PDA

View Full Version : GIDDINGS-COMMERCE TITLE GAME

oldbuff78
12-13-2001, 12:22 AM
HEY GOBBLA, GIDDINGS WANTS THE ASTRODOME AND COMMERCE WANTS TEXAS STADIUM. WHAT YOU THINK ON THIS MATCHUP AND SITE?
WHAT ABOUT YOU PANTHER 69?

Hook 'em
12-13-2001, 12:32 AM
What's wrong with a site that is actually IN THE MIDDLE? Waco ISD Stadium comes to mind. I realize both coaches probably want to have some sort of home field advantage for their team but Waco, for one, is just as close as the Dome for Giddings....Just curious.

Let me also be the first to say, "let's not get ahead of ourselves just yet."

Jacket2000
12-13-2001, 01:19 AM
If, and I do mean IF, it comes down to these two, it'll be a Commerce track meet.
J2K

SintonFan_inAustin
12-13-2001, 01:34 AM
not even Forney would beat Giddings, what makes u think Commerce a weaker team could win in a football game, ur right they might win in a track meet, but its football season still.

Jacket2000
12-13-2001, 01:41 AM
You dont think Forney could beat Giddings? Does statewide news coverage stop once you get south of 34? First you say that Sinton's played a tougher schedule than Everman, and now I hear that Forney couldnt even beat Giddings. Im not real sure that Everman could beat'em again, I know Giddings couldnt. Gawd, Im gonna have to stop reading my own damn board if y'all keep this stuff up!!
J2K

oldbuff78
12-13-2001, 06:23 AM
WACO WOULD BE OK, BUT I GUESS IF YOU CAN KEEP IT INDOORS FOR WEATHER IS OK TOO!
BY THE WAY, I DON'T SEE FORNEY IN THE BRACKET. SO HOW COULD THEY BEAT GIDDINGS OR EVERMAN AGAIN OR THE PIRATES FROM SINTON!!

maestro
12-13-2001, 08:57 AM
To my knowledge, Commerce does not even want to play in Texas Stadium. I think Waco may be a more possible option. However, niether teams have made it there yet. Both teams have tough games this weekend.

Offensive Coordinator
12-13-2001, 09:37 AM
Jacket2000 I don't know what town you are from but I'm really tired of you hating on Giddings. You must be from one of those teams that we knocked off.

g-town fan
12-13-2001, 11:32 AM
You are right Offensive Coordinator. I am really getting tired of hearing Jacket too. He is supposed to be an Administrator and he talks more crap than anyone. It is really getting annoying. And let's talk about a Giddings-Commerce title game when it gets here. The games they have to play this week are not going to be blowoffs. They must play solid games, and if they win, then we can discuss next week's game. But until then, everyone support the Buffs, and remember, We Believe!!!
Giddings 28-LG 10

Jacket2000
12-13-2001, 12:32 PM
Nope, not from a team that Giddings knocked off, and I have the right to talk trash just as much as anyone. But, you see, I was a Giddings supporter untill all the idiots came outta the woodwork. Now that I have to deal with Giddings Jr High students on my board, I find myself pulling for La Grange more and more; and Ive pulled against them every week untill now. So, in conclusion, you and your fans are the reason for my attitude towards Giddings.
J2K
ps: What I said about Commerce/Giddings was not trash. Ive seen both teams play, I was speaking the truth.

oldbuff78
12-13-2001, 01:48 PM
poor jacket!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

g-town fan
12-13-2001, 01:57 PM
I second that comment made by Old Buff.
Jacket definitely has some problems. That's okay, I don't want a fag like him supporting the Buffs anyway!

SintonFan_inAustin
12-13-2001, 02:09 PM
Region 2 is not statewide news, its only your regions news, south of 35 not 34 has its own news and view points. We don't all wonder what news is coming out of north of 35.

eye of the tiger
12-13-2001, 02:16 PM
G-town this is just a suggestion, but you might want to edit your last post. That is the kind of talk that gets peopled banned from this forum. Jacket is just posting his opinion. There are better ways than name calling to defend your position. Anyhow just a suggestion

Hook 'em
12-13-2001, 02:39 PM
g-town fan, I agree with eye of the tiger...Who would want to root for a team if all of their fans are as close-minded as you. Along with a horrible attitude like that.

joe60
12-13-2001, 04:08 PM
I agree. g-town, it's comments like that which have caused Jacket to stop supporting us. I know you may not care, but people form opinions about Giddings when you make stupid comments on these boards.

I think the players are the only ones who should be able to talk trash. If that was a rule, you wouldn't see any trash talk on here coming from Giddings. So, fellow students, just remember trash talking never got anyone anywhere. Just let us play our game and you can cheer for us on Friday.

PS, J2K, just wondering...which game did you watch us play in?

[This message has been edited by joe60 (edited December 13, 2001).]

Jacket2000
12-13-2001, 05:09 PM
Ok,let's see, where do I begin? Im just gonna reply to all of'em in one post.

Sinton_Fan_in_Austin: Im not region 2, if you look at the rest of the site, Im the region IV correspondant. By the way, 35 runs north and south, 34 runs east to west.

Eye of the Tiger: very good suggestion, too bad he didnt listen, eh?

Joe60: I have to disagree with ya there. I dont think ANYONE should talk trash. I was once a member of a state championship team, and I promise you, any player that acted the way these posters have acted would find himself on the bench. Champions win with class and lose with grace. Ive been on both ends. I know what it's like to climb the mountain, I know what it's like to get knocked off of it as well as what it's like to stand on top of it.
Oh, and by the way, Ive seen film of the La Grange, Cameron Yoe, and Newton games.

And last, but not least, G-town fan: There's a brand new thread just for you.
J2K

joe60
12-13-2001, 05:58 PM
Yeah I agree, Jacket, players shouldn't talk trash either. I was just saying that I see a lot of GHS students post messages on here and the thing is all the ones talking trash don't even play football, and don't know what is going on anyways. I'll just clarify by saying that players shouldn't talk trash, but they have more of a right to than fans.

Jacket2000
12-13-2001, 06:03 PM
Ok, I can live with that.