PDA

View Full Version : La Grange v Devine

Pudlugger
11-22-2009, 08:05 AM
Can the War Horses stop the Leopard attack? The Leps have been up against some fast teams in Sweeny and Edna and have managed to contain them so far. How will they do against Devine?

1st and goal
11-22-2009, 09:34 AM
Haven't seen Devine, but I'm rootin' for those Leps!!!

Go Lagrange! Kick some Devine Booty.:D

gameface
11-22-2009, 10:38 AM
LG is on a roll. The mightly Leopards are playing team ball. Despite cool and moist air cramps last night-everyone is healthy. We have the talent, depth, confidence and certainty to fulfill the victory against Devine. PS-how'bout McHazlett's long TD run last night. Reminded me of Smithville kickoff return for TD. Can't get the MC Hammer song out of my head that describes Corbin's speed-"Can't touch this"! Welcome to the jungle War Horses-next week will not be so devine for you. LEPS have gameface on!

Pudlugger
11-22-2009, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by gameface
LG is on a roll. The mightly Leopards are playing team ball. Despite cool and moist air cramps last night-everyone is healthy. We have the talent, depth, confidence and certainty to fulfill the victory against Devine. PS-how'bout McHazlett's long TD run last night. Reminded me of Smithville kickoff return for TD. Can't get the MC Hammer song out of my head that describes Corbin's speed-"Can't touch this"! Welcome to the jungle War Horses-next week will not be so devine for you. LEPS have gameface on!

That young man is as fast as any I've seen this year. He really kicked it into overdrive pulling away from those Edna defenders on that run. Yes the Leps are at the top of their game now. Look out Devine, we're coming.

sinton66
11-22-2009, 10:57 AM
I don't know much about Devine this year, but they beat a pretty scrappy Mathis team. They are usually one of two or three best teams out of that district.

sinton66
11-22-2009, 11:06 AM
Caller-Times has stats from their two playoff games. SA paper may have more if you can find it.

Devine Warhorses Stats (http://prepsports.caller.com/football/boys/teams/20660/2009-2010/)

SHSBulldog00
11-22-2009, 12:27 PM
LG beat us so for this week go Leps!!

jrej
11-22-2009, 12:41 PM
From a pearsall fan, all I know is that Devine has improved alot since their loss to pearsall and I think they are playing the best football they can play right now. Their running game has improved and their defense has improved. They will be tough to beat and I hope the game will be played somewhere in S.A. so that I can go and support Devine anybody know where this game is being played?

Gobbla2001
11-22-2009, 01:01 PM
gimme LG in this one...

warhorsejoe
11-22-2009, 01:02 PM
Devine will be ready for LG.
Your right, Devine has gotten a lot better and have been playing tough now. I like being the underdog again we do better being the underdogs.

We were the underdogs against Hondo and Mathis. We beat Hondo to make the playoffs and then beat Mathis to keep playing in the playoffs.

GO WARHORSES!!!!

99IHSMustang
11-22-2009, 01:07 PM
My Girlfriend went to school at Devine so she and I will be rooting for you guys. GO WAR HORSES!

trojandad
11-22-2009, 01:30 PM
for anyone that knows devine, are they doing it this year with a stud like jones from edna or more with team play and defense? from the stats i'm reading it seems the second one....

Old Green
11-22-2009, 02:39 PM
Anyone know where they Playing?

Old Green
11-22-2009, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by trojandad
for anyone that knows devine, are they doing it this year with a stud like jones from edna or more with team play and defense? from the stats i'm reading it seems the second one.... Cuero played the Warhorse's 3rd game of the year. They are a predominately running team with two 1,000 yard rushers, Sadler and Lopez. They have good speed and power. They also use 2 Qb's at different times during the game. One is a better passer and has a couple of pretty good recievers to go to that can burn you. Defense is good but is a little weak against the pass.

sotex
11-22-2009, 03:08 PM
7:30 pm Friday
Bobcat Stadium
San Marcos

dawg4life
11-22-2009, 03:50 PM
hmm...im taking La Grange. I either think it will be La Grange by 20 or devine by 5. I just dont know which way to go.

trojandad
11-22-2009, 03:59 PM
i think that sealy war is paying dividends for lagrange now....pud gets to celebrate one more week......

