PDA

View Full Version : Texas player gets arrested

coach
11-15-2009, 02:19 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4657383

Old Tiger
11-15-2009, 02:21 PM
not that big of a loss...they'll put Goodwin/Ship/Williams combo back there.

forum_guy
11-15-2009, 02:22 PM
funny thing is i bet if this guy was from an SEC school or USC or something everyone would probably be talking about why do they recruit troublemakers

coach
11-15-2009, 02:26 PM
hell if it was a player from any school they would be bashing them. texas fans has this arrogance like they never do anything wrong when in reality i saw a stat the other day that their fans are some of the worse in college football

Global Swarming
11-15-2009, 02:27 PM
It's good to see the Longhorns are still recruiting good upstanding young men to make their university proud lol.

Old Tiger
11-15-2009, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by coach
hell if it was a player from any school they would be bashing them. texas fans has this arrogance like they never do anything wrong when in reality i saw a stat the other day that their fans are some of the worse in college football that is true they never do!

forum_guy if it was the SEC it'd just be brushed under the rug ;)

injuredinmelee
11-15-2009, 02:29 PM
how many other people were popped for dwi last night in hays county? lets talk about them too....

coach that was easily one of the stupidest comments i have ever read on this board. a stat? how would someone come up with numbers on that topic to create stats? keep cheering on your ags buddy.

trojandad
11-15-2009, 02:32 PM
hell if it was a player from any school they would be bashing them. texas fans has this arrogance like they never do anything wrong when in reality i saw a stat the other day that their fans are some of the worse in college football

ok, i'm not trying to stir the pot, and i'm not a ut alum, but i have to ask, what kind of statistic would show them to be among the worst fans in college football ?? just curious, have no idea how someone would measure that.....i took statistics in college and that one is over my head......lol

LHexPlayer
11-15-2009, 02:33 PM

I would like to hear this "stat" you speak of. Please show how Texas has some of the worst fans in college football based on a stat.

Gobbla2001
11-15-2009, 02:33 PM
texas players like to drink and drive, eh?

I'm a UT fan so I'm not making a joke. But I seriously wonder, since this has happened so much, if they've tried teaching their players not to participate in those roadside gymnastics and breath tests... because without any evidence at all, where's the evidence you were drunk (unless you're obviously drunk from the video)

and before some of you get on your high horses about this "horrible kid" and how he should be locked up for life, #1 think back on the time you drove drunk because I'm sure a lot of you who want to slam this kid have... and #2 remember why you're not suposed to drive drunk: your reactions are slowed, your vision is impared and your decision making is hindered... I find it disturbing how many people call DWI'rs scum of the earth while USING the decision making arguement...

this all comes from a guy who lost his only sister to an accident involving a drunk driver... the dude is forgiven, the dude isn't scum, the guy didn't think before he drank...

coach
11-15-2009, 02:36 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/otl/news/story?id=4603176

injuredinmelee
11-15-2009, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by LHexPlayer
I would like to hear this "stat" you speak of. Please show how Texas has some of the worst fans in college football based on a stat.

its just more penis envy rearing its ugly head from the ag faithful.

trojandad
11-15-2009, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001

I'm a UT fan so I'm not making a joke. But I seriously wonder, since this has happened so much, if they've tried teaching their players not to participate in those roadside gymnastics and breath tests... because without any evidence at all, where's the evidence you were drunk (unless you're obviously drunk from the video)

and before some of you get on your high horses about this "horrible kid" and how he should be locked up for life, #1 think back on the time you drove drunk because I'm sure a lot of you who want to slam this kid have... and #2 remember why you're not suposed to drive drunk: your reactions are slowed, your vision is impared and your decision making is hindered... I find it disturbing how many people call DWI'rs scum of the earth while USING the decision making arguement...

this all comes from a guy who lost his only sister to an accident involving a drunk driver... the dude is forgiven, the dude isn't scum, the guy didn't think before he drank...

you just spoke volumes to your character.....

coach
11-15-2009, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee

injured im honestly not trying to bash you guys. unlike a lot of rival fans i actually respect the hell outta texsa. i love what mack is doing and i dont blame him for the texas' arrest. I speak what i believe and just like i said earlier alot of texas fans on this board act like they never screw up so thats why i threw that stat out there just to see everyones reaction and i knew it was goiing to be like this lol

coach
11-15-2009, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
that is true they never do!

forum_guy if it was the SEC it'd just be brushed under the rug ;)

just like the 3 guys from tennessee that got arressted this week was swept under the rug

coach
11-15-2009, 02:43 PM

i can see where you are coming from but nobody called the kid scum...he mad a mistake and he will pay for it and its a done deal

Gobbla2001
11-15-2009, 02:44 PM
just like the 3 guys from tennessee that got arressted this week was swept under the rug

you can't sweep armed-robbery under the rug, the fact that it was with a pellet gun makes it even harder to sweep under a rug because it then becomes hilarious...

and armed robbery and DWI are no where on the same level... you're comparing apples to cannon-balls or something, it's stupid...

Gobbla2001
11-15-2009, 02:47 PM
i can see where you are coming from but nobody called the kid scum...

never said anyone did... I said "before" some call him scum... a lot of people like to get on here and act like people who got DWIs committed murder or something... it just disturbs me...

coach
11-15-2009, 02:47 PM
you can't sweep armed-robbery under the rug, the fact that it was with a pellet gun makes it even harder to sweep under a rug because it then becomes hilarious...

and armed robbery and DWI are no where on the same level... you're comparing apples to cannon-balls or something, it's stupid...

o i agree that the levels of breaking the law are completely incomparable i was just trying to prove my point that caseys statement was a dumb one and that if this was a guy from an sec that it would still have been reported

coach
11-15-2009, 02:48 PM
never said anyone did... I said "before" some call him scum... a lot of people like to get on here and act like people who got DWIs committed murder or something... it just disturbs me...

yeah you are right...not to mention that some of the ppl complaining are 1 yr old kids and they just got plastered the night before lol

Gobbla2001
11-15-2009, 02:49 PM
o i agree that the levels of breaking the law are completely incomparable i was just trying to prove my point that caseys statement was a dumb one and that if this was a guy from an sec that it would still have been reported

oh yah, it would have been reported... we just wouldn't have talked about it as much in Texas... unless it was January and it involved the SEC team UT was playing in the Nat'l C'ship...

coach
11-15-2009, 02:51 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/otl/news/story?id=4603176

here is a better article
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/otl/news/story?id=4605081

trojandad
11-15-2009, 02:54 PM

your fine with this, you just said "stat" when you probably should have used a word like "news story" or "blog"....i'm not debating texas fans, you just lost me on the "stat" word....

we all get these problems, the other day we were at an a&m girls soccer game and took my 8 yr old daughter, a bad call happened to the aggie player and an aggie behind us started dropping "f" bombs....i turned around and looked at him and he started bowing up and yelling "what?!?!?".....well i got up to go back and explain "what?!?!?" to him and my daughter grabbed my arm and said "don't go, daddy, he doesn't obey the honor code or he wouldn't be yelling that"......everyone around him started applauding about what my daughter said and he didn't peep another word....

the people around him were the aggie fans, not the drunk steroid guy who almost got to go home and tell his mom how he got his butt whipped by an old man.....same goes with texas, there are too many good ones to waste time and words (or news stories) on the few nubs....

coach
11-15-2009, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by trojandad
your fine with this, you just said "stat" when you probably should have used a word like "news story" or "blog"....i'm not debating texas fans, you just lost me on the "stat" word....

we all get these problems, the other day we were at an a&m girls soccer game and took my 8 yr old daughter, a bad call happened to the aggie player and an aggie behind us started dropping "f" bombs....i turned around and looked at him and he started bowing up and yelling "what?!?!?".....well i got up to go back and explain "what?!?!?" to him and my daughter grabbed my arm and said "don't go, daddy, he doesn't obey the honor code or he wouldn't be yelling that"......everyone around him started applauding about what my daughter said and he didn't peep another word....

