Ranger Mom
11-27-2009, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Thank the Lord for small favors!

How bad does is suck to lose to a team we beat? :thinking:

Quit reading my mind!!!:) :p

LE Dad
11-27-2009, 05:38 PM
I said it once.... I say it agaaaaaaain....

Texans Win!!! :clap: :clap:

Tin Cup
11-27-2009, 05:39 PM
i would have to agree with rocket...brownwood did stop brownwood with the turnovers

LH Panther Mom
11-27-2009, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Quit reading my mind!!!:) :p
GMTA :devil:

LH_Tuff
11-27-2009, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by Tin Cup
i would have to agree with rocket...brownwood did stop brownwood with the turnovers

Here we go. :doh: Sounded to me like both teams had their share of turnovers.

wimbo_pro
11-27-2009, 05:42 PM
This is incredible. Talk about a mis-match on paper. Nelms has brought this team from a 1-3 start to beating a powerhouse. This is incredible.

Trashman
11-27-2009, 05:43 PM
Congrats to the Texans you won a hard fought game!

Tin Cup
11-27-2009, 05:43 PM
agreed...but brownwoods were backbreakers...if you are still playing you are good...mistakes at this point will get you beat...simple as that

Trashman
11-27-2009, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by Tin Cup
agreed...but brownwoods were backbreakers...if you are still playing you are good...mistakes at this point will get you beat...simple as that

We spent most of the game kicking our own arse.:D Hard to win when you do that. Not to take anything away from the Texans.:D

wimbo_pro
11-27-2009, 05:49 PM
We spent some time kicking our own arse too. Wow is all i can say.

Rocket
Good game Wimberley. You guys played a pretty good game. We did our best to help you as well. With that said, good luck next week and the rest of the way.

LH_Tuff
Nelms has always given Shipley fits. Always a good game.

wimbo_pro
11-27-2009, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
Good game Wimberley. You guys played a pretty good game. We did our best to help you as well. With that said, good luck next week and the rest of the way.

Back at you Rocket. Sounded like a great game. We stepped it up another notch, which is a tribute to the coaching staff. And with the ages of both our teams, chances are we will meet again soon.

Footballhudini
11-27-2009, 05:56 PM
Congrats to the Region IV reject Texans on making it to the 4th round on an even bigger stage. now GO WIN REGION!

STANG RED
11-27-2009, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by Trashman
We spent most of the game kicking our own arse.:D Hard to win when you do that. Not to take anything away from the Texans.:D

yea i was getting updates from wookin. seemed like yall would fumble every time you got something going that second half. great seaon for bwood though, and yall will be loaded with whats coming back next season. yall should be great next season.

marler1972
11-27-2009, 06:14 PM
Brownwood= Thump, Thump, roundball ;)

3afan
11-27-2009, 06:24 PM
good, fun game

about 5K there per my estimate

the B'wood turnovers were obviously killers; Shipley caught anything near him; B'woods QB was sub par; Wim's Smith #5 was good!

gold_33
11-27-2009, 07:00 PM
#5 Smith is a beast and just a soph, most of our top players are underclassmen with quite a few sophmores playing, so this deep playoff run is only making them better every week. Whether we win or lose next week I do believe we will be pretty good for the next couple of years, making it this far has been pretty suprising considering how up and down we were this year, but this is the best time of year to be playing your best football. Hopefully we can keep it going!!

Snydertigersrul
11-27-2009, 07:43 PM

WOW, Rocket you are so humble

BEAST
11-27-2009, 08:16 PM
Congrats to Wimberley. After #25 Derek Longoria went down I was worried. He's an animal. It hurts us on both sides of the ball. Congrats to the Texans.

BEAST

95mustang
11-27-2009, 08:26 PM
Congrats to Wimberley. Best of luck for the rest of your season.

cr180t
11-27-2009, 08:38 PM
What happened to # 25

lbjacj
11-27-2009, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by cr180t
What happened to # 25

Dennis Smith took him down with an open field hit to his hip.He limped to the sideline and wasn't much of a factor after that.(Though he did come back in.)

lbjacj
11-27-2009, 09:16 PM
Seems I remember some saying the same thing before we played WOS in '05

2 things...

1. You aren't playing WOS.
2. This isn't 2005.

Too easy. Next!

The Texans played with more intensity today than they have since that game.They just wanted it more today than the Lions did.Both teams had their share of mistakes and turnovers but Wimberley just found a way to get it done.
Props to Brownwood for fighting back after we went up 24-10 with under 6:00 mins. left.We were back on our heels when the Lions were driving for the tying TD when we got the 1st of 2 turnovers that decided the game.
I thought is was great that the sun came out brightly as the Texans pulled out the win.
Congrats to the Lions on a great season.I'm sure ya'll will be back for more years to come.

GREAT JOB TEXANS!!
KEEP THIS TRAIN ROLLIN!!:clap:

BEAST
11-27-2009, 09:35 PM
We will be back without a doubt. We will return 19 of the 22 starters.

BEAST

Ranger Mom
11-27-2009, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
We will be back without a doubt. We will return 19 of the 22 starters.

BEAST

WOW!! How many seniors did you (or one of you) say yall had this year? Something like 3?

lange4
11-27-2009, 09:40 PM
Congrats Wimberley. Keep Smith Healthy and y'll have a shot at going all the way. People do not realize till the game is over that while you may contain him in the 1st half, it will not last the whole game. Then you focus on Smith and Blakemore will kill you. I was told by somebody that played both teams this year that on film and on the field Wimberley had more athletes than BW. But then you have take those athletes and play as a team. Wimberley did. Great job Wimberley.

SintonFan
11-27-2009, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by KingRob
Wow, you are good!!:clap:

Awwww shucks!:)

I have seen Wimberley play a few times and know they tend to peak at the right time.
Congratulations Texans!
Sorry about the loss Lions but you guys will be back stronger next year. Strong enough to win state? Who knows.:D

Ranger Mom
11-27-2009, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan

Sorry about the loss Lions but you guys will be back stronger next year. Strong enough to win state? Who knows.:D

I'm sure Rocket will tell us!!:p

lbjacj
11-27-2009, 09:51 PM
We sat at the top row under the press box overhang and that was the loudest Wimberley fans have been in a long time!Everybody had cowbells and noisemakers and they actually forced 1 of Brownwoods fumbles when the center snapped the ball while the QB wasn't looking!Huge turnover for the Texans fans!!!:clap:

SintonFan
11-27-2009, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I'm sure Rocket will tell us!!:p

You got that right.;)

lange4
11-27-2009, 09:55 PM
That is what I am talking about, playing as a team, everybody on the same page.

BEAST
11-27-2009, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by lbjacj
Dennis Smith took him down with an open field hit to his hip.He limped to the sideline and wasn't much of a factor after that.(Though he did come back in.)

It wasn't the hit at all that hurt him, it was how he landed awkardly on his hip. He did venture back into the game a few times but he was only a shell of himself. He couldn't run. I'm pretty sure LH fans will tell you he can single handedly take over a game. Oh well, yall were beter today.

BEAST

snaxet
11-27-2009, 09:59 PM
Great game Texans. Congratulations to the players and coaches. Defense really stepped up, played extremely physical. Injuries were a key for Brownwood as 38 (main tailback was hurt early, continued to play but went out a couple of times); 25 (took a hard hit and was not really a factor after that); a couple of BW offensive lineman appeared to be moving gingerly in the second half; 14 (quarterback hurt his back on a long throw that seemed to affect him). Wimberley defense made the stops when they had to. BW did lose some key fumbles but Wimberley was driving a couple of times to really put the game out of reach and fumbled once and threw an interception another time. Offense really looked good on the drive before half and the drive in 4th_ that put them up 24-10. Brownwood came back to score but were also aided by 3 penaties one that negated an interception. All three were obvious penalties and for a moment we thought the Texans might self destruct, especially when the offense sputtered inside of 5 minutes. But hats off to the Texans; they stayed after it and will move on to play another day. Dennis Smith ran well against a defense designed to stop him. Brooks made some good runs and good decisions throughout the game.

And no Rocket, Brownwood is not WOS; Brownwood much slower than expected and not as physical. Lions played hard and Shipley caught most every ball thrown his way, but the one that could of really hurt us, the missed interception on our 35 yard line. Wow, am I glad he missed that one. Brownwood had a great season and with all of the young players should be very talented next year.

lange4
11-27-2009, 10:20 PM
Well lets down to it. Great season BW. Better season Wimberley. From what I have seen and been told the team with the most athletes won. Turnovers were a factor on both sides. Bumps and bruises happened on both sides of the ball. It is part of the game. This time of year you have to have athletes and play as a team. Wimberley did an excellant job of that. If they can do the same thing next week, they have a strong chance of moving on again. I am rooting for you,Texans.

orange machine
11-27-2009, 10:38 PM
Oh Brownwood been in 3a for 2 years now and still cant get it done.

lange4
11-27-2009, 10:46 PM
orange machine
All-State

MembRegistered: Mar 2008
er #: 7916

It is never as easy as it looks. To many factors. Main one being athletes.

orange machine
11-27-2009, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by lange4
orange machine
All-State

MembRegistered: Mar 2008
er #: 7916

It is never as easy as it looks. To many factors. Main one being athletes.

your not telling me anything i dont know.

garciap77
11-27-2009, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
SHUT UP GARCIA!!!!!

Congrats Wimbo_pro!:D

Eagle 1
11-28-2009, 01:11 AM
From what I seen at the game.

Wimberley lined up in trips, and Brownwood tried to cover them with a corner and safety. Didnt work.
Wimberley lined up in twins, and Brownwood tried to cover them with a corner. Didnt work.
Wimberley's rushing attack wore down Brownwoods defense....eventually.

Brownwood had maybe 50 yards rushing. That hurt them.
Credit Wimberley's defense.
Brownwood's young qb got rattled during the game. That hurt them. To many turnovers this late in the season, for both teams.

Shipley is probably the best receiver in all classes.
Coach Shipley will have the Lions back in the hunt next year, just give them time. It was a great first season him and his coaching staff, thats for sure.

I got to give credit to Wimberley, they played hard the whole game.

44INAROW
11-28-2009, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Thank the Lord for small favors!

How bad does is suck to lose to a team we beat? :thinking:
rofl LHPM

Congrats to the Texans :clap: :clap: :clap:

wimbo_pro
11-28-2009, 01:56 AM
BW is only losing 3 starters next year??? Are you kidding???

Well, I will give that question some thought some other time...right now, we have Graham in front of us. i'll move this to the Graham-Wimberley thread, with one last comment:

This is definitely our biggest win since WOS in '05. We believed we could win that 05 game, but we all had the "Are we fooling ourselves?" feeling inside. The difference is that we were 13-0 when we met WOS. So there was reason to be sure of the outcome (which, honestly, we weren't).

This game, however, comes after a season of some poorly played games...2 without even scoring, I think. So the VAST distance we have come is shocking to a town that has seen 6 State Champions play in the last 8 years....we know what a 4th round team looks like.

We now look like a 4th round team. Are we a 5th round team? We shall see.

Looking4number8
11-28-2009, 09:03 AM
We sat at the top row under the press box overhang and that was the loudest Wimberley fans have been in a long time!Everybody had cowbells and noisemakers and they actually forced 1 of Brownwoods fumbles when the center snapped the ball while the QB wasn't looking!Huge turnover for the Texans fans!!!:clap:

Man I have to disagree part of this. Your fans did not cause the center to snap early, you might have been loud for your standards but your crowd was marginal. Brownwood filled our side of the stadium end zone to end zone, everybody from Wimberly had 50 yard line seats.

I felt like the center had been getting hit by your nose guard hard enough all night and that is what caused the ill timed snap... by in all thruth, what do I know, it could have been the crowd but I doubt it

LionFan72
11-28-2009, 09:25 AM
Sloppy game played by two good football teams, the team will the most intensity won. Congrats Texans. Thanks go out to the Brownwood Lions for bringing a great season despite multiple games with serious injuries, a lesser team could not have overcome all the obstacles that was put before the '09 Lions. A growth year, positively! Good Job, and I am very proud to say I am a BROWNWOOD LION!

