PDA

View Full Version : Region 4 Division 1 Quarterfinals - Cuero Gobblers vs Ingleside Mustangs

Pages : [1] 2

44INAROW
11-21-2009, 10:46 AM
Who wins.. Cuero 12 - 0 or Ingleside 11-1

Friday, November 27, 7:30 pm, Heroes Stadium, San Antonio

Sub Poll - how many "funny - Let's Have Gobbler Leftovers" signs will we see? :D

IHStangFan
11-21-2009, 10:51 AM
Gobblers, I've been cheering you on all year......but I have to abandon ship this week on ya. Sorry!

GO MUSTANGS!!

SintonFan_inAustin
11-21-2009, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW

Sub Poll - how many "funny - Let's Have Gobbler Leftovers" signs will we see? :D ahh its that time of year :D

Ingleside has some experience skill players that i think can matchup with Cuero but Ingleside secondary will have to step up their game in this one against Cuero passing attack. I think Cuero will come out strong in the latter part of the game to put this one away. i root for both teams in this game :)

Cuero 42 Ingleside28

GreenMachine
11-21-2009, 10:59 AM
I don't know a thing about Ingleside other than where the town is. Who are their playmakers? Are they BIG? Are they fast? I need INSIGHT!!!:D

CueroDad08
11-21-2009, 11:07 AM
This is a game were the speed will really show up.
I think the Gobblers are on a mission this year with what happend in the off-season. They are truly ONE TEAM who plays each game one game at a time. This being said, This is a good team that has grown so close as Best friends. I truly think with great play and lady luck on our side at times to go along with #22 looking down on us. This team can do something they will never forget.

big daddy russ
11-21-2009, 12:00 PM
The last two (only two???) meetings we've had ('95 and '05), the Gobblers have outscored us 100-31. It's been ugly.

It looks like we finally have the talent to make a game of it. I'm not going to predict a score, but I will say that I wish this was being played on Saturday.

Highschoolfan78
11-21-2009, 12:02 PM
Is there a location yet?

99IHSMustang
11-21-2009, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
The last two (only two???) meetings we've had ('95 and '05), the Gobblers have outscored us 100-31. It's been ugly.

It looks like we finally have the talent to make a game of it. I'm not going to predict a score, but I will say that I wish this was being played on Saturday.

I agree every time we have played Cuero they have had our number. They always field a great football team. Every poll / newspaper will more than likely pick us to loose, but we have the athletes to be competitive. If we can't slow them down then we have to make sure to control the clock and keep scoring. We did an excellent job of getting into the backfield early and often against Bandera and if we can do the same against Cuero, we stand a chance. I will be rooting for the Mustangs. The stadium they will be playing in is literally about 10 minutes from my house. I passed it on my way home from Floresville and let me tell you it is nice!!!

99IHSMustang
11-21-2009, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by Highschoolfan78
Is there a location yet?

Yes it is at S.A. Heroes Stadium, 7:30 p.m. Friday

big daddy russ
11-21-2009, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by GreenMachine
I don't know a thing about Ingleside other than where the town is. Who are their playmakers? Are they BIG? Are they fast? I need INSIGHT!!!:D
Their girlfriends are big and will beat you to the buffet table everytime.

There are a few videos up on KRIS TV's website if you want to check them out.

Old Green
11-21-2009, 12:23 PM
anybody know who the home team is ?

sinton legacy77
11-21-2009, 12:23 PM
CUERO: as much as they want!
ingleside: 14

29-3aFAN
11-21-2009, 12:40 PM
Much easier game to predict I think. Cuero by 25

Highschoolfan78
11-21-2009, 01:06 PM
Good luck Gobblers. Just be careful..I doubt anyone needs reminders of Port Isabel '94. However, I think this Gobblers team has their minds straight and are on a mission.

SintonFan
11-21-2009, 01:27 PM
I think Ingleside will surprise a few of you.;)

SintonFan_inAustin
11-21-2009, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by 99IHSMustang
I agree every time we have played Cuero they have had our number. They always field a great football team. Every poll / newspaper will more than likely pick us to loose, but we have the athletes to be competitive. If we can't slow them down then we have to make sure to control the clock and keep scoring. We did an excellent job of getting into the backfield early and often against Bandera and if we can do the same against Cuero, we stand a chance. I will be rooting for the Mustangs. The stadium they will be playing in is literally about 10 minutes from my house. I passed it on my way home from Floresville and let me tell you it is nice!!! no question this time around they have the players offensively . Inlgeside defensively pretty solid against the run also but the secondary will get tested in this one and could be difference if they can force some incompletes.

44INAROW
11-21-2009, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
I think Ingleside will surprise a few of you.;)
Not me, I've been keeping up with them. I bet they have the full attention of Coach Reeve and his coaches/team. Should be a great game and in your neck of the woods- you gonna make an appearance?

bulldog82
11-21-2009, 01:56 PM
cuero........ dont agree to officials for the rio grand valley chapter! they dont know what holding is. ingleside does it very good.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-21-2009, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by bulldog82
dont agree to officials for the rio grand valley chapter! they dont know what holding is. ingleside does it very good. :ack!:

99IHSMustang
11-21-2009, 02:04 PM
cuero........ dont agree to officials for the rio grand valley chapter! they dont know what holding is. ingleside does it very good.

Here we go with the excuses. As a matter of fact Bandea had way more penalty yards than we did including some unsportsmanlike calls.

bulldog82
11-21-2009, 02:05 PM
banderas oc made some bad decisions with a hobbeled Qb/

XtremeCouture
11-21-2009, 02:19 PM
The only people ingleside will surprise are the ones thinking they can hang with Cuero. Cuero will run away with this one. Sealy had an awesome team and the teams down south have almost always proven to be weak and doubt thiS year will be any different

Gobbla2001
11-21-2009, 02:42 PM

http://img697.imageshack.us/img697/6981/banwine.png

GreenMachine
11-21-2009, 02:43 PM
Ingleside is obviously a very good ballclub looking at their record and what they did to Bandera. BUT, not sure if they can hang with Cuero. Cuero exposed a Sealy team that was tops in their district. Just too many weapons for Ingleside to deal with IMO. Cuero by at least 2 td's. :thumbsup:

99IHSMustang
11-21-2009, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by XtremeCouture
The only people ingleside will surprise are the ones thinking they can hang with Cuero. Cuero will run away with this one. Sealy had an awesome team and the teams down south have almost always proven to be weak and doubt thiS year will be any different

I am not going to argue that when South Texas teams make it 3 rounds deep we do have problems winning against teams like Cuero, Sealy,... etc. Have you seen Ingleside play this year?

sinfan75
11-21-2009, 03:23 PM
Cuero wins by 35.

bulldog82
11-21-2009, 03:29 PM
Here we go with the excuses. As a matter of fact Bandea had way more penalty yards than we did including some unsportsmanlike calls. emotions get the best of any player when your getting cheated on the field. not making excusses, ingleside probly would have beat us anyway without the help of the refs. ingleside coaches were stupid to have starters in , in the 4th anyway, then get bent out of shape when late hits occure. if your Qb didnt want to get hit .....take him out. not last second slides and running out of bounds....... roughing the passer when you throwing for the end zone......come....on...man'!

99IHSMustang
11-21-2009, 03:36 PM
emotions get the best of any player when your getting cheated on the field. not making excusses, ingleside probly would have beat us anyway without the help of the refs. ingleside coaches were stupid to have starters in , in the 4th anyway, then get bent out of shape when late hits occure. if your Qb didnt want to get hit .....take him out. not last second slides and running out of bounds....... roughing the passer when you throwing for the end zone......come....on...man'!

So now you result to calling coaches "stupid". Sounds like your letting your emotions get the best of you. At any rate just because the starters on offense were still in late in the 4th doesn't make it ok for the opposing team to make late hits.

44INAROW
11-21-2009, 03:39 PM
Ingleside beat Bandera - Congrats to Bandera on a good season. Let's take that talk somewhere else, OK.

maroonpirate04
11-21-2009, 03:42 PM
Gotta go with Cuero, The Gobblers have the tradition of not getting eaten after Thanksgiving. They been the strongest team in Region 4 in this decade. Unless the Mustangs can find a way to stampede the Gobblers. It's gonna be a tough game for the Mustangs

bulldog82
11-21-2009, 03:48 PM
Ingleside beat Bandera - Congrats to Bandera on a good season. Let's take that talk somewhere else, OK. whatever, sorry to steal you thunder, im backing you cuero, was just commemtimg that ingleside isnt all that without thier refs, take care of busiess cuero, represent region 4 well , now ill get off your thread

44INAROW
11-21-2009, 03:59 PM
whatever, sorry to steal you thunder, im backing you cuero, was just commemtimg that ingleside isnt all that without thier refs, take care of busiess cuero, represent region 4 well , now ill get off your thread

lol you're not stealing any thunder :) thanks for the support

CueroDad08
11-21-2009, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
no question this time around they have the players offensively . Inlgeside defensively pretty solid against the run also but the secondary will get tested in this one and could be difference if they can force some incompletes.

Again Cuero gets to go up against a "Solid" run D. And again the Gobblers will control the line and have there way with 250-300 yards on the ground. Look for the Gobblers to wair the Mustangs down and take this one . Load the box with 8 and you then get to see How well the Gobblers use the Air game.

Mean Green Fan
11-21-2009, 05:10 PM
Cuero by 21

Gobbler offense will be hard to stop.!!!

XtremeCouture
11-21-2009, 05:31 PM
at the beginning of the year i didn't think this team would do much of anything, but after watching them play last night (first time to see cuero play in 3 years) i was impressed by the intensity they came out with in the second half and they didn't commit very many penalties. TJ and tyler are definitely on another level from anyone they step on the field with. i'm predicting a 54-20 score because i know cuero will for sure miss at least 2 extra points after seeing their kicking game last night.

the following week with gilmer won't be much fun though. i just don't see why coach reeve feels comfortable leaving his secondary manned up without at least one safety covering the middle of the field. post routes will be open all night if your qb can hit them.

Ingleside Fan
11-21-2009, 06:27 PM
whatever, sorry to steal you thunder, im backing you cuero, was just commemtimg that ingleside isnt all that without thier refs, take care of busiess cuero, represent region 4 well , now ill get off your thread

Sore Loser!:rolleyes:

A sore loser is someone who loses in a fair competition but whines about it on a constant basis, blaming everyone around them for their loss except themselves.:D

Go Big Blue!

