PDA

View Full Version : Gilmer fans...

navscanmaster
11-15-2009, 10:32 PM
I will be staying at the Wingate in Longview most of the next two weeks for work. I have only been here one day, and I have already met several Gilmerites. I don't know if that is what you guys call yourselves, but nonetheless, they have all been nice and full of Buckeye pride. They are very intrigued to know that a guy from Navasota knows so much about them, and interested about us being a potential opponent a few weeks from now.

That is all.

WOS87
11-15-2009, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
II have already met several Gilmerites. I don't know if that is what you guys call yourselves.

I refer to them as Gilmen...

IHStangFan
11-15-2009, 10:45 PM
One of my best friends I made in the Army was from Gilmer. Spend a week up there one time w/ him and his family. Very nice people, very proud of the Buckeyes. Neat town.

LE Dad
11-15-2009, 10:49 PM
Lucas Lovejoy and LE are playing about 10 miles away in Hallsville Friday night. If you are still in Longview and want to catch some Reg 2 action come on down. It should be funny both teams wear Red and are Leopards. LOL

navscanmaster
11-16-2009, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by LE Dad
Lucas Lovejoy and LE are playing about 10 miles away in Hallsville Friday night. If you are still in Longview and want to catch some Reg 2 action come on down. It should be funny both teams wear Red and are Leopards. LOL
I'll be working that night, otherwise, yeah, I would like to see Lovejoy, since the DMN hypes them up so much. Maybe an unknown ready to break out? Regardless, I would be rooting on LE.:D

IHStangFan
11-16-2009, 12:52 AM
I'll be working that night, otherwise, yeah, I would like to see Lovejoy, since the DMN hypes them up so much. Maybe an unknown ready to break out? Regardless, I would be rooting on LE.:D Have a radio near....they're real good about broadcasting HS football on the radio in that part of the state. :)

navscanmaster
11-16-2009, 01:06 AM
I probably will. I am hoping that we are done with the job early enough that night that we can either come on home, or have a little free time before our ride hot shots us back Saturday morning.

IHStangFan
11-16-2009, 01:09 AM
I probably will. I am hoping that we are done with the job early enough that night that we can either come on home, or have a little free time before our ride hot shots us back Saturday morning. I'll probably be up at the property this weekend (In between Navasota and Madisonville on 90)....I can usually pick up several games on the radio from there. And the further east you go...the more games you seem to be able to get.

Aesculus gilmus
11-16-2009, 07:24 AM
Speaking of radio, the Buckeyes have not been on the air since the end of the 2005 season. I've always thought this to be strange.

There is actually an FM station at 95.3 licensed to Gilmer. It used to have a studio here and did the games for a number of years. It was owned by a local guy.

He used to do the play-by-play himself. In fact, I recall him broadcasting games in which Coach Jeff Traylor himself was playing for the Buckeyes.

Then he sold out to someone in Longview and the station basically moved there, although, as I said, it is still licensed to Gilmer

The consolidation of the radio industry has made it nearly impossible to be able to deal with local people who have any loyalty to local communities.

oldtownag
11-16-2009, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by WOS87
I refer to them as Gilmen...

Carthage fans call them victims!

Pawdaddy
11-16-2009, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by oldtownag

.....and call themselves "Lucky" that Gilmer went D1!

waterboy
11-16-2009, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by Pawdaddy
.....and call themselves "Lucky" that Gilmer went D1!
:clap: :clap: :clap: They ARE lucky this year that Gilmer went D1......or the Dawgs would be the victims!;) :D

lulu
11-17-2009, 05:14 PM
I will be staying at the Wingate in Longview most of the next two weeks for work. I have only been here one day, and I have already met several Gilmerites. I don't know if that is what you guys call yourselves, but nonetheless, they have all been nice and full of Buckeye pride. They are very intrigued to know that a guy from Navasota knows so much about them, and interested about us being a potential opponent a few weeks from now.

That is all.

You are about a mile or two from my front door. Hope Longview treats you good.

navscanmaster
11-17-2009, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by lulu
You are about a mile or two from my front door. Hope Longview treats you good.
So far, so good. Fixing to go to Buffalo Wild Wings for a little relaxation time. The oilfield saps the give a s*** right out of you.:sleeping:

Buckeye1980
11-18-2009, 10:08 AM
I drive right by your "temporary" home every on the way to and from home every day. And I spent my wedding night there, then we moved on to further action!

Mojado
11-18-2009, 10:27 AM
I just want to say this...

I'm not from anywhere near Gilmer. Not a fan, relative, alum. I saw this team play twice this year, my buddy (a coach) showed me film of another game... with all this said...

Gilmer is LOADED ... They may not win it all(because in the playoffs you never know), but I would love to see the team to bring them down. Only 2 flaws on that team IMO is the young LB'er(and he's freaky good) and I think either a DL or DB that's young and still they both are very good...

Good luck, I'll be at every game from here on out... I don't root for anyone, just an OLD coach who loves the game...

waterboy
11-18-2009, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by Mojado

I'm not from anywhere near Gilmer. Not a fan, relative, alum. I saw this team play twice this year, my buddy (a coach) showed me film of another game... with all this said...

Gilmer is LOADED ... They may not win it all(because in the playoffs you never know), but I would love to see the team to bring them down. Only 2 flaws on that team IMO is the young LB'er(and he's freaky good) and I think either a DL or DB that's young and still they both are very good...

Good luck, I'll be at every game from here on out... I don't root for anyone, just an OLD coach who loves the game...
Does this mean you'll be at every Buckeye game here on out, or just any HS game each week? I'll bet you get to sit in the pressbox, don't ya? If not, look me up and you can sit with me and the rest of the "rowdy crowd".:D

Mojado
11-18-2009, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
Does this mean you'll be at every Buckeye game here on out, or just any HS game each week? I'll bet you get to sit in the pressbox, don't ya? If not, look me up and you can sit with me and the rest of the "rowdy crowd".:D

I'll be at every Gilmer game...If it's cold or rainy i'm in the box.. if not i'm usually on the sidlines or around the endzone...

lulu
11-18-2009, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by Mojado

Hey you live close to my daughter. She lives just across the low water crossing on Fallen Timber.

Buckeye80
11-18-2009, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by oldtownag

Oh I can't wait to hear the Carthage fans IF Gilmer wins D1 and they win D2. "We beat Gilmer last time we played, so we are the outright champs!" Oh God! I wanna throw up already!