11-20-2009, 11:01 PM
TOUCHDOWN!!!!

Cuero - 46
Sealy - 28

(another PAT missed!)

GO MEAN GREEN!!!

1st and goal
11-20-2009, 11:04 PM
Sounds like Cuero's O and Trent Jackson are a tough combination.
Go, Trent Gooooo!!!

unclebeebeep
11-20-2009, 11:05 PM
6:57 in the 4th
Sealy 36
Cuero 46

KingRob
11-20-2009, 11:07 PM
Sealy scores.

Cuero - 46
Sealy - 36

What a game!

LET'S GO CUERO!!!:cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl:

Gobbler Fan
11-20-2009, 11:07 PM
we need a loooooong time consuming drive ....lets go Gobblers

Gobbler Fan
11-20-2009, 11:09 PM
keep on grinding ...way to go o-line :clap:

Gobbler Fan
11-20-2009, 11:11 PM
yes 1st down ...wtg Trent

Gobbler Fan
11-20-2009, 11:13 PM
3rd and 2

I formation - Jackson for a TD 43 yard td run

KingRob
11-20-2009, 11:14 PM
TOUCHDOWN!!!

Cuero - 52
Sealy - 36

WOOOOOHOOOOO!!!!

Gobbler Fan
11-20-2009, 11:16 PM
53-36 Gobblers

#27 Trent Jackson 271 yards so far

KingRob
11-20-2009, 11:17 PM
CUERO - 53
SEALY - 36

LET'S GO CUERO!!!

:cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl:

1st and goal
11-20-2009, 11:22 PM
Cuero's band playing na na na na, na na na na, hey hey hey, good bye with about 3 minutes left.

Well Teetle, I guess Jimmy ain't got nutting for them. He ain't to good that way. I hope he has money to put gas in the bus to get the team home. wah, wah wah...

:hand:
:p

naked bootleg
11-20-2009, 11:23 PM
Cuero vs Ingleside
Victoria or Corpus?

SintonFan
11-20-2009, 11:25 PM
Go Gobblers!!!
Win!!!!

Gobbler Fan
11-20-2009, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by 1st and goal
Cuero's band playing na na na na, na na na na, hey hey hey, good bye with about 3 minutes left.

Well Teetle, I guess Jimmy ain't got nutting for them. He ain't to good that way. I hope he has money to put gas in the bus to get the team home. wah, wah wah...

:hand:
:p

0-5 for Mitchell , better luck next time :devil:

KingRob
11-20-2009, 11:26 PM
Minus 8 yards rushing in the second half for Sealy!! What a great win for the Gobblers!!!!

Regional Champions!!!!

GO MEAN GREEN!!!

CONGRATULATIONS GOBBLERS!!!

sinton66
Cuero with over 600 yds of offense.

Mean Green Fan
Cuero Gobblers...Regional Champs over the Sealy Tigers

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Highschoolfan78
11-20-2009, 11:27 PM
Cuero holds Sealy to -8 yards rushing in second half. The battle of the RB's is complete. Depth at the position did not matter in the end. Congrats Gobblers to a great win. Congrats Sealy on a wonderful season. Unfortunately one team has to return home.

SintonFan
11-20-2009, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by Gobbler Fan
0-5 for Mitchell , better luck next time :devil:

Mitchell is an excellent Coach, still.:)

Mean Green Fan
11-20-2009, 11:29 PM
The Cuero offense is hard to stop:clap: :clap: :clap:

GO MEAN GREEN!!!!!!!

GreenMachine
11-20-2009, 11:30 PM
I guess the RB debate was solved tonight. WTG Gobblers!!! :clap::clap:

Mean Green Fan
11-20-2009, 11:31 PM
Yes we all know who has the better RB
Trent Jackson!!

Go Gobblers

Mean Green Fan
11-20-2009, 11:35 PM
How about that....
The weak D28 Champ beat the D25Champ....one the toughtest districts in the state:D :D

Gobbler Fan
11-20-2009, 11:36 PM
impossible that cant be true :doh: :kiss: :clap:

Highschoolfan78
11-20-2009, 11:38 PM
If Edna and Yoakum complete the sweep for the second week in a row, then respect must be given to D28. It does have depth this year.

