PDA

View Full Version : SEALY 17 - STAFFORD 13

Tiger Turtle
10-12-2002, 12:10 AM
In a very even game (statistically) Sealy held off a last-second comeback try by the Stafford Spartans (aided by the infamous Stafford clock operator) to seal a hard-fought 17-13 District opening victory. Sealy (5-1/1-0) had 196 yards total offense while Stafford (3-2/0-1) had 184. Sealy's Emeal Andrus was held under 100 yards for the first time this season by the Spartan defense.
frown

Pudlugger
10-13-2002, 09:03 AM
Congrats Tiger Turtle, Sealy is off to a good start in District 23 3A. That district is turning out to be a real tough one with Navasota coming on now plus Columbus and Bellville, not to mention that Stafford is winning this year after a long dry spell. Bellville and Columbus better prepare for next week 'cause Navasota and Stafford are playing as if they have nothing to lose and everything to gain. I expect one upset from those two matcxh-ups. As for Hempstead, I think they will have trouble stopping the Sealy running game and the Tiger defense will be real tough. Good luck the rest of the way.

FBmania
10-13-2002, 09:36 AM
Congrats! Sealy Tigers. Looks like Stafford has a very good team to hang with yall that close.
Question! Does Andrew Clauson still play for the Tigers or did he graduate last year? He attended BH as a youngster. And I would like to know how he is doing?

<small>[ October 13, 2002, 03:25 PM: Message edited by: FBmania ]</small>

Tiger Turtle
10-13-2002, 08:06 PM
Andrew is a senior defensive tackle and is having a good year. Our defense is playing well right now and Andrew and his running mates on the inside are a large factor in our run defense. Stafford has a much better team this year with lots of size and our usual undersized defensive linemen arefighting for their lives every week.

FBmania
10-13-2002, 10:42 PM
Tiger Turtle:
Andrew is a senior defensive tackle and is having a good year. Our defense is playing well right now and Andrew and his running mates on the inside are a large factor in our run defense. Stafford has a much better team this year with lots of size and our usual undersized defensive linemen arefighting for their lives every week.Thanks for the info Tiger Turtle, we knew when their family moved away that we were losing a very good football player. We wish Andrew and all the Sealy Tigers the best!

IBRINGTHEHAT
10-15-2002, 07:55 PM
I still believe Hempstead is not the pushovers that everyone is writing them off to be!!

Tiger Turtle
10-16-2002, 10:51 AM
According to our scouting report, they have good athletes and are starting to make progress getting the new system in place. They look to be struggling to decide what their identity on offense is going to be. In this district, there are no pushovers anymore. With the progress Stafford has made, you better come to play every Friday.

IBRINGTHEHAT
10-17-2002, 06:11 PM
You are absolutely right. I firmly believe that you have to be prepared to give it your all on any given friday night if you want to win. Some people tend to give their God given talent forgranted and never sell out. I have to work extremely hard to get what i have and I LOVE THIS GAME, win or lose. Best of luck Friday.