Pudlugger
11-22-2009, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by Old Green
Cuero played the Warhorse's 3rd game of the year. They are a predominately running team with two 1,000 yard rushers, Sadler and Lopez. They have good speed and power. They also use 2 Qb's at different times during the game. One is a better passer and has a couple of pretty good recievers to go to that can burn you. Defense is good but is a little weak against the pass.

Do they run out of the power I or slot T formation? If their pass defense is not strong that definitely favors La Grange. The Leps have seen some of the better running backs this season and the D has been pretty successful defending the run. They sound like a Giddings style team with a strong balanced offense.

dawg4life
11-22-2009, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
Do they run out of the power I or slot T formation? If their pass defense is not strong that definitely favors La Grange. The Leps have seen some of the better running backs this season and the D has been pretty successful defending the run. They sound like a Giddings style team with a strong balanced offense.

All slot. Normal slot, Nasty slot, they have a broken bone wing formation. They have a little bit of everything. But u can always count on there being a wing or a slot on most plays.

warhorsejoe
11-22-2009, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by dawg4life
hmm...im taking La Grange. I either think it will be La Grange by 20 or devine by 5. I just dont know which way to go.

Go with the Warhorses by 5.

StangEm
11-22-2009, 08:27 PM
Leps are WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER!!

Pudlugger
11-22-2009, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by dawg4life
All slot. Normal slot, Nasty slot, they have a broken bone wing formation. They have a little bit of everything. But u can always count on there being a wing or a slot on most plays.

OK the Lep D is strong up the middle. Unless they have unusual speed to get around our corners they will have trouble getting their O going.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-22-2009, 09:15 PM
OK the Lep D is strong up the middle. Unless they have unusual speed to get around our corners they will have trouble getting their O going. Their last game they face a 99 percent running team and i believe Devine is alot like Mathis with their misdirection offense. If you havent face that offense it could have you guessing who has the ball. i heard they mixed it pretty good and hard to tell who would get the ball.

footballguru
11-22-2009, 11:53 PM
Football and Thanksgiving Dinner, what else could you ask for? First of all congrats to both the Warhorses and the Leps. Lets pray for a safe trip for the spectators, a glorious day at the stadium and an injury free game for the gladiators in the arena. I hope these young warriors on both sides of the field play to the best of their abilities and we are treated to a great game. I have to go with my leps in this one. I think they have too many weapons on offense and their defense makes plays when it counts.

Pudlugger
11-23-2009, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
Their last game they face a 99 percent running team and i believe Devine is alot like Mathis with their misdirection offense. If you havent face that offense it could have you guessing who has the ball. i heard they mixed it pretty good and hard to tell who would get the ball.

The Leps jv and frosh run the slot t so they are familiar with it. The best running teams they have faced were Lockhart, Yoakum, Giddings, Sealy and Needville. They have not faced a pure slot t team in a game yet but they scrimmaged Liberty Hill and pretty much shut them down. I'm confident the coaches will have them ready for Devine's running game.

Mojado
11-23-2009, 10:39 AM
Leps in a route...20+

Good luck...

36phseal
11-23-2009, 10:59 AM
I JUST HEARD THAT KICKOFF IS AT 5:30 ON FRIDAY? CAN ANYONE CONFIRM?

TRENCHES06
11-23-2009, 11:07 AM
CORRECT

36phseal
11-23-2009, 11:24 AM
Why would they make it a 5:30 start? That's an odd time....especially on a work day.

TRENCHES06
11-23-2009, 11:37 AM
Its the day after Thanksgiving...

playnhurt
11-23-2009, 12:39 PM
Devine runs a lot of mis-direction and does have a little speed. I don't think they can stop the passing game of LG though.

I'm picking the Leps.

36phseal
11-23-2009, 12:40 PM
who is the home team?

IHStangFan
11-23-2009, 12:44 PM
Devine is always scrappy....but I think the Leps are too much for them.

LG 41
Devine 28

gameface
11-23-2009, 02:21 PM
LG is home team this Friday night @ Bobcat Stadium in San Marcos beginning at 5:30pm-confirmation! LG has gameface on!

sotex
11-23-2009, 02:26 PM
I guess the San Antonio Express-News made an error in Sunday's paper. They show a 7:30 start. I apologize for any confusion.