SHSBulldog00
Trent Jackson

36 Carries 293 Yards 4TD's

KingRob
Originally posted by Mean Green Fan
How about that....
The weak D28 Champ beat the D25Champ....one the toughtest districts in the state:D :D

:clap: :clap: :clap:

JT44
11-21-2009, 01:36 AM
Of course Trent literally carried the load, but Monte Green had some timely catches tonight also.
Way to step up that defense in the second half and overcome that early 14 point deficit.

44INAROW
11-21-2009, 02:06 AM
Originally posted by Mean Green Fan
How about that....

1st off - Congrats Sealy on a great season.

Whew - what a game.. Way to go Gobblers..

I got to meet Brahma84 ( think that's her name) tonight.. that was fun :)

next up - Ingleside.

Originally posted by hookandladder
Those are not very impressive road wins, Yoakum is the only decent team on this list. Don't go off on me, just stating a fact.You have to admitt it also, not very impressive. Sealy will be your first real test on the road.
by the way - did the Gobblers pass the test tonight?

GO MEAN GREEN :)

sinton legacy77
11-21-2009, 02:15 AM
I hope you guys smash the ingledinks!

Old Green
11-21-2009, 02:15 AM
Great game tonight. Both teams played their hearts out.

Congrats to Sealy on a great season.

Congrats to the the Gobblers on hanging in there.

zebrablue2
11-21-2009, 02:20 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW

next up - Ingleside.

brahma 84 is a sweetheart. her hubby is ok:) their son was a big part of the brahma teams of the past. good folks... btw-- congrats on the win!!!

Blue42
11-21-2009, 02:31 AM
Wow I call them like I see them and the Gobblers showed a lot of composure after a bad 1st quarter. Got to give it to Trent he was great but all the boys played hard and some of the ones that don't get there name called too much fought hard. Reeve called a great game kept the QB for Sealy off his.
The crowd was loud I think the pennies in my milk jug disintegrated I shook it so hard.
Also thanks to BOOMER and all the guys on the sidelines for keeping the tempo up .

44INAROW
11-21-2009, 03:05 AM
Oh, just wanna mention Logan Pickett played a fantastic game on both sides of the ball. I don't know if anyone (well I know CHSVARSITY DAD did) noticed - but once he was put in on Defense - the "Tide Shifted" I might be a little off on the timing but I know it turned when he was in there. I bet he sleeps good tonight.. All the guys did great. Trent, Thibbedeau,(sp) Green, Ybarra, Rickman - so many others - I really shouldn't list any without them all and I apologize for not naming some. The entire group did a great job! Way to hold your composure after the 14-0 start.
Tyler, What can I say about Tyler? OMG he was a leader tonight, kept things in check and just did what had to be done. QB, punter, and when his teammate was injured he came in for PAT and Kickoffs. Just a great team effort. Oh - how about #8's catch on that flea flicker? Great Job Aaron! And of course the guys on both the O Line and D Line? They work in the trenches and don't get much recognition. The O Line and D Line both should be player of the week too! ;)

99IHSMustang
11-21-2009, 04:06 AM
Originally posted by sinton legacy77
I hope you guys smash the ingledinks!

It is posters like u that give Sinton a bad name. Many of the Ingleside fans support the other teams in our district during playoff time. With that being said I will not stoop so low as you to say that I hope the next team Sinton faces clobbers them. If u are still bitter about the loss to Ingleside earlier in the season, don't worry there is always next year for a rematch. Go Mustangs!!!

Footballhudini
11-21-2009, 05:46 AM
Originally posted by Footballhudini
If both teams show up and play up to their "potential" the clear winner is the Gobblers by 18. Any team that plays an average 2a school close (Sealy/Rice) should not even be considered in the running against Cuero.

I agree with hudini

lostaussie
11-21-2009, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by jp744
No way...... Sealy will win it all. They are battle tested. oh my!!

No way...... Sealy will win it all. They are battle tested. oh my!!

No way...... Sealy will win it all. They are battle tested. i guess i need to change my signature.............this one is no longer relevant:D

hookandladder
11-21-2009, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW

next up - Ingleside.

by the way - did the Gobblers pass the test tonight?

GO MEAN GREEN :)

Was able to listen to the game last night on the internet ,yes Cuero proved who was the best team tonight. What I like about Cuero is that they still use the FB and use the play action, when you have a very talented QB and RB I think this offense is very hard to beat. Trent Jackson is a very talented RB however I think if you had Dabney back there with that OL and FB the results would be very similar, Cuero' offense was just to much for Sealy.

