PDA

View Full Version : Heisman Thoughts?

Diocletian
11-15-2009, 10:30 AM
With Colt not delivering... Tebow under-statting.. And Clausen just throwing up losses.

Who you guys/gals got for this year??

My Pick.

Case Keenum

plpsftball
11-15-2009, 10:34 AM
The running back for stanford. Dont know his name but he wears number 7

Gobbler Fan
11-15-2009, 10:59 AM
#8 Shipley

plpsftball
11-15-2009, 11:11 AM
yea right Shipley is good but if Colt isnt putting up good numbers what makes you think Shipley will get it

cshscougar08
11-15-2009, 11:18 AM
Still Mark Ingram's to lose in my opinion. 150 yards yesterday and two touchdowns.

plpsftball
11-15-2009, 11:24 AM
I think even without ingram bama would be good. If you take the back away from stanford would they hang 55 on usc

boynoles
11-15-2009, 11:54 AM
C. J SPILLER CLEMSON

Gators17
11-15-2009, 11:59 AM
Jimmy Clausen ND
CJ Spiller Clemson
Mark Ingram Alabama
Tim Tebow Florida
Case Keenum Houston

In no particular order

charlesrixey
11-15-2009, 12:08 PM
colt mccoy will win it

Keenum's cougars will lose 3-4 games (through no fault of his own), tebow has not been himself, ingram is not essential to alabama (and its not like their offense is that good overall)

clausen has been fantastic but he has made big mistakes in at least one of their losses

Spiller is good but he is no reggie bush

McCoy has kept his team undefeated (he is very important to the team) he is passing 70%+ again and he hasn't scored as many TD's but he has been more crucial to his team's success than any other name mentioned in this thread.

Andrew Luck of Stanford is probably the best freshman around.

coach
11-15-2009, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
colt mccoy will win it

Keenum's cougars will lose 3-4 games (through no fault of his own), tebow has not been himself, ingram is not essential to alabama (and its not like their offense is that good overall)

clausen has been fantastic but he has made big mistakes in at least one of their losses

Spiller is good but he is no reggie bush

McCoy has kept his team undefeated (he is very important to the team) he is passing 70%+ again and he hasn't scored as many TD's but he has been more crucial to his team's success than any other name mentioned in this thread.

Andrew Luck of Stanford is probably the best freshman around.

how can you say ingram is not essential to his team?

Yoe_09
11-15-2009, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by Gators17
Jimmy Clausen ND
CJ Spiller Clemson
Mark Ingram Alabama
Tim Tebow Florida
Case Keenum Houston

In no particular order

I think Mark Ingram from Alabama has the best chance at this point. Jimmy Clausen has no chance of winning with his team losing all the time.

Gobbler Fan
11-15-2009, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by plpsftball
yea right Shipley is good but if Colt isnt putting up good numbers what makes you think Shipley will get it

So Shipley will just have to settle for the Biletnikoff award ...

As Shipley goes so goes Colt, Texas would not be where they are without #8 and his clutch catches and returns . No other reciever has stepped up for Texas this year as much as I hate to say next year will be a big drop off for Texas in the recieving dept.

Ingram from Alabama is the frontrunner as of now .

carter08
11-15-2009, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
colt mccoy will win it

Keenum's cougars will lose 3-4 games (through no fault of his own),

3, maybe. 4, not going to happen.

Gobbla2001
11-15-2009, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by carter08
3, maybe. 4, not going to happen.

Unfortunately, and I'm a Texas fan, I see Colt finishing in the top two right now...

I've been pulling for Keenum myself, and by the true definition of this award it should be a Keenum...

But this award isn't about the best player in college football in a single year as it's meant to be... This is about awarding a player who is at a bigger-named school who had a good season, a great career and a lot of media hype...

Old Tiger
11-15-2009, 01:27 PM
1. Ingram 2. Shipley 3. Suh

ziggy29
11-15-2009, 01:28 PM
I stopped following the Hypesman a long time ago. It's really a reward for a very good QB on a very good team (and occasionally an RB or WR).

No one is really distinguishing themselves. Any "dark horse" chance Keenum had went up in smoke when his team lost to UCF, I think.

The media are in love with Tim Tebow, and that could be hard to overcome.

Gobbla2001
11-15-2009, 01:36 PM
At this point in the season, the only way I see someone outside of Tebow and McCoy winning it is if the voters decide to be "different" just to be different...

