PDA

View Full Version : La Grange vs. Yoakum.....Perdictions

LG_DB
08-25-2003, 08:33 PM
Just wanted to know what yalls perdictions were for this weeks up coming game for the bulldogs and the leopards. There are 8 returning from La Granges defense(best in central texas for the 2002 seaons,according to the Austin American Statesman)and 6 returning on the offensive side of the ball all the backfield and the two tightends. I know La Grange will be practicing hard for the Bulldogs, just want to know opinions....mine is:
La Grange 14
Yoakum 0

Gobbla2001
08-25-2003, 09:04 PM
One side of me says 'Hey, go for the team in your district...'... While the other side of me says 'Hey, they're your rivals, you know, the ones who spra-paint the town after every game...'

I don't know who's gunna win but I might try and make the game (I dunno, wanna attend a few others as well)...

As for who I'm rootin' for? I dunno yet, I'll think about it!

Pudlugger
08-25-2003, 09:29 PM
If the Leps show up as a team and play with heart they will win. They have the talent all they need is to play together as a team. Good luck and Go Leps!

<small>[ August 25, 2003, 09:35 PM: Message edited by: Pudlugger ]</small>

bd62
08-25-2003, 09:43 PM
i dont think coach v. put a lot of stock in how scrimages go. he judging players. i bet he has them boys ready for us friday.
we have a lot of holes to fill and playing a team like lagrange will make these youngsters grow up fast.we have 10 seniors,23 juniors,and one soph. on varsity. lots of these kids will find out quick the difference between j.v. and varsity ball. better to find out now instead of dist.
i saw the cuero and lagrange scrimage and they are both fine teams. the rice-cuero game should be a barn burner.

Pudlugger
08-27-2003, 05:55 PM
The Leps have had a good week of practice and are starting to look real salty. I think a lot of these guys are itching to go full speed and all out in a real game situation to establish who's the new sheriff in town. I expect Yoakum to be ready to play, so it should be a real hard nosed game but I think the Leps have the edge in experience and home field advantage (its Parents Night). :D

La Grange 28
Yoakum 14

landries
08-27-2003, 06:42 PM
a hole lots of work cut out for yuo.

bd62
08-27-2003, 08:56 PM
i think you are right on that puglugger. last year we were at home and had more seniors than lagrange. this year you guys have the senior leadership and we play at your place.
we need to play a team of your caliber right away to get these young kids calibrated to varsity ball. then we can build on that before district.
i hope both teams can come out of this game injury free and can learn things from playing each other. i know yoakum really respects the lagrange program and hopely we can keep playing you guys non-dist. in future.
by the way dont you have a kid on the team. i watch the cuero scrimage and thought he was #11.

Bigman87
08-27-2003, 09:24 PM
I think the leopards are ready for Yoakum. Valastro has worked those kids hard all week. Its goin to be a good game between these two teams and its a hard prediciton to make. The Leopards have a fast defense who will fly to the football and knock the crap out of ppl when they get there. If the offensive line will come off the ball hard and fast they shouldn't do too bad. I don't think that this game won't be a blowout like it was last year but it'll be a close one.

Good luck to both teams

Pudlugger
08-27-2003, 10:46 PM
bd62:
i think you are right on that puglugger. last year we were at home and had more seniors than lagrange. this year you guys have the senior leadership and we play at your place.
we need to play a team of your caliber right away to get these young kids calibrated to varsity ball. then we can build on that before district.
i hope both teams can come out of this game injury free and can learn things from playing each other. i know yoakum really respects the lagrange program and hopely we can keep playing you guys non-dist. in future.
by the way dont you have a kid on the team. i watch the cuero scrimage and thought he was #11.He's the big left Tight End (6'1' 260). He wore #13 in the scrimmage jersies at Cuero. You can't miss him, he's the second largest guy on the team behind big Keith Hickle Right Tackle at 5' 11" 280.
As for Yoakum, you can not underestimate these guys, they are very well coached and have great athlete's year in and year out. It will be a good test for both teams. I'm really excited about this game. The last big openner was the 2001 HEB Classic in the Alamodome against Bay City and this game should be no less exciting.

bulldogvet85
08-28-2003, 02:46 PM
I don't know La grange has lost some keys players, but is returning some experience and some good players that may help carry the team on offense. I'm not to sure about Yoakum though So I'm going with La Grange the whole way on this one

I say:
La Grange-28
Yoakum-7

Pudlugger
08-29-2003, 07:36 AM
Top Five things La Grange needs to do tonight to win the game:
5. kicking game: the kicking game is an unknown this year with the graduation of All District kicker Kevin Seifert. Can the Leps move up to continue their outstanding punting and placekicking game? This will be an important test of the 2003 Leps.
4. Passing game: the Leps will be passing the football more this season with several outstanding receivers to choose from. The receivers will need to make the receptions and the O line will need to protect the Qb.
3. Penalties: Always a big part of a successful outcome the Leps will need to keep the errors to a minimum.
2. Turnovers: Again a big determinant in any football game. the Leps will need to protect the football.
1. The O Line will need to control the line of scrimmage. The Leps always have depended on a quick and aggressive O Line to get off the line of scrimmage fast and take control of that critical 3 yard zone. With the entire interior line reloaded this season this will be the biggest test of the 2003 Leps.

The biggest asset this team has this season is outstanding senior leadership. With leadership the Leps can successfully meet these five challenges and emerge as another great Leopard team. Good luck and Go Leps! :D