PDA

View Full Version : La Grange v Edna

Pudlugger
11-14-2009, 01:35 AM
Can the Cowboys round up the stable of Lep receivers to win? Some really good athletes meet up in round two Region 4 this week.

trojandad
11-14-2009, 01:38 AM
pud, do you think the average fan would probably make edna a favorite because of their tough game against cuero? just curious...

IHStangFan
11-14-2009, 01:39 AM
MAN...what a matchup!! I don't know who to pick!!

GO LEPS!!

Pudlugger
11-14-2009, 01:41 AM
Edna is a legit winning team with a D1 athlete Kam Jones at qb. Very dangerous and capable of big plays from any condition on the field. Yes, Edna can very well win this game if the Leps let up. Better prepare for a tough match up because this is round two of the playoffs and there are no second chances.

Pudlugger
11-14-2009, 01:48 AM
Originally posted by trojandad
pud, do you think the average fan would probably make edna a favorite because of their tough game against cuero? just curious...

We'll see how Cuero matches up with Sealy who beat us by a td and an inch. We had a scrimmage with Cuero and they are very powerful. It was close, IDK who ended up with more tds, but point is the Leps were playing them heads up. Edna will be a test of the Leps ability to remain focused and produce to their capabilities. I like our chances but never take an opponent for granted in the playoffs. This is round two, all the pretenders are gone.

29-3aFAN
11-14-2009, 01:50 AM
I'll go with the COWBOYS!!!

trojandad
11-14-2009, 01:51 AM
this might be the most even matched game for next week.....i bet it comes down to who holds on to the ball best, they're just that even, one great offense vs a TEAM defense....

i thought these games took on less meaning when we quit having dogs in the fight, pud.....this game tonight was one of the 5 most exciting games i've ever seen, wo-s scored on a 99 yard pass play to take the lead.....had to pinch myself and say "win or lose, these boys are gonna remember this one for a LONG time....

i think a team can beat a great player, i'll take the leps in the closest game of the night.....keep us posted, buddy.....

IHStangFan
11-14-2009, 01:51 AM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
This is round two, all the pretenders are gone. HEY!!!! :mad:

;)

Pudlugger
11-14-2009, 02:00 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
HEY!!!! :mad:

;)

Dude, you know what I mean. There are no pushovers teams in round two. Needville/Sealy and Sweeny/LG were match ups of very evenly matched teams. Round one has some blanks in the cylinder is what I meant. Good season Needville. Be proud.

IHStangFan
11-14-2009, 02:01 AM
Dude, you know what I mean. There are no pushovers teams in round two. Needville/Sealy and Sweeny/LG were match ups of very evenly matched teams. Round one has some blanks in the cylinder is what I meant. Good season Needville. Be proud. I know amigo, just giving you a hard time. And thanks...we are proud of the Jays. When nobody gave them a snowball's chance in hell....they damn near pull off the upset. :)

GO LEPS!!!!

Pudlugger
11-14-2009, 11:07 AM
Edna gave up 40 against Luling. Is Luling's offense that good? This game should be another high scoring shoot out like last night.

headhunter
11-14-2009, 11:12 AM
Yes, Edna did give up 40 points but it lloked as if they fixed their problems because they shut them out the 2nd half,

The only thing is, if they allow 40 to Lagrange in the 1st half then it might be a long night

This is a good 2nd round match-up and should be a great game.

Mean Green Fan
11-14-2009, 11:38 AM
This will be a high scoring game.

I will take Edna..

Go Cowboys:clap: :clap:

Green Bling
11-14-2009, 12:32 PM
Go Cowboys!! Represent 28-3A!!

Nursebetty
11-14-2009, 12:58 PM
.......... but never take an opponent for granted in the playoffs. This is round two, all the pretenders are gone.

AMEN!....what i mean with that is that i agree on the comment of never taking an opponent for granted in the playoffs......thats never a good thing to do! :)

gameface
11-14-2009, 01:53 PM
CAN KAM MAN COWBOY UP SOME GRAZING YARDAGE OR WILL LEOPARD BAND OF BROTHERS UNITY AND TALENT PRODUCE A DROUGHT FOR EDNA'S SHOWER OF SUCCESS?

Dogs_21
11-14-2009, 02:30 PM
Edna better have a good secondary if not they will have a long night...

La Grange-42
Edna-21

BRfalconfan
11-14-2009, 09:58 PM
Does anyone no a location time and date yet???

gobbler grad
11-14-2009, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
MAN...what a matchup!! I don't know who to pick!!

GO LEPS!!

I'm picking Edna...Kam Jones too much for them Leps...:eek:

44INAROW
11-14-2009, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by BRfalconfan
Does anyone no a location time and date yet???

La Grange Leopards vs Edna Cowboys, Friday, November 20, 7:30 pm, Ricebird Stadium, El Campo

LHS 2SONS
11-14-2009, 10:27 PM
It has changed, 7:00 Saturday in El Campo

I now can go watch Cuero beat Sealy

Cowboy_Up
11-14-2009, 10:37 PM
Want to see an incredible stat line? Kam Jones stats vs. Luling.
According to the Austin paper,
http://www.statesman.com/news/stats/football/controller?Page=school_details&AltAction=&Nav=schdresults&Sport=1&Season=8&School=212179&Player=&Schedule=388433

Kam Jones passing: 18 comp 33 att 370 yds 2 TD 1 int
rushing: 34 carries 254 yrds 5 td

kam also played some D and had an int.

I can't find any any other source for his stats at this time but sure would like some confirmation. Right or wrong, I knew he put up some unreal numbers.

29-3aFAN
11-15-2009, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by Cowboy_Up
Want to see an incredible stat line? Kam Jones stats vs. Luling.
According to the Austin paper,
http://www.statesman.com/news/stats/football/controller?Page=school_details&AltAction=&Nav=schdresults&Sport=1&Season=8&School=212179&Player=&Schedule=388433

Kam Jones passing: 18 comp 33 att 370 yds 2 TD 1 int
rushing: 34 carries 254 yrds 5 td

kam also played some D and had an int.