It's amazing how popular College Football remains with such BS in its media and the lack of a true postseason...

cshscougar08
11-15-2009, 01:39 PM
Colt McCoy has been a manager for Texas this year. Not the best player in the country by any means. His defense deserves more credit for their undefeated season than he does.

Gobbla2001
11-15-2009, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by cshscougar08
Colt McCoy has been a manager for Texas this year. Not the best player in the country by any means. His defense deserves more credit for their undefeated season than he does.

Agreed

Old Tiger
11-15-2009, 01:49 PM
Colt McCoy has been a manager for Texas this year. Not the best player in the country by any means. His defense deserves more credit for their undefeated season than he does. So Earl Thomas for Heisman! WO-S holla!

forum_guy
11-15-2009, 02:25 PM
I was talking to a friend the other day and he said something interesting. If a Texas Tech QB never won the heisman why would Keenum get it this year?

Old Tiger
11-15-2009, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by forum_guy
I was talking to a friend the other day and he said something interesting. If a Texas Tech QB never won the heisman why would Keenum get it this year? college football hates texas tech and mike leach

ivchris
11-15-2009, 03:20 PM
My vote would be for Case Keenum.

Gobbla2001
11-15-2009, 03:26 PM
because most think of Tech QBs as products of the system... I don't get the feel that they think Keenum is a product of a system...

I think Keenum has a better chance than the TT qbs had... still don't see him getting it...

Rocket
11-15-2009, 03:55 PM
Keenum? LOL

wow

McCoy and Shipley are Top 2. They owe McCoy one after last year's fiasco.

ziggy29
11-15-2009, 03:57 PM
As long as the BCS cartel remains in place, I don't ever, ever, *ever* see a player outside of a BCS conference winning it.

WHS02
11-15-2009, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
Keenum? LOL

wow

McCoy and Shipley are Top 2. They owe McCoy one after last year's fiasco.

McCoy....LOL..
Dont be mad that Keenum isn't from bwood.

cshscougar08
11-15-2009, 04:05 PM
They owe McCoy one after last year's fiasco.

Enlighten me. The only fiasco I saw was the system, not who was a better player. Sam deserved it last year.

WHS02
11-15-2009, 04:07 PM
Enlighten me. The only fiasco I saw was the system, not who was a better player. Sam deserved it last year.

Not towards you, but the whiner from bwood. Just like a UT fan. Whining about last year STILL..Bradford by far the best QB last year. Then when they mention someone else besides a ut player they get all bent out of shape. I do think Shipley is having an excellent year. Should be mentioned in it but McCoy...... ummm no.

RedraideR11
11-15-2009, 04:08 PM
The Stanford tail back should be in the mix!! He is a wild man!!

Txbroadcaster
11-15-2009, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by WHS02
Not towards you, but the whiner from bwood. Just like a UT fan. Whining about last year STILL..Bradford by far the best QB last year. Then when they mention someone else besides a ut player they get all bent out of shape. I do think Shipley is having an excellent year. Should be mentioned in it but McCoy...... ummm no.

Really? he WAS BY FAR the best QB? Disagree with that

ziggy29
11-15-2009, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Really? he WAS BY FAR the best QB? Disagree with that
There is no question that Bradford's raw numbers were a lot better. But some of that was because of Stoops' tendency to run it up even after the game was a blowout, whereas Mack Brown tended to become more conservative in a blowout.

People can question the sportsmanship of running it up in amateur athletics, but in terms of getting OU to the MNC game last year and in getting Bradford the Heisman, few could question that it paid off. In that sense, Stoops was doing what he was supposed to do for his team.

bulldog25
11-15-2009, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by Diocletian
With Colt not delivering... Tebow under-statting.. And Clausen just throwing up losses.

Who you guys/gals got for this year??

My Pick.

Case Keenum

+1

Gobbla2001
11-15-2009, 06:33 PM
They owe McCoy one after last year's fiasco.

dunno if you're being serious, but that type of thinking just might get him the Heisman, and that's unfortunate for the Keenums in college ball..

People just cannot think of a player in the terms of that one year...

A college football writer joins the radio show I listen to for a few minutes every week via phone... he was pro-Keenum... He pretty much said "people need to stop looking at what Tebow has done at FLA his entire career, or stop looking at what McCoy did last year, this award is for the best player that year"... then he follows it right up with "People need to look at Keenum, I mean look what he's done since he's started at Houston"... the guy realizes the problem, doesn't like the problem, wants the problem gone yet is guilty of using the same logic in a sense...