Cincinnati .854
Boise State .795
Georgia Tech .772
LSU .665
Pitt .660
Ohio St .650

wyliefan
11-15-2009, 08:17 PM
How does Jeff Sagarin still have USC as the 9th best team in the nation and Okie State 23rd. USC has three bad loses.

29-3aFAN
11-15-2009, 08:43 PM
And Florida keeps scraping by.

XtremeCouture
11-15-2009, 08:45 PM
florida at .983 is absolute garbage

Spread It Out
11-15-2009, 08:49 PM
how is that garbage? they've beated every team they've played this year. margin of victory doesn't mean anything. you must be a bob stoops follower.

XtremeCouture
11-15-2009, 08:52 PM
if margin of victory doesn't matter then why is boise state getting so much crap?

Spread It Out
11-15-2009, 08:53 PM
because strength of schedule matters.

XtremeCouture
11-15-2009, 08:55 PM
if boise state beats all of those teams 60-0 no one would care about their SOS

Spread It Out
11-15-2009, 09:00 PM
yes they would. beating #8 lsu 23-13 is way more of an accomplishment than beating miami (OH) 48-0

Emerson1
11-15-2009, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by Spread It Out
yes they would. beating #8 lsu 23-13 is way more of an accomplishment than beating miami (OH) 48-0
That's not the game in question.

Tennesse 23-13
Arkansas 23-20
Mississippi State 29-19
South Carolina 24-14

Spread It Out
11-15-2009, 10:18 PM
margin of victory is not in the mix.

TheDOCTORdre
11-15-2009, 10:23 PM
margin of victory is not in the mix.

exactly, and it wont factor into much if Florida gets to the NC, cause whether its by a lot or a few UT is gonna donkey stomp the Gators

tigerfan09
11-15-2009, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
exactly, and it wont factor into much if Florida gets to the NC, cause whether its by a lot or a few UT is gonna donkey stomp the Gators

We all have to remember that King Tebow could very well be dethroned in the SEC title game by the Crimson Tide...

I would rather see a Texas/Alabama matchup...

formercougar18
11-15-2009, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
That's not the game in question.

Tennesse 23-13
Arkansas 23-20
Mississippi State 29-19
South Carolina 24-14

it's the SEC thats why.

IHStangFan
11-15-2009, 11:39 PM
USC and the media's love affair w/ them is a freakin joke.

Where are all of the USC lovers that were in here 2 weeks ago defending them and arguing that the PAC-10 was NOT a weak conference and mocking all of us that stated as much?

I'd love to hear their thoughts/explanations.

:D :stirpot:

formercougar18
11-15-2009, 11:44 PM
no doubt, USC fans are all bandwagon jumpers, and the only reason why their ever ranked is based on tradition.

Emerson1
11-16-2009, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by formercougar18
no doubt, USC fans are all bandwagon jumpers, and the only reason why their ever ranked is based on tradition.
Same with the SEC. it was the most dominant conference in years past. Not it's just filled with good defenses and really really bad offenses.

formercougar18
11-16-2009, 12:39 AM
yea i will agree there is a lack of a consistent offense. every once in awhile someone has a great game such as dexter mccluster this past weekend. but what two teams in the sec have that a USC doesn't if a 0 in the loss column

Daddy B 12
11-16-2009, 12:57 AM
Florida is rightfully still at #1 because nobody has knocked them off. But I can't wait to watch them get waxed by UT in the National Championship.

formercougar18
11-16-2009, 01:05 AM
we will just have to wait. It will be a good game, but i think alabama/florida's defense will completely stop their run game. pass game i cant vouch for. But im ready to see the national championship even though im hoping that Texas somehow loses in the big 12 championship so TCU will maybe get a shot.

Spread It Out
11-16-2009, 03:09 AM
Texas has 0 run game and Florida has arguably the best pass defense in the country. You might think the SEC has bad offenses but with the exception of Texas, there is no defense in the big 12 whatsoever. Football is all about matchups and Texas does not have the athleticism Florida has. Period. I'm praying every night before I go to sleep that Texas and Florida meet in the NC to settle all you Steer lovers.

Z-RO
11-16-2009, 06:09 AM
Texas has 0 run game and Florida has arguably the best pass defense in the country. You might think the SEC has bad offenses but with the exception of Texas, there is no defense in the big 12 whatsoever. Football is all about matchups and Texas does not have the athleticism Florida has. Period. I'm praying every night before I go to sleep that Texas and Florida meet in the NC to settle all you Steer lovers.

Are you serious? Florida's pass D is probably the worst part of their defense. You stating that Texas does not have the athletes Florida does is just :crazy: . Texas has the #1 defense in the nation, have you seen the totals Texas has held teams to? All in all this is the typical Longhorn hater post so I shouldnt have expected very much.

gatordaze
11-16-2009, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by Z-RO
Are you serious? Florida's pass D is probably the worst part of their defense. You stating that Texas does not have the athletes Florida does is just :crazy: . Texas has the #1 defense in the nation, have you seen the totals Texas has held teams to? All in all this is the typical Longhorn hater post so I shouldnt have expected very much.

What are you talking about? They are ranked #2 in Pass Defense and #1 in Pass Efficiency Defense, The Pass defense Saturday was the BEST part of a lack luster game. Blitz', sacks and batted balls eveywhere. This is the same defense that destroyed the greatest offense ever last year in the NCG. Criticize the O but not the pass D!

themsu97
11-16-2009, 09:52 AM
SEC dominance huh...
way to go LSU, stumbling past that great LA tech team... funny how nobody focuses on that...

Florida will get throttled by Bama... Tebow is not going to like getting hit hard on every play... teh SEC gets what it wants... Bama and Texas in the championship...

Rocket
11-16-2009, 10:09 AM
BCS=BS

BTownVBall3
11-16-2009, 10:15 AM
#2 pass defense and #1 pass efficeincy defense huh. . That has nothing to do with the only 2 teams in the sec that even throw the ball are ole miss and arkansas. Can we please take that into consideration.

crzyjournalist03
11-16-2009, 10:30 AM
I think TCU could hang with any of the top 3 right now, and I hope they get the chance and don't get put up against a team like Cincinnati in a BCS game.

NastySlot
11-16-2009, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
I think TCU could hang with any of the top 3 right now, and I hope they get the chance and don't get put up against a team like Cincinnati in a BCS game.

i agree with you...went to the game saturday and was very impressed...they are very solid offensively, defensively and with special teams.........and they are fast..

that hughes maybe one of the best players I have ever seen.

Daddy D 11
11-16-2009, 10:38 AM
Liberty Hills secondary could have a good pass efficiency rating in the SEC. Hell, all you gotta do is bat down the 4 pass attempts thrown during the entire game and you look golden.

BTownVBall3
11-16-2009, 10:38 AM
They can't be fast, they aren't in the SEC. . Probably a lack of athletes too.

gatordaze
11-16-2009, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by BTownVBall3
#2 pass defense and #1 pass efficeincy defense huh. . That has nothing to do with the only 2 teams in the sec that even throw the ball are ole miss and arkansas. Can we please take that into consideration.

I can't defend the sec or the big 12 for that matter this year. What I do know is that OU and the B12 were awesome offensively last season and that the Gators dominated them last season. This is the SAME defense 1 year older and playing great. Unless you really believe that UTx is better than OU last year you are going to be disappointed if you think thqt you can score more than 14-17 points on this D. Combine that with the 7-10 points that the Gators score every game on d and special teams and all they will need is a TD or so to beat the horns.

Should be fun. I am glad we don't have to play TCU they look to be the real deal.

Daddy D 11
11-16-2009, 12:59 PM
Gatordaze, you can say the same things about Texas' special teams and defense. I wouldn't be surprised if Texas has MORE defensive and special teams touchdowns this year than Florida does. So throw that argument out the window.

Texas' defense is world better than OU's was last year also. So UT's starting field position is going to be favorable for the Horns. Special teams, defense, whatever... Florida barely scores 20 points a game against defenses that are not as good as the Horns. Good luck moving the ball Tebow against the #1 rushing defense.

waterboy
11-16-2009, 01:17 PM
Just throwing this out there......I think Texas was better than OU last year, and should've been in the championship game.......but I digress.... If Texas would've gotten into the championship game, I think the 'Horns would've beaten Florida. This year, the 'Horns are better defensively, but have sputtered a little offensively......at least early in games, but I haven't been impressed with the 'Gator offense, either. I think Alabama will beat out Florida to go the BCS championship game, too, and I think Texas will be there waiting.

Now, TCU is a whole other animal! I ain't sure any other team in the country could beat them right now, and unless two of the top three teams lose a game, they won't even get a chance to prove it. That is exactly why the BCS is bullcrap, and we need a playoff system in the NCAA.

gatordaze
11-16-2009, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
Gatordaze, you can say the same things about Texas' special teams and defense. I wouldn't be surprised if Texas has MORE defensive and special teams touchdowns this year than Florida does. So throw that argument out the window.

Texas' defense is world better than OU's was last year also. So UT's starting field position is going to be favorable for the Horns. Special teams, defense, whatever... Florida barely scores 20 points a game against defenses that are not as good as the Horns. Good luck moving the ball Tebow against the #1 rushing defense.

