PDA

View Full Version : My thoughts on Texas A&M football

coach
11-15-2009, 02:18 PM
I have been a fan since the 1st grade. I try and go to a game every year and just like every true fan i am very loyal and think the have a shot at beating every team they play even though in reality they dont.

This year however i am very very dissapointed in my aggies. Arkansas, Kansas State, and now Oklahoma. What do they all have in common other than the fact they were blow outs?

The aggies showed they can play with those teams down for down until two or three things dont go their way and then they fall apart and give up.

Last night there were a few calls that didnt go their way but that happens to everyone. Then they started getting sloppy with the football and they folded from there. They gave up just like they did in their previous two blowouts.

In all my years of watching aggie football they may not have been the most talented but they were always known for their grit and i dont see that this year. I see a bunch of young very talented guys that has no heart when facing adversity. i am embarressed to say this but i am to the point where i dont want to watch them play anymore.

I hope they can turn it around and start playing football like real aggies. Other than that im pretty content.

Old Tiger
11-15-2009, 02:20 PM
Words can't epxress my thoughts so...

http://secure.condomania.com/images/L-KY_1_dt.jpg

injuredinmelee
11-15-2009, 02:34 PM
it is a coaching and recruiting issue. Coach cant get the kids ready to play and cant recruit kids good enough to get past the lack of coaching. Also easily one of the slowest teams in college football.

Old Tiger
11-15-2009, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
it is a coaching and recruiting issue. Coach cant get the kids ready to play and cant recruit kids good enough to get past the lack of coaching. Also easily one of the slowest teams in college football. They're all diamonds in the rough kinda kids...Sherman will have them back on top in 2 years max!

coach
11-15-2009, 02:45 PM
it is a coaching and recruiting issue. Coach cant get the kids ready to play and cant recruit kids good enough to get past the lack of coaching. Also easily one of the slowest teams in college football.

you might be right but im talking about how they seem to quit when they get down one or 2 scores

Yoe_09
11-15-2009, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by coach
you might be right but im talking about how they seem to quit when they get down one or 2 scores

It dosent matter if we have 11 All American players on the field or not.... we have to go out there and not fold after 1 bad thing happens to you.

ivchris
11-15-2009, 03:14 PM
Aggies have sucked since they canned R.C. Slocum. They did the man wrong so I hope the Aggies are winless from here on out.

ssgmp5150
11-15-2009, 03:17 PM
They definately screwed R.C. didn't they! He was a very good coach! The Aggies have not been the same since!

statewide
11-15-2009, 04:02 PM
Worst thing I see is when they get down by 14 or so, they quit playing, happened twice so far this season.

Emerson1
11-15-2009, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by coach
I see a bunch of young very talented guys that has no heart when facing adversity. i am embarressed to say this but i am to the point where i dont want to watch them play anymore.
I am anxiously awaiting BBDE's response

navscanmaster
11-15-2009, 06:43 PM
They need some fire from their coaches, that is for sure. They don't need to be giving up as players, but they definitely could use some help from their coaches. You look at A&M's sideline and you see a lot of old guys with their arms crossed and a blank expression on their faces. How about a young energetic hire like Muschamp was for Texas? Do we really have to go and hire veterans and decades of experience for the HC and coordinator positions? BBDE, I know you love these guys and I am sorry if it feels like we are attacking them, which I am not, but if the powers that be decide it is time for new blood, I and many others would like to see some young, fired up talent running up and down the sideline identifying with their players more than somebody that is like a grandfather to them.

Old Dog
11-15-2009, 11:34 PM
navscanmaster, you are so right about the coaches. You can get by with an older head coach, but he MUST have some dynamic young assistants that can relate to the players.

To me, there is absolutely no excuse why the Ags cannot have a contending team most every year. There is enough good talent that leaves the state each year to give UT a run every game.

Sherman acts like a pro coach, expecting the players to modivate themselves. 17-22 years olds can't do that on their own every week!

IHStangFan
11-15-2009, 11:36 PM
it is a coaching and recruiting issue. Coach cant get the kids ready to play and cant recruit kids good enough to get past the lack of coaching. Also easily one of the slowest teams in college football. partly right......since...Sherman is JUST NOW in his 2nd year and JUST NOW getting his own recruits in there. Last I heard (Tech game) A&M had 18 true freshmen that had gotten playing time. That's astounding.

Give him and the young men time to mature, learn the system and get another year or two of experience under their belts. I'm not sure where the "lack of quality recruits" argument comes from....this was the best recruiting class A&M has had in AGES.

Give them time.