!! (my daughter has been accepted also...congrats!) :clap:

navscanmaster
11-24-2009, 10:18 PM
Wouldn't dream of under estimating A&M going in against Texas University, whenever the hell that game is played, however, if I were the Aggies, I would be focused on the game against The University of Texas, this Thursday, rather than a game against a school that doesnt exist.

Butt hurt? At least he spelled it out and capitalized it. It is really not that big of a deal. :taunt:

Oh yeah, and you are here in case it gets closed.:D

TheDOCTORdre
11-24-2009, 10:21 PM
Butt hurt? At least he spelled it out and capitalized it. It is really not that big of a deal. :taunt:

Oh yeah, and you are here in case it gets closed.:D
I forgot to add my :D to show that I made my post in good fun, it really doesnt offend me I just like to throw stir it up some more

skins4life
11-24-2009, 10:23 PM

Oh Man, I know what you mean!!:( :(

My money went to TTech for 3 years with my oldest and now will go there for the next 5 with my youngest! :) :) I always root for my money out loud when they each other (and in my heart I root for the 'HORNS). Any other game I root for the HORNS. It's hard not to when I went to school in the '70's with the sixth fastest human in the world( Johnny "Lam" Jones) who went to school there and then went to the pro's. Congrats on the admission and good luck with the "Rooting" dilemma. ;) ;)

HEMOTOXIC
11-24-2009, 10:51 PM
I would love for the Horns to win out and whip up on LSU/Alabama in the National Championship game.

On paper, video, etc, the Longhorns are by far the better team. However, the Longhorns, IMO, have been the better team for some years now. BUT, that has't stopped the Aggies fom pulling off the upset and this year isn't any different.

Should be a good one!

NastySlot
11-24-2009, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by bwdaggie
GIG 'EM AGS!!! (my daughter has been accepted also...congrats!) :clap:

congrats to her from an aggie c/o 93

statewide
11-25-2009, 06:49 AM
thats a pretty low score for the horns they scored 49 last year and this year they re a lot better.

What happened the two previous years when they were ranked and lost back to back to the unranked Ag's? Sometimes history repeats itself.......

PhiI C
11-25-2009, 08:15 AM
What happened the two previous years when they were ranked and lost back to back to the unranked Ag's? Sometimes history repeats itself.......

You have to also remember that in 1963 the Horns were ranked No. 1 and the Aggies came in with a losing record and almost pulled off the upset before a last minute drive by Texas won the game 15 - 13. What chance do the Horns have tomorrow? Woe is me. :(

NastySlot
11-25-2009, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by PhiI C
You have to also remember that in 1963 the Horns were ranked No. 1 and the Aggies came in with a losing record and almost pulled off the upset before a last minute drive by Texas won the game 15 - 13. What chance do the Horns have tomorrow? Woe is me. :(

rest easy

LionKing
11-25-2009, 11:45 AM
What happened the two previous years when they were ranked and lost back to back to the unranked Ag's? Sometimes history repeats itself....... very true, but overall history hasn't been to kind to the Aggies.

Blackcat1954
11-25-2009, 11:46 AM
I'm one of those Longhorn fans that wouldn't be caught dead in College Station for any game there
Feel like I'm in a foreign country
Can't stand the Aggies or their fans or Kyle Field.

Went their twice in the 70s-once when Earl Campbell had a big day and once when Marty Atkins was hurt as quarterback and missed the game which Aggies won.

I' don't take Longhorns losing to the Aggies well at all-Watching the game with relatives who are all Longhorns.

I'm serious and intense the whole game- I'll yell and you won't see a smile on my face until Longhorns win is in the bag.

Most of my cousins are not as bad as me but are big longhorn fans

I'm very carefull at work since my boss is a A&M graduate and was in the corp-So we talk little about the game-etc

Sometimes I'm just glad to get the game over with and wait until next year- Tomorrow will be the same

I'll wear my Longhorn gear afterwards out at places win or lose and dare anyone to give me a hard time.

