PDA

View Full Version : A&M Vs. OU....wow

Yoe_09
11-14-2009, 09:15 PM
What in the world was A&M doing in the first half of this game. If it wasnt being able to field or just catch a kick, it was dropping easy passes or overthrowing open WR's. OU took advantage of a toally discombobulated A&M team in that first half.

Yoe_09
11-14-2009, 09:33 PM
and the second half doesent start any better....48-10 OU.

Z-RO
11-14-2009, 10:05 PM
Shhhhhhhhhhh we have a poster who is an Aggie and he belives they are going to finish in the top 2 in the Big 12 S. :D

Cue Rockdale poster who is now going to call me a D-bad :p ....:rolleyes:

GRTIGER5
11-14-2009, 10:21 PM
lol why is anybody suprised? A&M is terrible

navscanmaster
11-14-2009, 10:36 PM
Had some calls go against them when their confidence was riding pretty high and they were hitting hard. After those two "defenseless receiver/QB" penalties on that one drive, A&M pretty much just shut down mentally. The fumble in which Christine Michael had one defender's hand on his helmet grabbing by his eyes, and another defender's hand on his face mask whipping him around, that was then returned for a TD on the opening drive was a horrible no call that saw A&M let down after getting two first downs. Then the punt return where Frederick faked the catch, and they said a A&M player then touched it and OU recovered; watching the replay, an OU player clearly touched the ball before an A&M player, if he even touched it at all, made contact. Once again, frustrating personal fouls when you are trying to make big hits, and bad calls that resulted in turnovers really set the tone for the Aggies' night. How about the one review resulting in an overturn tonight? Yep, an Aggie first down catch overturned because of a slight bobble. So laugh if you want to at the Aggies, but if it were your team getting shafted (LSU and Arky fans can attest), you would not be very happy either.

turbostud
11-14-2009, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by Z-RO
Shhhhhhhhhhh we have a poster who is an Aggie and he belives they are going to finish in the top 2 in the Big 12 S. :D

:D

Yoe_09
11-14-2009, 10:46 PM
Im a huge Aggie fan but we are just playing straight up terrible tonight. The bobble that was reversed was in the end called correclty. A&M just didnt need to make the early fumbles in the game. After those 2 fumbles they lost all concentration and really let it get away. It is currently 65-10.

That one personal foul was not a personal foul hit early in the game but did not really change the outcome in this one.

GRTIGER5
11-14-2009, 10:49 PM
65-10 speaks for itself.....and it says terrible....you cant blame refs when your getting dominated by 55 points

Yoe_09
11-14-2009, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by GRTIGER5
65-10 speaks for itself.....and it says terrible....you cant blame refs when your getting dominated by 55 points

If your blaming the refs in any way in this one you are crazy.

turbostud
11-14-2009, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by Yoe_09
It is currently 65-10.

Gotta give Bob Stoops credit, he never quits tryin.:D

navscanmaster
11-14-2009, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by GRTIGER5

The domination has nothing to do with the refs. My reference was to the couple of fumbles and how they robbed momentum from A&M both times. Had the correct ruling/call been made in both instances, they would not have been turnovers, and OU would not have 14 points early in the game. Everybody is upset about the "defenseless" player calls no matter who you root for. It is a damn shame that you can't take a freaking lick like a man anymore. If the players don't want to get popped, maybe they should take up golf.

navscanmaster
11-14-2009, 11:17 PM
But nevermind anyhow. Anything I say goes through deaf ears when trying to defend the Aggies on this board. Too bad it wasn't around in the nineties when A&M was beating OU and Texas on a regular basis. Yet even so, I wouldn't take joy in seeing another Texas school get hammered.

wildstangs
11-14-2009, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
But nevermind anyhow. Anything I say goes through deaf ears when trying to defend the Aggies on this board. Too bad it wasn't around in the nineties when A&M was beating OU and Texas on a regular basis. Yet even so, I wouldn't take joy in seeing another Texas school get hammered.

Wasn't A&M busted for cheating those years?

bandera7
11-14-2009, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by Z-RO

Its only said cause its true

navscanmaster
11-14-2009, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs

They were placed on probation for five years, with a one year TV/bowl game ban. It was over a couple of business men alumni that were paying players for work they did not do. A&M officials had no clue it was happening until the DMN was going to run the article on it. They investigated it, made the 6 players ineligible, and completed their investigation and forwarded it to the NCAA. The NCAA hammered A&M for not having better oversight of their scholarship players' summer work programs.

I wouldn't call it cheating. More like idiot alumni getting the program in a heap of trouble.

King_LeYoeNidas
11-14-2009, 11:41 PM
since neither of these teams are relevant anymore this year I'd forgotten about the game. Then i switched around end of the 3rd, laughed really loud and went back to watching UFC 105. Seriously, it's like the Aggies switch out their players from one week to the next. I can't remember a more inconsistent team that has ever existed. Blow out in their favor one week, blowout against them the next. That's been their forte this entire season. So by all standards, they should smash Baylor and then get humiliated by the Horns.

aggiejwp
11-14-2009, 11:48 PM
That is exactly what I was thinking, I am trying not to be such a aggie apologist but they were getting jipped in a bunch of calls.

Had some calls go against them when their confidence was riding pretty high and they were hitting hard. After those two "defenseless receiver/QB" penalties on that one drive, A&M pretty much just shut down mentally. The fumble in which Christine Michael had one defender's hand on his helmet grabbing by his eyes, and another defender's hand on his face mask whipping him around, that was then returned for a TD on the opening drive was a horrible no call that saw A&M let down after getting two first downs. Then the punt return where Frederick faked the catch, and they said a A&M player then touched it and OU recovered; watching the replay, an OU player clearly touched the ball before an A&M player, if he even touched it at all, made contact. Once again, frustrating personal fouls when you are trying to make big hits, and bad calls that resulted in turnovers really set the tone for the Aggies' night. How about the one review resulting in an overturn tonight? Yep, an Aggie first down catch overturned because of a slight bobble. So laugh if you want to at the Aggies, but if it were your team getting shafted (LSU and Arky fans can attest), you would not be very happy either.

aggiejwp
11-14-2009, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by King_LeYoeNidas
since neither of these teams are relevant anymore this year I'd forgotten about the game. Then i switched around end of the 3rd, laughed really loud and went back to watching UFC 105. Seriously, it's like the Aggies switch out their players from one week to the next. I can't remember a more inconsistent team that has ever existed. Blow out in their favor one week, blowout against them the next. That's been their forte this entire season. So by all standards, they should smash Baylor and then get humiliated by the Horns.

Actually if you apply the logic that the aggies have been applying this season they should get killed by Baylor and beat the snot out of Texas.

GRTIGER5
11-14-2009, 11:55 PM
I have to agree with you on one thing. I hate the new rules about hitting receivers, if you dont want to get hit go play golf. I mean I played receiver and I still hate it.

coachkiss
11-15-2009, 12:01 AM
They were placed on probation for five years, with a one year TV/bowl game ban. It was over a couple of business men alumni that were paying players for work they did not do. A&M officials had no clue it was happening until the DMN was going to run the article on it. They investigated it, made the 6 players ineligible, and completed their investigation and forwarded it to the NCAA. The NCAA hammered A&M for not having better oversight of their scholarship players' summer work programs.

I wouldn't call it cheating. More like idiot alumni getting the program in a heap of trouble. ]

If you go back and look, it wasn't just one violation, but 13 (I think). One of those involved Anthony Lynn who graduated from Celina. His mother turned A&M in on some stuff that happened with a local Chevy dealership.

And, we all know it was the businessmen that caused the problem, because Jackie Sherrill has been a saint wherever he has been. :rolleyes:

navscanmaster
11-15-2009, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by coachkiss
]

If you go back and look, it wasn't just one violation, but 13 (I think). One of those involved Anthony Lynn who graduated from Celina. His mother turned A&M in on some stuff that happened with a local Chevy dealership.

And, we all know it was the businessmen that caused the problem, because Jackie Sherrill has been a saint wherever he has been. :rolleyes:

RC was the head coach.