XtremeCouture
11-21-2009, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by Ingleside Fan

A sore loser is someone who loses in a fair competition but whines about it on a constant basis, blaming everyone around them for their loss except themselves.:D

Go Big Blue!

by the definition you can't really call him a sore loser. he's complaining about unfair conditions and even saying bandera still would have lost.

rodeo-rider
11-21-2009, 08:03 PM
Cuero wins big...too many guys for Arndt to go to...#3 for Cuero had a heck of of a night...don't think their best Mustang can hang with him...guess we will have to wait and see...:thinking: sure hope to make this game:)

good luck to both teams:cool:

Green Bling
11-21-2009, 11:25 PM
I'm scheming and planning on a way to get our out-of-town Non-Gobbler guests interested in going to the game Friday night. I'm thrilled they are coming, but also want to go to the game. Will take suggestions. :D
Gobblers will take care of business.

gobblerfan02
11-22-2009, 12:38 AM
seems like the stadium is at least in my neck of the woods! only 10 min from the apt!

banderafan
11-22-2009, 02:11 AM
Originally posted by Ingleside Fan

Go Big Blue!

I apologize for putting this response on the “Cuero/Ingleside” thread, but feel the need to respond to the “sore loser” comment. As a team we (Bandera Bulldogs) didn’t play our best against Ingleside Friday night, and Ingleside played a very good game. We were no where near as healthy as some/most posters may have thought, especially our QB-Hubble. Finishing 8-3 this season was an amazing feat considering all the injuries we suffered this season. I know every team has to deal with injuries, flu, grades, etc, but not with an average of 22-24 players playing on varsity any given Friday night. Bandera is the true definition of a TEAM. None of these young men EVER pointed fingers at each other during difficult times during games. The size of their hearts and will to win can not be measured. As a Bulldog fan (and father) I know I’m biased, but the officiating was poor to say the least. Again, taking nothing away from Ingleside, they played more than well enough to beat Bandera. Most posters taking the time to read or respond to this board are very emotionally tied to their teams. But “Sore losers” we are NOT!! I saw nothing but good sportsmanship and hard play from the Ingleside players, but can’t say the same for some Ingleside supporters/posters on this board.

12thMan
11-22-2009, 08:11 AM
What type of offense does Ingleside run and who are some key players?

Cuero will do what Cuero does on offense, and that's run the football or pass the football. Whatever the defense gives them, that's what they'll take.

BuckeyeNut
11-22-2009, 10:12 AM
I go with Cuero bc i want to play yall next week. Gobble Gobble:D :D :D

sinton66
11-22-2009, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by Black Flag
I go with Cuero bc i want to play yall next week. Gobble Gobble:D :D :D

Careful what you wish for.:D

Ingleside Fan
11-22-2009, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by banderafan
but the officiating was poor to say the least. Again, taking nothing away from Ingleside

Every time you say the officiating was poor, you attribute apart of a good win for the Mustangs to something other than fair competition. You are right that people on this board are emotionally attached their team and team players. We support Ingleside Mustangs and accept our defeats without blaming others. We look at ourselves and try to find away to improve our overall team, family and town. We continue to BELIEVE!

GreenMachine
11-22-2009, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by Black Flag
I go with Cuero bc i want to play yall next week. Gobble Gobble:D :D :D Cuero is concerned with Ingleside at the moment and Gilmer BETTER be concerned with Navasota. More than a few playmakers on that rattler team. BUT, if everything works its way out, Cuero will give Gilmer all they want :thumbsup:

sinton66
11-22-2009, 12:18 PM
Ordinarily, I would support our district teams. As much as I'd like for Ingleside to be successful, I just don't think they can "hang" with Cuero. Too much speed and too many weapons to choose from. This could easily turn out similar to the Cuero-Sealy match up.

SHSBulldog00
11-22-2009, 12:35 PM
Cuero wins they are the real deal in R4!

99IHSMustang
11-22-2009, 12:55 PM
Gotta give my daily... GO MUSTANGS!!

99IHSMustang
11-22-2009, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Ordinarily, I would support our district teams. As much as I'd like for Ingleside to be successful, I just don't think they can "hang" with Cuero. Too much speed and too many weapons to choose from. This could easily turn out similar to the Cuero-Sealy match up.

It's ok to be honest. I am pretty sure if any other of our teams in our district were facing Cuero this coming week the same would probably be said about them. We may not have the speed or the division 1 talent that they have, but nonetheless we are here in the 3rd roung playing against a top 5 team in the state. Our program has come a long way in the last 6 years and we are proud of the Mustangs.

12thMan
11-22-2009, 01:51 PM
It's ok to be honest. I am pretty sure if any other of our teams in our district were facing Cuero this coming week the same would probably be said about them. We may not have the speed or the division 1 talent that they have, but nonetheless we are here in the 3rd roung playing against a top 5 team in the state. Our program has come a long way in the last 6 years and we are proud of the Mustangs.

This is the playoffs!! Do I think Cuero will win? You better believe it. Cuero cannot and will not take this team lightly. Sealy was just another step in our journey in the playoffs. Even though the Sealy game was awesome, it was not the state championship game. We took care of business against Sealy and now the Gobblers have to stay focused and take care of business against Ingleside. Mustangs are in the 3rd round for a reason. Keep working hard Gobblers and Go Mean Green!!

pirate4state
11-22-2009, 01:52 PM
It's ok to be honest. I am pretty sure if any other of our teams in our district were facing Cuero this coming week the same would probably be said about them. We may not have the speed or the division 1 talent that they have, but nonetheless we are here in the 3rd roung playing against a top 5 team in the state. Our program has come a long way in the last 6 years and we are proud of the Mustangs. Yep, no one giving either of us a chance this week, but we'll show up just the same. ;)

44INAROW
11-22-2009, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by 12thMan
This is the playoffs!! Do I think Cuero will win? You better believe it. Cuero cannot and will not take this team lightly. Sealy was just another step in our journey in the playoffs. Even though the Sealy game was awesome, it was not the state championship game. We took care of business against Sealy and now the Gobblers have to stay focused and take care of business against Ingleside. Mustangs are in the 3rd round for a reason. Keep working hard Gobblers and Go Mean Green!!

that's right! I guarandamntee you that Coach Reeve will keep the team focused and on task this week. Like 12th Man said - Ingleside iis n round 3 for a reason. Stay focused Gobblers and continue to take care of busines.

GO MEAN GREEN :)

SintonFan_inAustin
11-22-2009, 02:11 PM
Both teams have several weapons offensively, seen both and they'll both going to be hard to stop offensively. Look forward to seeing this game on Friday. Good luck to both teams.

Gobbla2001
11-22-2009, 02:46 PM
Ingleside is in round 3 for a reason.

http://img697.imageshack.us/img697/50/charlierefs.jpg

pirate4state
11-22-2009, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
http://img697.imageshack.us/img697/50/charlierefs.jpg :spitlol: :spitlol: :spitlol:

oh man...

99IHSMustang
11-22-2009, 02:58 PM
http://img697.imageshack.us/img697/50/charlierefs.jpg

:eek:

That is just wrong.

44INAROW
11-22-2009, 03:04 PM
99IHS you said you live in the area of the stadium, right? What, in your opinion is the best way to get there coming in from 1604?

gobblerfan02
11-22-2009, 03:15 PM
99IHS you said you live in the area of the stadium, right? What, in your opinion is the best way to get there coming in from 1604? It'll be easier to go on in and take 410 N to where it turns into 35, then exit off thousand oaks to the left!

99IHSMustang
11-22-2009, 03:19 PM
99IHS you said you live in the area of the stadium, right? What, in your opinion is the best way to get there coming in from 1604?

If your going NE on 1604 towards I-35, your going to get onto I-35 which would be on your left. You then keep following I-35 until you see the exit for Thousand Oaks. and the stadium should be on your left.

Here is a map just in case you are taking another route.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=4799+Thousand+Oaks+Dr,+San+Antonio,+tx&sll=29.535874,-98.395019&sspn=0.00316,0.006952&ie=UTF8&ll=29.536574,-98.394574&spn=0.006319,0.013905&z=17&g=4799+Thousand+Oaks+Dr,+San+Antonio,+tx&iwloc=addr

44INAROW
11-22-2009, 03:20 PM
thanks both of you :)

99IHSMustang
11-22-2009, 03:27 PM
Dang Gobbla2001. This is what I feel you just did to us.

http://www.oddtodd.com/turkey3/images/jive%20turkey.jpg

Gobbla2001
11-22-2009, 03:38 PM
haha

bulldog82
11-22-2009, 06:36 PM
medina valley vs tivy at 3, cuero vs ingleslide at 7:30 , ill be there to watch that! go gobblers!!!!!!!!!!!

bulldog82
11-22-2009, 06:44 PM
http://img697.imageshack.us/img697/50/charlierefs.jpg now thats funny there i dont care who you r!

IHStangFan
11-22-2009, 07:02 PM
cuero........ dont agree to officials for the rio grand valley chapter! they dont know what holding is. ingleside does it very good. Yeah....if Bandera would have gotten a holding call or two.....they might have.....nah...no they wouldn't have....3TD deficit....w/ one of your TDs being on Ingleside's backups.....come on now man. :doh:

IHStangFan
11-22-2009, 07:13 PM
http://img697.imageshack.us/img697/50/charlierefs.jpg LMAO!!! That's outstanding.....

Looks like Coach H has put on a little weight though. :D

Phil C
11-22-2009, 07:20 PM
It will be a well played close game but I think Cuero will win by 3 points.

bulldog82
11-22-2009, 07:28 PM
lets go cuero, shut them up. cuero has way better weapons to pick this team apart and expose their weaknesses. if they dont get a hold of your recievers youll burn them all night. their line is big and protects well, but soft, keep them off your legs and watch the take downs around the corners , so just keep pounding them, theyll ware down. have good short yardage with their size. but respect the pass. they should give yall good warm up for next round, just take care of business. gooooooooo mean greeeeeeeeen!

SintonFan_inAustin
11-22-2009, 08:28 PM
lets go cuero, shut them up. cuero has way better weapons to pick this team apart and expose their weaknesses. if they dont get a hold of your recievers youll burn them all night. their line is big and protects well, but soft, keep them off your legs and watch the take downs around the corners , so just keep pounding them, theyll ware down. have good short yardage with their size. but respect the pass. they should give yall good warm up for next round, just take care of business. gooooooooo mean greeeeeeeeen! :D accept your loss and you'll feel much better, just think how bad your team would lose to Cuero if Ingleside loses since the Mustangs put a beating on yall.

bulldog82
11-22-2009, 09:23 PM
i have moved on, can i not give insite and support another team without you beating your drum about how great yall are?

