PDA

View Full Version : Giddings Buffaloes - Season Recap

Milk That Cow
11-16-2009, 12:16 AM
I'm still in a state of shock over Friday Night's loss...

Everything that could go wrong, did go wrong and Brookshire Royal took advantage of it...

The whole game reminded me of the first half of the 2006 Liberty Hill playoff game...

I just think we weren't ready to play...

Came in a little too overconfident...

And just couldn't shake the cobwebs out to get the Win...

This Giddings Team Was Special....

I mean the Offense might have been the most talented and productive Giddings Offense in the last 30 Years...

Unbelievably Good...

Everybody, and I mean Everybody expected the Buffs to make a Deep, Long Successful Playoff Run and it finished before it even got started...

No District Championship

Not a Playoff Win

And the Season is Over...

wow...

IHStangFan
11-16-2009, 12:20 AM
I'm not as shocked as some that BR came away w/ the win. They've got a potent offense w/ lots of speed. I AM a little shocked at the final score though.

With that said...Giddings always fields a good team, and I have no doubt they'll be back next year.

How many seniors were on this years team? What do the Buffs have coming back?

Sealy is coming on and will more than likely be around for years to come in the playoff picture.

Tough district indeed.

Spread It Out
11-16-2009, 03:15 AM
Originally posted by Milk That Cow
I mean the Offense might have been the most talented and productive Giddings Offense in the last 30 Years...

Not so fast my friend. Brock Fitzhenry and his offense was pretty darn good.

TRENCHES06
11-16-2009, 07:38 AM
Brock was no passing threat...

hookandladder
11-16-2009, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by Milk That Cow
I'm still in a state of shock over Friday Night's loss...

Everything that could go wrong, did go wrong and Brookshire Royal took advantage of it...

The whole game reminded me of the first half of the 2006 Liberty Hill playoff game...

I just think we weren't ready to play...

Came in a little too overconfident...

And just couldn't shake the cobwebs out to get the Win...

This Giddings Team Was Special....

Unbelievably Good...

Everybody, and I mean Everybody expected the Buffs to make a Deep, Long Successful Playoff Run and it finished before it even got started...

No District Championship

Not a Playoff Win

And the Season is Over...

wow...

I would have to agree with you, their offense as far as passing and running was the best I have seen in many years. As i have stated before I think losing Masek and Plumley was a big key reason why this team did not live up to it's expectations, losing those two players had to hurt their Senior Leadership. Another question why was this game played in Austin area and not somewhere closer to the two schools.

1st and goal
11-16-2009, 09:11 AM
Sad to say but our level of play on offense looked worse than our pre-district games. Defense played good, they just got tired when our offense turned it over 8 times. 4 interceptions and 4 fumbles. Brookshire's D was defending the interior line A gaps very well. Buffs best play was a sweep around the end. IMO, They should've kept running it until BR could stop it.

I am appreciative for the coaches and players efforts and I want to thank them. I just wish for them that things could've gone different.

BILLYFRED0000
11-16-2009, 09:28 AM
Well, 8 turnovers will kill you everytime. Hope to see you guys back next year buffs.....

GiddingsFan
11-16-2009, 10:13 AM
We are all pretty shocked. I was not proud of our crowsd leaving before the game was over. Disappointed or not, the fans should have stayed. Thanks for a great season Fitzhenry and the rest of the coaches.

AKA CEASAR
11-16-2009, 10:45 AM
Well was a good effort by Giddings and wish them luck in basketball season....BR looked like the mistake free playoff team on Friday and not 20 point underdogs, and those of you who went to the game witnessed that....

Johnny Utah
11-16-2009, 11:11 AM
Crowds and fans leaving early in a playoff game would tick me off as well. They should be there in the end win or lose and support the players and coaches. Too much time and effort goes into these types of games just to leave and be a fair weather fan. JMO

Spread It Out
11-16-2009, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by TRENCHES06
Brock was no passing threat...

He didn't have to be. Noone has to be a passing threat when you can run as fast as that kid. They ran it down damn near everyone's throat no matter what. He also won his first round playoff games.

Rule #76
11-16-2009, 11:18 AM
Have to agree. I think your way off to say this was the best offense in the last 30 years. JMO

Old QB
11-16-2009, 11:22 AM
Get over it - just be glad that you made the playoffs.

1st and goal
11-16-2009, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
Well, 8 turnovers will kill you everytime. Hope to see you guys back next year buffs.....

Thanks BillyFred. We should be back. There were plenty of underclassmen who got playing time.