PDA

View Full Version : What's Wrong With USC?

Bullaholic
11-15-2009, 12:17 PM
Now I admit that I am the first to grin when USC loses, but seriously, losing 55-21 to a very good Stanford team after getting blown out by Oregon?

I think the players at USC realize that their shot at a NC has gone bye-bye and they are all thinking about big NFL money contracts and have given up on college. Somebody coax PPHSFan out of hiding and get him to throw some light on this. :D

LH Panther Mom
11-15-2009, 12:23 PM
What's wrong with them? They're in Southern California and in need of rain. Duh! :p

BRfalconfan
11-15-2009, 12:28 PM
Other then them being overrated not to much

Gobbla2001
11-15-2009, 12:34 PM
I've always been for the arguement that after teams are out of the Nat'l Championship picture they kinda shut it down... but I don't think that's USC's full problem this year... USC just isn't a good defensive club this year... I mean look at the talent they lost at LB from last year, all 3 are starting in the NoFunLeague as rookies (and one will most-likely be a rookie of the year and probably make the pro-bowl :D)

Another thing I will point out is that the Pac-10 is a tougher confrence this year than most people give it credit for... No, the teams aren't on par with FL or Bama, and no this isn't the SEC (why do I always spell SEX when trying to spell SEC?) but they could compete just as well against Souf Curr-line-uh etc...

Anway, moving on... Oregon beat USC and Oregon is a damn good team... but then Oregon gets beat by Stanford, who's supposed to be a bottom-dweller along with WSU and Washington... You think "Uh Oh, Oregon fell to sleep"... but now that they kicked SoCal's ass you start to wonder "You know, maybe Stanford is a good team right now"...

What gets me is THE Overrated State University just clinched a BCS bowl bid yesterday...

trojandad
11-15-2009, 12:50 PM
i have a cousin's son who is a scholarship football player there (1st year) and a point he made to me is they have kept it under wraps about how many really top recruits that have chosen to go elsewhere because they don't want to be at the school when sanctions kick in over the reggie bush thing.....word is it'll be loss of championships, bush returning his heisman, etc, just BAD news....

he also said not many of the players don't believe that the freshman qb is even in the top 3 qbs they have on the team, but coach carroll just seems to be enthralled by him....sounds like it's creating a little turmoil....remember, a couple of years ago coach carroll coaxed that all world qb from arkansas away from there after one year at arkansas and now he's not even holding a clipboard....lots of "stuff" going on that i think coach carroll thought would handle itself with just winning national championships....

staying where they were just requires such a razor's edge of precision in work ethic, team work, attitude, personnel that any issue out of line shows, and several items out of line shows BIG time........like 55-21.....

Hornet Mom 2
11-15-2009, 01:36 PM
IMO, USC has been over-rated for the last few years. The commentators kept saying "they are the best one-loss team in the country..." Then, oh they lost two, now what?? The best three-loss team in the country?? Over-rated...that's what is wrong with them.