PDA

View Full Version : Where are the AW folks?

Pawdaddy
11-16-2009, 11:41 AM
No threads about the game. Nothing to read about the team's performance or lack of. No reports of injuries or return of players? What gives in Abilene?

DaHop72
11-16-2009, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by Pawdaddy
No threads about the game. Nothing to read about the team's performance or lack of. No reports of injuries or return of players? What gives in Abilene? Coach Sandifer told them to stay off the downlow. :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

Bullaholic
11-16-2009, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Coach Sandifer told them to stay off the downlow. :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

What did he say about talking to their fat little girlfriends, Hop? :D

DaHop72
11-16-2009, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
What did he say about talking to their fat little girlfriends, Hop? :D :tisk: :tisk: What goes on in our district stays in our district. :D

ccmom
11-16-2009, 11:49 AM
What would you like to know? :thinking:

Surely, I have ALL the answers!! :D

Go Dawgs!!:clap: :clap:

ccmom
11-16-2009, 11:50 AM
No threads about the game. Nothing to read about the team's performance or lack of. No reports of injuries or return of players? What gives in Abilene?

The article from the ARN re: Saturday's game was posted on another thread, btw. ;)

Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
http://www.reporternews.com/news/2009/nov/15/1st-round-ko/

MIDLAND — The Wylie football team passed its first playoff test with flying colors Saturday, knocking off Lubbock Estacado 24-7 in a Class 3A area matchup at Midland’s Grande Communications Stadium.

Playing without injured quarterback Matt Preston, who still was sidelined with a medial collateral ligament sprain in his left knee, the Bulldogs outgained Estacado 262-157 and shut the Matadors out for the final 37 minutes of the game to advance to the regional round. Wylie will return to Grande Communications Stadium for that game, which will come against Andrews (5-6) at 7:30 p.m. Friday.

“That’s a great deal to get this first one. The first one’s so scary because you don’t know how you’ll react, but I thought our kids did a great job,” Wylie coach Hugh Sandifer said.

“We got out to a fast start, which I thought was important, and we made some big plays,” “The defense made some big stops and we got us a big lead, so it was a great start to the game.”

With Preston out, Colin Harris got his second high school start. And after leading the Bulldogs to a 47-7 win over Sweetwater to end the regular season, the junior quarterback helped keep Wylie’s season alive with a solid performance.

Harris, who had thrown the ball just four times before Friday’s game, completed 10-of-12 passes for 99 yards and two touchdowns, including a 25-yard strike to Austin Gray that made the score 21-7 heading into the half.

“We had worked all week on mixing it up, and we hit Austin with a couple of balls,” Harris said. “And then we were able to draw them in and hit them over the top to Austin. That was just good execution on that play.”

Harris’ first touchdown pass put Wylie up 7-0 just two minutes into the game. After returning the opening kickoff to their own 27, Joe Nasser ran 55 yards to set the Bulldogs up at the Estacado 18.

Three plays later, Harris hit Cory Ramos in the flat off a play fake for an 11-yard touchdown.

The Bulldogs added to their lead 5 1/2 minutes later. After forcing a three-and-out on Estacado’s first drive, Wylie drove 66 yards eight plays, with Ramos scoring from eight yards out.

The Matadors (6-5) answered on their next possession with their only score of the game. Starting from their own 10-yard line, the Matadors moved the ball to the Wylie 33-yard line in six plays.

And after an incomplete pass and a false start penalty put Estacado in a 3rd-and-14 situation from the 38, quarterback Deverick Stubblefield drew in pressure from the Wylie line and hit Augustine Abigide with a shovel pass, and Abigide outran the Wylie defense for a 38-yard touchdown.

But despite making two more trips inside the red zone, that was the last time the Matadors would find the end zone.

Wylie scored on Gray’s touchdown reception to go up by 14 with 7:52 remaining in the second. And on the ensuing possession, the Bulldogs forced an incompletion on fourth and 11 from the 16, halting a 64-yard Estacado march.

The Bulldogs, who held Estacado to minus-7 total yards in the second half, put the game away with a 33-yard Gray field goal with seven minutes remaining in the third quarter.

The Matadors threatened to score one more time following a Abigide kickoff return to the Bulldogs 25, but after Estacado gained five yards on second down, Abigide was hit for a two yard loss on third and Stubblefield was sacked by Sylvester Tonche on fourth and seven, keeping the Bulldogs ahead by 17.

“(The defense) did a great job,” Tonche said. “We had a great week of practice and we executed our game plan really well.”
ARN Game Article (http://www.reporternews.com/news/2009/nov/15/1st-round-ko/)

DaHop72
11-16-2009, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by ccmom
What would you like to know? :thinking:

Surely, I have ALL the answers!! :D

Go Dawgs!!:clap: :clap:
Especially when it comes to the bling bling. :kiss:

ccmom
11-16-2009, 11:57 AM
Especially when it comes to the bling bling. :kiss:

Well, DUH! :doh:

He wasn't talking about FOOTBALL, was he? :confused:

;)

nobogey72
11-16-2009, 12:15 PM

Well since Gilmer is unbeatable:rolleyes: we are all just really down, knowing we have no chance of winning a SC, so we really don't have much to say.

BTW-- The status of our injured players and their possible returns is none-ya, so shut up and mind your own bees wax.:D :D

Trashman
11-16-2009, 01:21 PM

They are sharpening their teeth. Gonna bite some lobo's later in the week.:D

ccmom
11-16-2009, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Trashman
They are sharpening their teeth. Gonna bite some lobo's later in the week.:D Really?? I thought they were Mustangs?

DaHop72
11-16-2009, 01:56 PM
Really?? I thought they were Mustangs? Shhhh, hollywood lives on his own planet and the population is 1. :devil:

Actually Seminole's mascot is the Indians, you are thinking of Andrews.:kiss:

ccmom
11-16-2009, 02:06 PM
Shhhh, hollywood lives on his own planet and the population is 1. :devil:

Actually Seminole's mascot is the Indians, you are thinking of Andrews.:kiss:

Ummm....doesn't Wylie play Andrews this week? :confused:

;)

And what does hollywood have to do with it? :doh:

I'm so confused!!! :confused: :confused:

markp08
11-16-2009, 02:09 PM
In the playoffs we disseminate information on a need to know basis and employ media diversions to keep opponents off balance!
:D :D ;)

DaHop72
11-16-2009, 02:14 PM
Ummm....doesn't Wylie play Andrews this week? :confused:

;)

And what does hollywood have to do with it? :doh:

I'm so confused!!! :confused: :confused: Trying to help hollywood in one post, (he is from Bwood you know:devil: ). He said you guys were sharpening your teeth for the Loboes, he's confused you know so I was trying to help him know that his team plays the Seminole Indians and that you guys play the Andrews Mustangs and that Graham plays the Monahans Loboes, put towns with mascots for our Bwood brethren.:D

Sorry for the confusion.:inlove:

DaHop72
11-16-2009, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by markp08
In the playoffs we disseminate information on a need to know basis and employ media diversions to keep opponents off balance!
:D :D ;) Yeah, what he said. :D :D

ccmom
11-16-2009, 02:19 PM
Trying to help hollywood in one post, (he is from Bwood you know:devil: ). He said you guys were sharpening your teeth for the Loboes, he's confused you know so I was trying to help him know that his team plays the Seminole Indians and that you guys play the Andrews Mustangs and that Graham plays the Monahans Loboes, put towns with mascots for our Bwood brethren.:D

Sorry for the confusion.:inlove:

PUT THE BOTTLE DOWN, HOP! :D

I'm pretty sure Trashman is the one that said something about the Loboes.....

;)

Hollywood puts his foot in his mouth enough, without your help. :p

DaHop72
11-16-2009, 02:20 PM
PUT THE BOTTLE DOWN, HOP! :D

I'm pretty sure Trashman is the one that said something about the Loboes.....

;) true....true....but you've met most of these Bwood posters and if it applies to one, it applies to them all. :devil: :devil:

ccmom
11-16-2009, 02:23 PM
true....true....but you've met most of these Bwood posters and if it applies to one, it applies to them all. :devil: :devil:

Take it easy on the "guilt by association" stuff....

