PDA

View Full Version : Region III Division I Quarterfinals: Navasota v. Gilmer

HEMOTOXIC
11-21-2009, 07:21 PM
Ok, here goes. Navasota gets their shot at the Gilmer Buckeyes.

Saturday, November 28 2pm @ Lufkin

Navasota (visitors)
Gilmer (home)

WOS87
11-21-2009, 07:26 PM
Jasper held Silsbee to 20 points and Gilmer scored 42 and 57 against Jasper.

Navasota will need a major improvement on defense to win this one

Good luck though!

HEMOTOXIC
11-21-2009, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by WOS87
Jasper held Silsbee to 20 points and Gilmer scored 42 and 57 against Jasper.

Navasota will need a major improvement on defense to win this one

Good luck though!

You are right. Navasota's defense will have to step it up.

marlin fan
11-21-2009, 07:48 PM
woohooo Gilmer!!!!:devil:

ProudHornetMom
11-21-2009, 08:30 PM
Thanksgiving week is a tough week for practice and making adustments but I'm behind the Rattlers 100%.

HEMOTOXIC
11-21-2009, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by marlin fan
woohooo Gilmer!!!!:devil:

Come on Marlin Fan, I thought we better than that.:D

lulu
11-21-2009, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
Come on Marlin Fan, I thought we better than that.:D

Hey Toxic.....still hate that snake. I listened in on the broadcast last night. Congratz on the win. Was tough..huh? Silsbee gave more than I though they would. Glad ya'll pulled it out.

I went to see Gilmer play today. Good game. Win for Gilmer.
Though it was not as impressive as I was expecting. I am looking forward to reading the Downlow this week. Here's wishing you guys good luck but you know even though I really really like your Rattlers I have to give my loyalties to our District brothers.

marlin fan
11-21-2009, 09:25 PM
Come on Marlin Fan, I thought we better than that.:D just did it to see what u was gone say plus u know ima hater bc marlin is not in the playoffs nor is killeen anymore lol

OldBison75
11-21-2009, 09:27 PM
Okay, here is the deal----

The Rattlers have an offense that can score quickly on anybody if they are on program and play within themselves. Silsbee found out how many weapons the Rattler can have producing at any time and it was not all Hildreth. The defense has been damned good all year until the Silsbee game. I give credit to the Silsbee coaching staff and players for making things happen when it sometimes did not look like there was anything there. I will say our nemesis this year has been the mobile and fast Qb that can scramble and pass on the run. Silsbee certainly had that and he really hurt us when he was forced out of the pocket.

I have not seen Gilmer in person, but I have talked to a number of people that have and all I can say is WOW!!!. I think they are a well oiled machine that can get on a roll and just embarass another team. I know that they will be big and tough and will most likely make very few mistakes. I think the key to this game will be how well thier defense handles the speed and versitility of the Rattler offense.

If the Rattlers offense can move the ball and score consistently, I think the Rattler defense is good enough to make enough stops to make this a great game. I guarantee you that the Rattlers will come into this game with the attitude that they can win. I have heard more than one kid say that to be the best you have to beat the best and they feel this is thier chance to prove they belong with the big boys.

I look for a real exciting game with the final score being with both teams in the 30's or 40's. I am gonna be the first to step out on a limb and say that the Rattlers pull the upset by a score of 40-38.

lulu
11-21-2009, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by OldBison75
Okay, here is the deal----

The Rattlers have an offense that can score quickly on anybody if they are on program and play within themselves. Silsbee found out how many weapons the Rattler can have producing at any time and it was not all Hildreth. The defense has been damned good all year until the Silsbee game. I give credit to the Silsbee coaching staff and players for making things happen when it sometimes did not look like there was anything there. I will say our nemesis this year has been the mobile and fast Qb that can scramble and pass on the run. Silsbee certainly had that and he really hurt us when he was forced out of the pocket.

I have not seen Gilmer in person, but I have talked to a number of people that have and all I can say is WOW!!!. I think they are a well oiled machine that can get on a roll and just embarass another team. I know that they will be big and tough and will most likely make very few mistakes. I think the key to this game will be how well thier defense handles the speed and versitility of the Rattler offense.

If the Rattlers offense can move the ball and score consistently, I think the Rattler defense is good enough to make enough stops to make this a great game. I guarantee you that the Rattlers will come into this game with the attitude that they can win. I have heard more than one kid say that to be the best you have to beat the best and they feel this is thier chance to prove they belong with the big boys.

I look for a real exciting game with the final score being with both teams in the 30's or 40's. I am gonna be the first to step out on a limb and say that the Rattlers pull the upset by a score of 40-38.
Glad to read your post because i wondered what hapened to Nav. last night. My opinion was that Silsbee had the better team.
I was listening to the broadcast and it sounded like the Rattlers were strugglin. So their defense IS solid? Usually?

navscanmaster
11-21-2009, 09:39 PM
I am not going to make any predictions. I am just going to support my Rattlers and be happy they are still playing football. I don't expect a Rattler win in this game, so I will be that much more excited if they do pull of the upset. Navasota has shown signs of weakness this season, and Gilmer has not. Let this be said. Every team has its night where the fumble bug happens. It could be high snaps, miscommunication, muffed punts, whatever. I think if that kind of night finds the Buckeyes, the Rattlers definitely have a chance. Otherwise, it will be relying on our defense to make a few stops, and finding a way to put together some nice long drives and eat up the clock. I think this is one of Gilmer's best matchups of the year, so I would expect them to be pumped up about it.

Go Rattlers!

navscanmaster
11-21-2009, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by lulu
Glad to read your post because i wondered what hapened to Nav. last night. My opinion was that Silsbee had the better team.
I was listening to the broadcast and it sounded like the Rattlers were strugglin. So their defense IS solid? Usually?

Well, yeah.. They only allowed 9.5 points per game all year, with a high of 24. Like what was said earlier, we have trouble with mobile QBs. We ran into the most mobile in the state last night, and he is headed to West Virginia to run their offense because of his ability. He made us look bad a few times.

OldBison75
11-21-2009, 09:41 PM
LULU, the Rattlers pretty much moved the ball at will all night except for a couple of fumbles and an interception. I think we punted only a couple of times. The problem was that we could not stop the Silsbee offense consistently. And, they did not make many mistakes. It was not the Rattlers best performance, but the offense was clicking pretty great at times against a big and speedy defense.

lulu
11-21-2009, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
I am not going to make any predictions. I am just going to support my Rattlers and be happy they are still playing football. I don't expect a Rattler win in this game, so I will be that much more excited if they do pull of the upset. Navasota has shown signs of weakness this season, and Gilmer has not. Let this be said. Every team has its night where the fumble bug happens. It could be high snaps, miscommunication, muffed punts, whatever. I think if that kind of night finds the Buckeyes, the Rattlers definitely have a chance. Otherwise, it will be relying on our defense to make a few stops, and finding a way to put together some nice long drives and eat up the clock. I think this is one of Gilmer's best matchups of the year, so I would expect them to be pumped up about it.

Go Rattlers!

Agree.....truth spoken

lulu
11-21-2009, 09:50 PM
LULU, the Rattlers pretty much moved the ball at will all night except for a couple of fumbles and an interception. I think we punted only a couple of times. The problem was that we could not stop the Silsbee offense consistently. And, they did not make many mistakes. It was not the Rattlers best performance, but the offense was clicking pretty great at times against a big and speedy defense.

I was just shocked. I was not expecting that close of a game. They scared the dickens out of me. I was a nervous wreck by the time they got that last Knee on the ground.

Congratz on a great win.
Please forgive me that i have to support our District 17 in this match up. Good luck.:)

easttexas3a
11-21-2009, 10:24 PM
Just got back from the Gilmer game. La Vega did a good job in the first half of trying to keep the ball away from us. For some reason La Vega decided to kick onside kicks everytime they kicked off, was interesting decision. Gilmer played very well on D and gave up the two touchdowns in the 4th, the first one we appeared to have about half starters half subs in, and the last one we had pulled everyone out. If not for the 4th quarter I am not sure La Vega gained much more than about 100 yards, great job stopping a good running team by the bux.

As for the upcoming game with Navasota I expect a good one. We haven't face a true spread team that could pass and run since we played daingerfield week 5 in the season or so. Will be interesting to see how well we play against a team that can spread it out and sling it a bit. I have heard you guys are very big up front, and have good athletes and a really good qb.

I expect Gilmer to win, think it may be a track meet game. If I had to put a number to it I would guess 49-31.

Good Luck to the Rattlers, and I hope you guys have stayed healthy, we got abit of the injury bug last week, but we should be full force for saturday.

HEMOTOXIC
11-21-2009, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by marlin fan
just did it to see what u was gone say plus u know ima hater bc marlin is not in the playoffs nor is killeen anymore lol

Got ya....I will give you a call if you are serious about going to the Caldwell game.

martwayne
11-21-2009, 10:36 PM
what is the deal with everyone saying a win by navasota would be and upset. we've been ranked in the top 25 for almost
2 1/2 years, and when you get this deep into the playoffs, nothing is a surprize, anyone can win. and about the silsbee game, their quarterback, which is prob going to west virgina, was a darn good quarterback, so to compare scores and stats from whos played who dont matter(for example texas a&m went into lubbuck and pretty much handled tech, but got killed by oklahoma, and tech handled ou with no prob today)my point is anyone can win on any given day.

navasota will be there and will be ready to bring just like gilmer will be ready to bring it. so good luck to both teams and remeber this...

FEAR THE RATTLER, STRIKE HARD AND STRIKE FAST
GO RATTLERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Navasota 47
Gilmer 42

OldBison75
11-21-2009, 10:51 PM
Just a friendly reminder martwayne--Gilmer has been ranked No. 1 all year and if anybody beats them--that is called an upset. Nobody is saying Navasota has no chance.

navscanmaster
11-21-2009, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by martwayne
what is the deal with everyone saying a win by navasota would be and upset. we've been ranked in the top 25 for almost
2 1/2 years, and when you get this deep into the playoffs, nothing is a surprize, anyone can win. and about the silsbee game, their quarterback, which is prob going to west virgina, was a darn good quarterback, so to compare scores and stats from whos played who dont matter(for example texas a&m went into lubbuck and pretty much handled tech, but got killed by oklahoma, and tech handled ou with no prob today)my point is anyone can win on any given day.

navasota will be there and will be ready to bring just like gilmer will be ready to bring it. so good luck to both teams and remeber this...

FEAR THE RATTLER, STRIKE HARD AND STRIKE FAST
GO RATTLERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Navasota 47
Gilmer 42

It fits the definition of an upset. Gilmer will be a big time favorite in every game they play. They were state semifinalists last year, losing to the state champion. They returned the whole friggin team. They have been absolutely killing everybody they play. They have been number one since preseason in every poll. Navasota looked like a killer early on, but since Caldwell, they have looked very beatable. If Navasota wins against Gilmer, it will be an upset victory, plain and simple.

Pawdaddy
11-21-2009, 11:02 PM
yada, yada, yada, yada, .............my point is anyone can win on any given day.......yada, yada, yada..............

Remeber this, next Saturday will not be one of Navasota's given days. Gilmer's offense will roll. Gilmer's defense will be stifling and stingy. Gilmer's special teams will break the back of the Rattlers with big plays. I see what Navasota will believe is the perfect storm facing them next week. Gilmer 51 Navasota 20.

easttexas3a
11-21-2009, 11:06 PM
Pawdaddy no pawdaddy no lol. I think Navasota can beat gilmer, and I think it would really just take Navastoa creating a couple turnovers, or Gilmer having some bad penalties and things like that. I think Navasota is basically just like gilmer, except I believe our D is better than yours.

lulu
11-21-2009, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by easttexas3a
Pawdaddy no pawdaddy no lol. I think Navasota can beat gilmer, and I think it would really just take Navastoa creating a couple turnovers, or Gilmer having some bad penalties and things like that. I think Navasota is basically just like gilmer, except I believe our D is better than yours. And I think you are correct. Sadly

OldBison75
11-21-2009, 11:12 PM
pawdaddy, you may be right, but we will have to see since it is a group of kids that really play the game and not us wannabe stars.
What i can tell you is that Navasota is better than you suspect and will be a great matchup against Gilmer. It will take a perfect game with no tirnovers for Navasota to win, but they have done that this year and can do it again. If you happened to see any highlights from the Navasota vs Silsbee game, you saw a plain vanilla version of the offense with only about one third of the playbook used. And, you saw the speed that can make big plays over and over.

I know that the rattlers think they can win and that is half of the battle for these kids. I expect them to come out strong and give the Buckeyes a real test. We will see if they have what it takes.

Yoe_09
11-21-2009, 11:16 PM
Should be a hard fought game throughout but I think Gilmer just has too much and will end up pulling away in the end and win 42-28.

lulu
11-21-2009, 11:16 PM
Man alive...if my kids don't leave to go home on Friday....I may have to leave them at the house by themselves:eek:

Pawdaddy
11-21-2009, 11:18 PM
Pawdaddy no pawdaddy no lol. I think Navasota can beat gilmer, and I think it would really just take Navastoa creating a couple turnovers, or Gilmer having some bad penalties and things like that. I think Navasota is basically just like gilmer, except I believe our D is better than yours.

I wish, I think, I thought........There has been 11 teams do all that for at least one week this year (Jasper knew better 2nd time) and then they have to suit up and actually play against the Buckeyes. Reality get very clear within minutes after kickoff.

Pawdaddy
11-21-2009, 11:20 PM
Hey, I think I'll have a party for my 200th post!!!!:D :D :D :D :D :D

Pawdaddy
11-21-2009, 11:21 PM
Yeah, I will serve iced tea and rattlesnake meat.

easttexas3a
11-21-2009, 11:51 PM
Out of curiosity, how much of a crowd you guys usually bring?

OldBison75
11-21-2009, 11:52 PM
Yeah, but the party would be pretty dull since nobody from Gilmer seems to want to claim you tonight. It must be lonely when you have to eat and drink by yourself, much less when you have to dance with yourself.

easttexas3a
11-21-2009, 11:53 PM
I'll claim him, just a little more precautious. He has been pretty close all year.

Mojado
11-21-2009, 11:57 PM
Opinion....

Gilmer wins in the first half.... LOADED.... They win it all... NO David and Goliath here...Navasota not in the same arena...

But good season Navasota...:clap:

OldBison75
11-22-2009, 12:00 AM
Mo, man you need to read what you are posting on and quit drinking. Gilmer is playing Navasota this week not Caldwell. Now the prediction may be the same in your book, but at least insult the right team.

