11-14-2009, 11:52 PM
Navasota (Home) vs. Silsbee (Visitors)
Friday, Nov. 20th – 7:30 p.m.
Conroe-Woodforest Bank Stadium
http://www.texasbob.com/stadium/stadium.php?id=1151

HEMOTOXIC
11-15-2009, 12:36 AM
Go Rattlers!

We shouldn't have any problem with fan support being 40 minutes away. Fans come out and support your Rattlers!

trojandad
11-15-2009, 12:57 AM
whoa, time out......what do i not know about conroe??!! aren't we playing there fri @ 7:30 also? are there two stadiums i'm not aware of? i only knew of the one next to the old conroe high.....HELP PLEASE !!! lol

navscanmaster
11-15-2009, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
Go Rattlers!

We shouldn't have any problem with fan support being 40 minutes away. Fans come out and support your Rattlers!

Great. I will be in Louisiana working till Saturday night. Freaking awesome. Go Rattlers!

However, both games I have had to listen to on the radio this year were Rattler shutout wins.....:thinking:

LH Panther Mom
11-15-2009, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by trojandad
whoa, time out......what do i not know about conroe??!! aren't we playing there fri @ 7:30 also? are there two stadiums i'm not aware of? i only knew of the one next to the old conroe high.....HELP PLEASE !!! lol
Yes, there are two - the one Coldspring is playing in (Buddy Moorhead) and the one Navasota is playing in (Woodcrest). :)

ronwx5x
11-15-2009, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Yes, there are two - the one Coldspring is playing in (Buddy Moorhead) and the one Navasota is playing in (Woodcrest). :)

This is the 2nd year for Woodforest Stadium to be open. It is located just east of I-45, behind the Sam's club and between College Park (SH 242) and Research Forest.

Lots of parking and a great new stadium. Has video and plenty of seating. An incredible concession stand that is more like a pro stadium than a high school. Woodforest is the home field for College Park HS, The Woodlands HS, and Oak Ridge HS.

From Navasota I would take 105 through Conroe to I-45 south, exit Research Forest and U-turn. The entrance is north of the big Portofino shopping center and beside the Pappadeaux restaurant. That is the only way in and the local police will be directing traffic. There is another entrance behind the Home Depot but you probably will find barriers blocking the road so don't try it. You could also turn south of 105 to connect to 1488, then onto SH 242. Then you just need to stay on the I-45 service road and u-turn at Research Forest.

From the south, exit Research Forest, go on through the intersection at Research Forest and follow the directions above. I live only 10 minutes away but will be in Dallas. Rats.

trojandad
11-15-2009, 12:11 PM
well then for someone that knows, which one is located behind the original conroe high school?

OldBison75
11-15-2009, 12:13 PM
Buddy Moorehead is the original Conroe ISD stadium and is behind the old Conroe High School on HWY 105 just west of IH 45.

That is where Coldspring is playing.

trojandad
11-15-2009, 12:25 PM
thanks much, never knew the name of the stadium, when i was young and we played there it was just conroe stadium.....i remember it when earl campbell's tyler team played conroe's powerhouse team his state championship year....was 10-7 game with earl scoring with :10 seconds left, such an incredible game...

btw, thanks for the nod of encouragement before the wo-s game, it was just as you said, a real donnybrook, i was as excited about the game as i was with our win....you were one of the few outside of the wo-s people that had seen us for two years that stated we had a chance at all.....we never would have seen the light of day without their turnover help, but even without those, both teams took it to each other....thanks again (and for the answer to my confusion).....

navscanmaster
11-15-2009, 06:54 PM
Any thoughts on how this one might go? I think Navasota will have a lot of trouble with Jeremy Jackson. We brought a lot of pressure on him in last years game, but just could not get to him. He didn't bust off any big runs against us, but he just kept eluding the sacks. Now he is a year older and more experienced, but it has looked like he is forcing a lot of balls this year, with all those interceptions. I think for once, the Rattler read and react but never blitz defense might be a good fit against the Tigers. My worries are more with the offense breaking out of it's slump and getting out there and scoring some points again. Will it be another Cameron game with so much passing that the defense sits back and waits for the pick? Will it be like Madisonville where we pass, pass, and pass in the first half, and then forget about the passing game in the second half? Will the balanced attack that got the Rattlers into the state's elite earlier in the season return?

ProudHornetMom
11-15-2009, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
Will the balanced attack that got the Rattlers into the state's elite earlier in the season return? '

Without a doubt the Rattlers will bring their all to the game and their ALL is balanced and tough to beat.

We played at this stadium last year against W-OS. It's a great stadium.

HEMOTOXIC
11-15-2009, 07:41 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by navscanmaster
Great. I will be in Louisiana working till Saturday night. Freaking awesome. Go Rattlers!