If the Texans make it next year, let's do it again in a better venue!
See you then.

BEAST
11-28-2009, 11:33 AM
Just wanted to say, had Brownwood won, starting Qb Graylon Brown would have been ready for action against Graham. Those deep balls that were jump balls would have been deep touchdowns. Graylons arm strength could have made a big a big difference. Oh well, it was a great season. 10-3 is a very good record. And next year, with 19 starters returning, the sky is the limit.

BEAST

Matthew328
11-28-2009, 12:13 PM
Brownwood will be in my pre-season top 3, they've got to stay healthy. I think Brown is the glue that holds that thing together.

BEAST
11-28-2009, 12:39 PM
Brown is a great playmaker. He's the leader. With that said, it's kind of hard to believe we had 5 Qbs play this season, and the 4th one carried us to the 3rd round of the playoffs.

BEAST

wimbo_pro
11-28-2009, 12:44 PM
Brown is a great playmaker. He's the leader. With that said, it's kind of hard to believe we had 5 Qbs play this season, and the 4th one carried us to the 3rd round of the playoffs.

BEAST

Good point Beast. When our QB went down with a collar bone problem, we didnt even score in the two games. I cant believe you have lost that many QB's.

Emerson1
11-28-2009, 01:31 PM
I was at the very top row too, towards the right.

No offense, but wimberly fans cry to much. Every play according to that group there was holding on brownwood.

and no offense again, but I doubt the 50 wimberly fans who were there rattled the QB.

#5 for Wimb is a beast, forgot when it was, but the play where the got stopped in the middle but broke all of the tackles and took it 20 more yards was amazing.

Jaxon Shipley is also a beast. Don't understand how they use him though. The QB obviously has a weak arm, yet they still just threw it up to him instead of going across the middle and letting him get the ball and run.

and Wimb fans, what did you think about Bwoods video entrance being played? haha

Eagle 1
11-28-2009, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
I was at the very top row too, towards the right.

No offense, but wimberly fans cry to much. Every play according to that group there was holding on brownwood.

and no offense again, but I doubt the 50 wimberly fans who were there rattled the QB.

#5 for Wimb is a beast, forgot when it was, but the play where the got stopped in the middle but broke all of the tackles and took it 20 more yards was amazing.

Jaxon Shipley is also a beast. Don't understand how they use him though. The QB obviously has a weak arm, yet they still just threw it up to him instead of going across the middle and letting him get the ball and run.

and Wimb fans, what did you think about Bwoods video entrance being played? haha

That weaked arm qb is the 3rd string qb since the other two were out with season ending injuries, and is just a Soph.
Remind us, how many years of high school football did you play?
Oh thats right, you were in the band. :doh:

Rocket
11-28-2009, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by Eagle 1
That weaked arm qb is the 3rd string qb since the other two were out with season ending injuries, and is just a Soph.

Eagle1. With Longoria and Brown healthy, how do you think Brownwood will do next season?

Eagle 1
11-28-2009, 11:29 PM
Eagle1. With Longoria and Brown healthy, how do you think Brownwood will do next season?

I think the Lions need to get in the weight room and put on a some more size.

With all the starters coming back one things for sure, the Lions will be in contention again. ;)

BEAST
11-28-2009, 11:38 PM
Don't worry. The offseason will be pure hell. I've already been made well aware of that by Jaxon. Plus, rumor has it, the dam has let loose in the other side of the bayou. Looks like alot of kids want a quality education. We will finish it next year.

BEAST

Eagle 1
11-28-2009, 11:42 PM
Don't worry. The offseason will be pure hell. I've already been made well aware of that by Jaxon. Plus, rumor has it, the dam has let loose in the other side of the bayou. Looks like alot of kids want a quality education. We will finish it next year.

