PDA

View Full Version : got a question about gilmer

martwayne
11-21-2009, 05:11 PM
just kinda wondering what kinda offense gilmer runs, and how there defense is. it seems like it is going to be gilmer vs. navasota since gilmer is up 37-3

martwayne
11-21-2009, 05:19 PM
i see people lokking at this thread but no answers, come folks help me out here someones gotta know something

trojan37
11-21-2009, 05:31 PM
The kind of offense you can't stop.

martwayne
11-21-2009, 05:37 PM
ok wanna be a smart *&% about it, fine, i'm from navasota and i hope we kick the hell outta gilmer. dont come at me with stats or that gilmer is a power house or anything eles like that we will see next week on the field.

GO RATTLERS, beat the you know what outta Gilmer

WOS87
11-21-2009, 05:38 PM
I'm pretty sure they run the spread. Calm down!

...and good luck!

:)

trojan37
11-21-2009, 05:39 PM
I'm not from Gilmer, and I'm just playing around. Don't get your panties in a bunch. I would like to see someone upset Gilmer, but I just don't see it happening. Good luck to ya.

martwayne
11-21-2009, 05:39 PM
thank you WOS87

martwayne
11-21-2009, 05:40 PM
ok my bad then heck yeah everyone needs to back the rattlers

gobbler grad
11-21-2009, 05:40 PM
any opponent will have their hands full...:thinking:

martwayne
11-21-2009, 05:41 PM
but any opponent can also win on any given day

Astrosdawg07
11-21-2009, 06:22 PM
Spread, and a great defense that will stop the run all day. Good speed on the both sides of the ball.

rolltider
11-21-2009, 09:03 PM
They are big and well coached. I did expect them to be faster. They handed it to La Vega and la Vega looked tired early in the game. The defense was very good,but not as fast as I had heard. The Offensive line was strong and controlled La Vega with ease. No doubt it will take a miracle to take them out of the play-offs.

gobblerfan02
11-21-2009, 09:05 PM
if so, they still have 3 more teams to answer to!

Buckeye1980
11-21-2009, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by martwayne
ok my bad then heck yeah everyone needs to back the rattlers

Run the spread on offense and 50 defense...and sorry but "everyone " will not back the rattlers

lulu
11-21-2009, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by Buckeye1980
Run the spread on offense and 50 defense...and sorry but "everyone " will not back the rattlers

Hey Buck friend. Went to see your team today. They did a great job. LaVega was just beat down and tired and Gilmer just kept bringing it. I was not impressed with LaVega's game much. All they did was run...up the middle....everytime. They did however have possession for the first 8 minutes of the game. Threw ...I think 4 or 5 passes which were actually pretty good but only one and then waited till late in the 4th to use the pass again. Stump stayed in til under 5 minutes in the 4th. He did a good job...got sacked a couple of times. Anyway I'm sure you have been updated.

Thought Navasota was very fortunate to outlast Silsbee last night.
Sounded to me like the best team got out scored. Was listening to the Navasota broadcast and they barely pulled it out.

Ok ....all the Snakes gonna jump me now. No disrespect guys...just telling it like I heard it.

When is the cath? PM me.

Ranger Mom
11-21-2009, 09:30 PM
Nothing against the Rattlers, but I have been wanting to see an Abilene Wylie/Gilmer match up all season....so I have to root for the buckeyes!!!

OldBison75
11-21-2009, 09:33 PM
That's okay MOM, but the Rattlers hope they can find a way to mess up your dream. If we pull it off, hope to see you at a Navasota vs Wylie final.

Buckeye1980
11-21-2009, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by lulu
Hey Buck friend. Went to see your team today. They did a great job. LaVega was just beat down and tired and Gilmer just kept bringing it. I was not impressed with LaVega's game much. All they did was run...up the middle....everytime. They did however have possession for the first 8 minutes of the game. Threw ...I think 4 or 5 passes which were actually pretty good but only one and then waited till late in the 4th to use the pass again. Stump stayed in til under 5 minutes in the 4th. He did a good job...got sacked a couple of times. Anyway I'm sure you have been updated.

Thought Navasota was very fortunate to outlast Silsbee last night.
Sounded to me like the best team got out scored. Was listening to the Navasota broadcast and they barely pulled it out.

Ok ....all the Snakes gonna jump me now. No disrespect guys...just telling it like I heard it.

When is the cath? PM me.

Tuesday t 4, I listened most of game on net, I got tired in 4th and dozed...just ran out of gas ( guess I was like LeVega!)

lulu
11-21-2009, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by Buckeye1980
Tuesday t 4, I listened most of game on net, I got tired in 4th and dozed...just ran out of gas ( guess I was like LeVega!)

Bless your heart...pun intended. I'll be praying for you.:D

lulu
11-21-2009, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Nothing against the Rattlers, but I have been wanting to see an Abilene Wylie/Gilmer match up all season....so I have to root for the buckeyes!!!

Gonna be a good one I think. I thought we were going to see a good one today but LaVega was just beat down from the consistancy of the Bucks. Gilmer just never gets rattled (pun) and keeps on keeping on.

I think Navasota will give them a good run and if Gilmers not on there A game they may take a hit.

martwayne
11-21-2009, 10:19 PM
i respect everything that everyone is saying on here, and as a true football fan in general i know to respect a team as high caliber as gilmer. i do this navasota is hungry(i know gilmer is hungry too) and this is the third year in row we have been this deep in the playoffs, and everyone on the team and in this town would love to get our first football state champ.(and yes i know that everyone in the playoffs wants that champ.) so to say this is not just another fan from another town talking, i know gilmer will be the favorite, and i also know they will be ready to play, but know this, navasota will be there and will be ready to bring it all day long.