Went to UT=AM game in Austin a few years ago when Texas lost -Got upset but was able to control myself with Aggies running around and celebrating

There are a lot of Aggie Fans around Wharton County where we live- My wive's deceased husband was an Aggie grad but she's a long horn so she cheers with me and buys my gear and stuff.

Emerson1
11-25-2009, 12:30 PM
Colt was out for part of one of those games, and he was just a sophomore for another.

This game is going to come down to if Texas realizes that this has and always will be the only game that matters for a&m. This is the aggies Super Bowl/World Series/Olympics/Wrestlamania/Finals/BCS Championship.

I wonder if a&m will actually sell out Kyle Field for once.

NastySlot
11-25-2009, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Colt was out for part of one of those games, and he was just a sophomore for another.

This game is going to come down to if Texas realizes that this has and always will be the only game that matters for a&m. This is the aggies Super Bowl/World Series/Olympics/Wrestlamania/Finals/BCS Championship.

I wonder if a&m will actually sell out Kyle Field for once.

i'll do my part to help a sell out.. and win or lose I'll still be proud of the university i graduated from..

sinton66
11-26-2009, 09:03 AM
Please keep this thread civil. I've disposed of two threads that didn't already. If yall want to discuss the game, discuss the game and leave all that other crap off this board. If this one gets contaminated and has to be closed, disciplinary measures will be taken. Fair warning.

CHS_CG
11-26-2009, 11:02 AM
All I will say is I get to go to the game for the first time since I have lived in Texas and I am super excited! GIG EM AGGIES!

Eagle 1
11-26-2009, 11:20 AM
Just getting my post in before the thread gets closed.
Come on David, slay Goliath.

Gobbla2001
11-26-2009, 11:48 AM
Damn, Old Bison, that really sucks...

"Wow, honey, I'm so proud of you, but you have to go to junior college somewhere or something because I will not let you go there"

problem solved :D

nah, congrats to you and your daughter...

CueroDad08
11-26-2009, 12:00 PM
I know all the AGGIES and there is alot of em. beleave they have a shot. This is a game that Colt and the WR's have been choppen at the bit to play. The Agges will bring in the 110th rated pass D in the country. Look for Colt to have 400-450 yards and 4-5 TD's

coach
11-26-2009, 12:07 PM
texas going to humilate tamu

eagleqb_14
11-26-2009, 12:40 PM
is Texas going to have alternate jerseys. i heard a rumor of all orange???:thinking:

DDBooger
11-26-2009, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by eagleqb_14
is Texas going to have alternate jerseys. i heard a rumor of all orange???:thinking: they're the visitors. They're wearing the new Nike uni's ALL WHITES with numbers on the helmet as well

LE Dad
11-26-2009, 01:13 PM
Gotta love the Horns v Ags:clap: :clap:

mustang04
11-26-2009, 01:39 PM
Please keep this thread civil. I've disposed of two threads that didn't already. If yall want to discuss the game, discuss the game and leave all that other crap off this board. If this one gets contaminated and has to be closed, disciplinary measures will be taken. Fair warning.

On one....I continued to make post after post to make a point....I was trying to show how annoying it is when someone keeps nagging and nagging...basically I was impersonating most aggie fans while making fun of them, was quite fun! :D

I was trying to find that thread a min ago since i didn't check it again last night...figured it was deleted

Diocletian
11-26-2009, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
Gotta love the Horns v Ags:clap: :clap:

Agreed.

One hell of a game right now...

McCoy is playing much better than I expected him to.

TheDOCTORdre
11-26-2009, 08:54 PM
Colt just went VY on A&M

99IHSMustang
11-26-2009, 09:12 PM
A&M is making it a game... :clap:

TheDOCTORdre
11-26-2009, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by 99IHSMustang
A&M is making it a game... :clap:

Looks like it could be a shootout

skins4life
11-26-2009, 09:27 PM
Looks like it could be a shootout

You can say that again!!!

slpybear the bullfan
11-26-2009, 10:03 PM
espn is loving this... what a great game! Texas Fight!!!

skins4life
11-26-2009, 10:11 PM
Yea

TheDOCTORdre
11-26-2009, 10:15 PM
Newton wasnt gonna be denied on that touchdown...they made contact with him at th four an he powered his way in there

skins4life
11-26-2009, 10:15 PM
Yea again!!!!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

skins4life
11-26-2009, 10:16 PM
Man was that a run of determination or what?

slpybear the bullfan
11-26-2009, 10:19 PM
Awesome run!

Bith teams have traded miscues now.... need Texas D to wear down A&M now.

skins4life
11-26-2009, 10:19 PM
OMG, did you just see that hit???

TheDOCTORdre
11-26-2009, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by skins4life
OMG, did you just see that hit???

wow is all i can say

lbjacj
11-26-2009, 10:22 PM
praying for deon beasley

skins4life
11-26-2009, 10:23 PM
It was even worse in real time and sounded like a shotgun went off and I caught it out of the corner of my eye.

WOS87
11-26-2009, 10:23 PM
Oh no! I've known him since he was an infant. His mom has worked with my family for 20 years

lbjacj
11-26-2009, 10:25 PM
They said he is moving at least

skins4life
11-26-2009, 10:27 PM
Prayers from the 'Skins family for Deon, Lord be with this young man during this time, AMEN

slpybear the bullfan
11-26-2009, 10:27 PM
*tips hat to crowd*

very nice to hear the respect.

44INAROW
11-26-2009, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by WOS87
Oh no! I've known him since he was an infant. His mom has worked with my family for 20 years

looks like he already had a cast on his lower arm/wrist. Sure hope he's OK. Wasn't he the QB at WOS in 05?

skins4life
11-26-2009, 10:29 PM
And to coach Sherman Slpy for what he had his team do in taking the knee and praying :2thumbsup :2thumbsup

WOS87
11-26-2009, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
looks like he already had a cast on his lower arm/wrist. Sure hope he's OK. Wasn't he the QB at WOS in 05?

Yep! He was a really good kid and great athlete for WO-S and has an amazing family.

WOS87
11-26-2009, 10:32 PM
And Earl Thomas (ALSO from WO-S) intercepts!! oops

TheDOCTORdre
11-26-2009, 10:33 PM
And Earl Thomas (ALSO from WO-S) scores!!

no he didnt

skins4life
11-26-2009, 10:33 PM
And Earl Thomas (ALSO from WO-S) scores!!

Yes he did.. :D :D

WOS87
11-26-2009, 10:36 PM
Yes he did.. :D :D

In his own way he did! ;)

TheDOCTORdre
11-26-2009, 10:36 PM
theres a huge "blankin" hole in the middle of the Texas defense that i could run through

slpybear the bullfan
11-26-2009, 10:37 PM
Muschamp gonna have to play a spy on Johnson!

slpybear the bullfan
11-26-2009, 10:38 PM
Jerrod J. reminds me of Mcnabb.

skins4life
11-26-2009, 10:38 PM
In his own way he did! ;)

I knew 'zackly what you meant WO87

;)

skins4life
11-26-2009, 10:41 PM
Man that M. Williams for Texas is a big guy.

slpybear the bullfan
11-26-2009, 10:43 PM
need to weather tis storm and then finish it off...

skins4life
11-26-2009, 10:48 PM
need to weather tis storm and then finish it off...

Gotta play 15 more min. all out, score at least 10 more points and like you said put a spy on # 1. :mad:

slpybear the bullfan
11-26-2009, 10:48 PM
And by weather I mean the secondary better remember their names, their age, where they are, etc. :rolleyes:

TheDOCTORdre
11-26-2009, 10:50 PM
so im gonna go ahead and call this one being on ESPN classic pretty soon

TheDOCTORdre
11-26-2009, 10:51 PM
stupid mistake by the Horns

99IHSMustang
11-26-2009, 10:53 PM
wow... This is what a rivarly game is all about.

slpybear the bullfan
11-26-2009, 10:54 PM
Muschamp's gotta get some Schtuff together on D. Lookin lost about half the plays.

12thMan
11-26-2009, 10:55 PM
What's the score, time left?

Third
11-26-2009, 10:55 PM
35-32 UT early in 4th.

lbjacj
11-26-2009, 10:56 PM
Going to the big 12 championship game next week.Will be really bummed out if the Horns lose tonight.

12thMan
11-26-2009, 10:58 PM
Wow, what a game. I'm not able to watch it right now. Keep me posted. Thanks

TheDOCTORdre
11-26-2009, 11:00 PM
TOUCHDOWN TEXAS

slpybear the bullfan
11-26-2009, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by lbjacj
Going to the big 12 championship game next week.Will be really bummed out if the Horns lose tonight.

all the slpybear fam will be there too!

Hook 'em!

skins4life
11-26-2009, 11:02 PM
42 - 32 Texas
12 min. left

slpybear the bullfan
11-26-2009, 11:03 PM
42-32 Horns up

12:04 left in game... Ags to receive KO.

skins4life
11-26-2009, 11:04 PM
all the slpybear fam will be there too!

Hook 'em!

Is it going to be in the new Cowboy stadium?

slpybear the bullfan
11-26-2009, 11:08 PM
Is it going to be in the new Cowboy stadium?

yup! gonna sit a whole bunch of us in the nosebleed sections, but I will get to see the new stadium and cheer on my HORNS.

slpybear the bullfan
11-26-2009, 11:09 PM
Muschamp?

Muschamp?

Guys?

come on...

TheDOCTORdre
11-26-2009, 11:14 PM
Texas needs to score on this drive, and they need to take some time off the clock while they do it

Bull Butter
11-26-2009, 11:14 PM
42-39

12thMan
11-26-2009, 11:15 PM
I knew this was going to be a tuff game for the Horns. What's the situation??

Third
11-26-2009, 11:16 PM
UT by 3 with 7 min left. KO upcoming. Basically Jerrod Johnson is playing lights out. Christine Michael ate up UT on the previous drive but went out with cramps.

Third
11-26-2009, 11:17 PM
UT TD!! Goodwin returns KO for score.

slpybear the bullfan
Texas needs to score on this drive, and they need to take some time off the clock while they do it

Well, we got half of that right. ;)

WOW!!!

49 - 39 Horns with 6:57 left

TheDOCTORdre
Texas runs the kickoff back to go up by 10 again

jason
11-26-2009, 11:19 PM
that kid is fast

Third
11-26-2009, 11:19 PM
Ignoring the fact that UT is not killing A&M as I would like, this is a really entertaining football game. Insane plays and effort from both teams.

slpybear the bullfan
11-26-2009, 11:21 PM
idiot!!! what an idiot!!!

TheDOCTORdre
11-26-2009, 11:21 PM

+1

Third
11-26-2009, 11:22 PM
Complete bonehead play.

slpybear the bullfan
11-26-2009, 11:22 PM
Horns KO and Punt coverage played terrible tonight.

skins4life
11-26-2009, 11:23 PM

+2

Third
11-26-2009, 11:23 PM

And the fact that the defense apparently stayed in Austin.

skins4life
11-26-2009, 11:24 PM

Yes they have!!:mad:

mustang04
11-26-2009, 11:24 PM
1073 yards so far tonight:eek:

TheDOCTORdre
11-26-2009, 11:27 PM
wow what happened on that play?

slpybear the bullfan
11-26-2009, 11:27 PM
Muschamp and his gang are getting embarassed tonight.

skins4life
11-26-2009, 11:30 PM
wow what happened on that play?

Do you mean the one where the AM OL went to sleep?

TheDOCTORdre
11-26-2009, 11:31 PM
Do you mean the one where the AM OL went to sleep?

yeah lol

Third
HUGE missed FG! WOW!

skins4life
Muschamp and his gang are getting embarassed tonight.

They're not acting like the best 3rd down defensive team in the nation, are they?

slpybear the bullfan
11-26-2009, 11:34 PM
Deion Beasley reported as okay. Glad to hear it for that young man.

Third
Really liking the way Newton has been running tonight.

TheDOCTORdre
Originally posted by Third
Really liking the way Newton has been running tonight.

yeah it seems like he turned it on after he got jacked in the head doesnt it?

Third
11-26-2009, 11:36 PM
yeah it seems like he turned it on after he got jacked in the head doesnt it?

Yeah, woke him up or something.

skins4life
11-26-2009, 11:39 PM
Man, I'm glad I picked Texas in a "Thriller".
:) :) :)

lbjacj
11-26-2009, 11:39 PM
They're going to have to work a little on def.before next sat.:confused:

CHS_CG
11-26-2009, 11:42 PM
Great game! Ags make the Horns work for it, but in the end I must say congrats Texas!

Third
11-26-2009, 11:42 PM
As if A&M winning two of the last three wasn't enough, I think this game has officially proved that this rivalry is very much alive and well.

skins4life
11-26-2009, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by lbjacj
They're going to have to work a little on def.before next sat.:confused:

Yes they are!!

slpy,
Take an extra "HORNS towel and root extra hard for this 'Skins fan who won't be able to be there!!:) :)

TheDOCTORdre
11-26-2009, 11:45 PM
one hell of a performance by Jerrod Johnson...major props

Third
11-26-2009, 11:46 PM

Yeah, it's also scary thinking just how young A&M is all over the field. If they find some more playmakers on defense look out!

slpybear the bullfan
11-26-2009, 11:46 PM
What a super game! I would have loved a big Texas blowout on A&M... but you can't complain about an exciting game like that.

McCoy played absolutely lights out. Made a huge statement about his heisman bid.

Jerrod J. is sooooo fun to watch. Gonna be fun watching him again next year.

A&M played super... best game of the year I would suppose. Kyle was rocking and they really made it difficult.

Texas D never really dominated like I thought they would. I am sue they wll work on that, but also give tons of credit to the Ags.

Bottom line, Huge W to cap off an undefeated season. Huge W to make McCoy's case for Heisman even bigger than it was before.

Great game... will definitley be a "Classic". Great end to Turkey day.

skins4life
11-26-2009, 11:48 PM

You are correct there, dre. That young man WILL be playing on Sunday's for sure!!

PhiI C
11-27-2009, 12:15 AM
Great important win for the Horns but the Aggies and their QB sure fought well. Congratulations to the Horns for winning and also to A&M and BBDE for a well played game.

pirate4state
11-27-2009, 12:21 AM
What a super game! I would have loved a big Texas blowout on A&M... but you can't complain about an exciting game like that.

McCoy played absolutely lights out. Made a huge statement about his heisman bid.

Jerrod J. is sooooo fun to watch. Gonna be fun watching him again next year.

A&M played super... best game of the year I would suppose. Kyle was rocking and they really made it difficult.

Texas D never really dominated like I thought they would. I am sue they wll work on that, but also give tons of credit to the Ags.

Bottom line, Huge W to cap off an undefeated season. Huge W to make McCoy's case for Heisman even bigger than it was before.

Great game... will definitley be a "Classic". Great end to Turkey day.

Agreed.

Saw BBDE on tv a couple of times. :D Great game by the Aggies.

TheDOCTORdre
11-27-2009, 12:27 AM
did we really make it through the game without this thread getting closed :D

eagleqb_14
11-27-2009, 12:28 AM
The eyes of Texas are upon you!

