PDA

View Full Version : Astrodome

Silsbee1989
11-19-2009, 02:53 PM
Will there be any State games played in the Astrodome or Reliant stadium this year ??????

sahen
11-19-2009, 02:58 PM
they havent used the astrodome in years....something about the katrina victims messed it up some and it costs too much....dunno about reliant...

Silsbee1989
11-19-2009, 03:03 PM
Dont they still do those ALL day saturday High school playoffs at some of these stadiums in texas? Where at?

sahen
11-19-2009, 03:53 PM
if you want houston area, then check out the schedules at the big high school stadiums...woodforest in the woodlands normally has a game or two, berry center in cypress, rhodes stadium in katy, galena park stadium in galena park, etc....it is hard to find that old 3 games in one day deal that we used to get w/ the dome now though....typically you may get 2 saturday games at some of the bigger stadiums but now that we are in the second week you may not even find that....

Silsbee1989
11-19-2009, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by sahen
if you want houston area, then check out the schedules at the big high school stadiums...woodforest in the woodlands normally has a game or two, berry center in cypress, rhodes stadium in katy, galena park stadium in galena park, etc....it is hard to find that old 3 games in one day deal that we used to get w/ the dome now though....typically you may get 2 saturday games at some of the bigger stadiums but now that we are in the second week you may not even find that.... Thanks !!!!! We got Navasota tomorrow night at the new Woodforest stadium. I hear it's REALLY nice.

HEMOTOXIC
11-19-2009, 04:28 PM
they havent used the astrodome in years....something about the katrina victims messed it up some and it costs too much....dunno about reliant...

Come on now, you have to be a moron to believe something like that. The Astrodome was well past its time way before Hurricane Katrina evacuees used the facility. :doh: :hand:

Maroon87
11-19-2009, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by Silsbee1989
Thanks !!!!! We got Navasota tomorrow night at the new Woodforest stadium. I hear it's REALLY nice.

Yes it is...too bad I'm headed out of town or I would go to that game.:cool:

sahen
11-19-2009, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
Come on now, you have to be a moron to believe something like that. The Astrodome was well past its time way before Hurricane Katrina evacuees used the facility. :doh: :hand:

im pretty sure they used the dome for highschool games up until the year before katrina hit....after katrina they said that some stuff got messed up inside and that it was too expensive to maintain anyway so it was no longer going to be used....i know they used the dome up until at least fall 2002 for games because i went to games there all through high school, it isnt very hard to think that they used the thing a couple more years....the thing was expensive to maintain the gist i got was the katrina thing was the straw that broke the camels back....

sahen
11-19-2009, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by Silsbee1989
Thanks !!!!! We got Navasota tomorrow night at the new Woodforest stadium. I hear it's REALLY nice.

went there last year for a game dayton played...you will like the stadium, it is very nice

HEMOTOXIC
11-19-2009, 04:40 PM
im pretty sure they used the dome for highschool games up until the year before katrina hit....after katrina they said that some stuff got messed up inside and that it was too expensive to maintain anyway so it was no longer going to be used....i know they used the dome up until at least fall 2002 for games because i went to games there all through high school, it isnt very hard to think that they used the thing a couple more years....the thing was expensive to maintain the gist i got was the katrina thing was the straw that broke the camels back....

Okay, that makes more sense. But, it was a dump when Navasota played Brenham in 2003. :D

sahen
11-19-2009, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
Okay, that makes more sense. But, it was a dump when Navasota played Brenham in 2003. :D

it wasnt nice in its later years but it was servicable and a pretty neat place to go come playoff time...you could get there on saturday morning and get to watch 3 playoff games....typically they were big games in different classifications as well...cant really do that anywhere now...there is the occasional double header but thats it...

HEMOTOXIC
11-19-2009, 06:09 PM
it wasnt nice in its later years but it was servicable and a pretty neat place to go come playoff time...you could get there on saturday morning and get to watch 3 playoff games....typically they were big games in different classifications as well...cant really do that anywhere now...there is the occasional double header but thats it...

True. When I was younger my dad or my friends' fathers would take me for an all day event at the Dome.

ronwx5x
11-19-2009, 06:33 PM
The Dome was still being used periodically until 2005, when Katrina hit. There were concerts scheduled there which had to be cancled. It has not been used since the Ike refugees moved on. I understand it is a mess now, due to non-maintenance.