PDA

View Full Version : Gilmer vs. Waco La Vega 2nd Round

easttexas3a
11-14-2009, 10:41 PM
Don't know much about La Vega, how do you guys think they will stack up. Gilmer played extremely well vs. Jasper.

XtremeCouture
11-14-2009, 11:01 PM
lavega's justice system got them to the state title game last year. i think the thug is gone though now

Yoe_09
11-14-2009, 11:08 PM
Gilmer should roll in this one. La Vegas district was generally weak

IHStangFan
11-14-2009, 11:16 PM
Gilmer will hammer La Vega.

Gilmer 58
LV 21

easttexas3a
11-15-2009, 12:55 AM
I would figure La Vega has a good coaching staff, considering how many wins they seemingly have racked up over the past few years, have always seemed to be known as a very athletic team. Does La Vega mainly run or pass?

I think Gilmer will win 49-14

Them only beating Athens by a point makes me question how good they are, Athens is not a very good football team.

M-town lobo fan
11-15-2009, 03:36 AM
Gilmer is a 4A school beating on 3A.Wait till they get moved up like Everman or Aledo?

Txbroadcaster
11-15-2009, 03:41 AM
Originally posted by M-town lobo fan
Gilmer is a 4A school beating on 3A.Wait till they get moved up like Everman or Aledo?

LOL uhh no..Gilmer turned in 628 FAR FAR FAR from being near 4A

and BTW they turned in 701 last time..so they lost students

easttexas3a
11-15-2009, 05:35 AM

I almost spewed my drink out. Gilmer will be closer to 2a numbers this next time around then they will be 3a.

easttexas3a
11-15-2009, 05:42 AM
This game scares me a bit because La Vega is a running team, Gilmer is coming off a big win and might come out flat. Plus I feel like the Mesquite road trip might bug us just a bit. I think we will turn on the jets in the second half though.

Gilmer needs to play sound crisp football regardless of what happens though. LAst years team beat a pretty decent diboll team ina big blowout and came back the next week flat vs. what we all thought was a very winnable mexia game.

One thing Gilmer has on its side though, I think 15 people touched the ball vs. Jasper, we just have tons of weapons.

GTownballer
11-15-2009, 09:52 AM
I fully expect Vance Green, to be 100% this coming week also,,Chestnut might be iffy.....Can Gus Osburne turn on the afterburners or what,,5'10,,205lbs,,and just torched Jaspers's corners and safety....LaVega had a tuff time with, Athens, and I think Athens has lost a few times, with 1 loss being to Van,, and Van pretty much go dominated by Quinlan...So ownestly I don't think this is a close game..especially with Vance Green back in the mix...

M-town lobo fan
11-15-2009, 10:16 AM

My bad Gilmer No disrespect,You guys just beating on teams like Redheaded stepchilds.I dont see anyone beating you this year.You guys are lighting up the scoreboards every week

plpsftball
11-15-2009, 10:21 AM
LaVega is a run heavy team that may pass 10 times a game. We have 4 or 5 backs that could get carries. The main problem is they are very inconsistent all year. I am pulling for LV but dont really see it happening

injuredinmelee
11-15-2009, 10:23 AM
Gilmer by however many they choose.

plpsftball
11-15-2009, 10:36 AM
I hope not atleast we could keep it close

garciap77
11-15-2009, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by easttexas3a
Don't know much about La Vega, how do you guys think they will stack up. Gilmer played extremely well vs. Jasper.

I really think La Vega has no chance!:D If they beat Gilmer it will be the biggest upset in 3A football history!

Go Gilmer!:clap: :clap: :clap:

lostaussie
11-15-2009, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by garciap77
I really think La Vega has no chance!:D If they beat Gilmer it will be the biggest upset in 3A football history!

Go Gilmer!:clap: :clap: :clap: I hear we need a photographer:D

plpsftball
11-15-2009, 11:10 AM
thanks for the support from abilene

Buckeye80
11-15-2009, 04:48 PM
This is one of those "trap games" where on paper, the Buckeyes should win by 50. I have no doubt Coach Traylor will keep the kids' heads focused on La Vega to avoid another 05 Canton showing. Gilmer should win, and I believe they will.

LE Dad
11-15-2009, 04:54 PM
Gilmer is a 4A school beating on 3A.Wait till they get moved up like Everman or Aledo? LOL If Gilmer played Aledo I would put my money on Gilmer.:clap: :clap:

Rocket
11-15-2009, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
LOL If Gilmer played Aledo I would put my money on Gilmer.:clap: :clap:

Are you seriously this dumb? Or just acting like it?

j_dog
11-15-2009, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
Are you seriously this dumb? Or just acting like it?
he's not dumb. smart. The Gilmer team I saw yesterday could line up with just about any high school team I have ever seen. regardless of classification. I discounted the reported raft of D1 players. not any more.

waterboy
11-16-2009, 10:30 AM
:eek: Wow.....I had to go to page 3 to see this?:doh:

Honestly, I don't know much about LaVega, but I can't see them having enough to pull the upset. As long as our Buckeyes prepare, and play with intensity, they should be fine in this one. The defense has to step it up a little the further we go into the playoffs, though, and the offense has to continue playing like they have. The special teams have done a good job, too. Overall, I like this Buckeye team!:D

Pawdaddy
11-16-2009, 10:46 AM
Gilmer will not have a problem after the ride to Mesquite. They will not have a problem against this run heavy team. And they will not have a problem putting points on the board early, late and often in the game.

These guys are hungry and they are just getting hungrier the deeper into the playoffs they go. I predicted the Buckeyes to beat Jasper 55-19. It turned out 57-21. Gilmer will handle La Vega and you will see No. 2 QB toss at least one TD of his own. Gilmer 64, La Vega 13. So let it be written, so let it be done!

pirate4state
11-16-2009, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by Rocket
Are you seriously this dumb? Or just acting like it? Poor little Rocket. Step outside your bubble. Gilmer is the real deal.

pirate4state
11-16-2009, 10:54 AM
The question on La Vega shouldn't be about their offense, but their defense. Seriously, who to date has been able to even slow Gilmer down? Besides Gilmer? LOL

ccmom
11-16-2009, 10:58 AM
To say LV's defense struggled against Abilene Wylie would be an understatement. :eek: That was early in the season, so perhaps they have tightened up, but I don't see them giving Gilmer much of a game this week.

Good luck to both! :clap:

waterboy
11-16-2009, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by Pawdaddy
Gilmer will not have a problem after the ride to Mesquite. They will not have a problem against this run heavy team. And they will not have a problem putting points on the board early, late and often in the game.

These guys are hungry and they are just getting hungrier the deeper into the playoffs they go. I predicted the Buckeyes to beat Jasper 55-19. It turned out 57-21. Gilmer will handle La Vega and you will see No. 2 QB toss at least one TD of his own. Gilmer 64, La Vega 13. So let it be written, so let it be done!
I hope you're right, Pawdaddy! You were spot on with that Jasper game prediction, at least margin wise.:clap: I'm sensing the same thing as you are about the players being hungry, and I hope they continue to impress. Have you noticed that instead of putting our 2nd string QB (Luke Turner) in the game, the Buckeyes have been putting in another coach's son, the 4th stringer, Jordan Traylor (assuming Luke Turner is 2nd and Braylon Webb is 3rd)?:thinking: I wonder who's son that is?:D

Rabid Cougar
11-16-2009, 12:06 PM
WHY do we bother? Just crown them Big 12 Champs and head to the Rose Bowl. No wait.... we will give them the BCS Championship! We are all just mere mortals compared to Gilmer.

This self love is for the birds.

waterboy
11-16-2009, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by Rabid Cougar
WHY do we bother? Just crown them Big 12 Champs and head to the Rose Bowl. No wait.... we will give them the BCS Championship! We are all just mere mortals compared to Gilmer.

Dude.....come on! We're just having a little fun. The Buckeyes haven't won anything YET, and if you'll notice most of the accolades are coming from posters from other towns. We're proud of our team, and we like the way they are playing, but they still have to go out there on the field and get it done. We're not being delusional in that we like our chances at a title, either.:p

Pawdaddy
11-16-2009, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by Rabid Cougar

Besides all that, it is not "self love." I couldn't keep up with........well, maybe even you, but this Buckeye team is for real and even you will understand in time whether you admit it or not. And, these Buckeyes might not win the Rose Bowl, but the Big 12 North might, just might, be a possibility!!!:stirpot: :stirpot: :stirpot:

waterboy
11-16-2009, 12:32 PM
Besides all that, it is not "self love." I couldn't keep up with........well, maybe even you, but this Buckeye team is for real and even you will understand in time whether you admit it or not. And, these Buckeyes might not win the Rose Bowl, but the Big 12 North might, just might, be a possibility!!!:stirpot: :stirpot: :stirpot:
I like your confidence, Pawdaddy, but I ain't ready to order no ring yet!:eek: :D

headhunter
11-16-2009, 12:36 PM
I think Gilmer wins this one, UNLESS they let Chris Parr out of jail this week and turn him loose on the football field. He is tough to tackle.