Spread It Out
11-27-2009, 01:26 AM
I never was on the Colt McCoy for Heisman bandwagon but after this game I honestly think he deserves it. It seemed like the Aggies were in reaching distance of taking the game over but would make a mistake to blow it away. Two dropped interceptions, missed tackle that would've been a safety, kickoff return for a TD, missed FG at the end, etc. Some of these miscues can be attributed to the play of Texas but if the Aggies would've been able to execute a couple or even one of those plays it would've been a completely different game. I'm still proud of the Ags especially Jerrod Johnson, Christine Michael, and Fuller. Hats off to aTm!!:clap:

NastySlot
11-27-2009, 02:32 AM
Originally posted by eagleqb_14
The eyes of Texas are upon you!

good one is that a texas tradition?....or one borrowed.....cause it originally came from the eyes of virginia are upon you....look that up.

NastySlot
11-27-2009, 02:39 AM
my early prediction.....texas will crush nebraska...remember...that big xii title game when they crushed colorado......well this one could be worse.

after seeing both texas and tcu play(live) ....i would pay to see them play each other...that would be a game.

bandera7
11-27-2009, 03:00 AM
First of all...why in the world did Cyrus Gray only carry the ball 3 or 4 times? he has been so instrumental to this seasons success...I just dont understand. Maybe there is a reason, but I certainly dont know it.

Secondly, JEFF FULLER. That is all.

Thirdly, the #3 ranked team in the country found a way to win with a very wild crowd behind the Ags. Kyle Field was incredibly loud at some points. This game was alot of fun...and I heard the kickoff hit. I was right there, on the 35, 20 rows up...and I have never heard a live hit louder than that. Classy by the whole stands there...

Only one complaint through the whole game. When Christine Michael was hurt, some worthless UT fans (and I know this is not demonstrative of all of you) started the Texas Fight chant...seriously? We showed nothing but respect while Beasley was down and some of the UT fans made the entire UT crowd look bad.

BTownVBall3
11-27-2009, 08:05 AM
Not saying it's right, but there is quite a difference between and player stretching out and cramp and a player laying motionless on the ground for 10 minutes. . Just an observation.

squid
11-27-2009, 09:18 AM
good one is that a texas tradition?....or one borrowed.....cause it originally came from the eyes of virginia are upon you....look that up.

big deal. Texas borrows traditions, A&M has their own original goofy rituals. So be it.

OldBison75
11-27-2009, 09:46 AM
A message to all those people that have bashed the Aggies and Coach Sherman:

What you saw last night is the future of the Aggies--outstanding young talent that can play with anyone if they are properly focused and motivated. There were many times last night that there were 9 or more underclassmen on the field for the Aggies on any given play. More importantly, there were only a few plays all night that saw the Aggie offense with more than one skill player that was a junior or above. Defensively, there is work still to be done, but there were flashes of brilliance in the secondary last night and steady play from alot of sophmores.

This game may be the biggest confidence builder for the young Ags and turn the corner for the entire team. What better game than going head to head with a top ranked team (possibly National Champion?) and being in position to win late in the fourth quarter. This team learned tonight they can score on any defense if they play well. They also learned that the coaching staff can give them the opportunity to win if they execute the game plan.

Next year the Aggies will compete for the Big 12 South title--MARK IT DOWN. I'm not saying they win it, but they will probably come down to the last week, at Texas, to decide who the champ will be. I predict big things for the Aggies for the next couple of years.

Old Tiger
11-27-2009, 09:52 AM
I figure this is the best place to post this but is it just me or do other think Kenny Vacarro is a hot head and an idiot. I see him every week at on kickoff coverage hitting late and doing stuff that is borderline taunting.

And OldBison I think what we saw last night was the A&M players playing above their potential in the biggest game of their season. If they win that game it would have made their season. With that said Jerrod Johnson played the game of his life and if he can play like that consistently the Ags can be very good.

PhiI C
11-27-2009, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Agreed.

Saw BBDE on tv a couple of times. :D Great game by the Aggies.