BEAST

So your saying some horns will now be lions?
Whats new about that? :D

SintonFan
11-29-2009, 12:14 AM

What?
My son plays football and is in the orchestra.
What difference is it if you do one or the other and post here?
Emerson1 has had many good points here for a long time.
Your statement is very arrogant and way "left-field".:rolleyes:

wimbo_pro
11-29-2009, 12:17 AM

BEAST

someone translate this for me please?

SintonFan
11-29-2009, 12:37 AM
someone translate this for me please?

We lost and are now playing basketball.:nerd:

Eagle 1
11-29-2009, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
What?
My son plays football and is in the orchestra.
What difference is it if you do one or the other and post here?
Emerson1 has had many good points here for a long time.
Your statement is very arrogant and way "left-field".:rolleyes:

Take it how you want. :rolleyes:

Emerson1
11-29-2009, 11:52 AM
More excuses, pretty pathetic.

Nope no band, played 1 year of fball then played golf the rest and ended my sports career happy with scholarship money. I won't ever try to live vicariously through my kids like you have to do either though so I'm all good with not playing.

Eagle 1
11-29-2009, 12:00 PM
More excuses, pretty pathetic.

Nope no band, played 1 year of fball then played golf the rest and ended my sports career happy with scholarship money. I won't ever try to live vicariously through my kids like you have to do either though so I'm all good with not playing.

No excuses, just reality.

One year of Jr high?
I'm proud of my all-state kids, nothing wrong with that.

Emerson1
11-29-2009, 12:02 PM
No excuses, just reality.

One year of Jr high?
I'm proud of my all-state kids, nothing wrong with that.
According to bwood fan who PMed me earlier asking about crowd size he is a jr. You are making actual bwood fans look pretty pathetic. You shouldn't bash players like that they are just kids trying their best.

Well 3 years total I guess if you count jr high

I'm sure they are in your mind.

Then again i forgot everyones kids here are all state, never speed, have never drank a sip of alcohol and are perfect little angels.

Eagle 1
11-29-2009, 12:10 PM
According to bwood fan who PMed me earlier asking about crowd size he is a jr. You are making actual bwood fans look pretty pathetic. You shouldn't bash players like that they are just kids trying their best.

Well 3 years total I guess if you count jr high

I'm sure they are in your mind.

Then again i forgot everyones kids here are all state, never speed, have never drank a sip of alcohol and are perfect little angels.

Somebody from Brownwood correct me if I'm wrong, but your 3rd string qb is a Soph, correct? I'm not down playing him, you were when you said something about his weak arm. Remember?
So you didnt play varsity football, just road the pine as a freshman? I see now. At least Brownwood's Soph qb played, and you didnt.
My sons were first team all-state players, you can believe it or not. One at linebacker, and the other at defesive end.

I take it you were an all-state golfer?

Gobbla2001
11-29-2009, 12:25 PM
I'm not down playing him, you were when you said something about his weak arm.

Damn, lotta folk gettin' butt-hurt over a football fan saying a QB had a weak arm... half of the QBs around the state have weak arms... he either has a weak arm or doesn't... it's not down-playing, it's not insulting... I have a weak arm when it comes to throwing a football...

The wussification of America is working, folks...

LE Dad
11-29-2009, 12:28 PM
someone translate this for me please? I think it means someone is spending way too much time with HS boys. That Bwd thinks they are going to recuit some kids and that someone has been:smoker: smoking a little too much... how do ya say it Rocket?? Crap.:D

Gobbla2001
11-29-2009, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Damn, lotta folk gettin' butt-hurt over a football fan saying a QB had a weak arm... half of the QBs around the state have weak arms... he either has a weak arm or doesn't... it's not down-playing, it's not insulting... I have a weak arm when it comes to throwing a football...

The wussification of America is working, folks...

and I left out, the whole point of Emerson's comment was not about the QB, it was about the play-calling when you have a QB with a weaker arm...

get off the offended-class bandwagon folks, it's un-Texan...

Eagle 1
11-29-2009, 12:36 PM
and I left out, the whole point of Emerson's comment was not about the QB, it was about the play-calling when you have a QB with a weaker arm...

get off the offended-class bandwagon folks, it's un-Texan...