Pudlugger
11-23-2009, 06:27 PM
Who has Devine lost to and who have they beaten this year? How did they do against Cuero? Pearsall was their best district opponent. Who won that game?

dawg4life
11-23-2009, 06:41 PM
They lost to Bandera by about 2 or 3. They beat Hondo barely. I think they lost to cuero by 20 or so. Pearsall beat devine by 4 i think. 14-18 sounds right.

Bt-dub, pearsall was not that districts best team. Bandera was. But Bandera had about 6 starters sidelined with injuries for the pearsall game and only lost by 3.

warhorsejoe
11-23-2009, 07:16 PM
Devine will face the toughest team since Cuero. We had a lot of injuries all year long and just getting everyone back last week.

banderafan
11-23-2009, 07:28 PM
Go Warhorses!!!!!!!!! Last of the district 29-AAA teams still playing.

LH Panther Mom
11-23-2009, 07:55 PM
They have not faced a pure slot t team in a game yet but they scrimmaged Liberty Hill and pretty much shut them down.
:( I hate to say this, but that really doesn't hold much weight this year.

Pudlugger
11-23-2009, 08:35 PM
OK, you should know. Nonetheless, it was a good exercise. The Leps can defend the slot t. They have the defense to stop the run. Unless Devine scores more than 28 they will not win and that is if they can control the clock because the Leps will score on most of their possessions.

Old Green
11-23-2009, 09:08 PM
Who has Devine lost to and who have they beaten this year? How did they do against Cuero? Pearsall was their best district opponent. Who won that game? When Devine played Cuero, it was during a pouring rain the entire game. Cuero won 33-8. Cuero held Devine to 198 yards total offense. Their lone Td was on a long pass play. Niether teams running game could really get on track because of the wet field. Devine's lopez had around 80 yards rushing though.

gameface
11-23-2009, 09:30 PM
2nd that commotion Pud-LG offense loves to pour it on! Defense aggressive, quick and loves to make big plays. Confident, talented and fired up after two excellent victories-earned against two very fine ball clubs. Even with Sir So, So surpassing 3k-right Gobbler Daddio! Gameface on!

Pudlugger
11-23-2009, 09:52 PM
Yeah baby. Leps will roll.:D

44INAROW
11-23-2009, 10:21 PM
I think the Warhorses keep it close for he 1st half but the Leps pull away in the second half.. I say 42-14 Leps on top ;)

teetle
11-24-2009, 09:59 AM
The Leps bes ways too fast for Devine. Theys going to beats them by abouts 3 TD's. Pud know what I bes talking about. He know thoes things. He smart. He beens around the Leps a long time. He know his stuff. I donts knows anything, But he do.:eek: :bigcry: :eek:

Pudlugger
11-24-2009, 01:22 PM
Thanks for the vote of confidence Teetle. Wayne got somethin' for the Warhorses they gonna like it LOL.:bigcry: :wave:

pirate4state
11-24-2009, 02:14 PM
I am 90% sure I will be at this game. :D

I'd love to meet some of our LG/Devine posters. Anyone up for a M&G?

44INAROW
11-24-2009, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state

photo op.. photo op ;)

warhorsejoe
11-24-2009, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I think the Warhorses keep it close for he 1st half but the Leps pull away in the second half.. I say 42-14 Leps on top ;)

And I happen to think that you're WRONG! WAY WAY WRONG!!
.....I hope it's closer then that. :nerd:

Cowboy_Up
11-24-2009, 04:42 PM
La Grange has an exceptional offense. I think Cuero’s is a notch above, but we’re talking about Cuero being a 9 out of 10 and La Grange an 8. They are good. Devine’s problem will be the same Edna faced.
You have to get pressure on the QB. But their O-line is good, so you’ll need to send LBs which means single coverage on the WR. No one can single cover #9 all night, and if you double him you’ll leave someone open and #6 will find him. Set back and you’ll get picked apart. The team that beats La Grange will do it because they can get pressure on the QB without blitzing, and their offense will be able to outscore the laps. The only team I see doing that is Carthage.

