PDA

View Full Version : A few thoughts on Liberty/Bridge City

Old Cardinal
09-04-2003, 11:38 AM
I respect what Coach Tarver is doing in BC, in that he is desperately trying to gel a young ball team. You would have thought that Michael Gauthier would have carried more than 13 time for 105 yards-why that's 8 yards a carry! Instead it was Sophomore Dale Armand, toteing the ball and scoring the TD, on the first drive...Liberty better key on Armand, or he will burn them. Again, Jon Landry carried only a few times: Tarver was exposing & training other very young runners. He used all 3 QB's about equal time; had Hunter Hays not been hurt, he also would have QB'ed, 25% of the time. I think that 6' 3" 180# Cody Sparks who won the 110 hurdles for the Hi. School as a NINTH GRADER, and helded his own at Regional, will be coming around to the adjustments needed, and will excel by season's end. This Sophomore kid is fast and has real potential with the ball in his hands......Liberty on the other hand, is a very mature team, that team, once-in-a-decade for most schools, that has deep depth and skilled seasoned players. Any time you can get a number of Postseason games under your belt, and return a host of starters-you should have a good preseason! ....It will be a totally different game situation, this year, for Liberty and Bridge City. Bridge City will enter the field with a host of players that don't even have their Driver's License, and will be a very deep underdog to a very mature older Panther squad, that is looking for a big Postseason....Tarver, evidently will stick to his strategy and probably lose the first 3 games; but try to somehow have enough fresh playing experience for his youngesters; to try to get one of the Playoff spots, later. Bridge City's athletes have not peaked as yet, and we will just have to see if the long-range strategy pays off......His other option, of course, is to let Gauthier carry 35 times and Landry 20 times and try to win the early games, and not worry about depth development of the other young backs, District preparation, or possible Postseason--- just "win what you can now"....Depth is the name of the game, for both of these teams, if they have it beginning Postseason, it will make a big difference.

Compudyne
09-04-2003, 12:15 PM
I thought yousaid a FEW thoughts. Why don't you quit making excuses for your team and just support them. Last week, all you did was talk about BC playing 4A LCM. Ya'll have been beating them the last several and them being 4A was not that big of a deal. Now that BC is struggling a little, Big BAD LCM is 4A LCM. Quit complaining about everything and how things are being done. You seemed to like everything just fine when BC was going 3 rounds deep. Heck, they may go 3 rounds deep this year for all you know. Alot of teams have won with sophomores before. Quit making excuses before every game and start backing your Cardinals like you used to.

Old Cardinal
09-04-2003, 12:54 PM
Fella, I have made a lot of entries on this board and have wondered why you have to be so personal, each time...Read it again, its not excuses, it makes good sense to those close to the Liberty/Bridge City game situation. This is an accurate analysis of tomorrow nights game, and the players involved: intended to promote interest in these two teams...Why don't you worry about your own team..?

<small>[ September 04, 2003, 12:55 PM: Message edited by: Old Cardinal ]</small>

Compudyne
09-04-2003, 01:02 PM
Old Card, don't get your feelings hurt cause I shared my opinions with you. That is just the way I interpreted your posts. I saw it as excuses of why BC may not win the game. Last week it was 4A, this week, no one on BC team has a drivers license. WHATEVER.

EAGLETOWN
09-04-2003, 01:20 PM
eek! I agree with Compudyne. Quit whinning and making excuses about how young BC is losing OC. I read the first half and said to my self before I even read Compudynes post. Here goes OC whinning about BC again. Enough already if they get beat they get beat. I guess next year when most of the Juniors are possibly winning every game they will be the best team BC has had in decades and man wait till they are all seasoned Seniors. (INTERESTING FACTS) to me are statistics before and after the game. This is all excuses, and before the game at that. It is like your saying please BIG BAD LIBERTY don't hurt our young players. frown

Old Cardinal
09-04-2003, 01:47 PM
I think that strategy is one of the only reasons that some teams with approximately the same skill and ability end up going a few extra rounds over others...I grow fruit trees and their is a process that must be followed to get success, only when the trees reach proper maturity...I watch the winning Postseason football teams and some win on skill alone, and some win on utilizing developmental strategy. The realm of investments are the same way, their has to be a developmental plan and the intestinal fortitude to follow that plan...Yes, I am intrigued as to why you can ultimately win ballgames in the playoffs, when you have four of your stars on crutches on the sideline. Playoff winning, starts with overall team development...Learn that fact, and you want see everything as "excuses", my friends.

exbccards76'smom
09-04-2003, 08:55 PM
Old Cardinal,

see ya' at the game tomorrow night!! Hope the guys can get it together. They want to win so bad.

LP57
09-04-2003, 09:05 PM
no disrespect to you of but to all your soph. and jrs. they are playing on a new level come tomorrow night. they may have had a great year last year bust so did we and im a returning starter. i understand you say they're still young and a bit timid about playin varsity ball but untill they do somthing good you might not wanna brag so much

xhardinhornet
09-05-2003, 12:12 AM
Look at B-C's roster! 7 Seniors and the Junior/Sophmore ratio is nearly the same. Isn't that normal? Hardin has basically the same roster.....maybe a few more seniors, but those guys don't even start.....Although, with the numbers Hardin puts out each and every year, younger "studs" get to play as freshman, and sophmores.....so now i understand a little better.....

ALLSPORTSGUY
09-05-2003, 09:46 AM
You know I was really hesitant about posting a reply to this topic but here goes. OC and myself do not always see eye to eye but I do respect his opinion. I have noticed alot of posters wich I assume are very young have very little respect for the opinion of anyone else. If you guys would read a post and not just read it to pick something out of it that you can blast the other guy you may learn something about another team. This forum is not just about getting a good argument going it is about sharing your thoughts about different subjects. I can assure you BC fans will not be whinning just cheering there team and enjoying another great season.

Old Cardinal
09-05-2003, 10:41 AM
To exhardinhornet: There will be six Seniors playing for BC tonight and 9 Sophomores. If you make it, and play Division I ball in the playoffs, that is unheard of. Their is a difference in the typical 800 student enrollment, typical ratios and in a school the size of Hardin which is relegated to Div. II, if they make the playoffs....To ALL SPORTS FAN: Thanks, I have tried, along with many others to upgrade the discussions, along analysis-level discussions...That is what fuels this quality board; people across Texas, giving viable opinions, stats, and team info, etc:...I think it is just this time of year when were are bombarded with "how come ya'll don't give our team respect??" and "We gunna kick ya'lls butt!!" type of entries...We certainly, want their input: but it gets to be a little much-- this time of year!....To LP 57, I don't know where you got the word "TIMID" for BC, inexperienced yes, but "TIMID" no way: if you were to beat them 50-0 tonight, they will not be timid-just playing their heart out, with a lack of savvy and experience!

<small>[ September 05, 2003, 10:47 AM: Message edited by: Old Cardinal ]</small>

St. Ivender
09-05-2003, 12:37 PM
Good Luck to Bridge City and Liberty in their game tonight.

My prediction BC 21 - Liberty 20

j_dog
09-05-2003, 07:52 PM
St. Ivender:
Good Luck to Bridge City and Liberty in their game tonight.

My prediction BC 21 - Liberty 20I wouldn't touch that with a pole! I picked Silsbee to beat Liberty. :( Good luck to both teams.