I wonder, is Mr. Parr going to be committing to any colleges come Febuary?

Cadetdad
11-16-2009, 12:42 PM
Be kinda hard for Parr to help from California.

Rabid Cougar
11-16-2009, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by headhunter
I think Gilmer wins this one, UNLESS they let Chris Parr out of jail this week and turn him loose on the football field. He is tough to tackle.

I wonder, is Mr. Parr going to be committing to any colleges come Febuary?

I don't think so.

He was tough to tackle until you popped him good then he quit. Saw him do that twice, LV lost bost both games.

Rabid Cougar
11-16-2009, 02:52 PM
It was the QB Wilson that made LaVega that good. It wasn't Parr. Cadetdad with back me on that one.

plpsftball
11-16-2009, 03:24 PM
I say it was Danzel and the center Samford that made the offense click last year.

Daddy D 11
11-16-2009, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
The question on La Vega shouldn't be about their offense, but their defense. Seriously, who to date has been able to even slow Gilmer down? Besides Gilmer? LOL

We did:D

waterboy
11-16-2009, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
What's that thumpin' noise I hear down your way? THUMP....THUMP.....THUMP! :D We're still playing FOOTBALL! 2007 was two years ago.....:eek: ....and you're still living in the past!:doh: :D

pirate4state
11-16-2009, 04:10 PM
We did:D :doh: Poor Daddy D, please join us in 2009. :p

easttexas3a
11-16-2009, 05:08 PM
I also noticed Jordan Traylor is who is picking up the mop up duties. I think the reason is because Luke Turner and Braylon Webb are both so important to us at their starting positions you can't risk them getting injured handing the ball off with 7 minutes left to go. I do believe if stump were to go out for a quarter or something like that Luke Turner would step in.

waterboy
11-16-2009, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by easttexas3a
I also noticed Jordan Traylor is who is picking up the mop up duties. I think the reason is because Luke Turner and Braylon Webb are both so important to us at their starting positions you can't risk them getting injured handing the ball off with 7 minutes left to go. I do believe if stump were to go out for a quarter or something like that Luke Turner would step in.
It's kinda hard for Stump to get his reps in if you score on every other play.:eek: He'll play 3 quarters from here on out, regardless of the score, just to get enough reps in to stay sharp. I hope Jordan gets plenty of reps in the playoffs. After all, he needs the experience.........and if he does get to play that means we are winning big!:D

JT44
11-16-2009, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by XtremeCouture
lavega's justice system got them to the state title game last year. i think the thug is gone though now

Don't you mean lack of it.... Gilmer rolls, hopefully Cuero does to, I have been waitin a long time to see Gilmer play

easttexas3a
11-16-2009, 05:56 PM
Can't believe it is just monday, I wish we could just line up and play tonight.

lulu
11-16-2009, 08:53 PM

Not lately:rolleyes:

Daddy D 11
11-16-2009, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by lulu
Not lately:rolleyes:

He said to date. Which means any time to date in history. So take that:taunt:

38-13:eek: :devil: :D

lulu
11-16-2009, 09:02 PM
He said to date. Which means any time to date in history. So take that:taunt:

38-13:eek: :devil: :D

You take it......and all those cute little thingies you posted that I don't have.:D

How ya doing Daddy? Just jacking with you.

Daddy D 11
11-16-2009, 09:04 PM
You take it......and all those cute little thingies you posted that I don't have.:D

How ya doing Daddy? Just jacking with you.

I'm doing phenomenal! Yourself? I look forward to watching the Buckeyes in State IF they get there;)

lulu
11-16-2009, 09:11 PM
I'm doing phenomenal! Yourself? I look forward to watching the Buckeyes in State IF they get there;)

Doing all the good. They have the potential to do it. More so than any team I've see. But then I have not had the opportunity to see the teams they will likely meet. I don't usually say I think any ONE team will win State but I really believe Gilmer will. I also think Carthage will. Gonna be a East Texas Rally:D We might get a Reg III GOTW one day if we "earn" some respect.....or move a little closer to the Hill Country.:D :D

OldBison75
11-16-2009, 09:34 PM
Hey guys and lulu,
just look at last week's game thread--it was the game of the week for Region 3 between Gilmer and Jasper.

Gilmer is probably gonna win state and will get plenty of attention and being from nearer to the Hill Country don't really help. But, I'll tell you what, if Gilmer promises to play a game with a final score closer than 55-14, I will personally nomonate them for GOTW next week.

lulu
11-16-2009, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by OldBison75
Hey guys and lulu,
just look at last week's game thread--it was the game of the week for Region 3 between Gilmer and Jasper.

Gilmer is probably gonna win state and will get plenty of attention and being from nearer to the Hill Country don't really help. But, I'll tell you what, if Gilmer promises to play a game with a final score closer than 55-14, I will personally nomonate them for GOTW next week.

But not named that officially by the RegIII editor. Panther Mom said she OverRode though. So it got credit anyway. But only because she stepped in.
Hey Coach they don't pick how many points the opponents score.

Don't blame the Gilmer guys cause of my b......in.:D I shoulder all the blame for what I post.

OldBison75
11-16-2009, 09:46 PM
I know--I was just messing with you guys and getting in a hope that Gilmer will keep next weeks playoff game closer than I posted---if Navasota wins this week--they play Gilmer. And LHPM made the pick for game of the week this week too. The Reg 3 editor does not pick GOTW during the playoffs by choice.

NOTICE WHERE I POST FROM!!!!!!!!!!!!

lulu
11-16-2009, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by OldBison75
I know--I was just messing with you guys and getting in a hope that Gilmer will keep next weeks playoff game closer than I posted---if Navasota wins this week--they play Gilmer. And LHPM made the pick for game of the week this week too. The Reg 3 editor does not pick GOTW during the playoffs by choice.

NOTICE WHERE I POST FROM!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know and I love the Rattlers....it's gonna be hard to see the two face off. But I will have to go with my district 17 team from down the road. Hope you understand if it comes to that.

That was what I was b...in about was the Editor sissying out. No disrespect intended. Thank goodness for LHPM. She ain't skeered.

garciap77
11-16-2009, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
I hear we need a photographer:D

:D

I'm going under the knife, so no more pictures for awhile, unless we meet with you in the final!:D I'll be there taking pictures with one arm!:D

I hope I can bring my bodyguard with me!:D

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/chimp-1.jpg

;)

garciap77
11-16-2009, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by j_dog
he's not dumb. smart. The Gilmer team I saw yesterday could line up with just about any high school team I have ever seen. regardless of classification. I discounted the reported raft of D1 players. not any more.

:thinking: But, can they line up with the Brownwood Lions?:thinking:

I guess we will never know!:D

garciap77
11-16-2009, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
What's that thumpin' noise I hear down your way? THUMP....THUMP.....THUMP! :D We're still playing FOOTBALL! 2007 was two years ago.....:eek: ....and you're still living in the past!:doh: :D

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-sport001.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-sport001.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-sport001.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

lulu
11-16-2009, 10:27 PM

I'm going under the knife, so no more pictures for awhile, unless we meet with you in the final!:D I'll be there taking pictures with one arm!:D

;)

That can be done...I do it all the time but I've has 57 years of practice of doing things with just one arm:D Nothing to it:D

garciap77
11-16-2009, 10:28 PM
lulu?

lulu
11-16-2009, 10:32 PM
lulu? Yes?

lostaussie
11-17-2009, 06:30 AM
That can be done...I do it all the time but I've has 57 years of practice of doing things with just one arm:D Nothing to it:D come to the game.............you can sit by me:D

Aesculus gilmus
11-17-2009, 07:10 AM
Gilmer ran up the score the other day to take "Code Red" revenge on the Bulldogs.

Oh wait. Wrong Bulldogs. They've never lost to the ones they played Saturday.

Are there any other teams we might play named the Bulldogs? I hope they don't mistake you for Carthage also.

In truth, the Buckeyes runs up the score because the other team can't stop them. It's as simple as that.

waterboy
11-17-2009, 08:39 AM
Where did that come from? Nobody even mentioned running up the score. When the Buckeyes get on a roll offensively they go full throttle and don't let up until the 4th quarter, although, when up big, they do substitute more freely. It's up to the other team to keep them from scoring, and the second or third stringers want to score, too.

Aesculus gilmus
11-17-2009, 09:49 AM
I think that's what I just said. I am making light of the fact the revenge-minded have been dashed in their "Code Red" hopes for the season.

Oops, did I just say "dashed"? I think this was a previous season's slogan as well.

ccmom
11-17-2009, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus

Are there any other teams we might play named the Bulldogs?

I'm betting you already know the answer to that question. :thinking:

waterboy
11-17-2009, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by ccmom
I'm betting you already know the answer to that question. :thinking:

:thumbsup: That would be cool. We need another team with the Bulldog mascot to beat up on.:D We're not looking that far down the road, though. We still have some Pirates to take care of this week.

ccmom
11-17-2009, 11:09 AM
:thumbsup: That would be cool. We need another team with the Bulldog mascot to beat up on.:D We're not looking that far down the road, though. We still have some Pirates to take care of this week.

Agreed....another Gilmer vs. Wylie game would be awesome! :thumbsup:

Not counting any chickens yet over here either, though. :)

Good luck to your Buckeyes this week! :clap:

BuckeyeNut
11-17-2009, 11:14 AM
Ok this is the playoffs and you play hard for 60mins. You dont let up until the other team has quit. 21 points in the 1st hope you cant keep up.:D :D

Pawdaddy
11-17-2009, 01:40 PM
Run up the score? What do you want, the Buckeyes to take a knee every time they get the ball? Gilmer ran a total of 10 offensive plays in the second half against Jasper. The Buckeyes scored touchdowns on 3 of them. Is that running up the score?

Quit whining. If you want to run with the big Buckeyes, I mean dogs, then run. If you don't, go home.

lostaussie
11-17-2009, 01:57 PM
Run up the score? What do you want, the Buckeyes to take a knee every time they get the ball? Gilmer ran a total of 10 offensive plays in the second half against Jasper. The Buckeyes scored touchdowns on 3 of them. Is that running up the score?

Quit whining. If you want to run with the big Buckeyes, I mean dogs, then run. If you don't, go home. nobody's whining..............they save all that for smoaky.com:D

lulu
11-17-2009, 02:48 PM
come to the game.............you can sit by me:D

Thank you Aussie....I hope to make the game but I am having a medical procedure Friday AM and have no idea what to expect as to how I will be feeling. I know they will be putting me to sleep for a short time so we'll see. Very kind of you to offer.:)

lulu
11-17-2009, 02:52 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by garciap77
[B]:D

lulu
11-17-2009, 02:57 PM
Sorry I messed up trying to post under that picture of Waterboy.
Ain't he cute?

Was asking what you were having done if it's not too personal.
If it is...forgive me for asking. Good luck and I will be thinking of you.:)

ccmom
11-17-2009, 03:02 PM
Sorry I messed up trying to post under that picture of Waterboy.
Ain't he cute?

Was asking what you were having done if it's not too personal.
If it is...forgive me for asking. Good luck and I will be thinking of you.:)

He's having shoulder surgery today, lulu.

lulu
11-17-2009, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
He's having shoulder surgery today, lulu.

Thank you...I kind of thought it might be shoulder since he said he could not take pictures. I will send up a little prayer. Please let me know if you hear how it went.

I will miss his pictures. He's such a hoot.:)

Buckeye1980
11-18-2009, 10:18 AM
Oh how I have missed my Buckeyes in person this year, it has been a helluva year. I do listen every week and will until the end . I am doin much better (THANKS for the prayers!) but having another heart cath next Tuesday. I know the ARMY of BUCKEYES are makin enough noise for me ( especailly Waterboy!) Prediction Gilmer 45 LeVega 16 !

waterboy
11-18-2009, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by Buckeye1980
Oh how I have missed my Buckeyes in person this year, it has been a helluva year. I do listen every week and will until the end . I am doin much better (THANKS for the prayers!) but having another heart cath next Tuesday. I know the ARMY of BUCKEYES are makin enough noise for me ( especailly Waterboy!) Prediction Gilmer 45 LeVega 16 !
:thinking: You know me well, don't you?:thinking: I ain't one to be shy about making some NOISE! Those people that sit on their hands irk me. GET INTO THE GAME and MAKE SOME NOISE! You are a wuss if you don't. I hate that you have to miss these games because you are missing shear electicity. The crowd this year is making noise and really getting into the games. Read the Gilmer Mirror today and see what Coach Traylor has to say about the crowd.:clap:

Cadetdad
11-18-2009, 04:19 PM
La Vega is definately not the same team without Danzel Wilson/QB from last year. He was the leader for that team and made them click, this year they have an inexperience guy and not much of a defense so i dont see them winning, but the HC will pull out EVERY TRICK IN THE BOOK to win...so you better keep on your toes Gilmer.

lulu
11-18-2009, 04:31 PM
:thinking: You know me well, don't you?:thinking: I ain't one to be shy about making some NOISE! Those people that sit on their hands irk me. GET INTO THE GAME and MAKE SOME NOISE! You are a wuss if you don't. I hate that you have to miss these games because you are missing shear electicity. The crowd this year is making noise and really getting into the games. Read the Gilmer Mirror today and see what Coach Traylor has to say about the crowd.:clap:

He was on TV last week saying that "it is never enough for the Gilmer fans....no matter how good they do it's never enough" may not have been exactly those words but that was the message. He sounded a little discouraged. Maybe ya'll stepping up the support will make him feel better.

lostaussie
11-18-2009, 04:48 PM
He was on TV last week saying that "it is never enough for the Gilmer fans....no matter how good they do it's never enough" may not have been exactly those words but that was the message. He sounded a little discouraged. Maybe ya'll stepping up the support will make him feel better. He's not discouraged. Jeff wants to win it as bad as any fan out there. But...........he knows the expectations are high!!!

Gobbler Fan
11-18-2009, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by Cadetdad
La Vega is definately not the same team without Danzel Wilson/QB from last year. He was the leader for that team and made them click, this year they have an inexperience guy and not much of a defense so i dont see them winning, but the HC will pull out EVERY TRICK IN THE BOOK to win...so you better keep on your toes Gilmer.

Or the same team without the WLV justice (penal) system lending a hand ...

Buckeyes roll in this one :devil:

lulu
11-18-2009, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by Gobbler Fan
Or the same team without the WLV justice (penal) system lending a hand ...

Buckeyes roll in this one :devil:

What do I not know that you guys keep referring to?

lulu
11-18-2009, 05:13 PM
He's not discouraged. Jeff wants to win it as bad as any fan out there. But...........he knows the expectations are high!!! I hope the blechers rattle from the fans support. I hope he knows you guys appeciate what he does. I know you do but he needs to know too.

That's one thing we do...thank goodness...we yell our heads off and have so many kinds of noise makers that its tooooo loud sometime. It's what its about.

waterboy
11-18-2009, 05:19 PM
Yeah, we filled up the home side at TMF Rose Stadium completely, and we were VERY loud! I know that's what is wanted and needed, and I'm VERY happy to oblige! Over 6,000 screaming fans with noise makers can make PLENTY of noise! You really should try and make it to Mesquite Saturday, lulu.:thumbsup: I know you'll probably be in pain and all, but we won't make you hurt any worse...........except maybe your ears. Just wear earmuffs.:D

lulu
11-18-2009, 05:27 PM
Yeah, we filled up the home side at TMF Rose Stadium completely, and we were VERY loud! I know that's what is wanted and needed, and I'm VERY happy to oblige! Over 6,000 screaming fans with noise makers can make PLENTY of noise! You really should try and make it to Mesquite Saturday, lulu.:thumbsup: I know you'll probably be in pain and all, but we won't make you hurt any worse...........except maybe your ears. Just wear earmuffs.:D

I'm dying to go. Have to see how things transpire and how I feel after the test.
I may can talk hubby into it.. He owes me...i spent last weekend in Bossier with him.

And you know I can make some noise AND I have a brand new orange sweater.

And earmuffs aint gonna help for where I'll be paining.:D

lulu
11-18-2009, 05:29 PM
Can I use my Blue and White Clapper? It's a big hand on a stick that claps.

waterboy
11-18-2009, 06:07 PM
[
And you know I can make some noise AND I have a brand new orange sweater.

I knew you couldn't resist buying something orange!;)

And earmuffs aint gonna help for where I'll be paining.:D
:eek: :eek: Oh crap........I ain't touching that one..:D

Come, you and Mr. lulu can sit with us in the "rowdy crowd".:D

waterboy
11-18-2009, 06:08 PM
Can I use my Blue and White Clapper? It's a big hand on a stick that claps.
I don't mind, just so long as it makes alot of noise. I'd prefer something a little louder, though.:D

Buckeye80
11-18-2009, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by Cadetdad
HC will pull out EVERY TRICK IN THE BOOK to win...so you better keep on your toes Gilmer.

Yeah. He pulled an intentional loss out of the bag of tricks last year to avoid even playing us. I can't wait to see what's up his sleeve this year!:D

plpsftball
11-18-2009, 11:20 PM
We shall see

easttexas3a
11-20-2009, 01:56 AM
I heard Gilmer is going to be pretty much full health going into this game, I know we had some injuries in the Jasper game.

N4SIR
11-20-2009, 12:06 PM
I heard Paul Chestnut would be out and that Traylor was having to re-vamp the deffense somewhat with him being out.

waterboy
11-20-2009, 12:45 PM
Yeah, Paul Chestnut got hurt in the Jasper game. Don't know whether he'll be ready to go or not. If he doesn't get to play he'll sure be missed. I don't think there's been a game all year where the Buckeyes were completely healthy.:eek: .....yet look at where we are.:clap:

easttexas3a
11-20-2009, 03:12 PM
Well I was under the impression from my friend that Paul would be able to play. Maybe he got it wrong. My friend told me eveyrone would be able to play, maybe Chestnut could go but will only go if needed.

waterboy
11-20-2009, 04:14 PM
I hope your friend is right! Paul is one heck of a player! I don't know what the injury was, but he looked like he was in a lot of pain when he came out last week.

easttexas3a
11-20-2009, 07:08 PM
Everyone have a safe trip rather coming from waco or gilmer.

N4SIR
11-20-2009, 07:16 PM
I'm still hearing Chestnut is out and Luke Turner will be returning punts for us.

jambo67
11-20-2009, 07:21 PM
La Vega did beat a very sound Lorena team. Lorena's offense is multi-dimenional and they never showed the same formation twice in a series. Lorena also had some very good athletes that went with those different looks. If Gilmer thinks they can win just by "playing their game" Gilmer has another thing coming. I expect a La Vega win.

Txbroadcaster
11-20-2009, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by jambo67
I expect a La Vega win.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA sorry I was just HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

jambo67
11-20-2009, 07:35 PM
I admire that kind of confidence. Gilmer must have the same. That may be why Gilmer gets knee-dropped off the top rope.

Yoe_09
11-20-2009, 07:38 PM
La Vega did beat a very sound Lorena team. Lorena's offense is multi-dimenional and they never showed the same formation twice in a series. Lorena also had some very good athletes that went with those different looks. If Gilmer thinks they can win just by "playing their game" Gilmer has another thing coming. I expect a La Vega win.

Based on what I saw from Lorena this year they just wernt clicking. Cameorn played them earlier this year and beat them when they were playing their worst. I think Gilmer just has too much for La Vega to handle

Yoe_09
11-20-2009, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by Yoe_09
Based on what I saw from Lorena this year they just wernt clicking. Cameorn played them earlier this year and beat them when they were playing their worst. I really dont see La Vega getting very far in this one.

Yoe_09
11-20-2009, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by Yoe_09
Based on what I saw from Lorena this year they just wernt clicking. Cameorn played them earlier this year and beat them when they were playing their worst. I really think Gilmer has too much.

jambo67
11-20-2009, 08:16 PM
I'm a CenTex guy and a real Homer, never watched a Gilmer game. But from what I've seen La Vega has a chance based on all the high school football I've watched over a lot of years. Gilmer may exploit an edge I have'nt noticed and win big but hat on hat La Vega has the talent to hang tough.

N4SIR
11-20-2009, 10:16 PM
Gilmer will roll. They win by at least 21 points.

Pawdaddy
11-20-2009, 10:21 PM
I'm a CenTex guy and a real Homer, never watched a Gilmer game. But from what I've seen La Vega has a chance based on all the high school football I've watched over a lot of years. Gilmer may exploit an edge I have'nt noticed and win big but hat on hat La Vega has the talent to hang tough.

The only thing hanging will be their heads.........and that will start about the end of the first quarter. Gilmer 63-14. So let it be written, so let it be done!