I can't find any any other source for his stats at this time but sure would like some confirmation. Right or wrong, I knew he put up some unreal numbers.
DAMN!!!
http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/high_school/search.html?site=default&mkt=sanantonio&Season=2009&tpl=Boxscore&Sport=1&ID=51048&TeamID=274&SearchType=Teams has him down for 3 passing TDS giving 8 for the game. Unbelievable.

Cowboy_Up
11-15-2009, 09:16 AM
Victoria Advocate has Kam passing for 367 and 3 TD, rushing for 260 and 5 td, intercepting 1 pass and one kickoff return for 42 yds.
Looks like around 670 total yards.
He did have some help obviously, most notable Deion Barnes had 2 TD catches and both were short to medium length passes where he either outran the D or broke tackles to take it to the house.
Freshman DeQuan (Papa) Cantu also ran for 128 yards.

I think we'll score against La Grange; key to an Edna victory, IMO, will be Edna's ability to stop La Grange's offense.

CueroDad08
11-15-2009, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by Dogs_21
Edna better have a good secondary if not they will have a long night...

La Grange-42
Edna-21

LG can pass the ball, But LG will not have the speed to keep Jones in check. This will be a game when afterwards everyone will say. How can we let one guy do that. Trust me, LG has not seen anything like what they are going to see Sat. And you can have a great game plan on stopping him, but it will all go out the window when you see it live.

gameface
11-15-2009, 10:09 AM
Sounds like it's gonna be a battle of two evenly matched D1 QB's who both have incredible stats. LG defense is quick, aggressive and is peaking right now. I think this will be the difference in this game. We've all heard it and I believe it-defense wins games. LG has only two blemishs this season by small margins to two- top 10 teams in 3A-Giddings by 4 and Sealy by 7. Both Giddings and Sealy had balanced offensive attacks and even Sweeny displayed respectful offensive talent in last weeks game. LG WINS BY 10.

R4Editor
11-15-2009, 08:13 PM
Victoria Advocate has Kam passing for 367 and 3 TD, rushing for 260 and 5 td, intercepting 1 pass and one kickoff return for 42 yds.
Looks like around 670 total yards.

Wow, what a performance by one of the best athletes in RIV.
One player accounting for 670 yards in a playoff game? How many times has that happened?
Don't think Mr. Jones can come close to that against La Grange, but I bet the Leps make a strong effort to keep an eye on Kam.

44INAROW
11-15-2009, 08:21 PM
Good Luck to the Cowboys! This promises to be a great game. I'd be willing to bet there will be alot of green in the crowd (provided the game in Saturday) Who is the home team?

rojosgirl
11-16-2009, 11:58 AM
GO COWBOYS!

footballguru
11-16-2009, 12:06 PM
If La Grange can stay balanced on offense, I think they can score every time they have the ball. Against Sweeny, Wilkerson had a big first half with two scores and then they tried to take him away. LG ran the ball for 170 yards when they were concerned about #9. Once Sweeny tried to stop the run Mchazlett with 115 yards rec, Dwigans with 40 yards and Morris with a score and 60 + yards had good matchups. LG has a lot of weapons and they are starting to look real good on offense.

AKA CEASAR
11-16-2009, 02:47 PM
La Grange has some tools to beat Edna, but Edna did play with Cuero til the end...they both can put up points...think this will come down to who has the ball last...great texas highschool playoff football....

hookandladder
11-16-2009, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by CueroDad08
LG can pass the ball, But LG will not have the speed to keep Jones in check. This will be a game when afterwards everyone will say. How can we let one guy do that. Trust me, LG has not seen anything like what they are going to see Sat. And you can have a great game plan on stopping him, but it will all go out the window when you see it live.

You might be repeating your statement after you play Sealy and saying the same thing about Cuero, Sweeny had great team speed as well with a very good QB also. After halftime he was shut down, it will be hard for one player to beat us not saying we will totally shut him down but we will try to limit his breakaway's.

Cowboy_Up
11-16-2009, 03:26 PM
I don't think one player is going to beat an entire team, especially a team as good as La Grange. The Cowboy defense is going to have to play a very good game to beat LG. And the Edna WRs need to make some plays. Having said all that, you really do need to see kam in action before you discount what he can do. What makes him so tough is he can throw very well, and run. You'll put a spy on him which means one less player in coverage. Take the spy off and you'll get to see him run.

hookandladder
11-16-2009, 04:04 PM
I don't think one player is going to beat an entire team, especially a team as good as La Grange. The Cowboy defense is going to have to play a very good game to beat LG. And the Edna WRs need to make some plays. Having said all that, you really do need to see kam in action before you discount what he can do. What makes him so tough is he can throw very well, and run. You'll put a spy on him which means one less player in coverage. Take the spy off and you'll get to see him run.

How big a kid is Kam, what college's are looking at him. How does he compare to the Sweeny QB, size and speed.

TRENCHES06
11-16-2009, 04:11 PM
K. Jones is 6'0 185"

themsu97
11-16-2009, 04:30 PM
no offense to Lemon and Sweeny... but Lemon is nowhere near what Kam Jones is... not even close...

LG is a great team and this could be or might be one of the better round 2 matchups in the state...

no way anyone leaves this game disappointed...

BrahmaMom
11-16-2009, 06:47 PM
Best of luck, LaGrange!

dude
11-16-2009, 07:54 PM
Jones is 6'8" 300 lbs and runs a sub 4.0 forty

CueroDad08
11-16-2009, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by hookandladder
You might be repeating your statement after you play Sealy and saying the same thing about Cuero, Sweeny had great team speed as well with a very good QB also. After halftime he was shut down, it will be hard for one player to beat us not saying we will totally shut him down but we will try to limit his breakaway's.

I did not say it cant be done. I said LG has not seen anyone even close to Kam. And after the game you will see what I am talking about. As far as Sealy. Cuero knows how good the Tigers are.

gameface
11-16-2009, 09:21 PM
LG respects quality talent and I look forward to witness Kam's ability. I hope you got to see the LG vs. Cuero scrimmage earlier this year and recall our stellar QB! He threads the needle and will run over any defensive player over with his thighs and tenacious personality. Stats don't lie-this goes for Kam Man and LG Schneider and Lep receivers who have earned the best combined effort in the entire state in 3A ball. As mentioned in earlier comments, this matchup of two D1 QB's is special and both should display incredible athletic skills. Offensive leadership has value but the difference in this game's outcome is team defense. LG will prevail is this department. LG winner by a minimum of 10.

playnhurt
11-17-2009, 03:39 PM
I agree that it could come down to has the ball last.

TRENCHES06
11-17-2009, 03:42 PM
I did not say it cant be done. I said LG has not seen anyone even close to Kam. And after the game you will see what I am talking about. As far as Sealy. Cuero knows how good the Tigers are.

I'd say Downey is as good or better a runner than Kam Jones..

hookandladder
11-17-2009, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by TRENCHES06
I'd say Downey is as good or better a runner than Kam Jones..

That is what i am thinking, if Kam Jones is that much better than anyone we've played against then he must have a D-1 offer already. Does anyone know where Kam is headed to college, Also have not heard anything about Kam til he went off on a pretty weak Luling team.

44INAROW
11-17-2009, 07:29 PM
That is what i am thinking, if Kam Jones is that much better than anyone we've played against then he must have a D-1 offer already. Does anyone know where Kam is headed to college, Also have not heard anything about Kam til he went off on a pretty weak Luling team.
then you didn't read much about the Cuero/Edna game;)

Cowboy_Up
11-17-2009, 07:32 PM
Kam ran for 200+ and threw for 200+ vs Cuero. Including a 70 yd TD run and an unbelievable 60 yard run to the 10 which he ran in on the next play...after the center snaped the ball over his head. He and Downey play different positions so I don't know how you compare them as runners, but I bet Kam is a better passer:D

Kam was a DCTF top 300 athlete as well as a top Junior to watch last year, but he was recovering from a broken leg and then broke his hand in the 2nd game.

I'm not saying he's the best player around, just I've never seen someone like him. Such a good runner, good passer, good leader.
I think you'll like watching him play.

CueroDad08
11-17-2009, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by gameface
LG respects quality talent and I look forward to witness Kam's ability. I hope you got to see the LG vs. Cuero scrimmage earlier this year and recall our stellar QB! He threads the needle and will run over any defensive player over with his thighs and tenacious personality. Stats don't lie-this goes for Kam Man and LG Schneider and Lep receivers who have earned the best combined effort in the entire state in 3A ball. As mentioned in earlier comments, this matchup of two D1 QB's is special and both should display incredible athletic skills. Offensive leadership has value but the difference in this game's outcome is team defense. LG will prevail is this department. LG winner by a minimum of 10.

I am happy you are proud of the LG team as you should be. But D1 QB.........Come on man. Yes I was at the first scrimmage of the year when Cuero came to LG. Dude that is what it was, the first scrimmage. I got to see one kid make 3 catches over a kid that is not even a starter now. It's called working kids out. That is ALL as far as a bright spot if you really want to hear the truth.

TRENCHES06
11-17-2009, 09:03 PM
LG QB may not be a D1 QB because he is 6'0 instead of 6'3 but he sure did TOAST the Cuero secondary in that scrimmage.
It was pretty bad.

CueroDad08
11-17-2009, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by TRENCHES06
LG QB may not be a D1 QB because he is 6'0 instead of 6'3 but he sure did TOAST the Cuero secondary in that scrimmage.
It was pretty bad.

He did not toast anyone , #9 made a so so QB look alot better than he was. What I do remeamber the most from that "Scrimmage" was the way Trent Jackson ran all over that tuff D you keep trying to tell everyone about. And did not even play after the first two sets of plays. He had already made them look silly, why keep him in there? I guess you forgot about that side of the ball.

LHS 2SONS
11-17-2009, 10:02 PM
He did not toast anyone , #9 made a so so QB look alot better than he was. What I do remeamber the most from that "Scrimmage" was the way Trent Jackson ran all over that tuff D you keep trying to tell everyone about. And did not even play after the first two sets of plays. He had already made them look silly, why keep him in there? I guess you forgot about that side of the ball.

What I remember about Trent Jackson in the scrimmage, was that he tried to throw a shoulder into our safety along the sideline and our safety drove him into the ground and your almighty Jackson tweaked his shoulder, that is why he never returned.

Do not take me wrong, I am just defending the truth.

Cuero has a very talented team, with Arndt, Jackson and company. I have a lot of respect for Cuero, just the way your guys act at the scrimmages here in LG, very respectful young men. I wish you all the luck against Sealy, they have a lot of athletes on the field. By the way, I did vote for Cuero to beat Sealy! And by GOD do it!!!!!!!!!!!

And yes we are proud of our LEPS. The LEPS are ready for Kam and the Cowboys.

TRENCHES06
11-17-2009, 10:32 PM
Jackson was on the sideline with an ice bag on his shoulder after his ridiculous punch.....

IHStangFan
11-17-2009, 10:34 PM
He did not toast anyone , #9 made a so so QB look alot better than he was. What I do remeamber the most from that "Scrimmage" was the way Trent Jackson ran all over that tuff D you keep trying to tell everyone about. And did not even play after the first two sets of plays. He had already made them look silly, why keep him in there? I guess you forgot about that side of the ball. To be fair....Trent Jackson could make just about any HS defense "look silly" at times...so that isn't saying much really.

29-3aFAN
11-17-2009, 11:16 PM
Kam ran for 200+ and threw for 200+ vs Cuero. Including a 70 yd TD run and an unbelievable 60 yard run to the 10 which he ran in on the next play...after the center snaped the ball over his head. He and Downey play different positions so I don't know how you compare them as runners, but I bet Kam is a better passer:D

Kam was a DCTF top 300 athlete as well as a top Junior to watch last year, but he was recovering from a broken leg and then broke his hand in the 2nd game.

I'm not saying he's the best player around, just I've never seen someone like him. Such a good runner, good passer, good leader.
I think you'll like watching him play.

I would say he is the Mike Vick of HS football. Thats a good comparison after watching him play.

footballguru
11-18-2009, 12:20 AM
This will be a good game. As far as the statement about both QB's being D1, if a kid is D1, by now he would be committed or the D1 schools would be all over him. Is either of the QB's getting looks from D1 schools as a QB? The LG kid is very talented and yes if he was 6'4" most D1 schools would be all over him. He will play on Saturdays as a QB somewhere I am hoping SWT, go bobcats. As far as Cuero's team from the scrimmage against LG, there are a bunch of kids that are not starting for both teams that started that scrimmage and LG did throw the ball all over the field and all of the passes where not only thrown to number 9. In fact I thought Cuero looked pretty bad on defense with LG scoring twice in the live quarter and then kneeling it on Cuero's 2 yard line at the end.

hookandladder
11-18-2009, 07:16 AM
Originally posted by footballguru
This will be a good game. As far as the statement about both QB's being D1, if a kid is D1, by now he would be committed or the D1 schools would be all over him. Is either of the QB's getting looks from D1 schools as a QB? The LG kid is very talented and yes if he was 6'4" most D1 schools would be all over him. He will play on Saturdays as a QB somewhere I am hoping SWT, go bobcats. As far as Cuero's team from the scrimmage against LG, there are a bunch of kids that are not starting for both teams that started that scrimmage and LG did throw the ball all over the field and all of the passes where not only thrown to number 9. In fact I thought Cuero looked pretty bad on defense with LG scoring twice in the live quarter and then kneeling it on Cuero's 2 yard line at the end.

I was running the chains at the LG-Cuero scrimmage, the DC was let's say pretty mad at his defense on not being able to stop LG on offense. They were already using a # of kids both ways trying to stop LG's offense, kids were really sucking on the sideline. I know it was very earlier in the year however I still feel if Cuero has their best players going both ways that this could be the difference against Sealy. Sealy has more athlete's that enable's them to go one way only. Yes, Trent Jackson is a very good back but he is definitely not the best we have seen this year, Kam Jones maybe the best QB we have seen, time will tell. The Berry kid, Giddings kid, Smithville kid were all also very good QB's, ready to see what Kam got. Could it be possible the defenses in 28-3A are not as good as everyone thinks,not saying just asking.

CueroDad08
11-18-2009, 07:58 AM
I was running the chains at the LG-Cuero scrimmage, the DC was let's say pretty mad at his defense on not being able to stop LG on offense. They were already using a # of kids both ways trying to stop LG's offense, kids were really sucking on the sideline. I know it was very earlier in the year however I still feel if Cuero has their best players going both ways that this could be the difference against Sealy. Sealy has more athlete's that enable's them to go one way only. Yes, Trent Jackson is a very good back but he is definitely not the best we have seen this year, Kam Jones maybe the best QB we have seen, time will tell. The Berry kid, Giddings kid, Smithville kid were all also very good QB's, ready to see what Kam got. Could it be possible the defenses in 28-3A are not as good as everyone thinks,not saying just asking.

Well one thing for sure is, we all will know just how tuff Distric 25 is. And how weak 28 is after friday night. I would say if Cuero and Edna both do win. I am sure everyone will say 25 was over rated. And if Sealy and LG both win everyone will say 25 is just what everyone has said all year, "The best in the state". Good Luck

footballguru
11-18-2009, 08:18 AM
If district 25 and district 28 played against each other with the number 1 team vs number 1 and the 2 vs 2 and so on, i think 25 goes 5-1. Cuero vs Sealy, Giddings vs Edna, LG vs Yoakum, Bellville vs Palacios, Smithville vs Goliad and Columbus vs Gonzales. We will get to see a 1 vs 1 and a 2 vs 3 whoever wins does not determine which district is tougher. The strength of the entire district is what is used to determine tough district.

buff4ever
11-18-2009, 09:59 AM
Leps can score enough points to win this game. Leps defense's weakness is an offense with a lot of speed. If Edna doesn't have speed across their skilled positions, they will not be able to keep up with LG.

Mojado
11-18-2009, 10:04 AM
Well one thing for sure is, we all will know just how tuff Distric 25 is. And how weak 28 is after friday night. I would say if Cuero and Edna both do win. I am sure everyone will say 25 was over rated. And if Sealy and LG both win everyone will say 25 is just what everyone has said all year, "The best in the state". Good Luck

You're going a little overboard CD. "The best in the state" is still in east Texas. D25 is not overrated, it is a very tough district from 1-4... D28 is very good district also... But , the best in the state??? You need to go post at SETX forum to get in that talk.

playnhurt
11-18-2009, 12:43 PM
I thought this was an Edna-LaGrange thread?

gameface
11-18-2009, 02:28 PM
exactly-my thoughts as well! Hopefully the fog has cleared D1 and who's district is the best talk from Quero Dad. Good luck Sat. night-you will need it against Sealy-Gobble that! Oh, our QB's last name starts with an "S"-too complex for you to pronounce and obviously digest-savor the stats daddy gobbler on what you described as LG's so, so QB!?

44INAROW
11-18-2009, 02:48 PM
exactly-my thoughts as well! Hopefully the fog has cleared D1 and who's district is the best talk from Quero Dad. Good luck Sat. night-you will need it against Sealy-Gobble that! Oh, our QB's last name starts with an "S"-too complex for you to pronounce and obviously digest-savor the stats daddy gobbler on what you described as LG's so, so QB!?

real mature - and your post is no more about Edna and LaGrange than the post you were talking about - you guys need to grow up :doh: and you know good and well it is spelled CUERO - or is that too complex for you to pronounce or spell?

oh, just so we keep this about Edna vs LaGrange

GO COWBOYS ;)

hookandladder
11-18-2009, 05:08 PM

So So QB, the only difference between our QB and your QB is height, they both throw the ball extremely well. I know I got off the LG-Edna game but I had to respond to CueroDad08's ignorant post.

CueroDad08
11-18-2009, 07:18 PM
exactly-my thoughts as well! Hopefully the fog has cleared D1 and who's district is the best talk from Quero Dad. Good luck Sat. night-you will need it against Sealy-Gobble that! Oh, our QB's last name starts with an "S"-too complex for you to pronounce and obviously digest-savor the stats daddy gobb
ler on what you described as LG's so, so QB!? \

This D-1 QB like Basketball?

Cowboy_Up
11-18-2009, 10:30 PM
Top to bottom no question 25 is better than 28. But does anyone really care who would win if Gonzales played Columbus? I know I don't. If the LG fans want to use the argument that they've played a tougher schedule, they win. But this is about Sat night, not what happened 5 weeks ago.

The LG QB is good. He's got a quick release and he knows how to get the right play going. He's the type of kid that doesn't get a lot of ink but just wins. If we didn't have Kam I'd be happy with a QB like him no question. He's a gamer.

This is a huge game for Edna, and the town will be behind our kids big time. I'm looking forward to another Cuero type gathering....good friends, good times, good football.
Go Big Blue!!!
We love our Cowboys!

Spread It Out
11-18-2009, 10:42 PM
So So QB, the only difference between our QB and your QB is height.

That is completely off. Cuero's quarterback is better than La Grange's and I can say that with 100% confidence. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that you're making this comparison off of the scrimmage. I've seen both of these kids play during district and I can tell you right now LG's quarterback is not in the same league. It wouldn't matter if both QB's were 5'9'' or 6'4'', being a great quarterback is more than having size. Ask Dough Flutie about that.

BTW-- Arndt is currently being recruited by TCU, who happens to be the #4 team in the nation.

TRENCHES06
11-18-2009, 11:21 PM
I'm not going to compare the two. Ardnt is clearly a great QB who will play D1 football.

As for LG, they have the 3rd most passing yards in all of 3A, so obviously he isn't too shabby.--Behind only China Spring and Graham.
Against the best of Dist 25, the Leopards threw for a ton of yards and ZERO interceptions against both Sealy and Giddings.

Also, against District 26 top defense, LG rolled up over 400 yards of offense including 300 yards passing.

Both teams are good. Too bad they won't have the opportunity to play for real.

Gobbler Fan
11-18-2009, 11:27 PM
Edna wins this one ....Go Cowboys :p

hookandladder
11-19-2009, 07:17 AM
Originally posted by Spread It Out
That is completely off. Cuero's quarterback is better than La Grange's and I can say that with 100% confidence. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that you're making this comparison off of the scrimmage. I've seen both of these kids play during district and I can tell you right now LG's quarterback is not in the same league. It wouldn't matter if both QB's were 5'9'' or 6'4'', being a great quarterback is more than having size. Ask Dough Flutie about that.

BTW-- Arndt is currently being recruited by TCU, who happens to be the #4 team in the nation.

I watched a D-1 QB play for 4 years in high school and yes Arndt is the spitting image of him, I am not saying our QB right now is as good as Arndt but they are very close to the same. You do not have to have the strongest arm and be a tall QB, ask your buddy Flutie. They are both winner and most all 3A schools would love to have either one, we sure are happy. If you think height at QB does not matter now days not Flutie days, I think you are badly mistaken. Our QB is definitely not a So So QB as CueroDad stated, they is what I am saying..

teetle
11-19-2009, 09:33 AM
Edna, theys be pretty good. Kam he,be good. But theys cannot hang with the Leps. Pud be knowing but he bes gracious as usual. He dont say nothing bad about anyones. Leps too strong on offense and defense. Cowboys can be proud. Theys have come a long way. Yalls have a very good Thanksgiving from Teetle and good luck to all.:eek: :bigcry: :eek:

CheerMom
11-19-2009, 10:23 AM
Have to support Edna in this one....Go Cowboys!!! Hope to make this game..:D

hookandladder
11-19-2009, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by CheerMom
Have to support Edna in this one....Go Cowboys!!! Hope to make this game..:D

No problem, i am not pulling for the Raiders. Go Harper.

Body
11-19-2009, 02:52 PM
Go Harper?
Rice wins 24-10

LHS 2SONS
11-20-2009, 03:12 PM
Hey Edna fans, we will have the rv's set up somewhere at the football field, come find us and visit for a while. We plan on getting to El Campo around 4:30, safe travel to all.

warda
11-20-2009, 03:32 PM
Everybody around LG catching Leopard fever. Reminds me of 2000-2001 glory days. Could it be a repeat performance? Lots of similarities. Great QB, supporting cast, bend but not break defense, same playoff route(region 4-no offense-you have to admit its a bit easier).

Blackcat1954
11-20-2009, 03:46 PM
Folks near Edna can catch game on FM 96.1 station in El Campo

dude
11-20-2009, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by Blackcat1954
Folks near Edna can catch game on FM 96.1 station in El Campo

Last I heard they were covering the Ganado game.

GreenMachine
11-20-2009, 06:25 PM
Let's go Cowboys. Show them what you got coming out of our "puny" little district :rolleyes:

2-ONES
11-20-2009, 10:14 PM
update???

SHSBulldog00
11-20-2009, 10:15 PM
Game is on Saturday

2-ONES
11-20-2009, 10:18 PM
Thanks..

Cowboy_Up
11-21-2009, 09:58 AM
Our "puny" little district looked pretty good last night! Way to go Gobblers.
It's really not relative at all, but I have to admit I feel better knowing we played Cuero as tough as Sealy. In no way am I saying we are as good as an outstanding Sealy team, just I've always thought we were a good team that can compete with just about anyone in 3A.
I think tonight's game vs. La Grange is going to be a good one. Safe travels everyone and lets get the party started!

CueroDad08
11-21-2009, 10:07 AM
Our "puny" little district looked pretty good last night! Way to go Gobblers.
It's really not relative at all, but I have to admit I feel better knowing we played Cuero as tough as Sealy. In no way am I saying we are as good as an outstanding Sealy team, just I've always thought we were a good team that can compete with just about anyone in 3A.
I think tonight's game vs. La Grange is going to be a good one. Safe travels everyone and lets get the party started!

Get em fired up Cowboy_up.
1 down for 28-3A and 2 more to go.
over 600 yards against distric 25-3A's best.
The Edna Cowboys will do just fine.
Good Luck to Both Yoakum and Edna Tonight.

dude
11-21-2009, 10:56 AM
Lets Go Cowboys!!!!!!! Be Loud early and often!!!!!

Last one out of town turn the lights out.....

Mean Green Fan
11-21-2009, 11:12 AM
Go Get Em Cowboys!!!!

