PDA

View Full Version : my wo-s tribute....

trojandad
11-15-2009, 01:30 PM
ok, i understand this may sound like a little much to some, but here's the background to this....

we're ahead of wo-s in the 4th and they have all the momentum, we couldn't score AGAIN and got a big break when a punt went out of bounds at the 1 yd line, pinning them way back....here we are breathing relief for the first time in the second half and, low and behold, they throw a 99 yd td pass the very next play to take the lead....

everyone on our side knew, from memories of the past two years the worst was coming, that this was the beginning of the end....one of my buds standing with me looked at me and asked "why are you smiling?", i didn't even know i was, i had no reason to, i'd experienced this hurt for two, and what looked like three, years.....

so i asked myself why and thought about it....turns out my mind was on (i know, this gets stupid) the 75 world series game (the one fisk hits the winning homer on, waving the ball fair, everyone knows it)....the story goes that at the end of the game pete rose came to bat, turned to fisk who was catching, and said "isn't this the greatest game you've ever seen?", even though his team had not yet retaken the lead....it was such a great game that who won ALMOST didn't matter....

well here i was, the other team just took the lead, we're throwing a 500 yd game at wo-s and they're taking the best shot we have with a go ahead td in the 4th.....this now became a game where both teams are really showing true effort and manhood, and at that point i quit watching the scoreboard and just watched the game.......and i'm no professional lip reader but even while the receiver is still running this 99 yarder i saw our qb pick up his helmet and turn to a teammate and say "what a great game".....i think he was feeling the pete rose feeling, too, if not him specifically.....

i've been on a cloud since but, after that effort, i just think it's awful wo-s is sitting anywhere, they deserved better with THAT effort, so over breakfast this morning i told a group of friends i've decided to take wo-s with me to the next game and, God willing, from there on....

i need to know where i can get a wo-s cap....

i haven't decided whether to wear the cap alone or take the emblem and put it on my trojan hat in some manner but either way, that effort, that drive, that moxie deserves to go with us in some way, leaving all that behind and not "channelling" it with us would just not be right.....so, if anyone can tell me how to get a cap during this next week (hopefully without driving to orange, lol), i'd be grateful.....

also, i'd consider it a privilege to have you guys go with us on the rest of this trip....if we've gotten any sharper as a sword its because we've been sharpened by a really tough wo-s rock....i'm thinking maybe wings before the game for the 3adl mustang supporters that would join us would make a good picture for the following week.....

so there's my story and i'm sticking with it.......that was a football game !!!

Global Swarming
11-15-2009, 02:20 PM
Classy post Trojan Dad. Alot of people would have gotten on here and been arrogant and said we were the better team and all that garbage that goes on with some of the people on this site.

pirate4state
11-15-2009, 02:34 PM
:clap: very nice post.

ProudHornetMom
11-15-2009, 02:57 PM
I'm telling you, I'm always impressed with Trojandad's posts. What an example for us all.

WOS1
11-15-2009, 08:12 PM
Very nice post Trojandad. Thanks for the continued kind words. PM me your address, I just may have something laying around here you might want.;) :D

Also, if you don't mind, I'm going to post what you said over on the WO-S website.

OldBison75
11-15-2009, 08:35 PM
Trojandad is one of the most humble and respectful posters on this board and even though he supports his team, he never criticizes the other team, coaches, or players. If he said it, he meant it with his heart.

WOS87
11-15-2009, 09:15 PM
:inlove:

I may just have to make an appearance in Conroe this Friday night wearing my WOS87 jersey.

http://idisk.mac.com/cboehme69-Public/stats/wos87front.gif

http://idisk.mac.com/cboehme69-Public/stats/wos87back.gif

trojandad
11-15-2009, 09:22 PM
i appreciate you putting up with me being sappy sometimes, the kind words are much appreciated from you guys but the players set up a great piece of canvas to work with, couldn't happen without two great teams, not just one (have you noticed that not one wo-s backer on here has said their teams effort was minimal, they fought like mad men, was truly an effort they were proud of, win or lose)....davinci said about the mona lisa that he was the artist, God did the beauty.....in 3 weeks nobody is gonna remember wo-s and thats really ashamed....they made the game what it was as much as coldspring and i sure feel for those kids.....i'm really gonna effort to get the game tape and post it in some way.....

wos1, id hate to take your cap, would rather owe you than beat you out of it...lol....i'd be happy to pay for one, for sure......please post anything of mine you would like anytime, anything to get your group following us on friday nights....

wimbo_pro
11-15-2009, 09:24 PM
I still measure Wimberley's greatest victory to be against WOS in the state semi-finals...even bigger than the Gainesville victory a week later for the title. You measure yourself by the power and prestige of the opponents you were lucky enough to defeat. Using this measuring standard, anyone who beats WOS in the play-offs has really accomplished something, at least in my view.

trojandad
11-15-2009, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by WOS87
:inlove:

I may just have to make an appearance in Conroe this Friday night wearing my WOS87 jersey.

http://idisk.mac.com/cboehme69-Public/stats/wos87front.gif

http://idisk.mac.com/cboehme69-Public/stats/wos87back.gif

too cool.....you got me thinking, maybe a jersey along with my trojan cap....:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

wos87, if you'd like to come, you'd be as welcome as the flowers in may.....there's pixie dust floating around this year....:cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl:

trojandad
11-15-2009, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
I still measure Wimberley's greatest victory to be against WOS in the state semi-finals...even bigger than the Gainesville victory a week later for the title. You measure yourself by the power and prestige of the opponents you were lucky enough to defeat. Using this measuring standard, anyone who beats WOS in the play-offs has really accomplished something, at least in my view.

couldn't, and haven't, said it better.......

navscanmaster
11-15-2009, 09:29 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: