PDA

View Full Version : Brookshire Royal -vs- Yoakum Rd. 2

IHStangFan
11-14-2009, 12:49 AM
Let me start by saying.....WOW....GREAT win Falcons. I'm very impressed. I've been saying for about 3 years now "watch out for BR when they realize they are talented". You proved it tonight!! I'm a believer!!

The rest of D26 is behind you, supporting you all the way!! GO FALCONS, represent D26 well!!

With that said....I think the Falcons will have too much speed for the Dawgs to contain.

BR 38
Yoakum 20

44INAROW
11-14-2009, 12:53 AM
this will be a good one... I've heard the Falcons are good and really fast. Yoakum gave Cuero all they wanted - lets hope they can do the same plus a little more against Brookshire Royal. I think it's going to be a close one..

good luck Bulldogs

IHStangFan
11-14-2009, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
this will be a good one... I've heard the Falcons are good and really fast. Yoakum gave Cuero all they wanted - lets hope they can do the same plus a little more against Brookshire Royal. I think it's going to be a close one..

good luck Bulldogs Yup....Yoakum is ALWAYS salty.....ALWAYS.

I've been keeping a close eye on BR all season...as I just had "that feeling" this might be their year. I BELIEVE they have a new coach (in his second year if I'm not mistaken)...who seems to have these kids believing in themselves, which...to my knowledge is something new for them at BR. They've ALWAYS had talent and lots of speed. Each week they seem to gel a little more, and have peaked at JUST the right time. I'm very happy for them over in Brookshire. It's about time!! :clap:

SintonFan
11-14-2009, 01:07 AM
I always stop at the Shell there off IH-10 on my way back from Houston.:nerd:

IHStangFan
11-14-2009, 01:08 AM
I go through there every other weekend headed to our property. :cool:

BRfalconfan
11-14-2009, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
I always stop at the Shell there off IH-10 on my way back from Houston.:nerd:

Heard they put water in there gas be careful

IHStangFan
11-14-2009, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
I always stop at the Shell there off IH-10 on my way back from Houston.:nerd: You ought to drive down in there and check out that college campus they use as a HS. It's an impressive facility.

SintonFan
11-14-2009, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by BRfalconfan
Heard they put water in there gas be careful

I go through there every two years or so. The guy behind the counter always asks me if I want a squishee...

I am wary. Thanks. But they do have fairly cheap gas. Now I know why.:eek:

IHStangFan
11-14-2009, 01:29 AM
Brookshire Royal at a glance:

Offense:

3862 Total Yds
2370 yds rushing; 6.12yds/carry
1592 yds passing; 13.49yds/catch

Offensive playmakers:

QB Eric Mathews is 114 of 182 for 1536 yds, 9 TDs & 7INTs; 653 yds rushing, avg. 5.94yds/carry and 11 TDs.

RB Brandon Williams has 1389 yds, avg. 7.35 yds/carry; 10 TDs; 480 yds receiving, 4 TDs

WR Shane Alexander has 592yds and 3 TDs

There are several others w/ carries and catches.

The Falcons have 12 INTs on defense.

RB Brandon Williams is a junior.

29-3aFAN
11-14-2009, 01:53 AM
Battle of the 6-5 ball clubs correct? I know Yoakum is 6-5.

IHStangFan
11-14-2009, 01:59 AM
Yes sir....BR is 6-5, 4-1 in district.

29-3aFAN
11-14-2009, 02:10 AM
Here is a little break down on points scored and allowed thru 11 games.

Def points allowed (average per gm):
Yoakum 20.9
Brookshire Royal 26.4

Offense pts scored (average per gm):
Yoakum 35.3
Brookshire Royal 28

IHStangFan
11-14-2009, 02:13 AM
Originally posted by 29-3aFAN
Here is a little break down on points scored and allowed thru 11 games.

Def points allowed (average per gm):
Yoakum 20.9
Brookshire Royal 26.4

Offense pts scored (average per gm):
Yoakum 35.3
Brookshire Royal 28 Then they go and score 40 on Giddings and only allow 21

There's something going on in BR. They're not the same team they were at the beginning of the season. They're weakness...if they have one...would have to be consistency....but they seem to be on track as of late.

It's gonna be an interesting game.

Any idea on where it'll be played?

29-3aFAN
11-14-2009, 02:16 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
Then they go and score 40 on Giddings and only allow 21

There's something going on in BR. They're not the same team they were at the beginning of the season. They're weakness...if they have one...would have to be consistency....but they seem to be on track as of late.

It's gonna be an interesting game.

Any idea on where it'll be played?

I'll post as soon as I hear. My friend does the sports column in the Yoakum paper. Victoria would be cool. Couple minutes from the house, lol

IHStangFan
11-14-2009, 02:17 AM
I'll post as soon as I hear. My friend does the sports column in the Yoakum paper. Victoria would be cool. Couple minutes from the house, lol Yeah...and not too far away from us either. I wanted to go see Cuero/Sealy, but I don't think I'll drive to San Marcos. I MIGHT try and make this one. Should be a good game.

29-3aFAN
11-14-2009, 02:19 AM
Looking at the map, El Campo would be pretty close to neutral.

IHStangFan
11-14-2009, 02:20 AM
Looking at the map, El Campo would be pretty close to neutral. Yeah...I'm wondering if someone already has dibs.....figured that's where Cuero/Sealy would have played. That'd be great if you guys got El Campo...I'd almost definitely be there. That's only about 45mins away.

WOS87
11-14-2009, 02:23 AM
WOW! Good job Brookshire!! You guys either were having a MAJOR down week when you played WO-S and/or have come a long way since then. Good luck in the future rounds!

IHStangFan
11-14-2009, 02:25 AM
Originally posted by WOS87
WOW! Good job Brookshire!! You guys either were having a MAJOR down week when you played WO-S and/or have come a long way since then. Good luck in the future rounds! They started out as the "typical" BR team of late....then somewhere along the way gained some confidence and began to believe in themselves. They've always had the athletes....now they have a new found confidence.....and I'm very happy for them!! :clap:

I know I'm going on and on about it....but I love a Cinderella story! I hope they are able to make it continue for awhile.

SHSBulldog00
11-14-2009, 03:12 AM
Brookshire will win. Just like I said they would beat Giddings.:D

BRfalconfan
11-14-2009, 03:23 AM
Its going to be played saturday at 7 in victoria

hookandladder
11-14-2009, 08:44 AM
Yeah...I'm wondering if someone already has dibs.....figured that's where Cuero/Sealy would have played. That'd be great if you guys got El Campo...I'd almost definitely be there. That's only about 45mins away.

La Grange plays in El Campo.

BRfalconfan
11-14-2009, 11:14 AM
The only thing bad about a saturday game is I have to wait an extra day

29-3aFAN
11-14-2009, 12:26 PM
Its going to be played saturday at 7 in victoria

Awesome, leaves my Friday open to support Edna or Cuero.

IHStangFan
11-14-2009, 10:30 PM
If I DON'T go....I will definitely listen online!!

BRfalconfan
11-14-2009, 10:33 PM
What kind of offense/deffense does yoakum run

fourbeee
11-14-2009, 11:31 PM
Reading most of the post on the downlow, most of BR fans are thinking they are going to run all over Yoakum and are looking to playing Sinton/Pearsall and where they will be playing them. Yoakum plays hard nosed smash mouth football. They are as big upfront as anbody in 3A and have the ability to run over you. So I wouldn't take them to lightly. Those kids actually think they have a chance to win this game.

BRfalconfan
11-14-2009, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by fourbeee
Reading most of the post on the downlow, most of BR fans are thinking they are going to run all over Yoakum and are looking to playing Sinton/Pearsall and where they will be playing them. Yoakum plays hard nosed smash mouth football. They are as big upfront as anbody in 3A and have the ability to run over you. So I wouldn't take them to lightly. Those kids actually think they have a chance to win this game.

No one doubts yoakum this is playoffs u have to take it a week at a time or u won't make it to the next week the falcons are happy over there win but I no they won't be looking past this week until the week is over

IHStangFan
11-14-2009, 11:57 PM
Reading most of the post on the downlow, most of BR fans are thinking they are going to run all over Yoakum and are looking to playing Sinton/Pearsall and where they will be playing them. Yoakum plays hard nosed smash mouth football. They are as big upfront as anbody in 3A and have the ability to run over you. So I wouldn't take them to lightly. Those kids actually think they have a chance to win this game. I must not be looking in the right place....I haven't seen a single post about BR fans looking forward to Sinton/Pearsall winner.

With that said...everyone on the DL and otherwise is well aware that Yoakum is a scrappy team and likes to "punch you in the mouth" early and often.

If I've somehow missed a thread or something about BR talking about playing Sinton/Pearsall, I apologize. But I haven't seen it.

BRfalconfan
11-15-2009, 01:54 PM
Its really quite on here

29-3aFAN
11-15-2009, 05:58 PM
Its really quite on here
Yes, it is.

BRfalconfan
11-15-2009, 06:00 PM
Yes, it is.

Does anyone no what field the game is at

Old Green
11-15-2009, 07:50 PM
Does anyone no what field the game is at Victoria Memorial Stadium

12thMan
11-15-2009, 08:06 PM
I am picking Yoakum like I did last week. Yoakum is very big and they will run Heights and eat up the clock to keep the BR speed off the field. William can kick those FG's also. I'm saying 24-21 Yoakum.

R4Editor
11-15-2009, 08:23 PM
BR is one of the few RIV playoff teams I haven't seen but the reports I get is they are scary fast, and tougher than most seem to think. BR is not a bunch of track guys running around. BR has some very good football players. The victory over Giddings should quiet any skeptics that think this is just a "fast" team.

Yoakum I have seen and they are big and strong. They seem to have struggled against fast teams, but, if the 'dogs are on their game they will keep the ball for long periods and they will compete. Their QB is also a very good kicker and his ability to hit the long FG may play a huge part in a close game.

This game is a contrast in styles and who ever can impose their game plan on the other comes away with the win.

BRfalconfan
11-16-2009, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by R4Editor
BR is one of the few RIV playoff teams I haven't seen but the reports I get is they are scary fast, and tougher than most seem to think. BR is not a bunch of track guys running around. BR has some very good football players. The victory over Giddings should quiet any skeptics that think this is just a "fast" team.

Yoakum I have seen and they are big and strong. They seem to have struggled against fast teams, but, if the 'dogs are on their game they will keep the ball for long periods and they will compete. Their QB is also a very good kicker and his ability to hit the long FG may play a huge part in a close game.

This game is a contrast in styles and who ever can impose their game plan on the other comes away with the win.

R4 where u go off to I was hoping for some region 4 week 11 pickems and previews last week but nothing

AKA CEASAR
11-16-2009, 02:40 PM
Is this a repeat of last week?? BR can't beat another team that's supposedly better than them...haven't you guys learned your lesson yet....40-21 wasn't a fluke, but yet still hear Yoakum is Salty...what was Giddings??? Guess you have to win a state title to get some respect....well good luck to both teams...

fourbeee
11-16-2009, 02:55 PM
I can assure you "Ceasar"the Yoakum kids and coaches don't look at Royal as an inferior team. They know they are going to have play a near perfect game to have a chance of winning. Speed has given them trouble all year. But as most all have said, they are big and very strong. They are not fancy, just play old fashioned smash-mouth football. They can throw the ball when they have to, but they would rather line up and run right at you. The bulldogs were underdogs last week and probably will be again this week.

1st and goal
11-16-2009, 05:35 PM
I can tell you that BR's nose guard is so big, he has trouble keeping his pants up.:doh: They have some really talented players. Typical play is to hike the ball to QB who then hands it to #5 in a draw play. It seemed that sometimes their running backs would be in forward motion prior to the ball being snapped. Maybe it was just my old eyes.

#5 won't be brought down with an arm tackle. You need a good solid wrap up tackle and then he still might bounce off of you.

If I was Yoakum's coach, (and the field will be dry) I'd be practicing some strong side sweeps around the end, screen plays, and maybe a quick slant to beat their defensive penetration.

Be ready to put your earplugs in at halftime, their band is LOUD and energetic.

HEMOTOXIC
11-16-2009, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by 1st and goal

They are loud aren't they. I like em. They play like they are at a football game unlike some who act as if they are playing at a memorial, funeral, etc.

R4Editor
11-16-2009, 05:48 PM
R4 where u go off to I was hoping for some region 4 week 11 pickems and previews last week but nothing
Tough week last week, but we're back!
Preview and picks will be up Wed.

BRfalconfan
11-16-2009, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by R4Editor
Tough week last week, but we're back!
Preview and picks will be up Wed.

Great to hear

JohnnieLightnin
11-16-2009, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by WOS87
WOW! Good job Brookshire!! You guys either were having a MAJOR down week when you played WO-S and/or have come a long way since then. Good luck in the future rounds!

