PDA

View Full Version : Funny Rumors About Sinton Already

maroonpirate04
11-17-2009, 12:41 AM
This evening i went to Taft to my sister's house to celebrate her birthday with dinner. Then my nephew walks in from basketball practice from school. He asked me if Sinton was thrown out of the playoffs because apparently they found our players dirty for illegal use of drugs. I told no. One of the parents from Taft told him that. That just to show you that Sinton is the team you love to hate :D Due to great tradition in football

IHStangFan
11-17-2009, 12:43 AM
doping, recruiting, I'm envisioning an Ivan Drago type training facility buried right out behind the ag barn in an abandon storm shelter. :D

coach
11-17-2009, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by maroonpirate04
This evening i went to Taft to my sister's house to celebrate her birthday with dinner. Then my nephew walks in from basketball practice from school. He asked me if Sinton was thrown out of the playoffs because apparently they found our players dirty for illegal use of drugs. I told no. One of the parents from Taft told him that. That just to show you that Sinton is the team you love to hate :D Due to great tradition in football

i heard rita gave them to all the kids

IHStangFan
11-17-2009, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by coach
i heard rita gave them to all the kids I heard she just beats them up and steals their lunch money to BUY drugs. :D

29-3aFAN
11-17-2009, 01:45 AM
JUST SAY NO!!!

Footballhudini
11-17-2009, 05:09 AM
sounds like cal allen

:D

FmrPirate14
11-17-2009, 07:30 AM
dnt know about drugs but I hear they have a problem with underage drinking. 4 players got caught saturday night and likely wont play friday

pirate4state
11-17-2009, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by coach
i heard rita gave them to all the kids

:tisk: :tisk: :tisk:

Originally posted by IHStangFan
I heard she just beats them up and steals their lunch money to BUY drugs.

My super mean girl power does not extend to HS kids. That's all for yall. :D

Seriously though, there were some kids that made some poor choices this weekend and they will now have to deal with the consquences. Hopefully, they will learn their lesson.

Third
11-17-2009, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Seriously though, there were some kids that made some poor choices this weekend and they will now have to deal with the consquences. Hopefully, they will learn their lesson.

That's really unfortunate, especially around playoff time.

IHStangFan
11-17-2009, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state

Seriously though, there were some kids that made some poor choices this weekend and they will now have to deal with the consquences. Hopefully, they will learn their lesson. Sadly, it is becoming more and more common everywhere you look :(

Ranger354
11-17-2009, 07:43 PM
No comments.

Heck I heard that kid from Ingleside didn't make the grade either and wasn't supposed to play. He is their star player. Rumors run rampant. Probably not the truth either.

Emerson1
11-17-2009, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by FmrPirate14
dnt know about drugs but I hear they have a problem with underage drinking. 4 players got caught saturday night and likely wont play friday
Sinton is obviously the only town in America that has kids who drink underage.

yoe64
11-17-2009, 08:01 PM
:fnypost:

Txbroadcaster
11-17-2009, 08:10 PM
Sadly, it is becoming more and more common everywhere you look :(

LOL I dont think it is MORE common..I think we just know more when players are caught. I played in early 90's and believe me drinking was always there on weekends after a game. I can promise you the same for the generations before me as well.

bbfan2010
11-17-2009, 08:25 PM
The end of the six weeks in bandera is this friday.If a player fails when are they ineligible?????

IHStangFan
11-17-2009, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
LOL I dont think it is MORE common..I think we just know more when players are caught. I played in early 90's and believe me drinking was always there on weekends after a game. I can promise you the same for the generations before me as well. I was referring to drugs as.....it was not clarified that what we were talking about was drinking at the time of my post...and I ASSumed that we were talking about drugs. :smoker:

TheDOCTORdre
11-17-2009, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by bbfan2010
The end of the six weeks in bandera is this friday.If a player fails when are they ineligible?????

in 3 weeks if they are passing everything

Sweetwater Red
11-17-2009, 08:31 PM
LOL I dont think it is MORE common..I think we just know more when players are caught. I played in early 90's and believe me drinking was always there on weekends after a game. I can promise you the same for the generations before me as well.

Right? Mid to late 80's here. Keg parties and multiple coolers of trash can punch were a staple. Not that I was there :D

Sweetwater Red
11-17-2009, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by Ranger354
No comments.

