PDA

View Full Version : Parking at the Mustang Bowl

Z-RO
11-20-2009, 02:35 AM
I am just assuming that this big open space is where everybody parks? If not could somebody please let me know otherwise?

http://i810.photobucket.com/albums/zz30/zrozrozro/smb.jpg

squid
11-20-2009, 07:32 AM
that is one place to park, there is 'some' parking around the school and some of the lots scattered around. But we always get there too late for any p/l, and end up having to park on the street in front of someones house.

Maybe some of the S'water folks can advise you better....along with getting there a bit early.

GetRDoneStangs
11-20-2009, 08:13 AM
There is more parking on the west side than on the east. Several caliche and a paved lot, on the east side there is a few lots around the school and like stated above you can park on the street in front of people homes.

stang92
11-20-2009, 08:21 AM
the Mustang Bowl in Andrews is a larger and much nicer facility than the bowl in Sweetwater. Of course Andrews has more $$ than S'water

M-town lobo fan
11-20-2009, 08:43 AM
Mustang Bowl is the worse parking in Texas Highghschool Football that I been to.If your not the first 50 to get there your out of luck.You have to go look for a parking spot in the neighbor hood,leave your car at lord knows who's house and walk a mile.It Sux!

TheDOCTORdre
11-20-2009, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by stang92
the Mustang Bowl in Andrews is a larger and much nicer facility than the bowl in Sweetwater. Of course Andrews has more $$ than S'water

This boy is crazy, Mustangs Taco in Andrews sucks compared to THE Bowl...I think Sweetwater needs to be like THE Ohio State University, and have it called THE Mustang Bowl...parking des suck though.

DU_stud04
11-20-2009, 09:46 AM
the Mustang Bowl in Andrews is a larger and much nicer facility than the bowl in Sweetwater. Of course Andrews has more $$ than S'water andrews doesnt have a bowl, they have a taco shell. ;)

LE Dad
11-20-2009, 10:07 AM
I did not mind parking on the street. The neighborhood appeared nice and the walk wasn't that bad. I wish ya'll would do something about that cold wind though:D
I have never experienced anything like that :eek: :eek:

:thinking:Maybe make the Mustang Dome :confused: :confused:

95mustang
11-20-2009, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
This boy is crazy, Mustangs Taco in Andrews sucks compared to THE Bowl...I think Sweetwater needs to be like THE Ohio State University, and have it called THE Mustang Bowl...parking des suck though.

Dre put down the pipe. Andrews has one of the nicest facilities in highschool football.

TheDOCTORdre
11-20-2009, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by 95mustang
Dre put down the pipe. Andrews has one of the nicest facilities in highschool football.

its not a Bowl:D

'84 Stang
11-20-2009, 10:53 AM
95 Mustang.......what in the wide world of sports are you talking about????? I have been to the Taco shell ( hell ) .....and it sucks!!!! And Parking???? Good Grief people so you have to walk a few hundered feet......I'm sure you can use the freakin exercise after you eat at Mrs. Allens!!!!

BwdLions
11-20-2009, 11:12 AM
84Stang I take it by your name that you graduated S'water in 1984? If so, you guys had some really good football teams while you were there. I graduated from Brownwood in 1983.

STANG RED
11-20-2009, 11:36 AM
There is actually tons (way more than most 3A stadiums) of parking at THE Mustang Bowl now, but most of it is on the west side, on the opposite side of the street. Pretty much 5 city blocks of parking. Very little on the east side though. I usually park at the softball field, which is just right across the street.

'84 Stang
11-20-2009, 11:39 AM
Well Thanks BwdLion.....and just to remind folks.....we were 1-9 in 1979 and the one win was by forfiet.....6 years later we are State Champs in 4A beating the likes of Ft. Worth Brewer, Cleburne, Austin Westlake, Denison, and Tomball. The best High School game that I ever saw was played there in Brownwood in 1986 when my brothers team tied Austin Westlake 21-21 but advanced on penetrations and scored the tying touchdown late in the 4th quarter in the State Semi Final Game. Cleburne talked so much smack about the little West Texas team that they were going to kill......I think it was 42-0 at half time and then we returned the opening kick-off in the second half for a TD and their stands suddenly emptied out!!!!

Phantom Stang
11-20-2009, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by M-town lobo fan
Mustang Bowl is the worse parking in Texas Highghschool Football that I been to.!
Obviously you haven't been to Mustang/Panther Stadium in Grapevine.

BTW, the GCISD has more sense than to call their stadium a "bowl", even though one look will tell you that it's what the joint in Andrews wants to be when it grows up. :p

Ex-Tiger2005
11-20-2009, 12:31 PM

Whoa! :hand: You must not have seen the renovations! Its nice now! T.V.s in the consession stand! :eek: