PDA

View Full Version : Alverado vs. Prosper

bowleghorses
11-16-2009, 12:08 AM
What are your thoughts on this game?:)

IHStangFan
11-16-2009, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by bowleghorses
What are your thoughts on this game?:) I know Prosper is a defending state champ.....other than that...not much.

Anyone now anything about Alverado?

bowleghorses
11-16-2009, 12:20 AM
Alverado appears tp be a rushing team . I wonder how they will stack up against that tough Prosper D.

IHStangFan
11-16-2009, 12:22 AM
We need to recruit........posters that is, from several of these towns that aren't represented well here on the DL.

I know nothing about Alverado, don't know much about Prosper.....

Other teams that come to mine....Devine, Decauter........Lamesa......

bowleghorses
11-16-2009, 12:28 AM
I'm trying to represent all the way from south Louisiana.:D

WildTexan972
11-16-2009, 12:35 AM
another spankin

bowleghorses
11-16-2009, 12:44 AM
I hope so, but I know the Eagles will not look past Alverado.

trojan37
11-16-2009, 01:41 AM
Originally posted by bowleghorses
I hope so, but I know the Eagles will not look past Alverado.

It's Alvarado.

charlesrixey
11-16-2009, 07:49 AM
Alvarado was better last year, and this year the Eagles know what it takes to win it.

Prosper will control this game

BILLYFRED0000
11-16-2009, 08:50 AM
This will probably be a shut out by the Eagles. Very good defense against the run. Their front seven should control the line and the game and I doubt that Alvarado can stop Prosper more than two or three times.

bowleghorses
11-16-2009, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by trojan37
It's Alvarado.

My bad, no disrespect intended.:(

tres beauties
11-16-2009, 11:19 AM
Alvarado can win but they have to play well. They have a 2000 yard rusher from 08 that returned this year. Word of caution: he did hurt his ankle last week and watched the second half from sidelines on crutches.

bowleghorses
11-16-2009, 01:45 PM
I heard their good back got hurt, how serious is the injury? It's a bad time to deal with a bad injury.

BILLYFRED0000
11-16-2009, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by tres beauties
Alvarado can win but they have to play well. They have a 2000 yard rusher from 08 that returned this year. Word of caution: he did hurt his ankle last week and watched the second half from sidelines on crutches.

YOu have not seen prosper play. Good defense excellent against the run. You can throw on them if you have good route runners and a QB that is accurate and can rollout and throw well on the run. Prosper does not contain as well if your qb is a good runner on the rollouts but not as well still means very good.

tres beauties
11-16-2009, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
YOu have not seen prosper play. Good defense excellent against the run. You can throw on them if you have good route runners and a QB that is accurate and can rollout and throw well on the run. Prosper does not contain as well if your qb is a good runner on the rollouts but not as well still means very good.

How do you know I haven't seen Prosper play? You're right: I don't know that they like to run a counter where they pull the TE and BS guard and that sometimes they toss the ball on this counter instead of handing it off. I don't know that in the N Lamar game they threw the stop route to #23 four or five times. I also don't know that they put the big DL, # 17, at receiver opposite the trips. I don't know the they like the tunnel sweep especially to the weak side (or at least they did vs N Lamar). There's much more that I don't know. I'm not trying to be rude; I'm just saying make sure that what you post is accurate.

LE Dad
11-16-2009, 02:53 PM
How do you know I haven't seen Prosper play? You're right: I don't know that they like to run a counter where they pull the TE and BS guard and that sometimes they toss the ball on this counter instead of handing it off. I don't know that in the N Lamar game they threw the stop route to #23 four or five times. I also don't know that they put the big DL, # 17, at receiver opposite the trips. I don't know the they like the tunnel sweep especially to the weak side (or at least they did vs N Lamar). There's much more that I don't know. I'm not trying to be rude; I'm just saying make sure that what you post is accurate. Welcome to the board:D

OrangeChamps
11-16-2009, 02:54 PM
Billy, have you seen Alvarado play?

BILLYFRED0000
11-16-2009, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by OrangeChamps
Billy, have you seen Alvarado play?

Not this year. Last year. They looked good last year but not so good this year according to people I know and trust.

WildTexan972
11-16-2009, 03:11 PM
we are supposed to be sure what we post is ACCURATE????

well there goes half the posts from this board........

OrangeChamps
11-16-2009, 03:22 PM
Thanks Billy. I don't they are going to meet up with a equally tough opponent till semi's. That's not to say they can't be beat before then, but I believe it will take major mistakes.

With that being said, give me Prosper by 21.

BILLYFRED0000
11-16-2009, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by OrangeChamps
Thanks Billy. I don't they are going to meet up with a equally tough opponent till semi's. That's not to say they can't be beat before then, but I believe it will take major mistakes.

With that being said, give me Prosper by 21.

I have some friends I work with from Alvarado and one of them is a regular at the games. Loves the stuff. He said they were decent but they had not seen any of the good defenses in play this year and could move on some teams but fail on others.

They lost to Waco Midway, Joshua, fort worth Boswell and Kennedale (43-27) and had trouble putting points on Kaufman. Kennedale has decent d. Kaufman a little better but neither on the level of Prosper or Argyle or Celina for that matter.

BILLYFRED0000
11-16-2009, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by WildTexan972

I thought he said "at your rat". Nobody in their right mind expects accuracy.

bowleghorses
11-16-2009, 04:08 PM

Only half?:D :D :D

bobcat4life
11-16-2009, 06:47 PM
Alvarado is a good team, but i think they dont have the talent to keep up with Prosper. Prosper wins by 21-30 points.

BobcatBenny
11-16-2009, 07:15 PM

Well ... there go all of mine.

rolltider
11-16-2009, 09:36 PM
Prosper's d will shut down Alvarado. The North Lamar game isn't a good game to use for comparison Prosper had freshman on the D-line that had never played Varsity and still kept PNL from scoring. Prosper's by 21 points!

bowleghorses
11-17-2009, 11:22 AM
Does anyone know if this game will be broadcast online?

tres beauties
11-17-2009, 11:28 AM
Alvarado games are usually broadcast on the Alvarado ISD website

bowleghorses
11-17-2009, 01:11 PM
Any updates on the injury to their big back. Will he be ready to play friday night?

bigwood33
11-17-2009, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by rolltider
Prosper's d will shut down Alvarado. The North Lamar game isn't a good game to use for comparison Prosper had freshman on the D-line that had never played Varsity and still kept PNL from scoring. Prosper's by 21 points!
At the half of the PNL game, Prosper had over 220 yards and PNL had 36...
Prosper- 35
Alvarado- 7
A college buddy of mine is the HC at Alvarado and another is the DC. I wish I had a better feeling for them but I don't.

PHOP
11-17-2009, 03:27 PM
How do you know I haven't seen Prosper play? You're right: I don't know that they like to run a counter where they pull the TE and BS guard and that sometimes they toss the ball on this counter instead of handing it off. I don't know that in the N Lamar game they threw the stop route to #23 four or five times. I also don't know that they put the big DL, # 17, at receiver opposite the trips. I don't know the they like the tunnel sweep especially to the weak side (or at least they did vs N Lamar). There's much more that I don't know. I'm not trying to be rude; I'm just saying make sure that what you post is accurate.

:fnypost: :taunt: :bigcry: Thanks for the humor this afternoon - sounds like you have Prosper Scouted out very well...:clap:

You still gotta stop it!!!

Good luck to both sides!!

PHOP
11-18-2009, 08:56 AM
Sure has gotten quiet in here - Must be the mid week blues.

I think this game will be exciting for both squads; I don't look for either team to be able to run up the score. I do expect Prosper to control the game but not in a blowout.

The Eagles are a run first - pass second team with an athletic O line that is not huge but they are well coached. Prosper offense has gotten much better as the season has progressed.

The Eagle defense is fierce, hard hitting and has several all state candidates. They are a swarming physical bunch – bring lots of ice for the after the game.

The Eagles bring a large, spirited crowd to the games to support the team. Friday can’t get here quick enough.

Good luck to both teams

bowleghorses
11-18-2009, 09:53 AM
Maybe the Offense and Defense 1st team will see a little more action this week.:D

Ex-Tiger2005
11-18-2009, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
We need to recruit........posters that is, from several of these towns that aren't represented well here on the DL.

I know nothing about Alverado, don't know much about Prosper.....

Other teams that come to mine....Devine, Decauter........Lamesa......

What do you need to know about Lamesa? :D

I root for Snyder but I can help with Lamesa too!

CHS_89
11-18-2009, 09:58 AM
Give me Prosper by 21. D is too good. Represent 9-3A! Good luck Eagles.

tres beauties
11-18-2009, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by PHOP
:fnypost: :taunt: :bigcry: Thanks for the humor this afternoon - sounds like you have Prosper Scouted out very well...:clap:

You still gotta stop it!!!

Good luck to both sides!!

I wouldn't call myself a scout. I've just seen them play.

ctown
11-18-2009, 12:35 PM
Prosper will win 49-7

bowleghorses
11-18-2009, 01:12 PM
No, the subs will go in way before 49 points are scored.:D