WO-S is really good and make a lot of teams have MAJOR breakdowns but you are correct they have steadily improved each game. The biggest improvement is their offensive line. Early in the season they didn't play so hot as a unit but they have gotten better each week. I saw Yoakum scrimmage against Wharton and they didn't look very good but it was a new offense and I am sure it took a little time to come together. Apparently they have it going now. I will say Royal wins and Yoakum keeps it close if they control the ball and limit Royals time of possession. If Royal has the ball a lot, they will score a lot.

12thMan
11-16-2009, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by AKA CEASAR
Is this a repeat of last week?? BR can't beat another team that's supposedly better than them...haven't you guys learned your lesson yet....40-21 wasn't a fluke, but yet still hear Yoakum is Salty...what was Giddings??? Guess you have to win a state title to get some respect....well good luck to both teams...

And what was La Vernia, chopped liver?? LV lost to Giddings by one touchdown earlier in the season. So it looks like both Yoakum and BR pulled an upset. LV was a very good football team and Yoakum stuffed them.

Crasher
11-16-2009, 10:23 PM
enough talk....we'll play saturday....we know yoakum is a good unit..i watched the football team as it worked all day today at practice with the music at full blast in the stadium and no huddle hurry up offense...we ran 78 plays( yes i counted) in 20 minutes of team...the kids were hitting all out and yelling the whole practice...i would put my money on royal...these damn kids are hungry...there was 2 fights at practice....and after they were seperated the kids hugged each other and ran back to the line laughing....

txsportswriter
11-16-2009, 10:32 PM
I do believe this will be a VERY close game with Yoakum's William Markert booting a game-winning field goal late in the game. Final score, Yoakum 31, Royal 29. Who ever wins this game has a good shot at winning this region if they can get past La Grange, whom I think will easily defeat Edna this weekend.

Cowboy_Up
11-16-2009, 10:35 PM
Were you at the Yoakum/Edna game?

txsportswriter
11-16-2009, 10:46 PM
Edna didn't impress me one bit with the exception of Kam Jones. A one-man team can only get you so far. Especially with your star RB down. That freshman Cantu can't help Jones out enough. Besides, La Grange's passing offense is to much for the Poke defense. La Grange 41, Edna 21

lvbears32
11-16-2009, 10:50 PM
Brookshire Royal has the athletes to run away with this game, but Yoakum doesnt do too much, they play hard, have a solid running game, and are very good at game planning teams. they also have a very good kicker that can salvage 3 points for his team. ill take Yoakum 27-21 if Royal turns the ball over. If Royal holds on to the ball its 42-14 Royal

Cowboy_Up
11-16-2009, 10:50 PM
You were at the game where Edna beat Yoakum?

scrub c
11-16-2009, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by 1st and goal

I saw BR play WOS. BR band half time show was a tribute to michael jackson... It was great!!!

And by the way, for those of you wondering, BR had 3 (That I personally saw) starters not play against WOS. I think it was like flu or something and it was the big boys first game back. played maybe 1/3 of the snaps...

Have not seen Yoakum, but have seen BR... Im taking BR in this one. The amount of speed they put on the field is crazy.

IHStangFan
11-16-2009, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by Cowboy_Up
You were at the game where Edna beat Yoakum? C_U.....stop taking people picking against your Cowboys so personal amigo! YEESH!

Cowboy_Up
11-16-2009, 11:13 PM
IHS, I have no problem whatsoever with people picking against Edna. You gave me a hard time all throughout the Cuero-Edna thread and if you go back and read you'll see where all I did was say why I thought the cowboys could compete with Cuero.
This guy from Yoakum works for their local paper and he roots for Yoakum which is great, he should. But, we beat Yoakum and I was just asking if he was at the game.
Your not the forum police. I'm fully aware that we are a huge underdog to La Grange and I think most will see it that way. No problem. I just not a fan of guys talking down teams they haven't seen...or maybe haven't seen. OK?
Sorry Yoakum peeps for thread hijack. I'm rooting for you all and I think you can win this Sat night. Good luck.

IHStangFan
11-16-2009, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by Cowboy_Up
IHS, I have no problem whatsoever with people picking against Edna. You gave me a hard time all throughout the Cuero-Edna thread and if you go back and read you'll see where all I did was say why I thought the cowboys could compete with Cuero.
This guy from Yoakum works for their local paper and he roots for Yoakum which is great, he should. But, we beat Yoakum and I was just asking if he was at the game.
Your not the forum police. I'm fully aware that we are a huge underdog to La Grange and I think most will see it that way. No problem. I just not a fan of guys talking down teams they haven't seen...or maybe haven't seen. OK?
Sorry Yoakum peeps for thread hijack. I'm rooting for you all and I think you can win this Sat night. Good luck. Obviously you haven't seen my badge!!! RESPECT MAH AUTHORITAH!!!!

(@) <------ My Badge!!

Relax amigo, I'm just sayin. The Cowboys will be fine, and will play La Grange tough, just like they've played everyone else tough up until this point.

sotxrat
11-17-2009, 12:20 AM
br will take this game, no disrespect to yoakum fans and players, but speed kills

29-3aFAN
11-17-2009, 01:30 AM
Brookshire Royal 40, Giddings 21
Apparently, we completely disrespected district 26-3A this season -- while 25-3A got all the hype, Sealy had to score with seconds to go to survive Needville, and Giddings couldn't get past an upset-minded Brookshire Royal squad. Royal got out to a 20-6 halftime lead, and even though Giddings racked up 15 points in the final two frames, Royal's pounding run game kept the ball on its side and found the endzone three times. La Grange was the only 25-5A playoff to easily pass its 26-5A test this weekend -- watch out for Brookshire Royal, now.

Yoakum 22, La Vernia 13
Another big upset out in Region IV, Yoakum reminded everyone that La Vernia, as consistent as it is, isn't invincible. Yoakum scored on four of its first five possessions Friday night, and then the defense took care of the rest. The offensive line was very impressive as the ground game controlled the clock for most of the night -- and now Yoakum faces a similar team in Brookshire Royal in the second round. Most people had Giddings vs. La Vernia penciled into these two slots, but a pair of upsets has turned DII's Region IV upside down in a hurry.

