PDA

View Full Version : Breckenridge fires HC & AD

BreckTxLonghorn
11-21-2009, 12:16 PM
At least that's what I hear in the rumor mill.

Sad day to be a Buckaroo. I don't agree with this at all. But I guess this is what happens when you hire a superintendent nicknamed the "Terminator". :(

slpybear the bullfan
11-21-2009, 12:28 PM
Man, I would be very SAD to hear this.

grahampaw
11-21-2009, 12:50 PM
This whould be STUPID.Why whould you fire a great coach that just didnt have the numbers to compete.Not when your going down and the playing field will be equel.Fire the Super and keep the coach!

Inmateboss
11-21-2009, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn

Sad day to be a Buckaroo. I don't agree with this at all. But I guess this is what happens when you hire a superintendent nicknamed the "Terminator". :(

I'm not a real fan of ya'lls super anyways. he is the one that threw a TURD in the punch bowl and terminated our tailgating party at ya'lls house. everyone else was awesome and very helpful. Nobody has a winning season every year, and Breck will be back!!!

Terminate The Terminator

STANG RED
11-21-2009, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by grahampaw
This whould be STUPID.Why whould you fire a great coach that just didnt have the numbers to compete.Not when your going down and the playing field will be equel.Fire the Super and keep the coach!

DITTO!!!

HornetMom
11-21-2009, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Inmateboss
I'm not a real fan of ya'lls super anyways. he is the one that threw a TURD in the punch bowl and terminated our tailgating party at ya'lls house. everyone else was awesome and very helpful. Nobody has a winning season every year, and Breck will be back!!!

Terminate The Terminator

What!!!!????? :confused: :confused:

Gobbla2001
11-21-2009, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by HornetMom
What!!!!????? :confused: :confused:

The Terminator = Super = Breckenridge's Superintendent... he didn't like Graham tailgating there so he ruined it = threw the turd in the punchbowl... the other people in Breckenridge seemed to be pretty helpful...

some people don't like him and think he needs to be terminated

cr180t
11-21-2009, 01:59 PM
Sorry to hear this.

Z-RO
11-21-2009, 02:28 PM
WOW..you have to have time to build a program up. No offense to the Breck people but this program has been in the gutter for a long time now and change just isnt going to happen over night.

Looking4number8
11-21-2009, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by grahampaw

I agree, it was very hard for them to compete in any sport in this district with the numbers they have!

Rustler
11-29-2009, 03:54 PM

Terminate The Terminator

Is it true that a Graham Booster member paid $500 dollars to someone to move the party into their yard? Are you sure Breck made them stop? was there adult beverages? what?

Johnny Utah
11-29-2009, 03:55 PM
Breck Head Football/AD job was posted earlier in the week on THSCA.

VWG
11-29-2009, 04:17 PM
Fambrough got shafted.
It's not just the supt., you gotta include that school board in Breckenridge too.
Holding on to the "golden years" is hurting this program at the admin level.

markp08
11-29-2009, 04:38 PM
WOW!!!! I don't understand this. From everything I've heard about Fambrough, he's a great coach who is coaching in a tough district with no kid count and few athletes.

Is there something else going on here? If not, I think this is a mistake if he's being let go solely on his win/loss record.

Rustler
11-29-2009, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by VWG
Fambrough got shafted.
It's not just the supt., you gotta include that school board in Breckenridge too.
Holding on to the "golden years" is hurting this program at the admin level. Sounds like it! Hear the SUP is the problem. Coach is better off moving on now!

Z-RO
11-29-2009, 04:42 PM
Was this his 1st or 2nd season?

slingshot
11-29-2009, 04:56 PM
Fambrough's biggest mistake was taking this stinker of a job in the first place... nice guy/good coach--got the shaft. Knute Rockne reincarnated couldn't have have won in that situation. Maybe Hugh will hire him on as an assistant... :thinking:

Inmateboss
11-29-2009, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by Rustler
Is it true that a Graham Booster member paid $500 dollars to someone to move the party into their yard? Are you sure Breck made them stop? was there adult beverages? what?

No it was $50.00 and it was not asked for we offered it for the use of the front yard, and we really had a good time and thank him very much along with the super nice lady across the street. I'm the one that talked to the cops, and another board member talked to the AD and was told the Super said to shut it down and leave the parking lot! No adult beverages allowed at any of our school functions, PERIOD. Law enforcement was provided by and at no expense to the Booster club.

Rustler
11-29-2009, 05:14 PM
No it was $50.00 and it was not asked for we offered it for the use of the front yard, and we really had a good time and thank him very much along with the super nice lady across the street. I'm the one that talked to the cops, and another board member talked to the AD and was told the Super said to shut it down and leave the parking lot! No adult beverages allowed at any of our school functions, PERIOD. Law enforcement was provided by and at no expense to the Booster club. Let me see if I have this right?? Graham went to Breck for a ballgame? took food, No adult beverages, just to support their team? No Fight? AND BRECK SUP made you shut it down? You are kidding? If not under what grounds did he make you stop? And you paid $50 to move to a front yard?

Snydertigersrul
11-29-2009, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by Z-RO
Was this his 1st or 2nd season?

This was his second season

slingshot
11-29-2009, 09:48 PM
No it was $50.00 and it was not asked for we offered it for the use of the front yard, and we really had a good time and thank him very much along with the super nice lady across the street. I'm the one that talked to the cops, and another board member talked to the AD and was told the Super said to shut it down and leave the parking lot! No adult beverages allowed at any of our school functions, PERIOD. Law enforcement was provided by and at no expense to the Booster club. That is funny... way to go!

Steer81
11-29-2009, 10:13 PM

Was the Coach really that bad? And I also got it from our newspaper guy he (superintendent) went around that night yelling at anyone who was wearing red or blue about that tailgate party

Inmateboss
11-30-2009, 12:12 AM
Let me see if I have this right?? Graham went to Breck for a ballgame? took food, No adult beverages, just to support their team? No Fight? AND BRECK SUP made you shut it down? You are kidding? If not under what grounds did he make you stop? And you paid $50 to move to a front yard?

Yes you have it right, we had a Graham police officer (me), SO Investigator, and the Sheriff there I 'll guarantee you there were no adult beverages,no fights, the cops did come and tell us to turn down the music, we have a killer sound system and we do jam at football games :D . We were asked to leave because we didn't ask permission! We had about 75 people there and had just started serving food, so we went to the house that sits right behind the parking lot and told the man we would give him $50 bucks if we could use his yard to finish feeding everyone and he said sure, then a nice lady from across the street came over and said we could park cars and what ever we needed at her house. We had a good time do to some real nice people in Breckenridge.

GO BUCKS!!!!

skins4life
11-30-2009, 12:30 AM
Yes you have it right, we had a Graham police officer (me), SO Investigator, and the Sheriff there I 'll guarantee you there were no adult beverages,no fights, the cops did come and tell us to turn down the music, we have a killer sound system and we do jam at football games :D . We were asked to leave because we didn't ask permission! We had about 75 people there and had just started serving food, so we went to the house that sits right behind the parking lot and told the man we would give him $50 bucks if we could use his yard to finish feeding everyone and he said sure, then a nice lady from across the street came over and said we could park cars and what ever we needed at her house. We had a good time do to some real nice people in Breckenridge.

GO BUCKS!!!!

It's really a shame when a man of his age (?) has to show just how much "authority" he has to folks from out of town. It sounds to me like he just needed a big 'Ole "HUG" and you folks from Graham couldn't read between the lines;) ;)

:2thumbsup :2thumbsup to the Breckenridge people who are what TEXAS is all about. Sounds to me like they could be some long lost family.

SWMustang
11-30-2009, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by Steer81
Was the Coach really that bad? And I also got it from our newspaper guy he (superintendent) went around that night yelling at anyone who was wearing red or blue about that tailgate party

Rumor has it, the supt. was the real problem at the school.

