PDA

View Full Version : BCS NC Scenario

Bullaholic
11-18-2009, 08:37 PM
Say UT goes undefeated, Auburn beats Alabama, and then Alabama beats Florida. Would TCU get the NC shot against Texas if they go unbeaten? Or would they still give it to a 1 loss SEC power over an undefeated Mtn West team like TCU?

turbostud
11-18-2009, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Say UT goes undefeated, Auburn beats Alabama, and then Alabama beats Florida. Would TCU get the NC shot against Texas if they go unbeaten? Or would they still give it to a 1 loss SEC power over an undefeated Mtn West team like TCU?

I predict "Anarchy in the NCAA" if that happens.

Trashman
11-18-2009, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic

The ncaa and east coast sports writers would never let that happen

BTownVBall3
11-18-2009, 08:51 PM
I dunno man..TCU has been getting a lot more respect the last couple of weeks. I would see them taking the #2 spot if florida and bama both lost. I'd love to hear the crying though either way..

Txbroadcaster
11-18-2009, 09:04 PM
All depends on how bad Alabama were to lose to Auburn and fall.

TX AGS_2013
11-18-2009, 09:12 PM
The real question is what if Texas loses one of their next to games (hopefully the one at Kyle Field)? Then they will have to put TCU in the NC game

carter08
11-18-2009, 09:29 PM
Bama won't lose to Auburn.

dawg4life
11-18-2009, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by TX AGS_2013
The real question is what if Texas loses one of their next to games (hopefully the one at Kyle Field)? Then they will have to put TCU in the NC game

I agree.:D :D

wedo
11-18-2009, 10:01 PM
I think that if Texas Loses and Cincy stays undefeated they get in over TCU just because they are in a BCS conference. I don't think the NCAA would let a non BCS school get in over Cincy!

Spread It Out
11-18-2009, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by wedo
I think that if Texas Loses and Cincy stays undefeated they get in over TCU just because they are in a BCS conference. I don't think the NCAA would let a non BCS school get in over Cincy!

I agree, although I think TCU is a better team and would rightfully deserve to be in the NC. I hate the BCS with a strong passion. That dude on sportsnation who supports it is a complete idiot.

TheDOCTORdre
11-18-2009, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by wedo

what if Texas loses to A&M, Bama loses to AUburn, Florida then loses to Bama, and Cinci loses to Pittsburgh? WOuld there be any way in hell TCU and Boise State move to #1 & #2 in the BCS?

carter08
11-18-2009, 10:50 PM
TCU/ Cincy for the national championship. LOLZ.

big daddy russ
11-18-2009, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by carter08
Bama won't lose to Auburn.
Hehe.

carter08
11-19-2009, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Hehe.

teams were in completely different situations last time I said that. xD

aggiejwp
11-19-2009, 12:30 AM
I was listening to The Dan Patrick Show today and he had Bill Hancock, the newly appointed director of the BCS and he had a hard time defending the current system in place. All he could provide and say for a TCU or Boise State if they finished their schedule undefeated and didn't get to play for a MNC was "Guys, you have had a great season and are to be commended for your excellent performance."

This makes no sense. You ought to listen to the interview here (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/danpatrick/blog/86581/index.html)

BEAST
11-19-2009, 09:18 AM
Right now here are the undefeated top 10 teams that I can think of,

Texas
Florida
Alabama
TCU
Boise St
Cincy

Florida and Bama' have to play so 1 of them will have a loss. The winner will play Texas for the NC. From the NCAA to the rest of you undefeated teams, you did what we told you you had to do to play for a title, oh well, screw off.

BEAST