IHStangFan
11-17-2009, 01:35 AM
Brookshire Royal 40, Giddings 21
Apparently, we completely disrespected district 26-3A this season -- while 25-3A got all the hype, Sealy had to score with seconds to go to survive Needville, and Giddings couldn't get past an upset-minded Brookshire Royal squad. Royal got out to a 20-6 halftime lead, and even though Giddings racked up 15 points in the final two frames, Royal's pounding run game kept the ball on its side and found the endzone three times. La Grange was the only 25-5A playoff to easily pass its 26-5A test this weekend -- watch out for Brookshire Royal, now.

Yoakum 22, La Vernia 13
Another big upset out in Region IV, Yoakum reminded everyone that La Vernia, as consistent as it is, isn't invincible. Yoakum scored on four of its first five possessions Friday night, and then the defense took care of the rest. The offensive line was very impressive as the ground game controlled the clock for most of the night -- and now Yoakum faces a similar team in Brookshire Royal in the second round. Most people had Giddings vs. La Vernia penciled into these two slots, but a pair of upsets has turned DII's Region IV upside down in a hurry. What's new....every year D25 is supposed to run the table on the lowly, weak D26 teams. With that said....I half expected BR to win, maybe not in that fashion, but I figured they would win. More surprising to me was the fact that Sweeny lost to La Grange like they did. Sweeny is a very solid team that beat BR AND Needville.....which are both "run first" teams that rely mainly on their running game. So if I had to guess, I'd say Sweeny just didn't have the secondary to slow LG down, as they haven't faced many...if ANY true passing teams w/ the kind of offensive weapons/air attack that LG brought into that one.

pancho villa
11-17-2009, 08:46 AM
Royal 48 Yokam 0 way too much speed for Yokam to handle

fourbeee
11-17-2009, 10:14 AM
So Pancho, you are saying that BR is that much faster than Cuero. They weren't able to shut out Yoakum. If I remember correctly, the score was 26-23 Cuero, with Cuero throwing a TD pass with less than a minute in the game. If yu are right then BR's backs are both better than Jackson of Cuero. Now, I do think that Yoakum played their best game of the year and I am not sure that Cuero did. I don't mean to take anything away from Yoakums play in that game either. To pick them to shut out the dogs is a bold statement. They have shut out only one team this year which was West Columbia, a 2-7 team and have given up an average of 26.3 points per game. Even if you take out the 64 points scored by Sealy and the 49 points by WOS, it still comes to 19.6 per game. Now unless in the last 3 weeks they have become a defensive monster, there is no way they will give Yoakum a goose egg. If Yoakums "A" team shows up,( and sometimes this year, they haven't), then their big line will wear anybody down. If this team does show up they will put a couple of TDs up minimum. Will this be enough? We will not know until Saturday.

Body
11-17-2009, 10:36 AM
Yes Fourbee, I am saying that BR is much faster than Cuero. I seen both Cuero and BR play. I dont think it will be a shutout though. 38-17 BR

Mojado
11-17-2009, 11:06 AM
If Yoakum turns the ball over 7 times it'll be a blowout... If they play sound offenseive football... BR 35...Ykum 28

pancho villa
11-17-2009, 11:18 AM
So Pancho, you are saying that BR is that much faster than Cuero. They weren't able to shut out Yoakum. If I remember correctly, the score was 26-23 Cuero, with Cuero throwing a TD pass with less than a minute in the game. If yu are right then BR's backs are both better than Jackson of Cuero. Now, I do think that Yoakum played their best game of the year and I am not sure that Cuero did. I don't mean to take anything away from Yoakums play in that game either. To pick them to shut out the dogs is a bold statement. They have shut out only one team this year which was West Columbia, a 2-7 team and have given up an average of 26.3 points per game. Even if you take out the 64 points scored by Sealy and the 49 points by WOS, it still comes to 19.6 per game. Now unless in the last 3 weeks they have become a defensive monster, there is no way they will give Yoakum a goose egg. If Yoakums "A" team shows up,( and sometimes this year, they haven't), then their big line will wear anybody down. If this team does show up they will put a couple of TDs up minimum. Will this be enough? We will not know until Saturday.

Cuero was going through the motions during that part of district play. Royal will A$$ stomp Yokam! Way to much SPEEEEEED!!!!

fourbeee
11-17-2009, 12:01 PM
Pancho you are just showing your ignorance when you say that Cuero was just going thru the motions when they played Yoakum. Cuero always takes Yoakum serious no matter what their records are. Your class-less alligator mouth is overloading your hummingbird arse when you make statements like BR will "A$$ Stomp Yoakum". Most of the grownups on here don't describe how a group of kids are going to play another group of kids the way you do . How old are you anyway? I would say about 12. Am I close?

BRfalconfan
11-17-2009, 03:45 PM
After a win aganist giddings royal has there confidence they win 35 to 13

Big 77 gets another block ;)

hookandladder
11-17-2009, 04:41 PM
After a win aganist giddings royal has there confidence they win 35 to 13

Big 77 gets another block ;)

After beating Giddings, BR should beat Yoakum however if the BR players take Yoakum lightly or let the Giddings win go to their head they will be at home for ThanksGiving and not playing football.

pirate4state
11-17-2009, 04:45 PM
I think regardless of the outcome of our game, I am hitting the road and headed north to watch this game. :)

29-3aFAN
11-17-2009, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by Mojado
If Yoakum turns the ball over 7 times it'll be a blowout... If they play sound offenseive football... BR 35...Ykum 28
Ive seen Yoakum play 5 times this year. I don't believe they had a turnover in those 5 games and they are +15 in that category. They turned the ball over 7 times all year.

IHStangFan
11-17-2009, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by hookandladder
After beating Giddings, BR should beat Yoakum however if the BR players take Yoakum lightly or let the Giddings win go to their head they will be at home for ThanksGiving and not playing football. I doubt BR is going to take ANYONE lightly. They underachieved half of the season....hell...for the last several years, weren't given a snowball's chance in hell to beat Giddings, etc......I have a feeling w/ their confidence up a little...they are on a mission & feel they have something to prove.

44INAROW
11-17-2009, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I think regardless of the outcome of our game, I am hitting the road and headed north to watch this game. :)

I'll holler if we go too! we're tryin to decide between this or the Edna/LaGrange game.. I think both will be good ones..

29-3aFAN
11-17-2009, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I'll holler if we go too! we're tryin to decide between this or the Edna/LaGrange game.. I think both will be good ones..
Yeah, I hate the first couple weeks of the playoffs. I want to watch them all, but have to choose. It gets easier as teams get knocked along the way. At least I can catch 2 this week. Wish Edna played on Thursday.

pancho villa
11-18-2009, 08:38 AM
Pancho you are just showing your ignorance when you say that Cuero was just going thru the motions when they played Yoakum. Cuero always takes Yoakum serious no matter what their records are. Your class-less alligator mouth is overloading your hummingbird arse when you make statements like BR will "A$$ Stomp Yoakum". Most of the grownups on here don't describe how a group of kids are going to play another group of kids the way you do . How old are you anyway? I would say about 12. Am I close?

When Royal whips that butt I want you to tell me how you like your crow. I feel for you. You obviously have little man's syndrome.

Mojado
11-18-2009, 09:59 AM
Ive seen Yoakum play 5 times this year. I don't believe they had a turnover in those 5 games and they are +15 in that category. They turned the ball over 7 times all year.

I was referring to the Giddings game... +15 is very,very good...

fourbeee
11-18-2009, 10:12 AM
I will try to write this in a way that you will understand. Because I called you out on your provocative exclaimation on your prediction for the football game, you feel sorry for me, and I must have little man's syndrome? Also, I don't know how I will eat crow about something that I haven't done. Unlike you, I have not predicted a win or a score. I would like to see Yoakum win, but I don't know the outcome of Saturday's game yet. Even if Yoakum was capable, I wouldn't describe them as giving BR an A$$ stomping the way you have. On your profile page, you say you are a coach and you were born in 1959. As a retired coach, teacher, and school administrator, you would have a tough time working for the most of the principals and superintendents I know in the business. The reason I made a derogatory remark about your age, is because it sounds a whole lot like that of junior high school kid. This is a game involving kids, there is no place for adults like you to try to take it to a differnent level. I would say it is time for you to grow up. Most of us who played football in high school and some of us in college, long ago realized that we were just playing a game with our friends and it has nothing to do with being macho or in your words "having little man syndrome" for not agreeing with your unintelligent grumblings.

pancho villa
11-18-2009, 10:19 AM
I will try to write this in a way that you will understand. Because I called you out on your provocative exclaimation on your prediction for the football game, you feel sorry for me, and I must have little man's syndrome? Also, I don't know how I will eat crow about something that I haven't done. Unlike you, I have not predicted a win or a score. I would like to see Yoakum win, but I don't know the outcome of Saturday's game yet. Even if Yoakum was capable, I wouldn't describe them as giving BR an A$$ stomping the way you have. On your profile page, you say you are a coach and you were born in 1959. As a retired coach, teacher, and school administrator, you would have a tough time working for the most of the principals and superintendents I know in the business. The reason I made a derogatory remark about your age, is because it sounds a whole lot like that of junior high school kid. This is a game involving kids, there is no place for adults like you to try to take it to a differnent level. I would say it is time for you to grow up. Most of us who played football in high school and some of us in college, long ago realized that we were just playing a game with our friends and it has nothing to do with being macho or in your words "having little man syndrome" for not agreeing with your unintelligent grumblings.

WOW you are having a hard time dealing with this issue. If I were you I would just hide until the Royal, Yokam game is over so you don't have to suffer so much indignity.

BRfalconfan
11-19-2009, 04:06 PM
Only 2 days left

gobblerfan02
11-19-2009, 06:33 PM
think my boys in yoakum take this one where most don't give them the credit due...just my humble opinion of course...not due to the fact that I used to teach there or anything!

GreenMachine
11-19-2009, 07:14 PM
Lets go Yoakum. Kick some tail. Not many people are giving you a chance, but Gobbler fans know you can pull it out. We are rooting for you :clap: :clap:

29-3aFAN
11-19-2009, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by GreenMachine
Lets go Yoakum. Kick some tail. Not many people are giving you a chance, but Gobbler fans know you can pull it out. We are rooting for you :clap: :clap:
Back at ya. Will probably watch yall tomorrow if the weather isn't to nasty.

txsportswriter
11-20-2009, 12:59 AM
I've had the honor to cover every single scrimmage and game for the Yoakum Bulldogs this season along with a handful of practices and I can tell you this, the 2009 Yoakum Bulldogs can play like the best team in the state and beat anybody OR play like a mediocre team and get beat by anybody in the state. I support my Bulldogs 110% and root for them to win every single game, but I shoot straight from the hip and tell you how I see it. If Yoakum really, really digs deep and plays with reckless abandon and plays with tons of intensity, heart and desire, they can't be beat. The Bulldogs have enough talent and people in the right spots, that a run at the Division II state championship is not out of question. I've been around them long enough and I've covered numerous HS football teams to know a good one when I see it. With that said, however, this same team can come out flat and have the deer-in-the-headlights look and lose if they get overwhelmed at the start. They also seem to have an on-off switch type of personality and in the playoffs, that can cost you. That switch has to come on and stay on in the playoffs. The team will get down on itself at times and sometimes, a comeback won't always get you out of a hole. I'm not quite sure all the guys on the team believe they are good enough to keep playing into December, but if they ever do REALLY start believing, then watch out. I don't think they know just how good they really are. With all this said, let's just hope the good Yoakum team shows up on Saturday night. HAVE FAITH AND BELIEVE --- GO BULLDOGS!!!!!

29-3aFAN
11-21-2009, 01:25 AM
It's finally Saturday. Congrats to cuero last night. It is your turn to pull thru as well as Edna. Goodluck tonight!!!!

IHStangFan
11-21-2009, 01:25 AM
Will this game be broadcast on the radio/web?

29-3aFAN
11-21-2009, 01:28 AM
Will this game be broadcast on the radio/web? 92.5 out of yoakum

SintonPirateFan
11-21-2009, 05:46 AM
good luck to both teams....and may whichever team Sinton will have an easier time with advance!!! :P

Footballhudini
11-21-2009, 07:21 AM
gooooooooo yoakum

44INAROW
11-21-2009, 09:42 AM
Good Luck to the Bulldogs.. :clap:

CueroDad08
11-21-2009, 10:36 AM
Was going to go to EC and see the LG-Edna game. But I think I am going to root for them DOGS in Victoria

29-3aFAN
11-21-2009, 12:46 PM
0% chance of rain. Awesome, I just got thru drying off from last nights game, lol

29-3aFAN
11-21-2009, 12:54 PM
Victoria Advocate

YOAKUM - Two years ago Yoakum finished with a 1-9 record. Last season the Bulldogs went 8-4 and advanced to the area round of the playoffs. Now they're back in the area round of the playoffs and hoping to take another step forward.

"Everyone has been telling us for a long time that this was going to be our year," said Yoakum senior Jesse Braden. "We just have to play like we know we can to keep this going."