Edna was able to run some stunts and confuse the LG offense for a half, but once they got comfortable, we couldn’t stop ‘em and I really don’t think anyone else in Region 4 DII can either.

LG by 20

warhorsejoe
11-24-2009, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by Cowboy_Up
La Grange has an exceptional offense. I think Cuero’s is a notch above, but we’re talking about Cuero being a 9 out of 10 and La Grange an 8. They are good. Devine’s problem will be the same Edna faced.
You have to get pressure on the QB. But their O-line is good, so you’ll need to send LBs which means single coverage on the WR. No one can single cover #9 all night, and if you double him you’ll leave someone open and #6 will find him. Set back and you’ll get picked apart. The team that beats La Grange will do it because they can get pressure on the QB without blitzing, and their offense will be able to outscore the laps. The only team I see doing that is Carthage.

Edna was able to run some stunts and confuse the LG offense for a half, but once they got comfortable, we couldn’t stop ‘em and I really don’t think anyone else in Region 4 DII can either.

LG by 20

I would agree with you if we were playing LG in the first round but this is 3 deep and We will get to the QB. Gotta love being the underdogs. Don't let our record seem like we dont belong here cause that will be LG's mistake.

Cowboy_Up
11-24-2009, 05:02 PM
Warhorse, I have no dog in this hunt. I really don't care who wins.
But we played 'em so I was just calling it like I see it.

As far as the 3 deep comment, yes, your in this round, but you won one game not two. And again just my opinion, had you been in Sweeny's spot, for instance, you'd already be done. If Edna had faced LG in the first round we'd have been done. It's the way UIL does it, but IMO, this will not be La Grange's toughest playoff game so far. If you prove me wrong I'll be the first here to congratulate Devine.

warhorsejoe
11-24-2009, 05:29 PM

As far as the 3 deep comment, yes, your in this round, but you won one game not two. And again just my opinion, had you been in Sweeny's spot, for instance, you'd already be done. If Edna had faced LG in the first round we'd have been done. It's the way UIL does it, but IMO, this will not be La Grange's toughest playoff game so far. If you prove me wrong I'll be the first here to congratulate Devine.

and if LG would be in Sealy spot then we wouldn't be having this game. whats your point all teams have to go through week by week and get pass to the next round. This week we have LG and hope to play next week against another fine tough 3A team.:mad: :confused:

44INAROW
11-24-2009, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by warhorsejoe
And I happen to think that you're WRONG! WAY WAY WRONG!!
.....I hope it's closer then that. :nerd:
that will teach me to be "PC" :eek: :p :D

Pudlugger
11-24-2009, 07:14 PM

You have a very astute assessment of the game Cowboy. That is why I have always respected your posts. If the D line can break down our o line we are indeed in trouble. Fortunately our O line is solid. Go Leps beat the Warhorses!

gameface
11-24-2009, 10:04 PM
Warhorsejoe-it's not gonna happen. Your horse stops here but drinking at the pond of defeat. Enjoy the bobcat terrain but after Friday you'll be licking your hooves. I appreciate your enthusiasm but please listen to Teetle and Sir Cowboy Up. Sorry, you just don't have enough horsepower to cage the leopards. "E" is for eggs, "H" is for Haggard and "N" is for: NO WAY.

IHStangFan
11-24-2009, 10:41 PM
How big is the Devine line on average? Needville avg. about 240lbs if I'm not mistaken...I wouldn't say they pushed the Leps around up front....but they were able to play the Leps pretty tough and matched them pretty well up front I believe. If you can disrupt the Leps' QB, then you've got a chance. If not....it'll be a long night for Devine.

IHStangFan
11-24-2009, 10:45 PM

As far as the 3 deep comment, yes, your in this round, but you won one game not two. And again just my opinion, had you been in Sweeny's spot, for instance, you'd already be done. If Edna had faced LG in the first round we'd have been done. It's the way UIL does it, but IMO, this will not be La Grange's toughest playoff game so far. If you prove me wrong I'll be the first here to congratulate Devine. I know this will ruffle some feathers....but I tend to agree w/ what you are saying about what I call the "road through the playoffs" for some teams. Some of the teams from down south have it a little easier than some of the other teams. For example....D26 gets D25 first round...with the likes of Sealy, La Grange, & Giddings......D31 got Lyford, Rio Hondo & Zapata. It is MY opinion that D26 had a rougher first round than D31.