Okay--while i was typing this, you corrected this thread--did you get it on the other thread too?

easttexas3a
11-22-2009, 12:28 AM
You got to figure this is the game of the week in region 3 right.

easttexas3a
11-22-2009, 04:21 AM
Gilmer stats as per Max Preps.com website, these by no means are official

Passing

# Athlete Name Comp Att Comp % Yds Y/G TD Int QB
10 Darian Godfrey 187 256 .730 2772 252 35 5 140

Rushing

# Athlete Name Car Yds Avg Y/G Long TD
8 Vance Green 51 682 13.37 75.8 46 6
10 Darian Godfrey 81 382 4.72 34.7 13 13
32 Jeremy Jackson 41 316 7.71 28.7 6 1
22 Gus Osborne 25 301 12.04 50.2 6 7
20 Marlon Granville 38 288 7.58 28.8 13 3

Receiving

# Athlete Name Rec Yds Avg Y/G Long TD
7 Luke Turner 31 361 11.65 32.8 22 6
3 Tristan Holt 27 672 24.89 61.1 16 11
17 Tevin Godfrey 25 465 18.60 46.5 4
6 Braylon Webb 23 268 11.65 24.4 27 4
2 Kedon Franklin 15 184 12.27 23.0 21 2
19 Ben Griffith 13 216 16.62 24.0 2
8 Vance Green 11 141 12.82 15.7 1
4 Daniel McLaren 11 183 16.64 26.1 4

Tackles
# Athlete Name Tackles Asst Sacks Int.
34 Mikey Wilson 62 58 1 1
5 Luis Castro 54 28 4
16 Chris Miller 46 36 5
6 Braylon Webb 41 33
33 Dakota Cannon 38 13
45 Eric Miller 38 18 2
11 Paul Chesnut 37 24 2
20 Marlon Granville 33 10 1
47 Trey Webb 25 16
27 Tamil Harris 20 4

Defensively have forced 17 turnovers

WOS87
11-22-2009, 06:00 AM
You got to figure this is the game of the week in region 3 right.

No offense but out of the three Region III games this week I think Coldspring vs Lorena will be the closest matchup followed by Carthage vs Caldwell

HEMOTOXIC
11-22-2009, 06:21 AM
Originally posted by WOS87
No offense but out of the three Region III games this week I think Coldspring vs Lorena will be the closest matchup followed by Carthage vs Caldwell

We will just have to see.

BuckeyeNut
11-22-2009, 08:58 AM
Waco had the game plan to beat us yesterday. Run the ball up the middle and keep it away from are offense. To bad it only worked for the first 10 mins. Gilmer plays its best Defense when the other team trys to speed it out on us. Everyone on in the Defense runs a 4.8 or better. Other than the D-line and there close. Please try and pass that just means were gong to get alot of sacks an many chances for Defensive TD. You just dont understnad how fast the whole team is. I saw Holt run back and pick up a punt that got bye him, he picked it up on his own 40 and ran it back and made the wole Waco team look like they were just standing there. All I can say is get ready for the shower of points, and the BLACK FLAG DEFENSE to be all over the ball.

OldBison75
11-22-2009, 12:39 PM
Black Flag,
If you look at the bottom of this post, you will see that I have had so much smoke blown up my butt I am at risk for colon cancer. If you are gonna brag on the Buckeye defense be realistic--"the whole defense run 4.8". That is crap and you know it--most college teams cannot even claim that many 4.8 runners and they get the best of the best. I am not saying they are not fast, because they are, but at least be realistic. Our coaches have watched you more than once and the team knows the truth about your speed on defense.

Against Silsbee, Navasota had 330 yards rushing behind the big offensive line and did not need to pass very much--I think it was just 12 attempts to throw. We will see if the Buckeye defense has the speed to follow all three of the runners they will see carrying the ball. They better not focus on just the QB or they will find the other two running free. In my mind, the real key to this game is not gonna be the Gilmer defense stopping Navasota as much as the Navasota defense finding a way to slow down the Gilmer offense. if they can make a few stops or create a few turnovers, this could be a very good game.

And yes, I think on paper the Buckeyes should win. But, like I have said before, the Rattlers have the tools to pull out this win if they play well and don't make the big mistakes that stop drives and give up big plays.

SHSBulldog00
11-22-2009, 12:41 PM
Too early for me to vote. Will be a GREAT GAME!!!

buxfanatic
11-22-2009, 01:08 PM
gilmer in a close one

OldBison75
11-22-2009, 01:19 PM
On the Cuero vs Ingleside thread, Black Flag has already decided that Gilmer wins this one since he is already telling Cuero he can't wait to play them. If that is the over-confident attitude of the team then I really like being the underdog.

DON'T OVERLOOK THE RATTLERS--THEY ARE BETTER THAN YOU THINK AND WHEN THE GAME STARTS--YOU MIGHT NOT BE AS SURE AS YOU ARE TODAY.

pirate4state
11-22-2009, 01:43 PM
On the Cuero vs Ingleside thread, Black Flag has already decided that Gilmer wins this one since he is already telling Cuero he can't wait to play them. If that is the over-confident attitude of the team then I really like being the underdog.

DON'T OVERLOOK THE RATTLERS--THEY ARE BETTER THAN YOU THINK AND WHEN THE GAME STARTS--YOU MIGHT NOT BE AS SURE AS YOU ARE TODAY.

C'mon....these kind of posts crack me up. Do you really think any coach would allow their team to get so full of themselves that they "over look" anyone??? In the words of Keyshawn Johnson...COME ON, MAN!

Now, I will give you that fans get that over confident, but that's all part of having a successful program and having fun on this board. We are all guilty of looking ahead to "must see" match ups.

Not that I don't want to see Navasota play, I would, but just not this year. :D

GO BUCKEYES!

Do I think they will roll the Rattlers? No, but I think they win it early in the 4th.

Good luck!

OldBison75
11-22-2009, 01:53 PM
P4S, I don't think the Gilmer coaches are overlooking anybody, and my comment was really directed at the poster Black Flag. The type comments that he looks forward to Gilmer vs Cuero is a insult to the Navasota program and he could at least say that "if they win this week like they should". I have posted numerous times that everything seems to say Gilmer should beat Navasota, but I am a Rattler fan and I believe that if they play thier best game and Gilmer slips a little, Navasota can win.

All I ask is that a poster support his or her team and respect the kids that play for the other team and not automatically discount thier chances. After all, we all know the kids read these boards and I don't think you should tell any kid he can't do something like compete with another kid. You may predict against him, but don't tell him he has no chance. This is football and anything is possible and that is the message kids should read, ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE.

pirate4state
11-22-2009, 01:59 PM
P4S, I don't think the Gilmer coaches are overlooking anybody, and my comment was really directed at the poster Black Flag. The type comments that he looks forward to Gilmer vs Cuero is a insult to the Navasota program and he could at least say that "if they win this week like they should". I have posted numerous times that everything seems to say Gilmer should beat Navasota, but I am a Rattler fan and I believe that if they play thier best game and Gilmer slips a little, Navasota can win.

All I ask is that a poster support his or her team and respect the kids that play for the other team and not automatically discount thier chances. After all, we all know the kids read these boards and I don't think you should tell any kid he can't do something like compete with another kid. You may predict against him, but don't tell him he has no chance. This is football and anything is possible and that is the message kids should read, ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE.

True dat. Our boys will also be reading that they have no chance and you're right, that shouldn't be the case, but some people just don't know how to act! :D ;)

Good Luck.

