PDA

View Full Version : How many of you braved the weather last night?

russ31
10-19-2002, 05:36 PM
It was actually kind of fun breaking out the poncho. :D

Ranger Mom
10-19-2002, 07:42 PM
I did, I did.

Actually the weather wasn't bad in Kermit, the storm had come through before we got there, so.....we got to drive through it. It was wild though, it hailed so much (slushy pea size) that it looked like snow banks on the side of the road. We pulled over for about 10 minutes, hoping it would pass.
It was lightly raining when we finally made it to Kermit, just enough to mess up the field. We didn't get nearly as muddy as some of the guys I saw on that HS extra show!!

mwynn05
10-19-2002, 08:13 PM
isnt Kermit like 2 and a half hours from Midland

cts76325i
10-19-2002, 09:08 PM
my parents, grandparents, and best friends all braved the elements last night during my game ,as did most of the people from my school. it rained the entire game.. from about the 30-30 was a literal quagmire.

Ranger Mom
10-19-2002, 09:18 PM
mwynn05:
isnt Kermit like 2 and a half hours from MidlandNo, it's about 75 miles. So it takes just a little over an hour to get there from Greenwood, which is about 9 miles SE of Midland. (It did take a little longer last night :rolleyes: )

bigbullbacker
10-19-2002, 09:20 PM
russ31:
It was actually kind of fun breaking out the poncho. :D Are U Crazy LOL I think I've got web feet..

russ31
10-19-2002, 09:22 PM
It brought back memories of playing in the rain as a kid. :)

bulldog65
10-19-2002, 09:43 PM
I'm still trying to dry out!

russ31
10-19-2002, 09:57 PM
Everyone at Crackerbarrel last night probably thought we were crazy when we came in and stood next to the fire trying to dry out before we ate. eek!

evebulldog01
10-19-2002, 10:30 PM
I'm still trying to dry out it rained so much in venus that we couldn't film the game the rain kept messing up the cameras. Hope their film crew was able to get at least some decent footage of the game so both coaches will have something to look at.

mwynn05
10-19-2002, 10:40 PM
well i bet that was a fun drive

aamove
10-19-2002, 11:19 PM
Well, I missed all the rain last night. Went out to dinner for the wedding anniversary. Sort of happy the game was postponed. I got to watch the nephew in the game today and didn't have to tick off the wife last night. Talk about havin' your cake and eatin' it too!

BullsFan
10-20-2002, 12:32 AM
The visitor's side at Decatur was pretty close to full by 6:30 or so, and game start was at 7:30. A few minor breaks in the weather, but for the most part it poured buckets. Ponchos helped some, but my legs and shirt sleeves were soaked. (I could have kept the shirt sleeves dry but there's no way to clap and cheer with your hands *inside* the poncho.)

Mrs. Bear, Little Bear, and slpy's mom stayed home, but I was there, as was slpy himself, slpy's dad, and Raging Bullsfan.

SintonFan
10-20-2002, 12:40 AM
From SA to Burnet it took two hours (45 min to get out of town) but it wasn't raining, just some occasional mist. The game had only one small, sprinkling shower. Now the ride home was a little hairy. I drove through some driving rain while every tractor-trailor in the area decided to come my way in the whitewash. Lol... then my lighter wouldn't work when this was going on.

spaniard
10-20-2002, 12:44 AM
yeah, i had to break out the rain jacket last night in dallas. i got to go "scout" a band for a church function in this area. it rained bigtime the whole time we were there. on the way home it rained constantly until between waco and temple and then picked up again from temple to burnet. big mess, lots of rain, and long drive. great weekend though. glad to see that you made it back home safe sintonfan. wish i could have been at the game, but its all good.

exbccards76'smom
10-20-2002, 08:52 AM
We lucked out Friday night. Didn't rain a drop, had a cool breeze, great homecoming and won the ballgame. Marching contests Saturday,though, had a 30 minute delay due to rain. :)