12thMan
11-21-2009, 09:19 AM
What a game it was. We spotted them 14 points the first qtr and they did what champions do, don't give up. Most teams would have hung their heads and folded right there. But not this team, not our Gobblers. I've said all along, this is a different Gobbler team. They are on a mission. And they play as a TEAM. And that's the difference between us and other teams. These men stick together to achieve one goal.

I know I have been hard on the Cuero fans since the Edna game, and last night, y'all were great. Cuero fans were pumped up and loud! I loved it. Great job Cuero faithful. Keep up the good work. Come out next week and let's rock the stadium all four qtrs.
Yes, this was a big win, but it's not over. One Town, One goal, One mission!!

44INAROW
11-21-2009, 10:12 AM
Game stats...... and just for you TIGER EYE - these are from the Cuero vs Sealy game only - no manipulation involved - strictly team against team.. :) normally I wouldn't do this but you were so rude I just couldn't help myself.

Originally posted by tiger eye
[QUOTE]
[B]

Once again statistics are in play to support a position that would have been the same without their use.

The only thing worse than statistical manipulation, is incomplete statistical manipulation.

The numbers you used for the Tigers, "appear" to be from the Houston Chronicle, and do not reflect the final game stats from the La Grange or Needville contests.

The numbers amassed by the Gobblers were against a different set of opponents and are hardly relevant comparisons as a foundation for the predicted outcome you chose. No two resources reflect the same stats, this season.

In a very competitive 25-3A district, most will agree that our QB-WR-and RB are among the best at their respective positions this year, but we have had huge contributions by players virtually three deep at each of those skilled positions, and that is called depth, and that will come into play this week in San Marcos.

Total yards

Sealy 238
Cuero 625

First downs
Sealy 14
Cuero 27

Rushes/Yds
Sealy 18/45 (2.5 avg)
Cuero 53/321 (6.06 avg)

Comp/Atts
Sealy 12/27/1 193 yards 44.44 %
Cuero 14/24/0 304 yards 58.33%

oh and 12th man, Blue42 and Mrs A - I can hardly talk today - (my family is loving it ) ;) ;)

zebrablue2
11-21-2009, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by lostaussie
oh my!!

oh my!!

i guess i need to change my signature.............this one is no longer relevant:D

LOL!

CueroDad08
11-21-2009, 10:27 AM
Looking at both teams before this game, you could see both were very well coached by the way they come out after halftimes.
Plenty of times during the season both these teams had put the clamps down on the other teams they had played in the second half. This game I thought going in would be high scoring in first half for both teams and close, and it was. I was unsure if Cuero or Sealy would be the team that made the halftime ajustments and go on and win the game. Cuero won that battle like they have all year. So great job for the staff, Great game plan early on for Sealy. With a great kickoff return and a Fumble recovery for a TD early and then to follow that up with one hell of a first drive. But Cuero showed the heart of a champion and was never faised.

ONE at a time for the Gobblers.

The Mustangs will be fired up, lets hit em hard early and take the wind out of there sail.

And yes 44 that was a great catch by number 8 I must say so myself.

headhunter
11-21-2009, 10:57 AM
Post on both Cuero Sealy threads

What a game!!! I want to first state that last nights game might have been the best game ever coached and executed in the Mark Reeve era. The gameplan was perfect, you could not have scripted a better two drives to start the second half. AND WHAT IMPRESSED ME THE MOST WAS - Coach Reeve used Arndt and the pass to set up Jackson later in the game. He didn't call that lateral passing crap or those stupid WR sweeps, everything was vertical (attack mode). He allowed Tyler to be a playmaker and make things happen. When things were not looking good, Arndt took in upon himself to make several big time plays. Then once we had worked our way back into the game, we let Jackson loose. That kid is freakin amazing.

Sealy has a very skilled football team, the QB is solid and #14 WR is pretty darn good as well. Downey is a very good player and can score from anywhere on the field. HOWEVER the score was a lot closer then the game really was. Halftime score was 28-27 but the Gobblers had 322 yards in the 1st half and Sealy only 123. Cuero spotted Sealy 14 and dropped a TD pass in the 1st qtr, Can you imagine the damage that Cuero would have done if they had not spotted them the 14. Cuero would be pretty scary if they had a special teams.

I will add that the "X" factor for the game was #29 Andrew Thibideaux. This kid made numerous big plays throughout the night, He may never get the recognition that some of the others get but he is a key player on defense and offense. He had big plays on 3rd downs and made a huge pick, also the other kid to standout was #3 Monty Green, he forced the pick in the 3rd and had numerous big catches on 3rd down to keep the chains moving. He also covered very well in the secondary.