ok i shouldnt have used the term stat. and honestly i was completely shockedd when i saw that texas had one of the most arrest and i laughed when you said you wanted to go explain what!!!!??!?!?! to him
the people around him were the aggie fans, not the drunk steroid guy who almost got to go home and tell his mom how he got his butt whipped by an old man.....same goes with texas, there are too many good ones to waste time and words (or news stories) on the few nubs....

trojandad
11-15-2009, 03:07 PM

i didn't "want" to explain myself to him, i was "in the process of" stopping those words from going into my daughters ears, it was ON as far as i was concerned....my daughter is always the smart one between us two.....:inlove: ....maybe i'm a bad fan, too, but i'm a good dad....

ivchris
11-15-2009, 03:09 PM

I didn't see anything in either article that said all 63 arrests were Texas fans. It just says there were that many arrests. Maybe some of those were from the opposition? Maybe the tolerance for BS is lower at UT? Not enough there to me to make the conclusion that Texas has some of the worst fans in college football.

Proud Texas fan

coach
11-15-2009, 03:13 PM
i didn't "want" to explain myself to him, i was "in the process of" stopping those words from going into my daughters ears, it was ON as far as i was concerned....my daughter is always the smart one between us two.....:inlove: ....maybe i'm a bad fan, too, but i'm a good dad....
in the long run you made the right choice...that guy is lucky you brought your daughter instead of one of your buddies

trojandad
11-15-2009, 03:19 PM
in the long run you made the right choice...that guy is lucky you brought your daughter instead of one of your buddies

:iagree:

Gobbla2001
11-15-2009, 03:40 PM
about that Outside the Lines study on stadium nastiness:

Austin is a bigger city... big cities are not known for tolerance... they are known for bigger government, which creates arresting situations (not a political statement, a fact)

Anyway, I think the study was kinda lame, though... just like their stupid stats they give during the game about "only 6'3 QB to ever complete 30 passes in a game while his mom worked at a grocery store west of the mississippi river"

The study only gives a few examples and does not claim those examples to be the worst...

Another example of ESPN putting out crap stories just to put something out there...

bwdaggie
11-15-2009, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee

did he mention anywhere in that post that he was an aggie??? don't put that generalization on all ags...

DDBooger
11-15-2009, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by bwdaggie
did he mention anywhere in that post that he was an aggie???

I have been a fan since the 1st grade. I try and go to a game every year and just like every true fan i am very loyal and think the have a shot at beating every team they play even though in reality they dont.

This year however i am very very dissapointed in my aggies.

no but he is an aggie.

never the less, I imagine UT's crap gets old to A&M fans. I don't fault them.

trojandad
11-15-2009, 03:44 PM
Austin is a bigger city... big cities are not known for tolerance... they are known for bigger government, which creates arresting situations (not a political statement, a fact)

Anyway, I think the study was kinda lame, though... just like their stupid stats they give during the game about "only 6'3 QB to ever complete 30 passes in a game while his mom worked at a grocery store west of the mississippi river"

The study only gives a few examples and does not claim those examples to be the worst...

Another example of ESPN putting out crap stories just to put something out there...

i'm telling you, as i posted elsewhere weeks ago, ut cost espn TONS of money by beating usc in the nat'l championship game....they are bound and determined to get a pound of flesh for that upset.....its almost hilarious to watch.....