No offense meant...just how I see it. Some teams get an easier road based on who they tend to draw in the early rounds.

Pudlugger
11-25-2009, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
How big is the Devine line on average? Needville avg. about 240lbs if I'm not mistaken...I wouldn't say they pushed the Leps around up front....but they were able to play the Leps pretty tough and matched them pretty well up front I believe. If you can disrupt the Leps' QB, then you've got a chance. If not....it'll be a long night for Devine.

The Leps played the first eight games without one of their best o lineman #68 Klesel. He has been back since the Sealy game and is making a big difference in both pass coverage and the running game. In addition big #88 Childs has been playing both ways since district and adds a whole new dimension to our offense. I think our o line is one of the best in 3A. Good luck to the Leps and Happy Thanksgiving to all.:)

buff4ever
11-25-2009, 09:49 AM
I like the leps in this one, would be shocked if they didn't end up on top.

36phseal
11-25-2009, 11:26 AM
If Divine is able to limit LGs possessions, then this could turn into a game. Divine's objective reminds me alot of what Valastro did at LG. Run the clock, play field position, and put yourself in a position to win the game in the end. If Divine is able to win the field position battle and minimize the amount of time LG has the ball, you never know what can happen. I've seen it happen too many times with an offense such as Divine's. Even though they lost to Commerce in the State Championship a few years ago, LG kept it close, even though they didn't compare with speed of Commerce. Bellville was able to beat Marlin a few years ago. If LG starts feeling "pressure" to move the ball, that adds a new diminsion to the game. They might feel like they have to score every time and that causes a team to make mistakes (turnovers). Don't be surprised if this game ends up being a 7 point ball game either way.

Another thing. Look for a possible letdown in intensity from LG. They have had two playoff games that they felt could go either way. This is the first time they are going into one that they feel they should win. That may cause some performance issues as well.

Pulling for you LG. Focus and persistance!

Pudlugger
11-25-2009, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by 36phseal
If Divine is able to limit LGs possessions, then this could turn into a game. Divine's objective reminds me alot of what Valastro did at LG. Run the clock, play field position, and put yourself in a position to win the game in the end. If Divine is able to win the field position battle and minimize the amount of time LG has the ball, you never know what can happen. I've seen it happen too many times with an offense such as Divine's. Even though they lost to Commerce in the State Championship a few years ago, LG kept it close, even though they didn't compare with speed of Commerce. Bellville was able to beat Marlin a few years ago. If LG starts feeling "pressure" to move the ball, that adds a new diminsion to the game. They might feel like they have to score every time and that causes a team to make mistakes (turnovers). Don't be surprised if this game ends up being a 7 point ball game either way.

Another thing. Look for a possible letdown in intensity from LG. They have had two playoff games that they felt could go either way. This is the first time they are going into one that they feel they should win. That may cause some performance issues as well.

Pulling for you LG. Focus and persistance!

The Leps will be focused for this game. Their defense is playing at the top of their game. I think they will get the stops necessary to keep the offense rolling. If the Leps get up quickly by 2 or 3 scores the Warhorses run the clock out strategy will not work. They will have to score quickly to keep up with the Leps and that means playing more to the Leps game. The first quarter or so will set the pace.

gameface
11-25-2009, 01:34 PM
I predict that Schneider does not play fourth quarter due to effectiveness of 1st three. Devine is in for a GOCAW!! LG is calm, confident and ready to perform. Yes we may be the favorite but there is no decentralization of the ego needed. We will fulfil the task at hand-one game at a time. Gameface on!

Pudlugger
11-25-2009, 02:21 PM
GOCAW? Is that a Cajun thing?:D

allforball
11-25-2009, 04:00 PM
I predict that Schneider does not play fourth quarter due to effectiveness of 1st three. Devine is in for a GOCAW!! LG is calm, confident and ready to perform. Yes we may be the favorite but there is no decentralization of the ego needed. We will fulfil the task at hand-one game at a time. Gameface on!

Who is the 2nd string QB? Weishuhn is out with injury. I would guess McHazlett, but you surely wouldn't risk him QBing in a rout, if you don't want any unforseen injuries.

Pudlugger
11-25-2009, 04:19 PM
The whole jv suits up so probably the jv qb would get some time IF THIS EVER WERE TO HAPPEN. I think it is premature to talk about this. Devine will bring it and the Leps best focus on getting the job done. [2008 Smithville debacle still haunts me.] This is the playoffs. There are no chump teams in round three. Get ready to rumble Leps!:mad:

warhorsejoe
11-25-2009, 07:30 PM
Happy Thanksgiven TO all.:)

zebrablue2
11-25-2009, 08:53 PM
good luck to the leps.. keep it going.

LHS 2SONS
11-25-2009, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state

We will have the RV's set up somewhere in the parking lot. Come find us and we would be more than happy to have you, Invite to all of the Devine supporters as well. Happy Thanksgiving to all, safe travel to and from all of the games and injury free as well. GO LEPS! GATA!!!!!!!!!!!!

SintonFan
11-26-2009, 03:04 AM
I'll be rooting for the Leopards to win because Pudlugger is one cool cat and basically the "Godfather" of the 3adownlow La Grange community.:) ;)

Pudlugger
11-26-2009, 09:06 AM
:cool: :clap: :cheerl:

Gobbla2001
11-26-2009, 11:52 AM
Yup, gunna pull for the Leps myself, thems some good folk up 'er

zebrablue2
11-26-2009, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
I'll be rooting for the Leopards to win because Pudlugger is one cool cat and basically the "Godfather" of the 3adownlow La Grange community.:) ;)

:iagree:

36phseal
11-27-2009, 06:37 PM
1st poss 3 and out

36phseal
11-27-2009, 07:09 PM
Deivine 1 first down

36phseal
11-27-2009, 07:12 PM
8 min in 2nd qtr.

36phseal
11-27-2009, 07:19 PM
Xx

SintonFan_inAustin
11-27-2009, 07:46 PM
score?

RayTank09
11-27-2009, 07:50 PM
29 - 0 Leps

1st and goal
11-27-2009, 08:17 PM
Is this game on a webcast?

Go Leps!

1st and goal
11-27-2009, 08:39 PM
final score?

36phseal
11-27-2009, 08:42 PM
36 0. Start. Of 4th.

RayTank09
11-27-2009, 09:06 PM
Game is on http://www.kvlgkbuk.com/
FM 104.9

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-27-2009, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by 36phseal
36 0. Start. Of 4th.

R4 Final could be the same as last year 2 old teams from R3 playing for the R4 Championship.

gameface
11-27-2009, 09:46 PM
36-0 la grange victory over devine! Leps qb able to rest last 10 minutes of 4th! Good earn leps-gameface on!

SintonFan
11-27-2009, 09:51 PM
Wow!
Congratulations Leopards!
Very good win over a quality opponent.

IHStangFan
11-27-2009, 09:54 PM
Leps are picking up steam every week!!

Good job!! :clap:

1st and goal
11-27-2009, 10:05 PM
Congrats Leps! Great to see you win again. Keep it up.

Bull's-eye
11-27-2009, 11:19 PM
Congratulations Leps!! D25 is very proud! :clap: :clap: :clap:

LHS 2SONS
11-28-2009, 12:01 AM
Thanks for the Congrats from the D25 supporters.

GREAT win Leps. Defense was awesome. When you can get a shutout in the third week of the playoffs, you really did something. Offense was on fire early and then kind of relaxed a little in the 2nd quarter and then turned it back up in the 3rd quarter. Used a lot of weapons tonight and was good to get some of the starters out of the game in the second half and let the reserves see a lot of action.

One thing about some of the Devine fans is they were pretty rude and unsportsman like in that everytime we were about to snap the ball or our qb was about to pass the ball, they would blow an air horn trying to disrupt our offense. Guess what, it did not work and I guess the reason you were blowing the air horn when we had the ball was because their was no reason for you to blow the air horn when you had the ball. Good Luck in BB!

GO LEPS! BAND OF BROTHERS One week at a time. We are PROUD of you!

hookandladder
11-28-2009, 12:06 AM
Wow!
Congratulations Leopards!
Very good win over a quality opponent.