I don't think you want to be held responsible for what some of your Tiger poster say. :thinking:

Just like I SURE don't want to be associated with that Nobogey character! :p ;)

DaHop72
11-16-2009, 02:27 PM

I don't think you want to be held responsible for what some of your Tiger poster say. :thinking:

Just like I SURE don't want to be associated with that Nobogey character! :p ;) We're not talking about people like me, you and RWB, we're talking about the likes of Rocket, Wookin and 95mustang, need I go on? :stirpot: :stirpot:

nobogey72
11-16-2009, 02:33 PM

Just like I SURE don't want to be associated with that Nobogey character! :p ;)

Hey I've been disassociated by better than the likes of you, woman.:rolleyes:

Trashman
11-16-2009, 02:35 PM
Divide and conquer.......my work here is done.:D

ccmom
11-16-2009, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
Hey I've been disassociated by better than the likes of you, woman.:rolleyes:

And people think it's all champagne and caviar in this neck of the woods...:rolleyes:

Even Wylie has to deal with those from the wrong side of the course....oops, I mean TRACKS! :p

squid
11-16-2009, 02:57 PM
unless one is a member of M.O.S.S. (Mystic Order of Secret Stuff), I have no reason to share any info with them.

Sweetwater Red
11-16-2009, 03:20 PM
Even Wylie has to deal with those from the wrong side of the course....oops, I mean TRACKS! :p

He didn't graduate from Wylie's alternative school did he?:eek: :D

injuredinmelee
11-16-2009, 03:21 PM
Sorry I was busy working on my all things GILMER shrine. Damn city said 14 stories was too much but I could scale it down to 12 and pass code. Just waiting on that last orange spot light and I will invite everyone over for the Gilmer worship service.

Pendragon13
11-16-2009, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
Sorry I was busy working on my all things GILMER shrine. Damn city said 14 stories was too much but I could scale it down to 12 and pass code. Just waiting on that last orange spot light and I will invite everyone over for the Gilmer worship service. That won't be necessary if we all just disband our football programs and give them the trophy now. Oh, and give them next years as well since they won't have anyone to stage an exhibition game with..

95mustang
11-16-2009, 04:16 PM
We're not talking about people like me, you and RWB, we're talking about the likes of Rocket, Wookin and 95mustang, need I go on? :stirpot: :stirpot:

Excuse me the SnydertigerHop or is it Hopmagic I can't remember?:devil:

hollywood
11-16-2009, 05:10 PM
true....true....but you've met most of these Bwood posters and if it applies to one, it applies to them all. :devil: :devil:

Easy there Hop. I thought you were the new Graham boy. Nice shirt you were sportin' Friday night! LOL

Old age gettin' to him I guess.:D

DaHop72
11-16-2009, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by hollywood
Easy there Hop. I thought you were the new Graham boy. Nice shirt you were sportin' Friday night! LOL

Old age gettin' to him I guess.:D Hey, I resemble that remark. :D I am temporarily a Snyder Steer, but with the proper attire I could be a Snyder Lion or a Snyder Bulldog. I believe when you are out of the playoffs that you support the district brethren. :thumbsup:

DaHop72
11-16-2009, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by 95mustang
Excuse me the SnydertigerHop or is it Hopmagic I can't remember?:devil: :tongue: :tongue: At least I don't live in one town and have a district rivals mascot in my screen name. :taunt: :taunt:

Trashman
11-16-2009, 05:39 PM
He didn't graduate from Wylie's alternative school did he?:eek: :D

Wylie has an alternative school?:eek: :eek: :eek:

My bad....that would be Abilene High....:D

Sweetwater Red
11-16-2009, 05:41 PM
Wylie has an alternative school?:eek: :eek: :eek:

Yep that's the rumor in Sweetwater. Another one is Wylie's Varsity
football team has 50+ players on the roster. :eek:

ccmom
11-16-2009, 06:06 PM
Yep that's the rumor in Sweetwater. Another one is Wylie's Varsity
football team has 50+ players on the roster. :eek: 50?? LOL.....what happened to the other 2/3 of the team?

Sweetwater Red
11-16-2009, 06:55 PM
I think he was only counting the linemen ccmom. :doh:

ivchris
11-16-2009, 07:05 PM
To answer the question............We've been laughing at the Dave Campbell's predictions. We plan on taking the whole enchillada.