HEMOTOXIC
11-22-2009, 02:04 PM

Black Flag believes in the Buckeyes. If he believes that Gilmer will win, that is okay. I am a Rattler fan, and I believe that we will win. Who will win? Well, that will be decided by 5pm or so on Saturday, November 28, 2009. We know that Gilmer will probably be Navasota's toughest test this year. And, given Gilmer's history and performance so far this year, many (most) are not giving the Rattlers a chance against the "Black Flag Defense" aka the defense that everyone runs atleast a 4.8 or better, or the team that can or should I say will put up a shower of points on Saturday. What has been said may all be true. Gilmer may indeed put up 70 points on the Rattlers, but, it doesn't matter if the Rattlers put up 71. Personally, I like to let the kids play. You never know what will motivate a team. I look forward to Saturday afternoon.

Good Luck to both teams.

Go Snakes!

Buckeye80
11-22-2009, 04:33 PM
We know that Gilmer will probably be Navasota's toughest test this year.

That's not even in question! Can't wait till Saturday!

Green Bling
11-22-2009, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by lulu
Man alive...if my kids don't leave to go home on Friday....I may have to leave them at the house by themselves:eek:

Lulu, I feel your pain! Don't really want mine to leave, just want them to want to go to the game with me. I think my chances are nil to none. :D Think I'll probably be listening to Joe and Grandpa broadcast the Gobbler game on the radio.

martwayne
11-22-2009, 04:46 PM
i love all of this trash talk, it makes the week go byso much faster

Buckeye80
11-22-2009, 04:50 PM
Oh I'm not talking trash. But Gilmer will "hands down" be the best team the Rattlers have seen this year! The Rattlers will be the 2nd best team the Buckeyes have seen this year. This should be a fantastic game! I always love playing the elite programs in 3A, regardless of the outcome!

HEMOTOXIC
11-22-2009, 09:48 PM
Can't wait to Saturday. This will be Navasota's first game against Gilmer. It will be fun seeing Gilmer pack the stadium and seeing their game time experience. I wonder if it will be anything like Liberty Hill's "First Downs" or La Vega's MODOC Cheer.?

navscanmaster
11-22-2009, 09:54 PM
Can't wait to Saturday. This will be Navasota's first game against Gilmer. It will be fun seeing Gilmer pack the stadium and seeing their game time experience. I wonder if it will be anything like Liberty Hill's "First Downs" or La Vega's MODOC Cheer.?

No, they just don't stop cheering because Gilmer has never stopped scoring.:(

OldBison75
11-22-2009, 10:48 PM
On paper the Gilmer Buckeyes will be the best team the Rattlers have faced all year. Up to this point, I think that Caldwell was the best team we faced on the field though. I may change my mind next week.

I too look forward to seeing the Gilmer faithful in the gameday atmosphere. Get ready for the Rattler rattles and a good Rattler fan base.

j_dog
11-22-2009, 11:35 PM
Navasota well may give Gilmer its best test of the year.

Big lines that should outweigh Gilmer, and speed to possibly match Gilmer's. I thought Jasper's size would be an advantage, but I am not sure Jasper's defense got off the bus for their second Gilmer game. :(

Navasota defense: you gotta get off the bus! You can make this a game if you play perfectly. You have to play perfectly to have a chance because you can just about count on Gilmer's offense playing almost perfect ball. And Gilmer plays the full game all out. With just seconds to go in the half when most teams would have just run out the clock, Gilmer scored its fifth TD against Jasper. After that, Jasper did not have a prayer of coming back. Maybe Gilmer remembered a 3 TD lead evaporating against Jasper once upon a time. ;)

Good luck to both teams. It should be a heck of a game. Gilmer does not quit, and neither does Navasota.

Nursebetty
11-23-2009, 03:46 AM
Ok, I'm going to have to go with Navasota on this one. I would love to see the Rattlers upset Gilmer. I dont think this will be a "blow out" either. I think Navasota will hold Gilmer to a lower score. Of course, lots of folks are saying Gilmer is gonna win, but hey............anything can happen on any given night.......so, who knows?! And it may be that Gilmer wins, but i dont think its gonna be that easy for them this week. I am rooting for the Rattlers to pull it off, pull off an upset!!!!!!!!

easttexas3a
11-23-2009, 05:39 AM
Interested who cuero wants out of this matchup, apparently one cuero fan wants navasota to pull off the upset.

Gilmer will bring 5000 or so to the game I bet, the problem is we are just not very loud. I got a big horn, and some cowbells and stuff but most people just clap a little here and there.

How many will Navasota bring? I would love nothing more than for us to pack lufkins stadium.

One "cool" thing about gilmer is they run out of a big banner thing or whatever and not a blow up, it may have to do with there nto being a 30 foot tall buckeye to run out of lol. It is kind of cool to see a little oldschool run out, and I love to see Stump Godfrey lead the team out like all qb's should.

Silsbee1989
11-23-2009, 07:45 AM
I can honestly say THE RATTLERS WONT GIVE UP because they didnt against Silsbee. If heart has anything to do with it....I give the game to Navasota.

Navasota by 3

GO RATTLERS GO !!!!!!

BuckeyeNut
11-23-2009, 08:06 AM
On Saturday Waco had some of the biggest linemen that I have seen so far. It took us about 8 plays to get over that. Like I said 4.8 is the avg, all but the D-line. After the game ask your guys how fast everyone is. Speed on both sides off the ball and going all out all game. I have not seen anyone be able to keep up. Looking back over the people we have played so far i have not seen anyone that could have even beat Dangerfield let alone us. Get ready for the best team in the state. On paper and on the field.

BuckeyeNut
11-23-2009, 08:11 AM
Black Flag,
If you look at the bottom of this post, you will see that I have had so much smoke blown up my butt I am at risk for colon cancer. If you are gonna brag on the Buckeye defense be realistic--"the whole defense run 4.8". That is crap and you know it--most college teams cannot even claim that many 4.8 runners and they get the best of the best. I am not saying they are not fast, because they are, but at least be realistic. Our coaches have watched you more than once and the team knows the truth about your speed on defense.

Against Silsbee, Navasota had 330 yards rushing behind the big offensive line and did not need to pass very much--I think it was just 12 attempts to throw. We will see if the Buckeye defense has the speed to follow all three of the runners they will see carrying the ball. They better not focus on just the QB or they will find the other two running free. In my mind, the real key to this game is not gonna be the Gilmer defense stopping Navasota as much as the Navasota defense finding a way to slow down the Gilmer offense. if they can make a few stops or create a few turnovers, this could be a very good game.

And yes, I think on paper the Buckeyes should win. But, like I have said before, the Rattlers have the tools to pull out this win if they play well and don't make the big mistakes that stop drives and give up big plays.

Thanks for the Note, and if the coaches have seen us play that is good, but watching and playing are way different. You always have a plan until you get hit.

Superbacker 00'
11-23-2009, 08:27 AM
Rattlers take in a fist fight note this "It's not the size of the dog in the fight it's the size of the fight in the dog" meaning Navasota's talent got them here But there Heart keeps them here
Navasota 42
Gilmer 40:D

Txbroadcaster
11-23-2009, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by Silsbee1989
I can honestly say THE RATTLERS WONT GIVE UP because they didnt against Silsbee. If heart has anything to do with it....I give the game to Navasota.

Navasota by 3

GO RATTLERS GO !!!!!!

And Gilmer wont have heart?

waterboy
11-23-2009, 08:59 AM
This oughta be a good test for both teams. The Buckeyes will have to cut out the mistakes on offense, and keep the play in front of 'em on defense. Gilmer had 3 TDs called back, and 3 or 4 big gains called back in the La Vega game which kept that one closer on the scoreboard than it actually was on the field. The scoreboard is the ONLY thing that counts when it's all said and done. These mistakes weren't glaring mistakes but it's something that must be corrected because ALL the teams from here on out are definitely capable of the upset. If the Buckeyes FOCUS and play like they're capable, i.e. mistake-free execution on offense, defense, and special teams, then the Buckeyes will advance. I think the Buckeyes will refocus and take care of business.;)

BTW, the officiating was terrible in the La Vega game! I hope that particular crew doesn't officiate any more playoff games!:doh:

Raider Red
11-23-2009, 09:20 AM
The ONLY way to beat Gilmer is to control the ball and keep it out of the offenses hands. They have weapons at all skill positions. La Vega did have the right plan with controlling the ball but did not have the skilled players they have had in the past to continue the plan. They were onside kicking to try to get control of the ball and keep it out of Gilmers hands.
I do have aquestion for Gilmer fans. Why would Gilmer be going for two up by 4 touchdowns. #0-3 and going for 2? Also, I was susprised to see Godfrey still in the game with the score 37-10. If the score had been like 14 point differential, I could see it but 27 with 6 minutes to go in the game. Big risk.
I have seen most of the schools left in 3A and the two best are Gilmer and Abilene Wylie. Navasota can win IF they can play keep away with the football.

Superbacker 00'
11-23-2009, 10:26 AM
The thing about keepin Gilmer off the field will be on the backs of Navasotas O line if the can keep the heat off the running backs in the backfeild than its on!!! All they need is to break the line of scrimage and its tough to stop them without atleast 3-4 yrd gains

Pawdaddy
11-23-2009, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by Raider Red
The ONLY way to beat Gilmer is to control the ball and keep it out of the offenses hands. They have weapons at all skill positions. La Vega did have the right plan with controlling the ball but did not have the skilled players they have had in the past to continue the plan. They were onside kicking to try to get control of the ball and keep it out of Gilmers hands.
I do have aquestion for Gilmer fans. Why would Gilmer be going for two up by 4 touchdowns. #0-3 and going for 2? Also, I was susprised to see Godfrey still in the game with the score 37-10. If the score had been like 14 point differential, I could see it but 27 with 6 minutes to go in the game. Big risk.
I have seen most of the schools left in 3A and the two best are Gilmer and Abilene Wylie. Navasota can win IF they can play keep away with the football.

That is usually the prevailing line of thought, however, it just has not worked. For example, against Tatum in the first half alone, Tatum won the time of possession battle 20 minutes to 4 minutes.
Unfortunately, they were behind in points 27(?) - 0. Time of possession rarely is in Gilmer's favor.

Gilmer always lines up in the "swinging gate," initially for extra point attempts. If the opposing team does not defend the run, and it bothers a fan that the Buckeyes take the 2 points, tell the defense to defend! It really is that simple. Gets in your head, I can tell!

Raider Red
11-23-2009, 11:37 AM
Pawdaddy, La vega did defend it. Lined up just as they were supposed to and Gilmerstill went for two. And La Vega stopped it.
I don't think there is a credible defense for going for two when up 30-3.

tdsteele
11-23-2009, 11:47 AM
Why would you need a credible defense in going for two? This is the playoffs. Run it up. Leave no doubt. Send em away whining about it. Gilmer is going to try scoring 50 everytime they play. It is what they do. Line up and try to stop them. Or just give up and take the beating. Obviously, many do give up.

easttexas3a
11-23-2009, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by Raider Red
Pawdaddy, La vega did defend it. Lined up just as they were supposed to and Gilmerstill went for two. And La Vega stopped it.
I don't think there is a credible defense for going for two when up 30-3.

At halftime we were ahead 17-3, La Vega comes out and kicks an onside that they get but were called offsides for a penalty, they kick onsides again and Gilmer recovers. Gilmer marches the field and takes a 23-3 lead.

At 23-3 is when he went for it. I am sure the thought was, if they give a good chance to get the 2 point you take it, go up by 22 instead of 21 just in case La Vega scores and onsides the rest of the game. Which btw had LA Vega converted 2 or 3 of those things it might of been closer. Special teams was huge vs. La vega recovering 3 or 4 onside kicks and returning a punt for 6.

waterboy
11-23-2009, 12:28 PM
At halftime we were ahead 17-3, La Vega comes out and kicks an onside that they get but were called offsides for a penalty, they kick onsides again and Gilmer recovers. Gilmer marches the field and takes a 23-3 lead.

At 23-3 is when he went for it. I am sure the thought was, if they give a good chance to get the 2 point you take it, go up by 22 instead of 21 just in case La Vega scores and onsides the rest of the game. Which btw had LA Vega converted 2 or 3 of those things it might of been closer. Special teams was huge vs. La vega recovering 3 or 4 onside kicks and returning a punt for 6.
You are correct. That 2-point conversion attempt came after the 3rd TD, the first drive of the 3rd quarter when the game was still somewhat in doubt. This game could've been much worse had the officiating not called back 3 TDs and several large gains. By the same token, I'm sure La Vega had some gripes, too, as they had 2 TDs called back. I know it didn't change the outcome, but the officiating was horrific in this game! The side judges must've been blind because several times they spotted the WRONG player on a carry, giving the ball carrier 1 to 2 extra yards on the spot. I hope they don't get a chance to officiate another playoff game!:doh:

OldBison75
11-23-2009, 01:51 PM
As for the two point controversy--if you let them score the six on the touchdown--they can try for whatever they want. I mean, if you have allowed another score in the first place, don't get upset over one or two more points.

As for the game this week, The Navasota O-line has the size and speed to play with anyone. Two linemen are over 6'3" and over 250 and both are as good at the run and shoot basketball game the Rattlers play as they are at foorball. They have had dominate times this year and when the Rattlers decide to play power ball, that is when they are at thier best. The remainder of the line is pretty good sized too. As for overall team speed, I will match Navasota with anybody in the state except maybe Brookshire Royal. I am not discounting the Gimer speed, but if everybody runs an average of 4.8, they should be state track meet winners every year.

waterboy
11-23-2009, 02:19 PM
I am not discounting the Gilmer speed, but if everybody runs an average of 4.8, they should be state track meet winners every year.
No. A 4.8 in the 40 doesn't compute into a sub 11.0 in the 100, although there are a couple of players that are sub 11.0.:D Overall team speed is very good, though. I wouldn't doubt that the entire defense is sub 4.8 (maybe), though, but they are very small compared to every offense we've played. The funny thing about the offense is the speed is deceptive. Most of the time it looks as if the ball carriers are jogging because they are patient in waiting for blocks. Unless there is a completely clear path to the endzone, which is rare, they don't have to score on speed alone. The blockers are good about still blocking 30 or more yards downfield. So if anybody is not impressed with Gilmer's speed, they haven't watched them very closely.;) I think Navasota can match up with Gilmer very well speed-wise, but with their inconsistency on offense, and especially on defense, they will have an uphill battle against us. If Navasota can consistently keep the ball away from our offense and score when they have the ball, they have a shot at the upset. The difference in the game could boil down to whose defense plays better.:doh: It may be cliche', but it's the truth.:D

Superbacker 00'
11-23-2009, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
No. A 4.8 in the 40 doesn't compute into a sub 11.0 in the 100, although there are a couple of players that are sub 11.0.:D Overall team speed is very good, though. I wouldn't doubt that the entire defense is sub 4.8 (maybe), though, but they are very small compared to every offense we've played. The funny thing about the offense is the speed is deceptive. Most of the time it looks as if the ball carriers are jogging because they are patient in waiting for blocks. Unless there is a completely clear path to the endzone, which is rare, they don't have to score on speed alone. The blockers are good about still blocking 30 or more yards downfield. So if anybody is not impressed with Gilmer's speed, they haven't watched them very closely.;) I think Navasota can match up with Gilmer very well speed-wise, but with their inconsistency on offense, and especially on defense, they will have an uphill battle against us. If Navasota can consistently keep the ball away from our offense and score when they have the ball, they have a shot at the upset. The difference in the game could boil down to whose defense plays better.:doh: It may be cliche', but it's the truth.:D

I agree:iagree:

Superbacker 00'
11-23-2009, 02:48 PM
The only reason I think the rattlers have a good chance to win is because i have watched every snap this yr..last yr...and the yr before that.. but on paper i know why most people are not giving Navasota a "real chance" because the havent earned it. They have come out flat alot, and they have lost the tempo in alot of games. Its not just the players but also the coaching. So I'm giving the nod because Im part of Rattler Nation but i kid no one if they dont have there best night this yr they will get smashed just like everybody before them.. I know Gilmer is be consitant and Navasota Hasnt. So buckle up rattlers cause its gonna be well earned if you get the W

GTownballer
11-23-2009, 03:07 PM
What offense does Navasota run? Qb stats, mobile or not. How many rb's do you quys use, and who is leading rusher?

BuckeyeNut
11-23-2009, 04:13 PM
We have played teams that all they talked about was how big there Oline is and how there going to run it down are throat and how were not going to beable to stop them. So this is nothing new to here. One thing is you cant block what you cant catch. Bye the 2nd half there was 10 buckeyes hitting the ball carry and those big Oline men were 10 yards down field looking back with there hands out, asking what happened. I really am looking forward to Saturday i do hope Navasota can give us a good game. I would like to see the starters going all game. I dont see it this game.:D :D

GTownballer
11-23-2009, 04:23 PM
I'm try'n to get a feel, of what to expect out of Navasota,, what I can find is Navasota got by Silsbee by 1 point, I don't know the deatails of the game, if they had to come from behind, or they led the whole game, common opponents, or opponents of comparison are, Silsbee game with Jasper, and Silsbee game with Diboll,,, Gilmer absolutely killed Jasper, Jasper beat Silsbee 14-0, Diboll beat Silsbee 49-35, Diboll was killed by East Texas teams, and some of them 2A, needless to say Diboll would probably loose to Gilmer by atleast 50..But this is the playoffs and anything could happen right...........let's hope for a good game!

Buckeye1980
11-23-2009, 04:34 PM
This is gonna be a great game . I hope my Buckeyes can pull it out , I am not going to guarantee a victory or even predict one . I want the Bucks to win, no doubt about that, but there are more important things in life . We live in the greatest state in the greatest country in the world , and we should all be thankful that . Our Buckeyes have so much pressure on them , being picked from the preseason to win it all, seems anything would be disappointing ( and I am sure it will be ) but I read where Tommy Kimbrough (the former great Plano coach) once said if you have schedule a practice around a Thanksgiving dinner, than you have had a great year. I have had much happen to myself personally in the two months, I am thankful to be here and support my Buckeyes but I support Texas High School football as much as anything , but remember these are KIDS and the future of the world does not depend on the outcome .....all fans , Buckeyes and Rattlers alike ....COME EARLY, BE LOUD , AND STAY PROUD AND ABOVE ALL PRAY FOR SAFETY, OUR COUNTRY AND OUR TROOPS!

Larry Melton
GHS Class of 1980
Varsity record as a Buckeye 5-16-1 but loved every minute of it!

waterboy
11-23-2009, 04:49 PM
Actually, I think Jasper beat Silsbee by about 6 points on a last minute score, but I don't think you can compare those type of matchups because every team will match up differently. "On paper" it looks like the Buckeyes should win this one going away, but that doesn't mean they will. I look for a close game for at least 2-1/2 quarters, with the Buckeyes pulling away after that. I could be wrong, though, and this game could go several different scenarios with most of those being positive. It depends on how each team prepares, and how well they execute game day.:D :doh: There I go again with cliche's.

BuckeyeNut
11-23-2009, 04:54 PM
Here hoping Navasota play's DEFENSE like Waco did "2 Def lineman". Run Stump Run

easttexas3a
11-23-2009, 05:59 PM
I noticed that some teams have tried interesting looks the past couple of weeks. Jasper did something similar to that too a few times. I could tell though La Vega was just trying to keep eveyrthing in front of them. I wouldn't be surprised if thats the game plan for everyone we play, somehow try to keep everything in front of you and hope we make mistakes.

I think the offensive line and the running backs have done a tremendous job the first two playoff games, stump has been kept upright and the rushing attack has been very succesful.

GTownballer
11-23-2009, 06:03 PM
Actually, I think Jasper beat Silsbee by about 6 points on a last minute score, but I don't think you can compare those type of matchups because every team will match up differently. "On paper" it looks like the Buckeyes should win this one going away, but that doesn't mean they will. I look for a close game for at least 2-1/2 quarters, with the Buckeyes pulling away after that. I could be wrong, though, and this game could go several different scenarios with most of those being positive. It depends on how each team prepares, and how well they execute game day.:D :doh: There I go again with cliche's.

Lonestar Football.net says it was 14-0, but they could be wrong, all the others look right, plus their game simulator, has Gilmer winning 55-21, and it has been pretty accurate thus far! Don't know if you've checked it out or not, heck you can match up the 04 Buckeyes, with 83 D'field Tigers, and I think it will suprise ya!

GTownballer
11-23-2009, 06:07 PM
I noticed that some teams have tried interesting looks the past couple of weeks. Jasper did something similar to that too a few times. I could tell though La Vega was just trying to keep eveyrthing in front of them. I wouldn't be surprised if thats the game plan for everyone we play, somehow try to keep everything in front of you and hope we make mistakes.

I think the offensive line and the running backs have done a tremendous job the first two playoff games, stump has been kept upright and the rushing attack has been very succesful.

Yep, again like Mike Tyson says, everybody has a plan, until they get punched in the moouuufff. LOL..:crazy1:

HEMOTOXIC
11-23-2009, 06:52 PM
Can't wait til Saturday. All your questions will be answered.:D

Go Snakes!

Aesculus gilmus
11-23-2009, 07:05 PM
Can't wait til Saturday. All your questions will be answered.:D

Go Snakes!

I've got some questions.

(1) Do you have a person dressed up like a rattlesnake and, if so, do they have to slither up and down the sidelines or do they just walk around as if a snake had legs?

(2) Do you have an inflatable tunnel ending with a wide open snake mouth with huge fangs exposed?

(3) Is your home field ever referred to as the "Snakepit"?

I call this matchup "Pick Your Poison — Buckeyes or Rattlers."

HEMOTOXIC
11-23-2009, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus
I've got some questions.

(1) Do you have a person dressed up like a rattlesnake and, if so, do they have to slither up and down the sidelines or do they just walk around as if a snake had legs?

(2) Do you have an inflatable tunnel ending with a wide open snake mouth with huge fangs exposed?

(3) Is your home field ever referred to as the "Snakepit"?

Impatient.:D

LH Panther Mom
11-23-2009, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus
LOL! :D

1st and goal
11-23-2009, 07:31 PM
What's a Buckeye mascot look like?

LH Panther Mom
11-23-2009, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by 1st and goal
What's a Buckeye mascot look like?
A nut! :D

waterboy
11-23-2009, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
A nut! :D
:doh: Alright, now! Don't be talking about ol' Nutty!:eek:

:D

navscanmaster
11-23-2009, 09:58 PM
At least you guys don't run out of a giant constipated pirate like La Vega was doing last year.

OldBison75
11-23-2009, 10:01 PM
Now scanmaster, that was not nice----I know that pirate looked like he was really straining, but remember that he had a blower stuck up his rear and you would look funny if that happened to you.

navscanmaster
11-23-2009, 10:16 PM
Now scanmaster, that was not nice----I know that pirate looked like he was really straining, but remember that he had a blower stuck up his rear and you would look funny if that happened to you.

LOL at ourselves.:D

waterboy
11-23-2009, 10:24 PM
At least you guys don't run out of a giant constipated pirate like La Vega was doing last year.
:spitlol: My wife and daughters said that same exact thing when they saw it! My daughter asks, "Daddy, why do they have a pirate that looks like it's constipated and sitting on a pot?":D :doh: I couldn't help but bust out laughing!:D

navscanmaster
11-23-2009, 10:29 PM
:spitlol: My wife and daughters said that same exact thing when they saw it! My daughter asks, "Daddy, why do they have a pirate that looks like it's constipated and sitting on a pot?":D :doh: I couldn't help but bust out laughing!:D

They try to be such a hard and intimdating team, but, I mean, that pirate just cracks everyone up when they see it. Maybe we all just have the mind of a child!:p

navscanmaster
11-23-2009, 10:30 PM
Oh yeah, Go Rattlers!!!:clap:

buxfanatic
11-23-2009, 10:43 PM
Go bux Go

rockdale80
11-24-2009, 01:13 AM
Gilmer hasnt been tested all year. They cant handle a central texas team. And Buckeye80 drinks like a girl.

Superbacker 00'
11-24-2009, 08:10 AM
Navasota at times can run one of the best spread off. in the state we can pass, and run the option

BuckeyeNut
11-24-2009, 11:30 AM
You all are living in lala land. All year long no respect. Ranked #1 since preseason. Not one game even close and now you think just because you live in central Texas you have a chance. Well will see if you can score a TD on the JV in the 4th bc that is going to be your only chance.:D :D

BuckeyeNut
11-24-2009, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by rockdale80
Gilmer hasnt been tested all year. They cant handle a central texas team. And Buckeye80 drinks like a girl.

Hmmm not tested

I am sure yall would have been killed bye Dangerfield just like the Orange Bobcat Boys did.

OldBison75
11-24-2009, 12:37 PM
Black Flag and Rocket are half brothers. Both need to have enamas to clear out thier systems.

BuckeyeNut
11-24-2009, 12:58 PM
Black Flag and Rocket are half brothers. Both need to have enamas to clear out thier systems.

How can you say this game is going to be close when you just won your last game bye 1 point. Just make sure and be ready for the all claping

rockdale80
11-24-2009, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by Black Flag
Hmmm not tested

I am sure yall would have been killed bye Dangerfield just like the Orange Bobcat Boys did.

No team in the state was as overrated as Celina... Not even Brownwoo.

Gilmer is close though. ;)

OldBison75
11-24-2009, 01:19 PM
How can you say your team will win just because you won big in your last game? If your gonna aregue--use real logic. These two teams have never played and played no common opponents. We're all guessing with alot of homer mentality--but still guessing.

My guess is that both teams and coaches believe that this week will be the biggest game ofr both teams and that nothing is a given. My guess also is that whoever wins will know that they were in the toughest battle they have had all year. Based on that--I will continue to believe that the Rattlers will step up to a new level this week and find a way to win in the end.

Black Flag will see it completely different and if he did not I would say he was not a good fan of his team. But, no matter how either of us feel, it is the kids on the field that will make one of us right and I have raised three kids and know that you can never really predict how any kid will respond in any situation--you just hope for the best.

OldBison75
11-24-2009, 02:07 PM
By the way, there is a Meet and Greet thread on page 2 about this game, but nobody seems interested. I would love to meet some of you Gilmer people if you can find the time.

BuckeyeNut
11-24-2009, 02:19 PM
How can you say your team will win just because you won big in your last game? If your gonna aregue--use real logic. These two teams have never played and played no common opponents. We're all guessing with alot of homer mentality--but still guessing.

My guess is that both teams and coaches believe that this week will be the biggest game ofr both teams and that nothing is a given. My guess also is that whoever wins will know that they were in the toughest battle they have had all year. Based on that--I will continue to believe that the Rattlers will step up to a new level this week and find a way to win in the end.

Black Flag will see it completely different and if he did not I would say he was not a good fan of his team. But, no matter how either of us feel, it is the kids on the field that will make one of us right and I have raised three kids and know that you can never really predict how any kid will respond in any situation--you just hope for the best.

Every week Traylor lets the boys no that the team that they have to play is the toughest team they have played and they better be ready. My son comes home and tells me how much the coaches are on them. The coaches look at the games films on Saturday and Sunday and mark every mistake that is made and marks down that person and he has to work it off, after practice. Linemen that are holding and even if the refs dont call it and the coach sees it, running is in there furture. Hard work it what has gotten them were they are and hard work will get them to were they want to be.

waterboy
11-24-2009, 04:00 PM
Black Flag, I didn't know you had a son on the team.:clap: I know they'll be ready to bump some heads come Saturday.:clap:

rockdale80
11-24-2009, 04:19 PM
By the way, there is a Meet and Greet thread on page 2 about this game, but nobody seems interested. I would love to meet some of you Gilmer people if you can find the time.

Buckeye80 will probably join you but watch out for your cornhole....

He also watches figure skating instead of Football....

BuckeyeNut
11-24-2009, 04:27 PM
Black Flag, I didn't know you had a son on the team.:clap: I know they'll be ready to bump some heads come Saturday.:clap:

Yes you did, my freshman he got moved up to be a tackling dummy, but for that he gets to be on the sidelines.:D :D

HEMOTOXIC
11-24-2009, 10:07 PM
Back to the top!

navscanmaster
11-24-2009, 10:24 PM
Still stuck here in Longview, at least until Thursday. Nothing but Gilmer lovers here for some reason.:mad:

HEMOTOXIC
11-24-2009, 10:46 PM
Still stuck here in Longview, at least until Thursday. Nothing but Gilmer lovers here for some reason.:mad:

Well, hopefully you will be able to make the game on Saturday. We should have a good showing (fan support) just as last year against La Vega.