ProudHornetMom
11-21-2009, 11:26 AM
Pulling for the Leps! Go get'em La Grange.

Blue42
11-21-2009, 01:04 PM
Go Cowboys if the Limited English Proficiency Students{LEPS} thought Downey was good wait till they get a load of the full KAM that Edna has in their motor.

lgfandad
11-21-2009, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by Blue42
Go Cowboys if the Limited English Proficiency Students{LEPS} thought Downey was good wait till they get a load of the full KAM that Edna has in their motor.

I think your KAM better get ready for a HARD HITTING DEFENSE !!!! Because He will find out tonight GO LEPS

centexgobbler
11-21-2009, 02:45 PM
Anybody going to post updates tonight?

GO COWBOYS!!!

LHS 2SONS
11-21-2009, 03:35 PM
Send off for the guys at 3:00 and then heading to El Campo, safe travel to all, Lep fans be loud and proud

KBUK will have it on webcast

Ruserious
11-21-2009, 03:48 PM
All right COWBOYS !Play your game and have a BALL!!!!!

A forced fumble recovery, interception, touchdown pass, whatever you want!!! Its allmost gametime and we are tailgating at the square!!!!

JT44
11-21-2009, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by Blue42

I wil have to agree that Kam Jones was more impressive than Downey, but Kam does have the ball in hands more often.

SpursFan
11-21-2009, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by centexgobbler
Anybody going to post updates tonight?

GO COWBOYS!!!

I will try! Listening to
Yoakum on Radio
Edna on internet
Surfing back and forth on tv between Spurs and Longhorns!!

centexgobbler
11-21-2009, 07:44 PM
Busy night!

Who has Edna/LG on the internet?

Thanks!

sinton66
11-21-2009, 07:45 PM
"Stickied" so it's easy to find.;)

SpursFan
11-21-2009, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by centexgobbler
Busy night!

Who has Edna/LG on the internet?

Thanks!

http://71.113.234.6:1088/broadwave.asx?src=1&kbps=56

centexgobbler
11-21-2009, 07:58 PM
Gracias! Just in time for kickoff! Go Cowboys!!!

SpursFan
11-21-2009, 08:05 PM
Less than 1min into game

Edna 7-0

Kam Jones
Runs for long TD!!

SpursFan
11-21-2009, 08:19 PM
Lost internet feed!!!!!!!!!

SpursFan
11-21-2009, 08:23 PM
Touchdown LG

SpursFan
11-21-2009, 08:30 PM
Does anyone have the score??

SpursFan
11-21-2009, 08:30 PM
still losing feed

SpursFan
11-21-2009, 08:34 PM
End of 1 Tied at 7

centexgobbler
11-21-2009, 08:34 PM
7-7 was last I heard....I'm in same boat as you

sinton66
11-21-2009, 08:52 PM
Anybody got updates?

SpursFan
11-21-2009, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Anybody got updates?

Before I lost feed again sound like LG was trying to tie the game!

SO Edna must be ahead by 6 or 7

centexgobbler
11-21-2009, 08:57 PM
Edna was up 14-7 last I heard, but it's been awhile

SpursFan
11-21-2009, 08:58 PM
Edna 14-13
6:00 left 2

SpursFan
11-21-2009, 09:00 PM
21-13 Edna

centexgobbler
11-21-2009, 09:02 PM
21-13 Edna

SpursFan
11-21-2009, 09:32 PM
4a update
calhoun sandcrabs
tied 20 20 at halftime

XtremeCouture
11-21-2009, 09:43 PM
they were up 7-0, 7-7, 14-7, 14-13, and now 21-13. where did they lose a point?

44INAROW
11-21-2009, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
how did edna lose a point haha

:confused:

LH Panther Mom
11-21-2009, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by XtremeCouture
they were up 7-0, 7-7, 14-7, 14-13, and now 21-13. where did they lose a point?
I think he was looking at the PLC score. ;)

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
11-21-2009, 09:50 PM
nevermind sry i saw the update 20-20 and thought it was this game

SpursFan
11-21-2009, 09:53 PM
Anyone have updated score

Just heard LG trail by 8

SpursFan
11-21-2009, 09:54 PM
Tied at 21

SpursFan
11-21-2009, 10:18 PM
LG 35
EDNA 28

44INAROW
11-21-2009, 10:18 PM
anything yet?

sports mom
11-21-2009, 10:25 PM
Update, please.

44INAROW
11-21-2009, 10:26 PM
spurs fan - how much time left? dang, these close games lol

SpursFan
11-21-2009, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
spurs fan - how much time left? dang, these close games lol

I do not know!!!!!! Lost internet feed AGAIN!!!!!!

44INAROW
11-21-2009, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by SpursFan
I do not know!!!!!! Lost internet feed AGAIN!!!!!!
I've texted my buddy there but he must be totally involved in the game (I can relate lol) no reply so far :(

SHSBulldog00
11-21-2009, 10:35 PM
What is the link?

XtremeCouture
11-21-2009, 10:37 PM
the last update from the advocate came at 930 and it says 35-28 at the end of the 3rd

XtremeCouture
11-21-2009, 10:38 PM
also calhoun is up 47-32 with 750 left in 4th

SpursFan
11-21-2009, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by SHSBulldog00
What is the link?

SHSBulldog00
11-21-2009, 10:40 PM
Thanks

SpursFan
11-21-2009, 10:42 PM
Update if you get the feed going!!
Mine is still dead!!!!!!!

PutMeInCoach
11-21-2009, 10:44 PM
Update please.

SHSBulldog00
11-21-2009, 10:46 PM
Link is still down

PutMeInCoach
11-21-2009, 10:47 PM
Text update just in:

41-28, Edna Ball, with 4:46 left in the 4th

44INAROW
11-21-2009, 10:48 PM
La Grange's Josh Schneider 21 TD pass to Brandon Wilkerson. Kick Blocked. La Grange 41, Edna 28. 4:55 4Q

XtremeCouture
11-21-2009, 10:50 PM
and another one bites the dust

PutMeInCoach
11-21-2009, 10:51 PM
LG wins!

SpursFan
11-21-2009, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
La Grange's Josh Schneider 21 TD pass to Brandon Wilkerson. Kick Blocked. La Grange 41, Edna 28. 4:55 4Q

2:54 left 41-28 LG

PutMeInCoach
11-21-2009, 11:02 PM
47 - 28 final

SHSBulldog00
11-21-2009, 11:04 PM
How did they get the last 6?

SpursFan
11-21-2009, 11:05 PM
LG 34-8 points scored in second half
22 points in third quarter

Final 47-28 LG

Good season Cowboys!!

SpursFan
11-21-2009, 11:07 PM
4A Update

Port Lavaca Calhoun SANDCRABS WIN! 47-39!:clap: :clap:

44INAROW
11-21-2009, 11:11 PM
Congrats to La Grange :clap: Good Luck against Devine.

Edna Cowboys - congrats on the great season. I know it didn't end the way you wanted but you'll had a wonderful season. :clap: :clap:

zebrablue2
11-21-2009, 11:15 PM
congrats to the leps!! keep rolling... good win..:clap:

trojandad
11-22-2009, 12:06 AM
congrats to pud and the leps.......fill us in when you get home....

Cowboy_Up
11-22-2009, 12:40 AM
La Grange just too much for us in 2nd half. They played great, and we dropped pass after pass. Felt bad for Kam as he was dealing but he can't do it alone. We had no running game besides Kam and LG was bringing the house. Couldn't stop #9, he killed us in the 2nd half. We were covering him with a soph kid who was giving it his all, but the loss of our top corner in the cuero game hurt. We were pretty banged up with a bunch of kids playing hurt, but that's part of the game at this time of the year. Congrats to La grange. Only beef is you could have taken a knee and you decided to go ahead and try and score at the end and you did. No big deal, our job to stop you, but one of your kids went down on the scoring play with 30 seconds left. I really don't understand following that up with an onside kick. All game long you dropped it in on our 35-40, we FC and took over. So with a few ticks left and a 20 point lead you decide to kick it 10 yards instead? You already had a kid go down on a play where you could have taken a knee and then you onside kick? Why?

Pudlugger
11-22-2009, 12:51 AM
Just got home from the game. First let me say that Edna was a real explosive team and they played a very good game. Jones was everything they said he would be, elusive, fast and capable of throwing 60 yard bombs. Hats off to Edna and the Cowboys for giving the Leps a run for their money and a good season. That being said, I saw several posts on this thread referring to our Qb as so so and not D1 material. Well Schneider, Wilkerson and McHazlett were terrific tonight. our running backs Daniels and Dugan were very effective in ball control and kept the Cowboy offense off the field when it counted in the second half. Child's played both ways and was all over the Cowboy backfield and provided the horses up front to get the running game going on all eight cylinders. The o line dominated the line of scrimmage giving Schneider plenty of time to tap his receivers. Wilkerson was able to get open all night and if it wasn't for numerous pass interferences would have put up 3 or 4 more tds then the 4 he got. They had no answer to our passing game. The refs sucked. That's about it.

ps: for those of you who missed me thanks for the concern. I was out of internet range for a few days roughing it. It is good to get away sometimes.

Go Leps, beat Devine!!

Pudlugger
11-22-2009, 12:58 AM
La Grange just too much for us in 2nd half. They played great, and we dropped pass after pass. Felt bad for Kam as he was dealing but he can't do it alone. We had no running game besides Kam and LG was bringing the house. Couldn't stop #9, he killed us in the 2nd half. We were covering him with a soph kid who was giving it his all, but the loss of our top corner in the cuero game hurt. We were pretty banged up with a bunch of kids playing hurt, but that's part of the game at this time of the year. Congrats to La grange. Only beef is you could have taken a knee and you decided to go ahead and try and score at the end and you did. No big deal, our job to stop you, but one of your kids went down on the scoring play with 30 seconds left. I really don't understand following that up with an onside kick. All game long you dropped it in on our 35-40, we FC and took over. So with a few ticks left and a 20 point lead you decide to kick it 10 yards instead? You already had a kid go down on a play where you could have taken a knee and then you onside kick? Why?

First, congrats to Kam Jones and the Cowboys for a hard fought game. The reason the Leps scored late is because that is what you do in football...score more points than your opponent. With a star like Kam Jones capable of breaking it on any play you better seal the deal when you can. The player went down with leg cramps and is fine. Those were not on sides kicks, they are pooch kicks and designed to keep the ball away from the return threat. In this case a guy named Kam. We do this routinely and your coaches know it that is why they fair caught the ball. The last kick off was bobbled by your up man which is another reason we pooch kick...you have to catch the ball. Good game.

lgfandad
11-22-2009, 01:21 AM
Hope KAM looks good in basketball shorts and yes my son did give a KISS!!!!!!

Cowboy_Up
11-22-2009, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by lgfandad

Class all the way La Grange

hookandladder
11-22-2009, 01:34 AM

The Leps took control game in second half, Kam is a good QB/RB but was a one man show. Edna has a pretty good team but the debate about whose's District was the strongest, I would say Edna would have battled for 4th or 5th in our District. One player would not have been successful in our District, Our So So QB had his way all night.

Pudlugger
11-22-2009, 01:55 AM
The Leps are getting to be a very good second half team. They shut down the Cowboys holding them to one td in the second half and put up 34 points. The defense was excellent and very aggressive with blitzes which threw off the tempo of the Cowboy game. Go Leps, beat the War Horses.

Pudlugger
11-22-2009, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by SpursFan
4A Update

Port Lavaca Calhoun SANDCRABS WIN! 47-39!:clap: :clap:

Dude, start your own dang thread. Remora.

TRENCHES06
11-22-2009, 02:04 AM
Definitely not an onside kick. Pooch kick all the way.

Pudlugger
11-22-2009, 09:31 AM
Kam Jones displayed a remarkable ability to elude tacklers last night. I have to admit he is probably the most athletic back the Leps have faced so far. I think in the second half when the D started blitzing and putiing him under intense prsssure all the scrambling he had to do to make things work just wore him out. Playing both ways and running coverage against one of the best passing offenses in 3a didn't help either.

I really try not to get on the refs because that is always viewed as whining. However, I just can't help myself. Even though ultimately we won, in the first quarter the line judge and umpire missed four blatant calls. On the second play from scrimmage Jones ran for 60 yards and a td but midway there was a block in the back sending our guy to the ground right in front of the LJ. Twice the defender on Wilkerson grabbed his jersy when he broke free on a post pattern preventing him from getting under the ball by inches. Then on a critical third down our ball carrier was taken to the ground by his facemask right in front of the ref and again no call. It was really an embarrassment for this crew IMO as it revealed stunning incompetence. It's water under the bridge now and hopefully this crew will not work anymore games in the playoffs as they clearly were not up for the job.

gameface
11-22-2009, 09:59 AM
Pud-you had better angle on the ref calls from the stands last night. The only lame call i noticed from the sideline view was 2 blocks in the back during Kam's long TD run in the 1st Q. Defense stepped it up again this week and shut down Edna's momemtum. I had the opportunity to convey good game and tell Kam post-game that he has been the best QB we've seen this season. Kam is a great sport and talented young man! Leps were a little flat 1st half, however, we made crucial defensive adjustments and stepped it up on offense to get the team and crowd fired up. Bring it on Devine-LG has gameface on! Leps play Devine at Bobcat Stadium in San Marcos with time tba-i heard may be at 7:30pm!?

Pudlugger
11-22-2009, 10:13 AM
Gameface whatever the coaches said to the players and adjustments they made at halftime, they sure worked! The Leps came out in the third and just dominated the game in every way. Those boys on defense got after them big time. Only one turnover too. I wish we could block a little better on the PATs. It seems Henderson is always rushed or getting blocked. The pressure seems to come from the left side. The razzle dazzle two point conversions were shear genius. Go Leps, beat the War Horses!

Bull's-eye
11-22-2009, 10:14 AM
Congratulations Leps!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

GreenMachine
11-22-2009, 10:36 AM
Pud-you had better angle on the ref calls from the stands last night. The only lame call i noticed from the sideline view was 2 blocks in the back during Kam's long TD run in the 1st Q. Defense stepped it up again this week and shut down Edna's momemtum. I had the opportunity to convey good game and tell Kam post-game that he has been the best QB we've seen this season. Kam is a great sport and talented young man! Leps were a little flat 1st half, however, we made crucial defensive adjustments and stepped it up on offense to get the team and crowd fired up. Bring it on Devine-LG has gameface on! Leps play Devine at Bobcat Stadium in San Marcos with time tba-i heard may be at 7:30pm!? I am sure there were bad calls BOTH ways. Sometimes you think a referee should call something and he may not see it. They can't see the whole field. I think the referees are horrible at times too, but at least they are refereeing the games you watch. With no referees there would be no games. Think about it, or maybe you would like to be a referee :thinking:

44INAROW
11-22-2009, 10:40 AM
D25 class you didn't dissappoint..

:hand: :hand: :hand: :hand:

CueroDad08
11-22-2009, 10:43 AM
Great Win LG. Hope you guys now can go on and make some noise. I am very happy for Edna all week not posting anything at all on this board about the key kids they lost and could not play.
From what I know they lost some to grades and some that were hurt. But that did not stop them from playing hard.

Pudlugger
11-22-2009, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by GreenMachine
I am sure there were bad calls BOTH ways. Sometimes you think a referee should call something and he may not see it. They can't see the whole field. I think the referees are horrible at times too, but at least they are refereeing the games you watch. With no referees there would be no games. Think about it, or maybe you would like to be a referee :thinking:

No thanks, I'm content to be what I am. For the record though, anyone on any job should be held to a standard of performance. Apparently your fine with a substandard performance, I'm not. These guys screwed up. And yes they missed a couple of calls that would have gone against us. That is not the point.

Pudlugger
11-22-2009, 10:49 AM
Great Win LG. Hope you guys now can go on and make some noise. I am very happy for Edna all week not posting anything at all on this board about the key kids they lost and could not play.
From what I know they lost some to grades and some that were hurt. But that did not stop them from playing hard.

That's the way the cookie crumbles Dad. Edna fans don't need to make excuses when they have Cuero fans like you doing it for them. The Leps played with guys out too. It happens.

LHS 2SONS
11-22-2009, 11:20 AM

Come on guys, you win with class and you lose with class.

Edna supporters did talk about Kam this and Kam that, and Kam did do it in the first half. This young man is an outstanding athlete and what I have heard is a great young man as well. I wish him the best. Congrats Edna on a great season! The town of Edna was well represented last night, it shows how proud you guys are of your Team.

Now, I am off to the deer lease and will be back Wednesday. Everybody have a great week and Happy Thanksgiving!

dude
11-22-2009, 11:31 AM
There are several points I would like to make, but I will bite my tongue for now. Good Luck La Grange and yes we are proud of our Cowboys.

TRENCHES06
11-22-2009, 11:37 AM
Kam Jones is one heck of a player. Great effort by the Cowboys. Glad our Leps live to play another week.

VoiceOfReason
11-22-2009, 02:30 PM
Kam Jones is the real deal. IMO, he was the best athlete on the field. He had one receiver completely left uncovered all night, and he hit him right in the numbers several times to no avail. LG played flat the first half, but made adjustments, which made all the difference. They took advantage of the left side for the entire second half and capitalized on that. It was obvious that the kick-offs were pooch kicks, not on-side kicks, which is what I'd call good defense. It was an exciting game, especially given the fact that I didn't have a dog in the hunt.

footballguru
11-23-2009, 08:10 AM
With all the hype about Kam Jones, I went to the game expecting to see some incredible athlete. Well, I left the game with a greater admiration of a truly gifted athlete. Kam is one of the best athletes that I have seen grace the football field. If some college takes a chance on him at QB, I think they will find a hidden jewel. Posters, say he is getting recruited as a wr or db, I, in my humble opinion think he can play QB at the next level. He has great pocket awareness and he showed not only touch but also a very strong arm. Good luck Kam Jones in your future. I also left the game with a new respect for the leps. They came back and won a game after being down for the first time all season at halftime. Their offense is exciting and their defense after a couple of drives adjusts and shuts teams down after haltime. Go leps beat Devine.