FEAR THE RATTLER, STRIKE HARD, STRIKE FAST!!!!!!!
GO RATTLERS!!!!!!!!

Pawdaddy
11-21-2009, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by martwayne
i respect everything that everyone is saying on here, and as a true football fan in general i know to respect a team as high caliber as gilmer. i do this navasota is hungry(i know gilmer is hungry too) and this is the third year in row we have been this deep in the playoffs, and everyone on the team and in this town would love to get our first football state champ.(and yes i know that everyone in the playoffs wants that champ.) so to say this is not just another fan from another town talking, i know gilmer will be the favorite, and i also know they will be ready to play, but know this, navasota will be there and will be ready to bring it all day long.

FEAR THE RATTLER, STRIKE HARD, STRIKE FAST!!!!!!!
GO RATTLERS!!!!!!!!

My friend, I am afraid you will need blood pressure medication by the time next Saturday gets here. Our Buckeye faithful is not even thinking about stuff like the Tinker's Dang Hex and such yet and you're already in a snit. This is gonna be fun!!!!!!

Mojado
11-21-2009, 11:44 PM
Good season for Caldwell and be proud... but... Gilmer is loaded... Too much for the hornets... Just my opinion

Gilmer wins it all....

OldBison75
11-21-2009, 11:55 PM
MO put down the margaritas and pay attention---Gilmer is playing Navasota and Caldwell is playing Carthage. Now you may believe both Navasota and Caldwell will lose, but at least get the insults right.

Mojado
11-22-2009, 12:01 AM
:D :D :D

Mojado
11-22-2009, 12:03 AM
Both Caldwell and Rattlers lose... Time for another round...:D

plpsftball
11-22-2009, 10:06 AM
Great game Gilmer. I am a LV fan and i was going into this game not expecting to win, but our coaches gave us zero chances of winning with the same play over and over. Good luck the rest of the year. Time to bring out the roundballs

lulu
11-22-2009, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by plpsftball
Great game Gilmer. I am a LV fan and i was going into this game not expecting to win, but our coaches gave us zero chances of winning with the same play over and over. Good luck the rest of the year. Time to bring out the roundballs
Was that coach scared or what?
good gosh man....what's up with that? i told my husband in the 3rd quarter that I could coach that team better. in my opinion LV had some talent but it was not on the sidelines. that coach needs some help. sorry for the non capital letters but my hands has a wrap on today. shook that noise maker too much yesterday.

Buckeye80
11-22-2009, 05:11 PM
Was that coach scared or what?
good gosh man....what's up with that? i told my husband in the 3rd quarter that I could coach that team better. in my opinion LV had some talent but it was not on the sidelines. that coach needs some help. sorry for the non capital letters but my hands has a wrap on today. shook that noise maker too much yesterday.

I counted seven plays total that they ran all game. And I would venture a guess that 70% of the time, they ran that little toss counter play up the middle even when they were 3rd and long.

lulu
11-22-2009, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by Buckeye80
I counted seven plays total that they ran all game. And I would venture a guess that 70% of the time, they ran that little toss counter play up the middle even when they were 3rd and long.

it was bad. i never saw a game that i truly thought the coach lost but he sure helped lose that one. not that the bucs needed help but ....good grief...give it a shot.

Buckeye80
11-22-2009, 05:20 PM
it was bad. i never saw a game that i truly thought the coach lost but he sure helped lose that one. not that the bucs needed help but ....good grief...give it a shot.

The reason we shut them down after the first drive is that we adjusted to that toss counter. And when that turned out to be pretty much the only play they ran, we shut their offense down completely until the backups got in in the 4th.
Gonna be a whole different ballgame this week! Spread vs spread should make for about a 6 hour game!:D

Aesculus gilmus
11-22-2009, 07:56 PM
not that the bucs needed help

No, the "bucs" needed LOTS of help.

It's the Bucks or Bux, as I see our nickname spelled, that didn't need help.

I actually heard some La Vega fans shouting "Go Bucs" (short for Buccaneers/Pirates, of course). Or they could have been cheering for Gilmer. I should have asked them to spell it. :D

Buckeye80
11-22-2009, 07:59 PM
When Tristan was returning the punt, one LaVega fan stood up and applauded during the run. I thought that was funny.:D

injuredinmelee
11-22-2009, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by trojan37

thats just funny right there... but SOOOO TRUE!!!

Buckeye80
11-22-2009, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
thats just funny right there... but SOOOO TRUE!!!

But haven't you heard? Liberty Hill stopped it in 07!:D

gobbler grad
11-22-2009, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by trojan37

exactly!!!!!!!!!:D

navscanmaster
11-22-2009, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus
No, the "bucs" needed LOTS of help.

It's the Bucks or Bux, as I see our nickname spelled, that didn't need help.

I actually heard some La Vega fans shouting "Go Bucs" (short for Buccaneers/Pirates, of course). Or they could have been cheering for Gilmer. I should have asked them to spell it. :D

Funny thing I noticed, both La Vega and Gilmer bands have a number they do before kickoffs and on defense with deep bass and tubas. Kind of intimidating from a band.:eek:

Buckeye80
11-22-2009, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
Funny thing I noticed, both La Vega and Gilmer bands have a number they do before kickoffs and on defense with deep bass and tubas. Kind of intimidating from a band.:eek:

But they have to play all their songs before the 4th quarter! That's usually when the band members throw the pads on and get on the field.:D