PDA

View Full Version : Greenwood 36, Sweetwater 29

vet93
09-12-2003, 10:53 PM
Wildstangs called on the cell with the update. Game ends with Sweetwater intercepted in the endzone. Sounds like a great game. Good luck to both teams.

Ranger Mom
09-13-2003, 01:09 AM
I just got home!! It was a good game - a little close for comfort for me though!

I thought the refs "stunk up the joint", for BOTH teams!

wildstangs
09-13-2003, 01:12 AM
I thought the refs "stunk up the joint", for BOTH teams![/QB][/QUOTE]

I didnt wanna sound like a sore loser so I didnt mention the refs yet. There were several times when I thought the refs didnt know what they were doing. I think our whole side of the stadium thought for sure the Greenwood defender would be flagged for pass interference there on that last drive. Glad you had a safe trip out here. Maybe we can do it again in 11 or 12 weeks.

lepfan
09-13-2003, 01:13 AM
Ranger Mom:
I just got home!! It was a good game - a little close for comfort for me though!

I thought the refs "stunk up the joint", for BOTH teams!Congrats on the win! Don't ya just hate stinky refs. Ours were MUCH better.

lepfan
09-13-2003, 01:16 AM
Do you think the ones we had in Gonzales last week traveled to Sweetwater for your game :rolleyes: I don't think so, I don't think last weeks crew could find their way home. wink

vet93
09-13-2003, 08:46 AM
Man...talk about a strange game! I would have never thought that Greenwood could have won had you told me that they would have had 30 yards rushing and almost half of the total yards of the mustangs. Hats off to a stellar defensive effort by the Mustangs for limiting one of the most lethal one/two punches in West texas (Wilbur/Audus). Also hats off to a tough Greenwood team who seems to find a way to win even when they don't have all of their cylinders firing! Both teams can take positives from this game to hopefully get better and prepare for the playoffs. By the way...did you see the Andrews score? I had a feeling they were going to be salty this year. They ran it up on Midland High last night...Hopefully two little 3a's can put them back in their place the next two weeks!!!

1 ranger fan
09-13-2003, 09:48 AM
Man what a football game. Hats off to Swater. I am in total agreement with the ref thing. It was not pass interference it was a mugging in the end zone. I think we may have gotten even. 3 or 4 roughing the passer penalties that sustain drives. The QB hasn't even released the ball, that is not roughing the passer. Oh well, a Win is a Win is a Win. Good Luck Mustangs I hope ya'll go big school and we don't have to do this again. My heart won't take it.

Ranger Mom
09-13-2003, 10:13 AM
1 ranger fan:
Good Luck Mustangs I hope ya'll go big school and we don't have to do this again. My heart won't take it.Amen 1 Ranger Fan!!

22Mustang
09-13-2003, 12:49 PM
Mustang running D-fense was awsome. Well work on our secondary for next time. I dont know if there is a running team that will be able to line up and run the Mustang D-fense over. But it was a good game and we'll ,eet again.

Knightmoon
09-13-2003, 02:10 PM
Just wishin I could have seen this game... dang it.

Sweet H2O 4 Life
09-13-2003, 06:12 PM
The game lived up to everything it was built up to be and more. I wish that we would have came out on top but oh well thats how it goes sometimes. I can't wait until we meet again.

mustang04
09-14-2003, 12:27 AM
it was fun guys, it seemed liekw we were playing ourselves, we'd score they'd score, we'd score they'd score, it just came down to penalties and time, but it still was an awesome game to be a part of

baddude
09-16-2003, 03:18 PM
i would just like to thank greenwood for giving us a good game, we learned alot that game. it gave alot of the newbies a chance to learn what its ike playing under pressure. they r a good team and i hope to see them again in the playoffs.