PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone on here read the AAS Online?

shamu85
11-19-2009, 01:05 PM
Rick Cantu is a complete moron. I don't know how many times he has mistakes or errors in his HS Football articles. He actually had the gall to write on a live chat one time that DCTF had no credibility on Central Texas football because they were based out of Houston or somewhere. What a tool!

Check out his article title and the one paragraph from the article I included.

Georgetown wants to its take 1st trip (WTH does this mean?)

"We always knew we had the talent to beat (the Warriors)," said senior middle linebacker Shelbi Goode, also known as "Stud" to her teammates and coaches.

What exactly is a volleyball middle linebacker?

link to article (http://www.statesman.com/sports/content/sports/stories/highschool/2009/11/19/1119georgetown.html)

Raider Red
11-19-2009, 01:09 PM
I think the article says MIDDLE BLOCKER, not linebacker.

NastySlot
11-19-2009, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by shamu85
Rick Cantu is a complete moron. I don't know how many times he has mistakes or errors in his HS Football articles. He actually had the gall to write on a live chat one time that DCTF had no credibility on Central Texas football because they were based out of Houston or somewhere. What a tool!

Check out his article title and the one paragraph from the article I included.

Georgetown wants to its take 1st trip (WTH does this mean?)

"We always knew we had the talent to beat (the Warriors)," said senior middle linebacker Shelbi Goode, also known as "Stud" to her teammates and coaches.

What exactly is a volleyball middle linebacker?

link to article (http://www.statesman.com/sports/content/sports/stories/highschool/2009/11/19/1119georgetown.html)

the statesman has a very sorry sports page.

shamu85
11-19-2009, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by Raider Red
I think the article says MIDDLE BLOCKER, not linebacker.

No it doesn't. I copied that directly from the article online. That's the whole point. Did you even read the article? I would bet that Rick Cantu thinks it is called a middle linebacker.

shamu85
11-19-2009, 01:17 PM
No it doesn't. I copied that directly from the article online. That's the whole point. Did you even read the article? I would bet that Rick Cantu thinks it is called a middle linebacker.

Hahaha. Somebody did an edit on the article. AAS Sucks!

TheDOCTORdre
11-19-2009, 01:17 PM

actually I just read the article and it does indeed say middle blocker

shamu85
11-19-2009, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
actually I just read the article and it does indeed say middle blocker

Yeah, they edited the title, too. I copied directly from the original article in my post. That's the kind of thing you can expect from that rag, though.

Gobbla2001
11-19-2009, 01:29 PM
I know the AAS isn't the best paper ever, but a little error like "middle linebacker" instead of "middle blocker" isn't that big of a deal, I'm sure the best of papers have mistakes like that... it is the heat of football season, you know...

Gobbla2001
11-19-2009, 01:31 PM
That's the kind of thing you can expect from that rag, though.

Haha, what, they edit their mistakes? I'd expect anyone writing anything to do that when possible...

seriously, not an AAS fan myself but these are common things...

shamu85
11-19-2009, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Haha, what, they edit their mistakes? I'd expect anyone writing anything to do that when possible...

seriously, not an AAS fan myself but these are common things...

You obviously don't read much of Rick Cantu. Sure, type-o's are common things. Middle linebacker as opposed to middle blocker is not common, and I would wager Rick Cantu didn't know it was called middle blocker.

Sure, they edit their mistakes. AAS has more than most, though. Sad, that it doesn't get edited before it gets posted. It's not like the article was breaking news and had to be posted before anyone else got the scoop.

Gobbla2001
11-19-2009, 01:48 PM

I'm not saying Rick Cantu is a genius, he probably is lame like most at the AAS, but I'm serious those aren't very big mistakes...

No, posting a story with an error that says a middle blocker is a middle linebacker instead is not common... but my point is I'm sure Cantu has more middle linebackers on his mind than middle blockers this time of year...

Sure you might be makin' love with your old lady, but if you got Susanne from the bar on your mind you might say "oooh, Susanne baby!"...

really I'm just giving you a hard time... your general opinion of this Cantu fella is probably based off more serious errors and nonsense than something as small as these typos... just thought it was funny... lata