It was a good win for the Lepards, Quality opponent that would be hard to agree with. Devine was never in the game, their talent was very slim to be nice.

zebrablue2
11-28-2009, 02:32 AM
way to go LEPS!! good win...:2thumbsup:clap:

SintonFan
11-28-2009, 02:43 AM
Originally posted by hookandladder
It was a good win for the Lepards, Quality opponent that would be hard to agree with. Devine was never in the game, their talent was very slim to be nice.

Rarely do you see a non-quality opponent in the third round.:nerd: :p
I swear I was trying to give you guys a compliment.

Pudlugger
11-28-2009, 08:33 AM
This game was over after the first quarter when the Leps went up 18-0. The Lep defense completely shut down the slot t running game and forced the Warhorses to abandon a ball control game plan for passing. The offense turned down the volume in the second half and the second string played the entire 4th quarter.

The bad news was that we lost one of our best o lineman with a knee injury when #68 Klesel went down before halftime. His backup #64 got plenty of playing time in the regular season as Klesel was out until game 7 when Klesel returned from his surgery. The o line will still be solid but Klesel was a team leader and we will miss him.

Good season Warhorses. You guys played with heart. The Leps are on a mission now and playing with great intensity. Bring on the Regional Final....go Leps!:)

Pudlugger
11-28-2009, 08:37 AM
Rarely do you see a non-quality opponent in the third round.:nerd: :p
I swear I was trying to give you guys a compliment.

We appreciate your compliment SintonFan. Hook just was saying that the Warhorses did not show much last night. They had a bye in round one and squeaked by Mathis 13-12. Sweeny and Edna were much better teams. Devine wouldn't have made the playoffs in either D25 or D26 imo. Getting to advance in the playoffs is an accomplishment though and the Warhorses deserve credit for that. Go Leps, win state!:)

Pudlugger
11-28-2009, 12:06 PM
Possible venues for next round? Brenham or College Station if BR wins, Alamo Dome if Sinton wins?

hookandladder
11-28-2009, 12:28 PM
Possible venues for next round? Brenham or College Station if BR wins, Alamo Dome if Sinton wins?

The word I am hearing is Victoria if Sinton wins and Waller if BR wins.

Pudlugger
11-28-2009, 01:00 PM
Victoria would be good. Waller is three times farther for LG than BR. However, the Leps have played there already so that helps a little. Hope it is on Saturday.

TRENCHES06
11-28-2009, 01:20 PM

None of these

TRENCHES06
11-28-2009, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by hookandladder
The word I am hearing is Victoria if Sinton wins and Waller if BR wins.

Several possibilities but Victoria is not one of them.

gameface
11-28-2009, 06:00 PM
PUd-how about the gocaw!? Nice to see Josh rest thy body for round 4 & allow remainer of lep crew taste a little playoff action. Proud of leps despite imbalance in matchup. Next week will be a dog fight but we will match or beat round 4 opponent hopefully with vanguard kloesel-don't count him out! It's great to be in the final 8. Wish I could make Victoria tonight-should be a good matchup-I like the pirates! Leps are ready to rumble-we got our gameface on!

Pudlugger
11-28-2009, 07:00 PM
GOCAW for sure. Laisez bon temp roulette mon aimee. C'est bon ,no?

It would be great news if Weston can get back in the game. He's a great kid and a team leader.

hookandladder
11-28-2009, 07:18 PM
GOCAW for sure. Laisez bon temp roulette mon aimee. C'est bon ,no?

It would be great news if Weston can get back in the game. He's a great kid and a team leader.

We have played most all our games without him at tackle, if he cannot play it will make very little differences in our offense. Our leaders on this team are at midfield before every kickoff, no doubt about it.

gameface
11-28-2009, 08:02 PM
Pud-tried to translate your French into english-no success! My acronym is simple: "good old coutry ass whipping"! Gameface on!

Pudlugger
11-28-2009, 10:57 PM
Pud-tried to translate your French into english-no success! My acronym is simple: "good old coutry ass whipping"! Gameface on!

oh, I thought you were a ole Cajun boy. "Good old Coon Ass Whooping" coon ass being an endearment to all Cajun folk. Works for me LOL.