Sweetwater Red
11-16-2009, 07:34 PM

My bad....that would be Abilene High....:D

Funny thing is that's actually where nobogey graduated from before he became a self made millionaire and moved to Wylie. I believe he was in the class of '50 something. :D

95mustang
11-16-2009, 07:49 PM
:tongue: :tongue: At least I don't live in one town and have a district rivals mascot in my screen name. :taunt: :taunt:

Sorry but its not the Pink I mean Red mustangs that's in my screen name. It's the Black and Gold ones that will be whipped friday by a district brethren that I do support now that it is playoff time. Nice try though.

by the way..... you looked good in the Blue but you would look great in Maroon. ;)

Halestorm
11-16-2009, 08:33 PM
Which one of the sites figures in the band as part of the equation? Go Pure Gold !!!!!!!!

DaHop72
11-16-2009, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by 95mustang
Sorry but its not the Pink I mean Red mustangs that's in my screen name. It's the Black and Gold ones that will be whipped friday by a district brethren that I do support now that it is playoff time. Nice try though.

by the way..... you looked good in the Blue but you would look great in Maroon. ;) As I said, I can be a temporary Snyder Lion as well.:p :p

injuredinmelee
11-16-2009, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by Halestorm
Which one of the sites figures in the band as part of the equation? Go Pure Gold !!!!!!!!
did you see the article in Sundays paper about Allen High Schools band? Over 650 members... can you imagine?

Halestorm
11-16-2009, 10:36 PM
That must be a great atmosphere!

Pawdaddy
11-17-2009, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by ivchris
To answer the question............We've been laughing at the Dave Campbell's predictions. We plan on taking the whole enchillada.

Well, well, well......I have been away for a little while and I come back and see you guys are alive after all. I thought maybe you were all so beat up after only a 24-7 squeaker that your typing fingers would not work at all. Glad to know you SURVIVED!

You do know that 24 points on the board usually comes with about 3 minutes to go in the first quarter with our Buckeyes so I understand why y'all have been so shy.

Hang in there though! Your Butt-Whooping is on the way!!!

ivchris
11-17-2009, 01:39 PM
PawDaddy........secret Bulldog fan. Otherwise your nick would be BuckeyeDaddy.

I can bring you a Wylie T-Shirt when we meet.

ccmom
11-17-2009, 03:43 PM
Is Andrews the home team this week?

ivchris
11-17-2009, 05:43 PM
I think I read somewhere that we are the home team. My daughter is in the band and I think it was on their itinerary for the game.

ccmom
11-17-2009, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by ivchris
I think I read somewhere that we are the home team. My daughter is in the band and I think it was on their itinerary for the game.

Great, thanks!

nobogey72
11-17-2009, 05:57 PM
Funny thing is that's actually where nobogey graduated from before he became a self made millionaire and moved to Wylie. I believe he was in the class of '50 something. :D

It wasn't "self-made". I had to sleep my way to the top!!!! :rolleyes:

slingshot
11-17-2009, 06:45 PM
Well, well, well......I have been away for a little while and I come back and see you guys are alive after all. I thought maybe you were all so beat up after only a 24-7 squeaker that your typing fingers would not work at all. Glad to know you SURVIVED!

You do know that 24 points on the board usually comes with about 3 minutes to go in the first quarter with our Buckeyes so I understand why y'all have been so shy.

Hang in there though! Your Butt-Whooping is on the way!!! Smack talk from Gilmer... imagine that. We'll see what happens when you run into a real Defense for the first time all year.

injuredinmelee
11-17-2009, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
It wasn't "self-made". I had to sleep my way to the top!!!! :rolleyes:
did he have a big moustache?

IHStangFan
11-17-2009, 10:43 PM

Hang in there though! Your Butt-Whooping is on the way!!! WOW...welcome back!! It HAS been a long time....seems like the last time we heard talk like that...from people like you....the Buckeyes defense hemorrhaged yardage and opposing team TDs and got shafted in the 1st round. Gotta love the playoffs!

How time flies!!...oh...and again...welcome back. :wave:

Pawdaddy
11-17-2009, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
WOW...welcome back!! It HAS been a long time....seems like the last time we heard talk like that...from people like you....the Buckeyes defense hemorrhaged yardage and opposing team TDs and got shafted in the 1st round. Gotta love the playoffs!