I was not talking about OU's defense. I was pointing out that OU had a great offense last year and that the gators d dominated them in the ncg. My quiestion was do you believe that UTx O is
better than OU's O was last year? I know that
the gator d is better than year as they are the
same exact players a year older

Daddy D 11
11-16-2009, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by gatordaze
I know that the gator d is better than year as they are the same exact players a year older

That doesn't make them better.
And I actually think that the Texas offense gives that defense more fits than Oklahoma's because Tx will spread them out more and not be as pro-styled as OU.

TheDOCTORdre
11-16-2009, 02:15 PM
I was not talking about OU's defense. I was pointing out that OU had a great offense last year and that the gators d dominated them in the ncg. My quiestion was do you believe that UTx O is
better than OU's O was last year? I know that
the gator d is better than year as they are the
same exact players a year older

Of course your not talking about OU's defense and the fact that Texas is head and shoulders better defensively than the team the UF met in the NC game last year, why would we want to discuss that. Factor that in with the fact that UF's offense is not the caliber that it was last year, and you have something that Florida fans dont want to even think about. The gator D is statistically better but thats just attributed to the fact that SEC offenses are weaker this year...and the only reason FLorida is "better" this year than last year isbecause the gouge eyes:D :D :D

gatordaze
11-16-2009, 02:26 PM
Of course your not talking about OU's defense and the fact that Texas is head and shoulders better defensively than the team the UF met in the NC game last year, why would we want to discuss that. Factor that in with the fact that UF's offense is not the caliber that it was last year, and you have something that Florida fans dont want to even think about. The gator D is statistically better but thats just attributed to the fact that SEC offenses are weaker this year...and the only reason FLorida is "better" this year than last year isbecause the gouge eyes:D :D :D

Ok Homer let me make my single point crystal clear for you. Assume that it was January 2009 and we were playing this years UTx offense. Would it be a better offense than the OU offense that scored 50+ all season and was held to 14 points?

All I am saying is that you will be playing the same exact defense that is now 1 year older. The mighty horn defense may very well shut out the Gator offense but my portion of this thread was in response to a post that said that the Gator pass defense was the weakest part of their defense. I predict a 10-14 score in his years natl
championship game regardless of the opponents as defense rules across the board this year.

TheDOCTORdre
11-16-2009, 02:27 PM
Ok Homer let me make my single point crystal clear for you. Assume that it was January 2009 and we were playing this years UTx offense. Would it be a better offense than the OU offense that scored 50+ all season and was held to 14 points?

All I am saying is that you will be playing the same exact defense that is now 1 year older. The mighty horn defense may very well shut out the Gator offense but my portion of this thread was in response to a post that said that the Gator pass defense was the weakest part of their defense. I predict a 10-14 score in his years natl
championship game regardless of the opponents as defense rules across the board this year.

how am I a homer? what did I state in my post that isnt true?

big daddy russ
11-16-2009, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
That doesn't make them better.
And I actually think that the Texas offense gives that defense more fits than Oklahoma's because Tx will spread them out more and not be as pro-styled as OU.
In this case it does. They have the #1 defense in the country, holding opponents to 10.5 ppg. They're also #2 in total yards... to Texas... by .6 yards per game.

Florida's the real deal. And as much as Texas fans think this...

Originally posted by Daddy B 12
Florida is rightfully still at #1 because nobody has knocked them off. But I can't wait to watch them get waxed by UT in the National Championship.

...will happen, they're in for a slugfest. Florida is, and should be the favorites (http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-football/odds/futures/). All the top teams have struggled at times this year. The Gators are the only team out of the top five that have been there and won a title.

gatordaze
11-16-2009, 02:51 PM
how am I a homer? what did I state in my post that isnt true?

did not suggest that what you said was untrue just off topic. You are bleating on about how awesome your defense is and I am asking how are you going to score on offense?

And before you decide that the UTx offense is any better than UF's. Check out the stats

atncaa.org/mfb/natlRank.jsp?year=2009&div=IA

statistically even and UF has played a better SOS

TheDOCTORdre
11-16-2009, 02:53 PM
did not suggest that what you said was untrue just off topic. You are bleating on about how awesome your defense is and I am asking how are you going to score on offense?

A UT offense may not be better than the OU offense from last season, but it is better than any offense that Florida has faced this season. If you think that Arkansas and Mississippi State gave you problems then you better watch out.

formercougar18
11-16-2009, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by themsu97
SEC dominance huh...
way to go LSU, stumbling past that great LA tech team... funny how nobody focuses on that...

Florida will get throttled by Bama... Tebow is not going to like getting hit hard on every play... teh SEC gets what it wants... Bama and Texas in the championship...

yea ima big LSU fan, but you also have to remember that their best running back was out, and their starting quarterback. Jarrett Lee is awful, i know its no excuse but we had zero offense with no quarterback, and our defense played well.

gatordaze
11-16-2009, 03:04 PM
A UT offense may not be better than the OU offense from last season, but it is better than any offense that Florida has faced this season. If you think that Arkansas and Mississippi State gave you problems then you better watch out.

And your STILL talking about your defense. We have not had any trouble with anyones offense we are ranked #1 in scoring D at 10.5 yrds per game. If the O gets it together we will win by 3 TD's. You are playing to your potential on both sides of the ball and the gators or not and As of now we are evenly matched. I like our chances if we can get past Alabama.

TheDOCTORdre
11-16-2009, 03:08 PM
And your STILL talking about your defense. We have not had any trouble with anyones offense we are ranked #1 in scoring D at 10.5 yrds per game. If the O gets it together we will win by 3 TD's. You are playing to your potential on both sides of the ball and the gators or not and As of now we are evenly matched. I like our chances if we can get past Alabama.

I apologize for this but you deserve it, READ THE POST MORON, I didnt even mentiong UT's defense in the post you quoted me on.

gatordaze
11-16-2009, 03:18 PM
I apologize for this but you deserve it, READ THE POST MORON, I didnt even mentiong UT's defense in the post you quoted me on.

no but you implied that UF had trouble with arky and msu and that we needs to look out for the horns as they are better and I said that we did not have trouble with anyones offense. I will take 10.5 points a game and count on scoring enough to win

TheDOCTORdre
11-16-2009, 03:34 PM
no but you implied that UF had trouble with arky and msu and that we needs to look out for the horns as they are better and I said that we did not have trouble with anyones offense. I will take 10.5 points a game and count on scoring enough to win

But the problem is these teams with mediocre offenses gave you just enough problems that they were still in the game at the end, and you match up with a UT offense that is much more capable than that and it spells trouble

gatordaze
11-16-2009, 03:58 PM
But the problem is these teams with mediocre offenses gave you just enough problems that they were still in the game at the end, and you match up with a UT offense that is much more capable than that and it spells trouble

You got me there. Fact is we probably won't beat Alabama we are really over rated and you guys are awesome.

TheDOCTORdre
11-16-2009, 04:05 PM
You got me there. Fact is we probably won't beat Alabama we are really over rated and you guys are awesome.

I dont think ya'll are over rated and I think ya'll beat Bama and the championship game is a toss up, I'm just stating my biased opinion.

And I really feel bad about the whole moron thing, the cap locks was kinda harsh, sorry.

gatordaze
11-16-2009, 04:09 PM
I dont think ya'll are over rated and I think ya'll beat Bama and the championship game is a toss up, I'm just stating my biased opinion.

And I really feel bad about the whole moron thing, the cap locks was kinda harsh, sorry.

Not offended I have been called worse. It just sucks to pull for an inferior team and not be able to win an argument over who is better. I am glad that I live in Celina!

LionKing
11-16-2009, 04:54 PM
SEC officials have made sure both Bama and Florida are undefeated up to this point.:mad:

JasperDog94
11-16-2009, 08:25 PM
One thing missing in this conversation is the fact that whoever ends up in the mythical NC game, they will have had an entire month to prepare. I hate that teams get that much time off before playing again. Anything can happen (and often does) when teams have that much time off between games.

TheDOCTORdre
11-16-2009, 08:44 PM
I think the most interesting aspect of the game will be special teams, escpecially the UF punt team vs the UT punt return.

Chas Henry has allowed only 13 punt return yards this season, while Jordan Shipley has 303 punt return yards and 2 TDs this season. It should be an interesting matchup

NastySlot
11-16-2009, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
One thing missing in this conversation is the fact that whoever ends up in the mythical NC game, they will have had an entire month to prepare. I hate that teams get that much time off before playing again. Anything can happen (and often does) when teams have that much time off between games.

i mentioned this in a few other post.

Daddy D 11
11-16-2009, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94

That's why I've been saying all year that who ever gets Georgia Tech in a bowl game has a huge advantage. Look what LSU did to them last year after having a month to prepare. Wasn't it 35-3?

The reason GT is so successful is because in season teams only have 5-6 days to prepare for them. If you paid attention, Georgia Tech struggled in their first few games because their opponents had enough time in the off season to prepare for them every once in a while and it paid off.