PDA

View Full Version : Burkburnett

Old Dog
11-16-2009, 12:26 AM
Someone clue us in on Burkburnett. What offense do they operate. Are they fast, big, whatever you want to tell us! I read that they advanced 2 or 3 games into the playoffs last year, is that correct?

Texas Cougar
11-16-2009, 09:33 AM
They had a bye in the first round last year and lost their first game to China Spring 24-3. Cannot help you with this years team.

MamaBull
11-16-2009, 09:52 AM
pretty big all around, not much speed though. all the backs run hard, the QB and number 25 are the best runners.
burk runs a form of wing t and does a lot of mid-line with the QB. he's not much of a passer.
the defense is ok, they can play the run but have a hard time with passes.

Old Dog
11-16-2009, 01:06 PM
thanks

GreenMonster
11-16-2009, 01:58 PM
Flex bone out of double wing. Have incorporated the student body sweep out of the double wing as well.

plpsftball
11-16-2009, 03:26 PM
Dont let Rocket see that they are a run heavy team.

IP-HAWKS
11-17-2009, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by plpsftball

NOW THAT IS FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BurkNate
11-18-2009, 04:24 PM
Burk will win by 14

bigwood33
11-18-2009, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by BurkNate
Burk will win by 14
Now THAT is a bold 1st post! Not a Burkburnett homer are we?;)
I hate to burst your 'Burk Bubble but Burnet wins this one...pretty handily.

hollywood
11-18-2009, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by bigwood33
I hate to burst your 'Burk Bubble but Burnet wins this one...pretty handily. :fnypost: :iagree:

BurkFan
11-18-2009, 05:47 PM
Handily huh? We will see! And I love reading everyone's assessment of our team. But there was a whole bunch of new things I saw this week in practice. Hope the Burnet scouts are on their toes.

Daddy D 11
11-18-2009, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by BurkNate
Burk will win by 14

Never. Burnet ROLLS.

lvbears32
11-18-2009, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by BurkFan
Handily huh? We will see! And I love reading everyone's assessment of our team. But there was a whole bunch of new things I saw this week in practice. Hope the Burnet scouts are on their toes.

Care to fill us in???

Daddy D 11
11-18-2009, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by lvbears32
Care to fill us in???
He can't dude, it's top secret:rolleyes:

lange4
11-18-2009, 10:05 PM
does'nt matter what new things you throw at anybody. It still takes the same athletes to make them work. If the old stuff worked you would not be trying new stuff.

bigwood33
11-18-2009, 10:14 PM
I am certainly NOT a Burkburnett hater but this years team isn't as good as last years and that team got bounced in the 2nd round (after a 1st round bye). As for the "new things" you saw, let me guess, Burk is going to run the ball...almost all of the time, and mix in what they call a pass (option pitch on the veer). You can't change what you are and Burk is a very solid RUNNING/OPTION team and has been for several years.

lange4
11-18-2009, 10:34 PM
I just know Burnet is a solid team. Offensivly and Defensivily. I do not think Burkburnett stacks up to the athletic ability of the Bulldogs.

BurkFan
11-19-2009, 10:46 AM
I am certainly NOT a Burkburnett hater but this years team isn't as good as last years and that team got bounced in the 2nd round (after a 1st round bye). As for the "new things" you saw, let me guess, Burk is going to run the ball...almost all of the time, and mix in what they call a pass (option pitch on the veer). You can't change what you are and Burk is a very solid RUNNING/OPTION team and has been for several years.

Oh I am not saying anyone is a hater. Not at all. But teams in Burk years past have had a feature back to key on. This year...not so much. We spend so much time talking about the games here...but what I love is that on the field, it can be anyone's game. Prepare and play and see what happens. Should be a fun game.

BurkFan
11-21-2009, 02:13 AM

No offense but the Burk bubble did not burst...and the only place the bulldogs from Burnet will be playing is in a basketball gym. Burkburnett BULLDOGS win 27-21..Never trailed in the game...and a ~7 minute long 92 yard drive sealed the deal...and we even went easy on you and decided to kneel down rather than punch it in for another TD. Thanks for playing. Abilene Wylie...COME ON DOWN!

Sorry BurkNate...we didn't cover your spread :) Maybe next week sir! ;)

Z-RO
11-21-2009, 02:37 AM
Congrats to Burk, really didnt expect that win :clap:

Old Dog
11-21-2009, 09:38 AM
Congrats, Burkburnett...........keep rolling

goobid
11-21-2009, 10:27 AM
I'll take the purple Bulldogs by 10 :) purple

bigwood33
11-21-2009, 07:29 PM

Well, I will have my crow served medium well. Congratulations to Burkburnett!

westcoast54
11-21-2009, 09:52 PM
Well, I will have my crow served medium well. Congratulations to Burkburnett!

Nice post bigwood. Congrats to Burk! Great job Boz keep it up! Happy for you and your staff!

slingshot
11-22-2009, 12:15 AM
[B]Abilene Wylie...COME ON DOWN! Oh, we're coming. Don't worry about that. And we'll be bringing the best run defense you've seen to date. This one could get medieval... Wylie by 14.

3AFootballfan
11-22-2009, 12:39 AM
Wylie by 28 at least

BurkFan
11-22-2009, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by slingshot
Oh, we're coming. Don't worry about that. And we'll be bringing the best run defense you've seen to date. This one could get medieval... Wylie by 14.

By medieval, do you mean...like...that guy in the green wool tights on the freecreditreport website commercial at the Renaissance Faire? But of course I know yours will be purple. So if I understand this correctly, Abilene Wylie shows up in purple wool tights? Very reminiscent of Joe Namath wearing panty hose in the 70's. Awesome! It's great to see teams thinking outside the box.

Ok sounds great! I love a good football game :):clap:

Pendragon13
11-22-2009, 11:30 AM
By medieval, do you mean...like...that guy in the green wool tights on the freecreditreport website commercial at the Renaissance Faire? But of course I know yours will be purple. So if I understand this correctly, Abilene Wylie shows up in purple wool tights? Very reminiscent of Joe Namath wearing panty hose in the 70's. Awesome! It's great to see teams thinking outside the box.

Ok sounds great! I love a good football game :):clap: You got it! Except our purple tights are made out of poly and may have a pad or two. You guys feel free to wear whatever you want.:cool:

BurkFan
11-22-2009, 11:42 AM
Thanks to all you Burnet fans.

My son, who plays, said your players were a class act. He said he really enjoyed playing against them. He said there was no trash talking in the trenches and that the players were all business. Good luck to all of you.

Rocket
11-22-2009, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by plpsftball

Heaven forbid I have an opinion. LOL Wylie is going to chew Burk up and spit them out. They will blow the run up.

slingshot
11-22-2009, 06:03 PM

Ok sounds great! I love a good football game :):clap: Uhhh.... No :rolleyes: I mean What we do to your one dimensional run game is going to be really brutal. Just like last time... maybe worse. Remember now?

ccmom
11-22-2009, 09:32 PM
Nevermind

westcoast54
11-22-2009, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by slingshot
Uhhh.... No :rolleyes: I mean What we do to your one dimensional run game is going to be really brutal. Just like last time... maybe worse. Remember now?

I know Wylie is a very good football team. However, Burk's "one dimensional run game" is the option. That means Wylie has to play assignment defense. Something that is not easy to do on just three days of practice. Burk is VERY good at what they do so don't get too overconfident. Everyone said Burnet was going to walk all over them and all Burk did was dominate from start to finish.