PDA

View Full Version : Region II Area GotW: Lucas Lovejoy (10-1) vs. Texarkana Liberty-Eylau (7-4)

charlesrixey
11-15-2009, 12:01 PM
Lovejoy dominated 9-1 Wills Point last week (who was picked to win the region by more than one published prognosticator) before giving up a few td's late in the game to make it look closer than it was.

Liberty-Eylau got a bye week and will now face an unknown quantity in Lovejoy--good thing they played a darn tough schedule, which should make them quite ready.

:

ssgmp5150
11-15-2009, 01:10 PM
I think Lovejoy is on a roll right now. LJ's lineman are big, but a little slow. However, Michael Means is busting loose and Blake Martin is back and reported to be 100%! LE's speed may get the best of LJ' lineman, but at the skill positions, LJ is as fast as any other team for the most part. Not sure who to pick, but I think LJ has the best opportunity to get a win from District 13AAA this week! Staying loyal to 13-AAA here and picking LJ 38 LE 21.

LE Dad
11-15-2009, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
Liberty-Eylau got a bye week and will now face an unknown quantity in Lovejoy--good thing they played a darn tough schedule, which should make them quite ready.

: Ready LE will be. Several coaches, players, and fans from LE were on hand Friday night to get a sneak peek at the "other Leopards". I think LE is more unknown to them. Their fans thought our players were from the "inner city" lol. LE has the things that there will be no preparing for size, speed,depth, and experience. This game being in Hallsville should be an advantage for us also. :clap: :clap:

LE Dad
11-15-2009, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by ssgmp5150
Michael Means is busting loose and Blake Martin is back and reported to be 100%! LE's speed may get the best of LJ' lineman, but at the skill positions, LJ is as fast as any other team for the most part. Lovejoy does have a good offense, but they will have to be able to run the ball. As far as speed, they will be the slowest team we have played except, possibly North Lamar. If Lovejoy can control our run then it will be a game, if not it will be over quickly. :D

ronwx5x
11-15-2009, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
Ready LE will be. Several coaches, players, and fans from LE were on hand Friday night to get a sneak peek at the "other Leopards". I think LE is more unknown to them. Their fans thought our players were from the "inner city" lol. LE has the things that there will be no preparing for size, speed,depth, and experience. This game being in Hallsville should be an advantage for us also. :clap: :clap:

You mean that size, speed, depth, and experience that Mt. Pleasant, Gilmer, Nashville AR, and Pittsburg couldn't prepare for?:devil:

LE Dad
11-15-2009, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
You mean that size, speed, depth, and experience that Mt. Pleasant, Gilmer, Nashville AR, and Pittsburg couldn't prepare for?:devil: Exactly :clap: :clap:

Are you comparing Lovejoy to Gilmer, Nashville or Pittsburg :confused: :confused:

WOW :doh:

Charlie47
11-15-2009, 04:39 PM
Hey LE Dad,
Maybe, just maybe you'll be makin' any comparisons necessary.
It seems like you fellas seem to think we might as well stay home,
that L-E has this thing all wrapped up, seeing as how you have
all this speed.

You know a few years ago, people were saying another team had no speed. That lasted until the kickoff, a little bity guy named Shipley ran by them like they were in reverse. If it's OK with you,
we'll probably show up anyway, just for the heck of it.:thinking: :eek: ;)

LE Dad
11-15-2009, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by Charlie47
Hey LE Dad,
Maybe, just maybe you'll be makin' any comparisons necessary.
It seems like you fellas seem to think we might as well stay home,
that L-E has this thing all wrapped up, seeing as how you have
all this speed.

You know a few years ago, people were saying another team had no speed. That lasted until the kickoff, a little bity guy named Shipley ran by them like they were in reverse. If it's OK with you,
we'll probably show up anyway, just for the heck of it.:thinking: :eek: ;) As I said if ya'll can run against us it will be a good game. If you can't it won't. By all means show up :D

ronwx5x
11-15-2009, 05:21 PM
Exactly :clap: :clap:

Are you comparing Lovejoy to Gilmer, Nashville or Pittsburg :confused: :confused:

WOW :doh:

Did you just forget to mention that 3-7 Mount Pleasant powerhouse in this list?:eek:

LE Dad
11-15-2009, 05:30 PM
Did you just forget to mention that 3-7 Mount Pleasant powerhouse in this list?:eek: Longview, Texas High, Sulphur Springs, Marshall Hmm I think most schools would be 0-4 at that point don't :thinking: you or maybe you are just guilty of looking at records :rolleyes: and dismissing teams based on that.:confused: :confused:

LE Dad
11-15-2009, 05:40 PM
Did you just forget to mention that 3-7 Mount Pleasant powerhouse in this list?:eek: So do you intend to answer my question:rolleyes: I answered yours :confused: :confused:

Or would you rather just to continue to put up little statistics and have me consistently put them back in your face :thinking: either is fine with me :eek: :eek:

:p

ronwx5x
11-15-2009, 05:46 PM
Longview, Texas High, Sulphur Springs, Marshall Hmm I think most schools would be 0-4 at that point don't :thinking: you or maybe you are just guilty of looking at records :rolleyes: and dismissing teams based on that.:confused: :confused:

Oh, and LE is 0-1 against MP this year so if LE had played the same schedule I suppose they would be 0-5.

LE has surprised many teams in the past, just don't think this is their year to do it again. And I can understand your confusion as evidenced by all the little emoticons. I don't even have an argument against LE beating LL, just your idea LL has no hope due to LE's superior size, speed, depth, and experience. Obviously LE has been beatable several times this season.

And no, I have seen neither team play.

LE Dad
11-15-2009, 06:34 PM
Oh, and LE is 0-1 against MP this year so if LE had played the same schedule I suppose they would be 0-5.

LE has surprised many teams in the past, just don't think this is their year to do it again. And I can understand your confusion as evidenced by all the little emoticons. I don't even have an argument against LE beating LL, just your idea LL has no hope due to LE's superior size, speed, depth, and experience. Obviously LE has been beatable several times this season.