SintonFan
11-22-2009, 11:39 PM
Ingleside can compete and win against Cuero. Their offensive weapons are about as good as Cuero's are for HS football. They need to play their best defensive game of the season to win.

GO MUSTANGS!!!
:clap: :clap: :clap:

IHStangFan
11-22-2009, 11:51 PM
i have moved on, can i not give insite and support another team without you beating your drum about how great yall are? :blahblah: :thmbdwn:

99IHSMustang
11-23-2009, 12:25 AM
Ingleside can compete and win against Cuero. Their offensive weapons are about as good as Cuero's are for HS football. They need to play their best defensive game of the season to win.

GO MUSTANGS!!!

Thanks for the vote of confidence SintonFan. :thumbsup: Unfortunately those who think Ingleside has a chance are far outnumbered by those who don't, but the Mustangs will show up and play hard for 4 qtrs.

SintonFan
11-23-2009, 12:29 AM
Thanks for the vote of confidence SintonFan. :thumbsup: Unfortunately those who think Ingleside has a chance are far outnumbered by those who don't, but the Mustangs will show up and play hard for 4 qtrs.

We all have opinions...:D
I do think Ingleside is as good if not better than Sealy.:eek:

SintonFan
11-23-2009, 12:36 AM
Not me, I've been keeping up with them. I bet they have the full attention of Coach Reeve and his coaches/team. Should be a great game and in your neck of the woods- you gonna make an appearance?

Sorry, but I have to finish the setup of my Christmas Display 2009(just bought another 13,000 blue lights today to finish it lol) and do sequencing for the show this year, which is so very late. I'd love to go to the game but I guess my priorities are skewed.:D

Nursebetty
11-23-2009, 03:19 AM
OMG.........i am so enjoying reading all these posts! And look, its barely Monday and already 6 pages! This is gonna be one POWERFUL game on both sides...wow! Mean Green, stay focused, disciplined and keep on getting better...you guys make up one awesome, talented, focused, (did i say awesome?! ) TEAM.....yes TEAM. Our guys work together in an alliance, stronger than ever! I know you can do it GOBBLERS.........just stay focused, and play hard. What i witnessed Friday night (against a good Sealy team)..... was
another fine example of TRUE GOBBLER FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO MEAN GREEN FIGHTIN' MACHINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CueroDad08
11-23-2009, 06:51 AM

GO MUSTANGS!!!

Looking at each of Inglesides games this year and what kind of offense and points they have put up, Yes Sintonfan they can play with Cuero I do agree. They can pass and run with the best. This game will be a very close one. I just wish other fans would take the time to study what the Mustangs have done and they would think twice about this being some kind of blow out. Most of the time I am not far off my predictions. I will have to go with my Gobblers. 48-35

bbfan2010
11-23-2009, 09:38 AM
I see ingleside pullin the upset. People don't give that line enough credit they held bandera to maybe one sack but thats it. And their Qb was outstanding, they have a good recieving core. And the defense dominated against Bandera.

Ingleside 28
Cuero 14

99IHSMustang
11-23-2009, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by bbfan2010
I see ingleside pullin the upset. People don't give that line enough credit they held bandera to maybe one sack but thats it. And their Qb was outstanding, they have a good recieving core. And the defense dominated against Bandera.

Ingleside 28
Cuero 14

Ingleside's QB (Hull) has always maintained his composure while inside and outside the pocket. Like you said, that wouldn't be possible without the O line. Our Defense has been playing outstanding as well.

GO MUSTANGS!!

44INAROW
11-23-2009, 09:50 AM
Gonna be another Long "short" week :D

I read somewhere that there is another game before the Cuero/Ingleside game. That should make for "fun" in the parking lot as the Cuero fans like to get to the stadium early :)

warrior12
11-23-2009, 09:59 AM
I dont see the GOBBLERS being stopped or even slowed down.

Cuero +21

bleacherbum
11-23-2009, 10:42 AM
Ingleside 28
Cuero 14

You obviously have not seen Cuero play this year. I think the bus would have to break down with the offense on board for the Gobblers to be held to just 14.

JT44
11-23-2009, 11:36 AM
This year's Gobblers are different. They are very methodical and deliberate on offense. The defense is smart and makes good adjustments. The O-line is dominant in the second half of games, they seem to get up to another level.
The drives to start the 2nd half have been executed perfectly. Pound the ball with the run to set up the pass and vice versa. No more wr screens and bubble screens, the TE is used much more. This is the type of gameplan Gobbler fans have been wanting to see for the last 6 years.

I can't say or pretend to know anything about Ingleside, but I do know that any team Cuero faces from now on might have to hang 50 to win.

Ingleside Fan
11-23-2009, 11:41 AM
I haven't said this today!

Go Big Blue!

Show what your made of! Prove the Naysayers wrong!!

12thMan
11-23-2009, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by CueroDad08
Looking at each of Inglesides games this year and what kind of offense and points they have put up, Yes Sintonfan they can play with Cuero I do agree. They can pass and run with the best. This game will be a very close one. I just wish other fans would take the time to study what the Mustangs have done and they would think twice about this being some kind of blow out. Most of the time I am not far off my predictions. I will have to go with my Gobblers. 48-35

I think your right cuerodad. Don't think just because we beat Sealy we can go all the way. We have some more work to do this week against the Mustangs. Ingleside is here for a reason.

What type of offense does Ingleside run and who are some stand out players?

44INAROW
11-23-2009, 11:59 AM
GO MEAN GREEN

rojosgirl
11-23-2009, 12:11 PM
Ah, it's playoff time in Texas. Grumblings still abound by those who will be watching games instead of playing in them. Comments of teams being overrated are STILL being heard around the state. And yet, there are a few groups of young men left playing the game that they love a day or two after that annual turkey dinner. They have been working hard since the summer sun was beating down on them in August. They practiced through the rains that came during early fall. They step on the field each week ,proud to wear their team colors and represent their school and community. And they do the best job a 16 or 17 year old boy can do week in and week out. Let's give them the credit and respect they deserve and applaud their efforts.

I too, believe the Gobblers are on a mission this year. After loosing their teammate, their brother,their friend, the Gobblers came together as a team like they have never done before. Like a band of brothers who will fight till the end. CP22 is physically gone from us, but his spirit will live on in the hearts of many. And right now, many of those hearts wear the Gobbler green on Friday night as they take the field behind a green flag that bears his #22 on it. These young men want to bring a state championship to Cuero for many reasons. But right about now, I think they want to make CP22 proud of them. He looks down upon them daily and pushes them on. On through the pain, and the troubles of the day. They do what they for for him, among others. They are driven by desire.

As mid-December approaches, the Gobbler faithful along with others will turn their thoughts to the holiday season that approaches. Maybe by then they will also be able to celebrate a state championship. And the life of our "Gobbler in the Sky" -- Cole Thomas Pargmann.

JT44
11-23-2009, 12:16 PM
well said rojosgirl

rojosgirl
11-23-2009, 12:19 PM
And by the way -- GO MEAN GREEN!

44INAROW
11-23-2009, 12:20 PM
Well said Rojosgirl. :clap: :clap:

rojosgirl
11-23-2009, 12:35 PM
Thanks! It's pretty easy when it comes from the heart.

bleacherbum
11-23-2009, 12:37 PM
Great post Rojosgirl. Couldn't have said it any better.

99IHSMustang
11-23-2009, 12:52 PM
I think your right cuerodad. Don't think just because we beat Sealy we can go all the way. We have some more work to do this week against the Mustangs. Ingleside is here for a reason.

What type of offense does Ingleside run and who are some stand out players?

Ingleside runs the spread for the most part. They can pass as equally well as they can run. Some of the standout offensive players are Brian Hull (QB), Raydell Perez (RB), Dale Fabacher (RB/WR), David McHugh (WR/DB). I don’t know many of the names of those on Defense, but we have a couple as well. Just like Cuero, Ingleside puts it all together as a TEAM. Without the O line these players wouldn’t be as successful. The Defense has made the stops when necessary.

12thMan
11-23-2009, 02:50 PM
Just like Cuero, Ingleside puts it all together as a TEAM.

There's no other way to play game. Individual talent only takes you so far, a team that sticks together and plays together goes a long way. We have had some great Gobbler teams in the past 5 or 6 years, but this team is so different. They are teaching us something. They're teaching us that when you work together as a team, you can accomplish great things. We didn't have but 1 returning starter on defense and 4 on offense, but you can't tell.

That's one reason why I cheer them on so hard at the game. That's why I push everyone else to cheer also. They have taught me so much by the way they have stuck together, through thick and thin, and by the way they trust each other.

And for the younger Gobblers on the sidelines, they are seeing what can happen to a team if they just play together as one body.

Rojosgirl, you said it perfectly.

Now let's keep this rolling Gobbler fans. Stay pumped and get ready to make some noise for the Gobblers.

Cowboy
11-23-2009, 03:40 PM
This is a game were the speed will really show up.
I think the Gobblers are on a mission this year with what happend in the off-season. They are truly ONE TEAM who plays each game one game at a time. This being said, This is a good team that has grown so close as Best friends. I truly think with great play and lady luck on our side at times to go along with #22 looking down on us. This team can do something they will never forget.

Cuero, CONGRATS on a big win over rival Sealy. Ingleside has good athletes; will play you toe to toe. Do not look past them after a big emotional win over Sealy. I believe you will wear them down in the 4th quarter.

Cuero by 14!

Green Bling
11-23-2009, 03:46 PM
12th Man, correct me if I'm wrong about this, but from where I was sitting Friday night, I thought the Gobbler Faithful did a pretty good job of making noise in the last 3 quarters. First quarter seemed too quiet, but thought crowd participation improved after that. On our end opposite from where Mr.Go Mean Green was standing, we couldn't hear him start the cheer. QB Mom helped, but we still aren't in sync.

Green Bling
11-23-2009, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by Cowboy
Cuero, CONGRATS on a big win over rival Sealy. Ingleside has good athletes; will play you toe to toe. Do not look past them after a big emotional win over Sealy. I believe you will wear them down in the 4th quarter.

Cuero by 14!

Thanks, Cowboy!!:D :D

Cowboy
11-23-2009, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by rojosgirl
Ah, it's playoff time in Texas. Grumblings still abound by those who will be watching games instead of playing in them. Comments of teams being overrated are STILL being heard around the state. And yet, there are a few groups of young men left playing the game that they love a day or two after that annual turkey dinner. They have been working hard since the summer sun was beating down on them in August. They practiced through the rains that came during early fall. They step on the field each week ,proud to wear their team colors and represent their school and community. And they do the best job a 16 or 17 year old boy can do week in and week out. Let's give them the credit and respect they deserve and applaud their efforts.

I too, believe the Gobblers are on a mission this year. After loosing their teammate, their brother,their friend, the Gobblers came together as a team like they have never done before. Like a band of brothers who will fight till the end. CP22 is physically gone from us, but his spirit will live on in the hearts of many. And right now, many of those hearts wear the Gobbler green on Friday night as they take the field behind a green flag that bears his #22 on it. These young men want to bring a state championship to Cuero for many reasons. But right about now, I think they want to make CP22 proud of them. He looks down upon them daily and pushes them on. On through the pain, and the troubles of the day. They do what they for for him, among others. They are driven by desire.

As mid-December approaches, the Gobbler faithful along with others will turn their thoughts to the holiday season that approaches. Maybe by then they will also be able to celebrate a state championship. And the life of our "Gobbler in the Sky" -- Cole Thomas Pargmann.

Rojosgirl, very well said. There are tons of kids around this big state of ours doing what Cuero did in their summer off-season and in the early fall. I promise you each and every coach wants to play after Thanksgiving. To go to the playoffs is something that is earned through blood, sweat, and tears. To get to the champioship game in any division it takes hard work, preparation by the coaches and kids, committment, and some luck here and there.

Great win over the Sealy and the best of luck to you and the Gobblers.

Mean Green Fan
11-23-2009, 04:12 PM
I see where trent Jackson is on the list for Dave Cambell's player of the week.
I voted for him and hope others do too.

GO MEAN GREEN!!

12thMan
11-23-2009, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by Green Bling
12th Man, correct me if I'm wrong about this, but from where I was sitting Friday night, I thought the Gobbler Faithful did a pretty good job of making noise in the last 3 quarters. First quarter seemed too quiet, but thought crowd participation improved after that. On our end opposite from where Mr.Go Mean Green was standing, we couldn't hear him start the cheer. QB Mom helped, but we still aren't in sync.

The fans did an awesome job on Friday night!! Mr. Spencer and I were proud of ya"ll. Keep up the good work.

Green Bling
11-23-2009, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by Mean Green Fan
I see where trent Jackson is on the list for Dave Cambell's player of the week.
I voted for him and hope others do too.

GO MEAN GREEN!!

Gobbler Fans, this is a really short week at school for posting for Trent. We'll have to take up the slack. You can vote frequently. It really is his turn to earn this honor. It looks good on a resume. :D Just go to this link.
http://www.texasfootball.com

gobbler grad
11-23-2009, 08:34 PM
one day closer to Friday...

GO MEAN GREEN...:clap:

Ingleside Fan
11-23-2009, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
one day closer to Friday...

GO MEAN GREEN...:clap:

On day closer to Turkey Day! Num Num!:D :D :D

Go Big Blue!:clap: :clap: :clap:

big daddy russ
11-24-2009, 02:05 AM
Originally posted by Green Bling
Gobbler Fans, this is a really short week at school for posting for Trent. We'll have to take up the slack. You can vote frequently. It really is his turn to earn this honor. It looks good on a resume. :D Just go to this link.
http://www.texasfootball.com
Vote submitted. Looks like he has a comfortable lead right now with 54% of the votes compared to 18% for El Paso Chapin RB Cori Sanchez, the second-highest vote-getter.

Looking forward to this one. Go Mustangs!

99IHSMustang
11-24-2009, 09:05 AM
I think I am going to leave a little extra room for the day after Thanksgiving turkey. :D

GO MUSTANGS!!!

12thMan
11-24-2009, 10:00 AM
Gobblers playing on Thanksgiving weekend yet again! We have heard all the turkey jokes in the world it seems like. I love it actually. What is Thanksgiving in Cuero without some Gobbler football. It's a tradition here in Cuero.

12thMan
11-24-2009, 10:29 AM
Come Saturday morning, Ingleside will wake up to this song.....

I heard from another thread this is also their warm-up music!!! LOL

12thman - I had to delete the link - the comments below it on Youtube are not board appropriate (I know you didn't even see them) but some folks do read the comments and it causes a "stir" sorry... 44inarow

99IHSMustang
11-24-2009, 10:34 AM
Come Saturday morning, Ingleside will wake up to this song.....
I heard from another thread this is also their warm-up music!!! LOL

Links no good, but I have a feeling I know what song you are talking about.

"It rubs the lotion on its skin, or else it gets the hose again"

:eek:

JT44
11-24-2009, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by Cowboy

Cuero by 14!

I think that's what is different about this team, the ability to still execute when they are tired and when it counts deep in the fourth quarter. They also seem to have better game management this year. Not wasting time getting plays in and being able to hold still on Tyler's hard counts deep into play clock.

99IHSMustang
11-24-2009, 11:41 AM
Gobblers playing on Thanksgiving weekend yet again! We have heard all the turkey jokes in the world it seems like. I love it actually. What is Thanksgiving in Cuero without some Gobbler football. It's a tradition here in Cuero.

I have to rib ya just a little, not because I don't respect your team but because its good to have some laughs. Unless someone gets seriously offended. :D

http://www.smilespedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/turkey-letter.jpg

gobble_up03
11-24-2009, 11:47 AM
I have to rib ya just a little, not because I don't respect your team but because its good to have some laughs. Unless someone gets seriously offended. :D

http://www.smilespedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/turkey-letter.jpg

cute :)

GO GOBBLERS!

FrmSTx
11-24-2009, 12:16 PM
This is the least talented cuero team i have seen in the last 10 years or so. That being said, they also play harder than the rest. I think this is the year that they win it all because they play so hard and don't depend on talent to make a big play.

this is all opinion

JT44
11-24-2009, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by FrmSTx
This is the least talented cuero team i have seen in the last 10 years or so. That being said, they also play harder than the rest. I think this is the year that they win it all because they play so hard and don't depend on talent to make a big play.

this is all opinion

I think you're right, minus Tyler, Trent, and Tanner. Those 3 are probably 3 of the top 10 players over the last 10 years.

bbfan2010
11-24-2009, 01:43 PM
I can't understand why bandera wants cuero to win. Ingleside was not dirty they played the game how it should have been played and we made a few errors. If we lost to someone in the playoffs wouldn't you want that someone to be to the eventual state champion!!!!!

Gobbler Fan
11-24-2009, 01:47 PM
Got my Tickets ....Friday cant get here soon enough

Does the ticket get you into the earlier game ?

99IHSMustang
11-24-2009, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by bbfan2010
I can't understand why bandera wants cuero to win. Ingleside was not dirty they played the game how it should have been played and we made a few errors. If we lost to someone in the playoffs wouldn't you want that someone to be to the eventual state champion!!!!!

Well maybe Ingleside can make believers out of some on Friday. :D

44INAROW
11-24-2009, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by Gobbler Fan

Does the ticket get you into the earlier game ?
I was wondering the same thing.. I wonder if parking is going to be a nightmare? I already know the answer to that :D

hollywood
11-24-2009, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by JT44
I think you're right, minus Tyler, Trent, and Tanner. Those 3 are probably 3 of the top 10 players over the last 10 years.

Sounds like triple T dynamite to me.

99IHSMustang
11-24-2009, 02:11 PM
I was wondering the same thing.. I wonder if parking is going to be a nightmare? I already know the answer to that :D

Thousand Oaks is going to be jam packed with cars. I will probably have someone drop me off. :D

pirate4state
11-24-2009, 02:31 PM
I was gonna go to this game to meet up with some of yall, but then I found out Devine/LG was also Friday night and in San Marcos, so I decided to go there instead. Now with all this talk of traffic & parking, I feel better about my decision, but will still miss yall. :D

Have fun & may the best team win!

gobble_up03
11-24-2009, 02:46 PM
Hard-core fans are unconcerned with parking, as long as they get to cheer on their GOBBLERS!!!

44INAROW
11-24-2009, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by gobble_up03
Hard-core fans are unconcerned with parking, as long as they get to cheer on their GOBBLERS!!!
I hear you! We are seriously thinking about going up in time for the early game - will have to see how things go. Either way - we'll be there.

sinton66
11-24-2009, 03:01 PM
I hear you! We are seriously thinking about going up in time for the early game - will have to see how things go. Either way - we'll be there.

Good chance I may too.;)

44INAROW
11-24-2009, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Good chance I may too.;)

you got my cell #, right?

oh - since we're thinking about going lol WHO is playing before Cuero vs Ingleside?

Gobbler Fan
11-24-2009, 03:19 PM
Class 4A Division II Region IV

Kerrville Tivy (7-4) vs. Medina Valley (11-1), 3 p.m. Friday, Heroes Stadium

Class 3A Division I Region IV

Cuero (12-0) vs. Ingleside (11-1), 7:30 p.m. Friday, Heroes Stadium

rojosgirl
11-24-2009, 04:11 PM
Two teams close to the area. OMG - it will be a parking nightmare!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

99IHSMustang
11-24-2009, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by rojosgirl
Two teams close to the area. OMG - it will be a parking nightmare!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Well if their game ends by a little before 6 then it should be ok because it will give the fans that are currently in the parking lot time to get out before then next batch arrives. If not... then yes it is going to be a nightmare.

44INAROW
11-24-2009, 05:32 PM
Well if their game ends by a little before 6 then it should be ok because it will give the fans that are currently in the parking lot time to get out before then next batch arrives. If not... then yes it is going to be a nightmare.

We were in the parking lot by 5:15 last week. Me thinks it will be different this week ;) By the way - who's hometeam?

CueroDad08
11-24-2009, 05:40 PM
Cuero is the Home team

gobbler grad
11-24-2009, 08:07 PM
Cuero fans will be there by 4:00...:thinking:

99IHSMustang
11-24-2009, 08:24 PM
Anyone on here from Ingleside, besides me, going to be able to make this game?

gobbler grad
11-24-2009, 08:27 PM

looks like a mighty slim crowd on the Big Blue side...:1popcorn:

99IHSMustang
11-24-2009, 08:31 PM
looks like a mighty slim crowd on the Big Blue side...:1popcorn:

I have a big mouth I can make enough noise :p

The Kracken
11-24-2009, 08:39 PM
I think that its funny that somebody thinks that Ingleside is just as good if not better than Sealy--for real

99IHSMustang
11-24-2009, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by The Kracken
I think that its funny that somebody thinks that Ingleside is just as good if not better than Sealy--for real

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and obviously they are not as vastly intelligent as you :rolleyes:

gobbler grad
11-24-2009, 09:09 PM
AMEN BROTHER...

Green Bling
11-24-2009, 09:45 PM
Heard that they announced at CHS that Cuero/Ingleside fans would not be allowed in the parking lot before 6:00. Someone might be able to check that out and confirm. Lots Cuero fans like to get in the lot before 5:30.

gobbler grad
11-24-2009, 09:47 PM
that ain't good...:thinking:we'll be holding up traffic waiting in the street...:eek:

The Kracken
11-24-2009, 09:58 PM
Guessing that Yorktown played there last week and had a coworker tell me that it doesn't take long for security to clear things out so they may be trying to get stadium and parking lot empty before the 2nd game--seems like this will be a tough chore also wondering if they have the room for four teams with playoff rosters

44INAROW
11-24-2009, 09:58 PM
that ain't good...:thinking:we'll be holding up traffic waiting in the street...:eek:

it's going to be intresting.. on another note - are they going to "clear out" the stands of the MV and Tivy Fans.. I'd hate to have to "take someone down" to get a seat (sarcasm firmly planted) :D

GO MEAN GREEN

The Kracken
11-24-2009, 10:02 PM
a "down low" take down

TrueBlueIHS83
11-24-2009, 10:22 PM

Been lurking for awhile. Thought it was time I weighed in on the subjet. I will be at this game. So far have only missed one of the "stangs games this year. That was due to the fact my daughter planned her wedding in the middle of the season :o

This Game is going to be the best one yet. There will be plenty of fans along for the ride. So far this year, Ingleside has driven further than their playoff opponents. Yet we have had more fans than the opposing side.

So Gobblers, be warned, we will be there and we will be making some noise. Just wait till you get a glimpse of the "Blue" man. I am sure we will be saving some room on Turkey day for another helping of turkey on Friday ;)

99IHSMustang
11-24-2009, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by TrueBlueIHS83
Been lurking for awhile. Thought it was time I weighed in on the subjet. I will be at this game. So far have only missed one of the "stangs games this year. That was due to the fact my daughter planned her wedding in the middle of the season :o

This Game is going to be the best one yet. There will be plenty of fans along for the ride. So far this year, Ingleside has driven further than their playoff opponents. Yet we have had more fans than the opposing side.

So Gobblers, be warned, we will be there and we will be making some noise. Just wait till you get a glimpse of the "Blue" man. I am sure we will be saving some room on Turkey day for another helping of turkey on Friday ;)

Wohoo another Ingleside fan/poster. Welcome aboard TrueBlueIHS83 :clap: :clap:

TrueBlueIHS83
11-24-2009, 10:42 PM
Thank you for the nice warm Mustang welcome 99.

Can't wait until the game on Friday. Hopefully this week's weather will be better than last. Though our "Stangs did very well with the pass last week in the rain.

I think the Bandera Fans were a little stunned with our first drive. Maybe we can make the Gobblers a believer too:thinking:

Ingleside Fan
11-24-2009, 10:45 PM
Wohoo another Ingleside fan/poster. Welcome aboard TrueBlueIHS83 :clap: :clap:

We need all the help we can get! Welcome TrueBlueIHS83:clap:

99IHSMustang
11-24-2009, 10:49 PM
Thank you for the nice warm Mustang welcome 99.

Can't wait until the game on Friday. Hopefully this week's weather will be better than last. Though our "Stangs did very well with the pass last week in the rain.

I think the Bandera Fans were a little stunned with our first drive. Maybe we can make the Gobblers a believer too:thinking:

So far it looks like it is going to be in the mid to upper 50's on Friday. Beautiful HS Football weather.

44INAROW
11-24-2009, 11:05 PM

Welcome to the downlow TrueBlueIHS83:)

Can't wait to see the "Blue Man" .... We've got Mr Spencer - he is a Gobbler Tradition and leads the GO MEAN GREEN chants. I'd like to see some kind of crowd "battle" (friendly of course) do you'll have traditional chant or yell? Like I said, Cuero does GO MEAN GREEN....

IHStangFan
11-24-2009, 11:11 PM
Welcome aboard TrueBlue!! :clap:

Green Bling
11-24-2009, 11:36 PM
Welcome to the board, True Blue! Know you'll enjoy the fun.

99IHSMustang
11-25-2009, 09:06 AM
W00t its Wednesday... GO MUSTANGS!!!

Mean Green Fan
11-25-2009, 09:25 AM
GO MEAN GREEN!!!!

MustangFever52
11-25-2009, 09:33 AM
Go Mustangs!!! I have followed Mustang football for many years and I believe this is one of the best teams. I will not take anything away from the Mustangs of the past. I will be at the game and I am bringing lots of fans with me. Good luck to both teams and hope this game is injury free. Go Big Blue!

Blue42
11-25-2009, 10:28 AM
Wow I will not be able to go to the game this week due to work.But I have passed on my milk jug to my 9 year old to shake in my absence.We also found some more noise makers that the kids will like.I know it will be a good game and believe me the Gobblers are not looking past the Mustangs. I will be listening to Joe and Grandpa and will be there sprit.
GO MEAN GREEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

headhunter
11-25-2009, 11:14 AM
Cuero Gobblers vs Ingleside Mustangs

Who will represent Region IV in the Semi-finals? Both teams appear to be peaking at the right time. Niether team is really a surprise to be 3 rounds deep to me. Ingleside returned most of their starters from last season. They have a good core of leaders that feel comfortable running the spread offense. Ingleside has good quarterback who gets the ball into the hands of his playmakers. The ony question is -- Can Ingleside score enough?

The Gobblers are looking better and better each week. The exceptional play from the quarterback position is what seperates Cuero from other teams. Many fans do not realize how tough some plays are because Arndt makes it look so easy. One thing that goes un-noticed is the arm strength Arndt has. Combine Arndt with two solid running backs (Thibideaux & Jackson) and a solid receiving core this offense is hard to stop. With a well balanced offense this Gobbler offense can beat you in many ways.

Cuero will be the favorite to win on Friday night. They have to be, they are the defending Region IV Champ and have beaten the next best team in the Region already. However, that does not gaurantee them a win. It will be one of those weird weeks with both teams being out of there normal routine. Out of school on Wed,Thurs and Friday; it will be important for the players to be focused on the little things and pay attention to detail. Ingleside feels good about their chances but their is still a little doubt that they can hang with Cuero. This being said, I would not be surprised to see the Mustangs open up the playbook and bring out a few "trick" plays to keep them in the game.

The Gobblers can not afford to let teams hang around, when the opportunity presents intself, they have to put the foot on the gas pedal and keep scoring, I was very impressed with Travis Reeve's gameplan last week, he did not get conservative. That is important, you can not look at the scoreboard if you are the Gobblers, you just have to keep trying to score everytime you have the ball. The defense played very well over the past few weeks, but what helps the Gobbler defense out is when the Gobblers offense is driving the ball and scoring.

It should be a great friday night for football. Let's see the Gobblers put another 50+ on the scoreboard.

99IHSMustang
11-25-2009, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by headhunter

Who will represent Region IV in the Semi-finals? Both teams appear to be peaking at the right time. Niether team is really a surprise to be 3 rounds deep to me. Ingleside returned most of their starters from last season. They have a good core of leaders that feel comfortable running the spread offense. Ingleside has good quarterback who gets the ball into the hands of his playmakers. The ony question is -- Can Ingleside score enough?

The Gobblers are looking better and better each week. The exceptional play from the quarterback position is what seperates Cuero from other teams. Many fans do not realize how tough some plays are because Arndt makes it look so easy. One thing that goes un-noticed is the arm strength Arndt has. Combine Arndt with two solid running backs (Thibideaux & Jackson) and a solid receiving core this offense is hard to stop. With a well balanced offense this Gobbler offense can beat you in many ways.

Cuero will be the favorite to win on Friday night. They have to be, they are the defending Region IV Champ and have beaten the next best team in the Region already. However, that does not gaurantee them a win. It will be one of those weird weeks with both teams being out of there normal routine. Out of school on Wed,Thurs and Friday; it will be important for the players to be focused on the little things and pay attention to detail. Ingleside feels good about their chances but their is still a little doubt that they can hang with Cuero. This being said, I would not be surprised to see the Mustangs open up the playbook and bring out a few "trick" plays to keep them in the game.

The Gobblers can not afford to let teams hang around, when the opportunity presents intself, they have to put the foot on the gas pedal and keep scoring, I was very impressed with Travis Reeve's gameplan last week, he did not get conservative. That is important, you can not look at the scoreboard if you are the Gobblers, you just have to keep trying to score everytime you have the ball. The defense played very well over the past few weeks, but what helps the Gobbler defense out is when the Gobblers offense is driving the ball and scoring.

It should be a great friday night for football. Let's see the Gobblers put another 50+ on the scoreboard.

Good post. I would like to say that I think Ingleside can keep Cuero under 50+, hell maybe even 42+, and to do that we have to keep Arndt and Jackson from doing this to us all game.

http://www.doubleazone.com/Images_Story/turkey.gif

:D :D :D

Mean Green Fan
11-25-2009, 11:55 AM
Week 13 Rankings from Huddle Up

CLASS 3A -- Overall

1, Gilmer (12-0); 2, Cuero (12-0); 3, Argyle (12-0); 4, Carthage (12-0); 5, Abilene* Wylie (10-1); 6, Graham (11-1); 7, Pittsburg (10-1); 8, Caldwell (9-1); 9, Sealy (11-1); 10, Prosper (10-1); 11, Brrokshire Royal (8-4); 12, Coldspring-Oakhurst (10-2); 13, La Grange (10-2); 14, Brownwood (10-2); 15, Ingleside (11-1); 16, Monahans (11-1); 17, Cleveland (10-2); 18, Mexia (9-3); 19, Kennedale (11-1); 20, Navasota (9-2).

Division I

1, Gilmer (12-0); 2, Cuero (12-0); 3, Abilene* Wylie (10-1); 4, Sealy (11-1); 5, Prosper (11-1); 6, Ingleside (11-1); 7, Navasota (9-2); 8, Lucas Lovejoy (11-1); 9, Silsbee (7-5); 10, Burnet (8-3).

Division II

1, Argyle (12-0); 2, Carthage (12-0); 3, Graham (11-1); 4, Pittsburg (10-1); 5, Caldwell (9-1); 6, Brookshire Royal (8-4); 7, Coldspring-Oakhurst (10-2); 8, La Grange (10-2); 9, Brownwood (10-2); 10, Monahans (11-1)

Mean Green Fan
11-25-2009, 12:00 PM
Jerry's week 13 Rankings

CLASS 3A Weekly
Last
Pre-
Next
Jerry's

CL/Dist Team (2009 Record) Rating
PF
PA
Week
Rating
+ or -
Week's Opponent
Pick

3A - 17 Gilmer (12-0) 177.90
vs Navasota (9-2) 21

3A - 28 Cuero (12-0) 169.32
vs Ingleside (11-1) 10

3A - 2 Abilene Wylie (10-1) 167.30
vs Burkburnett (8-3) 18

3A - 2 Graham (11-1) 167.29
vs Bridgeport (7-4) 16

3A - 18 Carthage (12-0) 165.99
vs Caldwell (9-1) 2

3A - 9 Argyle (12-0) 165.61
vs Tex. Pleasant Grove (8-3) 13

3A - 9 Prosper (11-1) 164.20
vs Lucas Lovejoy (11-1) 10

3A - 16 Pittsburg (10-1) 163.62
vs Kennedale (11-1) 1

3A - 24 Caldwell (9-1) 163.59
vs Carthage (12-0) -2

3A - 25 La Grange (10-2) 163.12
vs Devine (8-3) 13

3A - 25 Sealy (11-1) 162.63
3A - 12 Kennedale (11-1) 162.38
vs Pittsburg (10-1) -1

3A - 3 Monahans (11-1) 162.18
3A - 2 Brownwood (10-2) 161.78
vs Wimberley (8-4) 11

3A - 9 Celina (7-5) 159.73
3A - 25 Bellville (6-4) 159.66
3A - 31 Ingleside (11-1) 159.03
vs Cuero (12-0) -10

3A - 25 Giddings (9-2) 157.03
3A - 24 Navasota (9-2) 156.50
vs Gilmer (12-0) -21

3A - 12 Alvarado (7-5)

12thMan
11-25-2009, 12:13 PM

Don't worry, you will see a lot of green and white on the other side. Where ever the Gobblers go, they bring a lot of fans with them.

Go mean green!!

SintonFan
11-25-2009, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by The Kracken

I think it's funny that somebody misspelled "Kraken"...:p :D

makita_6
11-25-2009, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by headhunter

Great post there buddy...couldnt agree more on all of this...and i'd have to say...with arndt and jackson and the way they looked last week...its gonna be hard for ANYBODY to hold cuero under 40....Go Mean Green!!!

wildgobbler
11-25-2009, 07:11 PM
i sure hope we dont have to hear some lame group tryin; to yell across the field fri. go big blue???? dosent make sense when ya cant compete with GO MEAN GREEN! i'll tell ya fer sure we have been highly imitated but never and I MEAN NEVER duplicated across the state of TEXAS USA. gonna be great to watch yall crawl out the stadium. For the kids sake I wish that you would stay and support those kids, but like all others ya fail in that catagory. drive safe to and from SA.

A Gobbler and Texas Tradition
playing deep in the PLAY-OFFS

GO MEAN GREEN!
from the master
WILDGOBBLER

wildgobbler
11-25-2009, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
Gobblers, I've been cheering you on all year......but I have to abandon ship this week on ya. Sorry!

GO MUSTANGS!!

ya need a real bell ta bang if ya gonna cheer for the GOBBLERS!
GO MEAN GREEN!!

WILDGOBBLER

99IHSMustang
11-25-2009, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by wildgobbler
i sure hope we dont have to hear some lame group tryin; to yell across the field fri. go big blue???? dosent make sense when ya cant compete with GO MEAN GREEN! i'll tell ya fer sure we have been highly imitated but never and I MEAN NEVER duplicated across the state of TEXAS USA. gonna be great to watch yall crawl out the stadium. For the kids sake I wish that you would stay and support those kids, but like all others ya fail in that catagory. drive safe to and from SA.

A Gobbler and Texas Tradition
playing deep in the PLAY-OFFS

GO MEAN GREEN!
from the master
WILDGOBBLER

You sound like a real winner there wildgobbler, I am sure some of the better Gobbler posters will enjoy having you around.. :rolleyes:

44INAROW
11-25-2009, 08:01 PM
he's just getting "wound up" It's all in fun 99IHS believe me..

oh 99 - not to change the subject - but since you live in "the city" how do the stadiums usually handle it when there are 2 games at the same venue? Do they clear out the 1st group of fans then let the 2nd group for the later game in? that's kinda what I've been hearing but nothing confirmed.

99IHSMustang
11-25-2009, 08:34 PM
he's just getting "wound up" It's all in fun 99IHS believe me..

oh 99 - not to change the subject - but since you live in "the city" how do the stadiums usually handle it when there are 2 games at the same venue? Do they clear out the 1st group of fans then let the 2nd group for the later game in? that's kinda what I've been hearing but nothing confirmed.

It's all good then :D.

I have been by the stadium, but have never been to a game there. I will tell you this the parking lot is pretty big, but I do not think big enough for 4 groups of fans. With that being said I do believe that they will clear out the first group before they let the Ingleside/Cuero fans in. The street that it is off of (Thousand Oaks) is not a very big street so I doubt that they would want that much traffic in the parking lot.

gobblerfan34
11-25-2009, 09:20 PM
should be a great game, congratulations to both teams for getting this far in the playoffs, hope the scheduling of the earlier game at the stadium does not cause too many problems

GO MEAN GREEN

wildgobbler
11-25-2009, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by gobblerfan34
should be a great game, congratulations to both teams for getting this far in the playoffs, hope the scheduling of the earlier game at the stadium does not cause too many problems

GO MEAN GREEN

ya know one thing parking dont make a hill of beans. gobbler fans would park at north star mall and ride tailgates to the game or stock trailers. we will not miss a game. i am bringing the stuff.
my yeller is workin again. gobbler fans let me stress this point,
I do not want us to forget the night we beat the Mustangs.
come early..
be LOUD...
wear Green...
NO FEAR!!

GO MEAN GREEN!!!
WILDGOBBLER

TrueBlueIHS83
11-25-2009, 10:16 PM
GO Big Blue!!!

wildgobbler
11-25-2009, 10:23 PM
GO Big Blue!!!

as i thought...the GO MEAN GREEN will put the big blue in the dark just as he posted... cant read it....cant hear it either

GO MEAN GREEN!!!
WILDGOBBLER

YEA I have cuzins from down there too. they started on me the first round. talkin crap makes me think yer scared!!

TrueBlueIHS83
11-25-2009, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by wildgobbler
as i thought...the GO MEAN GREEN will put the big blue in the dark just as he posted... cant read it....cant hear it either

Well, well, well, First off you have you assumed quite a few things. You assume that we won't be making any noise. You have assumed that your team will be the winner of this game. Not sure if you have ever heard of what happens when you assume. Makes me wonder if you have been "hitting" the wild turkey?

Oh and by the way........this he is a SHE!!!!!

44INAROW
11-25-2009, 10:58 PM

Oh and by the way........this he is a SHE!!!!!

welcome to the board "ms"TrueBlueIHS83 we need more woman on here :)

TrueBlueIHS83
11-25-2009, 11:09 PM
welcome to the board "ms"TrueBlueIHS83 we need more woman on here :)

Thank you 44. :kiss:

wildgobbler
11-25-2009, 11:33 PM
Thank you 44. :kiss:

ok young lady... I do know the acro for asume....GOD gave me plenty of room to swallow crow feathers if need be.
untill the scoreboard has 00 on it and your score is higher than ours, we can win. believe in those kids no matter what. and i never said yall wouldnt make noise....it will just be on my deaf ear...hahaha good luck yall tell the boys not ta be drinkin thurs like they did in 95........ouch....inside source from 95 team.

GO MEAN GREEN!!
WILDGOBBLER

44INAROW
11-25-2009, 11:41 PM
I am sooo ready for Friday night..

GO MEAN GREEN

Gobbla2001
11-26-2009, 12:20 AM
Well I'll be damned, Papa Spence has graced us with his presense...

I sat wayyyyy up top last Friday and could hear you loud and clear down there below...

Mean Green Fan
11-26-2009, 09:09 AM
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

Herb the guys at Invista say hello!!

GO MEAN GREEN!!

99IHSMustang
11-26-2009, 12:32 PM
Happy Thanksgiving to all!!!

GO MUSTANGS!!!

CueroDad08
11-26-2009, 12:43 PM
INGLESIDE — The lone malfunction on the radar screen for Ingleside High School’s football team this season was a 21-20 overtime loss to Mathis in District 31-3A play, during which the Mustangs failed on a 2-point conversion play in overtime.

Therefore, the consensus is that the Mustangs have been taking care of matters this season in a fairly tidy matter.

“Execution is the key to the football game. If you don’t execute then you’re not going to move the ball,” junior Ingleside quarterback Brian Hull said. “Offensively, we’ve executed pretty well and we’ve put up some points.”

Indeed, that has been the case. In the Class 3A playoffs for the sixth consecutive time in coach Graig Hesseltine’s tenure, the 11-1 Mustangs have been good and, in Hesseltine’s estimation, getting better.

That will be a plus in the Mustangs’ favor when they put their 11-1 record on the line Friday night against third-ranked and 12-0 Cuero in the Region IV-3A Division I championship game in San Antonio. The winner faces either Navasota (9-2) or top-ranked and 12-0 Gilmer in the state semifinals next week. The Rattlers and Buckeyes meet at 2 p.m. Saturday in Lufkin

“We’re just playing well right now. This is the time of year you want to be playing well. Teams that usually advance deep into the playoffs find a way to get hot at the right time,” Hesseltine said. “That’s what I feel like we’re doing right now. I know the caliber of opponent with each week is getting better and we’re going to have to play better just because of that.”

If the most recent efforts are an indication, playing better has been the operating mode for the Mustangs. Since that blip in the second District 31-3A game against Mathis, the Mustangs have won seven consecutive ballgames. Among those were tense contests against Sinton (35-28) and at Robstown (35-31).

“So far we’ve had a pretty successful season. The chemistry’s there, everybody’s working hard,” two-way senior lineman Allan Grove said. “We know what we’ve got to do. We know we’ve got to come out and play against Cuero.”

Ingleside has had a relatively easy stroll through the first two postseason ballgames. The Mustangs blasted Zapata in bi-district 59-19. They put the clamps on Bandera last week 35-14 on a rainy night in Floresville, limiting the Bulldogs to fewer than 100 yards and 16 points than they had been averaging.

“I think our defense has picked up at the right time. They’ve played well,” Hesseltine said. “In the Zapata game, especially the first half, they played lights out. Same thing in the Bandera game, they played lights out in the first half. I know we wear down a little bit in the second half. We’re not a ball-control offense so our defense will spend time on the field.”

Ingleside still has held the ball more than 10 minutes longer on average than its opponents and has made the most of it. Behind Hull’s 2,297 passing yards and 25 touchdowns and Raydell Perez’s 1,280 rushing yards and 24 TDs, the Mustangs are averaging nearly 375 yards and 39.1 points per game.

They will need all of that against the Gobblers, who have beaten the Mustangs in three previous playoff meetins. That includes a 56-17 verdict in the 2005 Region IV-3A Division II semifinals. Cuero averages 43.6 points per game and rallied to beat Sealy last week 53-36.

“I feel real good. I think we can come out and play against these guys,” said Ingleside sophomore receiver-defensive back David McHugh, who caught two TD passes, had an interception and a fumble recovery in last week’s win over Bandera. “As long as we don’t come out and lay down, we can hit them in the mouth and it should be a good game.”

For that to happen, the Mustangs must continue their efficient execution, Hesseltine said.

“We’ve got to understand that we’re not just going to show up and just completely dominate and stop a team like Cuero. You have to have that mindset coming in,” Hesseltine said. “When we have the ball we have to be very efficient. We have to be very methodical, keep the ball and maximize our possessions, keep the ball in our hands for as long as we can and score points, because we know they’re capable of scoring a bunch.”

TrueBlueIHS83
11-26-2009, 05:56 PM
I think I might bring my "Blue" Snuggie to the game tomorrow. Don't want to be cold....hehe
http://www.boscovs.com/wcsstore/boscovs/images/store/product/images/607067133sn011106.jpg

CueroDad08
11-26-2009, 06:10 PM
I think I might bring my "Blue" Snuggie to the game tomorrow. Don't want to be cold....hehe
http://www.boscovs.com/wcsstore/boscovs/images/store/product/images/607067133sn011106.jpg

Would look even better if you can crop a mustang on it some place

TrueBlueIHS83
11-26-2009, 07:38 PM
Would look even better if you can crop a mustang on it some place

Hey I am a newbie around here. I was lucky to get the picture on there. :clap:

Gobbla2001
11-26-2009, 07:47 PM
http://img682.imageshack.us/img682/8361/607067133sn011106.jpg

ccmom
11-26-2009, 07:55 PM
Go Gobblers!!:cheerl: :cheerl:

44INAROW
11-26-2009, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
Go Gobblers!!:cheerl: :cheerl:

thanks CCmom - Good Luck to the Bulldogs :)

SintonFan_inAustin
11-26-2009, 10:27 PM
Ingleside Mustangs Hungary for Region Title (http://www.kristv.com/player/?video_id=1051&zone=46&categories=46)

99IHSMustang
11-26-2009, 10:50 PM
Ingleside Mustangs Hungary for Region Title (http://www.kristv.com/player/?video_id=1051&zone=46&categories=46)

W00t... GO BIG BLUE!!

44INAROW
11-26-2009, 11:04 PM
GO MEAN GREEN --------------------- BEAT THE MUSTANGS

wildgobbler
11-27-2009, 01:14 AM

hey zimmy the wildgobbler is back online again thanks to 44ina row.... just got back from corpus big talk there...not to worry i sent em straight ha ha ha some blue invaders might try to infiltrate the Gobbler side not to worry its just family....dont throw stuff at em..just tell em where i am...they just want an opprotunity to feel the aura of the GO MEAN GREEN!!!

see ya there
GO MEAN GREEN
did I hear sniffles from the visitors???
WILDGOBBLER

CueroDad08
11-27-2009, 01:16 AM
Nice video........What else would anyone want them to say..............But if they do try and do what it sounds like they are going to try and do, Tyler will eat them alive.........Load the box and try and stop number 27 and you then will give up some big plays fast. I would hope that would not be the case, if so this game will get very ugly fast.

wildgobbler
11-27-2009, 01:23 AM
Originally posted by Mean Green Fan
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

Herb the guys at Invista say hello!!

GO MEAN GREEN!!

howdy ho gang make sure yall listen to the game.... if ya cant get to the game ya gonna miss a good one...
GO MEAN GREEN!!
WILDGOBBLER

wildgobbler
11-27-2009, 01:26 AM
right on cuerodad....i just love thanksgiving friday dont you?

GO MEAN GREEN!!!
WILDGOBBLER

29-3aFAN
11-27-2009, 01:54 AM
Don't think I will make it. But will be tuned in to 100.9. GO MEAN GREEN

12thMan
11-27-2009, 06:40 AM
It's game day! What's thanksgiving without the Gobblers playing. It's tradition.

I don't usually wake up this early if I don't have to work, but my wife decided to go to Wal-Mart to go do some shopping. I guess that's turning into tradition also.

Anyway, hope everyone has a safe trip to SA today.

Ingleside, this is one turkey your not going to catch! Let's bring the noise Cuero fans, just like last week.

I love that sign 44. That's what were all about here in Cuero.

makita_6
11-27-2009, 11:26 AM
It's game day and I'm pumped for tonight....I just cant wait till kickofff....Go Mean Green!!!

Highschoolfan78
11-27-2009, 11:36 AM
nm

Highschoolfan78
11-27-2009, 11:38 AM

Would it be too redneck if you cut the sleeves off a snuggie and make it a sleeveless snuggie?

KingRob
11-27-2009, 11:38 AM
Gotta get up early, so I won't be able to stay up and listen to the game.

I'll be yelling for my Gobblers in my sleep!

LET'S GO CUERO!!! BEAT THE MUSTANGS!!!

:cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl:

wildgobbler
11-27-2009, 11:44 AM
thanksgiving friday
ohhhhh what a feeling
cool air...big crowd....the sound of helmets clackin like to rams buttin heads just listen to the visitors sayin how they love turkey on fri...happens every year...but they just dont know how to slice & eat a wildgobbler. this team IS NOT a frozen bird from HEB.

I have been waitin since the first round to shut up the cuzins...
these guys need to play us in preseason......so we can beat 'em twice ha ha ha...pokin fun boys

GO MEAN GREEN!!
WILDGOBBLER

TrueBlueIHS83
11-27-2009, 12:07 PM
Go Big Blue!!!

Mean Green Fan
11-27-2009, 12:12 PM
GO MEAN GREAN

TrueBlueIHS83
11-27-2009, 12:13 PM
Just want to wish everyone safe travel today. Hopefully we will have an injury free game tonight. Good luck to both teams.....Go Mustangs!

99IHSMustang
11-27-2009, 12:14 PM
W00t Game Day!!! GO MUSTANGS! GO BIG BLUE!!

MUSTANG69
11-27-2009, 12:32 PM
UH-OH NEW KID ON THE BLOCK. WILL BE THERE TONIGHT TO SUPPORT THE MUSTANGS.

GO BIG BLUE

99IHSMustang
11-27-2009, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by MUSTANG69
UH-OH NEW KID ON THE BLOCK. WILL BE THERE TONIGHT TO SUPPORT THE MUSTANGS.

GO BIG BLUE

Welcome to the Board Mustang69. W00t another Inglesie fan/poster.

MUSTANG69
11-27-2009, 12:53 PM
THANK YOU FOR THE WELCOME 99IHS.

44INAROW
11-27-2009, 12:56 PM
welcome Mustang69... :)

MUSTANG69
11-27-2009, 01:04 PM
THANKS 44

I THINK WE ARE GOING TO SEE 2 OF THE BEST OFFENSES IN CLASS 3A TONIGHT. BOTH CAPABLE OF BALL CONTROL AND THE BIG PLAY. NO MATTER WHO WINS I THINK THERE IS GOING TO BE A LOT OF FIREWORKS. (OF COURSE I'LL BE ROOTING FOR THE MUSTANGS) OLD GUY LIKE ME NEEDS FIREWORKS TO STAY AWAKE.

44INAROW
11-27-2009, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by MUSTANG69
THANKS 44

I THINK WE ARE GOING TO SEE 2 OF THE BEST OFFENSES IN CLASS 3A TONIGHT. BOTH CAPABLE OF BALL CONTROL AND THE BIG PLAY. NO MATTER WHO WINS I THINK THERE IS GOING TO BE A LOT OF FIREWORKS. (OF COURSE I'LL BE ROOTING FOR THE MUSTANGS) OLD GUY LIKE ME NEEDS FIREWORKS TO STAY AWAKE.

:D

12thMan
11-27-2009, 01:27 PM

I just watched this video. Sounds like the Mustangs are ready to play. Let them load the box, Tyler will light it up. This should be a awesome game and I know were ready.

gobblerfan34
11-27-2009, 03:18 PM
good luck Gobblers, play your game and you will win tonight

Gobbler Tradition like no other

GO MEAN GREEN

44INAROW
11-27-2009, 03:57 PM
Last one out, turn off the lights........ We're headed to SA..

SintonFan_inAustin
11-27-2009, 05:58 PM
i'm in SA already and eating at Alamo Cafe, haven't ate here in awhile. Some rain on the way up hope it stays away

Green Bling
11-27-2009, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by KingRob
Gotta get up early, so I won't be able to stay up and listen to the game.

I'll be yelling for my Gobblers in my sleep!

LET'S GO CUERO!!! BEAT THE MUSTANGS!!!

:cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl:

Hey, KingRob. Glad to see you're out there. I won't be able to travel to the game tonight, so will also be listening to Joe and Grandpa keep us posted on the radio. Should be a good one! BTW, yesterday would have been #22's 18th birthday. This one's for him.

Green Bling
11-27-2009, 06:20 PM
GOOOOO!!! MEEEEEEAN!!! GREEEEN!!
Safe Travels to all!!
Rojosgirl just called and said they were already in the parking lot. Less than 5 min. left in the Tivy/MV game and very small number of fans on both sides. Looks like the parking won't be an issue after all. Eager Gobbler fans are lined up at the gate waiting to be let in.

swarm
11-27-2009, 08:07 PM
Any one going to be giving updates on this game.

IHStangFan
11-27-2009, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by swarm
Any one going to be giving updates on this game. you know it's being broadcast on www.gobblersports.com right?

forum_guy
11-27-2009, 08:16 PM
just received word that it's quite possible that only the 3adownlow Ingleside supporters showed up for the game. lol Heard it was pretty empty. :confused:

XtremeCouture
11-27-2009, 08:28 PM
Wow all those ingleside fans are gonna miss one of th biggest upsets in Texas high school football history. Wait that's next week when Cuero beats gilmer

forum_guy
11-27-2009, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by XtremeCouture
Wow all those ingleside fans are gonna miss one of th biggest upsets in Texas high school football history. Wait that's next week when Cuero beats gilmer

That should be an interesting game Xtreme, granted both teams can get the job done this week:rolleyes:

bulldog82
11-27-2009, 09:06 PM
dang, ingleside, getting called on yalls holding??????

Green Bling
11-27-2009, 09:28 PM
27-7 Cuero:D :D

Green Bling
11-27-2009, 09:30 PM
Touch Down Gobblers!
33-7 Gobblers 1:37 to go in 1st half!

99IHSMustang
11-27-2009, 09:47 PM
At the half Ingleside 14 Cuero 33

we are trying but Cuero is an outstanding team.

SintonFan
11-27-2009, 09:54 PM
At the half Ingleside 14 Cuero 33

we are trying but Cuero is an outstanding team.

I'm here rooting for you guys!!!!!!!!!!!
Go Mustangs!!!!!!!!!!!!:clap: :) :clap:

bulldog82
11-27-2009, 11:06 PM
good win cuero, now finish strong for region 4................the weak region?

makita_6
11-27-2009, 11:46 PM
that away Gobblers....good win tonight....proud of ya....lets get ready for next week!!!

Nursebetty
11-27-2009, 11:48 PM
ok.....anyone know where i can listen to Navasota/Gilmer play?

29-3aFAN
11-28-2009, 12:29 AM
Congrats Cuero.

gobbler grad
11-28-2009, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by forum_guy
just received word that it's quite possible that only the 3adownlow Ingleside supporters showed up for the game. lol Heard it was pretty empty. :confused:

wasn't a full crowd...:clap:

SpursFan
11-28-2009, 01:31 AM
My one QUESTION now is to all the Mustang posters on this board that we had to listen to all week what a BIG crowd yall were bringing!!!! Where were they??
Did they think the game was on Saturday??LMAO!! If you would put all the Mustang fans together it probally would not have even filled up one section!!

Also where was that loud GO BIG BLUE cheer?? Well we really showed you how it was done with the GO MEAN GREEN cheer! It was awesome!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats Gobblers!!!!!!!!!

44INAROW
11-28-2009, 01:46 AM
Running game powers Cuero past Ingleside
BY MIKE FORMAN - MFORMAN@VICAD.COM Originally published November 28, 2009 at 12:36 a.m., updated November 28, 2009 at 12:40 a.m.
SAN ANTONIO -- Cuero running back Andrew Thibodeaux doesn't mind when opponents forget about him.

Thibodeaux had an idea Ingleside would be keying on running back Trent Jackson, and knew that meant more carries for him.

"They really were trying to play on our strength," Thibodeaux said. "We've been working on everything all week. We knew they were going to be keying Trent and Tanner (Hoffman) and it turned a couple of things toward me a little bit more this week and they all worked out."

Thibodeaux rushed for 150 yards and two touchdowns to lead Cuero to a 47-28 Class 3A, Division I quarterfinal win over Ingleside on Friday night at Heroes Stadium.

Thibodeaux carried only eight times, but scored the first two times he touched the ball on runs of 33 and 59 yards, as the Gobblers improved to 13-0 and moved into the semifinals against the winner of Saturday's Gilmer-Navasota game.

"It was just the zone blocking scheme," Cuero coach Mark Reeve said. "We knew in that one set they were going to give us goal line. We had a good scheme for it and it turned out to be big for us."

Ingleside (11-2) often stacked the line of scrimmage with eight or nine defenders and limited Jackson to 87 yards on his 24 carries, even though he scored two touchdowns. But Thibodeaux and quarterback Tyler Arndt took advantage.

Thibodeaux went for 6 or more yards on each of his carries. Arndt completed 12 of his 19 passes for 183 yards and two touchdowns and also had an 8-yard touchdown run. Arndt threw touchdown passes of 17 and 22 yards to Tanner Hoffman

"They put a lot of guys in there and every time we wanted to throw it, it was there," Reeve said.

Ingleside quarterback Brian Hull passed for 255 yards and two touchdowns. But the Mustangs rushed for only 92 yards and 47 of them came on a touchdown run by Raynell Perez with 54 seconds left in the second quarter.

"They had been such a good run football team," Reeve said. "We were going to give them the short passes. We really took the run away from them. They had that one run, which was a stupid call on my part going with one middle linebacker on fourth-and-one. Other than that, we shut their run down and made them one-dimensional and you've got a chance when you do that."

The Gobblers also changed their pass coverage in the second half, which allowed linebackers Thibodeaux and Hoffman to move closer to the line and gave them the opportunity for some big hits.

"We really wanted to make them one dimensional and shut down the run," Hoffman said. "We wanted to make them go to the pass and we were confident that we would be all right if that would happen. We just needed to be good tacklers, wrap them up and let everyone else get there."

The Gobblers overcame seven penalties in the second half and finished with 429 yards of offense, more than enough to move into the semifinals for the fifth time in six years.

"A win's a win," Hoffman said. "As long as we get to move on I'm satisfied."

link (http://www.victoriaadvocate.com/news/2009/nov/28/cuerogamer1128_75876/?sports&local-sports#postcomments)

Nursebetty
11-28-2009, 01:55 AM
good win cuero, now finish strong for region 4................the weak region?

........yeah, what was that we keep on hearing about region 4 being so "weak?"............hmmmmmmmmmmmmm:thinking:

:D

SintonFan_inAustin
11-28-2009, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by forum_guy
just received word that it's quite possible that only the 3adownlow Ingleside supporters showed up for the game. lol Heard it was pretty empty. :confused: :confused: it look about the same to me, both sides had lots of empty seating, maybe it was the size of the stadium but both teams didnt fill their sides.

Nursebetty
11-28-2009, 01:59 AM
:confused: it look about the same to me, both sides had lots of empty seating, maybe it was the size of the stadium but both teams didnt fill their sides.

ummmmmmmmm ............... well CUERO filled Most of their stands and geeee we had the bigger home side to fill, so opionions are opinions, but IMO CUERO had a MUCH MUCH MUCH bigger crowd, not even close to being the same. So, maybe youre right, maybe its the size of the stadium, cause it is big!

SpursFan
11-28-2009, 02:00 AM
:confused: it look about the same to me, both sides had lots of empty seating, maybe it was the size of the stadium but both teams didnt fill their sides.

What side were you sitting on????????

Cuero was full except for section A next to the band!

Mustang side was OVER half empty!!!!!
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!

SintonFan_inAustin
11-28-2009, 02:00 AM
"It was just the zone blocking scheme," Cuero coach Mark Reeve said. "We knew in that one set they were going to give us goal line. We had a good scheme for it and it turned out to be big for us."

Very good game plan and the players executed to near perfection as Cuero offensively took control of this game from the start.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-28-2009, 02:01 AM
Originally posted by SpursFan
What side were you sitting on????????

Cuero was full except for section A next to the band!

Mustang side was OVER half empty!!!!!
LMAO!!!!!!!!!! its not easy to see your side of the stands if you in that side.

Nursebetty
11-28-2009, 02:02 AM
OMG,......didnt you guys just love the way after Spence did his "GO MEAN GREEN" and then us fans yelled it,,,,,,,,it freaking echoed so loud when it bounced off the visitors side stands!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

SpursFan
11-28-2009, 02:03 AM
its not easy to see your side of the stands if you in that side.

Yes it is when your daughter is on the field!!!!!!!!!!

SintonFan_inAustin
11-28-2009, 02:03 AM
Originally posted by Nursebetty
OMG,......didnt you guys just love the way after Spence did his "GO MEAN GREEN" and then us fans yelled it,,,,,,,,it freaking echoed so loud when it bounced off the visitors side stands!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D Ingleside fans were'nt prepared for the first Mean Green chant, lol it left them stunned how loud it was.

Nursebetty
11-28-2009, 02:04 AM
its not easy to see your side of the stands if you in that side.

Sure its easy to see your own side of the stands.......all ya gotta do is get up for a quick break, walk down to the bottom, and look up........all i saw was a sea of GREEN from side to side, and top to bottom.................CUERO has a following of devoted fans............

as 44 put it earlier today (prolly not her exact words here, but ...)........... last one out turn out the lights!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SintonFan_inAustin
11-28-2009, 02:05 AM
Yes it is when your daughter is on the field!!!!!!!!!! i have video of the game, can show you if you want, but no point to it but will post some game video in you tube.

Nursebetty
11-28-2009, 02:06 AM
Ingleside fans were'nt prepared for the first Mean Green chant, lol it left them stunned how loud it was.

L M freakin A O !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheerl: :clap:

SpursFan
11-28-2009, 02:06 AM
Originally posted by Nursebetty
OMG,......didnt you guys just love the way after Spence did his "GO MEAN GREEN" and then us fans yelled it,,,,,,,,it freaking echoed so loud when it bounced off the visitors side stands!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

OMG That was the best all YEAR!! It was AWESOME!!!

SpursFan
11-28-2009, 02:08 AM
i have video of the game, can show you if you want, but no point to it but will post some game video in you tube.

Yea you must have been sitting opposite of Cuero like you were last year in Corpus!!!!

Thank you for your support!!

NOT!!!!!!!!

Nursebetty
11-28-2009, 02:09 AM
OMG That was the best all YEAR!! It was AWESOME!!! LIKE TOTALLY AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was like.........OMG.............that is so friggin loud...........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

crabman
11-28-2009, 02:09 AM
I hope someone has video of that pass from Tyler where he threw it from his own 5 yard line to the Ingleside 30 yard line. :eek: :eek:

I think that thing had about a five second hang time.

Nursebetty
11-28-2009, 02:13 AM
I'm just so proud to say i am a CUERO GOBBLER fan, a true GOBBLER fan........win or lose I support the GOBBLERS 100% !! This year's team is awesome as past teams have been as well. They play so well together, and with discipline, character and pride. These are qualities that set teams above the rest. It speaks well of not only our football team, but our schools, our town. Our team represents us well................................GO MEAN GREEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SintonFan_inAustin
11-28-2009, 02:14 AM
Originally posted by crabman
I hope someone has video of that pass from Tyler where he threw it from his own 5 yard line to the Ingleside 30 yard line. :eek: :eek:

I think that thing had about a five second hang time. yes very good throw, remember seeing a similar play last year.