Heck I heard that kid from Ingleside didn't make the grade either and wasn't supposed to play. He is their star player. Rumors run rampant. Probably not the truth either.
I heard a rumor that some Sinton fans have a hard time getting of their butts and cheering for their team. I am going to investigate this rumor or myself by showing up at Sinton/Pearsall game. If the rumor is not true I'll be sure to come on here and squash it.

I had really hoped to get a chance to see Ingleside play. But, unfortunately they play Friday night too. :(

IHStangFan
11-17-2009, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
I heard a rumor that some Sinton fans have a hard time getting of their butts and cheering for their team. I am going to investigate this rumor or myself by showing up at Sinton/Pearsall game. If the rumor is not true I'll be sure to come on here and squash it.

I had really hoped to get a chance to see Ingleside play. But, unfortunately they play Friday night too. :( I heard a rumor that Sinton, Ingleside, and the playoffs in general were a figment of your imagination.

Sweetwater Red
11-17-2009, 09:34 PM
Haha IHStangFan. Still bitter about the restraining order comment bud? :thinking:

I tell you what. Do you want to make a T-shirt bet? If a Sinton poster posts a pic of me at
the game Friday, you have to have a pic of posted of you wearing a red and white shirt that
says "I got owned by Sweetwater Red". If not, then I will drive to Ingleside and buy all things Mustangs Including a shirt and put anything you want on it. Don' be scared.:thinking:

1st and goal
11-17-2009, 09:37 PM
P4S, whatcha been puttin' in that cake???? Rumcake? Can I have some?
Pirates can't refuse rum. Its their beverage of choice.

Hope those kids are feeling pretty dum about their mistake.

IHStangFan
11-17-2009, 10:26 PM
Haha IHStangFan. Still bitter about the restraining order comment bud? :thinking:

I tell you what. Do you want to make a T-shirt bet? If a Sinton poster posts a pic of me at
the game Friday, you have to have a pic of posted of you wearing a red and white shirt that
says "I got owned by Sweetwater Red". If not, then I will drive to Ingleside and buy all things Mustangs Including a shirt and put anything you want on it. Don' be scared.:thinking: LOL...whoa...wait....WHAT?! I'm not sure I understand the bet.....but I am not sore about anything, I find you entertaining as hell.

But about this bet....you wanna bet....that....if you go to the Sinton game (which you have already said you're gonna do) and someone gets a picture of you (which...they will...at the M&G)....that I have to wear a shirt that says I got owned by you? How in the hell is that fair...and where is the chance for me to "win" the bet? That's all but set in stone already...why don't you just send me the damn shirt! LOL. :D OR...you can just send me a Sweetwater shirt and I'll gladly add it to my collection which currently consists of a Cuero, Madisonville, Needville & Ingleside shirts. :thinking:

Sweetwater Red
11-17-2009, 10:57 PM
Damn! I was hoping you were gullible. I should have known better. :D

Btw. I was being sincere about not getting to see Ingleside play.

IHStangFan
11-17-2009, 11:02 PM
Damn! I was hoping you were gullible. I should have known better. :D

Btw. I was being sincere about not getting to see Ingleside play. LOL...tried to pull the ole fast one on me eh? Not this time sucka!!

I was sincere about you sending me a Sweetwater shirt too!! :D

Txbroadcaster
11-17-2009, 11:05 PM
LOL...tried to pull the ole fast one on me eh? Not this time sucka!!

I was sincere about you sending me a Sweetwater shirt too!! :D

I want one as well lol..from both schools!

IHStangFan
11-17-2009, 11:06 PM
I want one as well lol..from both schools! LOL

Sweetwater Red
11-17-2009, 11:16 PM
No problem. I will personalize it by putting your name on the back. Just
PM me as to where to send it.

SintonFan
11-17-2009, 11:20 PM
I want one as well lol..from both schools!

Wait in line buddy! I earned one this weekend.:cool: :D :p

Txbroadcaster
11-17-2009, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Wait in line buddy! I earned one this weekend.:cool: :D :p

LOL funny thing is.I already have a Sinton thanks to Rita, so I need a SW and Ingleside one to put next to it

IHStangFan
11-17-2009, 11:28 PM
LOL funny thing is.I already have a Sinton thanks to Rita, so I need a SW and Ingleside one to put next to it I'm afraid I can't help w/ the Ingleside shirt...I've lived in Needville for 4 yrs now. I could probably get you guys Needville shirts next season....not sure about anytime soon...not sure where I'd buy one at this point since our season is over.