44INAROW
11-24-2009, 11:20 PM

does anyone have a picture of that constipated pirate? I assume they had it last year, but I don't recall seeing it..

bobcat4life
11-25-2009, 02:19 AM
Gilmer is the real deal. Nobody is gonna beat them. Gilmer 41 Navasota 14

easttexas3a
11-25-2009, 03:24 AM
http://www.youtube.com/user/gilmergreene#p/u/0/6dMyspcE_-w

that page there has some plays from the la vega game on it. think some other games are on it too, for the navasota fans who want to see a little bit of what gilmer looks like

ps. one of the videos shows the pirate of lavega lol

BuckeyeNut
11-25-2009, 09:17 AM

Go eat at Johnny Casseys it is GOOD!!!!

waterboy
11-25-2009, 09:22 AM
Yep, Johnny Cace's Seafood and Steakhouse is GOOD! If you're in the mood for a good burger, you might try Jucy's (2 locations) or the Butcher Shop. When I can't decide, I usually go to the Cotton Patch.:clap:

BuckeyeNut
11-25-2009, 09:51 AM
Yep, Johnny Cace's Seafood and Steakhouse is GOOD! If you're in the mood for a good burger, you might try Jucy's (2 locations) or the Butcher Shop. When I can't decide, I usually go to the Cotton Patch.:clap:

I go to my Grandmother's house if i want Cotton Patch Food :D :D

Fishermans Market is also very good.:D :D

waterboy
11-25-2009, 10:05 AM
I go to my Grandmother's house if i want Cotton Patch Food :D :D

Fishermans Market is also very good.:D :D
You're lucky to still have a living grandmother! Their food is pretty good, though.:clap:

poisoned10
11-25-2009, 10:56 AM
Due to me and my family visiting my Mom in Kentucky, we were forced to miss our 1st Buckeye game in SEVERAL years last week against La Vega. We thought that we were going to also miss this week's game against Navasota. In a small change of events, we are now leaving on Friday evening and driving 13 hours straight through the night and will get to be there!

As for the game this week . . .

I don't really know much about Navasota other than they have a tremendous QB and have been ranked for most of the year and apparently have great team speed. I'm not much on comparing past years teams, but last year's WO-S team was probably the fastest team I've seen in a VERY long time, and we were able to contain them. This year's Jasper team was fast and gladewater's Cory Davis is probably the fastest guy ever. (Slight exaggeration.) My point is, Gilmer has seen speed. Luckily, we are pretty quick ourselves.

Before the La Vega game, Gilmer has been near flawless when it comes to execution. Then we have 3 TD's called back. We won't be able to let that happen against Navasota and expect to win. They are going to have to play fully focused for 4 WHOLE quarters to get the win. Teams like Navasota worry me a lot. They have the speed, the talent and the O-line to knock us out.

I'll take Gilmer winning a close one . . .

waterboy
11-25-2009, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by poisoned10
Due to me and my family visiting my Mom in Kentucky, we were forced to miss our 1st Buckeye game in SEVERAL years last week against La Vega. We thought that we were going to also miss this week's game against Navasota. In a small change of events, we are now leaving on Friday evening and driving 13 hours straight through the night and will get to be there!

As for the game this week . . .

I don't really know much about Navasota other than they have a tremendous QB and have been ranked for most of the year and apparently have great team speed. I'm not much on comparing past years teams, but last year's WO-S team was probably the fastest team I've seen in a VERY long time, and we were able to contain them. This year's Jasper team was fast and gladewater's Cory Davis is probably the fastest guy ever. (Slight exaggeration.) My point is, Gilmer has seen speed. Luckily, we are pretty quick ourselves.

Before the La Vega game, Gilmer has been near flawless when it comes to execution. Then we have 3 TD's called back. We won't be able to let that happen against Navasota and expect to win. They are going to have to play fully focused for 4 WHOLE quarters to get the win. Teams like Navasota worry me a lot. They have the speed, the talent and the O-line to knock us out.

I'll take Gilmer winning a close one . . .
I KNEW you would come to your senses, and leave in time to catch the game!:clap: The family would just have to understand. ;) We need you at the game........you're our good luck charm.:D

navratbacker
11-25-2009, 08:02 PM
i keep hearin alot how the buckeyes r gonna run all over us. i just wanna see the game and let the boys on the field show us who really is the best squad....my opion though i believe that my rattlers will give their all and let it play out on the field...may the best team win and good luck the rest of the eay who ever wins.....

OldBison75
11-27-2009, 09:25 AM
In about 25 1/2 hours till this game starts and I'm ready to watch football. I still haven't heard anything about a M & G but I'm game. Safe travels to the fans and looking forward to a great game.

HEMOTOXIC
11-27-2009, 01:35 PM
Safe traveling to and from the game.

Good Luck!

Go SNAKES!

LE Dad
11-27-2009, 02:37 PM
2 great teams:clap: :clap: Good luck to both teams:D

lvbears32
11-27-2009, 04:00 PM
any1 got any scores???

martwayne
11-27-2009, 08:36 PM
You all are living in lala land. All year long no respect. Ranked #1 since preseason. Not one game even close and now you think just because you live in central Texas you have a chance. Well will see if you can score a TD on the JV in the 4th bc that is going to be your only chance.:D :D

because people say things like this is why i hope we beat the crap out of gilmer, and i want to win state

GO RATTLERS, BEAT THE BUCKEYES!!!!!!!!!!!
FEEL THE BITE GILMER

waterboy
11-27-2009, 10:19 PM
because people say things like this is why i hope we beat the crap out of gilmer, and i want to win state

GO RATTLERS, BEAT THE BUCKEYES!!!!!!!!!!!
FEEL THE BITE GILMER
Hey, martwayne.......he's just trying to psyche you out.:D I guess it's working.;) Believe me, the Buckeye players have a tremendous amount of respect for your Rattlers. Let's just say some of the Buckeye fans have a lot of confidence........but NOT overconfidence........okay, maybe a couple of 'em do.....:D Y'all have a safe trip tomorrow, ya hear?

OldBison75
11-27-2009, 10:45 PM
Looking forward to a great game tommorrow in Lufkin. Wishing for safe travel for both teams and fans and hope to see some of you at the game.

Let's get ready for some FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IHStangFan
11-27-2009, 10:46 PM
GO RATTLERS!!!! I love me some Snakes!!

navscanmaster
11-27-2009, 10:46 PM
Looking forward to a great game tommorrow in Lufkin. Wishing for safe travel for both teams and fans and hope to see some of you at the game.

Let's get ready for some FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sigh. Yeah, I hope I get done early enough in Longview to make it, but alas, something always happens when you are trying to get somewhere.:(

lulu
11-27-2009, 11:04 PM
Sigh. Yeah, I hope I get done early enough in Longview to make it, but alas, something always happens when you are trying to get somewhere.:(

Well me and Mr.lulu can swing by and pick you up. We'll be on te road by 10:30. That gives us plenty of stopping time if needed.

lulu
11-27-2009, 11:12 PM
Sigh. Yeah, I hope I get done early enough in Longview to make it, but alas, something always happens when you are trying to get somewhere.:( Your only 2 hours from
Lufkin.

Nursebetty
11-28-2009, 02:27 AM
GO RATTLERS.............a GOBBLER fan here pulling for you guys! Is there a way i can listen to ya'lls game on the net or radio??

Green Bling
11-28-2009, 08:55 AM
Are the Gobbler fans going to be able to follow this game online/radio? Can someone post a link, please?

Green Bling
11-28-2009, 09:15 AM
Answered my own question. Game will be on
www.gilmerbuckeyes.com/

LE Dad
11-28-2009, 10:29 AM
Has the potential to be a good game. All depends on Navasotas ability to slow down Gilmers offense. If they can keep it close going into the 4th the Rattlers could pull off an upset but if they lose control of the game in 3rd it will all snowball into a Buckeye victory. Its the playoffs and strange things happen. Good luck to both teams.