The Kracken
11-13-2009, 11:20 PM
A TITAN AGAINST A TITAN!

Highschoolfan78
11-13-2009, 11:20 PM
Dun dun dun....

Gobbla2001
11-13-2009, 11:22 PM
The hometown of Eric Dickerson plays the hometown of...... of..... Ruby freakin' Begonia... bring it :mad:

IHStangFan
11-13-2009, 11:24 PM
This ought to be a good one. I am gonna try like hell to be there!!

GO GOBBLERS!! I've still got my shirt 44....I'll be wearing it if I am able to make it!!

:clap:

Gobbla2001
11-13-2009, 11:28 PM
Now:

Originally posted by IHStangFan

GO GOBBLERS!!

Just a few minutes ago:

Good luck going forward Sealy

Gig 'Em, Bevo :p

Highschoolfan78
11-13-2009, 11:29 PM
The game is in San Marcos at Bobcat stadium.

Gobbla2001
11-13-2009, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by Highschoolfan78
The game is in San Marcos at Bobcat stadium.

Dammit... was El Campo already taken? I know Adams said Sealy didn't wanna play in El Campo but you know how those rumors go... hour drive for them, hour and 20 for Cuero... half an hour for me... poyfect...

besides, I wanted to go to Greek Bros afterwards :(

Highschoolfan78
11-13-2009, 11:39 PM
From what I gathered from the Sealy announcers, Bobcat stadium was picked for either outcome of the Cuero/SH game.

Gobbla2001
11-13-2009, 11:41 PM
From what I gathered from the Sealy announcers, Bobcat stadium was picked for either outcome of the Cuero/SH game.

Oh well... I'll go sit in El Campo's stadium by myself and listen to the game...

thepicker
11-13-2009, 11:42 PM
So Cuero breezed through their round 1 game, while Sealy had to battle the Bluejays to the end. But now we have it folks, probably one of the most watched and wanted rematches in class 3A. Yes that is the Cuero Gobblers vs the Sealy Tigers. A battle for the ages. Both teams putting their 11-0 records on the line, loser goes home. This is a heavy weight battle, both teams will come out swinging. Sealy has proved they can score in the blink of an eye, while Cuero just simply dominates. Looks like another rematch in El Campo or San Marcos. Trust me when I say, if you want a seat you better show up atleast 45 mins to kickoff. Now all I want to know is, who do you think will win??? I'm going to take:

Sealy 45

Cuero 42.

Highschoolfan78
11-13-2009, 11:43 PM
There ya go... Solution. haha

Gobbla2001
11-13-2009, 11:46 PM
Dunno who to pick here...

Might go with the Cealy Tobblers

M-town lobo fan
11-13-2009, 11:56 PM
Who won the 1st match and the score

Gobbla2001
11-13-2009, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by M-town lobo fan
Who won the 1st match and the score

man I don't even remember the score last year... 56-20, 50-26 or something Cuero...

But in '95 Sealy won 17-14 in the semis... '96 it was 35-0 Sealy in bi-district and in '97 31-0 Sealy in the Region Final...

If I'm not mistaken the all-time PLAYOFF series is at 3-1 Sealy...

All-time series period I think it's 8-4 Sealy...

44INAROW
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Oh well... I'll go sit in El Campo's stadium by myself and listen to the game...

and eat at Greek Bros :p

thepicker
Cuero won last year and I want to say the final was either 49-24 or 56-24

Gobbla2001
11-14-2009, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
and eat at Greek Bros :p

Nah, I think I'll pick up some fried mushrooms and a steak from Greek Bros and take it to Ricebird stadium with me... also bring in my toddy like last year... then go to Greek Bros afterwards to celebrate or drown... whichever it'll be fun

tex_male
11-14-2009, 12:03 AM
Greek Bros afterwards :(

It has been 10 yrs. since I moved away from El Campo. I use to go there and enjoyed some good music while drinking a few cold beers. The food was great also. :crazy1:

IHStangFan
11-14-2009, 12:03 AM
Cuero 56
Sealy 38

Sealy has a bunch of play makers & when they are rolling...they are tough, but for some reason only seem to put it in "high gear" when they are trailing or in jeopardy of losing the game. Otherwise they seem to sometimes just "mail it in" If they let up one iota at any point against Cuero....they're done. Sealy also showed tonight that they are susceptible to the pass....if they don't tighten up their secondary for next week....Ardnt will chew them up.

I am gonna try like hell to be there next week!

GO GOBBLERS!!

Gobbla2001
11-14-2009, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by tex_male
It has been 10 yrs. since I moved away from El Campo. I use to go there and enjoyed some good music while drinking a few cold beers. The food was great also. :crazy1:

Yah, love me some Greeks... I think they just bought up Muldoon's from across the street...

tex_male
11-14-2009, 12:14 AM
Yah, love me some Greeks... I think they just bought up Muldoon's from across the street...

When I lived in Sugarland I past through El Campo and that place was called Pinchers I think... A friend of my wife and I worked there. I would have prefered Greeks. :D

Sorry didn't mean to hy-jack the thread with this. :D

Gobbla2001
11-14-2009, 12:17 AM
When I lived in Sugarland I past through El Campo and that place was called Pinchers I think... A friend of my wife and I worked there. I would have prefered Greeks. :D

Pinchers was across the street I believe, but on the same side of HWY71 or Mechanic whatever it is... They bought up the big place across the HWY ha... my bad on that one...

Pinchers is now off of South HWY 59... I believe North of the 71 exit...

IHStangFan
11-14-2009, 12:18 AM
Now:

Just a few minutes ago:

Gig 'Em, Bevo :p ....because they're gonna need it!! Come on MAN!!

tex_male
11-14-2009, 12:18 AM
To make up for this... I would follow Cuero while I lived in Victoria. Love the history of thier program.

Gobbla2001
11-14-2009, 12:20 AM
....because they're gonna need it!! Come on MAN!!

haha... I like that response!

Gobbla2001
11-14-2009, 12:21 AM
To make up for this...

what are you makin' up for, man?

tex_male
11-14-2009, 12:23 AM
what are you makin' up for, man?

:)

Tiger Turtle
11-14-2009, 12:25 AM
Sealy's gonna have to play a heck of a lot better than they did tonight or the Gooblers will runn them out of the joint. Tigers came in overconfident and scored 21 points in the first quarter. Came within a fingertip of a 28-0 first period lead. Unfortunately, that fingertip led to an interception, Needville used up 7 minutes of clock en route to a 97 yard scoring drive and the Big Mo changed sides for the rest of the night. Jays played an incredible game, receivers made miracle catches all over the field and they kept Sealy's offense off the field for the entire 3rd quarter as well as the last 7 minutes of the second. Sealy had TD drives of 3, 3, 2, and 2 plays while Needville ground out yards and ate clock. Very interesting game.

CueroDad08
11-14-2009, 09:20 AM
Reg 4 Div 1 Second Rd Match-Up.
Two Long time State powers Meet again.
Let's Get this week started early. Who will take this great match-up?

Gobbler Fan
11-14-2009, 10:00 AM
The top 2 teams in Region 4 imo meet in rnd 2 11-0 vs 11-0 . One team will go home fair or not thats the way it is . Sealy has jumped to the top in 3ADL Region 4 polls and Cuero has reamined a steady performer through the year . Last night showed with a 28-3a sweep that Cuero's district that everyone was saying was one of the Weakest Districts proved otherwise with all 3 teams posting convincing wins over Sam Houston , La Vernia and Luling . Who ever jumps to the lead will have the adv. in this marquee matchup ... if one team gets 2 td's ahead I think it's going to be almost impossible for the other team to come back with both teams having such good offenses . Defense will be the key factor Cuero will need to keep the Sealy passing game in check by that I mean no quick strikes . The Sealy RB will get his yards (he had over 200 last year) but the outcome was in Cuero's favor by a good margin . Coach Reeve will have his work cut out for him in this one Sealy is very athletic and fast and well coached . Cuero is just Cuero they will play with pride and give it their all for each other this team has a bond that grows every game and from a fans standpoint its nice to see . Watching you guy's last night step in for each other when the other team wanted to do other things besides play football was what teammates do ... so with that said #32 and #25 you are the leaders of this defense and have been all year keep playing the same way never let up .

Go Gobblers !

jp744
11-14-2009, 11:10 AM
I agree this will decide who wins the region in Div 1 in this game. Two best programs in the Region have to play in round 2. That is terrible. I think Sealy was looking ahead to Cuero and played a little off of its game. Sealy is the better team in my opinion. They will come after Arndt and contain Jackson somewhat. He is really good and is what makes Cuero go. I think Sealy gets revenge for last year and beats Cuero.

pirate4state
11-14-2009, 11:16 AM
:( I was hoping to make this game, but we are both playing on Friday. *sigh* :bigcry:

Should be a GREAT game. Hope it is injury free.

Hope Mitchell can finally get the Cuero monkey off his back. :D

Mean Green Fan
11-14-2009, 11:33 AM
This is going to be a great game pitting two fine football programs.
I think the Gobblers will win this one but it will be a hard fought game.
The Gobbler defense will need to play 4 qtrs...But I think they can.
Sealy RB will get his yards and Jackson will get his yards.

The difference will be Gobbler offense which will be hard to stop.

Cuero by 7

R4Editor
11-14-2009, 11:38 AM
This poll will be moving to the top of the page soon as this is the RIV Game of the Week.

Cuero has a steady, almost error free offense that can pound you into submission, and hit the big play. They have an outstanding QB who has the ability to read defenses and check out of plays. Blitz or stunt and you better do it well as Arndt has shown he can read what's coming and make adjustments. The Cuero O can dominate a game. On D, Cuero has shown some vulnerability and they do play quite a few key players at key positions both ways. The Gobblers seem to put more emphasis on offense and they may just be able to outscore Sealy.

Sealy has shown an uncanny ability to play with fire and not get burned. Outstanding half time adjustments combined with the their ability to step up when pushed has allowed the Tigers to deal with every challenge this year. They certainly do not fear losing and they will not panic if they fall behind. The QB, WR, and RBs get the press but the Tiger O-line play has been outstanding and could be the difference in the game.

This game has the makings of a serious shootout. Like most championship games we expect it to come down to which team makes the fewest mistakes and who makes the big stop at a critical time.

Nursebetty
11-14-2009, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by Gobbler Fan
The top 2 teams in Region 4 imo meet in rnd 2 11-0 vs 11-0 . One team will go home fair or not thats the way it is . Sealy has jumped to the top in 3ADL Region 4 polls and Cuero has reamined a steady performer through the year . Last night showed with a 28-3a sweep that Cuero's district that everyone was saying was one of the Weakest Districts proved otherwise with all 3 teams posting convincing wins over Sam Houston , La Vernia and Luling . Who ever jumps to the lead will have the adv. in this marquee matchup ... if one team gets 2 td's ahead I think it's going to be almost impossible for the other team to come back with both teams having such good offenses . Defense will be the key factor Cuero will need to keep the Sealy passing game in check by that I mean no quick strikes . The Sealy RB will get his yards (he had over 200 last year) but the outcome was in Cuero's favor by a good margin . Coach Reeve will have his work cut out for him in this one Sealy is very athletic and fast and well coached . Cuero is just Cuero they will play with pride and give it their all for each other this team has a bond that grows every game and from a fans standpoint its nice to see . Watching you guy's last night step in for each other when the other team wanted to do other things besides play football was what teammates do ... so with that said #32 and #25 you are the leaders of this defense and have been all year keep playing the same way never let up .

Go Gobblers ! WOW......well said!!! I was at the game and Our Guys never cease to amaze......in all the dirty playing out there by Sam Houston on the field, our guys held their cool and showed the other guys how a tried and true band of brothers WINS a football game!! It goes back to the old saying: "Cheaters never win, and Winners never cheat".........

Green Bling
11-14-2009, 04:12 PM
I was soooo proud of our guys last night and the composure with which they played. They showed a lot of character playing in some really iffy situations. This next game is going to be the real deal. It's no fluke that these two teams have gotten to round 2 and both 11-0. We should see lots of offense Friday night. I see Cuero taking it by 14. Go Mean Green!!:D :D

gobbler grad
11-14-2009, 05:00 PM
i see a high scoring game here...but Cuero's gonna pull it out and win by 4...:thinking:

LHS 2SONS
11-14-2009, 05:00 PM

You will not be alone LG is playing Edna their. Come join us

beastyboyz
11-14-2009, 07:01 PM
I haven't heard much about cuero but there awesome speed...

I watched sealy play 3 times this year....

Downey is a big play waiting to happen...

but I don't know how this one will turn out...

But it will be high scoring...

I shall be at this game too.

Better get there early if u want them 50 yard line seats!

957tiger
11-14-2009, 07:53 PM
And if you can't make it to BobCat Stadium listen to the game on www.sealysports.com. Coaches Corner with Jimmie Mitchell starts at 6:45

44INAROW
11-14-2009, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by 957tiger
And if you can't make it to BobCat Stadium listen to the game on www.sealysports.com. Coaches Corner with Jimmie Mitchell starts at 6:45

also on www.gobblersports.com with Joe Adams and Grandpa Johnson. Coaches show begins at 7:00 with Coach Reeve.

Hope we have good weather - it should be a great game...

Gobbler Fan
11-14-2009, 08:07 PM
Cuero has speed but not as much as years past . Sam Houston had more overall team speed but Cuero just kept coming at em and finally wore them down . Cuero knows what Downey has he had over 200 yards on them last year but Cuero won the ballgame but that was last year . I do know we have a gamebreaker too as our RB had 21 carries for 190 last night putting him over 2,000 yards 23 td's <(not sure about the td's it could be more) for the season so I think it's a tit for tat in the RB dept. with both RB's getting their yards .

headhunter
11-14-2009, 08:22 PM
Sealy 11-0 vs Cuero 11-0
7:30PM Friday Night - San Marcos, TX - Bobact Stadium - Jim Wacker Field

History has shown that Sealy has Cuero's number in the playoffs, but here recently the Gobblers have changed that. Cuero is coming of 4 good wins in their last 8 games as they have beten a solid LaVernia team, a darn good Yoakum team, an explosive Edna team and took care of business against a dirty and athletic Sam Houston team. The Gobblers have been critized much of the year, by many, who say that they play a soft schedule. It now shows that is not as true as some thought. All three district teams have wins in the 1st round of the playoffs and all three will possibly win this upcoming week. It looks as if this district may have been tougher then most thought.

Sealy has been battle tested all year, they keep finding ways to pull out a victory. Coach Mitchell has his guys heading in the right direction and believing they can win a state title. However, to the best of my knowledge, Coach Mitchell has never beaten Cuero (please correct me if I'm wrong). Sealy runs a spread style offense with the option read. This has been an explosive quick strike offense all year as they are putting up big offensive numbers and big points. Sealy has many players returning from last years team who took a loss in the Area round vs Cuero. Is this a revenge game for Sealy? I think they would love to return the favor.

Both teams match-up very well. Both teams have defenses that allow alot of yards and points. Both defense rely on stepping up a crucial times in the game and making those big plays when needed. Both offenses are powerful, both are well balanced and both have all the confidence in the world they can score at anytime.

If their is an advantage is may be on special teams. Cuero has been known to lose many playoff games due to the inability to execute extra points and kick field goals.

What makes the difference?
In all big games it comes down to who makes the fewest mistakes. Who wins the turnover battle? Who wins the field position? Who can cotrol the momentum? These are all things that matter in these games. The most important may be who can win the possession battle. Last year Cuero scored right before halftime and then came out and scored the first drive of the 2nd half. That put Sealy down and gave Cuero the momentum to get the win.

A little story:
Sealy is 8-5 vs Cuero dating back to 1988
1988 Sealy 9 Cuero 8
1995 Sealy 17 Cuero 14
1996 Sealy 35 Cuero 0
1997 Sealy 31 Cuero 0
1998 Sealy 10 Cuero 3
1999 Sealy 26 Cuero 3
2000 Cuero 22 Sealy 21
2001 Sealy 21 Cuero 13
2002 Sealy 25 Cuero 19
2003 Cuero 44 Sealy 20
2004 Cuero 20 Sealy 0
2005 Cuero 48 Sealy 30
2008 Cuero 56 Sealy 24

Note: Mark Reeve has never lost to Sealy.
Someone please correct me but I think the last time Cuero played in Bobcat Stadium ws in 1993 when the beat Lampasas.
Capacity at this staium is 16,500 and it might be packed since both teams travel time is only approx 1:20 min

Get there early and get a seat, be loud and don't bother to sit down with these two high powered offenses.

Blue42
11-14-2009, 09:20 PM
I think that Trent will be the difference in this game if you remember last year he was out with an injury when we played Sealy.

29-3aFAN
11-15-2009, 01:03 AM
Give em hell Cuero! Yoakum plays Saturday night so I will prolly go support y'all Friday.

easttexas3a
11-15-2009, 05:50 AM
As a Gilmer fan, kind of interested to see how this one turns out. I would guess Cuero, they seem to have rolled throuhg their schedule a bit easier then Sealy. Cuero also seems to have a very good qb and rb.

Cuero 35
Sealy 21

Daddy D 11
11-15-2009, 12:12 PM
GO SEALY!!!!!:cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl:

GTownballer
11-15-2009, 12:22 PM
Quero rolls on....

pirate4state
11-15-2009, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by headhunter
However, to the best of my knowledge, Coach Mitchell has never beaten Cuero (please correct me if I'm wrong). For the life of me I can't remember if Mitchell was the HC in 2002 or if it was still Davis. :doh: That was the last time we beat Cuero. :eek: :(

Gobbla2001
11-15-2009, 12:51 PM
depends on which Sealy team shows up... it's hard to win a game with your hands cuffed behind your back.

Yours,
Bellville Fan

SHSBulldog00
11-15-2009, 01:13 PM
Sealy barely beat Needville when they were suppose to roll. I saw Cuero earlier this year and they are impressive. Sealy will have more speed but Cuero will leave with the win. Go Gobblers!!

