PDA

View Full Version : Home Field Advantage

Old Dog
11-13-2009, 12:09 PM
With three teams making the playoffs from each 3A district, there is no big advantage to winning district. So, I suggest that All district champions be given home field advantage for at least the first round of the playoffs. Of course if two teams met that were district champs/ Division I teams it would be back to the drawing board.

Any other thoughts on how to give district champs a nod for their accomplishment ?

waterboy
11-13-2009, 12:22 PM
I like that idea! Gilmer has won 9 straight undefeated district championships, and have yet to play a playoff game at Buckeye Stadium. I think winning district oughta have at least a perk, or two.:thumbsup:

44INAROW
11-13-2009, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
I like that idea! Gilmer has won 9 straight undefeated district championships, and have yet to play a playoff game at Buckeye Stadium. I think winning district oughta have at least a perk, or two.:thumbsup:
same here I agree - the fans will travel no matter where we play - but it would be nice to play at home for the 1st playoff game

Pendragon13
11-13-2009, 01:00 PM
Yeah, I think that's a good idea....but what if two district champions meet in Bi-district?

waterboy
11-13-2009, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by Pendragon13
Yeah, I think that's a good idea....but what if two district champions meet in Bi-district?
Flip a coin for home and home, or find a neutral site as usual.