However, both games I have had to listen to on the radio this year were Rattler shutout wins.....:thinking: [/QUOTE

That's too bad. But hey, atleast we have a winning percentage with you listening on the radio....:D

87 TIGER
11-15-2009, 09:11 PM
Good luck Navasota

navscanmaster
11-15-2009, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by 87 TIGER
Good luck Navasota

Back at ya!:clap:

Superbacker 00'
11-16-2009, 08:36 AM
Well its time to put up or shut up for my Rattlers are they going to play like can or how they been? Its time for some gut checking in Navasota cause if win the gets tougher so the mindframe determines to out come of the Rattlers.

My guts says
Navasota by 7

Superbacker 00'
11-16-2009, 08:38 AM
I didnt proof read the last post..lol sorry for the 2 grade work

HEMOTOXIC
11-16-2009, 01:52 PM
Where are the Silsbee supporters?

Silsbee1989
11-16-2009, 05:04 PM
Man I finally got updated so i can talk on here !!!!!!:) :)

This should be a good game, 2 good teams and you are correct this isnt the same silsbee team from last year and i think it will come down to who makes the least amount of mistakes. Johnson isnt the only player or threat on this silsbee team. we are starting to gel. I guess it will be settled on friday. Goodluck and may the best team win!!!!!

HEMOTOXIC
11-16-2009, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by Silsbee1989
Man I finally got updated so i can talk on here !!!!!!:) :)

This should be a good game, 2 good teams and you are correct this isnt the same silsbee team from last year and i think it will come down to who makes the least amount of mistakes. Johnson isnt the only player or threat on this silsbee team. we are starting to gel. I guess it will be settled on friday. Goodluck and may the best team win!!!!!

Navasota's defense has improved from last year, but, the offense doesn't always play up to their ability. As far as this year's Tiger team, Im sure J Johnson will be a handful again. I see that the Tigers gave up a lot of points to Huffman. I wasn't at the game, so, I really cant comment on the defense of Silsbee. Like you said, we shall see come Friday.

Good Luck!

Go Snakes!

Silsbee1989
11-16-2009, 05:32 PM
First of all...... It's JEREMY JOHNSON. and you are correct as far as us givving up a few points against Huffman BUT if you look back we have scored like 50 something points over the last several games. I think it will be a 7 point decision game.

HEMOTOXIC
11-16-2009, 05:34 PM
First of all...... It's JEREMY JOHNSON. and you are correct as far as us givving up a few points against Huffman BUT if you look back we have scored like 50 something points over the last several games. I think it will be a 7 point decision game.

Fixed. J Johnson it is.

Silsbee1989
11-16-2009, 05:44 PM
How strong is Navasota this year ? I dont even know who they have played or who there BIG wins are for this year?

HEMOTOXIC
11-16-2009, 05:55 PM
How strong is Navasota this year ? I dont even know who they have played or who there BIG wins are for this year?

(4A) Henderson @ Lufkin Won 47-0
@ Palestine Won 28-20
@ (2A)Hearne Won 27-0
@ Bellville Won 24-14
Bryan Rudder Won 41-14 (First Home game, total of 3 home games this season)
@ Caldwell Lost 14-0
Rockdale Won 41-13
@ Taylor Won 44-0
Cameron Yoe Lost 24-22 (Lead 22-8 @ the half)
@ Madisonville Won 21-16

Defense giving up 9.6 ppg
Offense avg. 31.1 ppg

Big Wins:

Henderson- Carthage scored in the final minute to beat Henderson 14-13

@ Palestine- the Rattlers rallied to win

@ Bellville- At the time, AP ranked Bellville #7 Navasota #9

Rockdale- Rockdale came into this contest undefeated & ranked as #9 in the state; it wasn't even close as the Rattlers got out to a 28-0 lead

@ Madisonville- winner gets a playoff birth. BIG RILVARY game

Key Loses

@ Caldwell- The Mud bowl. Caldwell came in to this contest with an excellent game plan. Plus, Navasota vs Caldwell is always the game to see

Cameron Yoe- 5 Turnovers for the Rattlers and still only lost by 2

Yoe_09
11-16-2009, 07:02 PM
Navasota's defense has improved from last year, but, the offense doesn't always play up to their ability. As far as this year's Tiger team, Im sure J Johnson will be a handful again. I see that the Tigers gave up a lot of points to Huffman. I wasn't at the game, so, I really cant comment on the defense of Silsbee. Like you said, we shall see come Friday.

Good Luck!

Go Snakes!

true, I dont think it is defense that you will have to worry about in this game from Navasota. I think that if Navasota can get a pretty good passing game going in this won they should win. Against Cameron this year your defense played the best that I had seen in district (including Caldwell) but it was the offense that seemed to struggle in both the Cameron and Caldwell game I saw. You seem to have the WR to make the plays, I would just give them more of a change on maybe more slants or deeper routes. Our defense was improved this year but is still not where we would want it. I think I would only run that read play about 5 times against Silsbee.

Yoe_09
11-16-2009, 07:05 PM
I would say Navasota should win by 7.

HEMOTOXIC
11-16-2009, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by Yoe_09
You seem to have the WR to make the plays, I would just give them more of a change on maybe more slants or deeper routes.

The talent is definately there. Only if we can get them the ball. This should be fun come Friday seeing J Johnson against this year's Rattler defense.

Silsbee1989
11-16-2009, 07:15 PM
I dont know if we were looking past a good Huffman team this past saturday or what but i agree we need to tighten up our pass defense. As far as our running defense we are pretty solid i think. We can score pretty quick and fast. Like i said I think its gonna be a very good game ! I aint getting anybodys opinion on whos gonna win it and why? Give me some feedback on whos gonna win and why.....wheres everbody on this game?

navscanmaster
11-16-2009, 07:23 PM
I dont know if we were looking past a good Huffman team this past saturday or what but i agree we need to tighten up our pass defense. As far as our running defense we are pretty solid i think. We can score pretty quick and fast. Like i said I think its gonna be a very good game ! I aint getting anybodys opinion on whos gonna win it and why? Give me some feedback on whos gonna win and why.....wheres everbody on this game?

I think Navasota's defense is the better of the two. Both teams have good receivers, good backs, and dangerous dual threat QBs. I give Navasota the edge because of their defense. They have either shut out opponents or allowed only two offensive TDs in every game but Palestine. I think they can score three times against Silsbee to get the victory. It ain't going to be a cakewalk for either team any way you cut it, though. Last year, Silsbee kept scoring, but it was after they were down by two TDs, and Navasota didn't stop scoring.

HEMOTOXIC
11-16-2009, 07:25 PM

Well, I haven't seen Silsbee play this year or seen any film on them either. Naturally, Im a Rattler grad, so, I will go with the Rattlers. Im sure McGallion will have his Tigers ready for Navasota. What I can tell you is the Rattlers' defense is much improved. When the offense is clicking, Navasota is a top notch team. In the games that they lost this year, the defense definately wasn't the problem. They held a high scoring Cadwell Hornet team to 14 points and lost to Cameron by 2 in which one of the Yoemen's touchdowns came on a fumble that was returned for a touchdown. In addition, the defense has 4 shut outs this season.

OldBison75
11-16-2009, 07:32 PM
If it is an opinion you want--HERE GOES!!!!

Silsbee has proven that they can score and score big against some pretty good teams. Defensively they seem to give up points, but not enough to let the opponent outscore them. In that district, they have to be a better than average defense to survive. Johnson makes the Tigers go and if you can pressure him and contain him, he seems to throw more than a few bad passes that get picked off. I am way more scared of what he can do if he breaks frre from the rush and runs than his passing ability.

Navasota has an offense can score very quickly also when they are on track. They have a huge offensive line that has shown in a few games this year that they can take over a game. It is consistency that they have not shown week in and week out. Like Silsbee, the Rattler QB is a multiple threat QB and can take it to the house any time. Navasota has two running backs with very different styles that both can tote the rock effectively when used. The Navasota receivers are not as athletic as last years group but they are more than capable of catching the ball in traffic and have deceptive speed. Defensively the Rattlers have been outstanding all year. This group has the bend but don't break factor and plays the run or pass very well. The real strength of this group is the linebacker corps. There are three that are probably as good as most anyone in the state. These guys play the run well and are sure tacklers. The amazing thin is that they are all fast enough to cover backs and receivers down the field in passing plays.

I think the key to the game will be which Navasota Offense shows on the field this Friday. If the same offense that played the opening week against Henderson and the one that played Rockdale, Bellville, and Taylor is on the field, Navasota will win.
If the offense that showed up in other weeks is on the field, Silsbee wins. Neither team can afford turnovers and both offenses will make you pay. After the off week bye in the first round, I am really hoping the Rattlers will be ready and fine tuned.

My prediction is a close game with Navasota winning by a touchdown. Maybe a score of like 28-21.

Silsbee1989
11-16-2009, 07:37 PM
Theres alot of hype on our local news that Mcgallion used to coach in Navasota. I dont think nothing of it...lol I am like you I havent seen Navasota play or seen any film but I just know that Navasota will be Navasota and be ready for us and IF our boys are ready it will be a cat fight ! i would bet my pay-check we put up more than 14 points though. I think it will be 42-35 winner being whoever has the ball last and whoever makes the least amount of mistakes.

HEMOTOXIC
11-16-2009, 07:43 PM
NAVASOTA 35
Silsbee 21

OldBison75
11-16-2009, 07:45 PM
Yes, McGallion was at Navasota and was a damned good coach. Alot of people here still talk about him in fond terms. I don't think that him being your coach has any bearing on how you guys or Navasota will play though. As for you offer of betting your check, I'll just say that Navasota has not given up 30 points to anybody this year and some of the competition has a pretty good scoring average. I will be shocked if the Navasota defense give up over 28, but I have been wrong about my predictions on more than one occasion this year.

Silsbee1989
11-16-2009, 07:46 PM
NAVASOTA 35
Silsbee 21 Silsbee 42
Navasota 38

HEMOTOXIC
11-16-2009, 07:47 PM
Silsbee 42
Navasota 38

Can't wait til Friday. Speaking of Friday, last season, I was expecting more fans from Silsbee. What is the attendance like during home games for Silsbee?

Silsbee1989
11-16-2009, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by OldBison75
Yes, McGallion was at Navasota and was a damned good coach. Alot of people here still talk about him in fond terms. I don't think that him being your coach has any bearing on how you guys or Navasota will play though. As for you offer of betting your check, I'll just say that Navasota has not given up 30 points to anybody this year and some of the competition has a pretty good scoring average. I will be shocked if the Navasota defense give up over 28, but I have been wrong about my predictions on more than one occasion this year. I agree there shouldnt be any bearing of the outcome of the game with McGallion being our coach. and i also will have to say the same thing you said about which team shows up. If our team shows up that beat West Orange Stark then its game on and bring it!

Silsbee1989
11-16-2009, 07:54 PM
Can't wait til Friday. Speaking of Friday, last season, I was expecting more fans from Silsbee. What is the attendance like during home games for Silsbee? Very good..... Keep in mind we are a small town compared to ya'll. We normally have a good turn out for playoff games. Especially since this one should be so close and everybody is exspecting a victory !

HEMOTOXIC
11-16-2009, 07:56 PM
Very good..... Keep in mind we are a small town compared to ya'll. We normally have a good turn out for playoff games. Especially since this one should be so close and everybody is exspecting a victory !

Hey, we have around the same population. Around 7,000 or so for us.:D Navasota travels very well especially for the playoffs.

Silsbee1989
11-16-2009, 07:59 PM
. ???????

LH Panther Mom
11-16-2009, 08:02 PM
???????
LOL! I was just adding the poll. :)

Daddy D 11
11-16-2009, 08:03 PM
LOL! I was just adding the poll. :)

What do you know!:devil:

navscanmaster
11-16-2009, 08:04 PM
Silsbee 42
Navasota 38

No way either team gives up over 35. No way. FYI, the most points scored on the Rattlers this year was 24, with 8 coming from the opening kickoff against Cameron, in which one of our middle blockers received the kick and was stripped while stood up, and the stripper :evillol: returned it for a TD. An accidental two point conversion followed. The second highest total was the 20 scored by Palestine, which was the only game with three offensive TDs given up.

Silsbee1989
11-16-2009, 08:05 PM
LOL! I was just adding the poll. :) LOL....Im new and tried to figure out how to do that....Thanks for doing it

lulu
11-16-2009, 08:20 PM
Guess it's ok to name a RIII GOTW since it can be in the preferred area. Alrighty...I get it now.

Sorry Buckeyes.

Silsbee1989
11-16-2009, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by lulu
Guess it's ok to name a RIII GOTW since it can be in the preferred area. Alrighty...I get it now.

Sorry Buckeyes. :) :) :)
:clap: :clap:
GO TIGERS GO !!!

lulu
11-16-2009, 08:29 PM
Go Rattlers:clap: :clap:

Silsbee1989
11-16-2009, 08:29 PM
No way either team gives up over 35. No way. FYI, the most points scored on the Rattlers this year was 24, with 8 coming from the opening kickoff against Cameron, in which one of our middle blockers received the kick and was stripped while stood up, and the stripper :evillol: returned it for a TD. An accidental two point conversion followed. The second highest total was the 20 scored by Palestine, which was the only game with three offensive TDs given up. Man.....we are in the play-offs ANYTHING can happen and I promise you the TIGERS will leave it ALL on the grid iron !!!!!!!!!:hand: :hand:

LH Panther Mom
11-16-2009, 09:18 PM

Sorry Buckeyes.
Huh? You lost me on that one. ;)

I don't have a preferred area, but RIII needed a game, and Gilmer had GotW last week.

lulu
11-16-2009, 09:23 PM
Huh? You lost me on that one. ;)

I don't have a preferred area, but RIII needed a game, and Gilmer had GotW last week.

Guess I missed that. Last I saw there was not being one named since every playoff game was important so the RIII person was not naming one. Did I get it all wrong? My mind is a bit mushy of late.

LH Panther Mom
11-16-2009, 09:26 PM
Guess I missed that. Last I saw there was not being one named since every playoff game was important so the RIII person was not naming one. Did I get it all wrong? My mind is a bit mushy of late.
No, you got it right. I just overrode. :D

lulu
11-16-2009, 09:28 PM
No, you got it right. I just overrode. :D

You bad bad girl. Glad to see I've not totally lost it.:confused:

N4SIR
11-16-2009, 10:11 PM
No way either team gives up over 35. No way. FYI, the most points scored on the Rattlers this year was 24, with 8 coming from the opening kickoff against Cameron, in which one of our middle blockers received the kick and was stripped while stood up, and the stripper :evillol: returned it for a TD. An accidental two point conversion followed. The second highest total was the 20 scored by Palestine, which was the only game with three offensive TDs given up. Assuming your boys make it to the next round and my Buckeyes do too --- your Rattlers will give up over 35 points for the first time this year.

j_dog
11-16-2009, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by N4SIR
Assuming your boys make it to the next round and my Buckeyes do too --- your Rattlers will give up over 35 points for the first time this year.
Don't know about that, but if the game comes about sure hope I get to attend! :)

HEMOTOXIC
11-16-2009, 10:30 PM
Assuming your boys make it to the next round and my Buckeyes do too --- your Rattlers will give up over 35 points for the first time this year.

Don't get too confident. Your team has La Vega Saturday. Win that one, then we will talk what we think will happen next week. ;)

N4SIR
11-16-2009, 10:33 PM
I said "assuming".

Yoe_09
11-16-2009, 11:08 PM

I really think Gilmer will roll their way to state this year. They are way to talented and have too many weapons. I personally liked that game in 81 but I think it is all Gilmer this year.

easttexas3a
11-17-2009, 01:17 AM
I've kind of had Navasota circled since the start of the playoffs as the first true test for Gilmer. I hope we both can take care of business, I have a feeling we will both be seeing each other soon.
I wonder where the game might be played.

As for this game being the gotw for this region I agree. Best game on the list of games I saw. The R3 editor made a good point with the fact they are all important, but us fans enjoy having a spotlight game.

navscanmaster
11-17-2009, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by easttexas3a
I've kind of had Navasota circled since the start of the playoffs as the first true test for Gilmer. I hope we both can take care of business, I have a feeling we will both be seeing each other soon.
I wonder where the game might be played.

As for this game being the gotw for this region I agree. Best game on the list of games I saw. The R3 editor made a good point with the fact they are all important, but us fans enjoy having a spotlight game.

Agreed. As for the matchup, you couldn't have two more identical offenses matched up in the same game. I think all the experience that Darian Godfrey has, with two deep playoff runs already under his belt, is what gives Gilmer the edge against any opponent they play. But Silsbee has a similar offense, and they would love the opportunity to kill another giant. Navasota, I can promise you, is completely focused on Silsbee this week and should be ready. It would be foolish to think about Gilmer coming up, because all that would do is make me twitch and go pale.:(

Silsbee1989
11-17-2009, 10:23 AM
I think it would very FOOLISH to overlook anybody @ this point in the season.....ANYBODY can be beat. I hear there is rain in the forecast for friday so that could affect everybody also?????

HEMOTOXIC
11-17-2009, 12:23 PM
I think it would very FOOLISH to overlook anybody @ this point in the season.....ANYBODY can be beat. I hear there is rain in the forecast for friday so that could affect everybody also?????

Hopefully that rain will be over with by Friday night.

Silsbee1989
11-17-2009, 02:02 PM
Hopefully that rain will be over with by Friday night. We shall see.......either way i gotta good feeling about it !!!!

Superbacker 00'
11-17-2009, 03:18 PM
Im glad to see everbody including myself being modest about the out comes because playoffs can make memorys or break hearts
Gotta give Rattlers the nod
maybe more like 28-17

Silsbee1989
11-17-2009, 03:26 PM
Yea you are right about the memories and the heart break... I still think them Tigers will pull this one out but it will be a battle to the end. Either way 2 good teams that both deserve to be there. I hope whoever wins this one takes it all !!!!

Superbacker 00'
11-17-2009, 03:31 PM
Yea that would be sweet to have the winner friday night take it all but which team matches up with Gilmer or waco lavega better and why?

Silsbee1989
11-17-2009, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by Superbacker 00'
Yea that would be sweet to have the winner friday night take it all but which team matches up with Gilmer or waco lavega better and why? All I hear about is speed,speed,speed when it comes to Gilmer and I know absolutly nothing about Waco Lavega. I know ANYBODY can beat or have a off night when you get to this part in the season. I think Silsbee and Navasota are pretty equal. Both teams can score at will and have VERY good QB'S and offensive units. Should be a good close game. Hats off to the winner and good luck the rest of the way !!!

lulu
11-17-2009, 03:53 PM
It's not so much speed for Gilmer. It's just the total package that is soooo hard to over come. If one area has a bad game they have lots of depth to pick up the slack. A well run machine that comes with a lot of intensity. You just have to see them at their best to really appreciate their talent. Hopefully they will be at their best for the rest of the playoffs.

I have no idea which team would match up best but if there is a good match...it will be a game you will not want to miss.

I'm sure there is a lot of talented teams out there that i have not seen but Gilmer is fun to watch.

I wish all of you who have playoff hopes .....Good Luck. But just enjoy the time you get to experience. Not many teams can. So we just enjoy the experience by proxy .

Silsbee1989
11-17-2009, 04:04 PM
It's not so much speed for Gilmer. It's just the total package that is soooo hard to over come. If one area has a bad game they have lots of depth to pick up the slack. A well run machine that comes with a lot of intensity. You just have to see them at their best to really appreciate their talent. Hopefully they will be at their best for the rest of the playoffs.

So are you pretty much saying they cant be beat ?

lulu
11-17-2009, 04:05 PM
Oh ....and i pick Navasota.

lulu
11-17-2009, 04:12 PM

So are you pretty much saying they cant be beat ?

Absolutely not. Any team can be beat. I am only saying that it will not be an easy task. AND they are very fun to watch. The abundance of talent that they have in every area of the team is amazing. Of course they are beatable......but won't be easy and won't be pretty. Who knows...lots can happen when you get into this time of the year.

But IMO they will bring home the bling. Like I said though ,,,I have not seen the teams that will likely meet up with them.

lulu
11-17-2009, 04:17 PM
Hey Silsbee 1989.....I know a young Lady that was from Silsbee. Her name is LeAnn ans she sings...mostly gospel. Cannot remember her last name and it was many years ago but she would probably be about 45 years old. Any clue? Maybe I will remember her maiden name. Maybe not.

Not to hijack the thread but just wondering.

Silsbee1989
11-17-2009, 04:20 PM
Hey Silsbee 1989.....I know a young Lady that was from Silsbee. Her name is LeAnn ans she sings...mostly gospel. Cannot remember her last name and it was many years ago but she would probably be about 45 years old. Any clue? Maybe I will remember her maiden name. Maybe not.

Not to hijack the thread but just wondering. No clue...im only 37 but if you knew her lastname I would probally know her because I have lived here my whole life. If you think of it let me know......

lulu
11-17-2009, 04:22 PM
No clue...im only 37 but if you knew her lastname I would probally know her because I have lived here my whole life. If you think of it let me know...... Bayless was her last name.

Silsbee1989
11-17-2009, 04:26 PM
Bayless was her last name. I knew a Sabrina Bayless but no Leann...Sorry

navscanmaster
11-17-2009, 08:57 PM
Go Rattlers!

Silsbee1989
11-17-2009, 10:13 PM
Them cats will be on the prowl come friday night !!!!!!

zebrablue2
11-17-2009, 10:16 PM
Them cats will be on the prowl come friday night !!!!!!

them snakes will be waiting in their path of the prowl, and strike fast.. go rattlers!!

Silsbee1989
11-17-2009, 10:34 PM
We all know what them cats do to those snakes.....EAT'EM UP !!!

trojandad
11-17-2009, 11:06 PM
Very good..... Keep in mind we are a small town compared to ya'll. We normally have a good turn out for playoff games. Especially since this one should be so close and everybody is exspecting a victory !

wait a sec, hold the phone.....silsbee is a small town?!?!? you couldn't spell "small town" if we spotted you the first eight letters....lol......you guys have a walmart, car dealers, mc donalds, taco bell, kfc, nationally backed banks, and a city limits sign of 6,393.......we have none of the above and a city limits sign of 691.....and you have a football facility that is often mistaken for the one at sam houston state university........

but your right, you travel well.......

HEMOTOXIC
11-17-2009, 11:11 PM
but your right, you travel well.......

We will see how well they travel Friday. I was shocked that Silsbee didn't have more fans last season against the Rattlers and Huffman.

trojandad
11-17-2009, 11:15 PM
in basketball we've met them several times recently, once in the quarters a few yrs ago.....they were loud and school supported with lots of buses shipping school kids more than parents.....

HEMOTOXIC
11-17-2009, 11:26 PM
in basketball we've met them several times recently, once in the quarters a few yrs ago.....they were loud and school supported with lots of buses shipping school kids more than parents.....

I haven't seen them play in basketball. However, if they are anything like their district rival, HJ, I know that they are loud, proud, and travel very well.

navscanmaster
11-17-2009, 11:47 PM
I just can't believe it has been 13 years since McGallion's big run in Navasota.:eek:

HEMOTOXIC
11-17-2009, 11:48 PM
I just can't believe it has been 13 years since McGallion's big run in Navasota.:eek:

Yes, you are getting old my friend. LOL:D

navscanmaster
11-17-2009, 11:51 PM
Yes, you are getting old my friend. LOL:D

To think that at homecoming next year, when the announcer says for the class of 2001 to stand up, I will be standing up.....:(

On a completely relevant and related topic, my shoulder hurts and my knees are popping a lot lately.:(

HEMOTOXIC
11-17-2009, 11:52 PM
ttt

HEMOTOXIC
11-18-2009, 01:19 PM
Wow, I just saw the updated forecast. Looks like it will be a soaker on Friday. Once again, I do hope that the heaviest of the rain is over by gametime. :(

Silsbee1989
11-18-2009, 02:34 PM
Wow, I just saw the updated forecast. Looks like it will be a soaker on Friday. Once again, I do hope that the heaviest of the rain is over by gametime. :( HMMMMM.......We did pretty good against WOS in the mud bowl this year .....

venomous tat2
11-18-2009, 03:40 PM
HMMMMM.......We did pretty good against WOS in the mud bowl this year .....

It won't matter if it's on Turff , they drain pretty fast .

HEMOTOXIC
11-18-2009, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by venomous tat2
It won't matter if it's on Turff , they drain pretty fast .

True. I just hope that the rain doesnt damper the fan support from both schools.

Silsbee1989
11-18-2009, 04:38 PM
True. I just hope that the rain doesnt damper the fan support from both schools. I will be there regaurdless !!!!!! I sat thru the mud bowl against WOS.

Superbacker 00'
11-18-2009, 04:40 PM
yeah this time of year you got to make adjustments according to weather instead of trying to proceed with your normal game plans makeing the weather an advantage :D

HEMOTOXIC
11-18-2009, 04:42 PM
yeah this time of year you got to make adjustments according to weather instead of trying to proceed with your normal game plans makeing the weather an advantage :D

Could get interesting come Friday. Can't wait.

Silsbee1989
11-18-2009, 04:51 PM
Could get interesting come Friday. Can't wait. Why you say that???

HEMOTOXIC
11-18-2009, 05:01 PM
Why you say that???

Just that both teams run the spread offense and the weather may be bad...

Silsbee1989
11-18-2009, 05:07 PM
Just that both teams run the spread offense and the weather may be bad... O I C..........

Superbacker 00'
11-19-2009, 08:55 AM
if it comes down to smash mouth football then Navasota's o line can be the game changer which can be the case without bad weather also

Silsbee1989
11-19-2009, 10:19 AM
if it comes down to smash mouth football then Navasota's o line can be the game changer which can be the case without bad weather also I dont know about that.....We played for 4 quarters last week against a scrappy Huffman team and played smash mouth run the football down your throat football all night long. We can get you running or passing !

Superbacker 00'
11-19-2009, 01:47 PM
I doubt it but i like your spunk:D

Silsbee1989
11-19-2009, 01:52 PM
I doubt it but i like your spunk:D We will see tomorrow night !!!!!!!!

Superbacker 00'
11-19-2009, 01:56 PM
your going to think theres a title wave coming when you stare across that field into the heart of Rattler Nation! AKa The Jungle:nerd:

Silsbee1989
11-19-2009, 01:59 PM
your going to think theres a title wave coming when you stare across that field into the heart of Rattler Nation! AKa The Jungle:nerd: Well .....the rattler nation wont be playing on the field and it sounds like alot more people to ride home late upset because they lost.....:(

Superbacker 00'
11-19-2009, 01:59 PM
By the way if yall come up on the short side of the stick are yall gonna back the boys in blue for the rest of the way?:D

Silsbee1989
11-19-2009, 02:01 PM
By the way if yall come up on the short side of the stick are yall gonna back the boys in blue for the rest of the way?:D Yesb sir I will......I have already said whoever wins this one I hope goes all the way !!! What about you????? you gonna back the boys in maroon ?

Superbacker 00'
11-19-2009, 02:03 PM
that could be the case guess we only got one more day to wait. by the way I played under Magalen or how ever you spell it his program was there untill my soph. yr good coach

Silsbee1989
11-19-2009, 02:06 PM
that could be the case guess we only got one more day to wait. by the way I played under Magalen or how ever you spell it his program was there untill my soph. yr good coach Are you talking about McGallion? If so his family is from silsbee and I played for his Younger brother Craig. He was my football/powerlifting coach and they are ALL class acts. Craig is know coaching at the College level...Lamar Cardinals.

Superbacker 00'
11-19-2009, 02:08 PM
He knows what to be ready for when dealing with the Rattlers
on Off. speed speed speed
on def. speed speed, and hard hittin head hunters:doh:

Silsbee1989
11-19-2009, 02:27 PM
He knows what to be ready for when dealing with the Rattlers
on Off. speed speed speed
on def. speed speed, and hard hittin head hunters:doh: FUNNY !!!!! Thats exactly what somebody from Navasota said about them mean and nasty Tigers...lol

You never answered me......If ya'll come up on the short end of the stick will you back the boys in maroon ??????

HEMOTOXIC
11-19-2009, 07:19 PM
Go Snakes!

Time to support your team Rattler Nation!

martwayne
11-19-2009, 07:58 PM
no way anyone from rattler nation will support silsbee if ya'll win, thats why in our town they call us TRUE rattler backers.

GO RATTLERS!!!!!!!!!!!

p.s. my pick on this game:

Navasota 24
Silsbee 13

OldBison75
11-19-2009, 08:04 PM
I can tell you that most of the Rattler fans will support Silsbee if they are the winners tommorrow night. BUT, we really like our chances and believe wee will be in the stands as the Rattler Nation moves on next week. Lots of people here remember McGallion and like him and his family--that would get you support any other week but this one.

HEMOTOXIC
11-19-2009, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by OldBison75
I can tell you that most of the Rattler fans will support Silsbee if they are the winners tommorrow night. BUT, we really like our chances and believe wee will be in the stands as the Rattler Nation moves on next week. Lots of people here remember McGallion and like him and his family--that would get you support any other week but this one.

Ok, I'm expecting a full house.

Silsbee1989
11-19-2009, 09:01 PM
Ok, I'm expecting a full house. Bring your umbrellas boys !!!!!! It might be a typhoon !!! :eek: :eek:

HEMOTOXIC
11-19-2009, 09:40 PM
Bring your umbrellas boys !!!!!! It might be a typhoon !!! :eek: :eek:

Hey, Tigers can't swim!:cheerl:

Superbacker 00'
11-20-2009, 08:11 AM
Game Day is here Rattler Nation get crunk! doomsday for silsbee..lol:clap:

ronwx5x
11-20-2009, 09:33 AM
Bring your umbrellas boys !!!!!! It might be a typhoon !!! :eek: :eek:

It has only rained a small amount here in The Woodlands. It is supposedly going to clear out this afternoon and be dry by game time. Woodforest has artificial turf so no problem there.

The big rain all fell south of here.

striker
11-20-2009, 10:14 AM
You should be able to follow the LIVE Stream tonight on Navasota News 1550
www.navasotanews.com

HEMOTOXIC
11-20-2009, 10:27 AM
GO SNAKES!

trojandad
11-20-2009, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
It has only rained a small amount here in The Woodlands. It is supposedly going to clear out this afternoon and be dry by game time. Woodforest has artificial turf so no problem there.

The big rain all fell south of here.

where are you going tonight, ron? it's not very far from the woodlands to conroe....:nerd:

ronwx5x
11-20-2009, 10:42 AM
where are you going tonight, ron? it's not very far from the woodlands to conroe....:nerd:

Going to have to drive to Fort Worth to help my daughter move into her new apartment so no games tonight. I did see Coldspring whomp on Shepherd this year!

My plan is, if we have time, to go to the Gilmer/LaVega game in Mesquite tomorrow afternoon. Meeting up with Waterboy if I can make it. I would love to stay here and see a close-by game but duty calls. Good Luck tonight.

Silsbee1989
11-20-2009, 01:18 PM
GAME TIME !!!!!!!! All the smack talking will be over tonight !!!!

trojandad
11-20-2009, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
Going to have to drive to Fort Worth to help my daughter move into her new apartment so no games tonight. I did see Coldspring whomp on Shepherd this year!

My plan is, if we have time, to go to the Gilmer/LaVega game in Mesquite tomorrow afternoon. Meeting up with Waterboy if I can make it. I would love to stay here and see a close-by game but duty calls. Good Luck tonight.

shepherd surprised a bunch of us this year, they almost snuck into huffman's playoff spot.....i'm sure your daughter appreciates it, take care driving in this wet weather.....i'd be interested to hear your thoughts on gilmer when you see them, you were right in your valuation of us last year....thanks for the good wishes, heres hoping we don't have "too many fat little girlfriends"......

thought about you when he went off, i STILL laugh about him, he's off the charts....

HEMOTOXIC
11-20-2009, 06:10 PM
Good Luck and safe traveling.

GO SNAKES!