PDA

View Full Version : Rockdale vs. Coldspring

Milk That Cow
11-14-2009, 01:34 AM
It's Gonna Take Rockdale's Best Effort Of The Year To Beat Coldspring...

Can They Do It?

Pudlugger
11-14-2009, 01:37 AM
No. Too much offense for the Tigers this game.

IHStangFan
11-14-2009, 01:39 AM
I'm gonna go w/ Coldspring. They seem to be on a roll.

trojandad
11-14-2009, 01:41 AM
if we hold on to the ball as we did tonight, we're tough....its all about turnovers with us.....if our defense stays on the field a lot with several "three and out"s from the offense, we sure get tired in the 4th.....

thepatriot
11-14-2009, 03:52 AM
Coldspring over WOS
Cleveland over B-C

I hope this shuts up the SE Tx faithful this year TROJANDAD. Im proud of our boys and our district. Good luck vs Rockdale, we will be cheering for yall.

WOS87
11-14-2009, 03:58 AM
Originally posted by thepatriot
Coldspring over WOS
Cleveland over B-C

I HOPE THIS SHUTS UP THE SE TX FAITHFUL this year TROJANDAD. Im proud of our boys and our district. Good luck vs Rockdale, we will be cheering for yall.

Umm... Sorry but NOT gonna happen! I'm still here.

:D :D

...and Good Luck to the both of you by the way!

Old Tiger
11-14-2009, 09:35 AM
any word on a location?

87 TIGER
11-14-2009, 10:12 AM
Conroe

Old Tiger
11-14-2009, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by 87 TIGER
Conroe Guessing Coldspring won the toss?

trojandad
11-14-2009, 10:22 AM
you KNOW conroe or just giving a good guess? i would guess huntsville....

87 TIGER
11-14-2009, 10:26 AM
I think it was already decided with wos & Coldspring before they played. Not 100% but pretty sure

trojandad
11-14-2009, 10:32 AM
just would have both teams going south, but, hey, sounds good to me, conroe has been great to us in the past....just happy to be driving south.....

trojandad
11-14-2009, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
Guessing Coldspring won the toss?

huntsville would be closer to both of us......

87 TIGER
11-14-2009, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by trojandad
you KNOW conroe or just giving a good guess? i would guess huntsville.... It is Conroe, and I think it will be friday 7:30

trojandad
11-14-2009, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by thepatriot
Coldspring over WOS
Cleveland over B-C

I hope this shuts up the SE Tx faithful this year TROJANDAD. Im proud of our boys and our district. Good luck vs Rockdale, we will be cheering for yall.

listen, i'd be rooting for the team i saw in wo-s if i were them as well....the up side for us is that we finally put together an offense that proved it could score on them, but without them giving us 5 more possessions than would have normally occurred, we wouldn't have had a chance to roll up that offense and our kids, most of them 2 way players, would have become exhausted playing defense all night....don't know if you realize it but wo-s went into the record books last night with a 99 yd TD catch, you can't make them any longer than that.....

last night was one of those nights when, as the old saying goes, the teams could play again after switching jerseys and the outcome would probably be the same....and when it's all said and done, isn't THAT the best complement that can be paid to two teams? these two teams could play 10 times and i GUARANTEE they'd go 5-5....i'll remember the matchup for years to come, not just the outcome....

good luck to you guys against caldwell, you have your hands full there....

Coach BS
11-17-2009, 12:31 PM
Wow, where are all the Rockdale folks?

HEMOTOXIC
11-17-2009, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by Coach BS
Wow, where are all the Rockdale folks?

I think they will be out in full force if the Tigers win Friday.

Yoe_09
11-17-2009, 01:15 PM
I think Coldspring will probably win by 10 or so.

tigerfan09
11-17-2009, 01:45 PM
Is KRXT-Rockdale airing this game? Will it be online?

Yoe_09
11-17-2009, 01:48 PM
Yes they will according to their website www.krxt.com in the sports section.

RTigMom
11-17-2009, 08:50 PM
Rockdale always has a good crowd for their games. We'll be out in full force Friday night. I'm getting my cowbell ready as we speak!!!

Yoe_09
11-17-2009, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by RTigMom
Rockdale always has a good crowd for their games. We'll be out in full force Friday night. I'm getting my cowbell ready as we speak!!!

lol, that reminds me of someone in Cameron that has the cowbells all the time.

trojandad
11-17-2009, 10:51 PM
ok, we need a friendly bet on this game......if rockdale wins, i'll wear a rockdale hat and sing the rockdale school song, video myself and link it on here.....what'll you guys pony up should we win??

Yoe_09
11-17-2009, 10:56 PM
ok, we need a friendly bet on this game......if rockdale wins, i'll wear a rockdale hat and sing the rockdale school song, video myself and link it on here.....what'll you guys pony up should we win??

would you honestly do that?

HEMOTOXIC
11-17-2009, 11:01 PM

Interesting.:thinking: :D

trojandad
11-17-2009, 11:12 PM
i'd try to.....maybe wouldn't get it done the next day but i'd get it done.......haven't heard what you guys would do.......maybe post a picture of bowing to a coldspring logo?!?! rofl

old dragon
11-17-2009, 11:48 PM
Hey Trojan Dad,best of luck to your team.I have pulled for the Trojans since 02.The ISD gave my daughter her first teaching job.I spent lots of days in your community.Thought the Bucks and TROJANS might meet in the playoffs a couple of years there.Anyway,much sucess to your team,good to know you still support them after your son is gone.

trojandad
11-18-2009, 12:10 AM
holy cow, what a great surprise !!!! how are you, my friend...?? i remember well.....yes, my oldest got put on the Wall of Honor the next year, then got to participate with the div II SHSU playoff run for the national championship the next year along with another coldspring grad....

sure wish you could have seen the wo-s game last week, you'd have enjoyed both teams immensely....i hope your daughter is doing well, she's not there anymore, right??

SOOOOOO good to see you again......glad your still around...

old dragon
11-18-2009, 12:48 AM
I was fortunate enough to see a couple of games on the tube that year.And yes my Daughter has since married and moved to the city.I try see as much HS football as possible and still love those Bucks.Hope to get a chance to see you down the road to State(Buckeyes have played on Sat.1st two games).

trojandad
11-18-2009, 02:23 AM
works for me......i'd love to do a lot of traveling the next few weeks......if you guys stay healthy you sound like you have the horses.....appreciate the good words and we'll look to see if future games put us near each other soon, cause i'd like to see the bucks play.....God bless......

zebrablue2
11-18-2009, 08:06 AM
pulling for rockdale, but picking coldspring by 10..

Coach BS
11-18-2009, 08:23 AM
ok, we need a friendly bet on this game......if rockdale wins, i'll wear a rockdale hat and sing the rockdale school song, video myself and link it on here.....what'll you guys pony up should we win?? We will let you guys advance to the next round.

BUT IT AINT GONNA HAPPEN, WHERE DO I SEND THE ROCKDALE HAT

trojandad
11-18-2009, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by Coach BS
We will let you guys advance to the next round.

BUT IT AINT GONNA HAPPEN, WHERE DO I SEND THE ROCKDALE HAT

cute........gotta have an opposite side of this bet before its on.....we're a little slow in coldspring but we're smart enough to not be making bets with ourselves.....

guess i'll pull the offer, was just trying to liven it up some......sure hope for a safe game for both......

rockdale80
11-18-2009, 07:28 PM
cute........gotta have an opposite side of this bet before its on.....we're a little slow in coldspring but we're smart enough to not be making bets with ourselves.....

guess i'll pull the offer, was just trying to liven it up some......sure hope for a safe game for both......

If you are that confident in a victory then it shouldnt matter what the counter offer is. Unless there is a little doubt I mean. :D

GO TIGERS!

trojandad
11-18-2009, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by rockdale80
If you are that confident in a victory then it shouldnt matter what the counter offer is. Unless there is a little doubt I mean. :D

GO TIGERS!

you'll be hard pressed to ever find me saying i've ever been confident of any win by any team......but isn't a bet with myself kinda like calling myself in a poker hand? i could just as easily ask whats so hard about offering to sing our fight song if you lose?? its cool though, was just an offer.......

sorry theres not someone on here from coldspring to get after you guys like your navasota and caldwell friends do, i just never was someone to rub somebody's nose in a loss, or anticipated one.....even when i played i was low key to opponents and hard on my teammates, i like wins to speak for me, not my mouth.....

i understand people are giving us a lot bigger chance over you guys since the wo-s win, and granted i have wanted to spout on how good i thought our team was all year, but believe me when i tell you the most dangerous upset time i've ever seen is after a team has worked for years to overcome an opponent and has to play the next game.....in our case, we are prime for an upset....heres hoping allen's leadership shines through a possible letdown.......

rockdale80
11-18-2009, 11:55 PM
you'll be hard pressed to ever find me saying i've ever been confident of any win by any team......but isn't a bet with myself kinda like calling myself in a poker hand? i could just as easily ask whats so hard about offering to sing our fight song if you lose?? its cool though, was just an offer.......

sorry theres not someone on here from coldspring to get after you guys like your navasota and caldwell friends do, i just never was someone to rub somebody's nose in a loss, or anticipated one.....even when i played i was low key to opponents and hard on my teammates, i like wins to speak for me, not my mouth.....

i understand people are giving us a lot bigger chance over you guys since the wo-s win, and granted i have wanted to spout on how good i thought our team was all year, but believe me when i tell you the most dangerous upset time i've ever seen is after a team has worked for years to overcome an opponent and has to play the next game.....in our case, we are prime for an upset....heres hoping allen's leadership shines through a possible letdown.......

I love watching playoff games, unfortunately it is the end of football for most of the seniors playing. It is always tough to see the ones that left it all on the field for so many years hang up their pads for the last time...

I was just ribbing you by the way. I am a terrible singer. :)

trojandad
11-19-2009, 12:01 AM
hey, i'll follow you guys thru the rest of the playoffs if you win, just do the same with us......

trojandad
11-19-2009, 05:06 PM
do you guys do much tailgating at your playoff games??

RTigMom
11-19-2009, 08:57 PM
TrojanDad,

I've got a Rockdale hat ready for you to wear. How about we meet up before or after the game and exchange gear. I KNOW I sure can't sing, but I'd follow your team if they win. I won't say our boys are going to lose. I have a senior on the team and we're not planning on this being our last game. We're counting on being there til Christmas. Our boys are fired up!! We had an awesome pep rally and bonfire tonight. If I can figure out how to post some pics, I will. Just hope the weather cooperates tomorrow!

I'm not one to brag or cut another team down. Never have. I just love football. I always follow someone through the playoffs. I know each and everyone of those boys get out there and give it all they've got.

Hope to see you there! I'll be the one with the loudest cowbell.

trojandad
11-20-2009, 10:09 AM
bless your heart, mom.....yours is a perspective i'm glad i never had for football, the mom watching her son getting hit over and over.....as a dad i can look at it and remember and appreciate but my son's mom would hide her eyes and tear after big hits on her boys....you root for that guy as loud as you can, he's gonna want his mom if he wins and need her if he doesn't......

i'll sure check out the parking lot for any tailgaters but i don't share everyones enthusiasm that tonight is gonna dry up, hope it does, mind you, but i think its gonna rain too much for many to be tailgating.....

i'll probably be the only coldspring person wearing a mustang hat....lol.....this game doesn't appear to be too high on too many radars, so to follow the winner whoever it is will sure be good for the victor......thanks for the offer, we'll do the same.....

ProudHornetMom
11-20-2009, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by RTigMom
TrojanDad,

I've got a Rockdale hat ready for you to wear. How about we meet up before or after the game and exchange gear. I KNOW I sure can't sing, but I'd follow your team if they win. I won't say our boys are going to lose. I have a senior on the team and we're not planning on this being our last game. We're counting on being there til Christmas. Our boys are fired up!! We had an awesome pep rally and bonfire tonight. If I can figure out how to post some pics, I will. Just hope the weather cooperates tomorrow!

I'm not one to brag or cut another team down. Never have. I just love football. I always follow someone through the playoffs. I know each and everyone of those boys get out there and give it all they've got.

Hope to see you there! I'll be the one with the loudest cowbell.

From one senior mom/loud cowbell ringer to another...good luck tonight and I hope the Tigers win. Know you are proud, excited and anxious for the game to begin.

RTigMom
11-20-2009, 01:25 PM
Good luck to all of the D24 schools tonight. Good luck to your senior and Hornets tonight ProudHornetMom. Are you having as difficult a time with them being a senior as I am? This is my baby. I've been watching him play since 3rd grade.

TrojanDad,

I'm always the mom yelling GET HIM!!!!. But, I can tell you for sure if a kid is down the mom knows when it's theirs. From looking at radar, think it's going to be a wet night for sure.

trojandad
11-20-2009, 06:28 PM
we're leaving for the game.....going to red robin for burgers after, would love to meet all of you.......

i'm easy to find, just look for the absolutely UGLIEST man in the place, then if he has the most gorgeous lady on his arm that causes you to say "wow, how'd that poor lady get stuck with that mongoloid?!?!?", that will be me.....

please give all my friends safe travel, Father, and keep them all safe, no matter the uniform, amen........