44INAROW
11-15-2009, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
For the life of me I can't remember if Mitchell was the HC in 2002 or if it was still Davis. :doh: That was the last time we beat Cuero. :eek: :(

I am not 100% but I am pretty sure Davis and company had gone to The Colony by then - but like you said, for the life of me, I can't remember.. this CRS is getting bad lol

Originally posted by Daddy D 11
GO SEALY!!!!!:cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl:

Dang Daddy when did you switch from a Gobbler fan? :p

gobble_up03
11-15-2009, 02:06 PM
who's the home team?

forum_guy
11-15-2009, 02:18 PM
If Cuero wants to go far it will defintely be up to the defense. Also as headhunter stated it's pretty sad that Cuero can't be more efficient at extra points. Not being able to kick field goals and consistently make extra points is going to play a big role if the Gobblers are ever to play a close game.

Luv My Tigers
11-15-2009, 03:17 PM
depends on which Sealy team shows up... it's hard to win a game with your hands cuffed behind your back.

Yours,
Bellville Fan

or your hands on a basketball

Gobbla2001
11-15-2009, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by Luv My Tigers
or your hands on a basketball

haha

957tiger
11-15-2009, 07:40 PM

Yours,
Bellville Fan

Hey Gobbla2001 the good news is all the criminals..Those mis-guided youts from your school, and all the other schools that want to appear thug free will be at the game. But I would still lock your door, there is always the alumni

Footballhudini
11-15-2009, 08:19 PM
looks like cuero'll be sittin at home for thanksgiving.

gobbler grad
11-15-2009, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by Footballhudini
looks like cuero'll be sittin at home for thanksgiving.

we are always at home on thanksgiving, but then right back to work the next day...if you ain't doing anything, come watch us on Black Friday...we may be playing at a stadium near YOU...:thinking:

Green Bling
11-15-2009, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
we are always at home on thanksgiving, but then right back to work the next day...if you ain't doing anything, come watch us on Black Friday...we may be playing at a stadium near YOU...:thinking:

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :

GreenGobbla
11-15-2009, 10:05 PM
looking like im going to get to see my first gobbler game this season. hope it as good as everyone says its going to be.

IHStangFan
11-15-2009, 10:27 PM

Yours,
Bellville Fan LOL!!! :clap:

Footballhudini
11-15-2009, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by gobbler grad

I think you mean gym. ;)

12thMan
11-16-2009, 03:22 AM
Cuero fans, we did a great job at the SH game. Those kids on the field were pumped when they heard us make all that noise and yelling "defense". Our Gobblers feed off the noise the crowd makes. Believe it or not, it can bother the other offense as well. I love it!!!

Don't stop now!! We got to get creative and I challenge our Cuero faithful to be just a little louder. Remember, this is not the movies were going to, we got work to do Cuero fans.

You know you did your job is when you can't talk on Sat. I know first hand, my wife got a break from hearing me. Lol.

Superbacker 00'
11-16-2009, 08:25 AM
Hard to call this one, but i did go to the sealy vs. needville and all i can say about the running back speed in sealy backfield is smoking fast! maybe fastest ive seen this yr, but i do want to let Needville know to keep their heads up cause they were great. Its just not their time.

FmrPirate14
11-16-2009, 08:30 AM
who won the last time these 2 teams met?

Old Green
11-16-2009, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by FmrPirate14
who won the last time these 2 teams met? Cuero

Blue42
11-16-2009, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by 12thMan
Cuero fans, we did a great job at the SH game. Those kids on the field were pumped when they heard us make all that noise and yelling "defense". Our Gobblers feed off the noise the crowd makes. Believe it or not, it can bother the other offense as well. I love it!!!

Don't stop now!! We got to get creative and I challenge our Cuero faithful to be just a little louder. Remember, this is not the movies were going to, we got work to do Cuero fans.

You know you did your job is when you can't talk on Sat. I know first hand, my wife got a break from hearing me. Lol.
Cuero fans save your milk jugs this week and bring them to the game lets make this the loudest game ever and if you have extra bring them for others who forgot them.

teetle
11-16-2009, 10:01 AM
Be interested to knows what Pud be thinking. He know what he doing. He know both teams. Gobblers very good. But, Jimmie got something for them and they not gonna like it. He gonna make them like it. He good that way. Tiger defense be underrated. Theys better than peoples thinks. Theys will show up . Go Tigers.:bigcry: :eek: :bigcry:

rojosgirl
11-16-2009, 11:41 AM
To answer a few previous questions -- Cuero will be the home team. The Gobblers played in San Marcos in the late 90's. Played George West and Giddings there twice in one year during Finley's stay and we won both games.

This Cuero-Sealy matchup should be one for the ages. It's a shame it has to be so early in the playoffs. I'm ready for a barn-burner. GOBBLERS ROLL!

1st and goal
11-16-2009, 11:55 AM
This will be a great game. I'm trying to figure out a way to sneak outta work to make it to the game.

I got to go with Cuero as my mom and dad were both born and raised there. Sorry Sealy, No disrespect, in fact I respect your team and coaches but I got to go with the Cuero posters if they'll let me onboard their wagon. Its a family thing...

44INAROW
11-16-2009, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by 1st and goal
This will be a great game. I'm trying to figure out a way to sneak outta work to make it to the game.

I got to go with Cuero as my mom and dad were both born and raised there. Sorry Sealy, No disrespect, in fact I respect your team and coaches but I got to go with the Cuero posters if they'll let me onboard their wagon. Its a family thing...
welcome aboard.. There's plenty of room :p

headhunter
11-16-2009, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by rojosgirl
To answer a few previous questions -- Cuero will be the home team. The Gobblers played in San Marcos in the late 90's. Played George West and Giddings there twice in one year during Finley's stay and we won both games.

This Cuero-Sealy matchup should be one for the ages. It's a shame it has to be so early in the playoffs. I'm ready for a barn-burner. GOBBLERS ROLL!

That is correct, I could not remember exactly who we played but I new it was in the Finley era.

This is a great stadium with a great atmosphere for football. It is a big stadium but its not to big, the crowd should fill it up for the most part. Perfect place to play such a big game, I would figure many high school football fans from other towns would come watch this game if their teams are not playing, This should be a great Friday night.

unclebeebeep
11-16-2009, 01:56 PM
In my opinion this is going to be a hell of a game and should come down to if Cuero can make its extra points if not I think Sealy rolls on and Cuero goes home

hookandladder
11-16-2009, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Gobbler Fan

Go Gobblers !

I do not know if you have seen Sealy play this year or not however you are talking about Sealy having a good running back in Downey and you are correct, they have 2 other RB's that could start on most 3A teams in our District. If you forget about the other 2 you will be in big trouble, that are both very quick and hard to bring down.

FmrPirate14
11-16-2009, 04:14 PM
my question is does Mitchell finally have a team that can beat Cuero

pirate4state
11-16-2009, 04:15 PM
my question is does Mitchell finally have a team that can beat Cuero IMO, yes

FmrPirate14
11-16-2009, 04:17 PM
Im just sayin cuz when I was in school we always had big matchups with them and we just always came up short against them

Blue42
11-16-2009, 04:58 PM
my question is does Mitchell finally have a team that can beat Cuero
May be in Basketball they will have a head start on us.:)

JT44
11-16-2009, 05:48 PM
Hopefully Cuero can shut down the Sealy run for at least one half like they did last year in the 2nd half of the playoff game. Downey is fast, but most of the Cuero defense did not play last year. Likewise, Trent Jackson didn't play in that game either. One plus for the Gobblers has been a more balanced passing game this year, maybe it gets back in tune this week.
Should be a great game.

makita_6
11-16-2009, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by GreenGobbla
looking like im going to get to see my first gobbler game this season. hope it as good as everyone says its going to be.

Same here...this will be my first Gobbler game of the season as well and its shaping up to be a good one...i think Cuero should win, but we'll see...Go Mean Green!!

gobbler grad
11-16-2009, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by GreenGobbla

greengobbla, you gonna have to yell a little bit for us...we like to get a little bit crazy at times...:crazy1: :crazy1:

come early if you can and i'll buy ya supper...:2thumbsup

gambler1606
11-16-2009, 07:18 PM
This should be a great match-up! Don't ever underestimate the Tiger "D" I know it didn't look like it Friday against Needville, but they can bring the heat. Sealy brings in a High-Octane "O" that can score at will. I think everybody in Tiger land and Gobblaville wished this for the title, but Gobblaville can watch Sealy in the State Championship game... Sealy 35 Gobblaville 20

Daddy D 11
11-16-2009, 07:20 PM
GO SEALY!

CueroDad08
11-16-2009, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by hookandladder
I do not know if you have seen Sealy play this year or not however you are talking about Sealy having a good running back in Downey and you are correct, they have 2 other RB's that could start on most 3A teams in our District. If you forget about the other 2 you will be in big trouble, that are both very quick and hard to bring down.

