PDA

View Full Version : Carthage v. Mexia

Emerson1
11-15-2009, 06:09 PM
Is Mexia any good? They are playing in Forney so I might have to go.

plpsftball
11-15-2009, 07:00 PM
there offense is very good. defense is very suspect

navscanmaster
11-15-2009, 07:01 PM
Carthage by 28.

trojan37
11-15-2009, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Is Mexia any good? They are playing in Forney so I might have to go.

No they aren't. They lost to West.:mad:

OldBison75
11-15-2009, 08:29 PM
Mexia is a very streaky team and if they are playing good, they are very good. But if they are sloppy, they are very sloppy. I know that thier offense can score really quickly when it is on and the defense can be exploited at times, but they have the ability to outscore some good teams.

This week, they will be up against one of the best in 3A and there will be no margin for error. I think that the Carthage Offense is too good for the Mexia defense and will light them up. Defensively, Carthage will be able to keep the big plays out of the Mexia offense and therefor keep them in check. Dont be surprised if Carthage wins by at least four touchdowns.

oldtownag
11-15-2009, 08:31 PM
Carthage by a bunch! See ya there.

lostaussie
11-15-2009, 08:38 PM
Carthage defense will shut them down...............dogs by a bunch!! after last years game against the buckeyes Carthage will definately not overlook mexia

blackcatfan
11-16-2009, 04:20 PM
Mexia is very good! This game has the potential to be the upset of the night! Mexia made some adjustments on defense this past week against Palestine and they worked well. I think this game will be well worth the trip!

Emerson1
11-16-2009, 04:27 PM
Hmmm maybe 3afan will take me

Bullaholic
11-16-2009, 04:32 PM
Don't know why, but I think Mexia may be one of those teams who could knock off a big boy like Carthage. I think we will know in the 1st Qtr.---if Carthage does what they want on both sides of the ball early---the upset ain't happening. If Carthage fools around and lets Mexia hang in this one---stay tuned folks.

lostaussie
11-16-2009, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by blackcatfan
Mexia is very good! This game has the potential to be the upset of the night! Mexia made some adjustments on defense this past week against Palestine and they worked well. I think this game will be well worth the trip! Carthage is not Palestine.............not even close. But good luck though!!!

blackcatfan
11-16-2009, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
Carthage is not Palestine.............not even close. But good luck though!!!

I agree wholeheartedly! I think it may very well become a shootout. The Palestine game, wasnt really as close as the score showed. Good luck to all involved, and like I said before, I can hardly wait!!!!!

HEMOTOXIC
11-16-2009, 04:51 PM
I'm glad that the games are played on the field. No one gave Needville (vs. Sealy) or Brookshire Royal (vs. Giddings) a chance in their respective playoff matches last week either. Although Needville came out on the short end, they still gave Sealy all they wanted and a heck of alot more.

With that said, anything can happen. Good luck to both teams!

3afan
11-16-2009, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Hmmm maybe 3afan will take me

and maybe not :D

lostaussie
11-16-2009, 07:38 PM
I agree wholeheartedly! I think it may very well become a shootout. The Palestine game, wasnt really as close as the score showed. Good luck to all involved, and like I said before, I can hardly wait!!!!! Carthage won't be in a shootout..........their defense is a beast. I don't see mexia scoring more than 14 at the most. probably not that many.............but like i said good luck...........because i love upsets, as long as it's not the buckeyes.

lulu
11-16-2009, 08:43 PM
Mexia is very good! This game has the potential to be the upset of the night! Mexia made some adjustments on defense this past week against Palestine and they worked well. I think this game will be well worth the trip!

It will be for Carthage....you guys should save your gas.:D

HEMOTOXIC
11-16-2009, 08:53 PM
Give me Carthage by a bunch....

Carthage 42
Mexia 14

N4SIR
11-16-2009, 10:22 PM
After watching Carthage play Jasper, they didn't impress me at all. I just don't see Carthage repeating as State Champions. They aren't anywhere close to the powerhouse they were last year. IMO they have been way overated all year long. If Mexia doesn't beat them this week they will lose out somehwere before the State Championship game, which is too bad because it would have been pretty cool to have the D1 and D2 3A State Champions coming from East Texas.

HEMOTOXIC
11-16-2009, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by N4SIR
After watching Carthage play Jasper, they didn't impress me at all. I just don't see Carthage repeating as State Champions. They aren't anywhere close to the powerhouse they were last year. IMO they have been way overated all year long. If Mexia doesn't beat them this week they will lose out somehwere before the State Championship game, which is too bad because it would have been pretty cool to have the D1 and D2 3A State Champions coming from East Texas.

They don't have to impress anyone. The final score is all that matters.

N4SIR
11-16-2009, 10:35 PM
Yes it is, and Carthage is going to come up on the short end of the stick at some point before the State Championsip game.

lulu
11-16-2009, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
They don't have to impress anyone. The final score is all that matters.

They did not have to impress to beat Jasper.:rolleyes:

HEMOTOXIC
11-16-2009, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by lulu
They did not have to impress to beat Jasper.:rolleyes:

;)

lvbears32
11-16-2009, 10:58 PM
Carthage is just too good. 56-10

lostaussie
11-17-2009, 06:27 AM
After watching Carthage play Jasper, they didn't impress me at all. I just don't see Carthage repeating as State Champions. They aren't anywhere close to the powerhouse they were last year. IMO they have been way overated all year long. If Mexia doesn't beat them this week they will lose out somehwere before the State Championship game, which is too bad because it would have been pretty cool to have the D1 and D2 3A State Champions coming from East Texas. i do agree Carthage offense not as strong this year..............but that defense is better..............good enough to get them another ring.

oldtownag
11-17-2009, 07:15 AM

What about only 2 yards total offense for Jasper in the 2nd half of that game didn't impress you? The Carthage offense has gotten stronger all year long. The QB has completed 100% of his passes in 2 of the last 3 games. Look out!

waterboy
11-17-2009, 08:41 AM
Carthage will win this game and it won't be close. Mexia can score with the best of them, but the difference is on defense. Carthage has a shut-down defense, Mexia doesn't. The Bulldogs will dominate the Blackcats and move on to round 3.

Global Swarming
11-17-2009, 09:01 AM
Someone will knock them out. Can you say Caldwell lol.

lostaussie
11-17-2009, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by Global Swarming
Someone will knock them out. Can you say Caldwell lol. uh..........no, no I can't!!

fumanchu
11-17-2009, 11:58 AM
Carthage 21
Mexia 27

or Carthage 42
Mexia 48 in OT.

the crystal ball is a little hazy.

waterboy
11-17-2009, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by fumanchu
the crystal ball is a little hazy.
;) It sure is.........:eek: Either that, or it's lying to ya!:D Mexia won't beat Carthage.......no way I see that happening.:p

Hornet Mom 2
11-17-2009, 12:44 PM
Someone will knock them out. Can you say Caldwell lol.

Love your prediction Global, but let's not get ahead of ourselves! We have to take care of Cleveland first, then worry about Carthage!

Global Swarming
11-17-2009, 12:59 PM
I hear you mom. Cleveland is going to be a very tough test for us that's for sure. I just have the feeling that we're going to get past the second round this year. If we don't do it this year, then I don't know if we ever will. This team is very special and I think that they have the ability to beat anyone. Whether they will is another question. Cleveland beat up pretty good on Bridge City last week. It might be another nail biter this Friday night. I just hope that we get a chance to play Carthage. It will let us know one way or the other where we're at.

lulu
11-17-2009, 02:27 PM
I hear you mom. Cleveland is going to be a very tough test for us that's for sure. I just have the feeling that we're going to get past the second round this year. If we don't do it this year, then I don't know if we ever will. This team is very special and I think that they have the ability to beat anyone. Whether they will is another question. Cleveland beat up pretty good on Bridge City last week. It might be another nail biter this Friday night. I just hope that we get a chance to play Carthage. It will let us know one way or the other where we're at.

I hope you get there. Not all of us get a special team every year so when we get one it's really great for them to get THE experience . Carthage has a great team and if you beat them or not......just the opportunity for the kids is great. Good Luck to your team.

blackcatfan
11-17-2009, 04:55 PM
Nothing personal, but we are hoping that nobody else gets the chance to play Carthage this year after Friday night!!!:D :D

lulu
11-17-2009, 05:03 PM
Nothing personal, but we are hoping that nobody else gets the chance to play Carthage this year after Friday night!!!:D :D Good luck with that.

waterboy
11-17-2009, 05:08 PM
Good luck with that.
You took the words right out of my mouth!:D

lulu
11-17-2009, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
You took the words right out of my mouth!:D

Great minds run in the same channels;)

waterboy
11-17-2009, 05:19 PM
Great minds run in the same channels;)
Amen to that!;)

Global Swarming
11-17-2009, 05:38 PM
Nothing personal, but we are hoping that nobody else gets the chance to play Carthage this year after Friday night!!!:D :D

I hope you're right blackcatfan. If you knock off Carthage and we beat Cleveland, we'll get to play alot closer to home.

blackcatfan
11-17-2009, 06:16 PM
I hope you're right blackcatfan. If you knock off Carthage and we beat Cleveland, we'll get to play alot closer to home.

