PDA

View Full Version : Brookshire Royal Army Strong Team of the Week 11

44INAROW
11-17-2009, 12:01 AM
Congrats to Brookshire Royal

Class 3A: Brookshire Royal
Brookshire Royal got a big rushing performance by Steven Alexander en route to a stunning 40-21 upset of Giddings. Alexander ran for 154 yards and a touchdown, and teammate Josh Matthews added two rushing touchdowns as Royal jumped out to a 14-0 first-quarter lead and never was challeneged by Giddings, ranked No. 9 in the state. Royal improved to 6-5 and advances to face Yoakum in the second round.

www.texasfootball.com

BRfalconfan
11-17-2009, 12:27 AM
Names a little off its shane alexander and eric not josh

HEMOTOXIC
11-17-2009, 12:39 AM
Congrats :clap:

TRENCHES06
11-17-2009, 12:40 AM
Definitely deserve it. That BR running back is one of the best in all of 3A.

navscanmaster
11-17-2009, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by TRENCHES06
Definitely deserve it. That BR running back is one of the best in all of 3A.

Is he the one with the dreadlocks? Or are they corn rows? I can't remember, but in every highlight I have seen of BR, the speedy RB has a hairdo like that.

IHStangFan
11-17-2009, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
Is he the one with the dreadlocks? Or are they corn rows? I can't remember, but in every highlight I have seen of BR, the speedy RB has a hairdo like that. If I'm not mistaken that would be Brandon Williams. I call that do...the "Al Harris do".

navscanmaster
11-17-2009, 01:32 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
If I'm not mistaken that would be Brandon Williams. I call that do...the "Al Harris do".
Ahh, okay. I think the Al Harris looking guy was number 5 also, although I may be wrong.

Oh yeah...for all you people that just love to compare common opponents:

Bryan Rudder 21, Brookshire-Royal 19
Brookshire-Royal 40, Giddings 21.

Does anybody on this planet think Bryan Rudder beats Giddings by 21 if that were to be played? Didn't think so.

IHStangFan
11-17-2009, 01:38 AM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
Ahh, okay. I think the Al Harris looking guy was number 5 also, although I may be wrong.

Oh yeah...for all you people that just love to compare common opponents:

Bryan Rudder 21, Brookshire-Royal 19
Brookshire-Royal 40, Giddings 21.

Does anybody on this planet think Bryan Rudder beats Giddings by 21 if that were to be played? Didn't think so. Nope....they are truly a different team that underwent a metamorphosis somewhere along the way.

This week's match up against Yoakum should be a good one!! I don't think Yoakum has gotten the respect they deserve this year. They are ALWAYS salty and poised to pound the ball down someone's throat and pull the "upset".

I still think BR wins, but I think Yoakum keeps it interesting.

Crasher
11-17-2009, 09:58 AM
The RB is named Brandon Williams not alexander
also the QB is Eric Matthews not Josh or whatever...

BRfalconfan
11-17-2009, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
Nope....they are truly a different team that underwent a metamorphosis somewhere along the way.

This week's match up against Yoakum should be a good one!! I don't think Yoakum has gotten the respect they deserve this year. They are ALWAYS salty and poised to pound the ball down someone's throat and pull the "upset".

I still think BR wins, but I think Yoakum keeps it interesting.

The real big change is the defense they have a new guy playing will lb kinda small but he makes some good tackles then the number 8 kid also plays defensive now and that kid has made so great plays

pirate4state
11-17-2009, 11:32 AM
:clap: Congrats to Brookshire Royal

lvbears32
11-17-2009, 02:55 PM
all they did was beat giddings. jk
props to royal tear up yoakum and well get revenge

44INAROW
11-17-2009, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by Crasher
The RB is named Brandon Williams not alexander
also the QB is Eric Matthews not Josh or whatever...
I cut and pasted from DCTF excuse me for trying to congratulate these boys..

Crasher
11-17-2009, 07:50 PM
no.. i appreciate it..just correcting DCTF..
thanks for posting that!