Yes, I stand corrected.
It is very Texan to call a Soph. qb weaked armed, when you never played a down of High School football yourself.
What was I thinking? :doh:

Gobbla2001
11-29-2009, 12:40 PM
Yes, I stand corrected.
It is very Texan to call a Soph. qb weaked armed, when you never played a down of High School football yourself.
What was I thinking? :doh:

Dude, the sopho. QB either has a weak arm or doesn't... it's not an insult, it's either a fact or a lie...

you guys watch Oprah?

Gobbla2001
11-29-2009, 12:48 PM
Emerson1 said:

"Jaxon Shipley is also a beast. Don't understand how they use him though. The QB obviously has a weak arm, yet they still just threw it up to him instead of going across the middle and letting him get the ball and run."

He never insults the QB... he made the observation that the QB had a weak arm and didn't understand why they wanted to go deep with a weaker-armed QB...

you guys are lame... Shipley himself would probably say he isn't a strong-armed QB if that is indeed the case...

I bet you guys cried along with Oprah the other day when she set a date for her show to end...

Probably order your kids championship rings and trophies when they don't win anything, just so they don't feel bad and left out...

Gobbla2001
11-29-2009, 01:03 PM
http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/8237/dawsoncrying.jpg

Eagle 1
11-29-2009, 01:12 PM
Emerson1 said:

"Jaxon Shipley is also a beast. Don't understand how they use him though. The QB obviously has a weak arm, yet they still just threw it up to him instead of going across the middle and letting him get the ball and run."

He never insults the QB... he made the observation that the QB had a weak arm and didn't understand why they wanted to go deep with a weaker-armed QB...

you guys are lame... Shipley himself would probably say he isn't a strong-armed QB if that is indeed the case...

I bet you guys cried along with Oprah the other day when she set a date for her show to end...

Probably order your kids championship rings and trophies when they don't win anything, just so they don't feel bad and left out...

Thats a creiditable observation by somebody who never played a down of high school football. :clap:

Looking4number8
11-29-2009, 01:17 PM
The 4th string qb is a junior (the one we used the majority of the season including all 3 playoff games) that has never played qb before. He has a really strong arm and pitches during baseball but he just does not have the touch on a ball that an experinced qb has. Makes the deeper passes more likely to be intercepted. I belive Coach Shipley either thru it short and safe or to Jaxon and sometimes Chaistain.

The 2nd string QB was Jaxon Shipley. When Brown got hurt against Stephenville, Shipley was still on the sidelines with a shoulder injury. The 3rd string(who is a sophomre) took over until he got hurt against Wylie. We tried Shipley at qb a little during the Wylie game but really needed him at the reciever postion

jason
11-29-2009, 01:21 PM
brownwood got beat because they couldn't stop the run, had a weak passing game, couldn't break wimberlys defense, and turnovers.....

they won the pre-game video award though, maybe they'll get ribbons for that at their fall sports assembly...

Eagle 1
11-29-2009, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
The 4th string qb is a junior (the one we used the majority of the season including all 3 playoff games) that has never played qb before. He has a really strong arm and pitches during baseball but he just does not have the touch on a ball that an experinced qb has. Makes the deeper passes more likely to be intercepted. I belive Coach Shipley either thru it short and safe or to Jaxon and sometimes Chaistain.

The 2nd string QB was Jaxon Shipley. When Brown got hurt against Stephenville, Shipley was still on the sidelines with a shoulder injury. The 3rd string(who is a sophomre) took over until he got hurt against Wylie. We tried Shipley at qb a little during the Wylie game but really needed him at the reciever postion

I stand corrected, he's a junior.
Still makes no difference, somebody who never played high school football calling him "weaked arm".:rolleyes:

44INAROW
11-29-2009, 01:31 PM
this thread is getting close to being closed.. :hand:

BwdLion73
11-29-2009, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
this thread is getting close to being closed.. :hand:

: :clap:

LE Dad
11-29-2009, 01:59 PM
Better hurry Doc!! :D