SintonFan
11-17-2009, 11:43 PM
LOL funny thing is.I already have a Sinton thanks to Rita, so I need a SW and Ingleside one to put next to it

lol
Heck,
I got a Sinton shirt, tank top, sandals, shorts etc etc etc...
don't start a district 31-3A war with me. :D
(I got some District 30-3a stuff, too);)

IHStangFan
11-17-2009, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
lol
Heck,
I got a Sinton shirt, tank top, sandals, shorts etc etc etc...
don't start a district 31-3A war with me. :D
(I got some District 30-3a stuff, too);) I've got some Ingleside Mustang gym shorts and a little blanket around here somewhere. :D

A few Needville shirts and a very nice Needville hat...which I bought about 2 yrs ago. The hats this year were not nearly as nice sadly. Then I've got my little collection of "Needville Blue Jays" footballs....I seem to catch one at every game. My daughter loves them, so I make a point to get her one everytime one comes my way. :inlove:

SintonFan
11-17-2009, 11:58 PM
I've got some Ingleside Mustang gym shorts and a little blanket around here somewhere. :D

A few Needville shirts and a very nice Needville hat...which I bought about 2 yrs ago. The hats this year were not nearly as nice sadly. Then I've got my little collection of "Needville Blue Jays" footballs....I seem to catch one at every game. My daughter loves them, so I make a point to get her one everytime one comes my way. :inlove:

Nice.
Gotta make your daughter happy.
We have a couple of those little footballs from '00-'02.

maroonpirate04
11-18-2009, 12:08 AM
They shouldn't make a big deal about it because they need to realize that we are Pirates and Pirates are supposed to drink after doing battle:D :D :D :eek: :eek: J/K

SintonFan
11-18-2009, 12:15 AM
Ummm
no:p:D

maroonpirate04
11-18-2009, 12:22 AM
The funny thing is about the Taft people already twisting the news:D :D How quickly they knew somewhat of a story

SintonFan_inAustin
11-18-2009, 12:28 AM
The funny thing is about the Taft people already twisting the news:D :D How quickly they knew somewhat of a story Taft fans are upset we're in the playoffs, some feel it should be Robstown. Man i miss the Sinton vs Taft rivalry !

maroonpirate04
11-18-2009, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
Taft fans are upset we're in the playoffs, some feel it should be Robstown. Man i miss the Sinton vs Taft rivalry !

I miss the rivalry i would tease my brother in law about Taft when they would lose to Sinton, I remember when they would go to SHS and paint all over the Anchor and the S green and parts of the campus back in the day

IHStangFan
11-18-2009, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
Taft fans are upset we're in the playoffs, some feel it should be Robstown. Man i miss the Sinton vs Taft rivalry ! Taft made the playoffs as well....but got knocked out in the 1st round by Hitchcock.

maroonpirate04
11-18-2009, 02:02 AM
Sinton played Hitchcock back in 1991 and still remains as one of the greatest games played in the coastal bend area

DATE: NOVEMBER 29, 1991
SITE: EL CAMPO
THE STORY: This Class 3A regional semifinal will go down as one of the area's greatest playoff games, mostly because of one brilliant decision by then-Sinton coach Gary Davenport. Hitchock went ahead, 13-12 with 3:50 left in the game, Sinton then turned the ball over on downs, giving the Bulldogs the ball back at their own 38-yard line. On second down on the Sinton 45-yard line, however, Davenport called timeout and told his startled defense: "Let them score ." The Pirates did, and ended up on top.
Here's how they it. R.A. Winston scored- just as Davenport instructed- 55 yards out with 46 seconds left. The Pirates stopped the Hitchcock 2-point try. making the score 19-12. The Bulldogs had a 3-2 advantage in penetrations, but Sinton led in first downs (the second tiebreak method used), 18-12. Albert Longoria returned the kickoff to the 48, and with 41 seconds left, Sinton drove to the Hitchcock 20, Then with 14 seconds left on fourth and 4, quarterback Ruben Trigo hit David Seago for the touchdown. The extra point tied the game 19-19. to end regulation. To settle the tiebreak , officals first looked at penetrations, which now were tied 3-3. Next came first downs which went to Sinton 20-12, Thus, the Pirates were able to advance in the playoffs because of one coach's gutsy call

IHStangFan
11-18-2009, 02:09 AM
Sinton played Hitchcock back in 1991 and still remains as one of the greatest games played in the coastal bend area

THE STORY: This Class 3A regional semifinal will go down as one of the area's greatest playoff games, mostly because of one brilliant decision by then-Sinton coach Gary Davenport. Hitchock went ahead, 13-12 with 3:50 left in the game, Sinton then turned the ball over on downs, giving the Bulldogs the ball back at their own 38-yard line. On second down on the Sinton 45-yard line, however, Davenport called timeout and told his startled defense: "Let them score ." The Pirates did, and ended up on top.
Here's how they it. R.A. Winston scored- just as Davenport instructed- 55 yards out with 46 seconds left. The Pirates stopped the Hitchcock 2-point try. making the score 19-12. The Bulldogs had a 3-2 advantage in penetrations, but Sinton led in first downs (the second tiebreak method used), 18-12. Albert Longoria returned the kickoff to the 48, and with 41 seconds left, Sinton drove to the Hitchcock 20, Then with 14 seconds left on fourth and 4, quarterback Ruben Trigo hit David Seago for the touchdown. The extra point tied the game 19-19. to end regulation. To settle the tiebreak , officals first looked at penetrations, which now were tied 3-3. Next came first downs which went to Sinton 20-12, Thus, the Pirates were able to advance in the playoffs because of one coach's gutsy call Pretty cool and very interesting. :clap:

maroonpirate04
11-18-2009, 02:22 AM
And here's Gary Davenport's comment after the game finished

"I knew if it didn't work, I would have a lot of explaining to do"- Sinton coach Gary Davenport

He would've been in hot water the next day if Sinton would've not advanced, The pressures of coaching Texas High School football on Friday Night Lights :D

Phil C
11-18-2009, 09:32 AM

Here's how they it. R.A. Winston scored- just as Davenport instructed- 55 yards out with 46 seconds left. The Pirates stopped the Hitchcock 2-point try. making the score 19-12. The Bulldogs had a 3-2 advantage in penetrations, but Sinton led in first downs (the second tiebreak method used), 18-12. Albert Longoria returned the kickoff to the 48, and with 41 seconds left, Sinton drove to the Hitchcock 20, Then with 14 seconds left on fourth and 4, quarterback Ruben Trigo hit David Seago for the touchdown. The extra point tied the game 19-19. to end regulation. To settle the tiebreak , officals first looked at penetrations, which now were tied 3-3. Next came first downs which went to Sinton 20-12, Thus, the Pirates were able to advance in the playoffs because of one coach's gutsy call

I have heard that it didn't fool the Hitchcock coach and that as his player ran inside the ten he was yelling at him to put a knee on the ground so they could run the clock out. He wasn't heard and the rest is history .

SINTON81
11-18-2009, 11:47 AM
And here's Gary Davenport's comment after the game finished

"I knew if it didn't work, I would have a lot of explaining to do"- Sinton coach Gary Davenport

He would've been in hot water the next day if Sinton would've not advanced, The pressures of coaching Texas High School football on Friday Night Lights :D

There was a great article about the game in the Caller Times.
If I remember correctly they had a picture of him talking to the players during the timeout. I wish I could get a copy of that article.

maroonpirate04
11-18-2009, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by SINTON81
There was a great article about the game in the Caller Times.
If I remember correctly they had a picture of him talking to the players during the timeout. I wish I could get a copy of that article.

I used to collect all the sports articles, I still have some from 1991 but around that time i moved to Uvalde during playoff season and never did collect the rest of the season, When i moved back to Sinton i started collecting 'em again and then again moving around i got rid of them and now i all the articles from 2001 up til now, but wished i had all the 90's

SintonPirateFan
11-18-2009, 01:04 PM
i remember listening to this game on the radio.... the announcers kept saying

"UN-BEEEE-LIEVABLE!!"

davenport was a great coach.

maroonpirate04
11-18-2009, 01:17 PM
Davenport was a great coach i bet if he would've stayed longer in Sinton during the 90's the Pirates could've eventually won a state title:) I think he was at the Sinton-Pearsall game last year