PDA

View Full Version : What Carthage Defense

N4SIR
11-20-2009, 11:03 PM
Hey lost aussie and oldtownag -- what happened to that bad a** Carthage defense you were talking about earlier this week? Although Mexia lost the game they had there way with the Bulldogs. Listening to the game on the internet the Carthage announcers said the Bulldogs "couln't stop Mexia tonight". Carthage got by tonight but they will get knocked off before the State Championship.

TheDOCTORdre
11-20-2009, 11:07 PM
Damn did I stumble into that alternate universe where winning the game isnt the most important thing? Apparently Carthage stopped Mexia when it counted

IHStangFan
11-20-2009, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
Damn did I stumble into that alternate universe where winning the game isnt the most important thing? Apparently Carthage stopped Mexia when it counted LOL +1

Pawdaddy
11-20-2009, 11:12 PM
Doc, you are right about winning is the most important thing. They did make winning look a whole lot like escaping though. Congratulations go to the defending champs. They pulled ANOTHER one out of the hat. I want them to hold on long enough for me to see a Carthage/Pittsburg Championship game.

N4SIR
11-20-2009, 11:17 PM
Damn did I stumble into that alternate universe where winning the game isnt the most important thing? Apparently Carthage stopped Mexia when it counted
Just trying to make the point that the Carthage defense people are talking about ain't as tough as everyone seems to think and that Carthage is going down before it's all said and done.

TheDOCTORdre
11-20-2009, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by Pawdaddy
Doc, you are right about winning is the most important thing. They did make winning look a whole lot like escaping though.

Oh I agree I just think its hilarious to see somebody rush on here after they won and trying to put them down right away...

Its like "What Carthage Defense?"
and I'm thinking "The one that is still playing next week":D

bigdiz
11-20-2009, 11:27 PM
Same could be said about Mexia they didnt stop Carthage all night either i know no one was on here touting there defense but lets remeber Carthage is still the State champs until they are beat . BTW Mexia was awesome i will give them their due great game

Pawdaddy
11-20-2009, 11:28 PM
and I'm thinking "The one that is still playing next week":D

I understand both angles. They are still playing next week. But there was a lot of talk about their defense shutting Mexia down. I am not sure what they ended up with but Mexia had close to 300 yards at halftime.

Like I said, it looked more like escaping, but in the playoffs, tell me one team that would not take it!

N4SIR
11-20-2009, 11:36 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
[B]Oh I agree I just think its hilarious to see somebody rush on here after they won and trying to put them down right away...

Not putting Carthage down at all. Just hooraing a couple of fellow posters.

TheDOCTORdre
11-20-2009, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by N4SIR

Not putting Carthage down at all. Just hooraing a couple of fellow posters.

yeah I know I'm just having a little fun with you too

Pawdaddy
11-20-2009, 11:40 PM
yeah I know I'm just having a little fun with you too

Hey, I'm jacking with both of you. I don't want you to sleep tonight.

oldtownag
11-20-2009, 11:46 PM
Hey lost aussie and oldtownag -- what happened to that bad a** Carthage defense you were talking about earlier this week?

I don't remember saying their defense was bad ass.

But I might have:)

The Mexia offense was a great test. Their QB and RB were very good. The lack of a kicking game really hurt Mexia. Carthage basically scored on every possession except the first which ended with a INT.

oldtownag
11-20-2009, 11:47 PM
P.S. The Carthage offense is bad ass!

N4SIR
11-20-2009, 11:48 PM
Maybe I should have said you insinuated they were bad a** when you mentioned they held Jasper to just 2 yards in the second half. Ring a bell?

IHStangFan
11-20-2009, 11:49 PM
Oh I agree I just think its hilarious to see somebody rush on here after they won and trying to put them down right away...

and I'm thinking "The one that is still playing next week":D LOL...."THAT JUST HAPPENED!!!"

oldtownag
11-20-2009, 11:52 PM
Maybe I should have said you insinuated they were bad a** when you mentioned they held Jasper to just 2 yards in the second half. Ring a bell?

Maybe I was insinuating (sp?) that Jasper offense was not bad ass!

N4SIR
11-20-2009, 11:56 PM
Neither the Jasper offense nor the Carhtage offense is anywhere close to bad ass

oldtownag
11-20-2009, 11:58 PM
Well all I have to say to a Gilmer fan is SCOREBOARD!:)

P.S. And good luck tomorrow

N4SIR
11-21-2009, 12:00 AM
Come on out to Mesquite tomorrow afternoon and see what a real bad ass offense looks like

Lion_Addict
11-21-2009, 12:00 AM
Carthage game tomorrow?

N4SIR
11-21-2009, 12:01 AM
Carthage plays on Friday nights. Only the elite teams play on Saturday afternoons. BTW - we will be playing Navasota next Saturday afternoon in Lufkin

oldtownag
11-21-2009, 12:02 AM
Come on out to Mesquite tomorrow afternoon and see what a real bad ass offense looks like

I will be in College Station or I would be there rooting for the Buckeyes. (despite you)

DaHop72
11-21-2009, 12:36 AM
I understand both angles. They are still playing next week. But there was a lot of talk about their defense shutting Mexia down. I am not sure what they ended up with but Mexia had close to 300 yards at halftime.

Like I said, it looked more like escaping, but in the playoffs, tell me one team that would not take it!

Carthage WILL NOT survive against Mexia. Mark this post, tag it, highlight it, tie a string around it.......but do not forget to tell me that you were notified! :devil: :devil:

Emerson1
11-21-2009, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by Lion_Addict
Carthage game tomorrow?
Was tonight in Forney.

Score anyone?????

and who is playing in Mesquite tomorrow?

N4SIR
11-21-2009, 12:44 AM
I think the final was Carthage 35 Mexia 26.
Gilmer plays Waco La Vega tomorrow at 2 PM in Mesquite

IHStangFan
11-21-2009, 01:11 AM
Come on out to Mesquite tomorrow afternoon and see what a real bad ass offense looks like :blahblah:

Pawdaddy
11-21-2009, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by DaHop72
:devil: :devil:

Yes, Mr. DaHop, I am here. I hear you loud and clear. Carthage made the plays when they had to and they did SURVIVE. I listened via internet to almost the whole game and it was definitely not a game that Carthage would probably want to have to play again. A fumble going into the half by Mexia and a couple of plays (penalty and Carthage fumble recovered by Carthage) late in the 4th really turned out to be backbreakers. But, Carthage plays next week and "that is all that matters" at this time of year.

I stand corrected.

DaHop72
11-21-2009, 10:13 AM
Yes, Mr. DaHop, I am here. I hear you loud and clear. Carthage made the plays when they had to and they did SURVIVE. I listened via internet to almost the whole game and it was definitely not a game that Carthage would probably want to have to play again. A fumble going into the half by Mexia and a couple of plays (penalty and Carthage fumble recovered by Carthage) late in the 4th really turned out to be backbreakers. But, Carthage plays next week and "that is all that matters" at this time of year.

I stand corrected. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Great post Pawdaddy, there are a lot of people on this board that should read this and learn. Well played.

N4SIR
11-21-2009, 10:55 AM
Don't flatter him too much --- his head is already big enough!