Yoakum (6-5) plays at 7 p.m. on Saturday against Brookshire Royal (6-5) at Memorial Stadium in a Class 3A, Division II area matchup. A win would have Yoakum advancing past area for the first time since it made the quarterfinals in 2002.

The Bulldogs are coming off a 22-13 bi-district win over La Vernia last Friday in Buda. Yoakum ran for 247 yards in the game, but was 0-for-4 passing. Trey Hights led the Bulldogs with 123 yards on the ground, while William Markert ran for 68 yards, including a 24-yard touchdown run.

"We knew La Vernia was a good team but our guys got their minds ready to go and approached it really well," Yoakum first-year head coach Brent Kornegay. "That's what we have to do again this week. We're starting to do a lot of things right to win games. Our offense is moving the ball and our defense is playing at its best right now. I think we're gelling at the right time."

The Bulldogs lost 41-27 to Giddings last year in the area round of the playoffs, but not without gaining experience and putting up a fight. In the game at Austin's House Park, Yoakum fell behind 28-0 before coming back to create a 28-20 score in the third quarter. Giddings ultimately pulled out the win to end Yoakum's season, but the carryover in confidence has helped the team this year.

"Playoffs are a lot faster and pressure," said Yoakum defensive end and offensive lineman Ryan Harabis said. "We played some tough games last year and this year and felt really prepared for this game. La Vernia was really big and we were able to shut them down."

Brookshire Royal, which started the season with a 1-4 record, beat Giddings 40-21 in bi-district last week.

GreenMachine
11-21-2009, 01:00 PM
After Cuero did to Sealy what they did last night and Yoakum and Edna both played Cuero TOUGH, I will give the Bulldogs and Cowboys a better than 50-50 chance of winning their games tonight. Go Bulldogs and Cowboys!!!

29-3aFAN
11-21-2009, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by GreenMachine
After Cuero did to Sealy what they did last night and Yoakum and Edna both played Cuero TOUGH, I will give the Bulldogs and Cowboys a better than 50-50 chance of winning their games tonight. Go Bulldogs and Cowboys!!!

Looking mo n mo beta.

29-3aFAN
11-21-2009, 03:55 PM
Was driving from Shiner to Victoria earlier. Lots of support signs for the dogs on the road on the trip here. Good to see, hopefully they have a good crowd.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-21-2009, 04:32 PM
never seen Brookshire Royal play before so i'm looking for to seeing them. Is the Yoakum HC the ex Orange Grove coach from last year?

pirate4state
11-21-2009, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
never seen Brookshire Royal play before so i'm looking for to seeing them. Is the Yoakum HC the ex Orange Grove coach from last year? Yep.

Going to this game tonight as well. I hope the rain stays away. I am finally completely dry from last night! LOL

GO DOGS! ;)

sinton66
11-21-2009, 07:32 PM
Let's "sticky" so it's easy to find.;)

29-3aFAN
11-21-2009, 07:59 PM
Yt recieves

29-3aFAN
11-21-2009, 08:04 PM
Heights fumble, falcon ball

44INAROW
11-21-2009, 08:09 PM
Heights fumble, falcon ball

ggrrr come on Bulldogs :clap:

SpursFan
11-21-2009, 08:11 PM
First and Goal BR on the 5

SpursFan
11-21-2009, 08:12 PM
Touchdown BR!

6-0

Kick no good

29-3aFAN
11-21-2009, 08:13 PM
BR 4 yd td run, miss xp 6-0

SpursFan
11-21-2009, 08:18 PM
Blocked punt by BR

First and goal on 7

SpursFan
11-21-2009, 08:20 PM
Touchdown BR

13-0

2:32 remaining in first

29-3aFAN
11-21-2009, 08:25 PM
Yt in redzone

SpursFan
11-21-2009, 08:26 PM
Heights 6 carries 83 yards

44INAROW
11-21-2009, 08:27 PM
come on Bulldogs :clap: :clap:

SpursFan
11-21-2009, 08:27 PM
End of first

BR 13
Yoakum 0

SpursFan
11-21-2009, 08:28 PM
3rd and 6

SpursFan
11-21-2009, 08:28 PM
First and goal Bulldogs
on 7

SintonFan_inAustin
11-21-2009, 08:31 PM
Yoakum at BS 4 yd line

1st and goal

run to 1 yd line

2nd and goal

1102 left in 2nd qtr
TD Yoakum by RB

SintonFan_inAustin
11-21-2009, 08:31 PM
Brookshire Royal 13 Yoakum 7 2nd qtr 10:52 left

SintonFan_inAustin
11-21-2009, 08:33 PM
Yoakum kickoff and Brookshire returns it to Yoakum 47 yd line and good return

SintonFan_inAustin
11-21-2009, 08:35 PM
pass to shane alexander in the backfield and picks up 14 to the yoakum 33

another pass to rb in the backfield to Williams and takes to the 5 yd line

SintonFan_inAustin
11-21-2009, 08:36 PM
QB erick mathew fakes the handoff to rb and keeps it and brought down at the 3 yd line

2nd and gola

Williams to the 1 yd line

3rd and goal

SintonFan_inAustin
11-21-2009, 08:36 PM
TD Brookshire Royal by qb Matthew

SintonFan_inAustin
11-21-2009, 08:37 PM
extra point good

Brookshire Royal 20 Yoakum 7 8:43 2nd qtr

SintonFan_inAustin
11-21-2009, 08:38 PM
Brookshire Royal kickoff and Yoakum returns it to their 22 yd line

SintonFan_inAustin
11-21-2009, 08:39 PM
Yoakum on 1st down

rb dropped in the backfield for a 2 yd loss

2nd and 1

SintonFan_inAustin
11-21-2009, 08:41 PM
reciever screen complete for 2 yds

3rd and 10

pass complete on a great catch by #19 for 78 yds and a TD

SpursFan
11-21-2009, 08:41 PM
78 yard pass TD Yoakum

SintonFan_inAustin
11-21-2009, 08:42 PM
extra point the snap to high and throw to the end zone just off

Brookshire Royal 20 Yoakum 13 6:56 2nd qtr

SpursFan
11-21-2009, 08:43 PM
6:56 left in 2

BR 20
Yk 13

gobblerfan02
11-21-2009, 08:44 PM
Nice catch Jesse Braden! C'mon Yoakum!