Think Cuero has a pretty good RB as well. And a great back -up that will be back this week 100%. Even with Downey and that group in Sealy, I would put my money on Cuero

gameface
11-16-2009, 08:47 PM
Save your money cuero dad! Downey and associates very solid team-fast, powerful-walter payton style! Cuero solid team force-not sure if they can stop Sealy offensive attack! I predict a close game until DD and Tiger associates pounce into the 4th quarter and gobble up the momentum! Go District 25-make us proud!

GreenMachine
11-16-2009, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by gambler1606
This should be a great match-up! Don't ever underestimate the Tiger "D" I know it didn't look like it Friday against Needville, but they can bring the heat. Sealy brings in a High-Octane "O" that can score at will. I think everybody in Tiger land and Gobblaville wished this for the title, but Gobblaville can watch Sealy in the State Championship game... Sealy 35 Gobblaville 20 You will witness a high octane "O" Friday night for sure, but the offense will be in Green and White!

GreenMachine
11-16-2009, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by gameface
Save your money cuero dad! Downey and associates very solid team-fast, powerful-walter payton style! Cuero solid team force-not sure if they can stop Sealy offensive attack! I predict a close game until DD and Tiger associates pounce into the 4th quarter and gobble up the momentum! Go District 25-make us proud! Not sure if Sealy's Defense can stop Cuero's offense. Sealy didn't get to see Jackson last year, so good luck stopping him. He is every bit as good as Downey. AND, Sealy doesn't have a QB like Arndt, who, if he chooses to play football over baseball, will be playing on Saturday afternoons and then on Sunday afternoons. Think this will be a high scoring game, with Cuero pulling away in the 4th qtr. :thumbsup:

12thMan
11-16-2009, 09:54 PM
We also have a secret weapon. He avg. more yards per carry than Jackson.

sTx
11-16-2009, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by GreenMachine
Not sure if Sealy's Defense can stop Cuero's offense. Sealy didn't get to see Jackson last year, so good luck stopping him. He is every bit as good as Downey. AND, Sealy doesn't have a QB like Arndt, who, if he chooses to play football over baseball, will be playing on Saturday afternoons and then on Sunday afternoons. Think this will be a high scoring game, with Cuero pulling away in the 4th qtr. :thumbsup:

Well Sealys QB is only a jr so idk bout saturdays or sundays but he is very talented and consistent so dont underestimate him :D sealys O is much more balanced this year and can hurt you w the passing game just as easy as the run this game is gonna come down to the defenses IMO but i think after last year Sealy will come away with their revenge :devil: the whole no kicker thing might come back to bite cuero in the ars lol

CueroDad08
11-16-2009, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by sTx
Well Sealys QB is only a jr so idk bout saturdays or sundays but he is very talented and consistent so dont underestimate him :D sealys O is much more balanced this year and can hurt you w the passing game just as easy as the run this game is gonna come down to the defenses IMO but i think after last year Sealy will come away with their revenge :devil: the whole no kicker thing might come back to bite cuero in the ars lol

Cuero's Style of D is built for teams like Sealy. Sealy will not be able to keep up on the scoreboard.
49-34 GOBBLERS

Spread It Out
11-16-2009, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by sTx

I've seen both Arndt and Barrett (sp?) and Arndt is HEAD AND SHOULDERS above Sealy's quarterback. It's not comparable by any measure. It's going to come down to who can make the stops and if Cuero can stop Downey because Sealy will not be able to contain both Jackson and Arndt.

Cuero 42
Sealy 24

lvbears32
11-16-2009, 10:41 PM
Iv seen Cuero up close and they can play. ill take them 40-35

Old Green
11-16-2009, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by lvbears32
Iv seen Cuero up close and they can play. ill take them 40-35 welcome to the board Lvbears32

44INAROW
11-16-2009, 11:10 PM
I am going to post some stats - just to have something else to talk about - it's going to be another LONG WEEK :p I am 99.999% certain the Cuero stats are 100% correct :p The Sealy stats were compiled from a couple of sources, so they might not be perfect but it was the best that could be compiled with the info given :D These stats do not represent a prediction on my part, I am just posting the info I have.. (how's that for disclaimer?)

Scoring
Total points scored

Gobblers - 470 avg 42.7
Tigers - 483 avg 43.9

Total points allowed

Gobblers - 159 avg 14.4
Tigers - 243 avg 22.1

Total yards

Gobblers 4708
Tigers 4313

1st downs

Gobblers 233
Sealy 179

Rushing Yards

Gobblers 2965 avg 7.6
Tigers 2133 avg 6.73

Passing Yards

Gobblers 1743 avg 15.2
Tigers 2180 avg 17.3

Leading Rusher

Gobblers Trent Jackson 197 for 1940 = 9.8 avg 25 TD
Tigers Dexter Downey 117 for 1087 = 9.29 avg 14 TD

Leading Receivers

Gobblers Tanner Hoffman 15 for 306 = 20.4 avg 6 TD
Tigers Bradley Miller 36 for 707 = 19.6 avg 7 TD

Passing Leaders

Gobblers Tyler Arndt 112 - 179 - 4 1719 yards 21 TD
Tigers Cody Barrett 108 - 204 - 7 1871 yards 19 TD

If you'll see any obvious typos or errors, please let me know.. "talk amongst yourselves"
:D

Spread It Out
11-17-2009, 12:05 AM
Gobblers Trent Jackson 197 for 1940 = 9.8 avg 25 TD

Tigers Bradley Miller 36 for 707 = 19.6 avg 7 TD

Very, very impressive numbers from Jackson! I'll be looking for him on Saturdays in a couple years! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Leading receiver for Sealy's name is actually Bradley Miller. :nerd:

sinton legacy77
11-17-2009, 12:07 AM
This is gonna be a freakin amazing game!!!

i dont know much about these teams stats and whatnot but I sure do know of their strong reputations!

As a former Sinton Pirate under Coach Mitchell, ill be pulling for Sealy in this one! Im gonna pick them in a close win! I want them to win and then whip up on the ingledinks in the region final :D

GO SEALY!

Footballhudini
11-17-2009, 12:24 AM
If both teams show up and play up to their "potential" the clear winner is the Gobblers by 18. Any team that plays an average 2a school close (Sealy/Rice) should not even be considered in the running against Cuero.

29-3aFAN
11-17-2009, 01:23 AM
Originally posted by Footballhudini
If both teams show up and play up to their "potential" the clear winner is the Gobblers by 18. Any team that plays an average 2a school close (Sealy/Rice) should not even be considered in the running against Cuero.
From what I hear, Rice isn't a average 2a team.

IHStangFan
11-17-2009, 01:47 AM
Originally posted by 29-3aFAN
From what I hear, Rice isn't a average 2a team. you hear correct. They are currently #13 (9-1/6-0) w/ their only loss coming to Sealy. They take on Harper this week in the Div. II 2A playoffs.

sports mom
11-17-2009, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by Spread It Out
I've seen both Arndt and Barrett (sp?) and Arndt is HEAD AND SHOULDERS above Sealy's quarterback. It's not comparable by any measure. It's going to come down to who can make the stops and if Cuero can stop Downey because Sealy will not be able to contain both Jackson and Arndt.

Cuero 42
Sealy 24

Say what you want.

Sealy 41
Cuero 34

GO GET 'EM TIGERS!!!!! :cheerl: :cheerl:

Tiger Turtle
11-17-2009, 11:16 AM
Those are excellent stats for consideration. I think the fact that Sealy played in a stronger district may have something to do with the yardage discrepancy, which is not all that big on a per-game basis. However, I haven't kept up with the Gooblers' oppositioin, especially the OOD foes, so that theory may not hold water. Sealy's defense may be better than you think. Anyway, all this is great fodder for message boards but the game will be won or lost on Friday night. On paper, Cuero looks stronger to me, but how many close games have they had? I know their early season games tended to be blowouts.

pirate4state
11-17-2009, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by sinton legacy77
This is gonna be a freakin amazing game!!!

i dont know much about these teams stats and whatnot but I sure do know of their strong reputations!

As a former Sinton Pirate under Coach Mitchell, ill be pulling for Sealy in this one! Im gonna pick them in a close win! I want them to win and then whip up on the ingledinks in the region final :D

GO SEALY!

+1

buff4ever
11-17-2009, 11:45 AM
I would like to go to this game, but I can't

Footballhudini
11-17-2009, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by 29-3aFAN
From what I hear, Rice isn't a average 2a team.

Pretty average imo. Everyone gets lucky once in a while.

Spread It Out
11-17-2009, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by sports mom
Say what you want.

Sealy 41
Cuero 34

GO GET 'EM TIGERS!!!!! :cheerl: :cheerl:

Not trying to knock Sealy's QB by any means. Don't get me wrong, Barrett is a good QB for that system and can manage the game well, but you can't compare him to a Division 1 quarterback.

Blue42
11-17-2009, 12:46 PM
Cuero players and fans if you cant get pumped up for this game you don't have a pulse.
I remember some not so classily signs that Sealy hung when we lost to them at the Astrodome in the 90's karma baby karma !!!!!!

tiger eye
11-17-2009, 12:59 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 44INAROW
[B]I am going to post some stats - just to have something else to talk about - it's going to be another LONG WEEK :p I am 99.999% certain the Cuero stats are 100% correct :p The Sealy stats were compiled from a couple of sources, so they might not be perfect but it was the best that could be compiled with the info given :D These stats do not represent a prediction on my part, I am just posting the info I have.. (how's that for disclaimer?)

Once again statistics are in play to support a position that would have been the same without their use.

The only thing worse than statistical manipulation, is incomplete statistical manipulation.

The numbers you used for the Tigers, "appear" to be from the Houston Chronicle, and do not reflect the final game stats from the La Grange or Needville contests.

The numbers amassed by the Gobblers were against a different set of opponents and are hardly relevant comparisons as a foundation for the predicted outcome you chose. No two resources reflect the same stats, this season.

In a very competitive 25-3A district, most will agree that our QB-WR-and RB are among the best at their respective positions this year, but we have had huge contributions by players virtually three deep at each of those skilled positions, and that is called depth, and that will come into play this week in San Marcos.

Fortunately, this game is played with a few others on the field at the same time. Our Tigers are a worthy bunch and we are proud of the contributions of them ALL. From our defense, our offense, and our special team to our coaches the success is spread out. Yes, you have had some exceptional performances along the way, and they all share in the 11 - 0
record the Tigers take into the Cuero game this Friday.

Good luck to all of the Tiger Team, as fans we are very proud of each and everyone of you.

roughneck_2008
11-17-2009, 01:05 PM
when is the game being played and what time in san marcos. i live here goin to texas state and may see if i can make this one

GreenMachine
11-17-2009, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by tiger eye
[B]I am going to post some stats - just to have something else to talk about - it's going to be another LONG WEEK :p I am 99.999% certain the Cuero stats are 100% correct :p The Sealy stats were compiled from a couple of sources, so they might not be perfect but it was the best that could be compiled with the info given :D These stats do not represent a prediction on my part, I am just posting the info I have.. (how's that for disclaimer?)

Once again statistics are in play to support a position that would have been the same without their use.

The only thing worse than statistical manipulation, is incomplete statistical manipulation.

The numbers you used for the Tigers, "appear" to be from the Houston Chronicle, and do not reflect the final game stats from the La Grange or Needville contests.

The numbers amassed by the Gobblers were against a different set of opponents and are hardly relevant comparisons as a foundation for the predicted outcome you chose. No two resources reflect the same stats, this season.

In a very competitive 25-3A district, most will agree that our QB-WR-and RB are among the best at their respective positions this year, but we have had huge contributions by players virtually three deep at each of those skilled positions, and that is called depth, and that will come into play this week in San Marcos.

Fortunately, this game is played with a few others on the field at the same time. Our Tigers are a worthy bunch and we are proud of the contributions of them ALL. From our defense, our offense, and our special team to our coaches the success is spread out. Yes, you have had some exceptional performances along the way, and they all share in the 11 - 0

Good luck to all of the Tiger Team, as fans we are very proud of each and everyone of you. Seems like Cuero's district is more competitive than people thought, with all three teams still in the playoffs. Statistical manipulation? This was compiled to give insight for persons that may not know one or either team. It will have no bearing on the outcome of the game on Friday so sit back and calm down.:rolleyes: Thanks 44inarow for the stats. ;)

Bone Pile
11-17-2009, 01:50 PM
The Big Green Machine is gonna thump some heads this week. Lets see how Sealy acts when they get stomped.
Cuero by at least 14.
Go get em mean green!!!!

sports mom
11-17-2009, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by Bone Pile
The Big Green Machine is gonna thump some heads this week. Lets see how Sealy acts when they get stomped.
Cuero by at least 14.
Go get em mean green!!!!

The TIGERS #1 fan is back!

Hasn't anyone told you.......don't count your TURKEYS before they hatch.

hookandladder
11-17-2009, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by GreenMachine
Seems like Cuero's district is more competitive than people thought, with all three teams still in the playoffs. Statistical manipulation? This was compiled to give insight for persons that may not know one or either team. It will have no bearing on the outcome of the game on Friday so sit back and calm down.:rolleyes: Thanks 44inarow for the stats. ;)

Well after this weekend we will all know which District was the most competitive, I will say from top to bottom D-25 was the most competitive, there was no pushover in D-25.

Tiger Turtle
11-17-2009, 04:05 PM
Does Cuero have anyone going both ways?

forum_guy
11-17-2009, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by Tiger Turtle

I think a couple of the cheerleaders go both ways. Jk. Sorry couldn't resist.

hookandladder
11-17-2009, 04:27 PM

Pretty sure they do, as I have said before this could very well come into play come 4th quarter.

Gobbla2001
11-17-2009, 06:02 PM
Yah, I'll for sure say that top to bottom D25 is better than 28... not really close... There is little doubt in my mind that had Palacios, Goliad and Gonzales been in a district With Smithville, Columbus and Bellville that those three 283A teams would still have missed out on the playoffs...

What we do not know, and maybe we'll get a better idea of it, is how close together these districts are up top... (Edna/Cuero v. Sealy/LG)... I know Yoakum struggled with this district earlier, even losing a close one to Columbus, but having a new coach etc... probably played into that... they've improved a lot though I wouldn't bet they'd make it out of that district...

As for Cuero playing close games we've had three that I can count... La Vernia led Cuero at halftime though the final score of 40-whatever to 16 doesn't show it was ever close... Cuero removed head-from-ass against Yoakum and came back from 3 scores down in the 4th qt... the Edna game was close of course, and then this past week we had it close early...

I'd say Sealy's district probably prepared it for this game a little more than ours...

Sealy hast the edge on all of this I guess...

FbCoachB40
11-17-2009, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by Bone Pile
Cuero by at least 14.
Go get em mean green!!!!

HATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

44INAROW
11-17-2009, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by tiger eye
[B]

Good luck to all of the Tiger Team, as fans we are very proud of each and everyone of you. :weeping: :weeping: :weeping:

Good God = lighten up Francis.. I said it wasn't for prediction - just something to read during this long week.. :doh: and furthermore - it's not MY FAULT your coaches can't get the stats to the chronicle. I put a disclaimer up there can't you read???????? I also said if anyone saw any errors, to please let me know. Like I said - Lighten Up - it's gonna be OK..::

pirate4state
11-17-2009, 07:23 PM
Good God = lighten up Francis.. I said it wasn't for prediction - just something to read during this long week.. :doh: and furthermore - it's not MY FAULT your coaches can't get the stats to the chronicle. I put a disclaimer up there can't you read???????? haha you just got worked up too and i hope cuero does NOT stomp a mudhole in Sealy.

GO TIGERS!

44INAROW
11-17-2009, 07:39 PM
haha you just got worked up too and i hope cuero does NOT stomp a mudhole in Sealy.

GO TIGERS!

ROFL that's the advantage of the non-ending edit lol...
just pisses me off when some rookie slams me after I gave a good disclaimer ;) it's all good......... I got out of getting stopped by the DPS today so I am feeling sassy :) They stopped the guy I just passed :eek:

zebrablue2
11-17-2009, 10:24 PM
Sealy by 14!! The speed will get the Gobblers.

Mean Green Fan
11-17-2009, 10:28 PM
Cuero by 14 To much offense for the Tigers..Too many weapons

SintonFan
11-17-2009, 11:48 PM
GO GOBBLERS!!!!!!!!!

pirate4state
11-18-2009, 10:31 AM
ROFL that's the advantage of the non-ending edit lol...
just pisses me off when some rookie slams me after I gave a good disclaimer ;) it's all good......... I got out of getting stopped by the DPS today so I am feeling sassy :) They stopped the guy I just passed :eek:

lighten up Francis :p

p.s. you should come to Victoria on Saturday. ;)

44INAROW
11-18-2009, 10:46 AM

p.s. you should come to Victoria on Saturday. ;) seriously thinking about it. Will keep you posted!

Blue42
11-18-2009, 12:26 PM
From the hills and valleys and brush lands of Dewitt county come the Mighty GOBBLERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gobbla2001
11-18-2009, 01:25 PM
From the hoods, back alleys and pokies of Austin County come the mighty Tigers

mrgobbler24
11-18-2009, 01:51 PM
lets go gobblers

rojosgirl
11-18-2009, 03:00 PM
Keep it up guys! We need more pages . . . . . .

Cowboy
11-18-2009, 03:26 PM
Sealy's defense will be the difference of the game; Jamison, Downey, and the crew will give Cuero all they can handle.
Cuero has a good running back but Sealy has 2 other backs that can spell Downey if needed. Their secondary is much improved and can run with anybody around. It will be close for 3 quarters but Sealy will pull away with a hard fought win in the 4th quarter.

Sealy by 7!

Luv My Tigers
11-18-2009, 03:26 PM
GO TIGERS !!!!!!!

Mean Green Fan
11-18-2009, 03:56 PM
Go Get Em Gobblers:clap:

Blue42
11-18-2009, 04:05 PM
GO MEAN GREEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gobble_up03
11-18-2009, 04:39 PM
CUERO! <CLAP CLAP> GOBBLERS! <CLAP CLAP>

Blue42
11-18-2009, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by Cowboy
Sealy's defense will be the difference of the game; Jamison, Downey, and the crew will give Cuero all they can handle.
Cuero has a good running back but Sealy has 2 other backs that can spell Downey if needed. Their secondary is much improved and can run with anybody around. It will be close for 3 quarters but Sealy will pull away with a hard fought win in the 4th quarter.

Sealy by 7!
Sealy will win because kfkbcv kj k vvv o'voov ;vvevnuo noc coo'ovvo vevnoo'vnvjv;jvov vo v'vvjoevve'vovvv jeu vjpvjovv[jvvvvhvvo and the moon will be in kjkv;v; vvl vo h;vjkneio;vn;kjb k; li ov'evjeovuh l;vn;vkhv;evn;klvno;v hvojhovvovjo;vvj n v and our water boy is better than klnbknv k v evkvknevkjefknkvnk jlbjlvbl knkbfilfvhbkv bjkvljjvbil vvvb ibbvljvb bvbv kvbljvblvbkjvk k and our bus runs on ;jfnklb wkjfhflk;kawhjnf hf of of oj foojh f oiwfow fiowo owj wfwfojf b its all jiberish to me.
Lets play some football GO MEAN GREEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gobble_up03
11-18-2009, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by Blue42
Sealy will win because kfkbcv kj k vvv o'voov ;vvevnuo noc coo'ovvo vevnoo'vnvjv;jvov vo v'vvjoevve'vovvv jeu vjpvjovv[jvvvvhvvo and the moon will be in kjkv;v; vvl vo h;vjkneio;vn;kjb k; li ov'evjeovuh l;vn;vkhv;evn;klvno;v hvojhovvovjo;vvj n v and our water boy is better than klnbknv k v evkvknevkjefknkvnk jlbjlvbl knkbfilfvhbkv bjkvljjvbil vvvb ibbvljvb bvbv kvbljvblvbkjvk k and our bus runs on ;jfnklb wkjfhflk;kawhjnf hf of of oj foojh f oiwfow fiowo owj wfwfojf b its all jiberish to me.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! :)

Gobbler Fan
11-18-2009, 04:52 PM

Makes sense to me ...GATA Gobblers !

GreenMachine
11-18-2009, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by Cowboy

Sealy by 7! And you think that Cuero doesn't have another running back that can spell Jackson... :thinking:

Gobbler Fan
11-18-2009, 05:16 PM
what he doesnt know wont hurt em ....or will it :D

957tiger
11-18-2009, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by Old Green
Cuero

Speaking of last year, I met you at the game by the scoreboard meet and greet. Shall we try to get together for another photo.

Old Green
11-18-2009, 06:47 PM
Speaking of last year, I met you at the game by the scoreboard meet and greet. Shall we try to get together for another photo. Sounds like a good deal 957Tiger. It would be nice to visit with you again. I don't know where we could meet at the stadium. I quess we could find out though.

gobble_up03
11-18-2009, 06:56 PM
I hope all of you in Cuero are planning on attending the pep rally/bonfire tomorrow night! It will be fun!

Gobbla2001
11-18-2009, 07:09 PM
Drove through Sealy last night... they had black reefs on their doors? sup with that?

957tiger
11-18-2009, 10:25 PM
I think what you saw was a black wreath. As in back in black and roaring to go.

gobbler grad
11-18-2009, 10:31 PM
GO GOBBLERS...:clap: :clap:

tiger paw
11-18-2009, 10:37 PM
I've watched these boys since youth football and i have to tell u these boys know what they're doing!!! We don't have thugs as some of u post, for the most part we have great young men who want to win with a leader or two that want to make a difference, Coach Mitchell came in guns blazing and alot of us weren't sure what to think....but like has been posted b4, Jimmie hs something and thank goodness he is sharing it with his boys!! U go TIGERS AND COACH MITCHELL....we gonna have us a Turkey dinner....jungle style!!!WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE:):)

Highschoolfan78
11-18-2009, 10:50 PM
I think what you saw was a black wreath. As in back in black and roaring to go.

is it symbolizing the basketball hoop?

Spread It Out
11-18-2009, 10:59 PM
It will be as of Monday.

957tiger
11-19-2009, 12:40 AM
is it symbolizing the basketball hoop?

Oh you guys are so funny. Hoops ha, ha. Let me think about this for a second 11-0 overall, 7-0 on the road. You've got to recognize the difficulty of winning on the road.

bulldog82
11-19-2009, 01:41 AM
who would you like to face for reginals

Tiger Turtle
11-19-2009, 08:07 AM
Sealy's kids have stepped up and done it when it needed to be done against the highly touted Giddings offense, then against LG, and once again against an inspired Needville team that was playing better than they had all season. Hopefully, they will step up on Friday and do what must be done against the Gooblers. ...and BTW, Sealy had several games in the rain early and it didn't seem to bother them much. Has Cuero had to deal with bad weather during the season?

44INAROW
11-19-2009, 08:23 AM
Has Cuero had to deal with bad weather during the season?

Devine vs Cuero - 3rd game of the season - pouring rain for 3 quarters Cuero won 33-8 it was a mud bowl deluxe. (I watched from the nice, warm front seat of my car :) )

Blue42
11-19-2009, 09:05 AM
Ok GOBBLER fans time to start circling the wagons get your butts to the pep rally start making preparations for the game get your MEAN GREEN garb laid out noise makers and all the things you need to cheer on the MIGHTY GOBBLERS TO VICTORY.

teetle
11-19-2009, 09:13 AM
Tigers gonna win because Jimmie know what he be doing. He got something for the Gobblers. He got something for everybody. Theys not gonna like it. But, he gonna make them like it. He that way. Reev, he kind a like that too. Sould be a good game. But the Tigers will win the day. Gobblers be on the table for Thanksgiving and theys be stuffed. Go Tigers:eek: :bigcry: :eek:

gobblerfan02
11-19-2009, 10:33 AM
I'm sorry, but I love it when someone types like they talk! I'm actually looking forward to seeing a good ballgame! Only 20 min drive for me!

1st and goal
11-19-2009, 10:48 AM
Looks like its gonna be a wet game. Is the field artificial turf or grass?

sports mom
11-19-2009, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by 1st and goal
Looks like its gonna be a wet game. Is the field artificial turf or grass?

Turf

GO TIGERS!!!!:cheerl: :cheerl:

44INAROW
11-19-2009, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by rojosgirl
Keep it up guys! We need more pages . . . . . .

GO MEAN GREEN

(I won't give any more insight, don't wanna manipulate anything incompletely):D

rojosgirl
11-19-2009, 12:00 PM
C-U-E-R-O
GO YOU FIGHTING GOBBLERS, GO!

C-U-E-R-O
GO YOU GOBBLERS GO, LET'S GO!

FYI > > For all traveling to the game --- State volleyball tournament is going on at Strahan Coliseum just down the street from Bobcat Stadium. Add more traffic troubles. The 3A games are scheduled for 1 & 3 on Friday.

Safe travels to all. GO-MEAN-GREEN! :clap:

Gobbla2001
11-19-2009, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by tiger paw
We don't have thugs as some of u post

"as some of you post"? On this thread only one person has posted about those thugs and that's me... wouldn't be the only lie you told in that post though :p

In all seriousness, my whole thug deal is in reference to those Bellville posters from up the road and how sore of losers some of them can be...

Sealy's got good'ns and bad'ns just like any other town... mostly good'ns...

Gobbla2001
11-19-2009, 01:37 PM
Devine vs Cuero - 3rd game of the season - pouring rain for 3 quarters Cuero won 33-8 it was a mud bowl deluxe. (I watched from the nice, warm front seat of my car :) )

Wasn't that our best passing-game performance of the year? dunno if we bothered running the ball much that game...

Oh and that 33-8 sounds fishy, don't think Devine turned in 3 points to the Officiating Cronical or something ;)

Gobbla2001
11-19-2009, 01:40 PM
Let me think about this for a second 11-0 overall, 7-0 on the road. You've got to recognize the difficulty of winning on the road.

Hmmm Let a Cuero fan think about this for a second... Cuero is 11-0 overall, 7-0 on the road. Cuero recognizes the difficulty of winning on the road. And also the non-difficulty side of winning on the road ha

hookandladder
11-19-2009, 01:54 PM
Hmmm Let a Cuero fan think about this for a second... Cuero is 11-0 overall, 7-0 on the road. Cuero recognizes the difficulty of winning on the road. And also the non-difficulty side of winning on the road ha

Who did Cuero beat on the road, which teams.