What was his number P4S?

Trashman
11-27-2009, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
I figure this is the best place to post this but is it just me or do other think Kenny Vacarro is a hot head and an idiot. I see him every week at on kickoff coverage hitting late and doing stuff that is borderline taunting.

Unfortunately their is no middle ground with that kid. He is either killing the opponents or his own team. :rolleyes: If he ever learns to control himself he has the talent to play at the next level.:thinking:

squid
11-27-2009, 10:09 AM
I do not understand what made him take a leap like that into the sideline. Horns coaches and players were already reaching up to slow the Ag return man down when Vacarro jumped. Sure hope some coach reigns him in.....

LE Dad
11-27-2009, 10:28 AM
That was a great game:clap: :clap: I wish that was the case year in and year out:D A&M being competitive is great for our state. Good job to both teams:thumbsup:

BreckTxLonghorn
11-27-2009, 10:42 AM

Okay, and? (feels like deja vu - bitter much?)

Fun game to watch, helluva game by the Ags. I really think they're going to be GOOD next year - 9 or 10 wins good. Lots of youth, and Johnson has got enough talent around him to be dangerous. I'm very glad we play in Austin next year, because that same team next year in Kyle will be almost impossible to beat.

This game also made me very happy for another specific reason...

In 2005 the #2 ranked Horns came into College Station needing a victory for the BigXII and chance at the National Championship. A young QB for A&M lead a charge where they ripped the vaunted Horns defense for 277 yds rushing, the Horns allowed a season high 29 points, and escaped with an 11 point victory.

In 2009 the #3 ranked Horns came into College Station needing a victory for the BigXII and chance at the National Championship. A young QB for A&M lead a charge where they ripped the vaunted Horns defense for 190 yds rushing, the Horns allowed a season high 39 points, and escaped with an 10 point victory.

There have been a lot of similarities between the 2005 & 2009 season. This just adds to it. Again, great game to the Aggies, and I hope you start off next season with a convincing bowl win this one!

EDIT: I also watched this game with my brother last night, a die-hard Tech alumnus. Midway through the second, he looked at me solemnly and said, "This is the A&M team that came to Lubbock. They are not going to be easy to beat. Hold on." I think that's just about the best compliment aTm can get from a Tech fan!

bandera7
11-27-2009, 11:49 AM
I realize there is a huge difference there but still...there is a level of respect that should be maintained when a player is down.

That kickoff hit was silly...almost comic stupid.

And I cant wait for next year right now, with another offseason and Cyrus, Christine, Fuller and Eazy (Cause there is no way I can spell #7 last name correctly) and our line getting better, it will be a fun year.

sinton66
11-27-2009, 12:46 PM
did we really make it through the game without this thread getting closed :D

Do you think that would have happened if I wasn't watching? Congratulations to both sides for keeping this one civil. Although there were several thread bans, I didn't have to issue any formal warnings. THIS is what SHOULD happen on a Texas/A&M thread.

pirate4state
11-27-2009, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by PhiI C
What was his number P4S? #51

TheDOCTORdre
11-27-2009, 03:31 PM
Do you think that would have happened if I wasn't watching? Congratulations to both sides for keeping this one civil. Although there were several thread bans, I didn't have to issue any formal warnings. THIS is what SHOULD happen on a Texas/A&M thread.

we get threads closed with you watching all the time, dont give yourself too much credit for this one not getting closed:D

NastySlot
11-27-2009, 08:01 PM
Okay, and? (feels like deja vu - bitter much?)

Fun game to watch, helluva game by the Ags. I really think they're going to be GOOD next year - 9 or 10 wins good. Lots of youth, and Johnson has got enough talent around him to be dangerous. I'm very glad we play in Austin next year, because that same team next year in Kyle will be almost impossible to beat.

This game also made me very happy for another specific reason...

In 2005 the #2 ranked Horns came into College Station needing a victory for the BigXII and chance at the National Championship. A young QB for A&M lead a charge where they ripped the vaunted Horns defense for 277 yds rushing, the Horns allowed a season high 29 points, and escaped with an 11 point victory.

In 2009 the #3 ranked Horns came into College Station needing a victory for the BigXII and chance at the National Championship. A young QB for A&M lead a charge where they ripped the vaunted Horns defense for 190 yds rushing, the Horns allowed a season high 39 points, and escaped with an 10 point victory.

There have been a lot of similarities between the 2005 & 2009 season. This just adds to it. Again, great game to the Aggies, and I hope you start off next season with a convincing bowl win this one!

EDIT: I also watched this game with my brother last night, a die-hard Tech alumnus. Midway through the second, he looked at me solemnly and said, "This is the A&M team that came to Lubbock. They are not going to be easy to beat. Hold on." I think that's just about the best compliment aTm can get from a Tech fan!

bitter no.....ticked a little...we had a chance to beat.. a "very good" team and didn't get it done...........the jab at the eyes of texas are upon was directed to those that took jabs all week of aggie traditions..... that was a good compliment...but the best came when you gave the comparison of the the two years ......

I only hate the horns one week a year that week is over....i'd wish you guys luck but you don't need luck...........the road is clear go get a championship.

navscanmaster
11-27-2009, 11:28 PM
Yep, it was an awesome game. Just a few plays made by either team, and this game is either a close A&M victory or a Horns blowout. If UT had made a couple of their usual third down stops, they would have won 56-21 or something like that. Had Stephen Terrell not been a girl and TRIED to tackle Kirkendoll on that 46 yard TD catch and run, you have a punt by Texas. I also think that the missed FG let the wind out of A&M's sails. I think if Sherman had it to do over, he would have run up the middle on 3rd and long to keep from having the chipshot attempt. But the Ags were converting 3rd and longs all night, so he went with the momentum of the offense. I have to say that when they made the score 35-32, I told myself that no matter what happens after that, I will go to bed happy that they came out and played a hell of a game. Remember:

WR's
Fuller - Soph.
Nwachukwu, Swope, Jackson - Fr.
McCoy, T. - Jr.
RB's
Michael - Fr.
Gray - Soph.
QB
Johnson - Jr.

Losing most of the offensive line will be tough, but they have some talented understudies behind them. Also, Prioleau, a redshirt, was the top TE in the state in prep ball last year. He should make an immediate impact, as he is a good blocker also.

On defense, only Matt Moss and Jordan Pugh will graduate. The nation's leader in sacks, Von Miller, will be back, as well as three true freshmen corners, playmaking safety Trent Hunter, and the linebacking corp, lead my RS freshmen Kyle Mangan.

I think we got a good luck at what A&M can do in the second half of the game last night, holding the Texas O to only 14 points. I am glad that they saved their two most complete games for their biggest rivals. Sucks that we had to split them, though.

Good luck to Texas in the Big 12 and BCS championships. Should you slip against Nebraska, please, please, root hard for TCU. We need a Texas team in that game every year.

STANG RED
11-28-2009, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
And OldBison I think what we saw last night was the A&M players playing above their potential in the biggest game of their season. If they win that game it would have made their season. With that said Jerrod Johnson played the game of his life and if he can play like that consistently the Ags can be very good.

I dont think it's possible to "play above your potential". I think its alot more obvious that A&M played below theirs a few times this year though. Better watch out for the Ags next year though, now that they know what their potential actually is now. I think they'll be looking for some revenge against several teams that have beat them down over the last few years. The Ags are back boys!

PhiI C
11-28-2009, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state

Thank you.

XtremeCouture
11-28-2009, 12:46 AM
Losing most of the offensive line will be tough, but they have some talented understudies behind them.
just like BlowU?

aggiejwp
11-28-2009, 01:04 AM
This was probably the best game in the series. Simply put, UT has a solid front four on defense, and A&M has no secondary.