SWMustang
11-15-2009, 01:00 AM
RC inherited the team with sanctions, but Jackie was the coach when all the events that led to sanctions took place.

statewide
11-15-2009, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by wildstangs

And Texas has graduated players in the last two years that cannot pass the basic NFL competency exam meaning can barely read and write. Schools in the top every year, Texas Florida, Bama, Miami, etc. do not have to go to class. Then there are schools like A&M that are now doing it the way they should and can't put a top caliber team on the field so to win, you have to cheat the system. They all do it with the exception of Notre Dame.

squid
11-15-2009, 09:01 AM
^
|
|
being that drunk this early on the sabbath will not win you any style points.

Aesculus gilmus
11-15-2009, 09:49 AM
This may seem controversial, but think about this.

Nearly two years ago, the candidate who now is President came to the UT campus to debate. He was greeted with respect and Mack Brown took him on a tour of the athletic facilities. Mack Brown didn't endorse him and probably votes Republican, as most coaches do, but he treated the guy as an honored guest.

Contrast that with last month when the candidate who now is President was greeted by the mob of "conservative" Aggie protesters when he appeared at the Bush Library.

I just ask you Aggies to think about why you might have difficulty recruiting some of the more talented players in this or any other state. It's not that hard to figure out.

big daddy russ
11-15-2009, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus

Nearly two years ago, the candidate who now is President came to the UT campus to debate. He was greeted with respect and Mack Brown took him on a tour of the athletic facilities. Mack Brown didn't endorse him and probably votes Republican, as most coaches do, but he treated the guy as an honored guest.

Contrast that with last month when the candidate who now is President was greeted by the mob of "conservative" Aggie protesters when he appeared at the Bush Library.

I just ask you Aggies to think about why you might have difficulty recruiting some of the more talented players in this or any other state. It's not that hard to figure out.
Yeah, that was embarrassing. I don't know the extent of the protests, but it did seem much more toned down than the organizers would've liked. Still, one of these days maybe Ags will extend the courtesies, manners, and hospitality they're known for to everyone regardless of one's opinions or political persuasion.

ziggy29
11-15-2009, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by statewide
Schools in the top every year, Texas Florida, Bama, Miami, etc. do not have to go to class. Then there are schools like A&M that are now doing it the way they should and can't put a top caliber team on the field so to win, you have to cheat the system. They all do it with the exception of Notre Dame.
That's why I loved what Stanford did to USC yesterday. It's great to see a bunch of kids with 1300 SATs who actually go to class whipping a bunch of non-qualifiers at a jock factory.

Gobbla2001
11-15-2009, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus

I seriously doubt that's screwing up their recruiting, they've had top 10 recruiting classes this decade...

Yoe_09
11-15-2009, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
I seriously doubt that's screwing up their recruiting, they've had top 10 recruiting classes this decade...

We actually have #11 right now for 2010.

Gobbla2001
11-15-2009, 03:22 PM
Yah, I know it's been high...

nice try gilmus...

BobcatBenny
11-15-2009, 04:35 PM
I love A&M Football ... it makes life worth living.

Life without A&M Football would be like life without ....

..... the platypus!

A&M Football makes us all scratch our heads and say, "Why Lord?" :eek:

BwdLion73
11-15-2009, 05:14 PM
being that drunk this early on the sabbath will not win you any style points. [/B][/QUOTE]

I thought the sabbeth was on Saturday? ... am I drunk on the wrong day?:thinking:

squid
11-15-2009, 05:21 PM
sabbeth? Shalom....

navscanmaster
11-15-2009, 06:17 PM
As I said, if it Aggie-related on this board, some people just can't hold their tongues. As for the Obama protests, remember, there were also as many if not more Obama supporters on campus. The University is not as "conservative" as you think. You are still dealing with young students who are impressionable and idealistic, who generally lean toward the left of center.

Bottom line, I am happy for UT, because they are a great Texas team filled with great Texas players. They also excel at other sports. They make a big statement about sports and pride in Texas. I am an Aggie fan first and foremost, and I will always support the Aggies when they play UT, but until that game, I am also a Horn fan. I can't understand why there is such animosity between the fans of these schools, especially when one is heads and tails above the other at football. What do you gain, as a UT fan, from bashing and laughing at your neighboring school? If I were you, I would be supporting them and hoping they would be improving, so that your team actually gains something from winning the big game.