PDA

View Full Version : Why I think Sealy will win.....

txsportswriter
11-16-2009, 10:16 PM
Even though I'd like to see Cuero win since they represent District 28-3A in which I'm from (Yoakum), I just don't see it happening. I think it will come down to the play in the trenches and I see Sealy as having better offensive and defensive linemen. This is a down year for Cuero in regards to line play. I also think Arndt will have an off night and toss a couple INTs.

I'll be at the game rooting for the Gobblers and I hope they can pull it off, but my mind sees Sealy taking it by 10 points, 31-21.

44INAROW
11-16-2009, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by txsportswriter
Even though I'd like to see Cuero win since they represent District 28-3A in which I'm from (Yoakum), I just don't see it happening. I think it will come down to the play in the trenches and I see Sealy as having better offensive and defensive linemen. This is a down year for Cuero in regards to line play. I also think Arndt will have an off night and toss a couple INTs.

I'll be at the game rooting for the Gobblers and I hope they can pull it off, but my mind sees Sealy taking it by 10 points, 31-21.

Good Luck to the Bulldogs too (I think).

You might be right, you might be wrong. I hope you're wrong :) Just curious, how many games have you seen Sealy play this year?

IHStangFan
11-16-2009, 10:54 PM
I see it just the opposite. Sealy has outstanding athletes at the skill positions, but here's why I think they come up short:

Sealy has a track record of coming out flat in the 1st half. On the flip side of that, they've gotten some leads and then seem to get complacent and allow the other team to climb back into it. On several occasions this year they've had to fight tooth and nail at the end to win in the closing minutes. (In one regard that is admirable, in another, it spells doom in the playoffs as far as I'm concerned). Needville was also able to expose their secondary a little. Now Caleb Berry is a pretty good QB, I'm not taking anything away from him...but if he could do that to the Tigers' secondary to bring Needville back from a 21-0 hole (a few yards and an INT away from 28-0) to a 36-35 lead, then Ardnt ought to have a field day. Throw in that Cuero can match Sealy's speed at the skill positions, etc. I just think Cuero brings a more balanced offense that can strike from both the ground and the air at any given time.....I think it's a recipe for a Cuero win.

44INAROW
11-16-2009, 11:34 PM
I posted some stats on the stickie thread..

sinton66
11-16-2009, 11:43 PM
Although this could be his year, Mitchell has never beaten Reeve. Should be a good game, but I think Cuero will win it. One things for sure, after this game we'll all know how far Sealy has come back.

Footballhudini
11-17-2009, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by sinton66
Although this could be his year, Mitchell has never beaten Reeve. Should be a good game, but I think Cuero will win it. One things for sure, after this game we'll all know how far Sealy has come back.

whoever wins this game - do the rest of us a favor and please win it all. I'm tired of RIV coming up a game or two short, and this is a strong year for DI in RIV.