PDA

View Full Version : Which Yoakum Team Will Show Up?

txsportswriter
11-20-2009, 01:01 AM
I've had the honor to cover every single scrimmage and game for the Yoakum Bulldogs this season along with a handful of practices and I can tell you this, the 2009 Yoakum Bulldogs can play like the best team in the state and beat anybody OR play like a mediocre team and get beat by anybody in the state. I support my Bulldogs 110% and root for them to win every single game, but I shoot straight from the hip and tell you how I see it. If Yoakum really, really digs deep and plays with reckless abandon and plays with tons of intensity, heart and desire, they can't be beat. The Bulldogs have enough talent and people in the right spots, that a run at the Division II state championship is not out of question. I've been around them long enough and I've covered numerous HS football teams to know a good one when I see it. With that said, however, this same team can come out flat and have the deer-in-the-headlights look and lose if they get overwhelmed at the start. They also seem to have an on-off switch type of personality and in the playoffs, that can cost you. That switch has to come on and stay on in the playoffs. The team will get down on itself at times and sometimes, a comeback won't always get you out of a hole. I'm not quite sure all the guys on the team believe they are good enough to keep playing into December, but if they ever do REALLY start believing, then watch out. I don't think they know just how good they really are. With all this said, let's just hope the good Yoakum team shows up on Saturday night. HAVE FAITH AND BELIEVE --- GO BULLDOGS!!!!!

29-3aFAN
11-20-2009, 02:07 AM
DITTO

fourbeee
11-20-2009, 12:01 PM
Yep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GreenMachine
11-20-2009, 12:23 PM
Hopefully the one that will beat Royal! :thumbsup: