PDA

View Full Version : Allen Iverson's woes

STANG RED
11-17-2009, 08:27 AM
Have yall been keeping up with the recent fall of AI? It's amazing how far and fast he has fallen. Almost over night he has become a sad hasbeen. I'd really like to feel sorry for the guy, but the many years of arrogance and total dislike he's cultivated around himself, makes it impossible. Not saying I'm celebrating his downfall at all, but I'll admit it gives me a little satisfaction. Oh my how the mighty has fallen.

plpsftball
11-17-2009, 10:21 AM
I woundnt say fall he just wanted out of the bad sitition he was in playing for memphis. He will be back soon

Johnny Utah
11-17-2009, 10:37 AM
Hope he has invested his money well and not squandered his millions.

TheDOCTORdre
11-17-2009, 10:54 AM
I despise Allen Iverson...but I think I despise Pistons management even more for that trade for him:mad: :mad: :mad:

SWMustang
11-17-2009, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by plpsftball
I woundnt say fall he just wanted out of the bad sitition he was in playing for memphis. He will be back soon

How was it a bad situation? He was on an NBA roster coming off the bench. Do you really think he can start for another NBA team? Which one?

Sweetwater Red
11-17-2009, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
I despise Allen Iverson...but I think I despise Pistons management even more for that trade for him:mad: :mad: :mad:

Namely Joe Dumars. It's the worst decision he has made. He wanted
Iverson years ago. The only thing that stopped that trade is that
an irrelevent 76'ers player refused to waive his no trade clause.

STANG RED
11-17-2009, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by plpsftball

Back? With who? I dont see teams falling over themselves to get him. I dont think anyone is interested in him in the least right now. The right injury in the right place might change that at some point. But even then, why would someone want an arrogant, diminshed skilled, has been, that will probably bring more problems than solutions with him? He's always been a punk, but at least his skills somewhat outwieghed some of that a few years back.

SWMustang
11-17-2009, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Back? With who? I dont see teams falling over themselves to get him. I dont think anyone is interested in him in the least right now. The right injury in the right place might change that at some point. But even then, why would someone want an arrogant, diminshed skilled, has been, that will probably bring more problems than solutions with him? He's always been a punk, but at least his skills somewhat outwieghed some of that a few years back.

even more dumb - he gave up the bulk of his contract (3 mil?) to be released. AI is an idiot.

Sweetwater Red
11-17-2009, 11:50 AM

ESPN said this morning that the Knicks are interested in him.

DaHop72
11-17-2009, 11:56 AM
WOW!!!!:eek: :eek: Stang Red talking basketball.:vrycnfsd: :vrycnfsd:

SWMustang
11-17-2009, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red

dummies!

STANG RED
11-17-2009, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red

Really? I havent paid any attention so far, and probably wont for several months yet, but are the Knicks any good this season?

LE Dad
11-17-2009, 04:34 PM
Really? I havent paid any attention so far, and probably wont for several months yet, but are the Knicks any good this season? LOL:D I haven't paid any attention either but I can't imagine the Knicks being good. They are to basketball what the Raiders are to football. :dispntd: :dispntd:

Sweetwater Red
11-17-2009, 04:53 PM
Really? I havent paid any attention so far, and probably wont for several months yet, but are the Knicks any good this season?

Nope. They are still trying to recover from the mess that Isiah
Thomas left behind and clear enough money to land LeBron.