44INAROW
11-19-2009, 02:06 PM
Who did Cuero beat on the road, which teams.
Rio Hondo
Bay City
Yoakum
Goliad
Gonzales

rojosgirl
11-19-2009, 03:44 PM
And the Sam Houston Hurricanes. Every game is on the road now. No more home field advantage! :D

Mean Green Fan
11-19-2009, 03:44 PM
Gobblers gonna win cause Jimmie can't beat them Gobblers.
Reeve got sumthin for them Tigers:D :D :D

GO MEAN GREEN:clap: :clap: :clap:

Blue42
11-19-2009, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by Mean Green Fan
Gobblers gonna win cause Jimmie can't beat them Gobblers.
Reeve got sumthin for them Tigers:D :D :D

GO MEAN GREEN:clap: :clap: :clap:
BAM way to pump it up a notch.
GO MEAN GREEN!!!!!!!!!!!

Bulligator
11-19-2009, 04:34 PM
[B
In all seriousness, my whole thug deal is in reference to those Bellville posters from up the road and how sore of losers some of them can be...

[/B]

Gobbla, I wouldn't be berating the Bellville folks. I hear there's a whole bus load coming down to the game. They plan on wearing red and sitting on the Cuero side. I don't think they will be cheering for Sealy.

You're still not upset about the loss in the baseball playoffs last year, are you?

pirate4state
11-19-2009, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by Bulligator
Gobbla, I wouldn't be berating the Bellville folks. I hear there's a whole bus load coming down to the game. They plan on wearing red and sitting on the Cuero side. I don't think they will be cheering for Sealy.

You're still not upset about the loss in the baseball playoffs last year, are you?

hahaha

Green Bling
11-19-2009, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by Bulligator

We welcome Bellville to come and cheer the Gobblers on to victory!! AND of course we're still upset about the loss in the baseball playoffs last year!! :D :D

Blue42
11-19-2009, 05:14 PM
Come on Bellville folks pack up the babys and grab your old ladys and everyone goes.
GOBBLER LOVES SHOWS.

Green Bling
11-19-2009, 05:17 PM
Come on Bellville folks pack up the babys and grab your old ladys and everyone goes.
GOBBLER LOVES SHOWS.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

hookandladder
11-19-2009, 05:23 PM
Rio Hondo
Bay City
Yoakum
Goliad
Gonzales

Those are not very impressive road wins, Yoakum is the only decent team on this list. Don't go off on me, just stating a fact.You have to admitt it also, not very impressive. Sealy will be your first real test on the road.

44INAROW
11-19-2009, 05:35 PM
Those are not very impressive road wins, Yoakum is the only decent team on this list. Don't go off on me, just stating a fact.You have to admitt it also, not very impressive. Sealy will be your first real test on the road.

not going "off" on you :) but I never said they were or weren't impressive - a question was asked, and I answered it JEEZ ;) and while we're at it, just to clear the air - I've never said Cuero was going to beat Sealy or vice versa - I just contribute to conversations, post what info I think is interesting to chat about, etc. I don't make Cuero predictions. I like to 'hang out' here and I don't like to eat crow.. Win or lose, I'll be here Saturday "doing my thang" I am NOT a fairweather fan. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. ;)

GO MEAN GREEN :)

Blue42
11-19-2009, 05:53 PM
BAM BAM BAM 44 YOUR ON A ROLL!!!!!!!!!!!

gobblerfan02
11-19-2009, 06:31 PM
I'll make a prediction...I'll be there sittin next to 44 at the game! That's all I can say, probly should be studying for dental anatomy, gross, cariology, and the like, but I could always use a break and go watch a good friday night football game!

44INAROW
11-19-2009, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by gobblerfan02
I'll make a prediction...I'll be there sittin next to 44 at the game! That's all I can say, probly should be studying for dental anatomy, gross, cariology, and the like, but I could always use a break and go watch a good friday night football game!

I am taking off work early.. heard there will be some tailgaiting in the SWT I mean Texas State parking lot.. See you there.. :)

12thMan
11-19-2009, 09:18 PM
Just came from the bon fire. It was awesome!! Can't wait for tomorrows game. Be loud, very loud, and be proud. Show some Gobbler spirit.

44INAROW
11-19-2009, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by 12thMan
Just came from the bon fire. It was awesome!! Can't wait for tomorrows game. Be loud, very loud, and be proud. Show some Gobbler spirit.

heard there were bout 20 chili cookoff teams.. one even had "green chili' :D

Luv My Tigers
11-19-2009, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by Green Bling
We welcome Bellville to come and cheer the Gobblers on to victory!! AND of course we're still upset about the loss in the baseball playoffs last year!! :D :D

and you are welcome to have them bellville fans

44INAROW
11-19-2009, 11:20 PM
Hey Tiger Eye - why don't you call your SEALY NEWS ONLINE sports writer and accuse him of manipulating the stats like you did me????? Below are the stats - copied and pasted from your OWN HOMETOWN NEWSPAPER - hhmmm same exact stats I reported for the Tigers. I notice he has Cuero with 14 yards less than our statistician, no biggy - mistakes are easy to make either one of them could have added wrong or wrote the wrong # down. To quote you verbatum "The only thing worse than statistical manipulation, is incomplete statistical manipulation."

this is really a moot point - comparing different teams vs different teams - doesnt really mean much BUT - it does mean that I was evidently close if the Sealy reporter is using the stats (close in Cuero's case) I took great offense to the fact that you said I manipulated the stats. I did no such thing. I was simply providing stats for conversation sake and you make a big deal about it. None of this means squat for the game Friday night - It's a clean slate.

http://www.sealynews.com/articles/2009/11/19/sports/sports02.txt

Sealy faces Cuero in next round of playoffs
November 19, 2009

By CHRIS WALLACE, Sports Writer

After beating Needville BlueJays last week, Sealy faces the Cuero Gobblers this Friday in San Marcus at Bobcat Stadium with a kick-off time of 7:30 p.m.
As of the Tigers last game, the offense has moved the ball 4313 total yards so far this year averaging almost 44 points per game. Cuero has piled up 4,694 total yards this year with an average of 43 points per each game.

GO MEAN GREEN - GOOD LUCK TOMORROW NIGHT WE ARE PROUD OF YOU :)

XtremeCouture
11-19-2009, 11:26 PM
cuero has more yards so they should win

SintonFan
11-19-2009, 11:32 PM
GO GOBBLERS!!!!!!
:clap: :clap: :clap:

sports mom
11-19-2009, 11:35 PM
Hey Tiger Eye - why don't you call your SEALY NEWS ONLINE sports writer and accuse him of manipulating the stats like you did me????? Below are the stats - copied and pasted from your OWN HOMETOWN NEWSPAPER - hhmmm same exact stats I reported for the Tigers. I notice he has Cuero with 14 yards less than our statistician, no biggy - mistakes are easy to make either one of them could have added wrong or wrote the wrong # down. To quote you verbatum "The only thing worse than statistical manipulation, is incomplete statistical manipulation."

this is really a moot point - comparing different teams vs different teams - doesnt really mean much BUT - it does mean that I was evidently close if the Sealy reporter is using the stats (close in Cuero's case) I took great offense to the fact that you said I manipulated the stats. I did no such thing. I was simply providing stats for conversation sake and you make a big deal about it. None of this means squat for the game Friday night - It's a clean slate.

http://www.sealynews.com/articles/2009/11/19/sports/sports02.txt

Sealy faces Cuero in next round of playoffs
November 19, 2009

By CHRIS WALLACE, Sports Writer

After beating Needville BlueJays last week, Sealy faces the Cuero Gobblers this Friday in San Marcus at Bobcat Stadium with a kick-off time of 7:30 p.m.
As of the Tigers last game, the offense has moved the ball 4313 total yards so far this year averaging almost 44 points per game. Cuero has piled up 4,694 total yards this year with an average of 43 points per each game.

GO MEAN GREEN - GOOD LUCK TOMORROW NIGHT WE ARE PROUD OF YOU :)

The above stats mentioned and reported by the sports writer for the Sealy News are not current stats. He more than likely got his stats info. from the Houston Chronicle website which is approx. 2 - 3 games behind on posting team & individual stats. The Chronicle has been behind since the start of the season.

zebrablue2
11-19-2009, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by Luv My Tigers
and you are welcome to have them bellville fans

:rolleyes:

44INAROW
11-19-2009, 11:43 PM
The above stats mentioned and reported by the sports writer for the Sealy News are not current stats. He more than likely got his stats info. from the Houston Chronicle website which is approx. 2 - 3 games behind on posting team & individual stats. The Chronicle has been behind since the start of the season.

So it's OK if he does it but when I posted them (just for grins) I get accused of manipulation..:hand:

oh and the Needville game stats are on the chronicle site - maybe they missed a game ealier in the year?

sports mom
11-20-2009, 12:00 AM
So it's OK if he does it but when I posted them (just for grins) I get accused of manipulation..:hand:

oh and the Needville game stats are on the chronicle site - may be they missed a game ealier in the year?

Look, I didn't say it was okay and I didn't accuse you of anything. I am just stating what I know...... so don't get your panties all in a ruffle.

I didn't say they missed a game I said they are BEHIND in posting stats.

SintonFan
11-20-2009, 12:11 AM
Look, I didn't say it was okay and I didn't accuse you of anything. I am just stating what I know...... so don't get your panties all in a ruffle.

lol
Are you a soccer mom? J/k
44IAR was just talking "hypotheticals", I'm sure.:)

sports mom
11-20-2009, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
lol
Are you a soccer mom? J/k
44IAR was just talking "hypotheticals", I'm sure.:)

No, I'm not a soccer mom. Why do I sound like one?

I'm sorry, I was just stating what I knew about the stats posted. Besides, stats are great for scouts, but they don't decide who will win the game.

Mean Green Fan
11-20-2009, 12:17 AM
44INAROW..Thanks for posting the stats earlier.
yes they dont mean alot but they are nice to look at
and compare:)

GO MEAN GREAN!!!!

Deuce
11-20-2009, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by XtremeCouture
cuero has more yards so they should win

lmao

Highschoolfan78
11-20-2009, 12:26 AM

Hmm... Let me think about this for a second... Sealy is 11-o overall, 7-0 on the road. Cuero is 11-0 overall, 7-0 on the road.... "What's that boy? A clue, boy? Both teams are undefeated? That only means one thing, Blue. We have two good football teams. I hope someone comes away with a win, geewillikers."
- reference from Blues Clues Dec. 21, 2012.

gobbler grad
11-20-2009, 07:45 AM
Gobblers win in the rain...:thinking:

44INAROW
11-20-2009, 08:16 AM
dang, it rained all night.. hope everyone is careful on their travels to the game :)

GAME DAY

gobblerfan02
11-20-2009, 09:19 AM
I'll be sittin in class all day learning about alveolar nerve blocks!!! See you there!

44INAROW
11-20-2009, 09:23 AM

my last post on this subject -

I didn't say you said they missed a game - Tiger Eye said the " stats didn't reflect La Grange or Needville" so I was just pointing out that they were on there..Like I said - it's not the stats I am upset about - it's the accusation made on me that upsets me. Oh well - Water under the bridge. Speaking of water - Wish you safe travels to San Marcos

CheerMom
11-20-2009, 09:33 AM
Praying for an injury free game for both teams and safe travel for all!! :D

teetle
11-20-2009, 09:34 AM
Bullaligator, yous just might as well stays at home along with all of the other bellville people wheres theys belongs with theys team. Jimmie already had something for you and yous didnts like it. You where you belong(at home) You like the aggies nows. Wait tills nextes year. :eek: :bigcry: :bigcry: :eek:

rojosgirl
11-20-2009, 10:10 AM
Maybe where they belong is watching a good high school football game. They'll get their money's worth tonight. A game for the ages. It will be a good one!

Safe travels everyone and GO-MEAN-GREEN!

:cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl:

unclebeebeep
11-20-2009, 10:28 AM
hey i was wondering what the weather is suppose to be like for the game is it going to be raining?

headhunter
11-20-2009, 10:53 AM
I think it should rain all day around the coast but towards central Texas I don't think it will rain as much, hopefully it will clear out by tonight, either way the rain will not effect what either team does. You can bet both will bring plenty of dry footballs and both will want to stay with the gameplan for as much as possible.

ccmom
11-20-2009, 10:54 AM
Go Gobblers, Go!:cheerl: :cheerl:

Blue42
11-20-2009, 11:08 AM
Man getting ready for the game lets get loud tonight and cheer our Gobblers on to victory.Bring your noise makers and lets rock this joint. Reeve has the boys ready to go time to get down and dirty.
And all you Gobbler fans come to the sendoff if you can and lets get our boys pumped.
GO MEAN GREEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

etxcowboys2
11-20-2009, 11:25 AM
hey every one go to www.texasfootball.com and vote for kam jones as player of the week go district 28 3a

teetle
11-20-2009, 11:47 AM
Rohosgirl theys may learns something to.:eek: :bigcry: :eek:

rojosgirl
11-20-2009, 12:03 PM
Maybe so.

makita_6
11-20-2009, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by unclebeebeep
hey i was wondering what the weather is suppose to be like for the game is it going to be raining?

The hour by hour on weather.com says it should be letting up by 5 or 6...so I hope their right

Blue42
11-20-2009, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by etxcowboys2
hey every one go to www.texasfootball.com and vote for kam jones as player of the week go district 28 3a
He got lots of them from me!

GreenMachine
11-20-2009, 12:19 PM
He got lots of them from me! myself :thumbsup:

44INAROW
11-20-2009, 12:20 PM
Odessa player 44%
Kam Jones 43%

It's going down to the wire !

Green Bling
11-20-2009, 01:17 PM
I posted a number of votes and got one in right under the wire. At that time Kam had the majority of 45%. Think he got it.:D

Gobbla2001
11-20-2009, 01:19 PM
hell yah, that kid is something else... they had a poster of Jones in the Advocate yesterday...

guess whose poster is now stapled to the ceiling above Gobbla2001's bed?

Not Kam's but I would if I were a lady...

Cowboy_Up
11-20-2009, 03:02 PM
Gobbla...:clap:

Thanks to all our Gobbler friends for helping Kam.
Now, go get it done and maybe we can have another voting party next week for Tyler or Trent or...another of your favorite Gobblers.

K-MAC Chuck
11-20-2009, 05:03 PM
Go Tigers!!!

Enjoy the broadcast - www.kmacsports.com or www.sealysports.com

GreenMachine
11-20-2009, 05:51 PM
Goooooooo Meeaaaaannnnnn Grreeeeeeeennnnnnn!!!!!!:clap:

GreenMachine
11-20-2009, 05:52 PM
Goooooooooo Meeeaaaaaannnnnnn Grrreeeeeeennnnnn!!!:clap:

SHSBulldog00
11-20-2009, 08:34 PM
Sealy took the opening KO 95 yards for a TD

7-0 Tigers early 1st

unclebeebeep
11-20-2009, 08:48 PM
4:26 to go in the 1st
Sealy 14
Cuero 0

scrub c
11-20-2009, 08:49 PM
Big MOE is on sealy's side right now...

scrub c
11-20-2009, 08:54 PM
well, not so fast...

cuero strikes back...

unclebeebeep
11-20-2009, 08:54 PM
3:00 in 1st
Sealy 14
Cuero7

unclebeebeep
11-20-2009, 08:59 PM
39 seconds to go in the 1st

Sealy 21
Cuero 7

unclebeebeep
11-20-2009, 09:04 PM
End of the 1st
Sealy 21
Cuero 7

unclebeebeep
11-20-2009, 09:10 PM
9:26 in the 2nd
Sealy 21
Cuero 13

KingRob
11-20-2009, 09:13 PM
FUMBLE!!!

LET'S GO CUERO!!!
:cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl:

KingRob
11-20-2009, 09:15 PM
TOUCHDOWN!!!

TRENT JACKSON TAKES IT IN!!

LET'S GO CUERO!!!

KingRob
11-20-2009, 09:15 PM
2 Point conversion good!!

WOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!

unclebeebeep
11-20-2009, 09:16 PM
8:23 in the 2nd
Sealy 21
Cuero 21

unclebeebeep
11-20-2009, 09:22 PM
6:27 to go in the 2nd
Sealy 28
Cuero 21

Footballhudini
11-20-2009, 09:22 PM
that was quick

KingRob
11-20-2009, 09:29 PM
Touchdown Gobblers!!!

unclebeebeep
11-20-2009, 09:30 PM
3:14 in the 2nd
Sealy 28
Cuero 27

Gobbler Fan
11-20-2009, 09:30 PM
what a ballgame ...28-27 Sealy winning 3:14 to go in the half

29-3aFAN
11-20-2009, 09:40 PM
Go cuero!!!

unclebeebeep
11-20-2009, 10:26 PM
7:36 in the 3rd
Sealy 28
Cuero 33

KingRob
11-20-2009, 10:27 PM
LET'S GO CUERO!!!

KingRob
11-20-2009, 10:31 PM
Gotta get up in 3 hrs, but I just can't stop listening!!!!

GO GOBBLERS!!!

Gobbler Fan
11-20-2009, 10:36 PM
Take that ....TD Gobblers

unclebeebeep
11-20-2009, 10:37 PM
3:10 in the 3rd
Sealy 28
Cuero 40

KingRob
11-20-2009, 10:37 PM
TOUCHDOWN GOBBLERS!!

40-28

LET'S GO CUERO!!!

GO MEAN GREEN!!!

Gobbler Fan
11-20-2009, 10:38 PM
40-28 3:10 in 3rd

Gobbler Fan
11-20-2009, 10:40 PM
Keep it up Defense ... woooo hoooo

Gobbler Fan
11-20-2009, 10:44 PM
end of the 4th ...40 28 Cuero

Cuero driving

KingRob
11-20-2009, 10:45 PM
Once again, the Gobblers come on strong in the second half. Do y'all agree?

Gobbler Fan
11-20-2009, 10:48 PM
I agree , they have done this all year .

Gobbler Fan
11-20-2009, 10:51 PM
D-E-F-E-N-S-E ......hold em

KingRob
11-20-2009, 10:58 PM
Andrew Thidodeaux (sp) is having one heck of a game!!

SintonFan
11-20-2009, 10:59 PM
GO GOBBLERS!!!!!!!!