SintonFan_inAustin
11-21-2009, 08:46 PM
2nd and 11

pass complete for a short gain but holding will make it 2nd and 21

BR at their own 9

pass almost picked off #19

3rd and 21

gobblerfan02
11-21-2009, 08:47 PM
Keep up with the updates!!!

SintonFan_inAustin
11-21-2009, 08:47 PM
pass to Shane Alexander to their own 43

1st down

pass to rb in the backfield and knocked for a 8 yd loss

SintonFan_inAustin
11-21-2009, 08:49 PM
gain of 5 yds

3rd and 13

at their 40

screen to rb and dropped

4th and 13 with 4:10 left til half

SintonFan_inAustin
11-21-2009, 08:50 PM
#5 on the punt return to Brookshire 33 yd line on 42 yd retunr

SintonFan_inAustin
11-21-2009, 08:50 PM
run blitz and rb dropped in the backfield for 5 yd loss

2nd and 15

SintonFan_inAustin
11-21-2009, 08:51 PM
pass to the end zone but well covered and incomplete

3rd and 15 with 310 left and time out by officials as there is a injured player

SintonFan_inAustin
11-21-2009, 08:53 PM
wr ok in the endzone

QB back to pass and runs it up the middle to Brookshire 17 for a 1st down

SintonFan_inAustin
11-21-2009, 08:54 PM
QB keeper and runs it close to a first down

measuring

first down at the 7 yd line

SintonFan_inAustin
11-21-2009, 08:56 PM
1st and goal

RB stuffed after a yd gain

2nd and goal from the 6yd line

TD by the RB

SpursFan
Touchdown Heights!

SpursFan
Yoakum 21-20

2point good

SintonFan_inAustin
11-21-2009, 08:57 PM
extra point attempt faked and holder keeps it and goes around the right side for 2 points

Yoakum 21 Brookshire Royal 20 1:30 left til half

gobblerfan02
11-21-2009, 08:57 PM
There ya go Dawgs!!!

SintonFan_inAustin
11-21-2009, 08:58 PM
kickoff to the endzone and Brookshire returner unable to catch it and touchback

SintonFan_inAustin
11-21-2009, 08:59 PM
rb runs for a 1 yd gain

clock running with 1 min left

2nd and 9

RB runs for 7 yds and time out Royal

3rd and 2 at their own 28

SintonFan_inAustin
11-21-2009, 09:01 PM
45 secs til halftime

Brookshire QB keeps it and picks up the first down to the 30 yd line

SintonFan_inAustin
11-21-2009, 09:01 PM
Royal calls time out with 36 seconds left

Royal at their own 30

SintonFan_inAustin
11-21-2009, 09:02 PM
reciever screen to shane alexander to Yoakum 47 with 29 secs left

gobblerfan02
11-21-2009, 09:03 PM
Hold 'em Yoakum...thx for all the updates SFinA!!!

SintonFan_inAustin
11-21-2009, 09:03 PM
pass to rb to left side and he throws it back to the QB for 42 yds to the Yoakum 6 yd line with 16 secs left

timeout

SintonFan_inAustin
11-21-2009, 09:05 PM
Brookshire with no timeouts

RB runs it to the left side Williams in for the TD with 10 secs left

SintonFan_inAustin
11-21-2009, 09:05 PM
extra point good

Brookshire 27 Yoakum 21

SpursFan
11-21-2009, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
extra point good

Brookshire 27 Yoakum 21

SintonFan_inAustin
are you at the game

SintonFan_inAustin
11-21-2009, 09:07 PM
Brookshire Royal kickoff return to Yoakum 46 with 5 secs left

SintonFan_inAustin
11-21-2009, 09:09 PM
great scramble by the QB to avoid the sack and throws it to around the 15 yd line int to end the half

Brookshire Royal 27 Yoakum 21 halftime

SintonFan_inAustin
11-21-2009, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by SpursFan
SintonFan_inAustin
are you at the game yea

SpursFan
11-21-2009, 09:33 PM
4a update
calhoun sandcrabs
tied 20 20 at halftime

swarm
11-21-2009, 09:35 PM
Who are the sandcrabs playing.

XtremeCouture
11-21-2009, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by swarm
Who are the sandcrabs playing.

mercedes

swarm
11-21-2009, 09:46 PM
Any score on Yoakum and BR?

SintonFan_inAustin
11-21-2009, 09:47 PM
BR gain 1 yd in their first drive in the 3rd qtr and punted to Yoakim

Yoakum at their own 45 after a 1st down
short gain on first down but a face mask on BR puts the ball at BR 34 yd line and first down for Yoakum

SintonFan_inAustin
11-21-2009, 09:49 PM
RB picks up 5 yds

2nd and 5 with 7:55 left in 3rd

fullback Hernandez runs for 2 yds

3rd and 3

SintonFan_inAustin
11-21-2009, 09:50 PM
RB no. 8 brought down in the backfield for a 3 yd loss

4th and 6

Yoakum going for it

wide open in the end zone and dropped on a tough catch

SintonFan_inAustin
11-21-2009, 09:51 PM
BR takes over at their own 30

Williams to the right side for 4 yds

SintonFan_inAustin
11-21-2009, 09:52 PM
QB pass to alexander in the backfield and great defensive play to bring him down back at the 30

3rd and 11

SintonFan_inAustin
11-21-2009, 09:53 PM
QB scramble and gets it off and almost picked off on after a tip

4th and 11 and punting

SintonFan_inAustin
11-21-2009, 09:53 PM
31 yd punt and Yoakum starts at their own 40

with 4:30 left in the 3rd

SintonFan_inAustin
11-21-2009, 09:54 PM
RB runs for 4 yds

2nd and 6

SintonFan_inAustin
11-21-2009, 09:55 PM
pitch out to the left side and cant get around the corner and runs into the bench on sidelines and down.

swarm
11-21-2009, 09:56 PM
What is the score in this game.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-21-2009, 09:56 PM
loss of 5 yds and hes ok

3rd and 11

SintonFan_inAustin
11-21-2009, 09:57 PM
Brookshire 27 Yoakum 21 3:43 left in 3rd

Time out Yoakum

swarm
11-21-2009, 09:58 PM
THANKS

SintonFan_inAustin
11-21-2009, 09:59 PM
QB scrammbles but runs into his lineman for a loss of 9 yds

4th and 20 and punting

SintonFan_inAustin
11-21-2009, 09:59 PM
good punt with the roll and Brookshire starts at their own 23

SintonFan_inAustin
11-21-2009, 10:00 PM
Brandon Williams runs for a first down to their own 32

SintonFan_inAustin
11-21-2009, 10:02 PM
he came up just short so its 2nd and 1 and not 1st down

run for 3 yds for the first down

SintonFan_inAustin
11-21-2009, 10:03 PM
Brookshire Brandon Williams for 2 yds

2nd and 8 at their 37

SintonFan_inAustin
11-21-2009, 10:03 PM
QB keeper for 9 yds to their own 46 for a first down

SintonFan_inAustin
11-21-2009, 10:04 PM
QB pumps and goes deep but well covered and incomplete

2nd and 10

SintonFan_inAustin
11-21-2009, 10:05 PM
QB completes to Richards for 8 yds to Yoakum 46

3rd and 2 an end of 3rd qtr

Brooksire Royal 27 Yoakum 21

SintonFan_inAustin
11-21-2009, 10:07 PM
rb williams for a good gain to the Yoakum 37 for a first down

SintonFan_inAustin
11-21-2009, 10:07 PM
QB zig zags on the keeper and takes it in for the TD. Great run

SintonFan_inAustin
11-21-2009, 10:08 PM
Brookshire 33 Yoakum 21

timeout Brookshire on 2 point try

SintonFan_inAustin
11-21-2009, 10:10 PM
two point try and through the hands of the receiver in the end zone

Brookshire Royal 33 Yoakum 21 with 11:21 left in the game

SintonFan_inAustin
11-21-2009, 10:11 PM
Brookshire Royal Guzman kicks off and Yoakum returns it to 34 yd line for a 34 yd return

SintonFan_inAustin
11-21-2009, 10:12 PM
RB no 8 with a good run for 21 yds to Brookshire 45

SintonFan_inAustin
11-21-2009, 10:13 PM
Heights again on the carry for 2 yds

2nd and 8

SintonFan_inAustin
11-21-2009, 10:14 PM
Heights for 7 yds

3rd and 1 at the BR 36

Heights to 31 yd line for a 1st down

SintonFan_inAustin
11-21-2009, 10:15 PM
Heights again with the carry for a yd. Brookshire stacking the liine

2nd and 9

SintonFan_inAustin
11-21-2009, 10:16 PM
pass to no 19 and pass interference as the ball was underthrown

SintonFan_inAustin
11-21-2009, 10:16 PM
15 yd penalty

ball at the 15 yd line and 1st down

Heights just short of the td and falls at the 1 yd line

SintonFan_inAustin
11-21-2009, 10:17 PM
8:30 left in the game

TD as they give it to no.67

SintonFan_inAustin
11-21-2009, 10:19 PM
two point try and pitch out fumble and Falcon almost return it back for 1 point or 2 points?

Brookshire 33 Yoakum 27

SintonFan_inAustin
11-21-2009, 10:20 PM
8:16 left in the game

kickoff return and almost gone by Brandon williams but tripped off and BR at their own 41

SintonFan_inAustin
11-21-2009, 10:21 PM
QB keeper for 3 yds

SintonFan_inAustin
11-21-2009, 10:21 PM
TD Brandon Williams on the option

SintonFan_inAustin
11-21-2009, 10:22 PM
holding on BR erases the 54 yd td run

SpursFan
11-21-2009, 10:22 PM
56 yard td run BR
called back on holding penalty

SintonFan_inAustin
11-21-2009, 10:23 PM
spot foul so its 2nd and 4

7:19 left

Brandon Williams for a first down to Yoakum 42

44INAROW
11-21-2009, 10:23 PM
whew - sounds like a great game.. D28 not quite the pushover most thought :p Come on Bulldogs.. hold em and get the ball back :)

SintonFan_inAustin
11-21-2009, 10:25 PM
QB fakes a pass and runs it for a few yds

personal foul by Yoakum after the play puts the ball at the yoakum 22

SHSBulldog00
Brookshire at 6-5 was looked at entering the playoffs as an underdog. But probably favorite in this one.

SintonFan_inAustin
run for 5 yds

5:48 left

SintonFan_inAustin
11-21-2009, 10:27 PM
run for 4 yds

3rd and 1 at the Bulldogs 13

run for a first down to the 8

1st and goal and timeout Yoakum

SintonFan_inAustin
11-21-2009, 10:28 PM
5:03 left in the game

QB keeper on the fake handoff inside and TD

44INAROW
11-21-2009, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by SHSBulldog00
Brookshire at 6-5 was looked at entering the playoffs as an underdog. But probably favorite in this one.

oh I understand - my comment was a general "jab" we've (D28) has been referred to as "weak" all year. especially, by well, that's not important.. Regardless, they are not going down without a fight :)

Sounds like BR is moving the ball quickly now. Hard to stop the speed.. and they are smoking fast

SintonFan_inAustin
11-21-2009, 10:29 PM
two point try and QB keeps it up the middle and good

Brookshire 41 Yoakum 27 4:58 left

SintonFan_inAustin
11-21-2009, 10:30 PM
Both teams very good, Sinton will have thier hands full next week.

SHSBulldog00
11-21-2009, 10:30 PM
I agree both D28 teams are playing very well tonight.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-21-2009, 10:31 PM
yoakum returns to their own 34

SintonFan_inAustin
11-21-2009, 10:32 PM
pass complete to the their own 47

4:38 left

run by Heights for a loss of 4 yds

swarm
11-21-2009, 10:33 PM
Yes Sinton will have their hands full. But we are playing in the 3rd round again for the 2nd stright year. anything can happen.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-21-2009, 10:33 PM
pass to open receiver and just missed on a big gain

3rd and 14 with 3:53 left

SintonFan_inAustin
11-21-2009, 10:35 PM
pass again on the same play and open again but underthrown and incomplete

4th down and 14

pass to rb in the backfield but rb ran down field and incomplete

Brookshire ball and looks like the game

SintonFan_inAustin
11-21-2009, 10:42 PM
Brookshire Royal 41 Yoakum 27

Sinton vs Brooshire saturday night at Victoria

SHSBulldog00
11-21-2009, 10:45 PM
Congrats Falcons!!! Continue to make D 26 proud!!!:clap:

WOS87
11-21-2009, 10:50 PM
Congrats Falcons!!

That makes 2 teams advancing to the 3rd round that WO-S has beaten along with Kirbyville

Keep it going!

;)

:clap: :clap: :clap:

44INAROW
11-21-2009, 11:08 PM
Congrats BR..

Congratulations to the Yoakum Bulldogs for hanging in there and fighting to the end. :clap: :clap: