PDA

View Full Version : Lucas Lovejoy vs Texarkana Liberty Eylau

LE Dad
11-15-2009, 10:35 AM
Bobcat Stadium, Hallsville 7:30 Friday November 20th.
The Battle of the Leopards should be a good game. Lovejoy has a solid defense that is well coached. Their offense is Spread; zone read, fly sweep, and multiple passing options.
Liberty Eylau uses several formations and thus far has utilized an assortment of backs. LE will pick it's moments to pass to any # of targets. The defense has played against some of the best offenses in the area and is only allowing 241 yds/game.

Powwow
11-15-2009, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by LE Dad
Bobcat Stadium, Hallsville 7:30 Friday November 20th.
The Battle of the Leopards should be a good game. Lovejoy has a solid defense that is well coached. Their offense is Spread; zone read, fly sweep, and multiple passing options.
Liberty Eylau uses several formations and thus far has utilized an assortment of backs. LE will pick it's moments to pass to any # of targets. The defense has played against some of the best offenses in the area and is only allowing 241 yds/game.

What does LE have to do to win this game, LEDAD??

Charlie47
11-15-2009, 12:31 PM
Hey Powwow,
Forgive me the obvious, you need to score more points than we do.:D

Charlie47
11-15-2009, 12:33 PM
Just for my knowledge, where does the name, Liberty-Eylau
come from?:confused:

LE Dad
11-15-2009, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by Powwow
What does LE have to do to win this game, LEDAD?? LE needs to play their game and not take Lovejoy lightly. They remind me of Lindale. Well coached, very discliplined, offense executes well but pass blocking is suspect. Defense will try to strip the ball all night long and is very opportunistic. They feed off of positive plays.

Lovejoy has several disadvantages in this game. They have yet to see a team with the size, speed and depth of Liberty Eylau. LE has an experience advantage on the sidelines with a coaching staff that has coached 2 State Champions. Most of the LE team was on hand Friday night and they got to see Lovejoy play firsthand.

The big plays they made against WP are not going to be there against LE. They will need
to sustain drives and run the ball effectivly in order to open up a passing game. If they can't LE will win easily.

LE will no doubt try to expose Lovejoys smaller, slower corners through the air and on the ground. If our backs and WOs get into the secondary it could be trouble for Lovejoy.

LE should be healthy and fresh with the week off, as long as they don't come out flat, I think it will be a huge advantage.

Aesculus gilmus
11-15-2009, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Charlie47
come from?:confused:

I'm almost certain it is from the consolidation of two adjoining ISDs with those two names.

It's been called that for at least 40 years or more.

LE Dad
11-15-2009, 12:52 PM
come from?:confused: Liberty Eylau was formed from three smaller districts Liberty ISD, Eylau ISD, and Macedonia ISD. Throw it all in a hat and out pops Liberty Eylau:D

Charlie47
11-15-2009, 05:01 PM
Hey LE Dad,
You guys much be enormus. Lovejoy's O line averages 279.:eek:

LE Dad
11-15-2009, 05:17 PM
Hey LE Dad,
You guys much be enormus. Lovejoy's O line averages 279.:eek: We are very comparable on the line, but our backs both are 200+. I was looking more at that and ya'lls secondary. Know I was very impressed with the trap play that ya'll ran. :D

catgut
11-15-2009, 10:10 PM
Good Luck LE. I'm just one of the dumb guys in Paris, but I think LE will roll for a while in the playoffs. Those big backs aren't just big, they're very fast.

LE Dad
11-15-2009, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by catgut
Good Luck LE. I'm just one of the dumb guys in Paris, but I think LE will roll for a while in the playoffs. Those big backs aren't just big, they're very fast. LOL, Who thinks you're dumb? I hated to see the Wildcats season come to an abrupt end. Just stick with that Spread and
ya'll will be going a little deeper in the next couple of years. Heck we might even be in the same district next year :D

TheDOCTORdre
11-15-2009, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
Liberty Eylau was formed from three smaller districts Liberty ISD, Eylau ISD, and Macedonia ISD. Throw it all in a hat and out pops Liberty Eylau:D

Macedonia got screwed

LE Dad
11-15-2009, 10:36 PM
Can this be merged with GOTW thread PLEASE??