You mean WHEN we knock off Carthage dont you?????

lulu
11-17-2009, 09:23 PM
You mean WHEN we knock off Carthage dont you????? You guys have been drinking from the bad vat of hooch.

I like your confidence or delirium (which ever it is) though.
:D

Daddy B 12
11-17-2009, 11:42 PM
Carthage wins this one, BIG.

Pawdaddy
11-18-2009, 12:10 AM
I have to agree with................everybody on this thread.

Yeah, Carthage has a very good defense. That nose tackle and his buddy at middle LB are enough to shut down a lot of running games by themselves. They are really that good. And they did that to Jasper. I witnessed that alongside N4SIR. It will take an offense that can throw better than what Jasper was able to do AND run the ball more effectively. Jasper did not have the speed they needed to run effectively and thereby open up the passing game a little more.

IF, a defense will take the Carthage TE out of the game (defensively, not physically), it looked as if that could knock out half of their passing game. The other Carthage receivers had opportunities but dropped many balls they should have caught. That TE might have dropped one he should have caught in that game.

If that little running back that Mexia had last year is still doing his thing in Mexia, he does have the speed to be effective running with any blocking at all. And if the QB for Mexia can throw at all, then they can match up with Carthage. Based on what Carthage showed me in that one game, they could have trouble this week.

lulu
11-18-2009, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by Pawdaddy
I have to agree with................everybody on this thread.

Yeah, Carthage has a very good defense. That nose tackle and his buddy at middle LB are enough to shut down a lot of running games by themselves. They are really that good. And they did that to Jasper. I witnessed that alongside N4SIR. It will take an offense that can throw better than what Jasper was able to do AND run the ball more effectively. Jasper did not have the speed they needed to run effectively and thereby open up the passing game a little more.

IF, a defense will take the Carthage TE out of the game (defensively, not physically), it looked as if that could knock out half of their passing game. The other Carthage receivers had opportunities but dropped many balls they should have caught. That TE might have dropped one he should have caught in that game.

If that little running back that Mexia had last year is still doing his thing in Mexia, he does have the speed to be effective running with any blocking at all. And if the QB for Mexia can throw at all, then they can match up with Carthage. Based on what Carthage showed me in that one game, they could have trouble this week.
I think Mexia will bring it hard but I know Carthage will step up in the crunch. Thats the kind of kids they are. They fight like hell when they need to.

blackcatfan
11-18-2009, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by Pawdaddy

The running back for Mexia was just a sophomore last year and yes he is back. He is bigger, stronger, and faster than last year. The QB can throw with the best of them and he has several recievers to go to. He is also fast and is the second leading rusher. (The QB is Trae Davis and he signed to pitch for Baylor last week! He can throw a ball 60 yards, accurately, in the air).

Now, I am not delusional, (nor have I been drinking from a "bad vat of hooch" :D ) , so I know it will take a big effort from our boys to upset Carthage. I just know that it is possible. Regardless of the outcome, I think the winner of this game will be hard to beat on down the road. Is it Friday yet!!!!??????

lulu
11-18-2009, 04:25 PM
The running back for Mexia was just a sophomore last year and yes he is back. He is bigger, stronger, and faster than last year. The QB can throw with the best of them and he has several recievers to go to. He is also fast and is the second leading rusher. (The QB is Trae Davis and he signed to pitch for Baylor last week! He can throw a ball 60 yards, accurately, in the air).

Now, I am not delusional, (nor have I been drinking from a "bad vat of hooch" :D ) , so I know it will take a big effort from our boys to upset Carthage. I just know that it is possible. Regardless of the outcome, I think the winner of this game will be hard to beat on down the road. Is it Friday yet!!!!??????

I wish it were Sat.. Good luck to you guys.