PDA

View Full Version : I wonder what the penalty-rate is on KO returns

Gobbla2001
11-15-2009, 02:18 PM
Seems that in every game on every level there are at least two penalties on the return team for either holding or blocking in the back... and I'd argue half of those blocks in the backs are not blocks in the back... seems like a tough penalty to see for the refs...

just a random sports thought

maroogreen
11-15-2009, 02:30 PM
Random, but interesting. My DH and I were having that same discussion a few weeks ago during a college game.

Gobbla2001
11-15-2009, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by maroogreen
Random, but interesting. My DH and I were having that same discussion a few weeks ago during a college game.

yah, funny thing is I posted this after seeing one ko-return penalty in the game I'm watching... about 5 minutes after posting it there was another one to make it the "two penalties" I speak of...

TexMike
11-15-2009, 02:55 PM
Blocks in the back are one of the more frequent incorrect calls. Not saying that most such calls are in error, just saying if you look at all the calls that are later deemed to be incorrect, blocks in the back will predominate that list. Players are moving at the fastest they move in the game and are coming from many different angles while players and refs are spread all over the field. Recipe for error.

Gobbla2001
11-15-2009, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by TexMike
Blocks in the back are one of the more frequent incorrect calls. Not saying that most such calls are in error, just saying if you look at all the calls that are later deemed to be incorrect, blocks in the back will predominate that list. Playwers are moving at the fastest they move in the game and are coming from many different angles while players and refs are spread all over the field. Recipe for error

Was hoping one of our refs have input... I totally agree that it's very easy to get incorrect... but I guess it's a necessary evil type of deal maybe

BobcatBenny
11-15-2009, 04:37 PM
I just checked ... and it is an amazing 39.2%.