PDA

View Full Version : Burnet's stingy defense?

Chris Hart
09-14-2002, 09:46 AM
Burnet has been steamrolled by Gatesville for 407 yds. and now Killeen Shoemaker for 529 yds.I know these are 2 quality opponents, but if Burnet ever runs into anybody that can stop their high octane offense,it wont be pretty.This is a rediculous amount of yards to give up to anybody.Burnet's coaching staff better figure out something to remedy this or Burnet won't go very far in the playoffs.I know they have been winning, and the season is still young, but it's time for the defense to GEL and GEL now.I have confidence in our coaching staff to fix this, but they better start on it right now.I thank they need to be a little more aggressive like they were on Shoemaker's last 2 drives, and made several plays behind the line of scrimmage.They don't have the size or strength to just let everybody bring it to them.Bulldogs practice hard, and stay humble.

------------------
Big Green Dawg

Shotgun73
09-14-2002, 11:29 AM
Chris,
I am sure that the Burnet Coaching Staff is aware of the problem. You are correct in the fact that Burnet is playing quality opponents. I am sure that this is done to become aware of the strengths and weaknesses of the team and to prepare them for the level of competition that they will face in the playoffs. Be patent and as long as Burnet stays healthy, mistakes will be corrected and lessons learned. Burnet has faced three different styles of offenses during the first three weeks. I might add that all three have definate weapons that will win a lot of games for them. Burnet will fix what needs to be fixed and let's hope that the offense keeps rolling!

Chris Hart
09-14-2002, 11:34 AM
Agreed Shotgun 73!