Rustler
11-30-2009, 09:33 AM

GO BUCKS!!!! :thinking: IF AND PLEASE READ IF: everything you state is as it happened (You turned your music down, No adult Bevs, No fights or missconduct etc) AND the Breckenridge School or people etc MADE you stop your tailgatting? THen the people of Breck should not allow this to go unanswered for! And by that I mean FIRE the SUP NOW and re-hire the coach (if he would consider it). That is ASHAME! If I were the coach that just got let go I would not let the sun go down before I was packed and out of there. If i were a coach looking for a job I would turn and RUN from this one until they fired the current SUP! The Breck Athletes deserve better from their Administration, School Board etc. This Story is simply hard to believe.:thinking: If there are BRECK people on here please tell us the other side?

BreckTxLonghorn
11-30-2009, 09:56 AM
:thinking: IF AND PLEASE READ IF: everything you state is as it happened (You turned your music down, No adult Bevs, No fights or missconduct etc) AND the Breckenridge School or people etc MADE you stop your tailgatting? THen the people of Breck should not allow this to go unanswered for! And by that I mean FIRE the SUP NOW and re-hire the coach (if he would consider it). That is ASHAME! If I were the coach that just got let go I would not let the sun go down before I was packed and out of there. If i were a coach looking for a job I would turn and RUN from this one until they fired the current SUP! The Breck Athletes deserve better from their Administration, School Board etc. This Story is simply hard to believe.:thinking: If there are BRECK people on here please tell us the other side?

I think I'm the only Breck poster here, and I live in Austin, so everything I have is limited or rumor. Unfortunately, the firing was accurate due to it being on thsca and tasa. I don't know much about the new sup other than he came in after the previous one retired, he's from Navasota, and he's trying to have a bond election in the spring to update school facilities. Maybe the Navasota people can give some background on him.

Rustler
11-30-2009, 09:58 AM
I think I'm the only Breck poster here, and I live in Austin, so everything I have is limited or rumor. Unfortunately, the firing was accurate due to it being on thsca and tasa. I don't know much about the new sup other than he came in after the previous one retired, he's from Navasota, and he's trying to have a bond election in the spring to update school facilities. Maybe the Navasota people can give some background on him. Thanks Any corrections to the "Tailgate" story from Brecks point of view?:thinking:

BreckTxLonghorn
11-30-2009, 09:59 AM
Thanks Any corrections to the "Tailgate" story from Brecks point of view?:thinking:

Never heard there was a tailgate issue in the first place. I'm pretty out of the loop except on big things.

OldBison75
11-30-2009, 10:34 AM
I am from Navasota and find this amazing. The supt., that left here for Breck over the summer, Jennings Teel, was a big supporter of the athletic program here and a former coach before he got into admin. When we opened our new stadium a couple of years ago, he encouraged tailgating and even walked around the parking lot and visited with the different tailgating groups each week. Visiting schools were allowed to tailgate also on thier side and it was monitored by the local police. They would get upset by loud music and adult beverages, but they handled it with friendly warnings and there were never any problems.

If this did happen the way described, I wonder if this was Mr. Teel and if he was responding the way he has been directed to do by the School Board. I can't imagine that he would act that way, unless the school board had ordered it. He like to be among the people and loves to visit the tailgaters and sneak some food for himself.

Rustler
11-30-2009, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by OldBison75
I am from Navasota and find this amazing. The supt., that left here for Breck over the summer, Jennings Teel, was a big supporter of the athletic program here and a former coach before he got into admin. When we opened our new stadium a couple of years ago, he encouraged tailgating and even walked around the parking lot and visited with the different tailgating groups each week. Visiting schools were allowed to tailgate also on thier side and it was monitored by the local police. They would get upset by loud music and adult beverages, but they handled it with friendly warnings and there were never any problems.

If this did happen the way described, I wonder if this was Mr. Teel and if he was responding the way he has been directed to do by the School Board. I can't imagine that he would act that way, unless the school board had ordered it. He like to be among the people and loves to visit the tailgaters and sneak some food for himself. OldBison Thanks for that info. I cant believe there is not more to the story than what is written? The only Breck poster knows nothing......not a big deal to him.......my point is it is a big deal as it pertains to the treatment given to the coach which was just let go? Always two sides to every story........some say the Sup is the problem maybe as you mention it is a school board issue? Either way cant believe a visiting team would be treated the way it is written?

BreckTxLonghorn
11-30-2009, 12:07 PM
OldBison Thanks for that info. I cant believe there is not more to the story than what is written? The only Breck poster knows nothing......not a big deal to him.......my point is it is a big deal as it pertains to the treatment given to the coach which was just let go? Always two sides to every story........some say the Sup is the problem maybe as you mention it is a school board issue? Either way cant believe a visiting team would be treated the way it is written?

Hey I'm right here. Don't have to talk like I'm ignoring everything. I never said it wasn't a big deal, or not even an issue. Remember, I'm the one who posted it, and as a rumor nonetheless. Living 4 hours away, I can't really get every little detail like I could if I was at the coffee shop every morning, and when I went home for Thanksgiving, not one person mentioned the tailgate issue; the big talk was that the coach was re-assigned and an explanation hasn't really been given. I'm sorry the tailgating issue is a bigger deal to you than the coaching issue, but I don't see how a superintendent's reaction to it pertains to his treatment of a coach? The whole point in bringing this story to life was about the coaches, who directly affect the student-athletes, who are the most important factor in all of this. So pardon me if I don't know everything about a tailgate and how it reflects on the school, and I don't ask the few people I know about it. In the grand scheme of things, the tailgating is the least important factor in all of this.

Deuce
11-30-2009, 12:10 PM
Hey I'm right here. Don't have to talk like I'm ignoring everything. I never said it wasn't a big deal, or not even an issue. Remember, I'm the one who posted it, and as a rumor nonetheless. Living 4 hours away, I can't really get every little detail like I could if I was at the coffee shop every morning, and when I went home for Thanksgiving, not one person mentioned the tailgate issue; the big talk was that the coach was re-assigned and an explanation hasn't really been given. I'm sorry the tailgating issue is a bigger deal to you than the coaching issue, but I don't see how a superintendent's reaction to it pertains to his treatment of a coach? The whole point in bringing this story to life was about the coaches, who directly affect the student-athletes, who are the most important factor in all of this. So pardon me if I don't know everything about a tailgate and how it reflects on the school, and I don't ask the few people I know about it. In the grand scheme of things, the tailgating is the least important factor in all of this.

WELL SAID!!

95mustang
11-30-2009, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by OldBison75
I am from Navasota and find this amazing. The supt., that left here for Breck over the summer, Jennings Teel, was a big supporter of the athletic program here and a former coach before he got into admin.

Coach Teel is the Supt.?

Maybe he wants to take over the football program. :D

Rustler
11-30-2009, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by VWG
Fambrough got shafted.
Holding on to the "golden years" is hurting this program at the admin level.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sad day to be a Buckaroo. I don't agree with this at all. But I guess this is what happens when you hire a superintendent nicknamed the "Terminator".

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
No it was $50.00 and it was not asked for we offered it for the use of the front yard, and we really had a good time and thank him very much along with the super nice lady across the street. I'm the one that talked to the cops, and another board member talked to the AD and was told the Super said to shut it down and leave the parking lot! No adult beverages allowed at any of our school functions, PERIOD. Law enforcement was provided by and at no expense to the Booster club.
BreckTxLonghorn not sure how my post communicated you were ignoring etc....simply you stated you hadnt heard and you are out of the loop except for "big things". Your words not mine. My apologies...was not intended that way. The quotes above may show a pattern is all....Program (Coaches, Athletes and community) will never get respect, from anyone, if this pattern continues. Shaft a new coach.....Shaft a neighboring team......etc etc seems to be a pattern? AND yes if this pattern continues it will shaft next years team and so on and so on. Breck is getting the short end already by numbers vs other teams they play......dont need to be fighting school board and terminator sup. Thats my only point! :(

GreenMonster
11-30-2009, 01:30 PM
I cant believe there is not more to the story than what is written? The only Breck poster knows nothing......not a big deal to him...... Being neutral, I kind of thought this could be viewed as being a little abrasive. I think BreckTxLonghorn certainly took it as being abrasive. You make it sounds as if it's more that the situation doesn't concern him so it's no big deal to him more than he lives 4 hours away and just had little knowledge about the incident. Just saying. By the way, Gents, no need for a pissing contest here, I think you both are on the same side here.

GreenMonster
11-30-2009, 01:41 PM
Also, not to throw anyone under the bus or talk out of turn here, but Fambrough was booed heavily in the Hirschi game and the fans went so far as to turn their backs on the sideline everytime the Bucks threw a pass. I'm thinking they were less than impressed with Fambrough's pass happy offense. I also know that the guys that worked under him at Seymour prior to his arrival in Breck were pretty thrilled that he chose to move on, claim he was rather difficult to work for. Sometimes coaches and schools/communities are just not a good fit for one another. Seems to be the case here. You guys can say he was fired unjustly and that he lost because of a lack of numbers, but you never know what the inside story is. I don't think that there are just a whole lot of Breck fans that are heart broken over this firing and I think the Super is catching some undue heat as well. I can't speak for the tailgate party, sounds a bit like someone over-reacted and the Steer faithful handled it in stride and with dignity. Just remember, sometimes good people make a fool of themselves too, it's just human nature.

FBAML
11-30-2009, 08:28 PM
Not cool to spread stuff that isn't true. When Fambrough left Seymour, two Seymour coaches went with him to Breckenridge. One went West to be closer to his Girlfriend. One of the ones that went to Breckenridge was offered the head job in Seymour but chose to go with Fambrough. I don't think that the staff was more than six, but could be mistaken. Doesn't sound like that he was too hard to work for with this happening. Maybe the only ones who thought that didn't share his views. I know that he had to take the coaches that were there and was only allowed to bring one in. Maybe he just tried to get them to do their job and they didn't want to. Who knows, but it's not cool for you to make these statements.
As far as the pass happy offense, I believe the fans got to see the other offense also. How many passes were thrown during district this year? It didn't matter as they were outclassed in the athlete department. They did not have the speed to play with the people they played.
As far as people in Semour being thrilled that he was moving on--you may have been, but I would guess that the majority were mad at him for leaving. Ask the kids that played for him how they felt about him. After all, coaches are in it for the kids, not the fans.
There were approximately 16 kids in football when Fambrough was hired at Breckenridge. Find out how many are in the program now. The kids wouldn't play if they weren't being treated right.
In my opinion Fambrough has been treated very poorly by being let go after getting through the two years and when Breckenridge is finally going 2A, they will let someone else reap the benefits. Let the new coach play Abilene Wylie, Graham, Brownwood, Snyder and Sweetwater in non district and see how he does.

Rustler
11-30-2009, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
Being neutral, I kind of thought this could be viewed as being a little abrasive. I think BreckTxLonghorn certainly took it as being abrasive. You make it sounds as if it's more that the situation doesn't concern him so it's no big deal to him more than he lives 4 hours away and just had little knowledge about the incident. Just saying. By the way, Gents, no need for a pissing contest here, I think you both are on the same side here.

Then don't try to make it a pissing contest...Gent

OldBison Thanks for that info. I cant believe there is not more to the story than what is written? The only Breck poster knows nothing......not a big deal to him.......my point is it is a big deal as it pertains to the treatment given to the coach which was just let go? Always two sides to every story........some say the Sup is the problem maybe as you mention it is a school board issue? Either way cant believe a visiting team would be treated the way it is written?

First above is a copy and paste of my ENTIRE POST not a portion.
What I posted was his words not mine.

I should have written "more to the story than what is written" about the tailgate issue and coach being dissmissed!

I should have written "The only Breck poster knows nothing" about the tailgate issue or Sup needing to be fired or etc.

I did write "MY POINT IS" didnt reference anything about any other point from anybody else!

COULD be viewed as being abrasive? Much of what I read on this post is or COULD be abrasive!

The rest of what you write is just :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah:

Rustler
11-30-2009, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by FBAML
Not cool to spread stuff that isn't true. When Fambrough left Seymour, two Seymour coaches went with him to Breckenridge. One went West to be closer to his Girlfriend. One of the ones that went to Breckenridge was offered the head job in Seymour but chose to go with Fambrough. I don't think that the staff was more than six, but could be mistaken. Doesn't sound like that he was too hard to work for with this happening. Maybe the only ones who thought that didn't share his views. I know that he had to take the coaches that were there and was only allowed to bring one in. Maybe he just tried to get them to do their job and they didn't want to. Who knows, but it's not cool for you to make these statements.
As far as the pass happy offense, I believe the fans got to see the other offense also. How many passes were thrown during district this year? It didn't matter as they were outclassed in the athlete department. They did not have the speed to play with the people they played.
As far as people in Semour being thrilled that he was moving on--you may have been, but I would guess that the majority were mad at him for leaving. Ask the kids that played for him how they felt about him. After all, coaches are in it for the kids, not the fans.
There were approximately 16 kids in football when Fambrough was hired at Breckenridge. Find out how many are in the program now. The kids wouldn't play if they weren't being treated right.
In my opinion Fambrough has been treated very poorly by being let go after getting through the two years and when Breckenridge is finally going 2A, they will let someone else reap the benefits. Let the new coach play Abilene Wylie, Graham, Brownwood, Snyder and Sweetwater in non district and see how he does. :clap: :clap: As I have said before there must be more to the letting this coach go than is written. FBAML Thanks for the info. Nevertheless this coach should run from this job under the current situation.

Ranger Mom
11-30-2009, 10:38 PM
Being neutral, I kind of thought this could be viewed as being a little abrasive. I think BreckTxLonghorn certainly took it as being abrasive. You make it sounds as if it's more that the situation doesn't concern him so it's no big deal to him more than he lives 4 hours away and just had little knowledge about the incident. Just saying. By the way, Gents, no need for a pissing contest here, I think you both are on the same side here.

I took it exactly as you did GM.....like BreckTxLonghorn didn't give a crap!!

Rustler
11-30-2009, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I took it exactly as you did GM.....like BreckTxLonghorn didn't give a crap!! :thinking: Didnt "give a crap" about what?:thinking:

Ranger Mom
11-30-2009, 11:04 PM
:thinking: Didnt "give a crap" about what?:thinking:

To me...my opinion...your post made it sounded like because BreckTxLonghorn didn't live there any more, then he really didn't care any more either!!

BreckTxLonghorn
11-30-2009, 11:16 PM

What I posted was his words not mine.

COULD be viewed as being abrasive? Much of what I read on this post is or COULD be abrasive!

......not a big deal to him.......

you posted my words but not my context. When I said only big things, I meant in the grand scheme of things. A tailgate being shut down is a lot less likely to get to me down here than a Coach being fired. I thought that was obvious; apparently it wasn't. So, then, your rhetoric made it seem like I didn't think any of this was an issue. [I] that's[I] why I took it as abrasive. And apparently I wasn't the only one.

Either way the horse is dead; let us all stop beating it and move on.

GreenMonster
11-30-2009, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I took it exactly as you did GM.....like BreckTxLonghorn didn't give a crap!! I don't think Rustler or FBAML bothered to actually read either of my posts. I think they are only interested in hearing everyone agree with their view of this situation. I know several of the guys on staff at Seymour that worked for him there, all said he was difficult to work for. FACT, that is what they told me directly. That's not hearsay. Baseball coach left to go west. One assistant that went to Breck with him came to Seymour with him. Also FACT. Not saying he's a bad guy or that he doesn't put the kids first just that he wants things done a certain way. Being difficult to work for doesn't mean you are a bad coach just means you are a type A personality and apparently the Super is also a type A personality that wants things done a certain way (read: can be difficult to work for) and the super is higher on the food chain. Guess who's going to lose. It is also a fact that the Breck fans were the ones that turned their back to the sidelines after every pass in the Hirschi game. I know because I was there and saw it in person. As far as my comment that I doubt many Breck fans are broken hearted over his firing, that's pure speculation but from the comments I was hearing in the stands very feasable. Like I did say in my original post though, sometimes a coach and a community/school are simply not a good fit for one another. David Fambrough will land on his feet and go on with his coaching career. It's just part of the business. Maybe I was a little too vague in my original post, but it certainly wasn't the charachter assassination that you guys are trying to turn it into. Fambrough is a dang good football coach that didn't get to where he was by accident. Things just didn't work out this time. Don't read too much into it.

Inmateboss
12-01-2009, 12:26 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Rustler
:thinking: IF AND PLEASE READ IF: everything you state is as it happened (You turned your music down, No adult Bevs, No fights or missconduct etc) AND the Breckenridge School or people etc MADE you stop your tailgatting? THen the people of Breck should not allow this to go unanswered for! And by that I mean FIRE the SUP NOW and re-hire the coach (if he would consider it). That is ASHAME! If I were the coach that just got let go I would not let the sun go down before I was packed and out of there. If i were a coach looking for a job I would turn and RUN from this one until they fired the current SUP! The Breck Athletes deserve better from their Administration, School Board etc. This Story is simply hard to believe.:thinking: If there are BRECK people on here please tell us the other side? [/QUOTE

Side note: we turned the music off and loaded it all back in the trailer!!!

Inmateboss
12-01-2009, 12:41 AM
Also, not to throw anyone under the bus or talk out of turn here, but Fambrough was booed heavily in the Hirschi game and the fans went so far as to turn their backs on the sideline everytime the Bucks threw a pass. I'm thinking they were less than impressed with Fambrough's pass happy offense. I also know that the guys that worked under him at Seymour prior to his arrival in Breck were pretty thrilled that he chose to move on, claim he was rather difficult to work for. Sometimes coaches and schools/communities are just not a good fit for one another. Seems to be the case here. You guys can say he was fired unjustly and that he lost because of a lack of numbers, but you never know what the inside story is. I don't think that there are just a whole lot of Breck fans that are heart broken over this firing and I think the Super is catching some undue heat as well. I can't speak for the tailgate party, sounds a bit like someone over-reacted and the Steer faithful handled it in stride and with dignity. Just remember, sometimes good people make a fool of themselves too, it's just human nature.

I agree and was just throwing my 2cents in, and probably should have just kept it in my pocket, as I have never met the man and I do apologize, it worked out just fine and the man that helped us out got a little gas money to boot, Water under the bridge.

Z-RO
12-01-2009, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by FBAML
In my opinion Fambrough has been treated very poorly by being let go after getting through the two years and when Breckenridge is finally going 2A, they will let someone else reap the benefits. Let the new coach play Abilene Wylie, Graham, Brownwood, Snyder and Sweetwater in non district and see how he does.

I have a nephew in Seymour and he was upset that Fambrough left. Heard all of the kids liked him a lot. Considering that there were rumors a few years ago that Breckenridge wouldnt be able to field a football team because of the lack of numbers I would think that Fambrough was doing a pretty decent job.

Also wasnt there a big ordeal that went down when he was first hired? Didnt the committe decide on somebody else, and the board rejected their decision in favor of Fambrough?

No offense, and I am not trying to stereotype a whole town...but Breckenridge people in general make me :mad:

Rustler
12-01-2009, 09:31 AM
No not looking for someone to "just" agree or tell me I am right. MAYBE some are just wanting to take issue.......WHY? Dont Know? Below is a copy and paste of my post as soon as it was brought to my attention that MY post was taken differently than intended:

BreckTxLonghorn not sure how my post communicated you were ignoring etc....simply you stated you hadnt heard and you are out of the loop except for "big things". Your words not mine. My apologies...was not intended that way. The quotes above may show a pattern is all....Program (Coaches, Athletes and community) will never get respect, from anyone, if this pattern continues. Shaft a new coach.....Shaft a neighboring team......etc etc seems to be a pattern? AND yes if this pattern continues it will shaft next years team and so on and so on. Breck is getting the short end already by numbers vs other teams they play......dont need to be fighting school board and terminator sup. Thats my only point!

So for those that either didnt see the above or chose to not read it: BRECKTXLONGHORN I APOLOGIES that my post gave the wrong impression. IT WAS NOT INTENDED THAT WAY. All this for the second time!
At this point I will agree with an earlier post....Dead Horse and After this I refuse to ride. Good Luck Breckenridge Athletes I hope a good resolution finds its way to your program. Sincerely hope whatever the obstacles are they are removed soon.
Coach Fam Good Luck to you and your family may you land firmly on both feet.