Last point - Coach Mitchell and Sealy why call timeout with 35 seconds left, if it was me, I would have thrown for a TD and hung 60 on your ass, YOur down three scores, if you wanted to use those timouts then you should have done it with about 4 minutes left in the game. Stupid Move!

Cuero 53
Sealy 36
Sounds pretty good to me.

crabman
11-21-2009, 11:24 AM
One more thing to add to headhunter's post. I cannot remember the last time I saw so many kids picking each other up off the turf. Cuero picking up Sealy. Sealy picking up Cuero. You could tell that both coaches prepared these teams to respect their opponent because of how good they were. That carried onto the field. I pointed this out to several people around me and once you started looking, it was happening on darn near every play.

Look at the penalties in the game. 30 yards for each team. Sealy had one personal foul on our sideline where they hit a guy maybe a foot or two out of bounds. To me it was a no call. Other than that, a very well played, very well executed, clean game.

I told everybody before the game that this would be a three touchdown game but I did not have a clue who would be on the winning end. Sealy by 3 or Cuero by 3. The prediction was right.

I still cannot believe we had 300 yards passing and 600 yard of offense while it NEVER quit raining. It rained and it rained and then it rained some more. I saw Coach Reeve earlier in the day and I asked him about the weather forecast and he said it did not matter. Rain or shine, we do what we do. We don't know any other way. That is the offense. Heck I hope it rains every game from here on out.

BTW rooster, I will be waiting for your minifesto. :D

CueroDad08
11-21-2009, 11:36 AM
BTW rooster, I will be waiting for your minifesto.

I want to see that BAD too..............

Cowboy_Up
11-21-2009, 11:44 AM
I really don't know that the Cuero offense gets the state wide respect it should. Against us they were perfect. Arndt is so good at throwing and managing, that big FB will clean your clock and run well. They do a great job of hiding, covering and then uncovering the TE, and Jackson is almost beyond description. And, their line only keeps getting better. Those kids up front are well drilled and sharp. D linemen playing against Cuero better keep their head on a swivel.

I'll be very surprised if Ingleside holds them to less than 50. And it's not just the score, that Offense controls the tempo of the game. Cuero can beat anyone in the state.

GreenMachine
11-21-2009, 12:48 PM
Yes CowboyUp, Cuero is looking sharp on offense and will be tough to contain. The defense stepped up last night and appears to be on the right track. BUT, to more pressing matters. Go help those Cowboys bring home a WIN tonight! I'll be rooting for Ya'll and hope Kam has another big game! :clap:

Gobbla2001
11-21-2009, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by crabman

Sealy had one personal foul on our sideline where they hit a guy maybe a foot or two out of bounds. To me it was a no call.

agreed... he just brought him down a yard out of bounds with the contact being before Jackson went out, the kid was just playing hard is all... but I felt it made up for what I thought was a bad pass interference call on Green, so I cheered it...

zebrablue2
11-21-2009, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by teetle
Be interested to knows what Pud be thinking. He know what he doing. He know both teams. Gobblers very good. But, Jimmie got something for them and they not gonna like it. He gonna make them like it. He good that way. Tiger defense be underrated. Theys better than peoples thinks. Theys will show up . Go Tigers.:bigcry: :eek: :bigcry:

Could not help but bring this one up. 600 plus yards, WOW!!!

44INAROW
11-21-2009, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
Could not help but bring this one up. 600 plus yards, WOW!!!

:D :D

Gobbla2001
11-21-2009, 01:56 PM
is it just me, or was this how everything looked (from the home-side) when Jackson busted out of the pile-up for that TD?

http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/2127/bums.png

GreenMachine
11-21-2009, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
Could not help but bring this one up. 600 plus yards, WOW!!! I think teetle was :smoker: rendering him a little :crazy1: and :vrycnfsd:

OnceABucJr
11-21-2009, 03:19 PM
BTW, where be teetle now???

44INAROW
11-21-2009, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by OnceABucJr
BTW, where be teetle now???
We probably won't see him along with quite a few others until next year mid season. Fair weather fans..they do it every year :(

pirate4state
11-21-2009, 05:07 PM
Congrats to the Gobblers.

I am sad for #11 (Sealy) and his family, but they will dust themselves off and be back next year.

Good season Tigers!