And no, I have seen neither team play. Little or no hope :confused: I think I stated that if Lovejoy could run on us this would be a good game, did I not :confused: If they can run then everything will open up and LE will have some trouble. If you will research a little deeper you will find that LE lost to MP in 06 and 99 and won State Titles both years. As far as being 0-5 against last years 4A State Champion, Runnerup and 2 other top 4A teams :doh: yep ya might be right, but as long as LE is healthy and in the playoffs does that really matter:thinking: As for sneaking up I find it kinda hard to believe we snuck up on Aledo in 99 when we played them toe to toe in 98, and in 06 Gilmer is less than 70 miles from us and had played others from our district in years past.

ronwx5x
11-15-2009, 06:42 PM
LE has the things that there will be no preparing for size, speed,depth, and experience. This game being in Hallsville should be an advantage for us also. :clap: :clap:

Sounds like little or no hope to me. Your quote, not mine. No emoticon!

LE Dad
11-15-2009, 06:49 PM
Now there seems to be some confusion as to what I stated earlier. If you have not seen LE play then I can see where this might occur. I have seen LE play and I have seen Lovejoy play. I am stating my opinion based off of what I saw. :cool: At no point have I said Lovejoy has no chance. Everyone that is playing this week has a chance. :clap: I certainly like our chances against them but I have stated that LE can not underestimate them. :thinking:

Charlie47
11-15-2009, 06:51 PM
The Hallsville location is certainly a disadvantage for me, I will
not be able to make the trip. I will listen to the webcast.:(

LE Dad
11-15-2009, 06:57 PM
Sounds like little or no hope to me. Your quote, not mine. No emoticon! Your right that is my quote of the advantages that I feel LE has Friday night. I firmly stand behind that quote because I have seen both teams play. You have not seen either play and are in a weak position to argue this point. I am still waiting for you to answer my first question??

LE Dad
11-15-2009, 07:07 PM
The Hallsville location is certainly a disadvantage for me, I will
not be able to make the trip. I will listen to the webcast.:( Sorry to hear that:( I don't know how that was decided but I believe it was probably a coin flip because LE has played there several times and it is a little closer to us. I wish it was on Saturday where all fans can make it. :(

ronwx5x
11-15-2009, 07:28 PM
Your right that is my quote of the advantages that I feel LE has Friday night. I firmly stand behind that quote because I have seen both teams play. You have not seen either play and are in a weak position to argue this point. I am still waiting for you to answer my first question??

If by first question you mean am I comparing LE to those others? I'm not comparing anyone to anyone. I was speaking only of your belief that LE has all the advantages. As far throwing statistics, I'm just pointing to history. I admitted from the start I have seen neither team play. I even stated my point was not about whether LE will win. So how am I in a weak position since my discussion was about your quote and not which team will win. Hello, are you there? Let's stay on point.

No weak position there, thank you.

LE Dad
11-15-2009, 07:49 PM
If by first question you mean am I comparing LE to those others? I'm not comparing anyone to anyone. I was speaking only of your belief that LE has all the advantages. As far throwing statistics, I'm just pointing to history. I admitted from the start I have seen neither team play. I even stated my point was not about whether LE will win. So how am I in a weak position since my discussion was about your quote and not which team will win. Hello, are you there? Let's stay on point.

No weak position there, thank you. :thinking: "little or no hope" "all of the advantages" wow I sure must be sending these messages to you telepathically:doh: Your position is weak because you are talking about teams and events that you have little or no knowledge about. Do you even know Nashville Ar. record? Do you know LE's strength of schedule? Do you know what type of offense Mt Pleasant runs? I doubt you even knew they were a 4A until I told you. Weak Position. :rolleyes:

ronwx5x
11-15-2009, 07:59 PM
:thinking: "little or no hope" "all of the advantages" wow I sure must be sending these messages to you telepathically:doh: Your position is weak because you are talking about teams and events that you have little or no knowledge about. Do you even know Nashville Ar. record? Do you know LE's strength of schedule? Do you know what type of offense Mt Pleasant runs? I doubt you even knew they were a 4A until I told you. Weak Position. :rolleyes:

Once again, at the expense of repeating myself, it's not about who will win. It's about YOU. And I would have been hard pressed not to know what classification MP is, since I looked up their record as well as LE's before the discussion started.

I did use "little or no hope" to describe what I felt you were intimating, but you're the one with the quote about advantages. Adult discussion and on the point. No emoticon.

LE Dad
11-15-2009, 08:08 PM
Once again, at the expense of repeating myself, it's not about who will win. It's about YOU. And I would have been hard pressed not to know what classification MP is, since I looked up their record as well as LE's before the discussion started.

I did use "little or no hope" to describe what I felt you were intimating, but you're the one with the quote about advantages. Adult discussion and on the point. No emoticon. and where did I say ALL. I listed what I saw as advantages for LE but at no point did I say LE had ALL of the advantages.

LE Dad
11-15-2009, 09:33 PM
This is gonna be a big game. :eek: I can't wait to see the matchups develop between these 2 teams #17 and 77 really impressed me and you guys have a solid kicking game.:clap: :clap:

Come on Friday!! :D

Aesculus gilmus
11-16-2009, 07:47 AM
Their fans thought our players were from the "inner city" lol.

If you are from Lucas, I think Plano prolly now seems "inner city" to you.

It's too bad this game is not being decided on median family household income. They could just go ahead and give not only this game, but the D1 title to Lovejoy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucas,_Texas#Demographics

"The median income (in 2000) for a household in the city was $100,220, and the median income for a family was $101,014."

Yep, could be another Southlake Carroll in the making. We could be looking at another "rich heritage" of high school football in a few years.

I call Gilmer an "inner country" school. I remember Manuel Johnson the year we won state saying he liked to listen to country music and thinking these guys break all the molds and can't really be categorized.

LE Dad
11-16-2009, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus
If you are from Lucas, I think Plano prolly now seems "inner city" to you.

It's too bad this game is not being decided on median family household income. They could just go ahead and give not only this game, but the D1 title to Lovejoy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucas,_Texas#Demographics

"The median income (in 2000) for a household in the city was $100,220, and the median income for a family was $101,014."

Yep, could be another Southlake Carroll in the making. We could be looking at another "rich heritage" of high school football in a few years.

I call Gilmer an "inner country" school. I remember Manuel Johnson the year we won state saying he liked to listen to country music and thinking these guys break all the molds and can't really be categorized. I must say all in all the people I talked to were nice. They just did not get our kids. We are very diverse, some kids live in Texarkana,but just as many live on outskirts of town. It would be very hard to categorize a lot of these kids. I am sure that the Lovejoy folks that talked to them found that they were some well mannered kids. :)

Charlie47
11-16-2009, 09:33 AM
Since when do we consider the income of a teams
families as to whether they are worthy or not. I doubt if Wikipedia
told you that the Lovejoy district included the communities of
Lucas, east Allen and Fairview. Regardless of the families income,
the people are very warm and friendly. The Lovejoy system has 4 schools, all Exemplary. That is what is important, not money. They
ARE NOT 'LITTLE RICH KIDS", THEY ARE KIDS! They love thier school and communities.:clap:

LE Dad
11-16-2009, 09:35 AM
Should be a good week of practice. I am so ready to get this playoff season started :clap:

Powwow
11-16-2009, 09:44 AM
I must say all in all the people I talked to were nice. They just did not get our kids. We are very diverse, some kids live in Texarkana,but just as many live on outskirts of town. It would be very hard to categorize a lot of these kids. I am sure that the Lovejoy folks that talked to them found that they were some well mannered kids. :)

Student demographics at LE are not as most suspect. I think that the best quality is that our kids are very comfortable around different types of people. They can leave LE and be confident that they can adapt and accept different cultures which is a huge selling point in today's economy. The students who can adapt quickly will be able to excel in today's world. There are a lot of successful people who have came out of the district and they hold many prestigious positions and comprise of many races, creeds, and colors.

LE Dad
11-16-2009, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by Powwow
Student demographics at LE are not as most suspect. I think that the best quality is that our kids are very comfortable around different types of people. They can leave LE and be confident that they can adapt and accept different cultures which is a huge selling point in today's economy. The students who can adapt quickly will be able to excel in today's world. There are a lot of successful people who have came out of the district and they hold many prestigious positions and comprise of many races, creeds, and colors. :iagree: Very well put Powwow. That is one of the reasons my son goes to LE vs Redwater. It is a great melting pot of cultures.:clap: :clap:

Like I stated Lovejoy folks are nice. No one was rude to our kids:D

ccmom
11-16-2009, 10:19 AM
You have not seen either play and are in a weak position to argue this point.

Ummmm.....are you saying that you, personally, only give opinions about teams you have seen play?? :doh:

Careful, there....:devil:

;)

LE Dad
11-16-2009, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by ccmom
Ummmm.....are you saying that you, personally, only give opinions about teams you have seen play?? :doh:

Careful, there....:devil:

;) LOL, What are you trying to say :confused: Ha Ha :clap: :clap:

I watch highlights ya know :devil:

Aesculus gilmus
11-16-2009, 11:21 AM
Charlie47, I do NOT think it is a drawback to be a high school football player from a wealthy family in a rich school district.

I wouldn't be a bit surprised if Lucas Lovejoy becomes the new Southlake Carroll.

You must not be wealthy yourself. Most of the wealthy people (and I guess some might even call me wealthy) I know are not shy about it (some are even somewhat arrogant and that might even be a reason they acquired wealth to begin with) and do NOT consider it a drawback in life.

It is an ADVANTAGE to be from a wealthy district. Look at Abilene Wylie for another example of this. They can achieve success in spite of not being stereotypically gifted with a great deal of athleticism.

Charlie47
11-16-2009, 11:50 AM
Charlie47, I do NOT think it is a drawback to be a high school football player from a wealthy family in a rich school district.

I wouldn't be a bit surprised if Lucas Lovejoy becomes the new Southlake Carroll.

You must not be wealthy yourself. Most of the wealthy people (and I guess some might even call me wealthy) I know are not shy about it (some are even somewhat arrogant and that might even be a reason they acquired wealth to begin with) and do NOT consider it a drawback in life.

It is an ADVANTAGE to be from a wealthy district. Look at Abilene Wylie for another example of this. They can achieve success in spite of not being stereotypically gifted with a great deal of athleticism.

It makes no difference whether I am wealthy or not. I don't feel this topic should have ever came up. It's not necessary to the Lovejoy- Liberty-Eylau discussion. This should not have been brought up. No one was putting Liberty-Eylau down at all. This
is supposed to be a discussion about 3A football, the wealth or lack of wealth is not germaine to the discussion and has nothing
to do with the football game, period!

Aesculus gilmus
11-16-2009, 12:07 PM
You are being unnecessarily defensive about this. It is a fact of life that there are wealthy districts and not-so-wealthy districts and there is NO DOUBT that being wealthy has helped those districts to achieve which you wouldn't think would have the athletes to be successful. Highland Park is another example.

It doesn't mean the non-wealthy districts such as Gilmer and Liberty-Eylau can't achieve. Their state titles prove otherwise. But there's no point in pretending there aren't differences among the districts and even among the cultures of each district. I went to Gilmer and I'm pretty sure, if I were that age again, I would have a hard time adjusting to the culture of Lovejoy High School and, similarly, a Lovejoy student moving to Gilmer would feel out of place for a while also.

LE Dad
11-16-2009, 12:54 PM
Charlie 47 lets hear from you on what you feel your Leopards need to do to stop my Leopards?
What do you think they need to do to move the ball and score?:confused:

garciap77
11-16-2009, 12:55 PM

Abilene Wylie is not a weatlhy district!

garciap77
11-16-2009, 12:57 PM
Charlie 47 lets hear from you on what you feel your Leopards need to do to stop my Leopards?
What do you think they need to do to move the ball and score?:confused:

Both teams are weak!:D

:stirpot:;)

LE Dad
11-16-2009, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
Abilene Wylie is not a weatlhy district! :confused: But I saw it on the ADL:thinking: so it must be true:D

LE Dad
11-16-2009, 01:14 PM
Both teams are weak!:D

:stirpot:;) Those Region 1 Air teams going to your head GP:confused: LOL

:p :D

LE Dad
11-16-2009, 02:47 PM
Weather for Friday is a bit suspect. Looks like going to be windy with 40 % chance of rain:(

LE Dad
11-16-2009, 06:18 PM
This time Friday will be time for a roadie:clap: :clap: Can't wait to get back to Bobcat stadium:D I have some fond memories from back in the 4A days of playing on that field:thinking: Of course it needed watering back in those days:doh:

garciap77
11-16-2009, 10:14 PM
GO LE!!!!!!!!!!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

garciap77
11-16-2009, 10:29 PM
:sleeping::sleeping::sleeping:

LE Dad
11-16-2009, 10:34 PM
:sleeping::sleeping::sleeping: LOL Nobody wants to talk football:dispntd: :dispntd: LE is ready to go:clap: :clap:

:thumbsup:

LE Dad
11-17-2009, 08:20 AM
It will be interesting to see if LE goes to the air more than normal in this game. I think that there may be some opportunities for some big plays. :thinking:

:cool:

Powwow
11-17-2009, 08:38 AM
It will be interesting to see if LE goes to the air more than normal in this game. I think that there may be some opportunities for some big plays. :thinking:

:cool:

who is the home team? I heard that LE was the visiting team but the posting looks like they are the home team.

LE Dad
11-17-2009, 12:13 PM
who is the home team? I heard that LE was the visiting team but the posting looks like they are the home team. LE will be the visiting team. Tickets will be available at the gate only. Thursday will be a community pep rally, looks like it will be held indoors at the Rader Dome but if weather breaks it could change..:D
They just got a shipment of Leopard Gear at the Admin building, pretty cool stuff :thumbsup: go check it out.
:clap:

Daddy D 11
11-17-2009, 12:14 PM
LE SUCKS:D

LE Dad
11-17-2009, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
LH SUCKS:D

^^^There that Loooooks more accurate:taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

LH Basketball........ Catch it at a court near you LOL:D

Daddy D 11
11-17-2009, 12:38 PM
^^^There that Loooooks more accurate:taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

LH Basketball........ Catch it at a court near you LOL:D

LE football is inferior to LH football:devil:

Powwow
11-17-2009, 12:57 PM
:vrycnfsd: :vrycnfsd:

95mustang
11-17-2009, 01:50 PM

Come on Daddy D didn't you know that LE planned their losses so they wouldn't look that strong come playoff time. Well according the LE Dad anyway. :D

LE Dad
11-17-2009, 01:51 PM
LE football is inferior to LH football:devil: D 11 we are not even in the same division:confused: :confused:

LE went to D-1:clap: :clap:

LH went to D- Feat:( :(

:D

Powwow
11-17-2009, 01:55 PM
D 11 we are not even in the same division:confused: :confused:

LE went to D-1:clap: :clap:

LH wen to D- Feat:( :(

:D :inlove:

LE Dad
11-17-2009, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by 95mustang
Come on Daddy D didn't you know that LE planned their losses so they wouldn't look that strong come playoff time. Well according the LE Dad anyway. :D :tongue: :tongue:I would like to see that quote :confused: I believe LE played one of the toughest schedules of any 3A teams:thinking:

We are battle tested and playoff approved:thumbsup:

Daddy D 11
11-17-2009, 02:10 PM
:vrycnfsd: :vrycnfsd:

Last 3 years...

LE=1 RING
LH=2 RINGS.

2 is better than 1.

LE Dad
11-17-2009, 02:28 PM
Last 3 years...

LE=1 RING
LH=2 RINGS.

2 is better than 1. This year LH sitting at home LE is still playing...

Still playing:thumbsup:

sitting home:thmbdwn:

ccmom
11-17-2009, 02:34 PM
LE??:confused:

Are there any posters on this board from there?? :doh:

BEAST
11-17-2009, 02:58 PM

I think there is 1 but he is usually on the Brownwood threads. I think hes jock sniffer.

BEAST

LE Dad
11-17-2009, 02:59 PM

:p :eek: :eek: :eek:

:p :D

LE Dad
11-17-2009, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
I think there is 1 but he is usually on the Brownwood threads. I think hes jock sniffer.

BEAST Then wouldn't he:confused: :confused:

shouldn't he :confused: :confused:

Be on a ......

Wylie thread:thinking:

Go Wylie Bulldogs!!!

LE Dad
11-17-2009, 03:16 PM
LE football is inferior to LH football:devil: D 11 I have got to give credit where credit is due :clap: :clap:

LH does have more overall team speed than LE:D

Just look how much faster LHs season went :doh: :evillol: :evilgrin:

LE Dad
11-17-2009, 04:48 PM
Still on the gameday countdown:D

It's gonna be a long 3 days:doh:

lulu
11-17-2009, 09:36 PM
Still on the gameday countdown:D

It's gonna be a long 3 days:doh:
good luck LED ......lulu

LE Dad
11-17-2009, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by lulu
good luck LED ......lulu :thumbsup: Thanks LULU:D Gonna be a cool night, but hopefully no rain:( chance only 30% now:clap: Should be a good game:)

lostaussie
11-18-2009, 07:06 AM
lts almost like he's talking to himself:D
User Posts
LE Dad 34
ronwx5x 6
Charlie47 4
garciap77 4
Powwow 4
Aesculus gilmus 3
Daddy D 11 3
ccmom 2
lulu 1
95mustang 1
BEAST 1
charlesrixey 1
ssgmp5150 1

LE Dad
11-18-2009, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by lostaussie
lts almost like he's talking to himself:D
User Posts
LE Dad 34
ronwx5x 6
Charlie47 4
garciap77 4
Powwow 4
Aesculus gilmus 3
Daddy D 11 3
ccmom 2
lulu 1
95mustang 1
BEAST 1
charlesrixey 1
ssgmp5150 1 :thinking:Wait till I start quoting myself :clap: :clap:

Hmmm :thinking: I think that adds up to
32 posts by others and 34 by LE Dad, hardly 1 sided:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Get your Aussie adding machine out:devil:

Powwow
11-18-2009, 11:16 AM
:thinking:Wait till I start quoting myself :clap: :clap:

Hmmm :thinking: I think that adds up to
32 posts by others and 34 by LE Dad, hardly 1 sided:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Get your Aussie adding machine out:devil:

I'll talk to you, Daddy :wave: How do you think the weather might affect OUR Leopards? Our boys did a good job late in the season working through bad weather and I know that they are working diligently to make sure that they keep their hand on the ball. It is supposed to be rainy and cold.

pirate4state
11-18-2009, 11:28 AM
This was an interesting thread to read....NOT!

Back & forth on some stupid crap about SOS and records and then some huffing & puffing about income. LOL

KALE

LE Dad
11-18-2009, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
This was an interesting thread to read....NOT!

Back & forth on some stupid crap about SOS and records and then some huffing & puffing about income. LOL

KALE :D And don't forget talking to myself LOL :cool:

Sinton Pirates RULE!!! :clap: :clap:

LE Dad
11-18-2009, 12:30 PM
I'll talk to you, Daddy :wave: How do you think the weather might affect OUR Leopards? Our boys did a good job late in the season working through bad weather and I know that they are working diligently to make sure that they keep their hand on the ball. It is supposed to be rainy and cold. LOL chance of rain appears to be decreasing and yes holding onto the ball is crucial. Tra has made great strides in that area. I can see this game being similar to the Atlanta game, similar night andfield conditions:D We shall see how it works out :clap: :clap:

lostaussie
11-18-2009, 01:22 PM
I'm torn between West Rusk/Linden Kildare (only beause its in Gilmer), Arp/Jefferson in Tatum, or the LE/ Lovejoy game. Persuade me on why I should visit Hallsville Friday night. I think of the 3, this one might be the most entertaining..............problem is I know absultely nothing about Lovejoy!!!!

Powwow
11-18-2009, 02:23 PM
LOL chance of rain appears to be decreasing and yes holding onto the ball is crucial. Tra has made great strides in that area. I can see this game being similar to the Atlanta game, similar night andfield conditions:D We shall see how it works out :clap: :clap:

I hope so. I wish this group the best because they remind me so much of the 06 team in that their record does not do them justice. Most of the time this season they have played some great ball. I think that the 3 shutouts and the 3-qtr shutout against a very fired up New Boston team showed me something about them. They can do this!!! FRIDAY HURRY UP!!!

Powwow
11-18-2009, 02:28 PM
I'm torn between West Rusk/Linden Kildare (only beause its in Gilmer), Arp/Jefferson in Tatum, or the LE/ Lovejoy game. Persuade me on why I should visit Hallsville Friday night. I think of the 3, this one might be the most entertaining..............problem is I know absultely nothing about Lovejoy!!!!

You need to make a quick run over to Hallsville. I BET that you won't be disappointed. Should be a very good game. We don't know anything about Lovejoy either other than they are a good football team that LE WILL NOT take lightly. You will be entertained in SOOOO many ways.:cheerl:

LE Dad
11-18-2009, 02:48 PM
I'm torn between West Rusk/Linden Kildare (only beause its in Gilmer), Arp/Jefferson in Tatum, or the LE/ Lovejoy game. Persuade me on why I should visit Hallsville Friday night. I think of the 3, this one might be the most entertaining..............problem is I know absultely nothing about Lovejoy!!!! Lovejoy runs Spread, of course. They remind me of Lindale or PG. If they can establish the run, this will be a good game. I am not sure how the small secondary will do against our WOs or RBs. I am not sure about depth either. I did not see much subbing. Appear to be well coached.

You know about us so I won't bore you. This could be the game to see but LK/W Rusk should be fun too

TKLiberty-Eylau
11-18-2009, 03:09 PM
LE by 14!!

TKLiberty-Eylau
11-18-2009, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by TKLiberty-Eylau
LE by 14!!

Does LJ have any highlights online?

LE Dad
11-18-2009, 03:25 PM
I hope so. I wish this group the best because they remind me so much of the 06 team in that their record does not do them justice. Most of the time this season they have played some great ball. I think that the 3 shutouts and the 3-qtr shutout against a very fired up New Boston team showed me something about them. They can do this!!! FRIDAY HURRY UP!!! Yeah, but our losses were to some excellent teams. Against 3A teams we have 2 losses Gilmer and Pitt and either one of those teams could win it all. We made the playoffs that is all that is important. Now anything can happen. It all starts Friday night. :clap: :clap:

LE Dad
11-18-2009, 03:27 PM
Does LJ have any highlights online? :thinking: Not sure?? I will look and see what I can find later. They have a poster on here. He may have some links:confused:

TKLiberty-Eylau
11-18-2009, 04:06 PM
:thinking: Not sure?? I will look and see what I can find later. They have a poster on here. He may have some links:confused:

I found a few!!!

TKLiberty-Eylau
11-18-2009, 04:08 PM
Yeah, but our losses were to some excellent teams. Against 3A teams we have 2 losses Gilmer and Pitt and either one of those teams could win it all. We made the playoffs that is all that is important. Now anything can happen. It all starts Friday night. :clap: :clap:

absoulty right the combined record of the teams LE lost to are 34-7 not bad!!

Farmersfan
11-18-2009, 04:28 PM
absoulty right the combined record of the teams LE lost to are 34-7 not bad!!

That's an awful lot of points. The combined records of all the teams Lovejoy lost to is 8-3!!!!!!!!!!;)

LE Dad
11-18-2009, 04:40 PM
absoulty right the combined record of the teams LE lost to are 34-7 not bad!! LOL and if you really get technical Nashville AR. Hasn't lost a game in over 2 years and their avg margin of victory is 50 pts. Gilmer is not far behind them. LE held both teams well below that and put more points up on their 1st team D than any other team. That will show Friday :D LE has played in big games all year just to prepare for this.:clap: :clap: I just hope everyone keeps looking at our record and blowing us off :rolleyes: Gonna be cool to see some LE playoff football. :p

Powwow
11-18-2009, 04:41 PM
I found a few!!!

Where so I can see em.

Powwow
11-18-2009, 04:43 PM
LOL and if you really get technical Nashville AR. Hasn't lost a game in over 2 years and their avg margin of victory is 50 pts. Gilmer is not far behind them. LE held both teams well below that and put more points up on their 1st team D than any other team. That will show Friday :D LE has played in big games all year just to prepare for this.:clap: :clap: I just hope everyone keeps looking at our record and blowing us off :rolleyes: Gonna be cool to see some LE playoff football. :p

Bet that Dad. I can't wait. We are ALWAYS underestimated. I love it. Remember 06 when EVERYBODY was supposed to beat us. :eek:

LE Dad
11-18-2009, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
That's an awful lot of points. The combined records of all the teams Lovejoy lost to is 8-3!!!!!!!!!!;) :thinking: and who was that Farmersfan :confused: :confused: LOL

LE Dad
11-18-2009, 06:13 PM
Bet that Dad. I can't wait. We are ALWAYS underestimated. I love it. Remember 06 when EVERYBODY was supposed to beat us. :eek: :thinking: Yes I do remember 06 and this team has more speed. The only difference is we don't have as good of a passer but we have twice the speed at QB. Our kicking at this point is close to what it was all of 06. All other positions are equal to 06 but we have more depth. :cool:

TKLiberty-Eylau
11-18-2009, 09:16 PM
Where so I can see em.

GO to Youtube.com and type in Lucas lovejoy and you should see them

ssgmp5150
11-19-2009, 08:46 AM
Blowing you guys off????? Underestimating you????? Give me a break!!!! You have been the one on here talking about how LE is gonna do this and do that and that 16AAA is all that and a bag of tater chips!!!! We have done nothing but give you guys respect and have confidence in our teams. We have said repeatedly that it is going to be a tough game and anybody can win at this point. Man I am tired of all the east texas bravado about their teams! I don't think any of us have been on any of the forums posting how we are going to kick your butts, etc...We have defended our teams and said that we think we can win, but that it was going to be a close ballgame. I only hope your kids are not buying into all this crap, because if so, then it might be a long and disappointing night for them! Give me a break! If any of our teams lose, I have no doubt they will come on here and offer their congratulations. However, if any of your teams lose after all this smack talking that has been going on, then you guys better get ready to have it thrown back in your face!

LOL and if you really get technical Nashville AR. Hasn't lost a game in over 2 years and their avg margin of victory is 50 pts. Gilmer is not far behind them. LE held both teams well below that and put more points up on their 1st team D than any other team. That will show Friday :D LE has played in big games all year just to prepare for this.:clap: :clap: I just hope everyone keeps looking at our record and blowing us off :rolleyes: Gonna be cool to see some LE playoff football. :p

LE Dad
11-19-2009, 09:22 AM
Blowing you guys off????? Underestimating you????? Give me a break!!!! You have been the one on here talking about how LE is gonna do this and do that and that 16AAA is all that and a bag of tater chips!!!! We have done nothing but give you guys respect and have confidence in our teams. We have said repeatedly that it is going to be a tough game and anybody can win at this point. Man I am tired of all the east texas bravado about their teams! I don't think any of us have been on any of the forums posting how we are going to kick your butts, etc...We have defended our teams and said that we think we can win, but that it was going to be a close ballgame. I only hope your kids are not buying into all this crap, because if so, then it might be a long and disappointing night for them! Give me a break! If any of our teams lose, I have no doubt they will come on here and offer their congratulations. However, if any of your teams lose after all this smack talking that has been going on, then you guys better get ready to have it thrown back in your face! Huh:confused: I will look again, but I do not believe that I have once even mentioned 16 AAA. I have listed what I believe are my Leopards advantages over Lovejoy Leopards. I do not believe that I have said we ARE going to do this and we ARE going to do that. I have stated what I believe to be some possible outcomes but I also stated that we cannot underestimate Lovejoy. :D
My post regarding underestimating was in regards to someones earlier post that we "had snuck up on people in the past" absolutely nothing to do with anything 13 AAA has posted.
Now as for throwing anything in my face you need to get your facts straight dude cause last I checked all I did was expess my opinion
:mad:

ssgmp5150
11-19-2009, 09:29 AM
Okay....my bad.....Maybe I read into it. I have been on the Smoaky site and they are insane over there!

LE Dad
11-19-2009, 09:34 AM
13 AAA, chill guys:cool: I take it that you are taking a beating on other boards. This is the only board that I post on and very rarely do I read others. I have nothing but respect for all of your posters and wish you would post more on this thread. Do I think a 16 AAA sweep can occur? Sure. Will it? I don't know?? I think,repeat, think LE will win. I think Pitt will win. PG may or may not win. :clap: :clap:

ssgmp5150
11-19-2009, 09:36 AM
My apologies then....

LE Dad
11-19-2009, 09:37 AM
Okay....my bad.....Maybe I read into it. I have been on the Smoaky site and they are insane over there! It's the playoffs, every fairweather poster in the state is out there. I am one who will be here regardless so I am careful about what I post cause you post crap and you will get crap back :thinking: :D

ssgmp5150
11-19-2009, 09:48 AM
All three games are going to be tough games and I wish 13AAA all the luck Friday night. Hope everyone drives safe to and from the games and nobody has any injuries Friday night.

LE Dad
11-19-2009, 09:50 AM
My apologies then.... No need for that. Sounds like some folks owe ya'll one. I understand.:D Good luck to ya'll this week. We will see how it goes

LE Dad
11-19-2009, 10:50 AM
Game day is almost here. KCMC will have an interview on today with Coach Brady at 5. Game will be broadcast on www.magic933.com with pregame starting at 7.

:nerd:

lostaussie
11-19-2009, 11:01 AM
Okay....my bad.....Maybe I read into it. I have been on the Smoaky site and they are insane over there! yes they are..............exactly why i stay away:cool:

Powwow
11-19-2009, 11:26 AM
Blowing you guys off????? Underestimating you????? Give me a break!!!! You have been the one on here talking about how LE is gonna do this and do that and that 16AAA is all that and a bag of tater chips!!!! We have done nothing but give you guys respect and have confidence in our teams. We have said repeatedly that it is going to be a tough game and anybody can win at this point. Man I am tired of all the east texas bravado about their teams! I don't think any of us have been on any of the forums posting how we are going to kick your butts, etc...We have defended our teams and said that we think we can win, but that it was going to be a close ballgame. I only hope your kids are not buying into all this crap, because if so, then it might be a long and disappointing night for them! Give me a break! If any of our teams lose, I have no doubt they will come on here and offer their congratulations. However, if any of your teams lose after all this smack talking that has been going on, then you guys better get ready to have it thrown back in your face!

All I have been doing is conversing with LEDAD about our Leopards prosects for the game and I am sure that the kids are not paying any attention about internet chatter because they are getting prepared for this game. I am sure that every part of the state has a homer board like Smoaky and they talk that way year round. Take deep breaths, that might help. All anyone knows for sure is that someone will win and someone will lose. Hope that it is the LE Leopards.

LE Dad
11-19-2009, 12:09 PM
Hope that it is the LE Leopards. +1

ronwx5x
11-19-2009, 12:21 PM
How the heck did LE arrange for Lovejoy to drive all the way to Hallsville for a Friday game? Guess LE must have won a coin toss. Bobcat stadium sure looks like a nice one and with 8000 seats it should be able to hold the crowd.

Since Lovejoy is coming so far, their fans may stay home, but LE should almost fill their side.

LE Dad
11-19-2009, 01:01 PM
How the heck did LE arrange for Lovejoy to drive all the way to Hallsville for a Friday game? Guess LE must have won a coin toss. Bobcat stadium sure looks like a nice one and with 8000 seats it should be able to hold the crowd.

Since Lovejoy is coming so far, their fans may stay home, but LE should almost fill their side. I have you know that is a long drive:dispntd: There is major highway construction on Hwy 59 and that will increase the drive time to well over an hour. I heard that Mt. Pleasant was offered. I don't know what happened, but we love the Piney Woods.:D

I will see what I can find out what happened. If it was a coin toss, I would think LE would play in Longview:confused:

ccmom
11-19-2009, 01:13 PM
I have you know that is a long drive:dispntd: There is major highway construction on Hwy 59 and that will increase the drive time to well over an hour.

That was you being sarcastic, right? :confused:

LE Dad
11-19-2009, 01:26 PM
That was you being sarcastic, right? :confused: :thinking: A little sarcasm, a little truth :D There is a major road project that will slow travel. I think they were offered Mt. Pleasant but declined. I am trying to verify that now. :nerd:

ccmom
11-19-2009, 01:28 PM
:thinking: A little sarcasm, a little truth :D There is a major road project that will slow travel. I think they were offered Mt. Pleasant but declined. I am to verify that now. :nerd:

How many miles is it? For each team, I mean...

ronwx5x
11-19-2009, 01:38 PM
How many miles is it? For each team, I mean...

Mapquest says it is about 150 miles from Lucas to Hallsville, 85 miles from Texarkana. Lucas is north of Ft Worth on 35W, Hallsville is just east of Longview on US 80.

LE Dad
11-19-2009, 02:06 PM
Mapquest says it is about 150 miles from Lucas to Hallsville, 85 miles from Texarkana. Lucas is north of Ft Worth on 35W, Hallsville is just east of Longview on US 80. Yes, Hallsville is an advantage. LE has played there several times. It is a good place to watch a football game. I would still rather be in Longview. Lobo land is so intimidating:eek: :eek:

Farmersfan
11-19-2009, 02:24 PM
Mapquest says it is about 150 miles from Lucas to Hallsville, 85 miles from Texarkana. Lucas is north of Ft Worth on 35W, Hallsville is just east of Longview on US 80.

Farmersville vs Pleasant Grove is being played in Mount Pleasant. And Lucas is not even close to Ft. Worth. Lucas is just east of Allen. In fact Lucas and Allen share a city limit boundary. I believe the hwy number is FM 1378 running from McKinney to Wylie.
The Mapquest numbers appear to be correct though.

LE Dad
11-19-2009, 07:38 PM
I think LE is focused on the task at hand. I am not hearing a lot of "next week this, next week that" crap. Coach Brady seems to be cautiously optimistic about the bye week as am I. I hope that it pays off tomorrow night. Weather forecast in Texarkana says 30% chance of rain... Hallsville 60%:doh: what a difference 80 miles makes. :clap: :clap:

Good Luck Leopards.....

Liberty Eylau Leopards!! :D

Powwow and TKLE what are ya'll thinking about the game :confused:

TKLiberty-Eylau
11-19-2009, 10:45 PM
I think LE is focused on the task at hand. I am not hearing a lot of "next week this, next week that" crap. Coach Brady seems to be cautiously optimistic about the bye week as am I. I hope that it pays off tomorrow night. Weather forecast in Texarkana says 30% chance of rain... Hallsville 60%:doh: what a difference 80 miles makes. :clap: :clap:

Good Luck Leopards.....

I think our boys are focused and will show up tomorrow look for QB alex watson to have another big game i look for his speed and the combination of Carson's and Webster's power to work really good...and i think it will eventally open up the passing game for Clark, and we also need to throw to Reed to take alot of attention off of clark!!

LE Dad
11-19-2009, 11:32 PM
I think our boys are focused and will show up tomorrow look for QB alex watson to have another big game i look for his speed and the combination of Carson's and Webster's power to work really good...and i think it will eventally open up the passing game for Clark, and we also need to throw to Reed to take alot of attention off of clark!! :confused: :confused: I guess by this time tomorrow night we will know:thinking: I think that there may be 1 or 2 players that we haven't seen in a while step up and contribute in this game:thinking:

Powwow
11-20-2009, 06:57 AM

Good Luck Leopards.....

Not to sound cliche but who ever makes the least amount of mistakes will win this one. If any team that we have fielded has the capacity to go a couple of rounds it is this one. Like I said earlier, the NB game showed me a lot. It looked like it was getting out of control right from the beginning but the boys maintained their composure and came out fighting. That showed me that they can come from behind with a vengence (3 qtr shutout against a good team). If they play with the NB game intensity they have a great chance to be playing next week but they can't let Lovejoy get any momentum. Go LE!!!! KALE!!!!

LE Dad
11-20-2009, 08:12 AM
I like it :D Glad game day is here:clap: :clap: The fans seemed to stay pumped up for 2 weeks. The kids seem to be pumped up. Ran into Brian Reed and a few others last night after Pep Rally and they seemed fired up. Coach Brady made a great point "if I need to get you fired up for this game then something is wrong".

Everyone be careful going to the game. Hwy 59 is still only 1 lane from Linden to Jefferson. There will be pretty heavy traffic I am sure.

Good luck LE:)

ccmom
11-20-2009, 10:22 AM
Go Leopards! :clap: :clap:

LE Dad
11-20-2009, 01:02 PM
:clap: :clap: Latest radar and weather information indicate that the rain will end before 7 and resume after 11:thinking: Maybe the Football God is smiling on us:confused:

Powwow
11-20-2009, 01:15 PM
:clap: :clap: Latest radar and weather information indicate that the rain will end before 7 and resume after 11:thinking: Maybe the Football God is smiling on us:confused:

Great!!!! Then it should feel like the ATL game.

LE Dad
11-20-2009, 06:47 PM
:clap: :clap: Showtime:D Hope it is worth cost of admission:p Lol

LE Dad
11-20-2009, 08:52 PM
LE7 LJ 7

LE Dad
11-20-2009, 09:00 PM
LE TD 14 - 7 LE

LE Dad
11-20-2009, 09:08 PM
14-7 LE End of 1st

LE driving

LE Dad
11-20-2009, 09:20 PM
14-14 LJ TD

LE Dad
11-20-2009, 09:43 PM
Still tied at half. Lots of miscues by both teams

LE Dad
11-20-2009, 10:32 PM
LE 6 Min drive and score LJ fumble LE score
28-14 LE

LE Dad
11-20-2009, 10:34 PM
LJ fumble LE returns TD again 35-14
4:05 3rd

catgut
11-20-2009, 10:44 PM
about what I was expecting

LE Dad
11-20-2009, 10:45 PM
LJ score 35-21 start 4 th

LE Dad
11-20-2009, 11:00 PM
LE 35 LJ 28
5:45 4 th

Charlie47
11-20-2009, 11:27 PM
22 sec in 4th
Tied at 35
way to go Lovejoy:clap:

Charlie47
11-20-2009, 11:36 PM
In 1st OT
Lovejoy 42
LE 35

Pawdaddy
11-20-2009, 11:38 PM
Is that your final answer?

Charlie47
11-20-2009, 11:39 PM
Final:
Lucas Lovejoy 42
LE 41
We stopped a 2 XP
Fantastic Lovejoy Leopards!!!:D :clap: :clap:

Highschoolfan78
11-20-2009, 11:43 PM
wow.. Great game!

STANG RED
11-20-2009, 11:59 PM
Final:
Lucas Lovejoy 42
LE 41
We stopped a 2 XP
Fantastic Lovejoy Leopards!!!:D :clap: :clap:

LE went for 2? WOW, gutsey call! Dumb as hell, but gutsey.:eek:

LE Dad
11-21-2009, 01:29 AM
Wow that was worth price of admission. I could not keep an internet connection and no one I txtd had connection abilities. Thanks for taking over Charlie. Actually the kid had the corner on the 2 pointer, but for some reason decided to throw it. Lots of could've, would've, should've to go around but that's not me.:( Good job Lovejoy:clap: :clap: I wish you luck. That was a physical game :doh: :doh:

ccmom
11-21-2009, 01:43 AM
Wow! Great game! Congrats LJ!

Charlie47
11-21-2009, 11:30 AM
Hey LE Dad,
Glad you had a safe trip home. The radio announcers actually said
they couldn't believe it, but Liberty-Eylau wasn't the fastest team
on the field.How's your basketball team? I've been told that Lovejoy will have a good one. BTW, our Volleyball team plays Monahans in the Championship today at 1:00. I think it's great for a 2yr program. Have a great Holiday season. I wish I could have met you.:(

pirate4state
11-21-2009, 05:16 PM
Wow that was worth price of admission. I could not keep an internet connection and no one I txtd had connection abilities. Thanks for taking over Charlie. Actually the kid had the corner on the 2 pointer, but for some reason decided to throw it. Lots of could've, would've, should've to go around but that's not me.:( Good job Lovejoy:clap: :clap: I wish you luck. That was a physical game :doh: :doh:

wow :( Sorry that yalls season is over. We squeaked out a win in the pouring rain.

Good season and I have no doubt LE will be back next year. :)

Congrats LJ