How time flies!!...oh...and again...welcome back. :wave:
Come on Stang, you know I have not been far if you have paid any attention at all. For the past 3 years anyway. But that 1st round game you are talking about was to the eventual State Champion LE Leopards. Oh, and since you reminded me, over the past 6 years, Gilmer won 1 title, lost to the eventual State Champion 4 times in the playoffs, and lost once in the fourth highest scoring game in Texas playoff history (all classifications). And, since you have time, now that your team is, you know, ONE AND DONE, check into the archives and see what 3A team has won the most games since 2000. Do you want a clue?

IHStangFan
11-17-2009, 11:25 PM
Come on Stang, you know I have not been far if you have paid any attention at all. For the past 3 years anyway. But that 1st round game you are talking about was to the eventual State Champion LE Leopards. Oh, and since you reminded me, over the past 6 years, Gilmer won 1 title, lost to the eventual State Champion 4 times in the playoffs, and lost once in the fourth highest scoring game in Texas playoff history (all classifications). And, since you have time, now that your team is, you know, ONE AND DONE, check into the archives and see what 3A team has won the most games since 2000. Do you want a clue? Guilty...guess I wasn't paying attention.....and yeah...Sealy knocked us out last week....difference between you and me is...I don't go around beating my chest counting chickens that haven't hatched yet.

Good luck this week and going forward to the Buckeyes. They have a great team which all of us here are well aware of...but appreciate you reminding us, as...I MIGHT have just forgotten if is wasn't for your reminder and amazingly witty posting prowess.

Pawdaddy
11-17-2009, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
Guilty...guess I wasn't paying attention.....and yeah...Sealy knocked us out last week....difference between you and me is...I don't go around beating my chest counting chickens that haven't hatched yet.

Good luck this week and going forward to the Buckeyes. They have a great team which all of us here are well aware of...but appreciate you reminding us, as...I MIGHT have just forgotten if is wasn't for your reminder and amazingly witty posting prowess.

Thanks for the well wishes, Stang. And I know that I get more than a little obnoxious about the Buckeyes.........that's the fun of it. I always enjoy your posts and there are several others on the Downlow that if they stopped posting, it just would not be worth coming back. With teams like Sealy and Cuero and Celina and AWylie and the resumes they bring with them out there, we in BuckeyeLand know we have to earn it and go through some heavyweight teams to do it. We believe the Buckeyes are ready for the challenge and as a buddy of mine says........Any Team, Any Time, AnyWhere!

I'm sorry. I did it again!

IHStangFan
11-17-2009, 11:46 PM
Thanks for the well wishes, Stang. And I know that I get more than a little obnoxious about the Buckeyes.........that's the fun of it. I always enjoy your posts and there are several others on the Downlow that if they stopped posting, it just would not be worth coming back. With teams like Sealy and Cuero and Celina and AWylie and the resumes they bring with them out there, we in BuckeyeLand know we have to earn it and go through some heavyweight teams to do it. We believe the Buckeyes are ready for the challenge and as a buddy of mine says........Any Team, Any Time, AnyWhere!

I'm sorry. I did it again! I'm just giving you a hard time Paw.....I get after the "overconfident" patrons from time to time....okay...usually ALL of the time....it's just my thing. ;) I have a very good friend from Gilmer (he is a huge Buckeyes homer too!! LOL), and have spent some time there. Nice town, love that part of Texas...and in all honesty....I really don't see anyone knocking you guys off either at this point, barring injury, or extreme circumstances...but it's fun to talk a little garbage. Anything can happen though, as we've already seen in the 1st round this year. I LOVE the playoffs!! :D

No harm no foul good sir! :clap:

bowleghorses
11-18-2009, 09:49 AM
So when is this Wylie-Gilmer game supposed to be played?:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

waterboy
11-18-2009, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by bowleghorses
So when is this Wylie-Gilmer game supposed to be played?:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Saturday, December 12, at 3:00 PM, at Cowboy Stadium in Arlington.:D

bowleghorses
11-18-2009, 09:55 AM
Ya'll make sure you start preparing for Wylie right now. There no way you will have to face anybody else.:D :D :D

Pawdaddy
11-18-2009, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by bowleghorses

I'll be your Huckleberry.............

bowleghorses
11-18-2009, 10:20 AM

squid
11-18-2009, 10:36 AM
I had to sleep my way to the top

the last time I was in the bank you were still asleep! :D