Gobbla2001
11-15-2009, 03:48 PM
i'm telling you, as i posted elsewhere weeks ago, ut cost espn TONS of money by beating usc in the nat'l championship game....they are bound and determined to get a pound of flesh for that upset.....its almost hilarious to watch.....

well I dunno about that, but that's an interesting thought...

but anyway, on that article... it is an interesting thing to study, and I'd be curious to know more IF it is a full study and the study is shown... that story was about 2% done and they put it out there... stupid

Z-RO
11-15-2009, 03:59 PM
He is a 20 year old college kid, stuff happens. Granted it was really bone headed of him, but I expect the standard 3 game suspension.

trojandad
11-15-2009, 04:13 PM
for those that didn't know, espn had a series of programming already produced with comparison shows with usc vs all the great teams from the past leading up to their declaration in the end that usc was the greatest college team of all time....they had the mnf announcers doing phony voice overs for imaginary games between usc and the teams from the past, plus a series of individual shows interviewing every last starter with hometown background, with each player getting their own 30 min show....

they had over 120 hours of television produced prior to the game which all burned up to nothing when vince scrambled right side for the last score......multiply that by their $25,000/min advertising in prime time and WOW !!! yea, it was such a hit that they mentioned it as a recorded expense over and above the normal expenses at disney's next year's stockholders meeting, which included a very small time coldspring investor in the audience.....it was startling to say the VERY least.......

PhiI C
11-15-2009, 05:23 PM
I give this thread till about 6 tonight before it gets closed. :)

squid
11-15-2009, 05:52 PM
see if this helps....

http://www.utexasclan.com/photos/displayimage.php?album=8&pos=39

trojandad
11-15-2009, 06:17 PM
lord have mercy.......how can anybody make these lists and still have time to pass classes?!? i must have been the all time dumbest student, i needed every hour to pass every class.....

WildTexan972
11-15-2009, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by Z-RO
He is a 20 year old college kid, stuff happens. Granted it was really bone headed of him, but I expect the standard 3 game suspension.

no one that ever follows the cows expects any 3 game suspension....Mack handles it internally by makin the boys write part of a sentence, then missing the 1st 2-3 plays of the game....that will teach em a lesson

Gobbla2001
11-15-2009, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by WildTexan972
no one that ever follows the cows expects any 3 game suspension....Mack handles it internally by makin the boys write part of a sentence, then missing the 1st 2-3 plays of the game....that will teach em a lesson

no, two yrs probabtion and a $2k fine is where his lesson will be learned...

CueroDad08
11-15-2009, 06:37 PM

A TRUE AGGIE having a bad year.

Eagle 1
11-15-2009, 08:46 PM
Wow, I have to commend UT.
How many weeks into the season and this is their first arrest of the year?
Thats a pretty good streak for them. :clap:

navscanmaster
11-15-2009, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by CueroDad08
A TRUE AGGIE having a bad year.

Yeah thanks for that generalization. Every team has its fans that say dumb stuff on message boards. A TRUE AGGIE will defend but not incite. Just like a TRUE LONGHORN would. No TRUE FAN of any team will let their actions and words hurt the school's perception. Besides, this is a stupid article to post if you are a true Aggie fan. Remember our armed robbers, one from right there in Bryan a few years ago? I don't care if it is Longhorn, Aggie, Vol, whatever, a criminal is a criminal. Don't downplay DWI by saying that it is not a serious offense. Had he killed or injured somebody behind the wheel, the outcome would have been a lot worse then shaken nerves, missing money, and a confiscated air pistol. Yes, when I was high school age, I drank and drove. I am not a hypocrite though, because I realized that I was wrong and vowed to never do it again. At the same time, I will not judge the young man, nor will I scream for justice. He should get his day in court, receive a fair trial, be found guilty or not guilty, and receive/not need his punishment, and move on with his life. He should not be treated any worse or any better than somebody else with the same charge.

P.S. I hope that I am not the only one that thinks this way. If so, maybe I have been being way too nice to keep up in this world.:(

bwdaggie
11-15-2009, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
Yeah thanks for that generalization. Every team has its fans that say dumb stuff on message boards. A TRUE AGGIE will defend but not incite. Just like a TRUE LONGHORN would. No TRUE FAN of any team will let their actions and words hurt the school's perception. Besides, this is a stupid article to post if you are a true Aggie fan. Remember our armed robbers, one from right there in Bryan a few years ago? I don't care if it is Longhorn, Aggie, Vol, whatever, a criminal is a criminal. Don't downplay DWI by saying that it is not a serious offense. Had he killed or injured somebody behind the wheel, the outcome would have been a lot worse then shaken nerves, missing money, and a confiscated air pistol. Yes, when I was high school age, I drank and drove. I am not a hypocrite though, because I realized that I was wrong and vowed to never do it again. At the same time, I will not judge the young man, nor will I scream for justice. He should get his day in court, receive a fair trial, be found guilty or not guilty, and receive/not need his punishment, and move on with his life. He should not be treated any worse or any better than somebody else with the same charge.

P.S. I hope that I am not the only one that thinks this way. If so, maybe I have been being way too nice to keep up in this world.:(

:iagree: :iagree:
oh & BTW...stop judging all us ags based on one poster!!! please :)

TheDOCTORdre
11-15-2009, 09:31 PM
if this thread gets closed, let it be known i was here:D

squid
11-15-2009, 09:32 PM
texas fans has this arrogance like they never do anything wrong when in reality i saw a stat the other day that their fans are some of the worse in college football

really? I saw a stat the other day that said 99% of the people that post stats on the internet are posting 100% bs, 98% of the time.

trojandad
11-15-2009, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by squid
really? I saw a stat the other day that said 99% of the people that post stats on the internet are posting 100% bs, 98% of the time.

too funny, squid......

navscanmaster
11-15-2009, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
if this thread gets closed, let it be known i was here:D

Of course! That almost goes without saying though, now.:D

mwynn05
11-15-2009, 09:41 PM
hell if it was a player from any school they would be bashing them. texas fans has this arrogance like they never do anything wrong when in reality i saw a stat the other day that their fans are some of the worse in college football hey quit confusing texas fans with rednecks who put on a texas shirt and root for them "because they are good"

navscanmaster
11-15-2009, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by mwynn05
hey quit confusing texas fans with rednecks who put on a texas shirt and root for them "because they are good"

Exactly. I knew a lot of Aggie fans when I was in high school, especially when they beat K-State for the Big 12 championship in 98. I see some of those same guys with Burnt Orange shirts, caps, and jackets running around town.
But dang it, if there is one thing that confuses the crap out of me, it is this: Just how many freaking LSU fans are there in this country? I can't go a day without seeing somebody in yellow and purple.

Spread It Out
11-15-2009, 10:34 PM
When s66 closes this one, let it be known i was here as well!:cool:

navscanmaster
11-16-2009, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by Spread It Out
When s66 closes this one, let it be known i was here as well!:cool:

noted.

IHStangFan
11-16-2009, 01:11 AM
IBTL!!! :D

themsu97
11-16-2009, 09:48 AM
you people are pretty pathetic...

a young man made a mistake,,,

leave it at that...

BreckTxLonghorn
11-16-2009, 10:51 AM
Suspended indefinitely until all court procedures are done.

http://insidetexas.com/news/story.php?article=1664

My opinion: Suspend him for the rest of the season from games. He's allowed to practice. No one is bigger than the team, and this year of all years the Horns don't need a distraction or a reason for anyone to say , "yeah, but....". Practice squad keeps him as part of the team and makes him do the work with none of the glory. If DJ is willing to be the Jerrod Johnson, the Mark Ingraham, the Emmanuel Moody, etc for the starting defense, then he would have been an invaluable piece to the team down the stretch and without having to take the field. What's more, he'll know how one decision can take away someone's chance at history.

pancho villa
11-16-2009, 11:19 AM
I think the kid made a mistake but it does not make him a bad person. Just a foolish one!

pancho villa
11-16-2009, 11:26 AM
I have a UT, aTm story for ya'll. My son always wanted to attend UT.
However in the summer of his Jr. year he attended Boys State at UT. After going to boys state at UT, he came home, and said I don't want to go to UT anymore there are to many freaks there! So he went to aTm instead and loves it there. Just thought I would share that with ya'll!